Seattle Children's Hospital

Seattle Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Wasn't my favorite place
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA21 January 2017
A typical day at work would include outside time with the two year olds, taking a nature walk with them in a wagon, diaper changes, short arts/crafts time, very intricate day sheets. I learned about the 30 hour Basic STARS training while there, but took the course shortly after my employment there. The management seemed easily upset and unfortunately had a hard time helping me through family deaths, including my niece. The hardest part of the job was not being supported through family emergencies and having to pay $100 a month to park there. I also only got paid once a month and only at $11/hour
Pros
full time, paid lunches, only 8 hour days
Cons
paid parking, monthly pay, no support from managers, didn't agree with Monstessori teaching
Exciting because of the things you get to learn!
Clinical and IT Application Devices - JOB SHADOW (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA29 December 2016
As a student in the computer Science field, I wanted to branch myself outside of the classroom and try and learn something that a teacher/class cannot teach to me, and that's actually having hands on experience in a IT field and working with the people by solving real world issues. My job shadow at Seattle Children's Hospital was a whole new experience for me. Having the chance, I got to work with an actual team of IT and Computer Science people by installing software, experiment by installing new hardware and actually collaborate in a group on how to make something work more efficient for all users. The hardest part was hearing everybody speak code, but to be honest, that was also the most enjoyable part. Because I wanted to learn and know everything step by step, the team was more than happy to explain and show me "what did what" and "this is our end result". I always find excitement in new learning material and topics that can help me grow in my desired dream job.
Pros
team building, communication, new challenges, higher opportunities
Cons
currently not hiring...
Purpose creates character
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA24 December 2016
Knowing that your here to help children is the most humbling experience that you have, knowing everyday you go to work to do your best to give life to the next generation and help to build amazing memories for the children of the future.
Excellent Children's Hospital
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA14 December 2016
I enjoy working for Seattle Children's Hospital and feel that I have acquired skills that I will take with me and use throughout the rest of my career. The staff at Children's all dedicated to providing the best care possible to children and families.
Great compay/opportunity
Night Cook, Dish Room, Janitor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA15 November 2016
Great Company to work for. Great environment and management. Pay could be better. Non-profit. Opportunity to move up, and good range of hours.
Productive Work place with downtime
Certified Nursing Assistant (Oncology) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA9 November 2016
As a nurse assistant certified, I took vitals every 4 hours, reported any abnormalities to the nurses, helped patients and families with their activities of daily living. I also helped restock medical supplies. At the end of each shift, report was written and given to the next nurse assistant.
Clicky atmophere for employees
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 October 2016
SCH, horrible location. can take 1 hr to get from Montlake to Hospital if a sports game or any other function is happening. VERY clicky environment with employees. If you dont mesh well with older employees you will be " out".
I suggest another location is you wish to work in Seattle.
Also working at a childrens hospital isnt for everyone. Can be extremely depressing, and many serious childhood illness there which you bring home to your own family. Things people dont realize when they work in the environment
This hospital requirement so many extra curricular classes on site on off hours. VERY inconvenient if you live out of seattle city.
Pros
good hours
Cons
location, environment, acquired illness's and extra work off schedule
Stable Employment
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA24 October 2016
Ready to move on sunnier skies from Seattle rain to Arizona sunshine - work at the hospital is fine but ready to change my environment
A good job with a cause
Food Service Worker I (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA29 September 2016
It is a great place to work. The teamwork is excellent and the job is worthwhile, as we are all doing our part to further the hospital's goal to fight childhood illnesses.
Great team work
Admin Assist III/Family Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 September 2016
Most enjoyable is providing families with great care.

Hardest part about the job Children's provide such great care sometines not having the opening in clinics to provide services and having to say no.
Pros
Great Learning Opportunities
Great co-workers, could use better management
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA5 September 2016
A typical work day is always busy never a dull moment. What I have learned about management in this particular department they do not take ownership for their mistakes. The hardest part of my job, is coming into a situation where there was no proper documentation or support on the job. The most enjoyable part of my jobs is the support of my coworkers.
Good Old Boys Network
Cred Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA17 August 2016
I could write so many negative remarks but I will try to temper my words with some facts. I was hired is the Medical Staff
Services department as a Credentialing Specialist. After only 4 weeks. The Director of Medical Staff Services told me in no uncertain terms. That 'It would be highly unlikely, that I would be successful in the role.'.

Three and a half weeks later I terminated. More over the MSS Director went on and tried to dispute my WA State Unemployment claim. By indicating that I resigned. When in reality the separation from employment was by termination, Moreover, HR was not present at my termination,

I would like to believe overall this is a dedicated and professional organization. However the Medical Staff Services Dept is a joke.
Pros
Orca Card, the Sandwhich shop across the street makes greeat sanwhiches
Cons
Totalitarian & Frightening Leadership
Fun place to work, focus on quality patient care
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WA27 July 2016
Seattle Children's puts their employees through a ton of training, but it is worth it to be able to provide quality patient care.
Productive & Constant Learning
Strategic Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA15 July 2016
Analyzing data to see track cost initiatives. I learned an extreme amount and will be forever grateful. I learned more about excel, how to think analytically, and management.
Pros
Great benefits
Excellent place to work
IS analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA13 July 2016
I work in the IT department and have seen major improvements over the last year which is very refreshing. Finally we are not only making progress, but the future work we are planning is exciting and inspiring. Impressive new leadership within IT over the last year!
Pros
Amazing co workers and great new leadership
Cons
Lots of work, but expected in an organization that continues to grow and thrive
Nice environment
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA18 April 2016
Like the work area a lot
Every window has a view
Very nice work environment
people are friendly
Cafeiteria is the most awesome part

Some employees, mostly technicians are very against Lean
Excellence + Compassionate Professionals
Program Coordinator + Project Manager PT (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA7 March 2016
wonderful place to work where value/benefits are seen and felt every single day; amazing organization and people and I would highly recommend this employer to anyone interested in healthcare, administrative work, kids/families.
Provided foundation to my nursing career
General and Thoracic Surgery, ARNP (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA25 February 2016
An institution that upholds a work environment of accountability, respect and teamwork. Safety is number one and it's staff strive to give excellent care to patient and families.
Pros
Staff is very friendly
Cons
busy institution
great place to work
Enviormental services (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA3 February 2016
going to work can be a hassle because of how many sick children you see. But once you look pass the sickness and develop a relationship and bond with that child and their family it then becomes more then just a job! it becomes a life changing moment.
A wonderful place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA30 January 2016
People don't generally end up working at a children's hospital by accident, they are there on purpose. Now, the reasons may vary, but the mission, the goal is shared. There are few places I could so wholeheartedly endorse as Seattle Children's. Work there, you won't regret it.