Sears Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Jewellery Consultant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC11 October 2017
Sears is an amazing place to work, the staff is well organized it is unfortunate that it is closing. I learned how to multi task, improve my customer service skills and I learned about how retail jobs function.
productive and fun workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  brampton11 October 2017
I work 8-4 Monday to Friday manage contractors payments and data entry. Pay attention to claims that i approve. Workplace here very friendly and we are like a family.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
Far
Amazing Place to work
Customer service agent (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB11 October 2017
I absolutely love working for Sears, however in light of recent news I need to find a job with security in order to support my growing family. They are a great company to work for.
Travelling with Problem Solving Solutions
Appliance Technician (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 October 2017
I enjoy working at Sears because I enjoy trouble shooting problems and working with people. The hardest part of the job is not having enough parts to complete my service. I do enjoy learning and being trained on new appliances and I hope in the future that companies will keep us informed and up to date.
Pros
van
Cons
insufficient parts to complete a call and old vans
Productive, busy and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 October 2017
A typical day at work would be checking customers on cash if it is busy and there is not enough people on. When there are no more cash registers available it is our responsibility to put returns away and help merchandise stock on the floor. It is a great and fun environment to work in with managers and co-workers being friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers and asking about their shopping experience. The difficult part of the job is interacting with customers when they are mad about a product. This is where you have to show your people skills and talk to them calmly as you would to any other customer and try and help them come up with a solution.
Pros
Interacting with customers and co-workers
Cons
Having angry customers come in and yell at you
My experience at Sears
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 October 2017
In a tipical day of work, I have the responsible for dispatching calls to techs in several regions. As well, I have to route their calls for the next day. As I do that, I have to answer questions from the call center, which are calls either asking for sooner service or to make changes in the system that we use to keep track of the service orders.

As part of my job, I also have to make sure the technitians go to the customer's home with the parts ordered.

In this job, I have improved my problem solving skills. Throughtout the week, customer request sooner service for their appliances. In order to accomodate them, I have to move service orders around to squeeze in as many people as possible. Many times, I have to ask for overtime to the technicians. When I do so, I make sure to keep my word so I build trust with them. In addition, as noted above, I have been able to improve my communications skills as a dispatcher in Sears talking to customer service and the technitians.

Regarding the workplace culture, something I will always remember from Sears is the support of everyone in dispatch as well as my supervisors. They were always there to help and had a desire to help the customers.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Stress
store was good place to work
H&H Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC10 October 2017
this individule store was a good place to work, good team work in an organized state
unfortunatly the corp made many poor decisions which has left it in the states it is in now
in the last 9 years with changes in the ceo these desicions had hardship within the company
also most retail is having difficulties competing with on line shopping. we are not the only company in the downfall
Was a great place to work while it lasted.
Logistics Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 October 2017
Sears was a great place to work for many reasons. This has been a great growing and learning experience for me. Advancement from within the company was always promoted until recent years.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement from within
Cons
Company is going into bancruptcy
Management is horrid
Customer Service Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON9 October 2017
Managment are bullies, and use threats to keep you going. What makes it barable to work there are your fellow coworkers who turn out to be more like family.
Pros
Lots of breaks
Cons
Sears was a fun place to work. everyone was a team member.
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 October 2017
In whole Sears was A good place to work. You get up in the morning and you couldn't wait to get to work. The staff I worked with were fanastic. We were able to work as a team. everyone knew a little about every department.
Pros
When we had a good sales day they would bring lunch in for the staff.
Cons
Training for new staff was not great. Floor staff had to do all the training.
Press to work harder than you can.w
Shipper/ Receiver (Current Employee) –  Montreal,Quebec6 October 2017
When I am doing something I enjoy I very hard to have the job don and when I am with the right people to work with thing,s run smoother.You should enjoy when you work.
Pros
Ok
Cons
It doesn't bother me.
Summary of Sears
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 October 2017
I love the job I was doing and still want to do it. Been my life for 18 years. Sears taught me everything in the world of Retail and Logistics. It is a family environment. Hardest part of the job is letting people go. Most enjoyable is the job challenges and being able to make decision on the fly and making projects come to life.
Has been a great place to work.
Field Operations Manager, Ontario Region (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 October 2017
Lots of opportunity for growth and success.
Great leaders and people to work with.
Fast-paced reinvention will be key to future success, focussed on ecommerce and customer experience.
Wonderful Experience
ADMIN DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK6 October 2017
This is one of the best place work. You get so much new things to learn. Everybody motivates you to learn something new each day and drives you into the retail environment.
Liked the job i worked, hated the company I worked for.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 October 2017
A typical day at Sears was a balance of ringing customers through the till, tidying up the work space, and aiding the customers in finding product. Co-workers were nice and friendly and management was flexible. However with the current state of the company you can see that it would be better to take your skills elsewhere.
Pros
Friendly co workers.
Cons
The environment of the store itself is dull which makes the short hours seem long and tedious.
Multicultured corporation, lots of friendly associates
Estimator & Cost Control (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
Sears is a great place to work. Unfortunately retail business especially big box concept is struggling due to online buying. Company is no longer stable.
Pros
Big corporation, good experience
Cons
Low salary
Nice place to work
Senior Financial Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 October 2017
It is a wonderful place to work the management and staff are a great bunch to work with There is no dress code so you are relaxed when you are at work.
Pros
Discount when you purchase
Cons
The floor I work on is very cold even in the summer
pretty awesome!
Furniture Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 October 2017
open and time flexible, if you're good you will earn good! my location management was excellent in supporting their employees. job culture was pretty cool.
Sears is great
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2017
Every day is wonderful surrounded by hard working people trying to make a difference in the company's future.
I make a difference by giving hard working people especially new people to Canada a job and we love seeing customers smile.
If there had been more updates done years ago we would not be facing the hardships we are now.
Pros
Its like being with Family everyday
Cons
Pay
Good company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK3 October 2017
Good experience with Sears in general. Worked there for 7 months..
Good and bad days like everywhere, especially when dealing with customers (but most of them are extremely nice and will make you feel good about yourself).
Salary not crazy but lots of fun meeting and working with different people and learning new things. Lots of events organized to encourage their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9