Seattle Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

You're doing good work. The right work.
Continuous Improvement Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA30 September 2017
Good people, great mission. Pay is a bit low for living and owning a home in the city. Advancement opportunities not clear. You need to be a self starter. At the same time phenomenal work life balance means it works in my life.
Pros
People
Cons
Parking situation, pay, clear path for advancement.
Paid more elsewhere.
Pediatric RN (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA30 September 2017
Seattle Children's salaries are not competitive. The organization tries to make up for it with benefits. But, the benefits they advertise are not available to everyone. Several people in my unit applied for tuition assistance, but were denied even though they met all eligibility criteria. Apparently, only a small number of people who apply for tuition assistance actually receive it.
Good Culture
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA13 September 2017
Nice place to work. Good culture, fair management, nice people. The work day was relaxed and slow paced. The hardest part of the job is leaving. My position was cut due to budget cuts.
Great Place to have a Career
RN Medical Unit (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA11 September 2017
This children's hospital is among the best for many reasons. The work environment is very team-oriented and respectable. the are many areas to advance one's career to and lots of research projects always going on to help advance medicine/nursing.
Pros
Benefits, Encouragement of Work/Life/Balance, Unionized Nurses
Cons
Pay could be better for cost of living
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician I (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA10 September 2017
Helpful Friendly supportive staff.
I didn't really intend on taking this survey nor did I give consent, so I will just leave it at that and say it was a great place to work.
Great work life balance and great benefits
Family Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA7 September 2017
In the call center, supervisors are very helpful and encouraging of learning more rather than a cut throat place. Seattle Childrens strives to be an error free establishment and encourages a positive work culture from all kinds of people around the world.
Seattle Children's Hospital
Access Lead (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA5 September 2017
The role I was in had a lot of turn over. It was a stressful position that led to burnout. Management didn't do much to handle the burnout. Difficult to leave the position for a better role within the hospital. The hospital provides excellent benefits.
Benefits
Cons
short lunch breaks, not much room for promotion
Great Place to work
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA31 August 2017
I enjoyed working at Seattle Childrens, Its a place that you will never forget. From the other employees to the management crew. The hospital really cares about there employees. Again its a great place to find your next career.
Benefits
Cons
breaks not long enough
Vice President, International Medical Services (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA26 July 2017
Great place to work.

Created Seattle Children's Hospital International Medical Service Program. Responsible for all international medical services, global business development and physician exchange programs with international hospitals and medical universities worldwide. Designed and developed global patient and physician referral network with hospitals in China, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE and many other countries. Established patient referral relationships with embassies of the gulf countries in Washington DC. Managed international physician observation programs.
Pros
One of the best Children's hospital in the country
Amazing care
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA26 July 2017
I was proud to work at such a leading edge hospital. Their commitment to children was unwavering. That said, this was the mosts challenging work and job I've ever had. So fast paced/ demanding! Such critical work and so little time/ support. Exhausting.
Seattle Children's
Patient Care Coordinator, Dental Medicine (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA17 July 2017
Working at Seattle Children's was most rewarding being a part of a team that made such difference in peoples lives was awesome. Seeing the changes that came about from the treatments received where to say the lease heart warming.
Pros
seeing lives changed
Cons
moving in a different direction
Great place to work!
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA9 July 2017
Seattle Children's Hospital is the best place I've ever worked! I say this because I'm challenged each day, motivated to do my best and feel supported by my management team. It's a joy coming to work each day!
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Location/Parking
Productive yet demanding work place
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 9810524 June 2017
- A typical day would consist of checking emails, Leadership schedules, rearranging them if necessary, work on any projects that are coming up as do.

- How to manage multiple leadership team and my own schedule.

- Work place culture is a good atmosphere.

- I enjoyed working with the staff and helping the customers.
management currently in control
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WA20 June 2017
management is currently in control, and making poor choices based on short-term goals with no attempt to hold onto good, hard working, and loyal staff.
Pros
excellent benefits
Great organization with a passion to help children
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA16 May 2017
Have enjoyed working here for 2 years. Great organization with many opportunities for advancement. Great transportation benefits with parking and shuttle service.
Pros
Paid transportation
Cons
Cafeteria
Seattle Children Hospital
Program Manager (ConsultNET Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA8 April 2017
You drive your career path and get what you put in. If you want a good work-life balance, you can do that and be successful, or if you want to put in a lot of extra hours, you'll be recognized.
Fun and interesting place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA5 April 2017
I was hired to be the only medical assistant for the Genetics clinics.

Some days I was "in clinic" rooming patients. I worked for multiple
providers but usually just a couple at a time.

Other days I was in "my office" where I did chart prep for approx. 12
providers. This was a challenge but one I enjoyed as long as I was given enough time to do them well.

The hardest part of my job was the days that my supervisor would
"pull" me from my office work to cover another clinic when someone
called in sick. This would put me behind and was very stressful.

I learned so much about human genetics. This was by far the most interesting Medical Assistant job I have ever had.

The best part of my job was working with such wonderful providers.
I felt very valued and respected.

Management did not seem to realize the amount of work I had on my plate. Being taken away from my clinic to cover for others was not
good use of mytime.
Pros
wonderful providers, interesting patients
Cons
large facility with long distances between areas that I worked in.
Great place to work.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA4 April 2017
Work was very interesting, the people were great. Overall it was a very positive environment to work in. I felt like I was making a difference in people's lives. My only issue was that my job title didn't have a lot of room for career growth.
Great benefits and work life balance
Sr. Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA2 February 2017
A great place to work with great benefits and a good work life balance with leadership encouraging a positive work environment.
Wasn't my favorite place
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA21 January 2017
A typical day at work would include outside time with the two year olds, taking a nature walk with them in a wagon, diaper changes, short arts/crafts time, very intricate day sheets. I learned about the 30 hour Basic STARS training while there, but took the course shortly after my employment there. The management seemed easily upset and unfortunately had a hard time helping me through family deaths, including my niece. The hardest part of the job was not being supported through family emergencies and having to pay $100 a month to park there. I also only got paid once a month and only at $11/hour
Pros
full time, paid lunches, only 8 hour days
Cons
paid parking, monthly pay, no support from managers, didn't agree with Monstessori teaching

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seattle Children's Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.