Sears

Sears Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Flexible hours and schedules
Sales associate (Current Employee), MontrealJanuary 28, 2015
At Sears, we are put in different departments depending on where they need associates. We work the cash, make sure the merchandise is clean and help customers.
I have learned great customer service as well as being able to pinpoint what a customer is looking for. Each manager has specific duties so it makes it easier for an associate to go see the manager they need for a particular task.
I work with enthusiastic people who are always willing to help one another with their duties.
enjoyable to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee), kitchener ONJanuary 27, 2015
My co-worker are willing to work as a team. The hardest part of the job not knowing if you will have a shift next week.
Productive and fun
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good environment
Cons: diffuclt to move forward.
Excellent company to work for.
Human Resources was a good fit for me. I am very friendly person and have excellent communications skills. I love to work with all types of people and enjoying helping and solving problems.
security
Sales (Former Employee), winnipeg manitobaJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: good people to work for, loved the time i did have there
Cons: management changed to much making it difficult to develope a work relationship
Not sure what to say but the early days of Sears was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed customer service, we had great christmas parties, and we even put together many golf tournament, most co-workers became close friends and still are to this day..

Leaving was hard but had to be done, at least for me when you pull away customer service from sales associates then it takes away what I was most proud of, so I moved on

Management to the most part was very good
Productive and fun workplace.
Merchandising Presentation Associate (Former Employee), London, ONJanuary 21, 2015
o Merchandising
o Moving stock to the floor and organizing presentation of stock on four ways and high density bars.
o Price management and markdowns
Sears was a nice place to work
Resource and Capacity Planner (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2015
The entire team at Sears worked very hard and knew how to have a laugh. It was a good place to work.
not enough time to learn much
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: no afternoon shifts
Cons: no extra shifts
staff needed to be cross trained. great place to work.the hardest part of the job was rising above some of the comments to you from the older employees.
A well balanced and healthy work environment
Customer Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), CambridgeJanuary 18, 2015
I have enjoyed every moment of my time at work. For the company Internal customers are as important as external customers. And that was a very rewarding experience for me.
It's a good chance for me to begin my job in Canada.
Floor Sales (Current Employee), Montréal, QCJanuary 18, 2015
It's a good chance for me to begin my job in Canada. The management of here still old style, need to be improved for future business.
fun to learn about retail
Merchandise Presentation Team (Former Employee), March, ONJanuary 16, 2015
It was great experience to learn about retail, lot of knowledge, working crew members.
Floating Cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: not really any
I worked mostly Ladies Wear and Lingerie.I loved working with my co-workers.
fun meeting new people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: understanding manager decent breaks
Cons: not treated the same, jelioucy
it is not the best place due to the fact of workers not treating you the same but i did not let that affect me i just used it as a motivation to push my self and prove that i am better than the rest i still treat everyone with respect to show i am different and just continue with it
I enjoyed most of my job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Stockton, CA and Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2015
I liked the excitement that working in sales and retail. Everyday was new and you never knew what you were going to do. The environment was fun and most of the staff were nice and friendly.
Enjoyable and friendly work environment
Professional sales floor assistance (Former Employee), Lethbridge , ABJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free food sometimes
Working at sears opened my eyes to a new aspect of customer service . The work environment was friendly and welcoming .
Sales focused
Contact Center Team Leader (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Sears was a great place to work. A lot of people that you interact with each and every day, many friendships made.
The wages are above all other contact centers in the area and the benefits are good.
Great experience gained
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ONJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great team
I learned a lot from working with Sears. The management team was supportive and great. I got the chance to experience what it is like to have a weekly target.
great work place
Department Manager, Assistant District Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Excellent company to work for and start your retail career with
friendly behavior with co worker
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: contractual work
nice experience from my work in sears , i lent many things and build my confidence because of support of my co worker .

free lunch on weekend
Store culture is very positive
Counter Manager, Estee Lauder Cosmetics (Former Employee), MarkhamJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great freindly environment
Cons: evening and weekend hours
This location was a fun place to work as the team was friendly, and the supportive of one another.

A typical day at work would involve reviewing sales targets for the day, and what strategies would be used to achieve those goals, ensuring your work area is clean and presentable and ready to receive customers. The overall focus is sales.

I was mentored by an excellent department manager, who advised me on how to manage the business from the ground up.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is interaction with clientelle.
It was a blast and received a ton of new experience
sales associate (Current Employee), Newmarket OntarioDecember 31, 2014
I had a lot of fun experiencing the new things I learned while working at sears. The employees always made me feel welcomed the business just seemed a little slow to me

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more