Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,119 reviews matching the search
Good Work Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2016
Work place is good.
Co-workers are cooperative and helpful.
I learned about managing Cash Register, Handling Cash, improve my customer service skills
Pros
Good Work Environment
Cons
Low Salary
slow boring
Material Handler (MH3) (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 17, 2016
The best part of Sears was the people you worked with. Met a lot of good people there, but Sears laid me off because I have a disability.
Good Product knowledge sharing, good public relations experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ONMarch 16, 2016
Opening, serve customers, get parcels, process credit card payments, money transactions, balance books, welcome customers, share knowledge of products to make suitable decision of purchase, do bank deposit. If cash was out trying to find out why. Seeing happy customers that appreciate you taking the time to assist them.
Pros
Work schedule suited lifestyle, first retail experience.
Cons
No advancement worked both sides, heavy lifting, no benefits
at one point was a great work place and now is not
jewellery associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 16, 2016
worked their for almost 3 years got a new manager and i get 4 hours a week if im lucky, never get any shifts because they keep cutting hours
Pros
great people
Cons
no hours
The job is seasonal and hours were cut or given when they needed you
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 16, 2016
My job was customer service as a cashier. I had to learn how to deal with complaints and if they couldn't' be resolved ask for a manager. Most people were helpful and my direct manager was wonderful to work for. I left due to hours being cut and I loved helping the customers and interacting with them.
Pros
Loved the customer service end of the job and my co workers
Cons
Not enough hours to live on.
Save your precious time, do not work at sears
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 16, 2016
Trust me when I say this, Sears is NOT a nice place to work. The management is extremely poor! The management is rude, they're judgmental, they don't let you take breaks (if you do, you get a warning), etc. My manager would constantly say "iffy" things about customers and their ethnicity... I HATED working with people like that. I hated going to work, and I couldn't wait to leave. The older people that have worked at sears for 20+ years are so old fashioned and think so negatively. It was honestly the worst place I've ever worked. I would NEVER recommend anyone to work at Sears. To top everything off, I have years of cosmetic experience, I have a certificate for makeup artistry and I've worked with some VERY talented and well-known people. SEARS ONLY WANTED TO PAY ME $11.50 and hour. practically minimum wage. Sears is a JOKE. I thought they'd be closed by now.

The BEST part about working at sears, was the newer and younger co-workers. We became very close friends.But you can find that at any other job.

A job is a job, I know, however I STRONGLY advise for people to stay away from Sears, you will be so miserable working there.
Cons
long hours, no breaks, treated horribly
I loved my job
Fulltime Fragrance, Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
I had a great time working at Sears.
All coworkers were friendly and helpful
My management was understanding and supportive
Good benefits

In my experience this job was fun and very gratifying by the end of the day.
Strong commitment and loyalty from team members
Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioMarch 14, 2016
Culture is actively built from within each store store - and the people make the company successful. Lots of commitment at the store level to make the customer experience better.
Pros
Flexibility within your own market
Cons
Lack of corporate visibility at store level
Productive and welcoming
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONMarch 14, 2016
Workers are very hard working
Everyone is easy going
I love interacting with customers
The management is very nice and very flexible
Typical day at work is laid back and no stress
Seasonal fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 13, 2016
This job had its ups and downs. I started as a seasonal employee and within a year was the manager. I enjoyed the photography and the energy needed during the seasonal peaks. The district management was regrettably not what I would consider a bonus to the company. I would've stayed with Sears portrait studio if the benefits and raises were better.
Pros
creativity
Cons
no benefits
Great place, wonderful co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
Sears was a great place to work. A typical day would be opening the store at 9am, dealing with customers and orders. I loved my managers and co-workers. The hardest part of my job was dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was solving problems and helping good customers.
It is all about the people
Sr. E-commerce Manager for Marketing & Strategy (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2016
Never a dull moment and always on the go.
Sears has an amazing group of people working for them. The hardest part of the job is the red tape when trying to get new things passed but make friends with people and things will run smoothly.
Will not work again
Merchandise Presentation Associate (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCMarch 8, 2016
Management is very bad! They only hire you until the the end of your probation and if it is passed your probation they force you to quit!
Productive And Fun Experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2016
Communication is well with al the staff. Assisted customers with their cash transactions as well as debit, credit card and gift cards. Management was very responsible and communication with employees were spot on. Co workers were all kind and easy to have communication with. No hard part at work everything was up to speed and easy to complete/ Enjoyable part of work was working with all of my co workers and managers.
Pros
Good hours. Excellent communication
easy fun job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg manitobaMarch 7, 2016
i love being outdoors so working to outdoors garden centre was a fun experience. rain or shine i worked. even worked long hours when other employees were unable to make it. i took the initiative to go in for them.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, ABMarch 6, 2016
Its amazing to work with sears. My reason to look for new job is that there is no growing opportunities.
Management team and co workers are very nice and understandable
I have learned how to up sell an item or add an item to their purchase.
Find somewhere else to work, folks!
District Sales Manager Ontario East-based (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 3, 2016
After 14 years of loyal service, was laid off in one of many such actions by Sears. There have been many great people I worked with at this company, and for that, I am grateful. However, the company itself has betrayed many, many people.
Alright for people who enjoy comission work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMarch 2, 2016
To work successfully at Sears you need to sell a certain amount of their credit cards and most people shopping their already have one so its usually a miss. If you aren't a pushy sales person this job isn't for you. I liked the staff for the most part and management was okay. I was hired in a group with 3 other people and I believe we all were let go for not selling enough cards.
Pros
long breaks, good location, quiet setting
Cons
unfriendly people, stressful
Conducive to work with
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2016
always provide training for the advancement of the employees every year to produce quality workers and effective employees
Pros
reward employees
Busy nd hectic
Photographer (Former Employee) –  London, ONFebruary 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Sears, and my co-workers were amazing. It was usually a fun place to work, unless it was Christmas time. It was always very busy