Seattle Children's Hospital

Seattle Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Amazing care
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA26 July 2017
I was proud to work at such a leading edge hospital. Their commitment to children was unwavering. That said, this was the mosts challenging work and job I've ever had. So fast paced/ demanding! Such critical work and so little time/ support. Exhausting.
Seattle Children's
Patient Care Coordinator, Dental Medicine (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA17 July 2017
Working at Seattle Children's was most rewarding being a part of a team that made such difference in peoples lives was awesome. Seeing the changes that came about from the treatments received where to say the lease heart warming.
Pros
seeing lives changed
Cons
moving in a different direction
Great place to work!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA9 July 2017
Seattle Children's Hospital is the best place I've ever worked! I say this because I'm challenged each day, motivated to do my best and feel supported by my management team. It's a joy coming to work each day!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Location/Parking
Productive yet demanding work place
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 9810524 June 2017
- A typical day would consist of checking emails, Leadership schedules, rearranging them if necessary, work on any projects that are coming up as do.

- How to manage multiple leadership team and my own schedule.

- Work place culture is a good atmosphere.

- I enjoyed working with the staff and helping the customers.
management currently in control
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA20 June 2017
management is currently in control, and making poor choices based on short-term goals with no attempt to hold onto good, hard working, and loyal staff.
Pros
excellent benefits
Great organization with a passion to help children
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA16 May 2017
Have enjoyed working here for 2 years. Great organization with many opportunities for advancement. Great transportation benefits with parking and shuttle service.
Pros
Paid transportation
Cons
Cafeteria
Seattle Children Hospital
Program Manager (ConsultNET Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA8 April 2017
You drive your career path and get what you put in. If you want a good work-life balance, you can do that and be successful, or if you want to put in a lot of extra hours, you'll be recognized.
Fun and interesting place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA5 April 2017
I was hired to be the only medical assistant for the Genetics clinics.

Some days I was "in clinic" rooming patients. I worked for multiple
providers but usually just a couple at a time.

Other days I was in "my office" where I did chart prep for approx. 12
providers. This was a challenge but one I enjoyed as long as I was given enough time to do them well.

The hardest part of my job was the days that my supervisor would
"pull" me from my office work to cover another clinic when someone
called in sick. This would put me behind and was very stressful.

I learned so much about human genetics. This was by far the most interesting Medical Assistant job I have ever had.

The best part of my job was working with such wonderful providers.
I felt very valued and respected.

Management did not seem to realize the amount of work I had on my plate. Being taken away from my clinic to cover for others was not
good use of mytime.
Pros
wonderful providers, interesting patients
Cons
large facility with long distances between areas that I worked in.
Great place to work.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA4 April 2017
Work was very interesting, the people were great. Overall it was a very positive environment to work in. I felt like I was making a difference in people's lives. My only issue was that my job title didn't have a lot of room for career growth.
Great benefits and work life balance
Sr. Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA2 February 2017
A great place to work with great benefits and a good work life balance with leadership encouraging a positive work environment.
Wasn't my favorite place
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA21 January 2017
A typical day at work would include outside time with the two year olds, taking a nature walk with them in a wagon, diaper changes, short arts/crafts time, very intricate day sheets. I learned about the 30 hour Basic STARS training while there, but took the course shortly after my employment there. The management seemed easily upset and unfortunately had a hard time helping me through family deaths, including my niece. The hardest part of the job was not being supported through family emergencies and having to pay $100 a month to park there. I also only got paid once a month and only at $11/hour
Pros
full time, paid lunches, only 8 hour days
Cons
paid parking, monthly pay, no support from managers, didn't agree with Monstessori teaching
Exciting because of the things you get to learn!
Clinical and IT Application Devices - JOB SHADOW (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA29 December 2016
As a student in the computer Science field, I wanted to branch myself outside of the classroom and try and learn something that a teacher/class cannot teach to me, and that's actually having hands on experience in a IT field and working with the people by solving real world issues. My job shadow at Seattle Children's Hospital was a whole new experience for me. Having the chance, I got to work with an actual team of IT and Computer Science people by installing software, experiment by installing new hardware and actually collaborate in a group on how to make something work more efficient for all users. The hardest part was hearing everybody speak code, but to be honest, that was also the most enjoyable part. Because I wanted to learn and know everything step by step, the team was more than happy to explain and show me "what did what" and "this is our end result". I always find excitement in new learning material and topics that can help me grow in my desired dream job.
Pros
team building, communication, new challenges, higher opportunities
Cons
currently not hiring...
Purpose creates character
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA24 December 2016
Knowing that your here to help children is the most humbling experience that you have, knowing everyday you go to work to do your best to give life to the next generation and help to build amazing memories for the children of the future.
Excellent Children's Hospital
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA14 December 2016
I enjoy working for Seattle Children's Hospital and feel that I have acquired skills that I will take with me and use throughout the rest of my career. The staff at Children's all dedicated to providing the best care possible to children and families.
Great compay/opportunity
Night Cook, Dish Room, Janitor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA15 November 2016
Great Company to work for. Great environment and management. Pay could be better. Non-profit. Opportunity to move up, and good range of hours.
Productive Work place with downtime
Certified Nursing Assistant (Oncology) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA9 November 2016
As a nurse assistant certified, I took vitals every 4 hours, reported any abnormalities to the nurses, helped patients and families with their activities of daily living. I also helped restock medical supplies. At the end of each shift, report was written and given to the next nurse assistant.
Clicky atmophere for employees
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 October 2016
SCH, horrible location. can take 1 hr to get from Montlake to Hospital if a sports game or any other function is happening. VERY clicky environment with employees. If you dont mesh well with older employees you will be " out".
I suggest another location is you wish to work in Seattle.
Also working at a childrens hospital isnt for everyone. Can be extremely depressing, and many serious childhood illness there which you bring home to your own family. Things people dont realize when they work in the environment
This hospital requirement so many extra curricular classes on site on off hours. VERY inconvenient if you live out of seattle city.
Pros
good hours
Cons
location, environment, acquired illness's and extra work off schedule
Stable Employment
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA24 October 2016
Ready to move on sunnier skies from Seattle rain to Arizona sunshine - work at the hospital is fine but ready to change my environment
A good job with a cause
Food Service Worker I (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA29 September 2016
It is a great place to work. The teamwork is excellent and the job is worthwhile, as we are all doing our part to further the hospital's goal to fight childhood illnesses.
Great team work
Admin Assist III/Family Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 September 2016
Most enjoyable is providing families with great care.

Hardest part about the job Children's provide such great care sometines not having the opening in clinics to provide services and having to say no.
Pros
Great Learning Opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.