Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,535 reviews matching the search
Productive and happy workplace
Beauty Consultant for Clinque (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 October 2016
I have started working at Sears 3 years ago. Since I have been here, I have been promoted twice. I enjoy interacting with customers and ensuring that my customers have the best experience possible.
I get along very well with my customers, coworkers and the management team.
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the public. I love creating a fun, and educational experience for all of my clients in order to make sure they have the best experience possible
Pros
Interracting with customers
Very good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2017
When I started working with Sears 8 years before Things was very smooth and positive. All of sudden changes start happening to improve the finance and sale of company, but failing every time. Finally company started to closing the retail stores and one of them was mine.
Fun work environment.
Forklift Operator/ Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2017
We would load and unload trailers every night. The work environment was fun and energetic. Management was good and always willing to help as we needed it. The hardest part was unloading trailers and the best part was the co-workers.
Pros
Monthly BBQs
Cons
Tiring work
Good
Sales team lead. Merchandise team lead (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 October 2016
Receiving new merchandise and locating it onto the floor,putting merchandise out according to season. Asa a member of the management team I would work with the associates to make sure job was done right. The hardest part of my job was dealing with customer complaints and most enjoyable was working with the employees
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Experience not appreciated
overall, great workplace ambiance
SALES REPRESENTATIVE, CUSTOMER CARE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2016
I learned many skills at this firm, especially client services and customer care. It helped me learn and improve my skills. I was also able to gain many new experience regarding customer service as a sales represantative.
Pros
employee benefits and great co workers
Cons
less hours
good work envirnment with good people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lansing, YT28 December 2016
fast paced work envirnment which taught time management skills and multi-task skills. management reasonable. exellent co-workers.customers could be challenging at times. good job with great co-workers
Pros
work envirnment
Cons
some technicians were difficult
Sears Canada
Sales Support/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON5 October 2016
My typical day would be helping customers shop... I would be there for customers to ask questions and as I am very approachable I spent a lot of my day listening to customers and their needs and being able to help them have a successful and fun shopping experience at Sears. Having patience and kindness allows for extremely enjoyable environment to work in. The management within Sears was very organized, always accessible and easy to talk with.

I would have to say the hardest part of the job at Sears was probably in the quieter times as you really need the customers to bring the store to life.
Pros
Taking advantage of the sales.
Cons
It was only partime.
Fun work place
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC4 October 2016
 Responsible of ten departments, seventy- five staffs, sales, financial and material resources and inventory.
 Provide a wide diversity of administrative services and customers services.
 In charge for the recruitment and selection process, job’s posting, interviews, tests, integration trainings, hiring, background and reference checks, employee’s schedules and payroll. Supervise, assign tasks, call meetings and mentor staff.
 Conduct performance evaluations, develop personalized action plans, manage internal and extern conflicts and customer’s complaints.
 Represent the company at various events and issues reports.
Pros
good team work
Amazing
VISUAL PRESENTATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Ontario4 February 2017
Great place to work and with wonderful people. Have made many new acquaintances both customer and employees alike. Store merchandise layouts and adjacencies phenominal.
Pros
EMPLOYEE PURCHASE BENEFIT
Cons
COMMUNICATION - GRADUALLY GETTING BETTER THOUGH.
Fun to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 March 2017
sears is a good place to work for but if we take a look at the salary then it is minimum, even with the experience we don't get a raise. And sometimes what i think that there is nothing which we can learn new or exciting.
Pros
lunch brakes are paid
Cons
not many employees
Great company to work for where you learn how to multi task , keep smiling even though you are having bad day and giving your best for customers
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 November 2016
Sears is great company . Love people that I work with . Very fast paced environment. Best customer service .
We always went as a company above and beyond to keep customer happy .
Good, but some small issues
Sears Canada Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 March 2017
great manager. The workers were not the friendliest. Some were great, others just made me uncomfortable to be around. The hours were good and the job was interesting.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Sometimes there was little to do and it was monotonous.
Supply Chain Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON15 January 2017
Employees and employers were friendly and made the job enjoyable. Teamwork was heavily instilled as the environment of the workplace when I was working there. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a great place to work!
productive working environment
Product Analyst of Footwear and Luggage (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Productive working environment was professional. I worked a long side it's keep vendors to choose the seasonal stock.
I also tested the footwear to make sure that is was up to the sears standard of excellence.
It started good but went downhill fast.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 January 2017
When i started at sear i loved it but now being there 5 years i now don't feel appreciated at my job nor do i feel like it is an enjoyable place to work anymore
Pros
Mostly friendly staff
Cons
Horrible managment, Under appriciated staff
Fast-paced environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 February 2017
Organizing chutes and confirming order details before packing them into bags/boxes to ship to customer. It was a great environment of many people around but you basically work within your own area.
Pros
employee incentives
Cons
no guarantee of hours
Productive work place, good people
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2017
Review the job duties and goals for the day in department,
Open register and clean the area and floor,
Bring out stock and replenish area,
Greet and assist customers.
Pros
Meeting and sustaining new relationships.
Very Poor Mangement
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON9 November 2016
awful place to work, very stressful and no support from management. as soon as you get to work the drama begins, co-workers are hit and miss some are really good and some are really bad. I don't enjoy anything about sears, wait maybe the discount.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Environment, Stressful
Was a great place to work
Full time Commission Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 February 2017
Sears was a great company to work for unfortunately over the past 10 years things have taken a turn for the worst cost cutting dropping employees benefits taking away sick time and dropping employees income
Alright for part time job
Receptionist / Photographer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2017
Depending on which sears you work in the clientele is very different, meaning you will encounter all kinds of customers. Management and the job itself is alright, not bad not great. The customers are always the worst part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9