Sears Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Clamp operator,Lead Hand (Import Dept) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2017
Management were great ,nice place to work, health and safety was the best First Aid team
Member of the Green Team.Training new associates was safety-rules
keep records of daily report
Pros
overtime
Cons
great shift
na
Customer Experience Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 November 2017
when I first started it was a lot of on the job training.
multitasking is a huge part of the day
management was great
workplace culture is very family feel. everyone works together
hardest part was learning parts
most enjoyable was the people
They were good
Merchandising Furniture for the sales floor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON4 November 2017
very good place to work. Had great time and would recommend applying for anyone. They worked around my life schedule very well and helped me get ahead.
It was wonderful working their while it was open
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB3 November 2017
The staff was amazing, and there was great leadership, the downfall was that it was cut short in the closing of the store, It is sad to see it go. Sears is a wonderful place to work, and I was blessed to be asked to work for the remaining time to help sell everything and tear down the structures.
was a rewarding place to work
Major Appliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2017
It was great helping people find appliances that suited their needs. Sears was a good retailer that lost their way. It really was a great place to work.
Pros
freedom to make decisions
Cons
they've gone out of business
Last Manager was not effective
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON2 November 2017
Worked hard for this company for over two decades - pay low and closed with no severance. The morale was low however some great co-workers who were long standing employees.
Cons
low pay, unappreciated by management
Productive work environment to help customer day to day needs
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 November 2017
multi tasking in the office, answering phone dealing with face to face customer, preparing schedule for office and dealing with day to day problem solving for customer accounts
working well with management and sales associates to better customer service experience for the company
enjoyed working to help customers with any inquiring that was given
involved with charity functions within the Sears
Health and Safety Specialist
sad ending
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 November 2017
Too bad the company is closing... The team was amazing, loved to go to work and the management in our team was good as well, the salary could be better.
Not a good place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON31 October 2017
Allot of drama between coworkers and management. Pay was ok but the hours were not good. Was hired as full time permanent but was let go/laid off within a couple months as the busy time was over.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Horrible environment not a good place to work
Great people
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON31 October 2017
Always learning new things . Working with associates in several areas of the building helping to achieve daily goals and objectives . Take on new processes with an open mind .
Good place
Dock Technician (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON31 October 2017
Good place. Liked the work there. It was hard but not excessive. We had great management and they dealt with some awful situations. Sears Home is closed now though.
A typical day at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 October 2017
Arrive at work 8am, enter in my time code. Check the daily list of things which are needed to be done for the day. Check in with head manager after head to the floor making sure that shelves are stocked and the store is clean. Customers begin to arrive I place myself near the entrance to greet everyone. Then I go to the back and unloading new products, informing my team. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of everything and making sure it all gets done, so that everyone is happy. I truly enjoy meeting customers and assisting them in any way I can and building a friendship with returning customers which is good for the store and the company I have learned to handle difficult tasks, to think outside the box and be creative. to be able to take the initiative and to speak my mind in a respectful manner.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Great place to work!
Team Lead, Customer Service Back Office (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB28 October 2017
Vibrant, enthusiastic and fun work environment. Management and Leadership Teams were supportive and engaged.

This was a new Contact Centre for Sears and sadly closed after 7 months of operations.
good working atmosphere
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 October 2017
Working with Sears is my first experience in retail industry. I learned almost everything what a sales associate has to do on a daily basis. I am a quick learner so i enjoy all new task given. The most enjoyable part of the job is to assist customers, help them to find items they are looking for...
Productive and Friendly environment
Parts Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2017
Work was exciting as the culture of the company was encouraging. My passion for my job also motivated me daily to go to work and work was exciting and fun for me.
Pros
Flexible hours
Great store to work in!
A&A Sales Manager/Customer Service Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON27 October 2017
All staff is friendly and welcoming-like family. Work-family balance is very much appreciated. Management treats everyone the same. You can count on all staff to help each other out at any time. Love working here.
Great work environment
Customer service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 October 2017
Steady pace, friendly faces, not a normal routined job. learned new lessons, made new goals, became more aware, gained more knowledge and skills overall great environment.
Great dedicated associates
Operations Manager - Sears Commercial (Former Employee) –  Corporate Office - Toronto26 October 2017
Great hard working associates dedicated to a company. Learned about various aspects of running a business.
Unfortunately company has been suffering for quite a few years now and has filed for Credit Protection.
Pros
People
Cons
Executive mismanagement
productive, amazing environment, family oriented and potlucks!
Merchandise Flow Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Laurent, ON25 October 2017
My hardest part about the job is leaving it!
My most enjoyable moment was almost every day that I was there.
Our typical day was making sure that all tasks were done and our customers happy.
Pros
every one cares about one another, very hard working loving family!
Some really good people who will be missed......
Visual Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 October 2017
Unfortunately, the fate of the company was written on the wall. Since the time I started there, is was in difficulty......it did not have a chance no matter how hard you worked or how loyal you were.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9