Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,458 reviews matching the search
Great workplace environment with a great work and fellow employee relationship
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON31 October 2016
Busy when big sales and occasions arise
Not all days are predictable and many times your days of sales are dependent on the amount of effort you take in approaching customer service and sales.
Management have their own focus of areas and will occasionally step in to help outside of their designated areas
Co-workers in most part stay focused on their designated area but come together on other occasions
Hardest part of the job is trying to find solutions to bring in the customers in order to improve sales.
The most enjoyable part of the job is on busy occasions to prepare for holidays and events. excitement for customers and the sales associates
Pros
decent discounts for employees
Cons
reduced work hours when there is a lack of business
good people good place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON30 October 2016
I enjoy serving the public. The people I work with are excellent.
They are changing things for the better, more products.
Pros
people are good to work with
Cons
wage is too low
sears review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB28 October 2016
I enjoyed being in customer service. I learned to sell credit card very fast/ The management on the other hand was, unorganized, unprofessional, prejudice and rude.
Good
Sales team lead. Merchandise team lead (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 October 2016
Receiving new merchandise and locating it onto the floor,putting merchandise out according to season. Asa a member of the management team I would work with the associates to make sure job was done right. The hardest part of my job was dealing with customer complaints and most enjoyable was working with the employees
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Experience not appreciated
Exciting place to work
Photographer (Current Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE25 October 2016
If you like a job that is creative and rewarding, this is the place to work! You'll never feel like you're working. Getting paid to make people smile is wonderful!
Pay structure is just as dated as their stores!
Minion (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2016
Alot of changes happening within sears canada right now. They are spending and have spent a fortune on "refreshes" none of which are getting customers to come into the stores. First of all. ..let's deal with the customer service 1-800 joke. As a curent employee, it is a daily battle on our end to fix what these so called customer service representatives do to our customers! Secondly, to get a raise with sears. ....HAHAHA. ...NOT A CHANCE!
Pros
Great associates
Cons
Horrible pay structure
Old management. Needs revamp.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON16 October 2016
The worst working experience ever.
Trying to look, keep busy whilst being micro managed by cosmetic supervisor from clothing department.
Pros
Co. Workers
Cons
Long quiet days promoting Sears credit cards.
Productive and happy workplace
Beauty Consultant for Clinque (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 October 2016
I have started working at Sears 3 years ago. Since I have been here, I have been promoted twice. I enjoy interacting with customers and ensuring that my customers have the best experience possible.
I get along very well with my customers, coworkers and the management team.
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the public. I love creating a fun, and educational experience for all of my clients in order to make sure they have the best experience possible
Pros
Interracting with customers
Not a great place to work as a service technician
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2016
Management always changing. a unfair bonus structure. Unrealistic call volume per day. Dispatcher alway Quitting ,have no idea how to route technicians in the city. Lack of parts to complete calls to make Bonus.
Pros
Small discount in store
Cons
Management bad, unfair bonus structure
Productiv and fun work place
Part Time. Various positions (Former Employee) –  CA9 October 2016
We would start the day off by unloading the trailer pulling off the costumer orders and paring the resets, so that later on we could call and let them know there item had arrived. At 7:30 we would go out to do the morning meeting to discuses what was going on for the day, then we would head to our respected areas. In receiving we would unload the rest of the trailer and prep it to go to the floor. I learned well working for Sears better social skills and costumer serves skills. My managers where amazing and vary understanding, they helped me with my focus because I would get distracted with helping others co-worker or costumers out. My co-worker where fun and full of life. I enjoyed all parts of the jobs did and still wish I was doing them. If I could I would go back in a hart beat. I would also recommend it to any one looking.
Pros
Grate people
Cons
I have non
Sears Canada
Sales Support/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON5 October 2016
My typical day would be helping customers shop... I would be there for customers to ask questions and as I am very approachable I spent a lot of my day listening to customers and their needs and being able to help them have a successful and fun shopping experience at Sears. Having patience and kindness allows for extremely enjoyable environment to work in. The management within Sears was very organized, always accessible and easy to talk with.

I would have to say the hardest part of the job at Sears was probably in the quieter times as you really need the customers to bring the store to life.
Pros
Taking advantage of the sales.
Cons
It was only partime.
Fun work place
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC4 October 2016
 Responsible of ten departments, seventy- five staffs, sales, financial and material resources and inventory.
 Provide a wide diversity of administrative services and customers services.
 In charge for the recruitment and selection process, job’s posting, interviews, tests, integration trainings, hiring, background and reference checks, employee’s schedules and payroll. Supervise, assign tasks, call meetings and mentor staff.
 Conduct performance evaluations, develop personalized action plans, manage internal and extern conflicts and customer’s complaints.
 Represent the company at various events and issues reports.
Pros
good team work
Cool place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2016
My experience was not good at all, very bad type of management cutting your hours down often very stressful atmosphere: there is always the suspicions that a wave a layoff is coming and may be you will be part of it. No place to growth at all.
Pros
It is still a job
Fast Paced environment
Customer Service/ Real Time Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, Ontario4 October 2016
I have realized that patience and understanding are great qualities when it comes to the customer service aspect. Showing customers empathy is also a great customer service characteristic and helps deesacalate a lot of customer service scenarios
No security
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 October 2016
Great place to work until they decide to "restructure". Restructure by their definition means fire and hire at exactly the same time with the workers being let go while the new hires sit in the same lunch room. Never in all my years working at corporate head office have I seen this type of shameful behavior.
Good Place to Work
Technical Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 September 2016
We all worked as a team. Totally enjoyed helping Sears customers.

This company is very family orientated. Good place to work.

The TL and trainers were there to help you all the time you required to acquire the experience needed to do your job proficiently.
Pros
Team Work
not a bad place to work
CSA / H & S Coordinator/ Commission sales person (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC28 September 2016
very good management at the store level, the higher managers keep changing the format of the stores. So very unstable work stability. The staff at the stores are very courteous.
good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB25 September 2016
good store, ok hours, not very busy, some sales associate are great other esp makeup counter unfriendly. Some Managers unfriendly. Recent dess code silly..
Pros
decent sales good discount
Cons
unfriendly coworkers, gossip
good workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 September 2016
The team was friendly and the coworkers were nice, however it was only a Temporary position.

Warehouse was clean and organized
lacking management direction
Sales Consultant Home Furnishing Div. (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 September 2016
The work environment was mostly negative. A lot of employee complaining about the management being ineffective.
The staff was very concerned about the companies financial viability.
Pros
Nice products
Cons
Poor management structure.

2.9