Sears

11.6K reviews

Sears Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2015
although there is a lot of down time the customers and staff are great
because of the slow times I feel we should only work monday to friday and not Saturday I have to work most Saturdays this is one thing I do not like
Pros
discount
Cons
lunch break to short
Great staff, bad treatment from head office.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CanadaNovember 5, 2015
Fun place to work at with amazing staff, but poor treatment from the higher ups. Constantly pressured to get sales and protection agreements when the store is empty for a majority of the time. Hours get cut significantly and they still expect more. May take awhile to learn all about appliances, mattresses, etc, but still somewhat rewarding.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor treatment from higher ups.
Its a job that will go nowhere
Occupational Health and Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKNovember 4, 2015
Not a very productive company. The manager likes favoritism and harasses employees. I don't like how they run the OHandS department and there are so many hazzards in the store that never got improved.
Fun place to work.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONNovember 4, 2015
The Sears crew was a great bunch of people to work with. The team atmosphere was great. The work was steady but not overly difficult most of the time.
Pros
easy work environment.
Cons
Lack of hours.
a typical day at work
Receiving/Merchandise Presentation Associate (Former Employee) –  ScarboroughNovember 3, 2015
Worked really hard, was always busy, music playing, amazing co workers, reasonable shifts, supportive supervisor,
big company, not all about the numbers, growth and development.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 2, 2015
Other then not enough hours it is a good place to work. The staff and management are very helpful and will work with you, when needed. Training is very easy, if you can stand for extended periods this is a great place to work, one downfall I find is that they push people to hard to get credit applications.
Rate a 5..... yes I would work there again
DECORATING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, Ont.October 27, 2015
Great staff and managers. Lots of time off. Good pay. Fun place to work. Air- cond. in summer. Lots of staff get togethers. The hardest part of job was the slow time of the year.
Sears Electronics Department
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 26, 2015
Working at Sears in Sudbury, Ontario was a learning experience for me. I had not had a sales associates position for electronics prior to this position and I had to quickly read all manuals on the variety of brands and models of products sold in order to give the customers an informed opinion on the products they were considering purchasing. I enjoyed helping the customers, and working towards their satisfaction.
Pros
Teaching seminars were great
Cons
Pay was low
Working with a great team of people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eastgate, Hamilton OntarioOctober 26, 2015
I enjoy coming into work each day, experiencing new challenges, and continuing to develop new skills in the retail sector. Co-workers are always friendly and helpful, demonstrating great team work, who are willing to share knowledge and skills. The management team members are very supportive and are willing to listen to problems and issues, and to find a solution to remedy the situation. The managers show by example, through their hard work, and are always willing to pitch in to help. While some of the clientele can be challenging at times, the majority of our customers are pleasant and amiable and leave the store happy and satisfied by the service they have received.
Pros
fellow workers (both associates and management)
Cons
nil
amazing place to work
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BCOctober 26, 2015
I had so much fun working at sears in the shoe department. I got to try one shoes when the shipment came in! I loved helping out customer pick out shoes that best suit them.
Fun workplace
Catalogue Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBOctober 25, 2015
Sears Canada had great management. We were driven everyday and we worked very well as a team. It was great to be apart of something so great throughout the years.
already given my review
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Already provided my review before great people to work with !e. Family oriented work environment and a great place to work with ! you learn, enjoy, challange yourself to complete difficult tasks and feel the achievement and appreciation
Sears Canada
Senior Merchandiser Operations Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale/BarrieOctober 23, 2015
Great people to work with, But work life balance is out the window, Really well compensated. Alot of Politics and stress with the organization.
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Expected to work long hours
Friendly and Productive Work Environment
Sales Assciate (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ONOctober 21, 2015
An excellent place to grow and develop your customer service, teamwork, and organizational skills.

Management is very professional and also understanding of their employees' and customer's needs. Overall, a great place to work for.
friendly environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONOctober 20, 2015
Handled inbound calls regarding the installation and selling appliances via phone or website.over all a very friendly environment.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
nothing really
Great Place to Work
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  OakvilleOctober 15, 2015
Good Management and great culture to grow with. Customer Service is the important part of business operation, Friendly work environment and every one respect each team member. Everyone is here to support each other.
Pros
Opportunity to work with top management
Cons
Financial problems
Manage
Logistics Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
I manage and work with my teams to satisfy our customers daily. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people. I have vast knowledge in warehousing and transportation and the key to success in this field of work is people and not to over complicate things as in the end it is just a box with stuff going in and stuff going out.
Cons
Great enviroment, work load consistant.
FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 14, 2015
Very enjoyable work place with a decent amount of employees working per department. There was a great set of management who set out reasonable goals for the store. Their main focus was for us to attend to customers and ask if we could help them out in finding what they were looking for. It was quite an easy process signing in and starting your shift. Breaks were fait timing and the fact the store was located in mall was a plus. As holidays or major sales came around the work flow got a bit busy but overall it was a wonderful experience.
Pros
Rewarded when sales were exceeded during holidays.
Cons
Super early mornign shifts.
excellent management guidance and great co-workers, loved Commission Sales, very rewarding
Commission Furniture Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, OnOctober 13, 2015
loved working for Sears, great working environment with co-workers, commission sales and helped customer with decorating choices at store and off-site at customers homes, built a real relationship with my clients to build repeat business and referrals. With the Managers guidance and great leadership we became the top sears store for $11 million in Sales. Trained new sales co-workers, and did teaching, training for St Lawrence School students night classes in Sears store location for three years voluntarily on my own time. Excellent in Customer Service.
Pros
great fullfilling expperience with clients, great management team
Cons
open everyday but xmas day so long hours but very financially rewarding
Quiet corner of the store.
Catalogue Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABOctober 11, 2015
The co-workers are friendly and the management is helpful. The counter is not very busy so it gets rather boring at times. The employees take yearly online test to improve customer service.
Pros
Discount on items
Cons
Low pay