Seaspan

Seaspan Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good workplace always kept busy
Labourer (Current Employee), Victoria, BCJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: shortage of work in winters
Great company, with good working enviroment. Always have a personal daily task to complete, which kept workers on task. A typical day at the shipyards would be going through security and clocking in, Then to the labouer shack to get equipment on. Before working hours 7:25 every morning make sure that we were equiped with all the tools necissary for – more... our daily tasks. daily routines would be tooling, heavy lifting, cleaning, helping tradesmen with tasks. Hardest part of the job was often tooling in very tight areas where ur body could barly get into. Most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers and working on the water. – less
excellent ownership company with great working culture.
2nd mate (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHApril 11, 2014
Pros: excellent ownership company with great working culture, salary on time, safety priority, good relation with the crew and staff, xcellent working standards.
Cons: nil
excellent ownership company with great working culture,Salary on time,safety priority,good relation with the crew and staff,xcellent working standards.
Onboard ships life is very challengeable.
Marine Engineer, 3rd Engineer (Current Employee), On boardAugust 28, 2013
On board ships day work is always hard for engineers. You have your team with highly qualified chief engineers and second engineers who are really supportive for your day work and you have your supporters for get your work done with there support. But we are the people who make decisions on machinery, and do all the work by using our hands. what we – more... have is on hand experience of all types of marine machinery. do the work in high temperature environment and high noise environment with multinational crew is really challengeable.
I learned how to work as team and all me basic engineering knowledge from ships. There I got my career foundation.
Management Is good but always every where you got some tiny misunderstands. all can manage well.
My co workers are really helpful and well supportive.
Physically you have to do the job in high temperature, noisy environment.
the most enjoyable ....... :) where ever you do some trouble shoot, repair any damage machinery under all hard environment and enjoy when you put those machinery in to operation and get the output from them.
" all machinery made by human, so , same can maintain my human"
this is the place where I stand always. :) – less