Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,665 reviews matching the search
Fun, accepting place
Divert Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 April 2017
As a divert worker at sears there was a lot of folding paper, and door greeting. there was always something to do, and I always had fun. Managers here awesome, and always there for yoy.
Very big company, they have no idea who you are
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 April 2017
I started out my retail career here and the managers had no idea who I was. When I left they were in the beginning of changing things, like providing more training. Hopefully improving.
Very nice place to work
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
Typical day at work was busy everyday. I really enjoyed the physical part of the job. All staff where super friendly nice and helpful with training and learner.
Pros
job was close to my community
Cons
evenings
busy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON12 April 2017
It was a first time experience with working in a factory sort of setting. I got to meet and work with a very wide variety of people. I enjoyed the training that we went through prior to being live on the pones with the customers. Very helpfull training.
Pros
store discount
Cons
shift work
Productive.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 April 2017
my overall experience at Sears wasn't the greatest. HR was extremely hard to get a hold of if ever there was a situation where I needed to speak with someone.

Management are a bit unorganized and just threw me on to the floor with out instructions, or training. I was hired as a Central Cashier, and spent the first couple of week on the Sales floor.

With that being said this was my first Retail Sales Representative position, of course at first I found this to feel a bit overwhelming especially since I was expected to already know what to do. Luckily I am a quick learner, and very outgoing.

I was hired for Seasonal and received a lot of hours when communicated that I had a lot more availability which for me was a pro. Management was pretty understanding and flexible with scheduling which was good.

Other than that I met some great people while working at Sears, and enjoyed the customer interactions.
Pros
Met some great people, lots of hours.
Cons
Unorganized, lack of communication.
run by an idiot
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 April 2017
The franchise owner was an illeterate douchebag. He gave my job to his drinking buddy who couldnt cut it in sales. My chimney dept was closed a month later as he sucked. I worked hard to run all that stuff and was paid minimum wage and given maximum disrespect!
Pros
zero
Cons
all of it
Staff were wonderful
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 April 2017
I enjoyed 20 years working with Sears Canada Inc. The staff the I managed were a pleasure to work with. The management direction often changed requiring adaptation and flexibility.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not a great work/life balance
Less than satisfactory
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON9 April 2017
While working here the management was not worth the amount that was being paid. the employees were much better than the management. I would not work at this location again.
Pros
Employees
Good working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 April 2017
Management takes employee concerns very seriously but are not always accommodating to employee needs. However, the organizational culture is excellent and it is a safe and fun workplace environment.
Poor management and a chaotic workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2017
Great people to work with but due to a lack or managerial skills it was a nightmare to work there. Schedules were never consistent, lack of training on everything.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Outdated business practices and long hours
Fun place to work. Convenient location
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 April 2017
This section of Sears that I worked for has been closed and no longer exist. I prefer not to review the company since it has been 17 years since I worked there
environnement de travaille agréable
Caissière (Current Employee) –  Quebec City, QC3 April 2017
C'est une bonne endroit, avec une bonne ambiance. Une bonne place. Les employer sont sympathique et les patrons compréhensibles.
Environnement très agréable
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC3 April 2017
J'ai bien sûr appris que de bonnes choses, comme par exemple l'accueil des clients et comment leur proposer nos services. J'avais des collègues très aimables. Je n'avais pas vraiment de tâches difficiles à faire.
Environnement stressante
Conseillère à la vente (Former Employee) –  St.-Georges-de-Beauce, QC2 April 2017
Travail très peu varier et peu de change d'évoluer personnellement dans ce métier
Environnement de travail agréable
Conseillère à la vente (Former Employee) –  Laval (53)2 April 2017
Respect de la disponibilité de l'employé;
Esprit d'équipe.
Pros
Belle expérience dans le service à la clientèle
temporary
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB31 March 2017
i was just a Santa helper for a month during Christmas because they needed extra help while the staff was away for the holidays, and stocking shelves and cloths but it was fun and i had a great experience.
Pros
clean nice well dressed
Cons
temporary
Very productive and fast-paced environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Eton, ON30 March 2017
Sears is an amazing and professional company that caters to making sure customers objective are met thoroughly. I spent 3.5 years with Sears because the company's culture resonated with me as an employee. It helped me do my job because of its professional setting.
Fun
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 March 2017
Everyone i worked with was a amazing group of people. Super kind and made the atmosphere very friendly. When first starting off the company made a very great training system. Probably the best training I've got especially just starting in retail.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Managers could have dealt with problems better
A long time Famous National Brand Company that has been known for generations.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary27 March 2017
A great Company that could have been saved. It's too late for the company as time kept changing and they stood still. A place that does not promote "sense of ownership" and nobody seems to have the authority to make a decision. Every question or decision is referred to the level above, which is then referred again above them, and so forth until it's lost in translation.
Pros
It's the right place if you fit in and think its for you.
Cons
If the Senior Leadership had thought about the company rather than their pockets, a great name could have been saved
packing cleaning
Packing Handlers (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 March 2017
hard working in a team show up on time i work well with others im open to full time or part time days or after noons or nights i perfer my pay 11.40 i perfer to work in a team or by my self is ok to i like packing stocking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9