Sears Employee Reviews

It was a great place to work!
Commission Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON26 January 2018
-open registers
-tidy up work area
-check messages and return customer calls
-check delivery pends
-follow up with customers after deliveries
-send out thank you cards
-greet customers as they entered the store
-help customer select product to best suit their requirements
-contact buyers regarding special orders
I loved my sales job at Sears Home! It was a perfect job because I was able to move around the store and also sit down with customers and give them personal attention. The compensation was fair and targets were attainable.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
working weekends
Work focused
Dock manager (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB26 January 2018
You start running and never stop even if you are of the clock . You were always in the dark on what's going on and what is going to happen . Communication was never there strong strength
Pros
Cons
Very long hour, you are never off the clock
fun place to work, the salary was low but a great group of people
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2018
I had a great job but my son passed away a year ago, I needed to work in a job that wasn't so much pressure so I went back to Sears as it was a fun and friendly environment while I was learning how to deal with my grief, I am ready to get back into the work force now.
Pros
flexible hours, fun people
Cons
pay was low
Great staff including management and supervisors.
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 January 2018
Did cashier work, did orders on computer for catalogue sales as well as switchboard and journal sorting in the morning. Only worked three days a week Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday's.
I did this job for 31 years in the same position and left as the store was closing. Worked from sept. 1986 till December 2017.liked coming to work because they accommodated me with working three days a week days only as I am type one diabetic. Everyone was always helpful when you needed them. Would still be working there if they were still a company.
Pros
Had good hours. Could count on management when needed. Associates were also fun to have in my dept.
Cons
Sometimes had a problem with phones not being answered by Associates so came back to switchboard, had associates that spoke their own language which made it uncomfortable
Employee Friendly
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 January 2018
Everyone I've worked with is passionate about their job and work which they were doing. My managers were extremely upfront and realistic about what they expect from me. It was an amazing experience working in sears.
Pros
Friendly and Encouraging
Cons
Not Observed any
Poor pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC25 January 2018
They never increased salary from minimum wage for regular cashier and floor associates. Scheduling was often last minute. In-store management did their best, but was often hampered by corporate constantly changing their mind on how they wanted the floor set, etc.
So sad the company is gone
ASSOCIATE CATEGORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
Never worked so hard but the challenge was worth it. Such a great group with amazing talent. The best people I've ever worked with. Hope to work with them again in the future......
an ok place to work for
Sales Associate(MRT) (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON25 January 2018
worked there for 3 years

enjoyed working for the company

meet new people everyday

got a good discount

got good hours

worked around my schedule
Pros
got paid well
Cons
hours got cut
good environment to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON24 January 2018
nice workplace and friendly co-workers. i learned how to communicate and interact with customers.I love my job and i work hard to improve my skill and knowledge
friendly worplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2018
polite manager, understanding staff, clean and fun workplace with good people to be around. I would continue to work there if it didn't close down. Overall good.
Pros
discounted items
Cons
closing down
Was a great company to work for
Human Resources Lead (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON24 January 2018
Really enjoyed my time with Sears Canada. Great people that fostered a family environment. Hours were reasonable. Management was great. Sad to see this company is closing.
Pros
Family cuture
Cons
Pay was not outstanding
Great place - will miss it
Bilingual Operational Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2018
Enjoyed working there, The people were great, management helpful in career advancement. Benefits were great. positive and negative feedback when required was very helpful to improve skills
Pros
benefits, activities
Cons
pay
Was fun and a great place to work
Merchandising/Dock Pick up Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 January 2018
A typical day was to put out the incoming sock each week and tare down and put up all new promotional adds within the store. Employees were the best helping out other departments went needed
excellent
Sales Professional/Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 January 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was serving customers and sharing my day with co-workers.
Furthermore, I appreciated working in a busy environment, my day went by rather quickly.
About Sears
Team Lead Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON23 January 2018
I have worked with Sears for 10 years; from 2007-2016 although the staff and the management of the location I was working at were fantastic. The overall management of Sears as a whole was unsuccessful. They have laid off thousands of workers without compensation or severance packages. I find this unfair and unjust.
Pros
Potlucks, great team, everyone got along
Cons
not enough hours, only offer part-time schedules to employees
office closed and moved
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON22 January 2018
i worked for sears in collection and i loved it. i left because of my health which i am happy to say is much better. that is the reason i left st. mary's general hospital as well.
Best
Helper (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON22 January 2018
I had the best time of my life. The staff was very friendly. willing to help and support you.
the management was great
sold all most everything
simply, loved it
very busy
, Shipper/Receiver, Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2018
Everyone I worked with at sears was very good at there jobs. IT was
un fortunate that we had to close our doors. We had no control about the situation that had happened that resulted in the closure.
It was a great company to work for
Transportation support manager for western \Canada (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2018
Was a great place to work, very people focused. big family and team based culture. Will be greatly missed.

always put the customer first . same could be said about the staff.
It wa fun Working At Sears.
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON22 January 2018
All the Employee and Managers are very Co-operative. It wa a really a very good Experience working at Sears Canada. i love to work there and help the customers to find the things .
Pros
there were weekend free lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

55K