Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,343 reviews matching the search
Would still be working there if Sears had not closed
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 13, 2016
My time at Sears was overall a good experience. I enjoyed how all the employees got along and interacted with one another. There was always help if there was a question to be asked. And fair with schedules. The Management was great and got involved with the store and involved the employees with ideas relating to the Store.
Pros
Free lunches, Relaxed environment
Cons
When it wasn't busy
Productive and friendly workplace.
Sales Associate - Appliances & Hardware Dept. (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONJune 13, 2016
Sears is a fun place to work; I worked in the hardware department for over four years as well as selling Major Appliances for a period of time.

Each day was quite interesting as new shipments arrived to be placed in inventory all the while welcoming and assisting the steady stream of customers who arrived daily searching for a host of different products available be it lawn tractors, mowers, appliances and much more. Product training was available and welcomed on all major products enabling sales associates to remain current and knowledgeable while discussing product features with customers. The more product training available, the more we learned.

Co-workers, as well as management in our respective departments, were very helpful and worked quite well together as we all had the same goal in mind; excellent customer service resulted in repeat customer business.

While there were no appreciable hard parts to the job, the most enjoyable part of being a member of the sales team at Sears was in welcoming customers, asking questions as well as answering all questions and, finally, assisting those customers with making their purchase.
Pros
Very nice people to work with; very friendly and helpful.
Cons
Job Security
Associates felt like family, part of the community.
Senior Manager Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 10, 2016
A typical day was preparing for the mornings quickhit meeting, reviewing previous days results and motivating and informing the sales team of the days targets: sales, and account acquisitions. I was on the selling floor providing customer service, monitoring associates performance and reviewing store standards: merchandising presentation, in store signing accuracy and product replenishment. What I learned the most was about people, customers, co workers, and associates how they interact with each other and how day to day interactions can improve the customers experience and improve associate knowledge. I was part of a strong management team that supported one in other to achieve store results. The most difficult part of the job was at times not able to resolve customer disappointment in product failure, warranty issues, service and delivery concerns. The most enjoyable part of the job was long time customer loyalty and the satisfaction of helping customers and building relationships with customers and staff.
Pros
Associate engagement in celebrating great performance and recognitionawarded..
Cons
Extended hours for earlier openings and later closings with less management coverage at times.
Sears
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 9, 2016
Overall I enjoyed working at SEARS. I stayed there for so long for the experience of being a Manager. There was no career advancement there, salary could have been better considering some of the situations I encountered.
working at sears was satisfactory
Cashier/ Retail Sales Representive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
On given days, during the early hours you will fine me speaking to people, finding out proactively what there priorities are for the week, making sure the task at hand is done. My co-workers where team players they make sure the task is always done and on time. The hardest part of the job was when costumers come for a certian product and we didnt have the product. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing costumers happy an my co-workers.
Pros
Cons
cut hours
Truck Day
Customer Service Representative/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ONJune 8, 2016
Truck would come in on Tuesday and Thursday and usually around 3-3:30pm. Once the truck would arrive, I would scan and unload customer or catalogue orders and place them in the customer pick up area. Depending on how many orders were loaded, a typical time frame would be and hour to hour and a half. The worst part of unloading customer orders would be all the major appliances or fitness due to the weight. During that time, customers would come in a pick up their items from past trailers or i would have to go pick up an item from the sales floor. Once that is complete, i would match the correct tag to the customers receipt, file and then contact the customers letting them know that their items have arrived and ready for pickup. Later on i would go and help the rest of the tem unload the rest of the trailer.
fun workplace and flexible shifts, management very co-operative
beauty Advisor, counter-manager (Former Employee) –  Sears BramaleaJune 7, 2016
Day starts with a daily morning meeting reconizing top performances and met sales targets. Once the store opens, everyone comes out from behind the counters to greet customers. Co-workers are very supportive and co-operative. Hardest part of the job is when its not busy and you've got big targets to meet. However everyone helps one another without being too focused on their own counter or commission. When there's a customer that needs help, anyone available helps. The part I love the most about this job is meeting new people everyday and doing makeup on customers.
Decent
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 6, 2016
The employees were pretty great. It was a really positive work environment. The management was either right on your butt or they were way too laid back. The job itself was very easy, and you learned to multi-task.
Pros
The people and the work environment were great
Cons
One shift/week
Fast paced. Every day you learned something new.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONJune 5, 2016
Everyday started with scanning/checking customer orders. Learned a lot about appliances and different products. Worked directly with the owners. We had an awesome team that got along very well.The hardest part of the job was unhappy customers. i would assist them in resolving issues. The best part of the job was being in a great work environment. i enjoyed meeting new people and being able to help them.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
The store closed
Sears is a great place to start.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 3, 2016
My day is always different; never boring and never the same. I always enjoy working at Sears. The people are great, the employees are even better.
Cons
The pay is not great. Or even good.
Always had a face paced working day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 3, 2016
Learned how to work as a team with coworkers
Fast pace getting clothes on the floor
the most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people.
Pros
free lunch once a month
Cons
always had to work evenings and weekends
Many changes
Service and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 30, 2016
I spent 24 years with Sears Canada inc, working from the ground up, over the years i had witnessed many changes, and i still maintain many contacts from the past
Pros
Great place to work shop and invest
Cons
pay to work ration
Fun and promising company
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 30, 2016
Sears is a great company to work for. From the management team to the co-workers, everyone is extremely helpful and hardworking. Not only did I gain practical experience from Sears, but I also received outstanding costumer service and communication skills. It was delightful working for such a welcoming company.
Retail Job
Modern Shop Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
It was a retail job where you provide customer service to all the clients who came in. Helping them find the right clothes for their body shape etc.
Retail Environment
Business Development Lead (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 25, 2016
I managed the staff in Major Appliances, Furniture and Home Entertainment areas. The biggest part of the job was to make sure my staff was happy and needed everything to do their jobs. I always tried to take into account things that were going in their lives when i scheduled their hours.

Learned to deal with employee issues and customer issues.

Hardest part of the job was never knowing what hours you were going to work.Also for me was having to sell merchandise.

I enjoyed the challenges that every day brought.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Evening and weekend shifts
Assisting great customers
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 23, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of coming in and going to my assigned cash register area/booth and working there. Most days I would close alone, therefore was I counted on for proper cash deposits and transactions at the end of the day.
nice environment but stressful job
Inbound customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCMay 21, 2016
very stressful job as there is so many change in the policy of the company , very nice environment , very friendly , very good insurance
Pros
25% discount in sears
Poorly Managed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 18, 2016
Sears' official policy is firmly entrenched in the past. Managers are poorly paid and it is evident they could not be successful elsewhere. The company's official stance is that anyone can be trained for any job which completely disregards the inherent attributes of all people. The term Human Resource is wasted here.
Cons
No Reall recognition for doing a job properly. Competence is not a requirement
Sears Hardware Department
Sales Associate, Hardware Department (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 18, 2016
Sears is a great company but unfortunately there isnt enough hours to get a full time position. Great staff and customer base. I learned many customer service skills within the company.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
This was a fun and interactive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 17, 2016
A typical day at working here was booking appointments, or talking photos of clients and their families. I learned a lot about interacting with customers, and how to pose people for shots. I found the hardest part of the job was trying to get some of the younger kids to smile for the photo.
Pros
Getting to work with kids
Cons
Long periods of no work

2.9