Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,458 reviews matching the search
Would still be working there if Sears had not closed
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON13 June 2016
My time at Sears was overall a good experience. I enjoyed how all the employees got along and interacted with one another. There was always help if there was a question to be asked. And fair with schedules. The Management was great and got involved with the store and involved the employees with ideas relating to the Store.
Pros
Free lunches, Relaxed environment
Cons
When it wasn't busy
working at sears was satisfactory
Cashier/ Retail Sales Representive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 June 2016
On given days, during the early hours you will fine me speaking to people, finding out proactively what there priorities are for the week, making sure the task at hand is done. My co-workers where team players they make sure the task is always done and on time. The hardest part of the job was when costumers come for a certian product and we didnt have the product. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing costumers happy an my co-workers.
Pros
Cons
cut hours
Old management. Needs revamp.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 October 2016
The worst working experience ever.
Trying to look, keep busy whilst being micro managed by cosmetic supervisor from clothing department.
Pros
Co. Workers
Cons
Long quiet days promoting Sears credit cards.
fast paced
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB27 December 2016
it was a fun job with a good environment there was lots to do and the other employees seemed to have the same views. my only complaint would be that i never got trained even though i was there for 6 weeks.
Good place, Good people
Outbound Call Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 June 2016
Like I wrote above, the job was cold-calling people and selling guarantees on their sears appliances, and despite that it was an enjoyable job because of the people who worked there and the amenities they had in the offices.
Pros
Good cafeteria, fun people to work with, good management, good pay
Cons
trying to sell guarantees on some appliances that cost as much as the guarantee.
fun workplace and flexible shifts, management very co-operative
beauty Advisor, counter-manager (Former Employee) –  Sears Bramalea7 June 2016
Day starts with a daily morning meeting reconizing top performances and met sales targets. Once the store opens, everyone comes out from behind the counters to greet customers. Co-workers are very supportive and co-operative. Hardest part of the job is when its not busy and you've got big targets to meet. However everyone helps one another without being too focused on their own counter or commission. When there's a customer that needs help, anyone available helps. The part I love the most about this job is meeting new people everyday and doing makeup on customers.
Good Product knowledge sharing, good public relations experience
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2016
- In the business of retail, change is a daily occurrence.
- New programs are implemented, along with new policies.
- Being adaptable is key.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
- The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Long hours, too much travel
Easy, flexible job
Metro Employee (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 November 2016
You can essentially pick your hours as a part timer, the managers are respectful and knowledgeable. As long as you get your work done on time you will enjoy your shift. However, the pay is low
I enjoy my job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Haliburton, ON6 September 2016
Working at sears is a joy! i enjoy selling things and bringing in customers. I go to work with a smile on my face and enjoy the day i have.
My bosses are very understandable and reasonable people and i enjoy working with them!
Pros
reasonable bosses
Fast paced. Every day you learned something new.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON5 June 2016
Everyday started with scanning/checking customer orders. Learned a lot about appliances and different products. Worked directly with the owners. We had an awesome team that got along very well.The hardest part of the job was unhappy customers. i would assist them in resolving issues. The best part of the job was being in a great work environment. i enjoyed meeting new people and being able to help them.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
The store closed
Amazing place to work and grow
HEALTH AND BENEFITS, COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Excellent place to work with loads of opportunity to grow. Managers are the most helpful and friendly. Wonderful location right in downtown toronto.
I Love the place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 January 2017
I love working there. The people are awesome to work with and for. They are great and very understanding people. I would love to work there longer if they extend my contract :)
not a bad place to work
CSA / H & S Coordinator/ Commission sales person (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC28 September 2016
very good management at the store level, the higher managers keep changing the format of the stores. So very unstable work stability. The staff at the stores are very courteous.
sold perfume
Counter Supervisor and Beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
sold perfume everyday, had to make qutoa, set up new fragrances the hardest part of the job was the rude customers the most enjoyable part of my job was my coworkers
Excellent
Inventory/Sales Associate/Visual Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 September 2016
Excellent Staff!
Treats employees well
Everyone worked as a team
AWSOME ENVIRONMENT!
Good location
Management made working enjoyable
Always rewarded employees for there hard work
Pros
N/A
Cons
Great hours
Great coworkers but poor management.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC17 August 2016
Solid place to work with a great environment and great coworkers. Increasing emphasis on in store credit cards ultimately took away from customer service.
Pros
Great Coworkers and environment
Cons
Misplaced priorities
good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB25 September 2016
good store, ok hours, not very busy, some sales associate are great other esp makeup counter unfriendly. Some Managers unfriendly. Recent dess code silly..
Pros
decent sales good discount
Cons
unfriendly coworkers, gossip
Lack of work / life balance
Buyer, Menswear (Omni Channels) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Most of my working hours are in numerous of meetings and could not start my working until after hour and hence very low work and life balance at Sears.
Average
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2017
Sears was average. It is an ok place to work but do not expect great pay, satisfaction in your job or any real perks. It is what it is and you have to expect that if you wish to work there
Cashier
Sales associate in hardware (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC21 November 2016
Stocked shelves
Helped customers
Organized furniture
Sold products
Cleaned floors
Closed
Opened
Share information of products with customers
Order items online