Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,502 reviews matching the search
Love my job, but the hours and the environment is...
Merchandise Presentation Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 November 2016
For the first two weeks, i was getting lots of hours and I loved that. But after that, i only get 5 hours a week. I talked to my manager 3 different times but the only thing she says is that's all she can give. But she and one of our team member who is her personal close friend would always be working together, and anything her friend says about the schedule, the manager approves which is unfair. And I see that they're still hiring when all they can give us, 2 new associates in her team, is either 4 or 5 hours. Although, I love my job, the hours go by really fast.
Pros
good salary, time goes by fast
Cons
max of 5 hours a week, personal relationships with team members affect the workplace
Wouldn't recommend
Buying Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
Lack of planning and outside of the box thinking has held Sears back for decades. Talent comes and goes yet they can seem to change, as the senior management refuses to adopt to 21st century consumer expectations. Growth, culture... no more words necessary. Even with their more recent revamps on the brand, it's still not enough in the eyes of the consumer as the store experience remains constant.
Nice work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB25 November 2016
Working with customers and coworkers very important to the company. Qualification of management very nice and competent. Easy to work and easy to learn.
overall, great workplace ambiance
SALES REPRESENTATIVE, CUSTOMER CARE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2016
I learned many skills at this firm, especially client services and customer care. It helped me learn and improve my skills. I was also able to gain many new experience regarding customer service as a sales represantative.
Pros
employee benefits and great co workers
Cons
less hours
Cashier
Sales associate in hardware (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC21 November 2016
Stocked shelves
Helped customers
Organized furniture
Sold products
Cleaned floors
Closed
Opened
Share information of products with customers
Order items online
Easy to work there
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 November 2016
day was simple since we were an outlet store everything was cheaper and the rules were more relaxed. I learnt a lot about customer service. management was fair, co workers were awesome we still keep in contact today after it has been closed for 1.5 years. hardest part was dealing with unruly customers the most enjoyable part was the atmosphere.
Pros
Lunch days, bbqs, negotiable hours
Cons
short shifts
Easy, flexible job
Metro Employee (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON20 November 2016
You can essentially pick your hours as a part timer, the managers are respectful and knowledgeable. As long as you get your work done on time you will enjoy your shift. However, the pay is low
always enjoyed working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2016
I worked for Sears 24 years as a sales associate mostly in appliances mattresses and Hardware. I always enjoyed the work and made a lot of friends along the way A typical starts with ensuring the department is clean and ready for store opening.

After the store opens the real work starts, helping customers by answering their questions and endeavoring to sell them the items that they are inquiring about.
Pros
mostly given lots of space to do the job expected of us.
Cons
could get a little tedious if things were slow. fortunately that didn't happen very often
Typical Retail Workplace
Replenishment and Maintanence (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 November 2016
Often shift times vary from morning to afternoon or afternoon to close regardless of position. The environment is very multicultural in all departments. The jobs available in store are what you would expect an average retail location to offer.
Work Experience
(part-time) Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 November 2016
Overall I gained a great sales and retail experience whilst working at Sears. The hardest part of the job was having to sign customers up for the Sears Master card as most of them didn't want it and already have a credit card.
sold perfume
Counter Supervisor and Beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
sold perfume everyday, had to make qutoa, set up new fragrances the hardest part of the job was the rude customers the most enjoyable part of my job was my coworkers
Good job and not stressful
Counter Manager Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 November 2016
Sears was not as fast paced as other jobs I have had but the clientele was always pleasant and willing to listen to any advice.
The best part of the job was that the people who worked there were all very friendly and cooperative in the work environment.
Very Poor Mangement
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON9 November 2016
awful place to work, very stressful and no support from management. as soon as you get to work the drama begins, co-workers are hit and miss some are really good and some are really bad. I don't enjoy anything about sears, wait maybe the discount.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Environment, Stressful
Great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 November 2016
Yeah it was a great place for a part time job at Christmas time. Management was easygoing and perfectly understanding when it came down to my schooling.
Love working here!
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 November 2016
Working at sears portrait studio is amazing just because i get to meet someone new everyday and I learn a bit more about new cultures.
Pros
Making people smile
Great selling culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB8 November 2016
Great employees to work with .Management lacks team work and commodore .Good benefits and work /life balance is recognized and practised . The selling culture is one of honesty and product knowledge is passed on to customers.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low wages
Nice place to work at
Dispatcher Contractor's Desk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
A good place to work at the management could improve a lot there is never a pay increase and the danger of loosing job due to company closure is very imminent
Nice place to work but slowly changning
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON6 November 2016
Work days are pretty average. Unload a truck and put stock away. Hardest part of the job is working alone all the time. The most enjoyable part is the people who work there. Although it has become really customer based and not very employee focused.
flexible schedules great work life balance
Customer Service Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2016
I enjoyed being able to have a flexible schedule. During my time I
made great relationships with both customers and coworkers.
Everyone was easy to work with and well organized
Overall a good company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Home Appliances3 November 2016
Typical day is .Managed to hold the floor , with customers needs, questions, resolving problems .ANSWER phone calls .Attending customers sales , cash transaction.reservations etc.
Pros
Good payment system, and reward program.
Cons
Too many employees in the department.

2.9