Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Nice friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 8, 2015
Very friendly and supportive environment with very reasonable expectations from associates. The best part of work is serving customers, to greet them, to welcome to the store, to tell them about new sales and promotions, to understand their needs, to learn about reason they came to the store, to help them to choose right product using the product knowledge and personal taste. It is privilage for me to work with such a nice team and learn from them.
Organized and care about their employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I find this workplace to have a good management team that cares about the employees' well-being. Frequently have events for employees such as pizza parties and potlucks.
easy fun job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Winnipeg manitobaMarch 7, 2016
i love being outdoors so working to outdoors garden centre was a fun experience. rain or shine i worked. even worked long hours when other employees were unable to make it. i took the initiative to go in for them.
excellent management guidance and great co-workers, loved Commission Sales, very rewarding
Commission Furniture Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Kingston, OnOctober 13, 2015
Pros: great fullfilling expperience with clients, great management team
Cons: open everyday but xmas day so long hours but very financially rewarding
loved working for Sears, great working environment with co-workers, commission sales and helped customer with decorating choices at store and off-site at customers homes, built a real relationship with my clients to build repeat business and referrals. With the Managers guidance and great leadership we became the top sears store for $11 million in Sales. Trained new sales co-workers, and did teaching, training for St Lawrence School students night classes in Sears store location for three years voluntarily on my own time. Excellent in Customer Service.
Good Work Environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 19, 2016
Pros: Good Work Environment
Cons: Low Salary
Work place is good.
Co-workers are cooperative and helpful.
I learned about managing Cash Register, Handling Cash, improve my customer service skills
Stress Free Workplace
CSD Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, OntarioNovember 20, 2015
Pros: Employee centric company
Cons: Not giving enough to emplyoees
Workplace environment is very positive. Its a good place to work for anyone. A stress free environment for everyone. There is no discrimination among employees who are working there. Staff is very much helpful in all regards
Boring, easy to lose job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Thornhill, ONMarch 21, 2016
Pros: Good work environment
Cons: job security
I was hired while there were planning to close many stores, and i never knew if my store would be next. I was eventually laid off due to their financial situation
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 22, 2016
As a part time worker, they have been so helpful on flexible schedule to collaborate with my school schedule. Coworkers were so nice and fun to work with and management team was great!
i worked for this company for many years they are a very good company to work for , I learned so much while I was employed with this company,
Office Clerk and sales (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABNovember 17, 2015
the management was very supportive , If you had problems at work or home they were behind you 100 percent , company celebrations were fun and always looked forward to them
Worst place for retail
Customer Service Representative and Team Leader (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 15, 2016
Pros: Easy to slack
Cons: No care for employees
-no advancement
-unrewarding
-lack of motivation
great experience
catalogue, administration (Former Employee), Montréal, QCNovember 18, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: long hours
for part time was great while in school, customer service and administration is what i did and catalogue, christmas was always fun , most busy, dealt with difficult customers but pulled through. Great team, everyone helped each other, created great friends.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 2, 2015
Other then not enough hours it is a good place to work. The staff and management are very helpful and will work with you, when needed. Training is very easy, if you can stand for extended periods this is a great place to work, one downfall I find is that they push people to hard to get credit applications.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABNovember 23, 2015
Pros: awesome magement
Cons: not enough hours
I enjoyed my work place at Sears because the great staff that I worked with. The management was great because they helped on the floor when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was when staff helped each other, and they can make each other laugh.
fine
MT2 (Former Employee), Regina, SKDecember 7, 2015
Pros: its sears
Cons: the pay wasnt good
some months they had employee day and there was bbq and some activitys but you had to pay. and the working there wasn't great. you were to get paid for different job you did and I never got paid for it. and didn't get a rese. so not but when I got preganant I got mat leave
I hate Sears
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 28, 2016
Pros: Interesting people
Cons: Everything sucks
Horrible, short hours, long commute, very fast paced work, 2 employees per 15 customers average with items that either don't scan correctly or are in abundance.
at one point was a great work place and now is not
jewellery associate (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMarch 16, 2016
Pros: great people
Cons: no hours
worked their for almost 3 years got a new manager and i get 4 hours a week if im lucky, never get any shifts because they keep cutting hours
Manage
Logistics Operations Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 15, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
I manage and work with my teams to satisfy our customers daily. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people. I have vast knowledge in warehousing and transportation and the key to success in this field of work is people and not to over complicate things as in the end it is just a box with stuff going in and stuff going out.
Out of touch with Customer needs
Manager Hardware, Fitness and Outdoor Power (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Good Staff discount
Very poor morale in the Stores. Most Stores look half empty as they have discontinued so many lines. The Staff have not had a raise in almost ten years,
Great company to work for,
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Stoney Creek, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Pros: friendly
Cons: seasonal
I worked for Sears Canada at Eastgate Square for a short time. Knowing it was only seasonal, regardless... I loved the environment, the coworkers and customers.
This job was by far an amazing experience.
stepping stone for bigger & better employment
Material Handler (Former Employee), Belleville, ONDecember 10, 2015
Pros: getting a forklift ticket
Cons: none
overall good learning experience

co-workers overall excellent to work with

management always helpful

working in receiving

hardest part - off-loading trailers in the winter months
Headquarters