Sears
8,352 reviews

Sears Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A dynamic and exciting envoronment
Optical Store Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: personal and technical growth
Cons: little training provided
This job has been a huge challenge and a wonderful learning experience. I have acquired skills as a dispensing optician while also learning the computer systems and management systems at Sears Optical. It has been very exciting and set my career path for many years to come.
I enjoy working with Sears.
Customer Sales Department (Current Employee), Promenade MallSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: once a month they choose employee of the mo.and they gave us free treats
Cons: short hours
As a new Sales Associate, they welcome me with an open arms. May co workers are very supportive, especially the managers. They always thank you for a job well done even if you made mistakes they taught me how to deal with it.
working and communicating with well with clients.
Cashier/Salesperson (Former Employee), anjou. QuebecSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free breaks, great supervisor, and the staff, great location
Cons: didn.t enjoy working with some co-workers
I learned alot of bed sheets , sizes of sheets, the deepness of mattress and the fitness of sheets.
Above all that l also learned to offer better customer service with great etticate to potential clients.
good first job
Road Technician (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONSeptember 3, 2014
working on commission isn't for everyone so be aware. long hours and 6 days a week
sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCAugust 27, 2014
- Contacting Sears customers across Canada and sell protection plans on the devices.
- Use the guidelines and procedures for communicating with customers, sell the features and benefits of protection plans.
- Introduce additional products and services.
- Answer customer questions and follow-up.
- Participate in sessions on product knowledge and other – more... training programs. – less
positive energy,productive
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Eaton, ONAugust 26, 2014
Had a great experience, learned a lot,supportive management,friendly
co-workers,high expectations.
Staff bbqs
Loss Prevention Lead (Current Employee), Kamloops BCAugust 22, 2014
Pros: staf bbqs
Cons: internals
Working at Sears was a fun place to work,learned a lot about retail,have good reprator with Police,hardest part was internal investigations but are nessacery,co workers are great
great at first,but after few months hours cut way back.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Belleville, ONAugust 21, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: lack of hours
The lack of hours and interaction of other staff. Was not bad but I needed a more secure job and a job I could better ulilize my skills and personality. Plus I did not do well being attached to a phone all day.
customer service representative
Sales Associate (Former Employee), coquitlam, bcAugust 20, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: low wages and less hours
I have learned customer service skills. As well, staff members were fun to work with.
productive and challenging environment
Warehouse assistant (Former Employee), Montreal, QcAugust 19, 2014
A typical day of work consisted of preparing large orders for all stores in the region. I have learned management skills with organization skills. The hardest part of the job had to be the short deadlines. the most enjoyable part of the job was the professional environment.
Interacting with public is interesting work.
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee), North Vancouver, BCAugust 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
I enjoy the part time work.
Helping customers is an important part of the job.
Fun place to work
Loss Prevention/Health and Safety Manager (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long hours
Good work place
Fun and friendly staff
Good experience
Good knowledge of in a security job
Unhappy work environment
Counter Manager Lancome (Former Employee), OakvilleAugust 11, 2014
Pros: gratis and line training
Cons: management, work place harassment
The counter manager position meant that you had to be in charge of all the employees working at your counter, making sure the counter met it's required goals, setting up visuals and displays, inventory, counter events and mainly helping with the customers!

The greatest part and most rewarding was the customers that came in and seeing all the new amazing – more... products every season. The schools Lancome provided were generous and educational.

The most difficult part was working with Sears. The girls in cosmetics were extremely competitive especially when it came down to the measly commission during gift time. Cattiness, gossip and bullying prevailed. The HR did nothing as they would play favorites and management cared more about breaks.

There was absolutely no job security and when questioning Sears one would be ostracized and sent to the office for a "talking too". When you didn't make counter goals you were made to feel incompetent. Many times they would not allow me to spend time with my kids and the dept manager even scheduled me to work holidays even though I was single with many children. Again, it was about favorites. Inevitably I left due to an auto accident but even then I was denied disability for many months and Morneau Shepell the company used to intercede on behalf of the store and employee would harass me daily about return to work. Lastly, there would never be an opportunity for advancement or pay raise as they are on a pay raise freeze and have been for years

I eventually found out that most of the managers were laid off and others left the department which didn't surprise me. If the company cared more about ethical treatment of their employees I think everyone would be happier to work there and it may have been a success.

I do wish Sears much luck as they used to be a great company. – less
every associate is good, but poor management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONAugust 11, 2014
Pros: everyone is friendly, like a family
Cons: strict management, everyone is treated as a collect machine of sears card ( a credit card)
Manager is easier to be fired honestly, no matter how long you have worked there.
Fun workplace with great staff!
Hardware Salesperson (Former Employee), winnipeg, mbAugust 11, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks
Cons: management is basically a popularity contest.
I learned how to assemble snowblowers and lawnmowers, I efficiently handled cash.
Challenging, Great staff, Team environment, Fast-paced
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), ScarboroughAugust 10, 2014
I have worked for Sears in total 10 Years. I love the environment along with the customers and staff.
Great co-workers
Technical Parts and Service/ Executive Team (Former Employee), Belleville, OntarioAugust 8, 2014
Typical day would be answering customer calls and setting up service calls or selling major appliance parts, lawn/garden parts and tools. Upselling promotional items when possible. Addressing customer complaints and trying to resolve them.
I learned a lot about major appliances and lawn and garden equipment parts, how they worked also how to resolve – more... some mechanical issues that may occur with them.
My co-workers were great to work with, fun and helpful.
Hardest part of the job was listening to a customers complaints and not being able to resolve it efficiently, part delays, service delays. Not being fully appreciated by upper management and not being paid fairly for the job description, the job description changed constantly adding more tasks with no pay raise.
Selling parts to customers and learning about the different appliances and equipment

While on contract on the Executive team I was able to resolve all customer issues as I saw fit. Handled BBB cases, and cases that came from upper managment. – less
Supervisor was cool
shipping and receiving (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 8, 2014
Pros: no overnight shifts
Cons: no full time hours
Supervisor was an easy going guy, but when work needed to be done he let us know in a stern tone. For the most part though he made my time at Sears enjoyable.
Exciting work environment
Merchandise Presentation Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg,CanadaAugust 4, 2014
I am enjoying working at SEARS because of the management and co-workers that are very kind and supportive to all the people participating in the work place.
great job and benifits
materials handler (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches every second saturday
great co workers, day to day jobs and responsibilities are varied and of a wide range this job is perfect for individuals who are willing to do what it takes to get a job done.

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more