Sears
7,653 reviews

Sears Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Entry level lab position.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 7, 2014
Worked in a research lab carrying out molecular genetics experiments. Lots of freedom to pursue own studies.
Productive. Advancement
Account Manager - Salesperson (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 7, 2014
Never board always work to be done. Co-workers were friends.
Hardest keep open communication with some higher management.
full of great people
Commision Sales (Current Employee), Burnaby, BCMay 7, 2014
no job security.......................................................
Good Place to work - learned a lot
Finance Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 7, 2014
Is a great place to work. I learned a lot in the department I am in. The management and my co workers are really goo dpeople.
I enjoyed my job. I love going above what I have been asked to do and then get the appreciation from my manager.
Productive fun and positive work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Prince George, BCMay 5, 2014
I enjoy working at this location. I am happy with the expectations and responsibilities set out for me. I have had positive feedback on all monthly reviews. I am satisfied with management and believe that everyone is treated fairly and equally. I look forward to going into work every shift and am proud to be a part of this organization.
Fun and relaxed place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMay 5, 2014
Pros: located not far from home, enviromentally friendly
Cons: depending on hours
Answer customer inquires and help correct and resolve them.
Co-workers are great to work with.
Management is friendly to work with.
too much expectation and too little reward
Product Knowledge Specialist (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMay 2, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunch, good people & good scheduling for students
Cons: no raises, hard work, few hours & inadequate training
Every second of your day must be micro managed in order to keep up with work load and expectations. There is not enough training to prepare new associates in the hardware department and not enough compensation to attract worthy associates.
Material Handler Fork Lift Operator
Material Handler (Former Employee), Vaughn, OntarioMay 1, 2014
 Knowledge of WHMIS
 Load/Unload products and materials, by hand or with material handling equipment
 Ability to operate various mobile equipment, ie. Forklift, truck, hoist, motorized conveyor, stackers
 Also, posses the ability to operate pump trucks, conveyor systems, hand-held scanners, and tuggers
 Monitor and ensure mobile equipment is operated – more... according to safety regulations outlined by the company
 Fill orders promptly and efficiently with stock, move inventory,read/scan tickets
 Maintain and organize inventory
 Verify and maintain all supporting documents accompanying shipments. Report any discrepancies to appropriate area via online, or written – less
Fun workplace with amazing energy
Cashier (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 1, 2014
I work in the baby section and provide product knowledge to new parents or grandparents. Folding and sizing clothing and creating registries happen on a daily basis. I learned many different things about products and even about what it is like to have a baby and I also strengthened how to help worried customers. My co workers are amazing and are always – more... eager to lend a hand when things get busy. The hardest part of the job is trying to get as many things done as possible before a shift ends which can be a little challenging when you may be the only one working at that time. The most enjoyable part of the job is making new connections with customers and being able to know that you were apart of their new life as parents! – less
customers services/
Agent service à la clientèle (Former Employee), Saint-Laurent, QCApril 30, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: lunch time too short
Nice place &good location
learned a lot
First time in a call center
Good peoples trying to earn a living.
Very long hours just sitting....
productive and always learning
Sales Associate parts an service (Current Employee), Burnaby bcApril 29, 2014
always solving problems
have learned how to do a manual to do different jobs/
management and y team lead great have always been able to trust me to work on my own with out them watching over me

co workers i am able to work with \

hardest part of the job would have to be when i com back from holidays and had mountains of work to get done .

when someone – more... is willing to learn something and that i have been able to teach them – less
Sears management team tries to keep associates upbeat
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 26, 2014
Pros: employee perks
Cons: the customer gets the benfit of the doubt over the employees.
A typical day would be assisting customers with their purchases and suggestive selling
Good place to work...fun fellow associates
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Sault Ste. Marie, ONApril 25, 2014
Pros: extra % off purchases
Cons: no raises in 8 years...no rewards for being a loyal employee
Like the feeling of helping women to get the right fit for a bra.
Friendly fun place to work with great incentives.
IQ Supervisor (Current Employee), Belleville, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: sales incentives, and appreciation letters from customers on a job well done.
Great place to work, so sad their call centers are leaving the country.
It was a great place to work, great associates to work with, lots of different events, and themes.

I learned so many different thing here, all very helpful in moving forward.

I was promoted twice in 3 years, once to Coach, and then IQ supervisor ( escalations ) team.

Love working – more... with Customers good and bad, love the challenges of resolving Customer issues. – less
My most recent role was with Sears Home Services the custom home improvements "division" . Sears Home Services declared bankruptcy in December 2014.
Office Assistant, In Store Consultant, (Former Employee), VictoriaApril 23, 2014
Pros: generous staff discount
As an Office Assistant with Sears Canada and as an In Store Consultant with Sears Home Services(custom home installations), my typical day in both roles was service service service with a smile and efficiency.
The management team worked hard to maintain morale. My co-workers were very positive.
The pay is poor, but the associate discount is very generous, – more... job security and opportunities for advancement are limited. But Sears Canada is still in business.
Sears Home Services went bankrupt in December 2013. – less
great coworkers, and kind supervisions
Retail Support Agent (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 23, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: no advancement
while i was employed with the sears call center it was a great experience. Great co workers and kind team leaders. The hours where good and pay was alright.
got to work and be like a kid
Photographer (Former Employee), Windsor, ONApril 23, 2014
Taking Pictures and acting like a kid was the highlight of the job here at sears. I had a great bunch of Co-workers to work with. The hardest part of the job was trying to sell the photo packages to customers. I loved showing up to work and being able to see everyone.
not very enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee), edmonton, ABApril 22, 2014
Pros: learning how to operate a cash machine
Cons: late hours
I did not really enjoy this job as much as I would have liked to. Considering it was my first retail job I assumed it would be easy and not strenuous. I got along well with my co workers however not much with managers due to lack of communication as the store was very large and had a number of managers. The most difficult part of the job was adjusting – more... to the change rooms. The most enjoyable part of the job were short hours. – less
Sales Floor team member
Sales Associate (Former Employee), MississaugaApril 21, 2014
My job was to help keep fitting rooms clean and help customers with their purchases.
Hard to get enough hours
Sales, customer service, inventory (Current Employee), Windsor, ONApril 21, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: no-very few hours
High pressure work environment for minimum wage. A lot of pressure to sign people up for the Sears credit card. Threatening management tactics to get you to perform.

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more