Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,094 reviews matching the search
Productive and welcoming
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 14, 2016
Workers are very hard working
Everyone is easy going
I love interacting with customers
The management is very nice and very flexible
Typical day at work is laid back and no stress
Productive.
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKApril 28, 2016
Good learning experience. Enjoy doing inventory. Although hours are not the same every week. Love working with the staff everyone is so help full great job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay
Stress Free Workplace
CSD Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, OntarioNovember 20, 2015
Workplace environment is very positive. Its a good place to work for anyone. A stress free environment for everyone. There is no discrimination among employees who are working there. Staff is very much helpful in all regards
Pros
Employee centric company
Cons
Not giving enough to emplyoees
Out of touch with Customer needs
Manager Hardware, Fitness and Outdoor Power (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Very poor morale in the Stores. Most Stores look half empty as they have discontinued so many lines. The Staff have not had a raise in almost ten years,
Pros
Good Staff discount
i worked for this company for many years they are a very good company to work for , I learned so much while I was employed with this company,
Office Clerk and sales (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 17, 2015
the management was very supportive , If you had problems at work or home they were behind you 100 percent , company celebrations were fun and always looked forward to them
excellent management guidance and great co-workers, loved Commission Sales, very rewarding
Commission Furniture Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, OnOctober 13, 2015
loved working for Sears, great working environment with co-workers, commission sales and helped customer with decorating choices at store and off-site at customers homes, built a real relationship with my clients to build repeat business and referrals. With the Managers guidance and great leadership we became the top sears store for $11 million in Sales. Trained new sales co-workers, and did teaching, training for St Lawrence School students night classes in Sears store location for three years voluntarily on my own time. Excellent in Customer Service.
Pros
great fullfilling expperience with clients, great management team
Cons
open everyday but xmas day so long hours but very financially rewarding
great experience
catalogue, administration (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 18, 2015
for part time was great while in school, customer service and administration is what i did and catalogue, christmas was always fun , most busy, dealt with difficult customers but pulled through. Great team, everyone helped each other, created great friends.
Pros
great staff
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABNovember 23, 2015
I enjoyed my work place at Sears because the great staff that I worked with. The management was great because they helped on the floor when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was when staff helped each other, and they can make each other laugh.
Pros
awesome magement
Cons
not enough hours
Need to evaluate the work culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Great systems and information available but sometimes the lack of change can be dangerous and you really have to dig deeper to find what you need.
fine
MT2 (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 7, 2015
some months they had employee day and there was bbq and some activitys but you had to pay. and the working there wasn't great. you were to get paid for different job you did and I never got paid for it. and didn't get a rese. so not but when I got preganant I got mat leave
Pros
its sears
Cons
the pay wasnt good
Great company to work for,
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 4, 2016
I worked for Sears Canada at Eastgate Square for a short time. Knowing it was only seasonal, regardless... I loved the environment, the coworkers and customers.
This job was by far an amazing experience.
Pros
friendly
Cons
seasonal
Conducive to work with
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2016
always provide training for the advancement of the employees every year to produce quality workers and effective employees
Pros
reward employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 2, 2015
Other then not enough hours it is a good place to work. The staff and management are very helpful and will work with you, when needed. Training is very easy, if you can stand for extended periods this is a great place to work, one downfall I find is that they push people to hard to get credit applications.
always productive at work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2016
i enjoy my work with all multicultural coworkers and have good time along with them working, SEARS is a prestigious organization, thousands of workers work here, its good company
stepping stone for bigger & better employment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONDecember 10, 2015
overall good learning experience

co-workers overall excellent to work with

management always helpful

working in receiving

hardest part - off-loading trailers in the winter months
Pros
getting a forklift ticket
A very flexible place .
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJanuary 31, 2016
I learnt many things from sears such as interaction with different kind of customers, work in a fast paced environment, 10 feet rule of customer service and list goes on.
Manage
Logistics Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
I manage and work with my teams to satisfy our customers daily. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people. I have vast knowledge in warehousing and transportation and the key to success in this field of work is people and not to over complicate things as in the end it is just a box with stuff going in and stuff going out.
productive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONDecember 30, 2015
adding service.
Hardware upgrades
new activations
uninstalling and reinstalling apps on the computer.
helped with cable and internet and home phone and cells phone set ups
helped in taking payments
Pros
nothing
Working in retail always creates a sense of challenge.
Administrative Assistant/Catalogue Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 1, 2016
Sears has always provided a fair, cooperative environment to work in. The management team is comprised of a well rounded group of people who offer their assistance and are team oriented.
In the business of retail, change is a daily occurrence. New programs are implemented, along with new policies. Being adaptable is key. Camaraderie is a valuable asset, as being a part of a team, one must be able to connect with, and offer ideas to create a better working environment.
Negativity is not tolerated as it only generates non-productive employees.
The most difficult aspect of the job is always trying to keep ahead of any changes that may affect the customer/employee relationship. In order to provide excellent service, one must offer knowledgeable service.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to connect and interact with our customers as each and every one presents a new challenge, which creates an working environment that is constantly evolving.
Pros
Employee perks
Cons
Short shifts, scattered throughout the workweek.
Great place to work and learn
Senior operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 26, 2016
This was a good school for me. Becomes like a big family.
Really enjoy working there. A little disconnection between HQ and stores.