Seattle Children's Hospital

Seattle Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

management currently in control
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA20 June 2017
management is currently in control, and making poor choices based on short-term goals with no attempt to hold onto good, hard working, and loyal staff.
Pros
excellent benefits
Great organization with a passion to help children
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA16 May 2017
Have enjoyed working here for 2 years. Great organization with many opportunities for advancement. Great transportation benefits with parking and shuttle service.
Pros
Paid transportation
Cons
Cafeteria
Seattle Children Hospital
Program Manager (ConsultNET Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA8 April 2017
You drive your career path and get what you put in. If you want a good work-life balance, you can do that and be successful, or if you want to put in a lot of extra hours, you'll be recognized.
Fun and interesting place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA5 April 2017
I was hired to be the only medical assistant for the Genetics clinics.

Some days I was "in clinic" rooming patients. I worked for multiple
providers but usually just a couple at a time.

Other days I was in "my office" where I did chart prep for approx. 12
providers. This was a challenge but one I enjoyed as long as I was given enough time to do them well.

The hardest part of my job was the days that my supervisor would
"pull" me from my office work to cover another clinic when someone
called in sick. This would put me behind and was very stressful.

I learned so much about human genetics. This was by far the most interesting Medical Assistant job I have ever had.

The best part of my job was working with such wonderful providers.
I felt very valued and respected.

Management did not seem to realize the amount of work I had on my plate. Being taken away from my clinic to cover for others was not
good use of mytime.
Pros
wonderful providers, interesting patients
Cons
large facility with long distances between areas that I worked in.
Great place to work.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA4 April 2017
Work was very interesting, the people were great. Overall it was a very positive environment to work in. I felt like I was making a difference in people's lives. My only issue was that my job title didn't have a lot of room for career growth.
Great benefits and work life balance
Sr. Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA2 February 2017
A great place to work with great benefits and a good work life balance with leadership encouraging a positive work environment.
Wasn't my favorite place
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA21 January 2017
A typical day at work would include outside time with the two year olds, taking a nature walk with them in a wagon, diaper changes, short arts/crafts time, very intricate day sheets. I learned about the 30 hour Basic STARS training while there, but took the course shortly after my employment there. The management seemed easily upset and unfortunately had a hard time helping me through family deaths, including my niece. The hardest part of the job was not being supported through family emergencies and having to pay $100 a month to park there. I also only got paid once a month and only at $11/hour
Pros
full time, paid lunches, only 8 hour days
Cons
paid parking, monthly pay, no support from managers, didn't agree with Monstessori teaching
Exciting because of the things you get to learn!
Clinical and IT Application Devices - JOB SHADOW (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA29 December 2016
As a student in the computer Science field, I wanted to branch myself outside of the classroom and try and learn something that a teacher/class cannot teach to me, and that's actually having hands on experience in a IT field and working with the people by solving real world issues. My job shadow at Seattle Children's Hospital was a whole new experience for me. Having the chance, I got to work with an actual team of IT and Computer Science people by installing software, experiment by installing new hardware and actually collaborate in a group on how to make something work more efficient for all users. The hardest part was hearing everybody speak code, but to be honest, that was also the most enjoyable part. Because I wanted to learn and know everything step by step, the team was more than happy to explain and show me "what did what" and "this is our end result". I always find excitement in new learning material and topics that can help me grow in my desired dream job.
Pros
team building, communication, new challenges, higher opportunities
Cons
currently not hiring...
Purpose creates character
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA24 December 2016
Knowing that your here to help children is the most humbling experience that you have, knowing everyday you go to work to do your best to give life to the next generation and help to build amazing memories for the children of the future.
Excellent Children's Hospital
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA14 December 2016
I enjoy working for Seattle Children's Hospital and feel that I have acquired skills that I will take with me and use throughout the rest of my career. The staff at Children's all dedicated to providing the best care possible to children and families.
Great compay/opportunity
Night Cook, Dish Room, Janitor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA15 November 2016
Great Company to work for. Great environment and management. Pay could be better. Non-profit. Opportunity to move up, and good range of hours.
Productive Work place with downtime
Certified Nursing Assistant (Oncology) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA9 November 2016
As a nurse assistant certified, I took vitals every 4 hours, reported any abnormalities to the nurses, helped patients and families with their activities of daily living. I also helped restock medical supplies. At the end of each shift, report was written and given to the next nurse assistant.
Clicky atmophere for employees
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 October 2016
SCH, horrible location. can take 1 hr to get from Montlake to Hospital if a sports game or any other function is happening. VERY clicky environment with employees. If you dont mesh well with older employees you will be " out".
I suggest another location is you wish to work in Seattle.
Also working at a childrens hospital isnt for everyone. Can be extremely depressing, and many serious childhood illness there which you bring home to your own family. Things people dont realize when they work in the environment
This hospital requirement so many extra curricular classes on site on off hours. VERY inconvenient if you live out of seattle city.
Pros
good hours
Cons
location, environment, acquired illness's and extra work off schedule
Stable Employment
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA24 October 2016
Ready to move on sunnier skies from Seattle rain to Arizona sunshine - work at the hospital is fine but ready to change my environment
A good job with a cause
Food Service Worker I (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA29 September 2016
It is a great place to work. The teamwork is excellent and the job is worthwhile, as we are all doing our part to further the hospital's goal to fight childhood illnesses.
Great team work
Admin Assist III/Family Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 September 2016
Most enjoyable is providing families with great care.

Hardest part about the job Children's provide such great care sometines not having the opening in clinics to provide services and having to say no.
Pros
Great Learning Opportunities
Great co-workers, could use better management
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA5 September 2016
A typical work day is always busy never a dull moment. What I have learned about management in this particular department they do not take ownership for their mistakes. The hardest part of my job, is coming into a situation where there was no proper documentation or support on the job. The most enjoyable part of my jobs is the support of my coworkers.
Good Old Boys Network
Cred Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA17 August 2016
I could write so many negative remarks but I will try to temper my words with some facts. I was hired is the Medical Staff
Services department as a Credentialing Specialist. After only 4 weeks. The Director of Medical Staff Services told me in no uncertain terms. That 'It would be highly unlikely, that I would be successful in the role.'.

Three and a half weeks later I terminated. More over the MSS Director went on and tried to dispute my WA State Unemployment claim. By indicating that I resigned. When in reality the separation from employment was by termination, Moreover, HR was not present at my termination,

I would like to believe overall this is a dedicated and professional organization. However the Medical Staff Services Dept is a joke.
Pros
Orca Card, the Sandwhich shop across the street makes greeat sanwhiches
Cons
Totalitarian & Frightening Leadership
Fun place to work, focus on quality patient care
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WA27 July 2016
Seattle Children's puts their employees through a ton of training, but it is worth it to be able to provide quality patient care.
Productive & Constant Learning
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA15 July 2016
Analyzing data to see track cost initiatives. I learned an extreme amount and will be forever grateful. I learned more about excel, how to think analytically, and management.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.