Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,493 reviews matching the search
Stock person
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 January 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at Sears. Although it was career start work experience I enjoyed the other employees as well as the managers. The job was very exciting and would have loved to stay on further.
Pros
experience
Cons
career starts
Great selling culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB8 November 2016
Great employees to work with .Management lacks team work and commodore .Good benefits and work /life balance is recognized and practised . The selling culture is one of honesty and product knowledge is passed on to customers.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low wages
Lots wrong with this company
Sales Consultant/Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC31 January 2017
Did not like working there at all, lots of red tape and a mountain of paperwork for everything. No one wants to take responsibility for there actions. No surprise that they are going under.
pleasant work environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON8 August 2016
Sears is a company in flux. There are lots of changes happening and it can sometimes create confusion, but no more than any other national chain store that is re-branding itself. The mall is a nice place to work. Free parking, food court, a/c, hours of operation...all positives for me.
Pros
Free parking, A/C, food court, staff discount
Cons
not a lot of hours, dress code, outdated Point of Sale system is slow and limited
Sears Review
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 August 2016
Opening cash registers and preparing for opening. Making sure I am stocked with bags and other items needed for the day.

Serving customers to the best of my ability. Helping them make decisions on the items they need.

My co workers are fabulous..we are great working as a team.

Management is thin so we are counted on to handle issues ourselves if possible.

Hardest part of my job is if we dont have what the customer needs.Trying to satisfy there need with out product is sometimes hard.

Most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a customer happy and pleased with their purchase.
Fast Paced environment
Customer Service/ Real Time Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, Ontario4 October 2016
I have realized that patience and understanding are great qualities when it comes to the customer service aspect. Showing customers empathy is also a great customer service characteristic and helps deesacalate a lot of customer service scenarios
Cool place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2016
My experience was not good at all, very bad type of management cutting your hours down often very stressful atmosphere: there is always the suspicions that a wave a layoff is coming and may be you will be part of it. No place to growth at all.
Pros
It is still a job
Cons
Great place to work as a student
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2017
Typical day is placing the clothes back to where they should be.
Working cash was fun once I got the hang of it.
Most enjoyable part was the crew.
Pros
working cash passes the time fast
Cons
Selling credit cards
Pretty laid back
IT Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2017
Overall its a pretty laid back workplace at least where I worked anyway. Pay wasn't the greatest and the benefits were ok but there wasn't much room for advancement.
Pros
Management leaves you alone for the most part
Cons
No advancement
Good Place to Work
Technical Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 September 2016
We all worked as a team. Totally enjoyed helping Sears customers.

This company is very family orientated. Good place to work.

The TL and trainers were there to help you all the time you required to acquire the experience needed to do your job proficiently.
Pros
Team Work
Work Experience
(part-time) Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON17 November 2016
Overall I gained a great sales and retail experience whilst working at Sears. The hardest part of the job was having to sign customers up for the Sears Master card as most of them didn't want it and already have a credit card.
The customers are great!
Merchandise Presentation Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 November 2016
This place had very little hours to give, and a lot of work. They like to cram your work in small amount of time, with a lot of running around. They do give opportunities to those workers who want more hours.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON28 December 2016
It is a good place to work. Co-workers are friendly and respectful. Sears has excellent managers. A day of work is calm, organizing clothes and serving customers.
Pros
Pizza and dessert in special days
Cons
No benefits, few hours
One of the Most Successful Furnitures stores in the Sears Chain
Commission Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 August 2016
The Sales staff was extremely successful and hard working. Rarely did anyone call in sick. We encourage each other and help whenever anyone was in need. Filling out paperwork etc.
Our support staff was on the ball and helped our customers when we were with other customers.
Staff lunches were great and a time to share with different dept.

The hardest part of the job was knowing when to go home! We were all quilty of this as we just wanted to start the next day off on a good foot. So all problems and paper work needed to be done. Sometimes the copier wasn't co operating.

I would go back to Sears if there was a position!
Pros
Good staff members! Which is rare. Lunches brought us all in one room. Time to share your day.
Cons
suppliers, equipment not co operating.
great place having alot of interaction with customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 January 2017
time management is very good at sears.
all the coworkers and managers are very co-operative and help each other when needed.
everything is perfectly managed there.
No advancement opportunities
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
Job work/life balance was maintained well enough. Management not always adequate. Lots of micro-management happening there. Business not doing well as they are closing many locations.
Fun workplace
telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 January 2017
It was an enjoyable place to work,the people were nice.being a telemarketer wasn't always easy,you did get hard calls but you push through like I did.i had a nice experience working their.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Hard calls
only good thing was a few of the people
merchandise presentation associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 January 2017
i worked at the london location in ontario and it was a horrible experience. only met a few people that were respectful. just a bad experience. not great management
Sears
Sales Associate/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario18 January 2017
Many promises were made as to possible career advancement and job experience however none of these were kept. Employees at this location were very negative towards management and policies.
Benefits and trade-off
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
It provide a good employment benefits such as employee discount. The location is central in downtown Toronto which is very convenience for people who travel from different part of the city

2.9