Sears Employee Reviews

Sears is great
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2017
Every day is wonderful surrounded by hard working people trying to make a difference in the company's future.
I make a difference by giving hard working people especially new people to Canada a job and we love seeing customers smile.
If there had been more updates done years ago we would not be facing the hardships we are now.
Pros
Its like being with Family everyday
Cons
Pay
Good company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK3 October 2017
Good experience with Sears in general. Worked there for 7 months..
Good and bad days like everywhere, especially when dealing with customers (but most of them are extremely nice and will make you feel good about yourself).
Salary not crazy but lots of fun meeting and working with different people and learning new things. Lots of events organized to encourage their employees.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 October 2017
worked at sears was a cashier and worked on the floor, loved helping people and finding what they needed. I loved working there had a lot of fun, great people to work with.
Toxic environment
Senior maintenance person (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON1 October 2017
At one time, Sears was a wonderful company to work for. We had raises and profit sharing and were treated fairly. Now, there is no leadership by management. No communication of ideas, no raises in years. It has become toxic.
Pros
Work unsupervised
Cons
no raises
Alot to Learn
Category Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2017
It is a fun place to work where you can learn a lot. The management is very cooperative and willing to teach. There are also a lot of opportunities to grow within the company.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 September 2017
Excellent work team, good leaders. Orchard park mall is a good place to work. Good employee sales discounts, good merchandise discounts too. Cons: low salary, sometimes no benefits
Pros
Excelent work team
Cons
low salary
Pictures
PHOTOGRAPHER/ SALE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 September 2017
Take pictures of many different people, especially children. Help organize back rooms with different props. Organize pictures and stock in files. Call clients for appointment and scheduling them in.
very nice to work with sears canada its feel like your second home.
Data entry,Inventory clerk (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC27 September 2017
very nice people to work with each day u learn something new i love my job here i wish sears never be closed ,so we continually work for years and years.
Best work family ever
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB27 September 2017
I loved the people I worked with and was always respected by management. Great discount, flexible hours. Enjoyed helping design displays and helping customers find that perfect thing they had been searching for
continuosly changing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 September 2017
continuously changing and unfortunately not in a good way. Were some great people there but were let go. Job was always made ti feel like you are replaceable
Amazing Team to wirk with and learn from
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC25 September 2017
SEARS Brentwood is an amazing place to work.
There image is changing everyday and the new brands and updated sears brand makes them stand beside luxury retail stores in Canada and they will make this store a leader in the retail market.
Productive place to work undergoing a major reinvention
Vice President - Construction and Facilities (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
I've been fortunate to learn about all aspects of Retail Store design and implementation, including how to maintain buildings and redevelop them.
The current environment at Sears is one of major reinvention and wish them well.
Great Place to Shop and Work
Escalation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 September 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is giving satisfaction to customers. Working as a team to make it right in difficult situations. Spending 8 hours a day with good people and having fun when doing our job. These are the values we stand behind at our Company. Concentrate on family needs.
Pros
Team Player environment
Cons
policy changes to often.
Fun workplace with great people
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON22 September 2017
Sears is a nice place to work as the employees are all passionate, dedicated, and optimist. This leads to a very nice work environment in which everyone is happy.
Would not recommend nor ever return
Sales Associate (Jewelry, Luggage, and Footwear) (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 September 2017
Worked here for more than 2 years, had been in multiple meetings and conversations with the general manager of the store, she could never figure out my name. Called me every other name that began with the same letter as mine, but never my actual name.
They hated getting feed back and would normally tell you your opinions were wrong even after asking for them.
I resigned on the spot and they seemed surprised.
fun, social enviorment
IQ Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 September 2017
i learned how to complete tasks . and how to work well with others, management was well organized. hardest part other job was not being able to console some costumers.
Not a great workplace
Associate Ecommerce Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
I have been working there for a few years. The management kept changing their mind. Always needed to work overtime. Everyone is working under stress. The whole culture is not healthy.
Sears Review
New Reciept Handling and Online Administration (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 September 2017
Sears has provided me with work experience in retail that I havent had before. It is a great spot for young people who are looking for their first job or someone who wants to gain work experience.. It has giving me lots of experience working on the floor, as a merchandizer, as a reciever, and as part of the inventory team. It is sad for me to say this but I am now looking for more stable job. Also looking for a better job that I can grow into.
Pros
Great experience for young people.
Cons
Unstable hours
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 September 2017
Nice job, good staff, nice pay and benefits. have worked for almost 2 years I enjoyed a lot. we were given good support from Manager and collegues. Nice place ot work .
Working with fellow team members was the best part, we worked as a team
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 September 2017
Shifts were different everyday depending on the merchandise and customer flow. Everybody helped each other no matter what department you worked in. Hardest part of the job was finding space to put merchandise when there was and overflow of trailers.
Pros
We had free lunches and prizes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9