Seattle Children's Hospital

Seattle Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellence + Compassionate Professionals
Program Coordinator + Project Manager PT (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 7, 2016
wonderful place to work where value/benefits are seen and felt every single day; amazing organization and people and I would highly recommend this employer to anyone interested in healthcare, administrative work, kids/families.
Good Old Boys Network
Cred Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 17, 2016
I could write so many negative remarks but I will try to temper my words with some facts. I was hired is the Medical Staff
Services department as a Credentialing Specialist. After only 4 weeks. The Director of Medical Staff Services told me in no uncertain terms. That 'It would be highly unlikely, that I would be successful in the role.'.

Three and a half weeks later I terminated. More over the MSS Director went on and tried to dispute my WA State Unemployment claim. By indicating that I resigned. When in reality the separation from employment was by termination, Moreover, HR was not present at my termination,

I would like to believe overall this is a dedicated and professional organization. However the Medical Staff Services Dept is a joke.
Pros
Orca Card, the Sandwhich shop across the street makes greeat sanwhiches
Cons
Totalitarian & Frightening Leadership
Excellent place to work
IS analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2016
I work in the IT department and have seen major improvements over the last year which is very refreshing. Finally we are not only making progress, but the future work we are planning is exciting and inspiring. Impressive new leadership within IT over the last year!
Pros
Amazing co workers and great new leadership
Cons
Lots of work, but expected in an organization that continues to grow and thrive
Great Hospital for children
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 12, 2015
My typical day at worked included being the Administrative assistant to our department leadership.
I've learned that the company lacks diversity and any type of education on diversity.
Pros
Orca card and medical benifits
Cons
Lack of diversity
learning
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 21, 2015
I cashier clean stock, help customers I learned a lot about every shift and what to do my coworkers are quiet at first them ok when i got to know them. I deal with customers who are not having a good day because child in hospital they are sad or upset at prices in food and drinks. I enjoy most about my job is that i get the child to smile and that makes the parents smile and me smile even more.
Pros
good pay and benefits seeing children smile all the time
Cons
not enough hours for per diems and hours are cut short
Productive & Constant Learning
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 15, 2016
Analyzing data to see track cost initiatives. I learned an extreme amount and will be forever grateful. I learned more about excel, how to think analytically, and management.
Pros
Great benefits
Nice environment
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 18, 2016
Like the work area a lot
Every window has a view
Very nice work environment
people are friendly
Cafeiteria is the most awesome part

Some employees, mostly technicians are very against Lean
Provided foundation to my nursing career
General and Thoracic Surgery, ARNP (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 25, 2016
An institution that upholds a work environment of accountability, respect and teamwork. Safety is number one and it's staff strive to give excellent care to patient and families.
Pros
Staff is very friendly
Cons
busy institution
Not much room for advancement
Service Desk Support Tech-Sr (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 18, 2015
The job in large is not bad. The work is fairly strait forward as long as you have some tech skills. The one major drawback is the lack of room for advancement do to the fact that it is almost impossible to get fired.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Stagnation
A wonderful place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 30, 2016
People don't generally end up working at a children's hospital by accident, they are there on purpose. Now, the reasons may vary, but the mission, the goal is shared. There are few places I could so wholeheartedly endorse as Seattle Children's. Work there, you won't regret it.
great place to work
Enviormental services (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 3, 2016
going to work can be a hassle because of how many sick children you see. But once you look pass the sickness and develop a relationship and bond with that child and their family it then becomes more then just a job! it becomes a life changing moment.
Good Healthcare for kids, but not good for employees
Program Asst. (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 3, 2013
I spent several years working at SCH for different departments. There are too many inept, rude and frankly "unstable" managers at this place.

Try to bring an issue to HR regarding the behavior and unethical practices of a boss and that conversation might end up in your boss's email. HR has really changed from when I was there.

They do care about the health of children, and that is good, but improving employee morale does not seem to be a big priority here, even though this is addressed each year in the Gallup polls they do for job satisfaction. Non-clinical employees generally get the worst treatment. Tread carefully, and know that managers and some administrators are not always on your side. I'd look elsewhere first before considering a position with Children's, unless all you are looking for is a decent salary and benefits plan. Your satisfaction and happiness is not a given in this organization.
Pros
fairly good salary and benefits plan
Cons
personal job satisfaction is a real problem here, and no one seems to be in your corner.
Everyone is friendly and diversity of culture. Excellent manager & supervisors as well as team members
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 1, 2015
Excellent manager & supervisor including team members
Everyone is friendly & diversity of culture
Fun place to work & stability
Excellent benefits
N/A
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 15, 2015
A typical day of work consisted to taking care of 3-4 patients and educating their families. I learned various technical nursing skills including inserting and managing gastric tubes, IV lines, medication administration. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the emotions that came with sick and dying children and grieving families. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of children recovering from illness and seeing them discharge home healthy.
Wonderful place to work
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 28, 2013
This hospital is a great place to work and has great benefits. The only thing is the work/life balance. Seattle is extremely busy and expensive to live there.
Organization with great mission and vision
Finance Controller (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 16, 2015
Productive and fun place to work. Fast pace and provides lots of challenges and opportunities for lean work. Company treats employees very well and with great benefit package.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Traffic around the area is something to deal with all the time
Amazing company!
Radiology coder (Current Employee) –  SeattleOctober 18, 2012
Children's Hospital is an amazing company that truly cares about the community and it's employees.
Pros
great benefits.
Love working with children
Director (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 9, 2015
As much as I love working at this facility there comes a time when one should branch out and learn new techniques along with different views of the health care world. I've already expanded upon that by getting my master's in health care informatics predominantly in research.
Typical day at work stems from getting my assignment for the day, check physician orders, find out when medications where given last, and communicate with the remaining teams for the rest of the. I also help with educating not only staff around me, but that of any student that comes in for their clinical rotation.
Pros
Working with the diverse medical staff
Cons
driving in for over an hour in traffic
Co-workers were very engaging and supportive and it was a great place to work for.
IT Desktop Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle WAFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be doing the daily task that consisted of 17 things, for example testing monitors, hot swap machines, check the printer to see if it had paper/toner etc. Attend a stand up meeting for about 10 to 15 minutes. After the meeting I would go to my desk and log on to my computer check to see how many tickets I have then start working on them. If no ticket I would click on the unassigned tickets then I would assign them to my queue. During the program I learned about the ticketing system/troubleshooting skills and great customer service skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to go anywhere and assist customers. I went to the surgery rooms and pharmacy where I had to either swap a monitor or troubleshoot a downtime machine.
Top notch place
Echo Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 13, 2015
Best in the area! Looks of great support in terms of access to professional growth. Also, seems to be continually growing and adapting to the growth in the region.