Sears

Sears Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Floating Cashier
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chilliwack, BCJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: not really any
I worked mostly Ladies Wear and Lingerie.I loved working with my co-workers.
fun meeting new people
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: understanding manager decent breaks
Cons: not treated the same, jelioucy
it is not the best place due to the fact of workers not treating you the same but i did not let that affect me i just used it as a motivation to push my self and prove that i am better than the rest i still treat everyone with respect to show i am different and just continue with it
I enjoyed most of my job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Stockton, CA and Daytona Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2015
I liked the excitement that working in sales and retail. Everyday was new and you never knew what you were going to do. The environment was fun and most of the staff were nice and friendly.
Enjoyable and friendly work environment
Professional sales floor assistance (Former Employee), Lethbridge , ABJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free food sometimes
Working at sears opened my eyes to a new aspect of customer service . The work environment was friendly and welcoming .
Sales focused
Contact Center Team Leader (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Sears was a great place to work. A lot of people that you interact with each and every day, many friendships made.
The wages are above all other contact centers in the area and the benefits are good.
Great experience gained
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), ONJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great team
I learned a lot from working with Sears. The management team was supportive and great. I got the chance to experience what it is like to have a weekly target.
great work place
Department Manager, Assistant District Manager (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 7, 2015
Excellent company to work for and start your retail career with
friendly behavior with co worker
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: contractual work
nice experience from my work in sears , i lent many things and build my confidence because of support of my co worker .

free lunch on weekend
Store culture is very positive
Counter Manager, Estee Lauder Cosmetics (Former Employee), MarkhamJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: great freindly environment
Cons: evening and weekend hours
This location was a fun place to work as the team was friendly, and the supportive of one another.

A typical day at work would involve reviewing sales targets for the day, and what strategies would be used to achieve those goals, ensuring your work area is clean and presentable and ready to receive customers. The overall focus is sales.

I was mentored by an excellent department manager, who advised me on how to manage the business from the ground up.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is interaction with clientelle.
It was a blast and received a ton of new experience
sales associate (Current Employee), Newmarket OntarioDecember 31, 2014
I had a lot of fun experiencing the new things I learned while working at sears. The employees always made me feel welcomed the business just seemed a little slow to me
Sears Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kennedy CommonsDecember 15, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: too much downtime
Calm paced commission environment. Comfortable scheduling and great management team. Learned about creating professional relationships with different age groups. Hardest part of the job was finding things to do during downtime.
incentives and bonuses for rapid credit
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), Saint John, NBDecember 15, 2014
Pros: bonues and incentive programs
Cons: 4 conversion rate or dismissal
learned new register systems and enjoted the people and co workers
Good
Cashier-Seasonal (Former Employee), bramptonDecember 11, 2014
Sears is a very well managed store, from everyone in the management to the co workers
Entry Level Experience
Human Resource Administrator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no opportunities for advancement.
Sears is a great company to work for, this was my first job in Human Resources field. I gained lots of skills and learnt lots. I do Pre-Screening of applicant, job postings online, orientation for new hires, internal letters, performance reviews, attendance management, and more.
Co-workers are really supportive, hardworking, and encouraging you to do better. Most enjoyable part about my position is attending job fairs and recruiting.
fun
parts pod (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Its good, everyone follows the rules. But nobody cares the company. I feel my co-workers just waiting the company shut down.
it's a little better than nothing.
Hardware Sales Associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: ...
Cons: look at review.
60 day review was late, given 2 weeks just before 90 day review. same thing with 30 day review, was also late.
expected to have knowledge of the engines, the amount of horsepower, luggage, sports equipment, seasonal items etc.
expected to get customers to sign up for credit cards, 1 credit sign up for every 20 customers/ transactions or get laid off.
sometimes, when asking for a manager to help, they would walk off and scribble another managers' name on a piece of paper while a customer is swearing on the phone at you and wanted to get a manager.
Other people who kept calling in sick were not addressed.
Some preferential treatment.
Gossiping in lunchroom inevitable, even if you don't take place, you'll walk in sitting and someone will be the target of discussion.
10.25/ hour to start and non-negotiable. there are people who have not had raises in 5 years.
was told only negative on the reviews, which is very against every reference and other job experience held.
I didn't have high expectations and they were re-affirmed.
If you attend the meetings, any valid criticisms will be taken as a 'personal attack' even when they are suggestions to improve customer experience.
Any complaints (numerous) will be directed to the 1800 4my home number, sometimes they do not know what parts to order.
customers, some, scream in the phone.
to call first aid, one time, it took 7 phone calls, none of the others had a key to go get a kit, about half hour wait. ironically, there is a health and safety bulletin board.

even Boston Pizza pays more, and you don't have to do any of the above.
I enjoy my workplace and I am happy working with co- workers.
VISUAL MERCHANDISING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Erin Mills, Mississauga,ONNovember 29, 2014
Pros: warm co-workers
Cons: no long hours
The day begins at 6 am.It's half an hour to one hour typical organizing of the given department with that starts the removing of signage.Once we are done with the new signing.The management asks to start replenishing. Replenishing is the most challenging part as it is to meet the deadline before the morning meeting which is 15 mins before 10 am, when the store opens for the customers.
Thereafter,it is really relaxing once the given task is done before we have to go for our first morning break.I then enjoy the chit-chatting with my co-workers with a warm cup of coffee.
Teamwork was key to success
Part Sales/Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches and reward for good work
Cons: too many changes to the department resulting in instability to the business
Gave me lots of challenges which I enjoyed. My team were second to none. I believe as a Manager by respecting them and getting to know each one in depth resulted in respect back and productive work. Generally speaking I enjoyed my time there because of my co workers and Management.
No traffic flow, quiet days
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sault Ste. MarieNovember 26, 2014
Work was slow and I took on other responsibilities to fill the time. I learned that I needed to work somewhere that allowed me to make commission or move forward. Management and co-workers were civil. The hardest part was trying to make a living at commissioned sales. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with customers.
Lovely place
Catalogue Associate (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCNovember 26, 2014
very amazing staff! Thank god I met them. Sears can be an awesome place to work and make friends and to learn about managmenent and job enhancement.

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more