Sears Employee Reviews

company that cared for employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2018
providing information to customers about appliances
attending phone calls
solving customer issues
changing sign for next sale
very helpful management
best part when you close a big sale and customers appreciate your service and knowledge
Pros
good compansation
Cons
when we were in slow time, not busy
nice and calm
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 January 2018
nice place to work, flexible schedule for students
friendly staff, the manager are very understandable. relax work place expect for work days. not much place for growth in the company
Working at Sears.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 January 2018
Sears was a wonderful store. I met some great people. The work was hard, and the pay was not the greatest.. Lack of hours made it hard to make a living.
Fun working here...
Admin Assistant / Sales Floor Associate, Part Time (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON20 January 2018
I love working at Sears ... I learned how to bra fit .. Our manager is always there to help if we need one... if we need a day off he just smiled and said "No Problem"
Pros
Every end of the month we get free food
Cons
Good hours
Fun workplace and team work its great experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 January 2018
. The last two days of store closing is too typical its crazy their.People were coming and see the left stock and they just put the things anywhere.
. I learned a lot of things when i was the part of the team like how to work in team, Handling customers properly,do the things and put at right place in a short period of time.
. Management is very good.They manage each and everything properly in well-mannered.
. There was very nice and great culture.I worked with Philippine,Indian,Indonesia and many more country people.All I said is very good and nice culture.
.There was no hardest part of my job, everyone work hard and did everything together.
. The most enjoyable part when we were doing signing in night time and moving stock that is the good part of my job which i enjoyed alot.
Pros
Yes occacinally they gave us the pizza party
Cons
Yes sometimes we stayed long for signing or stocking
An Unfortunate End
Professional Major Appliance Sales (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 January 2018
I enjoyed my Sears life..providing great customer service and hearing about the results.i.e customers sending me photos of their newly completed kitchen with the appliances I assisted in selecting gave me the greatest satisfaction.

Extensive training provided by our suppliers helped me gain the needed product knowledge to perform well.

Working with Builders,Real Estate Agents and Kitchen Designers to build a significant loyal customer base.

Team work was very crucial in our job..you never know everything so bouncing ideas and questions off one another was great.We were more like family..working together more than 10 years build a bond.

Losing Sears was like missing a part of my life and family.
work in sears was fun
Sales Associate, receiving (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 January 2018
In the first day I was nervous a little bit because it's a new place for me , then everything was good people, mangers and the customers. the hardest part was if you have something heavy to lift it and the most enjoyable part was everyone there was respectful.
Fun team spirited company
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB17 January 2018
Although there were some slow times there was always work to be done. Very enjoyable place to work one of my favorites for sure. Customers were great and I loved the team spirit with in the end I have made several new friends.
Pros
flexable scheudle
Cons
understaffed
Fun place to work. Nice people
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON17 January 2018
Great workplace, hardest thing about the job was the strict hours and by strict hours I mean it is hard to change your hours. So just be sure about your hours before giving to the management
Pros
Great people
Cons
Strict hours
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 January 2018
Worked on a large variety of vehicles imports and domestics alike.
All employees were eager to assist each other to get the job done.
Sorry to see Sears leave the Automotive repair sector.
Fellow workers made the experience enjoyable, unfortunately bad management
Warehouse Worker/Reconditioner (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 January 2018
Loved the people i worked with and the job itself, always was on the move which made a day to day experience different however the company was poorly managed which resulted in company closure.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 January 2018
Fun place to work, co workers are always great when they show up for work. Hours kinda suck and the pay isn't the greateas. But if you need a job then this place is good for that.
Fun workplace
Sales Floor Associate (Jewelry) (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON16 January 2018
Learned to handle the jewelry dept on my own.
Learned handling the cash register.
Hardest part of the job was to handle too many customers at a time due to store closing.
Pros
Breaks
Stock – Sale association
Stock and sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 January 2018
• Working with garments on a daily basis, including shipment processing, stocking, displays, merchandising all to the warehouse visual guidelines to maximize selling opportunities.
• Handle all customer questions or concerns, ensuring transaction accuracy and issuing receipts and as a stock person to assist the staff in all matters regarding: merchandising of deliveries, tagging stock and serving customers to the best of their ability.
Equal opportunity employer
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC15 January 2018
I feel at this time hard to give a review but for the years I worked at Sears I enjoyed the work and found them on par with other retail outlets. The people that worked for this company made it fun .
The company was flexible with hours and willing to accommodate homemakers, students and people with other jobs.
Almost a good company
Dock Management Flow Team (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 January 2018
management is terrible
not organized with schedules and keeps forgetting about availability forms we sent out

management does not know how to allot tasks and is very scattered with the priorities
no benefits
no Union
no healthcare

The only thing worth noting is they reimburse any form of injury and safety shoes
Pros
good company
Cons
terrible management
Was a good company to work for as technician
Parts Counter Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON, Barrie, ON14 January 2018
Was a good company to work for as technician. At one time this company lead the pack. Unfortunatly over the years of misspending and poor management decisions the decline of Sears Canada began.
Great Environment
Part-Time Sales Associate/Cashier, Oakville (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON14 January 2018
I worked at the Sears Oakville Place for a couple of months and it was a good experience. I've gone through the liquidation with them which was pretty hectic, however, overall it was good.
good staff
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL13 January 2018
for the most part the staff was great. some of the management at some locations were difficult to talk to. Sometimes I had the role of manager on Duty where I would take all manager calls and a lot more pressure / responsibility but there was no difference in pay for the large amount of responsibilty placed on me without my approval.
Great place to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 January 2018
Honestly one the best places to work at. Great managment and great co-workers. Got to Move up with the company and just loved every shift and everyone in there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

55K