Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,132 reviews matching the search
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, ABMarch 6, 2016
Its amazing to work with sears. My reason to look for new job is that there is no growing opportunities.
Management team and co workers are very nice and understandable
I have learned how to up sell an item or add an item to their purchase.
Productive and extremely fun workplace!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 21, 2016
Working as a Waitress always felt rewarding. I learned how to coordinate a professional manner under high pressure, maintain cleanliness at a high degree and last but definitely not least... interact with guests positively. Management at the workplace was absolutely excellent due to superb channeling of communication between the Manager and other waitresses. Plans were strongly developed to ensure guests and coworkers were happy. Hence, I enjoyed working with my coworkers. Plus, it definitely made it easy for all waitresses to maintain a positive, professional and energetic manner no matter what conditions or atmosphere we had to face. Next, the hardest part of my job was taking special precautions for guests due to allergies. On a positive note, the most enjoyable part of the job was exceeding guests' expectations and dealing with complaints using strong leadership skills and team effort.
Pros
Free meals including dessert
Cons
Juggling large trays of food in tight spaces
Loved Sears
Team Leader for Catalogue and Café (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working with the people at Sears on the retail floor. I learned how to produce the documents that I only saw at month end when working at the District Office.
Pros
free coffee, nice people to work with, management was great too
Cons
lots of lifting, late hours
Sear dept store.
Category Manager, Ladies sleep wear, hosiery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2016
Many changes in strategy and management makes execution challenging. Employees are hard working and supportive within their teams.
My favorite job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bayers Lake, NSJune 15, 2016
Best place to work hands down! I worked at the bayers lake location, there were some problems with the manager when I was employed however the company itself is amazing!
Boring, easy to lose job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONMarch 21, 2016
I was hired while there were planning to close many stores, and i never knew if my store would be next. I was eventually laid off due to their financial situation
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
job security
Good Work Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2016
Work place is good.
Co-workers are cooperative and helpful.
I learned about managing Cash Register, Handling Cash, improve my customer service skills
Pros
Good Work Environment
Cons
Low Salary
Great learning experience but moral at work is extremely low
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
I started working at Sears HO in Toronto right after my MBA graduation. Being a Senior FA, I learned a tons form my boss at that time. I was exposed to senior leadership and I gained a lot of good experience. However, after 2 years with lots of turmoil due to restructuring and changes in leadership, the office environment became toxic, no trust, no accountability, no transparency.
Fast paced position as switchboard operator for Cross country retail outlets.
Retail Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 19, 2016
My experience at Sears as retail support was nothing but positive. Enjoyed the job duties and working as part of a team with my co-workers. Very fast paced and required the use of multiple computer programs.
Productive.
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKApril 28, 2016
Good learning experience. Enjoy doing inventory. Although hours are not the same every week. Love working with the staff everyone is so help full great job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay
fun workplace and positive enviroment
customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 20, 2015
positive environment, good experiences with the workplace really enjoyed my time with them, the co workers were very kind and helpful, the hardest part of the job would be moving the products onto the floor when its a busy day. most part i enjoyed were the hours i was getting. what i learned from sears is that team work is very important and if one fails than the whole system fails so you gotta help that one person to keep the system going.
Good Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PENovember 20, 2015
Started and ended the day with a meeting a recab of your day. Where assigned to an area to own as your own and become knowledgeable on all products. Being in customer service has its challenges however staff worked together to give the best possible outcome. We where encouraged to market the Sears or Sears MasterCard and rewarded if a certain number sold. Over all a good place to work.
Pros
Great discounts on merchandise
Cons
High staff turnover
easy fun job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg manitobaMarch 7, 2016
i love being outdoors so working to outdoors garden centre was a fun experience. rain or shine i worked. even worked long hours when other employees were unable to make it. i took the initiative to go in for them.
fun place to work
Cash Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONDecember 3, 2015
sears is a great employer that cares about its staff.
its fun to help people shop and find things.
you get to share a small snipet of other peoples lives...like if they are going to a party, on a trip, shopping for a friend....etc.
the life stories i've shared in just two months makes me proud to be a part of this team.
Pros
great team!
Cons
short shifts...no full time positions available
Relaxed and customer Oriented Culture
Part-Time Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 30, 2016
Helped learning customer satisfaction, polite staff with a great management team. Customer Oriented company focusing best to serve the customers.
Organized and care about their employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I find this workplace to have a good management team that cares about the employees' well-being. Frequently have events for employees such as pizza parties and potlucks.
fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2016
learnt how to do welding, this was my first job and I worked here for 35 years, then I moved to Canada, challenging job, coworkers were great, welding fumes were not the fun part, great working environment lots of tools to do the job properly
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
at one point was a great work place and now is not
jewellery associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 16, 2016
worked their for almost 3 years got a new manager and i get 4 hours a week if im lucky, never get any shifts because they keep cutting hours
Pros
great people
Cons
no hours
Need to evaluate the work culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Great systems and information available but sometimes the lack of change can be dangerous and you really have to dig deeper to find what you need.
cared
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCJune 29, 2016
Sears was caring about its customers but it was also out of touch with what the public wanted to buy. After they were bought out by an American company it just got worse

2.9