Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,538 reviews matching the search
productive,you are part of the team
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 March 2017
work seasonal over Christmas, enjoyed it very much.
A good company to work for.
Good pay, the management was vert supportive,
I liked helping customers on the floor, with helping them fine
want they needed. just making the customers happy with the best
service I could givr
Fun work environment.
Forklift Operator/ Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2017
We would load and unload trailers every night. The work environment was fun and energetic. Management was good and always willing to help as we needed it. The hardest part was unloading trailers and the best part was the co-workers.
Pros
Monthly BBQs
Cons
Tiring work
always enjoyed working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2016
I worked for Sears 24 years as a sales associate mostly in appliances mattresses and Hardware. I always enjoyed the work and made a lot of friends along the way A typical starts with ensuring the department is clean and ready for store opening.

After the store opens the real work starts, helping customers by answering their questions and endeavoring to sell them the items that they are inquiring about.
Pros
mostly given lots of space to do the job expected of us.
Cons
could get a little tedious if things were slow. fortunately that didn't happen very often
a good place to work
Sales Associate/Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 March 2017
During my time I found the associates were wonderful but a lot of demands by the management considering its a minimum wage job. At times very hectic due to organizational over sights.
Productiv and fun work place
Part Time. Various positions (Former Employee) –  CA9 October 2016
We would start the day off by unloading the trailer pulling off the costumer orders and paring the resets, so that later on we could call and let them know there item had arrived. At 7:30 we would go out to do the morning meeting to discuses what was going on for the day, then we would head to our respected areas. In receiving we would unload the rest of the trailer and prep it to go to the floor. I learned well working for Sears better social skills and costumer serves skills. My managers where amazing and vary understanding, they helped me with my focus because I would get distracted with helping others co-worker or costumers out. My co-worker where fun and full of life. I enjoyed all parts of the jobs did and still wish I was doing them. If I could I would go back in a hart beat. I would also recommend it to any one looking.
Pros
Grate people
Cons
I have non
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 June 2016
A typical day consists of helping customers on the floor, cleaning the tables and making sure everything is hung accordingly as well as assisting customers in the fitting room. I learned about attention to detail from working at sears. There was an amicable comradery between managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not being able to find what the customer wants in store whereas the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to brighten their day.
Cons
A healthy and fun-filled environment.
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 January 2017
The people were really supportive and encouraging which made me work more harder and with enthusiasm. Basically, Sears taught me a lot about customer services and improved my skills of handling them and providing them with the most satisfied service ever. The best part is that you get to meet so many people and learn so much from them. By far, Sears has helped me grow as a person by improving my communication and interpersonal skills.
Stock person
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 January 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at Sears. Although it was career start work experience I enjoyed the other employees as well as the managers. The job was very exciting and would have loved to stay on further.
Pros
experience
Cons
career starts
This was the worst place I have EVER worked.
Merchandise Flow Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB15 August 2016
To start of I am a little biased because in a about a month I will be on the street because of this company. I had been working there for over two years and it was generally okay considering Sears is slowly dying and the pay is low so they don't attract the best people that work there. But when I came into work and was told that my job was no more because o a "restructuring" I don't really know what goes through these corporate nuts heads but my job was merchandise flow and inventory so they have to replace me with someone else so how is that a restructuring? Thanks for nothing SEARS
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Disrespectful and rude management
good work envirnment with good people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, YT28 December 2016
fast paced work envirnment which taught time management skills and multi-task skills. management reasonable. exellent co-workers.customers could be challenging at times. good job with great co-workers
Pros
work envirnment
Cons
some technicians were difficult
Alright for part time job
Receptionist / Photographer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2017
Depending on which sears you work in the clientele is very different, meaning you will encounter all kinds of customers. Management and the job itself is alright, not bad not great. The customers are always the worst part.
My Experience
Parts Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  2200 Islington Ave., Etobicoke, Ontario12 July 2016
A typical day at Sears Parts and Service starts off quietly with a few customers. There are many duties the store itself requires. The staff members are allocated to their sections and the store display is maintained throughout their working day; signage is adjacent to the merchandise regular and sale prices; researching or returning part selections and point of sale entries.

The Sears culture of commitment, and customer loyalty takes priority as low or high volume of customers enter the store.

I learned a management position requires much studious dedication starting with customer concerns, store presentation, point if sale reports, scheduling, and most importantly employee coaching.

The biggest adjustment for work in progress. There are goals and future deadlines

The future deadlines I have trouble excepting, as a developed attitude of finishing what I started by not putting off until tomorrow ensues.
Pros
I don't sit stationary, I move around
Cons
swiping out, when a future dated project is incompleted
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  290 Yonge Street3 January 2017
On a shift basis I was responsible for...

 Managing men, women, and kids watches, jewelry, women’s clothing, cash, customer service in person and over the phone
 Administered bill payments for customers, as well as, responsible for taking accurate inventory of clothes and jewelry/watches
 Mark down prices for merchandise throughout the store on a weekly basis
Pros
The other Associates I worked with...they made it all worth it
Cons
Unappreciative Managment
Demanding but supported
Corporate Delivery Assistant- Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 March 2017
calls into call centre as complaints on delivery service from coast to coast. Most who complained were right in doing so, but some were not, good for developing a thick skin with verbal abusive language and impossible demands from customers on a daily, minute by minute basis. We had the authority to compensate problems.
Pros
day shift, great co-workers
Cons
layoffs at anytime
Good for a part timer
transfer sales, enquiries regarding our products (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 March 2017
The people I worked with made it worth working for and being there. Management worked well around my school schedule and I was quite happy for some time.
Nice work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON28 February 2017
It's a basic, and easy to understand workplace. Staff and management are very nice! Every department is easy enough to understand. Training is really quick, and basic.
Pros
Great staff & work enviroment
Cons
hours, and wages
Good
Sales team lead. Merchandise team lead (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 October 2016
Receiving new merchandise and locating it onto the floor,putting merchandise out according to season. Asa a member of the management team I would work with the associates to make sure job was done right. The hardest part of my job was dealing with customer complaints and most enjoyable was working with the employees
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Experience not appreciated
good company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 February 2017
it is a good company to work for, however change and communication of changes could be better. Managers are open to hear improvements but the culture needs a fix, lots of old employees stuck in the old ways of doing things
Decent place to work at
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2017
not the most exciting job management are not the most helpful people when it comes to solving employees problems. Not a lot of training provided with computer software and new systems.
Allowed Me To Gain Experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Multiple Locations7 February 2017
Working for any retail store can be a task. We all know the deal with Sears closing stores out. But despite the economical difficulties this company faces, they still try to do their best. I was fortunate enough to work with great staff both in Calgary & Halifax. As far as I'm concerned, Sears is a great company nation-wide.
Pros
Great Staff, Good Lifestyle Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9