Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,371 reviews matching the search
Interesting experience
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMarch 4, 2016
sign in, answer calls, take orders and enter them into the computer,
I learned how to enter data into specific data bases, strengthen my social and communication skills.
Some of the Management was barely around when they were needed and expected extra favors, some were a great help and very understanding and appreciative.
Co-workers kept to themselves except when help was needed or on break (no time while working to socialize)
Hardest part of the Job was when I had a customer need help but I couldn't figure out a solution right away and tried to find a manager to assist and there was absolutely no one around to help which turned into and enjoyable experience because I then figured out a solution and the customer was happy with it and hearing her say that "I was a pleasure talking to and that I was an asset to sears, and if they ever lost me it would be their loss!"
Pros
I got to speak to customers from all over the world and help them place orders or fix orders.
Cons
Most of the Managers were never around and didn't seem to want to be there to help when needed.
Great company but they hurt their own business.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 5, 2016
Awesome co-workers and management team.
The hardest part of the job was the constant changes of the schedule
as well as the constant changes in district managers made it frustrating.
Extreme pressure to be very similar to another company.
Compromising time for quality.
The most enjoyable part was enjoying the job by taking photos and working with amazing staff definitely helped.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Shorter hours, too many changes
Good place to work but the future is uncertain with lack of sales and lack of capital to make company profit again
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 6, 2016
In the building services enviroment it is fast paced and priorities change daily. To support this department I have acquired the skills of several software systems which I used daily. Difficult part of the job is satisfied internal customers. I enjoy the team I work with.
Pros
Free lunch several time of the year. Christmas party for kids.
Not bad for a first job, but not easy
Canada Merchandise Flow Team Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 15, 2015
The job involves a lot of monotony, heavy lifting and a very old customer base which means a lot of people who are hard to deal with.

hours vary from 50 hours a week to 12 so not a lot of consistency, even in full time.

almost every job in the dock is ''non standard work'' ie cleaning blood or vomit, or dealing with 4 month overdue items or failed deliveries.
filing system is almost archaic using a scanner from the 80s and a accordion file. half the customers want to load a 150lb range into their full mini van and dont understand when we cant do much for them.

the people on the other hand are great. barely any complaints about other staff and everyone is friendly. regular meetings with store and ops managers from each department every 3 or 4 weeks means new ideas and problems get dealt with quickly.

raises are rare and are mainly given to the staff as celebration days where meals are provided for everyone to enjoy.
pleasant work environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 8, 2016
Sears is a company in flux. There are lots of changes happening and it can sometimes create confusion, but no more than any other national chain store that is re-branding itself. The mall is a nice place to work. Free parking, food court, a/c, hours of operation...all positives for me.
Pros
Free parking, A/C, food court, staff discount
Cons
not a lot of hours, dress code, outdated Point of Sale system is slow and limited
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONAugust 13, 2016
a typical day at work Clean up Department, organize racks, make sure merchandise was in order of product. keep fitting Rooms Clean.
Help Customers always, learned about changes in the Department
Management was always there to help you if needed it.
Working with my co-works was total team work.
Making sure all Customers were satisfied with my services.
Pros
The Family atmosphere
Cons
I worked when ever needed
An easy to learn job
Sales Associate in Bed & Bath (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 18, 2016
I worked in the house wears and bed and bath department. Basically I'd just help any customers with any questions, help them find what they wanted, and made sure everything on the shelf was tidy and presented well.
I learned about the products I was selling and how gift registries worked.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with products that I thought were pretty, and my co-workers made it a fun job.
productive,keeping busy,fun co-workers
Customer and technician services (Former Employee) –  islington ave nJune 21, 2016
typical day is busy with good results.

learned to be active,serious,honest,happy,with good results

manage with respect,example,focus.

co-workers are important,help them,respect them,don't interfere in
their personnel life.

hardest part of the job is picky,erregante customer,trouble maker.

enjoyable part helping and interacting with customer,getting them
what they looking for.
Pros
achieving
Cons
untrained leads
For temporary it is a good place to work at.
Cashier/ Sales Associate - Full time employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2016
Sears Canada, is a good place to work at. Customers are friendly and the coworkers are more friendly. The hardest part of the job was when there were no people and we were bored. The enjoyable part was working together as a team. After all I learned a lot of customer service skills from Sears.
Pros
Lunch breaks were pretty long.
Cons
Sometimes get boring.
Great coworkers and understanding departmental managers
Jewellery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONSeptember 7, 2016
I worked with great coworkers and management was very understanding. We had strict goals that involved signing customers up for the Sears Credit Card and Sears Mastercard. Sales goals were celebrated and praised across the store.

