Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,494 reviews matching the search
always enjoyed working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2016
I worked for Sears 24 years as a sales associate mostly in appliances mattresses and Hardware. I always enjoyed the work and made a lot of friends along the way A typical starts with ensuring the department is clean and ready for store opening.

After the store opens the real work starts, helping customers by answering their questions and endeavoring to sell them the items that they are inquiring about.
Pros
mostly given lots of space to do the job expected of us.
Cons
could get a little tedious if things were slow. fortunately that didn't happen very often
Typical Retail Workplace
Replenishment and Maintanence (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 November 2016
Often shift times vary from morning to afternoon or afternoon to close regardless of position. The environment is very multicultural in all departments. The jobs available in store are what you would expect an average retail location to offer.
Work Experience
(part-time) Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 November 2016
Overall I gained a great sales and retail experience whilst working at Sears. The hardest part of the job was having to sign customers up for the Sears Master card as most of them didn't want it and already have a credit card.
sold perfume
Counter Supervisor and Beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
sold perfume everyday, had to make qutoa, set up new fragrances the hardest part of the job was the rude customers the most enjoyable part of my job was my coworkers
Good job and not stressful
Counter Manager Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 November 2016
Sears was not as fast paced as other jobs I have had but the clientele was always pleasant and willing to listen to any advice.
The best part of the job was that the people who worked there were all very friendly and cooperative in the work environment.
Very Poor Mangement
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON9 November 2016
awful place to work, very stressful and no support from management. as soon as you get to work the drama begins, co-workers are hit and miss some are really good and some are really bad. I don't enjoy anything about sears, wait maybe the discount.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Environment, Stressful
Great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 November 2016
Yeah it was a great place for a part time job at Christmas time. Management was easygoing and perfectly understanding when it came down to my schooling.
Love working here!
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 November 2016
Working at sears portrait studio is amazing just because i get to meet someone new everyday and I learn a bit more about new cultures.
Pros
Making people smile
Great selling culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB8 November 2016
Great employees to work with .Management lacks team work and commodore .Good benefits and work /life balance is recognized and practised . The selling culture is one of honesty and product knowledge is passed on to customers.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low wages
Nice place to work at
Dispatcher Contractor's Desk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
A good place to work at the management could improve a lot there is never a pay increase and the danger of loosing job due to company closure is very imminent
Nice place to work but slowly changning
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON6 November 2016
Work days are pretty average. Unload a truck and put stock away. Hardest part of the job is working alone all the time. The most enjoyable part is the people who work there. Although it has become really customer based and not very employee focused.
flexible schedules great work life balance
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2016
I enjoyed being able to have a flexible schedule. During my time I
made great relationships with both customers and coworkers.
Everyone was easy to work with and well organized
Overall a good company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Home Appliances3 November 2016
Typical day is .Managed to hold the floor , with customers needs, questions, resolving problems .ANSWER phone calls .Attending customers sales , cash transaction.reservations etc.
Pros
Good payment system, and reward program.
Cons
Too many employees in the department.
Productive and kind workplce
Category Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
-A typical day involves checking emails, coordinating samples for marketing, setting up orders to be placed.
-I've learned a lot, including strong communication skills and how to work one on one as well as with a team.
-Management is great. They always have your back.
-My co-workers are friendly, kind and patient people.
-The hardest part of my job would be managing the different teams.
-The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my co-workers.
Great workplace environment with a great work and fellow employee relationship
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON31 October 2016
Busy when big sales and occasions arise
Not all days are predictable and many times your days of sales are dependent on the amount of effort you take in approaching customer service and sales.
Management have their own focus of areas and will occasionally step in to help outside of their designated areas
Co-workers in most part stay focused on their designated area but come together on other occasions
Hardest part of the job is trying to find solutions to bring in the customers in order to improve sales.
The most enjoyable part of the job is on busy occasions to prepare for holidays and events. excitement for customers and the sales associates
Pros
decent discounts for employees
Cons
reduced work hours when there is a lack of business
good people good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 October 2016
I enjoy serving the public. The people I work with are excellent.
They are changing things for the better, more products.
Pros
people are good to work with
Cons
wage is too low
sears review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB28 October 2016
I enjoyed being in customer service. I learned to sell credit card very fast/ The management on the other hand was, unorganized, unprofessional, prejudice and rude.
Good
Sales team lead. Merchandise team lead (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 October 2016
Receiving new merchandise and locating it onto the floor,putting merchandise out according to season. Asa a member of the management team I would work with the associates to make sure job was done right. The hardest part of my job was dealing with customer complaints and most enjoyable was working with the employees
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Experience not appreciated
Exciting place to work
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE25 October 2016
If you like a job that is creative and rewarding, this is the place to work! You'll never feel like you're working. Getting paid to make people smile is wonderful!
Pay structure is just as dated as their stores!
Minion (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2016
Alot of changes happening within sears canada right now. They are spending and have spent a fortune on "refreshes" none of which are getting customers to come into the stores. First of all. ..let's deal with the customer service 1-800 joke. As a curent employee, it is a daily battle on our end to fix what these so called customer service representatives do to our customers! Secondly, to get a raise with sears. ....HAHAHA. ...NOT A CHANCE!
Pros
Great associates
Cons
Horrible pay structure

2.9