Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,501 reviews matching the search
works with minimal staff
Warehouse Supervisor and Health and Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK1 January 2017
not bad. a lot of staff turn over. they try to work with minimal staff which leads to large staff turn over and staff burnout.
Pros
day shift only
Cons
no raises
Nice place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NC29 December 2016
Nice people to work with. Pay should be more for the amount of work that is required. Should train employees on a register instead of a computer.
Pros
Friendly people.(employees and customers)
Cons
Pay.
good work envirnment with good people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, YT28 December 2016
fast paced work envirnment which taught time management skills and multi-task skills. management reasonable. exellent co-workers.customers could be challenging at times. good job with great co-workers
Pros
work envirnment
Cons
some technicians were difficult
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON28 December 2016
It is a good place to work. Co-workers are friendly and respectful. Sears has excellent managers. A day of work is calm, organizing clothes and serving customers.
Pros
Pizza and dessert in special days
Cons
No benefits, few hours
fast paced
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB27 December 2016
it was a fun job with a good environment there was lots to do and the other employees seemed to have the same views. my only complaint would be that i never got trained even though i was there for 6 weeks.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC26 December 2016
Extremely competitive job, must be experienced in using MS DOS mode. Bit of a downer I thought. Some staff at customer service are very unprofessional, swearing and a bit self righteous, not very good trainers. Customers were always great and I find always knew what they wanted and what price they were looking for. All very patient when times were busy.
Pros
The customers and morning informative staff meetings so everyone is on the same page for the day.
Cons
Poor job trainers.
Awful Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC20 December 2016
Basically the management lacks the basic grasp of how to run a store. Yeah, they set up displays and sales and tell you what to do, but they make horrible decisions, alienate customers and will outright lie to you as staff, to your face, about what they are planning to do. The job culture and co-workers other then that are average, not really a good, close meshed environment, but not at each others throats.
Pros
Not really
Cons
Poor Management
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 December 2016
First time I ever opened a brand new store, I learned alot, Set up the shoe warehouse in the back, set up the displays, in the front, and learned how to under stress handle a huge line up opening day.
Pros
I learned alot from opening Sears
Cons
It was only a Part time position
Lovely place to work, wonderful boss and co-workers.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Barry's Bay, ON18 December 2016
Loved working here, felt like I was part of the family (it is a family business for the most part). Boss/owner was very kind, and everyone I worked with was nice. The job was never really difficult and the best part was that it was just a friendly work environment where you can actually enjoy working.
Pros
Good co-workers.
Cons
No big problems.
My time with them was very fulfilling.
Visual Presentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC15 December 2016
I got to be creative and independent. I worked with some amazing individuals, who really made my time rewarding. I learned a lot!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON11 December 2016
Friendly and good atmosphere. Nice co workers. Lots of advantages while shopping such as employee discounts. Provides opportunity to deal with many people.
sears is a fun place to work.
Beauty Advisor (Customer Service) (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK5 December 2016
Sears is a good place to work. The management is really nice and co-operative with employees. I like the environment and the team i have. The most hardest part of the job is performing and completing the goals of card share. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a team and helping customers.
Pros
making new clients and learning new things
Cons
none.
poor
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2016
As a current employee.... the management is so poor... the structure and employees are too few/untrained. The store is messy.... etc. Not a good place to work or shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
discount
Cons
lack of good structure -- management...
boring job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON2 December 2016
boring seasonal job with no chance of January extension.

I have however learned to always ask specific job duties before accepting and not to assume based on job titles and general job description.
Great company to work for where you learn how to multi task , keep smiling even though you are having bad day and giving your best for customers
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 November 2016
Sears is great company . Love people that I work with . Very fast paced environment. Best customer service .
We always went as a company above and beyond to keep customer happy .
The customers are great!
Merchandise Presentation Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 November 2016
This place had very little hours to give, and a lot of work. They like to cram your work in small amount of time, with a lot of running around. They do give opportunities to those workers who want more hours.
Productive and fun environment with friendly staff
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 November 2016
-call centre for Sears catalogue Xmas orders

multi tasking

phone communications

efficient task completions

friendly management and sales associates
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not long enough employment
Retail Company
Network Administrator - Communications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 November 2016
Retail Company with approximately 100 locations or more.
Supported the Company network infrastructure directly as a network administrator, dealing with day to day issues, and long term projects.

Company will fail before 2020.
Pros
store discount
Cons
low compensation rate, poor work culture, lack of advancement, rrsp plan was weak
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON28 November 2016
I enjoyed working with my co workers and my job, I enjoyed it x-mas time was a bit much. I left due to family.

Sears is a great company love working for them
Love my job, but the hours and the environment is...
Merchandise Presentation Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 November 2016
For the first two weeks, i was getting lots of hours and I loved that. But after that, i only get 5 hours a week. I talked to my manager 3 different times but the only thing she says is that's all she can give. But she and one of our team member who is her personal close friend would always be working together, and anything her friend says about the schedule, the manager approves which is unfair. And I see that they're still hiring when all they can give us, 2 new associates in her team, is either 4 or 5 hours. Although, I love my job, the hours go by really fast.
Pros
good salary, time goes by fast
Cons
max of 5 hours a week, personal relationships with team members affect the workplace

2.9