Seattle Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Wonderful place to work.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA11 January 2018
Seattle Children's Hospital is an amazing place to work. Depending on the department and the job your doing will depend on the level of stress you will encounter during your day. I highly recommend working for Seattle Children's Hospital.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Hospital work can be stressful at times
Amazing leadership
Mental Health Evaluator - On-Call (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA8 January 2018
I'm constantly impressed by my co-workers. So much thought is given to making sure kids and their families feel comfortable and validated.

Everyone is relaxed,collaborative, respective of each other's experience and judgement.
Pros
team atmosphere
Cons
parking, shuttling
A great organization
Administrative Assistant III - Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA7 January 2018
Assist Leadership team with requests.
I learned a lot about organization skills, dealing with multiple Leadership members.
The workplace is good and enjoyable.
Pros
The staff enjoy their jobs and are good when working together
Cons
Not much
Like it
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA19 December 2017
Overall, good experience. Currently going through growing pains which means lack of communication and often times confusion surrounding processes. Great benefits, but salary and retirement package not very competitive.
Pros
employee engagment
Cons
lack of communication and training
Great place!
Utilization Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA13 December 2017
Great place to work and make a difference for those around. I enjoyed my coworkers who are now my friends. Loved being a part of new groundbreaking events for new research building. Became a Guinness world record holder at the groundbreaking by participating in the largest science project, extracting the dna of a strawberry.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Hard to advance.
Travelers beware
Agency PACU RN (Former Employee) –  Main Campus6 December 2017
I'm a great nurse, and my patients normally love me, but the culture made it impossible to demonstrate confidence in my work. As a traveler, I was not supported. They singled me out, went through my charting to find error, and constantly harrassed me. The management was not on my side, and when the night shift complained to the manager about things that were percieved by them, but not the truth or proven, he immediately took it as truth and did not assess deeper and hear my defense. I felt very uncomfortable, and it started to make my patient's feel uncomfortable. I don't thrive in a negative work environment.

Overheard manager telling another travel nurse, "I expect my travelers to be perfect. If I have to talk with them more than a couple times then I will tell them, you know, this just isn't a good fit,"
Then he will have security escort them out of the hospital.

Only problem, is the staff like to run to management about minor issues.
Pros
Many great staff members
Cons
Problem with dishonesty and gossip amongst management
Great Benefits, Lots of Racism, Sexism, and Performance of White Progressivism
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA6 December 2017
Children's pays well. However as a person of color and a female presenting person, I cannot recommend it as a place to work, or to be a patient if you are from a marginalized group. There is a lot of talk about diversity and Inclusion, a lot of performance of caring about service to marginalized people, but very little action to go with that talk. It is an abusive place to work for many people who are not white men. There is this idea that Children's exists in a vacuum that is not influenced by the world with which it interacts daily. HR is complicit. Besides the pay and benefits, there is nothing redeeming about this organization from an employee perspective.
Pros
Orca pass, Inexpensive or free health benefits, Competitive salaries
Cons
Racism, Misogyny, Xenophobia
Highly Advanced and Supportive
"Intensive Care Unit Technician" (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA4 December 2017
The staffing is always supportive of each other and the care provided is top notch. A typical day included answering phone calls from nurses who need assistance, stocking the supplies for each room, and completing daily tasks. Other roles include assisting nurses with transfers, bed changes, diaper changes, dressing changes and participating in code or emergency situations.
Love it
Family Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA3 December 2017
FANTASTIC place to work. Wonderful work place culture, totally competitive pay, great management structure, lots of opportuniites for advancement. you wont regret it
Retire in place
Management (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA1 December 2017
clinical work is possibly state of the art, though no quality reports are promoted

operational management is old-school 'mean girl' and risk averse, lacking current industry experience or need to innovate

work environment is not employee friendly - cheap bordering on miserly
One of the worst job experience
Mental Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle28 November 2017
The job itself is stressful, high turnover rate, I think the average stay was 2 years, the job wasn't the best. If you didn't fit the kind of mold they liked than they were quick to judge and accuse you of mistakes. The management sucked, they forced me to resign after only giving me two extra training days. They tried to force their own agenda of it not being the right fit for me for weeks, even though I was qualified for the job and wanted to continue working even under bad management. They used my own depression against me as a way to prove that I wasn't cut out for it. The management doesn't even watch you on the floor to know how you're doing, nor do they care and would rather save a buck then improve their training process. Also they try to make it seem that being an introvert is the end of the world and people should only be loud and extrovert. The only upside was the other coaches and the patients and the staff that work on the floor that were kind.
Amazing Organization
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AK27 November 2017
The organization is amazing. The health benefits are the best I've ever had and the work culture is positive and encouraging as a whole however management across the company is inconsistent. There are a lot of moving parts to the organization and they don't always talk to each other effectively. I would absolutely recommend it as an organization.
Pros
Health Benefits, Work Culture, Opportunity
Wonderful Place to Work
Pediatric Mental Health Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA20 November 2017
I absolutely love working for Seattle Children's Hospital. Working on my unit is a very challenging and fast-paced environment, but the Leadership (Management) Team and my co-workers, along with the overall culture of the company, make working fun and enjoyable. I feel so lucky to be working at such a high-demand, highly-rated hospital for children that provides such high quality care to children in need. I would recommend and do recommend working at Seattle Children's Hospital.
nursing
RN, PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA19 November 2017
nursing Process and critical thinking. assess and treated patients in a psychiatric environment of voluntary and involuntarily committed patients on psychotropics.
They really do have a ping pong table.
Sr. Integration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA13 November 2017
There are a lot of real nice people who work at Seattle Children's Hospital. Unfortunately they did not follow through on the promise of advancement without going into management. Overall it is a pleasant environment.
Pros
Occasional free lunches if you go to meetings.
Cons
They constantly beg you to give them some of the money they pay you
Great Organization
Health Information Specialist II-Home Care (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WA2 November 2017
I aboslutely love working at Seattle Children's and management and the hospital are very supportive and willing to help with any questions or career advancements.
Most Childrens employees are highly motivated and easy to get along with.
Materials Handler, Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA24 October 2017
For the most part, a good working environment. Most employees have a sense of mission about their work. Only negative was the nepotism practiced by environmental services management.
Best Place in the World
Registered Surgical Tech (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA9 October 2017
Working at Seattle Childrens has taught me what a team is suppose to be. We all worked for the greater good, and that is always the children. Staff were always supportive and willing to allow you to help when necessary. The most positive atmosphere in the Pacific Northwest!! Everyone should work for Children's!!
Pros
No High Fructose Corn Syrup anywhere
Cons
very short breaks
You're doing good work. The right work.
Continuous Improvement Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA30 September 2017
Good people, great mission. Pay is a bit low for living and owning a home in the city. Advancement opportunities not clear. You need to be a self starter. At the same time phenomenal work life balance means it works in my life.
Pros
People
Cons
Parking situation, pay, clear path for advancement.
Paid more elsewhere.
Pediatric RN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA30 September 2017
Seattle Children's salaries are not competitive. The organization tries to make up for it with benefits. But, the benefits they advertise are not available to everyone. Several people in my unit applied for tuition assistance, but were denied even though they met all eligibility criteria. Apparently, only a small number of people who apply for tuition assistance actually receive it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.