Seattle Children's Hospital

Seattle Children's Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellence + Compassionate Professionals
Program Coordinator + Project Manager PT (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 7, 2016
wonderful place to work where value/benefits are seen and felt every single day; amazing organization and people and I would highly recommend this employer to anyone interested in healthcare, administrative work, kids/families.
Provided foundation to my nursing career
General and Thoracic Surgery, ARNP (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 25, 2016
An institution that upholds a work environment of accountability, respect and teamwork. Safety is number one and it's staff strive to give excellent care to patient and families.
Pros
Staff is very friendly
Cons
busy institution
great place to work
Enviormental services (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 3, 2016
going to work can be a hassle because of how many sick children you see. But once you look pass the sickness and develop a relationship and bond with that child and their family it then becomes more then just a job! it becomes a life changing moment.
A wonderful place to work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 30, 2016
People don't generally end up working at a children's hospital by accident, they are there on purpose. Now, the reasons may vary, but the mission, the goal is shared. There are few places I could so wholeheartedly endorse as Seattle Children's. Work there, you won't regret it.
Organization with great mission and vision
Finance Controller (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 16, 2015
Productive and fun place to work. Fast pace and provides lots of challenges and opportunities for lean work. Company treats employees very well and with great benefit package.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Traffic around the area is something to deal with all the time
N/A
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 15, 2015
A typical day of work consisted to taking care of 3-4 patients and educating their families. I learned various technical nursing skills including inserting and managing gastric tubes, IV lines, medication administration. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the emotions that came with sick and dying children and grieving families. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of children recovering from illness and seeing them discharge home healthy.
Top notch place
Echo Lab Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 13, 2015
Best in the area! Looks of great support in terms of access to professional growth. Also, seems to be continually growing and adapting to the growth in the region.
Great Hospital for children
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT III (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 12, 2015
My typical day at worked included being the Administrative assistant to our department leadership.
I've learned that the company lacks diversity and any type of education on diversity.
Pros
Orca card and medical benifits
Cons
Lack of diversity
learning
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 21, 2015
I cashier clean stock, help customers I learned a lot about every shift and what to do my coworkers are quiet at first them ok when i got to know them. I deal with customers who are not having a good day because child in hospital they are sad or upset at prices in food and drinks. I enjoy most about my job is that i get the child to smile and that makes the parents smile and me smile even more.
Pros
good pay and benefits seeing children smile all the time
Cons
not enough hours for per diems and hours are cut short
opportunity for growth
Unit Secretary and Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 7, 2015
The people who work for Children's Hospital is what really made the difference for me. My co-workers and others in different departments were like a 2nd family to me.
Great experience!
Love working with children
Director (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 9, 2015
As much as I love working at this facility there comes a time when one should branch out and learn new techniques along with different views of the health care world. I've already expanded upon that by getting my master's in health care informatics predominantly in research.
Typical day at work stems from getting my assignment for the day, check physician orders, find out when medications where given last, and communicate with the remaining teams for the rest of the. I also help with educating not only staff around me, but that of any student that comes in for their clinical rotation.
Pros
Working with the diverse medical staff
Cons
driving in for over an hour in traffic
Not much room for advancement
Service Desk Support Tech-Sr (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 18, 2015
The job in large is not bad. The work is fairly strait forward as long as you have some tech skills. The one major drawback is the lack of room for advancement do to the fact that it is almost impossible to get fired.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Stagnation
Teamwork is amazing!
PICU Registered Nurse- Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 16, 2015
It has been a wonderful place to work with an amazing team dynamic. I am currently a travel nurse here and it is the best environment that I have encountered thus far in my travels!
Co-workers were very engaging and supportive and it was a great place to work for.
IT Desktop Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle WAFebruary 17, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be doing the daily task that consisted of 17 things, for example testing monitors, hot swap machines, check the printer to see if it had paper/toner etc. Attend a stand up meeting for about 10 to 15 minutes. After the meeting I would go to my desk and log on to my computer check to see how many tickets I have then start working on them. If no ticket I would click on the unassigned tickets then I would assign them to my queue. During the program I learned about the ticketing system/troubleshooting skills and great customer service skills.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to go anywhere and assist customers. I went to the surgery rooms and pharmacy where I had to either swap a monitor or troubleshoot a downtime machine.
Everyone is friendly and diversity of culture. Excellent manager & supervisors as well as team members
Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 1, 2015
Excellent manager & supervisor including team members
Everyone is friendly & diversity of culture
Fun place to work & stability
Excellent benefits
Seattle Childrens
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Seattle WAJanuary 29, 2015
One of the best places I have ever worked for. Highly organized with the main goal of patient safety.
Pros
helping families
Tremendous dedication to team atmosphere
Clinical Informatics Lead/ Sr Applications Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 26, 2015
Daily collaboration among teams both intradepartmentally and with external departments of IT services.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 20, 2014
Children's is a great place to work. I learned a lot about disaster recovery and change management process.
meh
Pediatric Mental Health Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 31, 2014
decent place to work. Inner department politics become to much and it is hard to be noticed for good work done and easy be made an example of for any mistakes.
Productive and fun environment at the work place
Volunteer as Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 10, 2014
As a shuttle Driver a typical day at work will be get to work on time get my work place ready and check that everything is an order and nothing missing that I might need once I head the road. I learned that been actively involved and aware of my surroundings can greatly impact a day of work. if I use all the techniques and experienced that I had acquired at work I can assure a safe day and feel good about it. Having a safe day at work is always a priority for Seattle Children's Hospital and for myself as well. My co-workers are always there for me. They are very helpful and friendly. the hardest part of the job is traffic in rush hour; it is very difficult to keep up with the route schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I feel great doing my job, I might not be working directly with patients but I am also helping to get kids better and that is very rewarding.
Pros
free bus pass, bonus if ride the bus or walk to work
Cons
short breaks. not enough full times jobs