Sears

11.6K reviews

Sears Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and enjoyable workplace with good co-workers
General Labourer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Sociable, nice work-environment.
Cons: Keeping schedule times appropriate and on time.
A typical day of work varies. You could have a couple days in general managements or warehousing for a company in the mornings - then have a new job during night shifts, power-washing parking lots, or working for moving companies! Very fun!

Co-workers can also very, most are very fun, dedicated to their work, and your bosses are always on your side!

Hardest part of the job, is keeping your time schedules open to switching from job to job opportunities; Easiest part of the job is making new firends, enjoying a sociable environment, and having fun!
Good start off job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brampton, ONNovember 12, 2015
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: no performance appraisals
morning meetings are exciting. team leaders are helpful. discounts are good. no benefits. not much room to grow professionally. upper management needs to communicate more to keep morale up.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 11, 2015
Fun and Enjoyable workplace. Co-workers and Team Leaders are there when you need them. When you first start a job it's a little difficult ,but you just have to ask for help when you need it. Getting the job done right.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: lunch break to short
although there is a lot of down time the customers and staff are great
because of the slow times I feel we should only work monday to friday and not Saturday I have to work most Saturdays this is one thing I do not like
Great staff, bad treatment from head office.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), CanadaNovember 5, 2015
Pros: Great coworkers
Cons: Poor treatment from higher ups.
Fun place to work at with amazing staff, but poor treatment from the higher ups. Constantly pressured to get sales and protection agreements when the store is empty for a majority of the time. Hours get cut significantly and they still expect more. May take awhile to learn all about appliances, mattresses, etc, but still somewhat rewarding.
Its a job that will go nowhere
Occupational Health and Safety Officer (Former Employee), Regina, SKNovember 4, 2015
Not a very productive company. The manager likes favoritism and harasses employees. I don't like how they run the OHandS department and there are so many hazzards in the store that never got improved.
Fun place to work.
Dock Worker (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: easy work environment.
Cons: Lack of hours.
The Sears crew was a great bunch of people to work with. The team atmosphere was great. The work was steady but not overly difficult most of the time.
a typical day at work
Receiving/Merchandise Presentation Associate (Former Employee), ScarboroughNovember 3, 2015
Worked really hard, was always busy, music playing, amazing co workers, reasonable shifts, supportive supervisor,
big company, not all about the numbers, growth and development.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 2, 2015
Other then not enough hours it is a good place to work. The staff and management are very helpful and will work with you, when needed. Training is very easy, if you can stand for extended periods this is a great place to work, one downfall I find is that they push people to hard to get credit applications.
Rate a 5..... yes I would work there again
DECORATING CONSULTANT (Former Employee), Owen Sound, Ont.October 27, 2015
Great staff and managers. Lots of time off. Good pay. Fun place to work. Air- cond. in summer. Lots of staff get togethers. The hardest part of job was the slow time of the year.
Sears Electronics Department
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 26, 2015
Pros: Teaching seminars were great
Cons: Pay was low
Working at Sears in Sudbury, Ontario was a learning experience for me. I had not had a sales associates position for electronics prior to this position and I had to quickly read all manuals on the variety of brands and models of products sold in order to give the customers an informed opinion on the products they were considering purchasing. I enjoyed helping the customers, and working towards their satisfaction.
Working with a great team of people
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Eastgate, Hamilton OntarioOctober 26, 2015
Pros: fellow workers (both associates and management)
Cons: nil
I enjoy coming into work each day, experiencing new challenges, and continuing to develop new skills in the retail sector. Co-workers are always friendly and helpful, demonstrating great team work, who are willing to share knowledge and skills. The management team members are very supportive and are willing to listen to problems and issues, and to find a solution to remedy the situation. The managers show by example, through their hard work, and are always willing to pitch in to help. While some of the clientele can be challenging at times, the majority of our customers are pleasant and amiable and leave the store happy and satisfied by the service they have received.
amazing place to work
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCOctober 26, 2015
I had so much fun working at sears in the shoe department. I got to try one shoes when the shipment came in! I loved helping out customer pick out shoes that best suit them.
Fun workplace
Catalogue Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBOctober 25, 2015
Sears Canada had great management. We were driven everyday and we worked very well as a team. It was great to be apart of something so great throughout the years.
already given my review
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 23, 2015
Already provided my review before great people to work with !e. Family oriented work environment and a great place to work with ! you learn, enjoy, challange yourself to complete difficult tasks and feel the achievement and appreciation
Sears Canada
Senior Merchandiser Operations Sales Manager (Current Employee), Yorkdale/BarrieOctober 23, 2015
Pros: Great salary
Cons: Expected to work long hours
Great people to work with, But work life balance is out the window, Really well compensated. Alot of Politics and stress with the organization.
Friendly and Productive Work Environment
Sales Assciate (Current Employee), Stoney Creek, ONOctober 21, 2015
An excellent place to grow and develop your customer service, teamwork, and organizational skills.

Management is very professional and also understanding of their employees' and customer's needs. Overall, a great place to work for.
friendly environment
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Markham, ONOctober 20, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: nothing really
Handled inbound calls regarding the installation and selling appliances via phone or website.over all a very friendly environment.
Great Place to Work
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee), OakvilleOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to work with top management
Cons: Financial problems
Good Management and great culture to grow with. Customer Service is the important part of business operation, Friendly work environment and every one respect each team member. Everyone is here to support each other.
Manage
Logistics Operations Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
I manage and work with my teams to satisfy our customers daily. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people. I have vast knowledge in warehousing and transportation and the key to success in this field of work is people and not to over complicate things as in the end it is just a box with stuff going in and stuff going out.
Headquarters