Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,665 reviews matching the search
Ordinaire
Caissiere (Former Employee) –  Place Rosemere27 March 2017
Après dix année de travail je voulais prendre ma retraite et je me suis révisé . Retourné travailler à temps partiel près de chez moi . Je me considère comme une employée exemplaire .
Pros
Bonne ambiance de travail
Cons
Vente à pression de cartes de crédit
overall satisfied
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 March 2017
I have always been a people person and having the privilege of working in Retail has allowed me to do that successfully. As a General Manager I have been able to help my team succeed on many different levels which included sales increases as well as producing million dollar sellers.
Pros
great work environment
Decent place to work at
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2017
not the most exciting job management are not the most helpful people when it comes to solving employees problems. Not a lot of training provided with computer software and new systems.
Work Life
Clerical duties (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 March 2017
Sears was a great place to work at when I first started. But, over the years the company started taking away employee incentives, and everyone's moral lowered. I truly enjoyed my time at Sears, but it was time for change.
Location closed
Custome service rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 March 2017
SEARS Canada removed all there customer service call Centre jobs to outside Canada, Before the move it office was a good place to work, people are nice and you are treated well
Bien pour un étudiant
Conseillère en vente (Current Employee) –  Drummondville, QC20 March 2017
Les postes sont bien pour des etudiants ou des personnes retraité mais ne lest pas pour quelqun qui veux de la stabilité.
Pros
Assurances
Cons
Salaire/heures
Demanding but supported
Corporate Delivery Assistant- Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 March 2017
calls into call centre as complaints on delivery service from coast to coast. Most who complained were right in doing so, but some were not, good for developing a thick skin with verbal abusive language and impossible demands from customers on a daily, minute by minute basis. We had the authority to compensate problems.
Pros
day shift, great co-workers
Cons
layoffs at anytime
Overall a great learning ladder in customer service
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2017
Sears gave me a great opportunity to learn about different products and merchandise therefore this enabled me to help clientele with their specific needs.
Throughout my years with Sears Home Services, I was able to learn immensely through the decorator, and everything there was to know about custom window coverings. Attending outside conventions with our vendors was interesting as well. I will always be grateful for my learning tools I gained through this company.
Pros
Conventions, and gatherings we had were fun
I have worked with Sears with over 15 years broken service.
Appliance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2017
I have a long history with this retailer. I think they used to be the premier place to learn sales techniques and get comprehensive job training. I miss the friends I made with this corporation. Sadly I think they struggle with this modern economy and have let quality slip and training is now almost non-existent!
Bonne expérience
Associée relations avec la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC16 March 2017
L'équipe de travail était magnifique. J'ai adoré travailler là. Par contre, côté salaire c'est très mauvais. Salaire minimum à vie, à moins de négocier et quasiment démissionner. Aucune reconnaissance de la part de la direction pour les gens qui travaillent très fort

Want to know more about Sears?

Ask a question
fun place to work at
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
fun place to work at especially if you are someone who has passion for makeup and. you get to meet different type of people and its a great way to get experience
Fun to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 March 2017
sears is a good place to work for but if we take a look at the salary then it is minimum, even with the experience we don't get a raise. And sometimes what i think that there is nothing which we can learn new or exciting.
Pros
lunch brakes are paid
Cons
not many employees
Productive and busy
SR. Manager Merchandising Operations (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 March 2017
I prefer a job that keeps you busy at all times and because of my position there , I was always busy and it was a very physical job which I enjoyed , and I ran a big tem there which was very enjoyable
productive,you are part of the team
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 March 2017
work seasonal over Christmas, enjoyed it very much.
A good company to work for.
Good pay, the management was vert supportive,
I liked helping customers on the floor, with helping them fine
want they needed. just making the customers happy with the best
service I could givr
working as receptionist in Photo Sudio
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 March 2017
It was fun but didn't long. Learned to answer phones make appointments.Set up filing system. Make sales, worked only on a part- time basis because that was all they had and jobs were hard to find at that time. the most enjoyable aspect of this was the staff was really easy to get along with.
Pros
experience in a photo studio
Cons
Na
Bad
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton13 March 2017
Lack of job objectives, unrealistic requirements. Wages were low and raises are tiny and lack structure. Floor level workers are poorly treated and middle management is hung out to dry
Great place with great pepole
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières-Ouest, QC12 March 2017
I really liked every one there great people and great Dynamic crew, the store itself didn't always do well in the sales department but everyone gave it's 150%
Poor People management
Planning (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2017
The company is poor on retaining good talents, high turn over from the management team to all levels. Poor system, hard to find useful information. People here often focused on what the manager asked for instead of what really important.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
not good for career development
Great place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 March 2017
Provided great customer service. Great place to work, learned a lot about retail. Great family environment, care about employees and provided benefits.
Pros
Always reward employees.
Cons
Partime employee.
bon esprit d'equipe
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC11 March 2017
Quand j'ai travailler au sears je me sentais jeune car tout le monde etais plus vieu mais jai bien aimer mon experience car il y a une bonne esprit d'equipe et jai appris beaucoup a utiliser la caisse et comme tout mes autres travail je travailler avec soin
Pros
pauses
Cons
salaire minable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9