Seattle Children's Hospital

Seattle Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Hospital for children
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Orca card and medical benifits
Cons: Lack of diversity
My typical day at worked included being the Administrative assistant to our department leadership.
I've learned that the company lacks diversity and any type of education on diversity.
learning
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 21, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits seeing children smile all the time
Cons: not enough hours for per diems and hours are cut short
I cashier clean stock, help customers I learned a lot about every shift and what to do my coworkers are quiet at first them ok when i got to know them. I deal with customers who are not having a good day because child in hospital they are sad or upset at prices in food and drinks. I enjoy most about my job is that i get the child to smile and that makes the parents smile and me smile even more.
opportunity for growth
Unit Secretary and Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 7, 2015
The people who work for Children's Hospital is what really made the difference for me. My co-workers and others in different departments were like a 2nd family to me.
Great experience!
Love working with children
Director (Current Employee), Seattle, WAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Working with the diverse medical staff
Cons: driving in for over an hour in traffic
As much as I love working at this facility there comes a time when one should branch out and learn new techniques along with different views of the health care world. I've already expanded upon that by getting my master's in health care informatics predominantly in research.
Typical day at work stems from getting my assignment for the day, check physician orders, find out when medications where given last, and communicate with the remaining teams for the rest of the. I also help with educating not only staff around me, but that of any student that comes in for their clinical rotation.
Not much room for advancement
Service Desk Support Tech-Sr (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Stagnation
The job in large is not bad. The work is fairly strait forward as long as you have some tech skills. The one major drawback is the lack of room for advancement do to the fact that it is almost impossible to get fired.
Teamwork is amazing!
PICU Registered Nurse- Travel RN (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 16, 2015
It has been a wonderful place to work with an amazing team dynamic. I am currently a travel nurse here and it is the best environment that I have encountered thus far in my travels!
Co-workers were very engaging and supportive and it was a great place to work for.
IT Desktop Support Intern (Former Employee), Seattle WAFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be doing the daily task that consisted of 17 things, for example testing monitors, hot swap machines, check the printer to see if it had paper/toner etc. Attend a stand up meeting for about 10 to 15 minutes. After the meeting I would go to my desk and log on to my computer check to see how many tickets I have then start working on them. If no ticket I would click on the unassigned tickets then I would assign them to my queue. During the program I learned about the ticketing system/troubleshooting skills and great customer service skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to go anywhere and assist customers. I went to the surgery rooms and pharmacy where I had to either swap a monitor or troubleshoot a downtime machine.
Everyone is friendly and diversity of culture. Excellent manager & supervisors as well as team members
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 1, 2015
Excellent manager & supervisor including team members
Everyone is friendly & diversity of culture
Fun place to work & stability
Excellent benefits
Seattle Childrens
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Seattle WAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: helping families
One of the best places I have ever worked for. Highly organized with the main goal of patient safety.
Tremendous dedication to team atmosphere
Clinical Informatics Lead/ Sr Applications Analyst (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJanuary 26, 2015
Daily collaboration among teams both intradepartmentally and with external departments of IT services.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAOctober 20, 2014
Children's is a great place to work. I learned a lot about disaster recovery and change management process.
meh
Pediatric Mental Health Specialist I (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 31, 2014
decent place to work. Inner department politics become to much and it is hard to be noticed for good work done and easy be made an example of for any mistakes.
Productive and fun environment at the work place
Volunteer as Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: free bus pass, bonus if ride the bus or walk to work
Cons: short breaks. not enough full times jobs
As a shuttle Driver a typical day at work will be get to work on time get my work place ready and check that everything is an order and nothing missing that I might need once I head the road. I learned that been actively involved and aware of my surroundings can greatly impact a day of work. if I use all the techniques and experienced that I had acquired at work I can assure a safe day and feel good about it. Having a safe day at work is always a priority for Seattle Children's Hospital and for myself as well. My co-workers are always there for me. They are very helpful and friendly. the hardest part of the job is traffic in rush hour; it is very difficult to keep up with the route schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I feel great doing my job, I might not be working directly with patients but I am also helping to get kids better and that is very rewarding.
Great Team Players
Outreach Education Events Coordinator (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 24, 2014
I am very proud to work for Seattle Children's. The people are so passionate about what they do that a create's an amazing working cultures. There is a lot of opportunity for an individual to take advantage through on line courses the offer for personal growth as well as for your professional growth. I would recommend Seattle Children's Hospital who wanted to work for a place that believes in Team Dynamics and respect for their employees.
Seattle Childresns
Family Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 17, 2014
If you are searching a career that is meaningful and work, life, balance is a priority than Seattle Children's is the place to work
Patient Care driven medical professional with focus on Organizational Emergency Preparedness, Disaster Management, and Medical Error Prevention.
Nursing Supervisor, Emergency Department (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 18, 2014
Pros: ability to work 4 days a week
Cons: late evening hours
When I began nursing school, I always dreamed of working for Seattle Children's Hospital and I have had the honor of working there for over 14 years. I have loved seeing the Emergency Department grow and change with our patient need, but have recognized my desires to continue to grow myself professionally and see what other organizations can teach me.
I have the privilege to work in a job where I only have to work 3-4 days a week, but unfortunately the hardest part of my job is flipping myself from evening shift to day shift. In addition, working primarily evening shift, i have had limited contact with other departments. My biggest accomplishments working at SCH is that over the last few years, I have had the opportunity to develop our computer downtime process. I have helped develop a standardized process that all staff know what to do and have easy to follow jobaides to guide their work. I have lead our ED team to create an Emergency Preparedness plan and have lead quarterly drills in the department. Seeing our staff become more comfortable with these things, gives me a sense of joy and accomplishment.
One of the best Pediatrics Facility and Research Center in the US
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 14, 2014
Learned very valuable skills as a Medical Assistant. Also, improved my critical thinking abilities.
Fun place to work
Physician Liaison (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 1, 2014
Childrens has a great mission and they pride themselves on it. I enjoyed my time working here and highly recommend this Hospital to other people looking for employment.
Productive and an Excellent place to work.
Audio/Visual Intern (Former Employee), Seattle, WAApril 11, 2014
Pros: starbucks, great people, diversity.
Cons: short breaks
Get their and start evaluating emails and answering phone calls. I learned that they connect and have meeting through TV and it makes communication much easier. The management was great he was a great boss. If you had a question he was always opened to help out. My co-workers were awesome they were very commemorative each other. The hardest part of the job was not being able to solve the incident on my own. The most enjoyable was being able to see the kids smile when they are healthy and not in pain anymore.
Productive and Fun
Admission Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 31, 2014
Great place to work if you love athletics and health. I loved being around such a healthy environment, they have a great business model! and there was a lot to learn from this job.

1 2 3

About Seattle Children's Hospital

Children's Hospital and Regional Medical Center was a big name for little kids, so they changed it to what everyone already used: – Read more

Seattle Children's Hospital Photos

Pictures when I was painting the exterior