Our manager was very understanding and sympathetic.
Pros
Good atmosphere among coworkers
Cons
Often work alone
Fast paced. Every day you learned something new.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONJune 5, 2016
Everyday started with scanning/checking customer orders. Learned a lot about appliances and different products. Worked directly with the owners. We had an awesome team that got along very well.The hardest part of the job was unhappy customers. i would assist them in resolving issues. The best part of the job was being in a great work environment. i enjoyed meeting new people and being able to help them.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
The store closed
Learning selling process and customer service.
Customer Sales and service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 21, 2015
I was offered that job just for the busiest time of the year, and it was short but great experience with offering products and making delivered to a customers, as my salary was depending on sold of amount. At that place a workers should work independently, and do the best in their selling.
Would still be working there if Sears had not closed
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 13, 2016
My time at Sears was overall a good experience. I enjoyed how all the employees got along and interacted with one another. There was always help if there was a question to be asked. And fair with schedules. The Management was great and got involved with the store and involved the employees with ideas relating to the Store.
Pros
Free lunches, Relaxed environment
Cons
When it wasn't busy
Productive Work Environment
Parts Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, OntarioJuly 10, 2016
A typical day at Sears Parts and Service starts off quietly with a few customers. There are many duties the store itself requires. The staff members are allocated to their sections and the store display is maintained throughout their working day; signage is adjacent to the merchandise regular and sale prices; researching or returning part selections and point of sale entries.

The Sears culture of commitment, and customer loyalty takes priority as low or high volume of customers enter the store.

I learned a management position requires much studious dedication starting with customer concerns, store presentation, point of sale reports, scheduling, and most importantly employee coaching.

My biggest adjustment is balancing duties, requiring attention, and considered a work in progress. There are goals and future deadlines
The future deadlines I have trouble excepting, as a developed attitude of finishing what I started by not putting off until tomorrow ensues.

The most enjoyable part of employment with Sears is the stimulus of
coaching, and suiting Customer service representatives with day to day functions
Pros
Linked team environment
Cons
Implementing a team environment when an employee puts and I into our work culture.
Fun filled working enviroment
Associate Buyer - Furniture (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2016
Something new is learnt each and everyday. It is always fun having to resolve issues for store associate and helping them close a sale. I work with people who are more less like family. I enjoy coming to work on a daily base.
Pros
We have team Pizza Lunches every Month.
Cons
Just like every work, it can sometimes get stressful with the work load.
Productive And Fun Experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2016
Communication is well with al the staff. Assisted customers with their cash transactions as well as debit, credit card and gift cards. Management was very responsible and communication with employees were spot on. Co workers were all kind and easy to have communication with. No hard part at work everything was up to speed and easy to complete/ Enjoyable part of work was working with all of my co workers and managers.
Pros
Good hours. Excellent communication
great company to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2016
I learned to work in fast paced environment during busy season of sale (christmas sale). I dealt with confused, rude, difficult, nice, and very nice customers. I also handled difficult customers very politely and tried to resolve their problems very efficiently and if I couldn't then I contacted manager.
Pros
employee discount, nice work
Cons
ugly colleagues
Friendly environment and good team work
Specialist sales Person and Customer service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 7, 2016
Sears is an old well organized company with a many different type of employees from student to the elderly people. every day was a new experience for me, the hardest and most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the customer and management occasionally congrats me for the way I treated customers.I learned how to deal with customers and co-workers in a big group and learned how can I be a team player.
Pros
it was a friendly environment and at the same time we had to make the sales.
Cons
it wasn't really in my field of studying.
Great Job for the Right Person
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2016
Have worked for the company for a long time, and sometimes feel like I care more about the job and the customers then the managers in the company do.

Other than that, it is commission based and if you are willing to put in the time and effort to grow your own business, you can do well for income. if you are not good with people, you will struggle.
Excellent working Invironment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 2, 2016
It has been excellent experience working at Sears Stores for the last more than one and half year Excellent working environment &, excellent and supporting team members,very caring and supporting management.Very enjoyable and encouraging customer interaction while dealing with the customer resulting into building long term customer relationship

2.9