Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,369 reviews matching the search
nice co-workers in shoe department, good supervisor
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONAugust 11, 2016
no job security, the stability is unknown, could close at anytime. More stores are closing every month. I was good place to work, mostly positive workers but management is very unstable and appear to bee a little unorganized.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
not a lot of hours
Will not work again
Merchandise Presentation Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMarch 8, 2016
Management is very bad! They only hire you until the the end of your probation and if it is passed your probation they force you to quit!
easy fun job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg manitobaMarch 7, 2016
i love being outdoors so working to outdoors garden centre was a fun experience. rain or shine i worked. even worked long hours when other employees were unable to make it. i took the initiative to go in for them.
A learning experience with customer service
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 19, 2016
This was my first job involving customer service and I learned a lot in the 5 years I've worked their. I enjoyed interacting with customers and helping them with what they needed. The only difficult part of the job was dealing with irate customers who refused to listen to the reasoning I gave them. I worked with a very friendly staff but at times I did feel like management was lackluster.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
management
Great People to work for and with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 18, 2016
I interacted with every customer and helped them to the best of my ability to find what they were looking for.
I learned their Point of Sale system and different Sears programs.
My boss treated me with the utmost respect as did the other managers.
My co-workers were a pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of the job was selling rapid credits to customers(Sears MasterCard).
I loved my customers and enjoyed working with the public.
lacking management direction
Sales Consultant Home Furnishing Div. (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSSeptember 21, 2016
The work environment was mostly negative. A lot of employee complaining about the management being ineffective.
The staff was very concerned about the companies financial viability.
Pros
Nice products
Cons
Poor management structure.
great people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 18, 2016
I loved working here because got to interact with customers.
typical day is busy and I learned then about how to effectively be agreat sales associate. by being professional, reliable and paying attention to detail in order to prevent discrepencies.
Productive and Fun workplace
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 17, 2016
It's a fun and productive workplace. They really care about you as an employee. The salaries is good including the benefits. The work isn't as hard it goes according to your capability. If there is a problem they are willing to try and accommodate you accordingly.
Working with a great team of people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eastgate, Hamilton OntarioOctober 26, 2015
I enjoy coming into work each day, experiencing new challenges, and continuing to develop new skills in the retail sector. Co-workers are always friendly and helpful, demonstrating great team work, who are willing to share knowledge and skills. The management team members are very supportive and are willing to listen to problems and issues, and to find a solution to remedy the situation. The managers show by example, through their hard work, and are always willing to pitch in to help. While some of the clientele can be challenging at times, the majority of our customers are pleasant and amiable and leave the store happy and satisfied by the service they have received.
Pros
fellow workers (both associates and management)
Cons
nil
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Working in management level to ensure all the goals and expectations are met in collaboration with senior leaders and associates.
This was a fun and interactive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 17, 2016
A typical day at working here was booking appointments, or talking photos of clients and their families. I learned a lot about interacting with customers, and how to pose people for shots. I found the hardest part of the job was trying to get some of the younger kids to smile for the photo.
Pros
Getting to work with kids
Cons
Long periods of no work
Conducive to work with
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2016
always provide training for the advancement of the employees every year to produce quality workers and effective employees
Pros
reward employees
fun work place, people were very nice
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSFebruary 12, 2016
My typical day of work would be ordering to make sure the store had all of the updated models and any that were going to be on sale for display. also had to make sure the work environment was clean and safe. made signs and had to order and ring in sales. I learned how to multitask, and learned all information about our craftsman products. My co-workers were very pleasant to work with and we all got along great. The hardest part of the job was stock, because everything was so large and heavy to move. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers.
Pros
the people i worked with were so easy to get along with and friendly
Cons
long christmas hours
Fun and promising company
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 30, 2016
Sears is a great company to work for. From the management team to the co-workers, everyone is extremely helpful and hardworking. Not only did I gain practical experience from Sears, but I also received outstanding costumer service and communication skills. It was delightful working for such a welcoming company.
Organized and care about their employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I find this workplace to have a good management team that cares about the employees' well-being. Frequently have events for employees such as pizza parties and potlucks.
productive and fun place to work
heavy duity mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2015
Built drilling rigs for the oil company's
very hard work but very rewarding
Pay there was good
benefits were pretty good
Pros
exelant pay
Cons
very long hours
Great Company with a strong Heritage of 60+yrs Retailing
Sr Merchandise Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 4, 2016
Lot of challenges in running day to day business which helps a retail professional to learn on day to day basis, on facing and sailing through the challenges thrown in front of you .
Great colleagues with strong experience to learn from .
Sometimes it can be chaotic but that's expected from a company which is trying to reinvent it self with a strong 60+yrs of retailing heritage .
Great coworkers but poor management.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BCAugust 17, 2016
Solid place to work with a great environment and great coworkers. Increasing emphasis on in store credit cards ultimately took away from customer service.
Pros
Great Coworkers and environment
Cons
Misplaced priorities
Fun workplace
Merchandise Presentation Associate (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCFebruary 5, 2016
i learned to work as a team. The management is very okay. My co-workers were very accommodating. i really enjoyed working there although it was a seasonal employment for me but it was cool.
Pros
good employee discount
I enjoy my job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Haliburton, ONSeptember 6, 2016
Working at sears is a joy! i enjoy selling things and bringing in customers. I go to work with a smile on my face and enjoy the day i have.
My bosses are very understandable and reasonable people and i enjoy working with them!
Pros
reasonable bosses

2.9