Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,343 reviews matching the search
Would still be working there if Sears had not closed
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 13, 2016
My time at Sears was overall a good experience. I enjoyed how all the employees got along and interacted with one another. There was always help if there was a question to be asked. And fair with schedules. The Management was great and got involved with the store and involved the employees with ideas relating to the Store.
Pros
Free lunches, Relaxed environment
Cons
When it wasn't busy
Good Work Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2016
Work place is good.
Co-workers are cooperative and helpful.
I learned about managing Cash Register, Handling Cash, improve my customer service skills
Pros
Good Work Environment
Cons
Low Salary
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, ABMarch 6, 2016
Its amazing to work with sears. My reason to look for new job is that there is no growing opportunities.
Management team and co workers are very nice and understandable
I have learned how to up sell an item or add an item to their purchase.
Will not work again
Merchandise Presentation Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMarch 8, 2016
Management is very bad! They only hire you until the the end of your probation and if it is passed your probation they force you to quit!
Good place, Good people
Outbound Call Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 13, 2016
Like I wrote above, the job was cold-calling people and selling guarantees on their sears appliances, and despite that it was an enjoyable job because of the people who worked there and the amenities they had in the offices.
Pros
Good cafeteria, fun people to work with, good management, good pay
Cons
trying to sell guarantees on some appliances that cost as much as the guarantee.
Productive Work Environment
Parts Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, OntarioJuly 10, 2016
A typical day at Sears Parts and Service starts off quietly with a few customers. There are many duties the store itself requires. The staff members are allocated to their sections and the store display is maintained throughout their working day; signage is adjacent to the merchandise regular and sale prices; researching or returning part selections and point of sale entries.

The Sears culture of commitment, and customer loyalty takes priority as low or high volume of customers enter the store.

I learned a management position requires much studious dedication starting with customer concerns, store presentation, point of sale reports, scheduling, and most importantly employee coaching.

My biggest adjustment is balancing duties, requiring attention, and considered a work in progress. There are goals and future deadlines
The future deadlines I have trouble excepting, as a developed attitude of finishing what I started by not putting off until tomorrow ensues.

The most enjoyable part of employment with Sears is the stimulus of
coaching, and suiting Customer service representatives with day to day functions
Pros
Linked team environment
Cons
Implementing a team environment when an employee puts and I into our work culture.
easy fun job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg manitobaMarch 7, 2016
i love being outdoors so working to outdoors garden centre was a fun experience. rain or shine i worked. even worked long hours when other employees were unable to make it. i took the initiative to go in for them.
Poorly Managed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 18, 2016
Sears' official policy is firmly entrenched in the past. Managers are poorly paid and it is evident they could not be successful elsewhere. The company's official stance is that anyone can be trained for any job which completely disregards the inherent attributes of all people. The term Human Resource is wasted here.
Cons
No Reall recognition for doing a job properly. Competence is not a requirement
Working with a great team of people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eastgate, Hamilton OntarioOctober 26, 2015
I enjoy coming into work each day, experiencing new challenges, and continuing to develop new skills in the retail sector. Co-workers are always friendly and helpful, demonstrating great team work, who are willing to share knowledge and skills. The management team members are very supportive and are willing to listen to problems and issues, and to find a solution to remedy the situation. The managers show by example, through their hard work, and are always willing to pitch in to help. While some of the clientele can be challenging at times, the majority of our customers are pleasant and amiable and leave the store happy and satisfied by the service they have received.
Pros
fellow workers (both associates and management)
Cons
nil
Associates felt like family, part of the community.
Senior Manager Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 10, 2016
A typical day was preparing for the mornings quickhit meeting, reviewing previous days results and motivating and informing the sales team of the days targets: sales, and account acquisitions. I was on the selling floor providing customer service, monitoring associates performance and reviewing store standards: merchandising presentation, in store signing accuracy and product replenishment. What I learned the most was about people, customers, co workers, and associates how they interact with each other and how day to day interactions can improve the customers experience and improve associate knowledge. I was part of a strong management team that supported one in other to achieve store results. The most difficult part of the job was at times not able to resolve customer disappointment in product failure, warranty issues, service and delivery concerns. The most enjoyable part of the job was long time customer loyalty and the satisfaction of helping customers and building relationships with customers and staff.
Pros
Associate engagement in celebrating great performance and recognitionawarded..
Cons
Extended hours for earlier openings and later closings with less management coverage at times.
Needs Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJuly 10, 2016
Management Team, worked cohesively together. Definitive and consistent direction/communication with the GM at that time was lacking. Employee survey of satisfaction for whole store 43% out of 100%.
Pros
Management and Staff worked well together for the most part
Cons
GM was inconsistent with expectations, unprofessional with approach in addressing areas of opportunity.
productive and fun place to work
heavy duity mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2015
Built drilling rigs for the oil company's
very hard work but very rewarding
Pay there was good
benefits were pretty good
Pros
exelant pay
Cons
very long hours
Productive and friendly workplace.
Sales Associate - Appliances & Hardware Dept. (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONJune 13, 2016
Sears is a fun place to work; I worked in the hardware department for over four years as well as selling Major Appliances for a period of time.

Each day was quite interesting as new shipments arrived to be placed in inventory all the while welcoming and assisting the steady stream of customers who arrived daily searching for a host of different products available be it lawn tractors, mowers, appliances and much more. Product training was available and welcomed on all major products enabling sales associates to remain current and knowledgeable while discussing product features with customers. The more product training available, the more we learned.

Co-workers, as well as management in our respective departments, were very helpful and worked quite well together as we all had the same goal in mind; excellent customer service resulted in repeat customer business.

While there were no appreciable hard parts to the job, the most enjoyable part of being a member of the sales team at Sears was in welcoming customers, asking questions as well as answering all questions and, finally, assisting those customers with making their purchase.
Pros
Very nice people to work with; very friendly and helpful.
Cons
Job Security
Fun filled working enviroment
Associate Buyer - Furniture (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2016
Something new is learnt each and everyday. It is always fun having to resolve issues for store associate and helping them close a sale. I work with people who are more less like family. I enjoy coming to work on a daily base.
Pros
We have team Pizza Lunches every Month.
Cons
Just like every work, it can sometimes get stressful with the work load.
Great Job for the Right Person
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2016
Have worked for the company for a long time, and sometimes feel like I care more about the job and the customers then the managers in the company do.

Other than that, it is commission based and if you are willing to put in the time and effort to grow your own business, you can do well for income. if you are not good with people, you will struggle.
Good Product knowledge sharing, good public relations experience
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2016
- In the business of retail, change is a daily occurrence.
- New programs are implemented, along with new policies.
- Being adaptable is key.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
- The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Long hours, too much travel
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Working in management level to ensure all the goals and expectations are met in collaboration with senior leaders and associates.
fun work place, people were very nice
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSFebruary 12, 2016
My typical day of work would be ordering to make sure the store had all of the updated models and any that were going to be on sale for display. also had to make sure the work environment was clean and safe. made signs and had to order and ring in sales. I learned how to multitask, and learned all information about our craftsman products. My co-workers were very pleasant to work with and we all got along great. The hardest part of the job was stock, because everything was so large and heavy to move. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers.
Pros
the people i worked with were so easy to get along with and friendly
Cons
long christmas hours
Conducive to work with
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2016
always provide training for the advancement of the employees every year to produce quality workers and effective employees
Pros
reward employees
Organized and care about their employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I find this workplace to have a good management team that cares about the employees' well-being. Frequently have events for employees such as pizza parties and potlucks.

2.9