Medical Office File Clerk
Central Alberta Methadone Program: Second Chance Recovery
Hours of work: 20 hours per week
Rate of pay: Starting wage of $15.00 per hour
- retrieving and preparing patient charts for the following day as per clinic procedure;
- filing medical documents such as lab reports in appropriate patient files;
- scheduling patient testing and screening;
- placing orders for lab services;
- keeping inventory of clinic medical supplies and placing orders as required;
- assisting with booking appointments;
- assisting the reception staff to maintain an organized work place, and ensuring records are properly maintained and filed; and,
- other duties consistent with a medical office file clerk and front-line staff person.
Professional Qualities and Skills
We are seeking candidates that demonstrate the following qualities and maintain a high level of performance in the following skills:
- professional office etiquette;
- respect for the privacy and dignity of patients, and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times;
- excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate efficiently with health professionals;
- ability to multi-task effectively, and work independently without supervision when required;
- a warm and outgoing personality, and an excellent telephone etiquette; and,
- preference will be give to those with superior customer service skills, and well developed ability to provide assistance to patients, prospective patients and the general public.
The following qualifications are required:
- 1 to 3 years working in an office environment, with demonstrable organizational, customer service and filing experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills; and,
- preference will be given to those with a record of providing excellent customer service to a diverse client group from a variety of socio-economic, and ethnic backgrounds; and to those with experience working in medical office environment.
Note: Position requires successful applicant(s) to undergo a criminal record check.
Indeed - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
Methadone Maintenance Treatment Program for individuals struggling with opiate addictions.