Seattle Children's Hospital

Seattle Children's Hospital Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Fun
Admission Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 31, 2014
Great place to work if you love athletics and health. I loved being around such a healthy environment, they have a great business model! and there was a lot to learn from this job.
HR and OR Management suck
Technician in the OR (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 8, 2014
Pros: being part of a team helping children overcome disease and injury!
Cons: hr and or management would rather promote an air of hostility, complacency and ignorance than engage with staff to make it a better place to work.
HR and OR Management would rather promote an air of hostility, complacency and ignorance than engage with staff to make it a better place to work.
Need I say more?
I have had some rotten jobs over the years but have never been treated with less respect by an employer than I was at Seattle Children's.
Professional, compassionate and determined to be the best.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: competitive pay. various perks and discounts. free bike. funny kids.
Cons: it's a children's hospital.
I usually have a project of some kind going on whether it's document production, planning for next months health focus or catching up on filing.
Former Employee
Anesthesia Tech (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 24, 2014
Pros: working with my colleagues and learning from them was an incredible experience.
Cons: management and hr could not be any less concerned with morale or supporting their employees.
Do Not work in the OR at Seattle Children's. Management is horrendous. Techs and nurses are all treated like commodities/expendable. The OR is always understaffed.
Rewarding place to work
Playroom Volunteer (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: helping patients, holding babies
Cons: some days were slow
I cleaned toys, books, movies, magazines, etc. I organized the playroom and set up activities for patients to do both inside and outside. I helped participate in sports with patients. I also went to individual patients rooms and talked with them and provided support for them and their families. The hardest part of my job was to talk to older kids who – more... were struggling with their situations. The most enjoyable part of the job was holding babies and comforting them in their rooms and giving the parents and other staff a much needed break. – less
Good culture of teamwork, management not very trustworthy.
Certified Anesthesia Technician. (Former Employee), SeattleDecember 29, 2013
Pros: free healthcare insurance, public transportation access
Cons: parking fees and policies, ambivalents management policies.
Had a great and strong team, very efficient in the work.
However, management decided to eliminate our positions(11 positions).
Alot of high school drama
ED Security Officer (Former Employee), EDDecember 14, 2013
At first the position was great but then quickly turned into a good ol boys club.
Great Organization
Referral Technologist (Current Employee), Seattle, WADecember 10, 2013
I like having the opportunity to assist providers, and knowing we are all trying to help children.
Poor communication skills
Radiologic Technologist Student (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 19, 2013
Techs did not communicate with students in a very professional manner. Must be able to be professional if going to be a teaching facility.
Great workplace
Security Entrance Officer (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 10, 2013
Pros: room to advance and have a career
Seattle Children's was a great place to work. They offer avenues for their employees to follow if they are not comfortable with their current position.
Great employer to work for.
Patient Account Specialist, Follow Up/Home (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 4, 2013
SCH is a wonderful place to work, very professional staff, they value your opinions. Great co-workers.
A great place to learn
Diagnostic Ultrasound Intern (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 27, 2013
Seattle Children's hospital offers a unique educational experience that is hard to beat.
be warned
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 31, 2013
Pros: patient care pretty good
Was working there for longer than any other job I have had and that is including my military service.

Warned supervisors multiple times in advance that I my job needed to be changed as I was going to suffer an injury.

I was blown off and told basically there was no quick fix. I explained there was, and how.

I was hurt of course, and they took my – more... job away. I came back on light duty, and changed the setup on the work station when I came back, to my quick fix.

2 years later I've had surgery and can't find a job. – less
AV department.
AV TELEMED Intern (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 19, 2013
Pros: great team, and great experience.
Cons: temp
Very nice place to work at. I managed schedules, checked out equipment, took inventory on equipment check outs, and even assisted in setting up rooms for events and conferences.
Rewarding experience!
Rehabilitation RN (Former Employee), SeattleJuly 19, 2013
I have not had a better career to date than when I worked at Seattle Children's Hospital. If I did not move to continue my education, I would still be there.
Although I worked on the rehabilitation floor, working with children and families managing brain and spinal cord injuries, watching children improve and adapt to limitations was very rewarding. – more... I especially enjoyed when the families would return to visit after discharge to say hello.
The rehabilitation team made up of medical staff, nurses, and therapists is very strong, cohesive group that works well together to provide optimal care for patients and families. Families acknowledged the teamwork and always appreciated the care provided. – less
Good Healthcare for kids, but not good for employees
Program Asst. (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 3, 2013
Pros: fairly good salary and benefits plan
Cons: personal job satisfaction is a real problem here, and no one seems to be in your corner.
I spent several years working at SCH for different departments. There are too many inept, rude and frankly "unstable" managers at this place.

Try to bring an issue to HR regarding the behavior and unethical practices of a boss and that conversation might end up in your boss's email. HR has really changed from when I was there.

They do care about the – more... health of children, and that is good, but improving employee morale does not seem to be a big priority here, even though this is addressed each year in the Gallup polls they do for job satisfaction. Non-clinical employees generally get the worst treatment. Tread carefully, and know that managers and some administrators are not always on your side. I'd look elsewhere first before considering a position with Children's, unless all you are looking for is a decent salary and benefits plan. Your satisfaction and happiness is not a given in this organization. – less
Patient and Family oriented hospital
Sr. Clinical Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 15, 2013
Pros: supportive of patient safety
Cons: slow development and unnecessarily complex request
The IS Department is challenged by very demanding users of the EHR. However, solutions are often times bogged down in committee after committee meetings that often result in effort and time wasted.
Partner u will work with is abrasive
Purchasing (Former Employee), Seattle,waFebruary 6, 2013
There are 2 purchasing positions. The lady that will train you is very abrasive and rude

PamelaN – June 2, 2013

I LOVE working at Seattle Children's and would hope anyone who happens upon this comment to consider two things: that the source of the comment is a FORMER employee and secondly abrasiveness and rudeness would not be tolerated at Children's because of our policy of ART (accountability, respect and teamwork.) The department where this FORMER employee worked is one of the most positive, fun places I've ever worked. I am starting my 3rd year in the Pharmacy at Seattle Children's (my 5th year at Children's) and my analogy is that it feels like everyone is in a well maintained vessel rowing in the same direction with the destination being helping children! It's great work!

Wonderful place to work
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 28, 2013
This hospital is a great place to work and has great benefits. The only thing is the work/life balance. Seattle is extremely busy and expensive to live there.
ask about mandatory call
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), throughout the hospitalJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: you get to work with children
Cons: you are expected to work harder than is safe for the patients
The HR dept. is underhanded. If you are a Resp. Ther. I would look elsewhere. The hospital is currently taking advantage of the RT's here. There is mandatory call in effect, problems with pay for overtime and contract manipulation by the payroll and HR departments. Be warned

About Seattle Children's Hospital

Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center was a big name for little kids, so they changed it to what everyone already used: – Read more

Seattle Children's Hospital Photos