Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,343 reviews matching the search
Fun and promising company
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 30, 2016
Sears is a great company to work for. From the management team to the co-workers, everyone is extremely helpful and hardworking. Not only did I gain practical experience from Sears, but I also received outstanding costumer service and communication skills. It was delightful working for such a welcoming company.
It was a fun place to work because of the great Staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJanuary 21, 2016
Very busy at the cash desk, which I loved.
Had to learn how to use very old cash registers.
Management was not very supportive.
My co-workers where awesome, everyone got along
It was very hard to sell there credit cards.
The most enjoyable part was the customers, they were a lot of fun and interesing.
Pros
Co-workers, customers
Cons
Management had head office problems that trickled down to staff.
Productive and Fun workplace
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 17, 2016
It's a fun and productive workplace. They really care about you as an employee. The salaries is good including the benefits. The work isn't as hard it goes according to your capability. If there is a problem they are willing to try and accommodate you accordingly.
easy fun job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg manitobaMarch 7, 2016
i love being outdoors so working to outdoors garden centre was a fun experience. rain or shine i worked. even worked long hours when other employees were unable to make it. i took the initiative to go in for them.
Hard work for low pay, poor employee morale
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BCDecember 4, 2014
Pacific Cross Dock - Hire people as permanent part time but actually are only hiring for seasonal. When they are busy you are expected to be available Mon-Fri full time, but when they aren't you may go from full time hours to 4 hours a week. There is no guarantee past 4 hours per week.

Coworkers are all friendly however few are satisfied with the job and how they are treated. The morale is the lowest of any place I've ever worked. Everyone wants to just do their time and get out. The management staff don't even know peoples names and seldom acknowledge you are there.

They do pay you for two 15 minute breaks and you take another 1/2 hour for a break. They are reasonable if you have to ask for a day off. You do get a generous discount at the stores.
Pros
Safety is taken seriously, discount at Sears stores
Cons
low pay, raises based on hours worked not performance
The job is seasonal and hours were cut or given when they needed you
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 16, 2016
My job was customer service as a cashier. I had to learn how to deal with complaints and if they couldn't' be resolved ask for a manager. Most people were helpful and my direct manager was wonderful to work for. I left due to hours being cut and I loved helping the customers and interacting with them.
Pros
Loved the customer service end of the job and my co workers
Cons
Not enough hours to live on.
Great coworkers but poor management.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 17, 2016
Solid place to work with a great environment and great coworkers. Increasing emphasis on in store credit cards ultimately took away from customer service.
Pros
Great Coworkers and environment
Cons
Misplaced priorities
Boring, easy to lose job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ONMarch 21, 2016
I was hired while there were planning to close many stores, and i never knew if my store would be next. I was eventually laid off due to their financial situation
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
job security
Productive work place with supportive management
Health and Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONApril 8, 2016
I learned much about the Health and Safety , some of management skills and Market strategies by working in Sears. The Management is truly supportive so as the co-workers.

I didn't find anything hard in my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is to educate others about safety in work place.
Pros
stress free work environment
Decent
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 6, 2016
The employees were pretty great. It was a really positive work environment. The management was either right on your butt or they were way too laid back. The job itself was very easy, and you learned to multi-task.
Pros
The people and the work environment were great
Cons
One shift/week
It was ok
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 23, 2016
No much customers, Lack of management, Lack of hours, no raises, lack of recognition. There was barely any training when you first start. But meet some associate that are very nice. Wouldn't pick sears as a career option.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
no growth
Hardware Fitness and seasonal department
CAWP (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 28, 2016
While a good place to work for, there is not a whole lot of available hours. There is a lot of heavy lifting in the CAWP department, though co-workers tend to be excellent. Most management will work with you for your needs.
Assisting great customers
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 23, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of coming in and going to my assigned cash register area/booth and working there. Most days I would close alone, therefore was I counted on for proper cash deposits and transactions at the end of the day.
A good place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJuly 22, 2016
A typical day is filling customers orders and then doing returns. I have learned how to work with my co workers. Its fun to learn new jobs and to be able to work in different departments. I like the early start times
Fun and open company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 16, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with this company I have grown very close with my manger and coworkers. I feel part of a team going into work and know that I have the support of everyone in all my tasks. I have learned many new skills.
Relaxed and customer Oriented Culture
Part-Time Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 30, 2016
Helped learning customer satisfaction, polite staff with a great management team. Customer Oriented company focusing best to serve the customers.
Productive and Fun
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 12, 2016
Each day had different tasks to complete. Overall was a great job, and did not dread going into work everyday. Most of the time there was jobs to complete which made the day go by faster.
Pros
Free lunches, caring staff
Enjoyable and productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCAugust 17, 2016
I Loved my job at Sears, great company to work for. Great mamagement,,,loved learning all the new aspects of the company. It was great team work . I enjoyed the barb-b-ques and different functions Sears held.
friendly and generally given lots of space when doing a task
MPT Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 7, 2016
whenever I was given a task to do they would always give me lots of freedom to do it how I wanted, no micro-management. most of the mangers and higher ups were friendly but sometimes they would out-source there jobs to me because I am young and fit.
Strong commitment and loyalty from team members
Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioMarch 14, 2016
Culture is actively built from within each store store - and the people make the company successful. Lots of commitment at the store level to make the customer experience better.
Pros
Flexibility within your own market
Cons
Lack of corporate visibility at store level

2.9