Seattle Children's Hospital

Seattle Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Clicky atmophere for employees
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 October 2016
SCH, horrible location. can take 1 hr to get from Montlake to Hospital if a sports game or any other function is happening. VERY clicky environment with employees. If you dont mesh well with older employees you will be " out".
I suggest another location is you wish to work in Seattle.
Also working at a childrens hospital isnt for everyone. Can be extremely depressing, and many serious childhood illness there which you bring home to your own family. Things people dont realize when they work in the environment
This hospital requirement so many extra curricular classes on site on off hours. VERY inconvenient if you live out of seattle city.
Pros
good hours
Cons
location, environment, acquired illness's and extra work off schedule
Great co-workers, could use better management
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA5 September 2016
A typical work day is always busy never a dull moment. What I have learned about management in this particular department they do not take ownership for their mistakes. The hardest part of my job, is coming into a situation where there was no proper documentation or support on the job. The most enjoyable part of my jobs is the support of my coworkers.
Productive Work place with downtime
Certified Nursing Assistant (Oncology) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA9 November 2016
As a nurse assistant certified, I took vitals every 4 hours, reported any abnormalities to the nurses, helped patients and families with their activities of daily living. I also helped restock medical supplies. At the end of each shift, report was written and given to the next nurse assistant.
Good Old Boys Network
Cred Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA17 August 2016
I could write so many negative remarks but I will try to temper my words with some facts. I was hired is the Medical Staff
Services department as a Credentialing Specialist. After only 4 weeks. The Director of Medical Staff Services told me in no uncertain terms. That 'It would be highly unlikely, that I would be successful in the role.'.

Three and a half weeks later I terminated. More over the MSS Director went on and tried to dispute my WA State Unemployment claim. By indicating that I resigned. When in reality the separation from employment was by termination, Moreover, HR was not present at my termination,

I would like to believe overall this is a dedicated and professional organization. However the Medical Staff Services Dept is a joke.
Pros
Orca Card, the Sandwhich shop across the street makes greeat sanwhiches
Cons
Totalitarian & Frightening Leadership
Excellent place to work
IS analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA13 July 2016
I work in the IT department and have seen major improvements over the last year which is very refreshing. Finally we are not only making progress, but the future work we are planning is exciting and inspiring. Impressive new leadership within IT over the last year!
Pros
Amazing co workers and great new leadership
Cons
Lots of work, but expected in an organization that continues to grow and thrive
Great team work
Admin Assist III/Family Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 September 2016
Most enjoyable is providing families with great care.

Hardest part about the job Children's provide such great care sometines not having the opening in clinics to provide services and having to say no.
Pros
Great Learning Opportunities
A good job with a cause
Food Service Worker I (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA29 September 2016
It is a great place to work. The teamwork is excellent and the job is worthwhile, as we are all doing our part to further the hospital's goal to fight childhood illnesses.
Productive & Constant Learning
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA15 July 2016
Analyzing data to see track cost initiatives. I learned an extreme amount and will be forever grateful. I learned more about excel, how to think analytically, and management.
Pros
Great benefits
Stable Employment
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA24 October 2016
Ready to move on sunnier skies from Seattle rain to Arizona sunshine - work at the hospital is fine but ready to change my environment
Fun place to work, focus on quality patient care
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WA27 July 2016
Seattle Children's puts their employees through a ton of training, but it is worth it to be able to provide quality patient care.
Excellence + Compassionate Professionals
Program Coordinator + Project Manager PT (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA7 March 2016
wonderful place to work where value/benefits are seen and felt every single day; amazing organization and people and I would highly recommend this employer to anyone interested in healthcare, administrative work, kids/families.
Nice environment
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA18 April 2016
Like the work area a lot
Every window has a view
Very nice work environment
people are friendly
Cafeiteria is the most awesome part

Some employees, mostly technicians are very against Lean
Provided foundation to my nursing career
General and Thoracic Surgery, ARNP (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA25 February 2016
An institution that upholds a work environment of accountability, respect and teamwork. Safety is number one and it's staff strive to give excellent care to patient and families.
Pros
Staff is very friendly
Cons
busy institution
A wonderful place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA30 January 2016
People don't generally end up working at a children's hospital by accident, they are there on purpose. Now, the reasons may vary, but the mission, the goal is shared. There are few places I could so wholeheartedly endorse as Seattle Children's. Work there, you won't regret it.
great place to work
Enviormental services (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA3 February 2016
going to work can be a hassle because of how many sick children you see. But once you look pass the sickness and develop a relationship and bond with that child and their family it then becomes more then just a job! it becomes a life changing moment.
N/A
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA15 September 2015
A typical day of work consisted to taking care of 3-4 patients and educating their families. I learned various technical nursing skills including inserting and managing gastric tubes, IV lines, medication administration. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the emotions that came with sick and dying children and grieving families. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of children recovering from illness and seeing them discharge home healthy.
Organization with great mission and vision
Finance Controller (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA16 September 2015
Productive and fun place to work. Fast pace and provides lots of challenges and opportunities for lean work. Company treats employees very well and with great benefit package.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Traffic around the area is something to deal with all the time
learning
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA21 May 2015
I cashier clean stock, help customers I learned a lot about every shift and what to do my coworkers are quiet at first them ok when i got to know them. I deal with customers who are not having a good day because child in hospital they are sad or upset at prices in food and drinks. I enjoy most about my job is that i get the child to smile and that makes the parents smile and me smile even more.
Pros
good pay and benefits seeing children smile all the time
Cons
not enough hours for per diems and hours are cut short
Great Hospital for children
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA12 August 2015
My typical day at worked included being the Administrative assistant to our department leadership.
I've learned that the company lacks diversity and any type of education on diversity.
Pros
Orca card and medical benifits
Cons
Lack of diversity
Love working with children
Director (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA9 April 2015
As much as I love working at this facility there comes a time when one should branch out and learn new techniques along with different views of the health care world. I've already expanded upon that by getting my master's in health care informatics predominantly in research.
Typical day at work stems from getting my assignment for the day, check physician orders, find out when medications where given last, and communicate with the remaining teams for the rest of the. I also help with educating not only staff around me, but that of any student that comes in for their clinical rotation.
Pros
Working with the diverse medical staff
Cons
driving in for over an hour in traffic