Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,133 reviews matching the search
friendly and generally given lots of space when doing a task
MPT Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 7, 2016
whenever I was given a task to do they would always give me lots of freedom to do it how I wanted, no micro-management. most of the mangers and higher ups were friendly but sometimes they would out-source there jobs to me because I am young and fit.
I worked in men's dress shop and men's wear
men's dress shop and men's wear (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NBFebruary 10, 2016
I enjoyed the job and had great satisfaction in my position . 3 other people were hired for this position in the last year. I was told I was doing a good job . Then the day after a big sale ,just after my first break was taken into an office and told I was no longer needed . I was escorted to my locker and to the door, I asked 3 times why . It took the manager of the store 3 weeks to call me and tell why I was let go. Reason was I was not aggressive enough with customers . Within two weeks my lead was fired and now they looking for new manager For the store . Management was terrible . The staff was great and wonderful to work with.
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
terrible management
Fun place to work
Merchandising Presentation Team (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BCFebruary 9, 2016
A typical work day consists of putting out stock, cleaning assigned department, merchandising of clothes, marking down products to clearance, re-merchandising of clearance, and weekly sale set-up and take down. I have learned a lot about the ins and outs of retail merchandising in the two and a half years at Sears and really enjoy working in a team environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with customers and my co-workers.
Pros
great management team, christmas party, staff bbq's
Cons
not enough hours
Busy but good management and a professional Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 5, 2016
Good Management, busy in the office. Hardest part is not enough hours for their employees.
I learned data entry and the delivery system. I learned how the catalogue system works. Most enjoyable part of work is having Galas and prizes every few weekends
Assisting great customers
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 23, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of coming in and going to my assigned cash register area/booth and working there. Most days I would close alone, therefore was I counted on for proper cash deposits and transactions at the end of the day.
Decent
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 6, 2016
The employees were pretty great. It was a really positive work environment. The management was either right on your butt or they were way too laid back. The job itself was very easy, and you learned to multi-task.
Pros
The people and the work environment were great
Cons
One shift/week
Sears Hardware Department
Sales Associate, Hardware Department (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 18, 2016
Sears is a great company but unfortunately there isnt enough hours to get a full time position. Great staff and customer base. I learned many customer service skills within the company.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place, wonderful co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 9, 2016
Sears was a great place to work. A typical day would be opening the store at 9am, dealing with customers and orders. I loved my managers and co-workers. The hardest part of my job was dealing with angry customers. The most enjoyable part of my job was solving problems and helping good customers.
Friendly, relaxing environment
Sales Floor Associate - Menswear (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJanuary 27, 2016
This was a temporary position taken on during the Christmas season. Duties included assisting customers with any questions or concerns, recommending products, doing inventory on the weekends and, keeping the workplace clean and sanitary.

Coworkers were generally friendly but, not always available if I had a question. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I had satisfied a customer with a question or concern. I did however, find this position too slow-paced and lacking in challenge.
Used to be great company to work for.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 6, 2016
The company is focus on short term plans, stop the bleeding now but not focusing on long terms company future. Without good plan just putting out fires every day, very reactive culture, too many management changes.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
long hours, too much travel
It was a fun place to work because of the great Staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJanuary 21, 2016
Very busy at the cash desk, which I loved.
Had to learn how to use very old cash registers.
Management was not very supportive.
My co-workers where awesome, everyone got along
It was very hard to sell there credit cards.
The most enjoyable part was the customers, they were a lot of fun and interesing.
Pros
Co-workers, customers
Cons
Management had head office problems that trickled down to staff.
Hardware Fitness and seasonal department
CAWP (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 28, 2016
While a good place to work for, there is not a whole lot of available hours. There is a lot of heavy lifting in the CAWP department, though co-workers tend to be excellent. Most management will work with you for your needs.
Fun and open company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 16, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with this company I have grown very close with my manger and coworkers. I feel part of a team going into work and know that I have the support of everyone in all my tasks. I have learned many new skills.
Strong commitment and loyalty from team members
Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioMarch 14, 2016
Culture is actively built from within each store store - and the people make the company successful. Lots of commitment at the store level to make the customer experience better.
Pros
Flexibility within your own market
Cons
Lack of corporate visibility at store level
Boring and repetitive you will do the exact same thing for all the years you are at sears
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
At sears our department was basically the kicking bag for all the other departments. We unboxed and checked all the items before scanning them onto the shelves. Some days other departments would be overloaded so we sent some people from our department to help. The problem with that was we then didnt get our own work done. Not once in the few years I worked there did any other department have a single person return the favour and help our department, Sears is just horribly managed by managers that sit in their offices all day to chat with eachother. They only surface from their office to tell someone off if they are below quota. This quota of course never took into account if items were too large to do more than a few an hour. So if you work here pray the forklift driver doesn't just give you all the sheet sets and 12 packs of shoes(12 shoe boxes only count as 1 item).
Pros
free lunch at christmas
Cons
mismanaged and long boring work
overall this workplace is very productive
Home delivery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
my typical day at work is like loading furnitures and appliances on the truck and securing them properly and learning to deliver them to the correct addresses. Getting the delivery on a timely manner was very important.
Sears
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 9, 2016
Overall I enjoyed working at SEARS. I stayed there for so long for the experience of being a Manager. There was no career advancement there, salary could have been better considering some of the situations I encountered.
Many changes
Service and Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBMay 30, 2016
I spent 24 years with Sears Canada inc, working from the ground up, over the years i had witnessed many changes, and i still maintain many contacts from the past
Pros
Great place to work shop and invest
Cons
pay to work ration
A good place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJuly 22, 2016
A typical day is filling customers orders and then doing returns. I have learned how to work with my co workers. Its fun to learn new jobs and to be able to work in different departments. I like the early start times
Always had a face paced working day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 3, 2016
Learned how to work as a team with coworkers
Fast pace getting clothes on the floor
the most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people.
Pros
free lunch once a month
Cons
always had to work evenings and weekends

2.9