Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,769 reviews matching the search
Does not treat employees with respect
Systems Programmer (Former Employee) –  100 Valleybrook Drive23 June 2017
Sears has treated their employees very badly for the past 5 years.
Sears used to be a great place to work but has gone downhill in the last 10 years. The company has become more focused on making money at the cost of how it treats its employees. Since the company is about to go bankrupt and have locked out thousands of employees without a decent severance package for their hard work I wold say it is not a good place to work, nor has it been for the last 10 years.
Pros
co workers are great hard working people.
Cons
upper management treat lower management and employees with disrepect.
Faced paced environment, always kept busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 June 2017
Management was so-so, not very understanding whatsoever. Co-workers either were kind and enjoyable to work with, or completely rude and draining; no in between. Overall, it was a good learning experience as different situations came up daily, and we were taught very well how to handle certain situations should they arise.
disorganized and back stabbers
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2017
In the very beginning during the hiring process, it was told that what news corps say about Sears is incorrect and that the company was doing well and there was nothing to worry about. well, after 3 months of employment the words we were told to ignore were actually true and a massive layoff occurred without warning and no severance was given.
Pros
Freindly co-workers
Cons
back-stabbing supervisors
J'ai adoré travaillé pour cette compagnie
PP (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 June 2017
La flexibilité travail/famille était super et horaire constante.
Pros
flexibilité dans les horaires
Cons
Baisse des revenus de la compagnie
don't give a lot hours
Flow Merchandiser/Shipment Receiver (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 June 2017
Nice location, well maintained, few managers actually care about their employees. Other than that, the other managers are disrespectful and unappreciative of hard work. They love to give part time hours so don't apply if you want a lot of hours.
Great Store
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC21 June 2017
Great people. Great products.
Hi performance expected. Held accountable for actions and in actions.
Supportive of family life but it is Retail, so no holidays off.
Professional and Caring
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON20 June 2017
Friendly and professional work place. Very clean and well organized Good benefits. Staff and Management work will together. Social events very regular.
Benefits
Cons
Low Wages
Company in transition
E-Commerce Content Writer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 June 2017
Poor communication with staff. Not respected for what you can do.
Day to day priorities shifted with no clear leadership. Not much chance of full time work.
Good woorkplace
Sales (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 June 2017
• Top sales in mattresses and furniture and excellent upgrading to protection plans
• Great communication with customers and employees

• Excellent organization skills
Agreable
Adjointe administrative (Current Employee) –  Ville St Laurent, QC19 June 2017
J aime y travailler. J aime les gens avec lesquelles je travail.j y travail depuis 36 ans.
Pros
Espit d equipe
Cons
Salaire apres 36 ans
not a good experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 June 2017
I worked for the company for almost 8 years and never once was given a raise . I didn't qualify for benefits. I was treated poorly. my co-workers were fantastic but the management is not.The company is losing a lot of their regular customers due to the change the store is going through.
Pros
good job for a high school student.
Good for me
Talent Acquisition and Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC18 June 2017
it was the first job that gave me an opportunity to advance in my carreer and get an experience in HR. my direct boss was the one who gave me a shot, no one else per say. the team was fine. culture was okay. a lot of new commers to canada.
Enjoyable workplace with long hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 June 2017
Sears gave its employees a brief training session that did not provide adequate information of goals and objectives for their staff. The shifts were a good length and employees worked well together.
productive place to work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON17 June 2017
Always learning new things. A normal day at work can be good lots to do different areas. If your trained in different ares you get moved around a lot.There's always something new to lean. management is good my team leader is great person. The people i work with are great easy going good nature and friends. The hardest part of the job is when you start because you never know which area your going to be in for the day. Most enjoyable people i work with are great.
Pros
good atomsphere, relaxed good team leader
Cons
constant changing hours, part time work
Best place to gain retail experience so far.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 June 2017
Everyday was a fun filling yet work pressure was high.
Sales goals are often met.
Excellent management.
The hardest part of the job was doing inventory and price tagging.
Customer always comes first.
Pros
Excellent work environment.
Cons
Shifts were inconsistent.
climas agriable travail d equipe avec respet
conseillere de vente matelas electromenager (Current Employee) –  anjou16 June 2017
j adore mon emploie chez sear
chaque jour est different , en ecoutant les clients et repondre a leus besoin
en crie un lien meme avec leurs famille qui devient des futures clients

les client sont les pilliers d une entreprise,on prend soin et on fait le suivi apres la vente
comme ca on saveure le succe
satisfaction d un client=fidellitee
Pros
respet de nos gestionnaire, le travail d equippe
Cons
le manque de marchandise actuellement
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 June 2017
It is a great opportunity for me to work with Sears.I learned a lot here with employees and management.They serve politely.Respect and greet customers with heart.I work long period of time.I meet so many different people that I love the most on job as they praise for the services and products we serve .
Pros
promotions, super facilities
A job to help gain experience and learn
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON15 June 2017
A typical work day included regular foot patrols, monitoring the CCTV cameras, Issuing parking violations, Administering First Aid, Responding to accident reports and near misses. I gained a valuable set of transferable skills that are useful in the security and law enforcement field. The greatest skill that I learned was how to effectively communicate and rapidly solve a variety of problems. The culture of the workplace was nothing spectacular as this job had a high turnover rate due to shift work and entry level pay. I did not mind the job as it did not restrict you to a desk for 8 hours, however, after 3 years of employment with Sears there was no opportunity for advancement within the company and upper management did not care about the opinions of the workers.
Pros
not restricted to a desk, not one dimensional
Cons
becomes repetitive and boring, no opportunities for advancement
Enjoyable and rewarding
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON14 June 2017
Open Cash, morning meeting, meet and greet customers, assist customers with purchases. Process sales, exchanges, returns. Sell credit cards, collect donations for Kids with cancer. Keep work area tidy. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting customers with their purchases.
Pros
employee discounts
Cons
minimal hours
Avoid if possible
Regional ORC and Corporate Investigator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2017
Long hours, low pay for the jobs your expected to do. Some supervisors are incompetent. Hardest part of the job is a general lack of direction due to the corporate culture.
Pros

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9