Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
easy fun job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Winnipeg manitobaMarch 7, 2016
i love being outdoors so working to outdoors garden centre was a fun experience. rain or shine i worked. even worked long hours when other employees were unable to make it. i took the initiative to go in for them.
Customer Service (Current Employee), West Edmonton Mall, ABMarch 6, 2016
Its amazing to work with sears. My reason to look for new job is that there is no growing opportunities.
Management team and co workers are very nice and understandable
I have learned how to up sell an item or add an item to their purchase.
Find somewhere else to work, folks!
District Sales Manager Ontario East-based (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 3, 2016
After 14 years of loyal service, was laid off in one of many such actions by Sears. There have been many great people I worked with at this company, and for that, I am grateful. However, the company itself has betrayed many, many people.
Alright for people who enjoy comission work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMarch 2, 2016
Pros: long breaks, good location, quiet setting
Cons: unfriendly people, stressful
To work successfully at Sears you need to sell a certain amount of their credit cards and most people shopping their already have one so its usually a miss. If you aren't a pushy sales person this job isn't for you. I liked the staff for the most part and management was okay. I was hired in a group with 3 other people and I believe we all were let go for not selling enough cards.
Conducive to work with
Administrative Assistant/Customer Service (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: reward employees
always provide training for the advancement of the employees every year to produce quality workers and effective employees
Busy nd hectic
Photographer (Former Employee), London, ONFebruary 25, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Sears, and my co-workers were amazing. It was usually a fun place to work, unless it was Christmas time. It was always very busy
The job is to organize and replenish the store management
Merchandising Presentation Team(stock) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: Some employee discount on store goods
Most of the time is to organize clothes and manage arrangement of the store. The thing I learned from this job is about how to fold clothes and arrange some shelves job.
Un travail plaisant.
Manutentionnaire (Former Employee), Laval, QCFebruary 25, 2016
Pros: Belle ambiance sans contraintes.
Cons: Le poids de la marchandise qui pouvait s'avérer plus ou moins lourd.
Le personnel est très chaleureux, le travail est partagé avec précision, c'est-à-dire que la quantité de travail à accomplir durant un quart de travail n'est jamais excédante à la capacité moyenne des employés.

Une organisation intacte, dès le début du quart, le travail est enclenché et ce jusqu'à la dernière minute, sans excès.
Liked the job, people good to work with
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Belleville, ONFebruary 24, 2016
The job was good, only draw back was it was not full time.
I enjoyed the challenges that came from doing security in a large warehouse setting. Everything from CCTV operation to First Aid response and investigation.
I would work here again
Organized and care about their employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 23, 2016
I find this workplace to have a good management team that cares about the employees' well-being. Frequently have events for employees such as pizza parties and potlucks.
Fun position, great co-workers, horrible boss !
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 20, 2016
Pros: Great Co-workers
Cons: Manager from heck!
I would dispatch 10 trucks throughout Vancouver Island to specific homes at specific times... routing each guy with their route, parts, timing and syncing them so that their days were fluid.

My boss was new and made and broke promises daily. Was very rude to some, and showed huge favortism to others.

I loved the job, but ended up hated going to work into what felt like elementary school games.
Worst job I have ever had
Sales (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 19, 2016
from day one you can tell it's a sinking ship. Badly behaved co workers and management. Toxic environment. One sales person called another's wife ugly, whose response was to pull a knife and threaten to kill him. They both kept heir jobs. I was almost on a fist fight over $0.30 Commission I accidentally stole. It was the second incidence of violence that my co worker had been invoked in, they still kept their job. They need to be gone from the Canadian busness landscape, terrible company.
General Manager (Former Employee), Kingston, ONFebruary 18, 2016
Working in management level to ensure all the goals and expectations are met in collaboration with senior leaders and associates.
good people
North Hill Operations Manager (Former Employee), calgary albertaFebruary 17, 2016
a company struggling to create itself anew in fast changing retail enviroment and is in need of fresh ideas and staff if it is to survive for any length of time
fun work place, people were very nice
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Truro, NSFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: the people i worked with were so easy to get along with and friendly
Cons: long christmas hours
My typical day of work would be ordering to make sure the store had all of the updated models and any that were going to be on sale for display. also had to make sure the work environment was clean and safe. made signs and had to order and ring in sales. I learned how to multitask, and learned all information about our craftsman products. My co-workers were very pleasant to work with and we all got along great. The hardest part of the job was stock, because everything was so large and heavy to move. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers.
I worked in men's dress shop and men's wear
men's dress shop and men's wear (Former Employee), Bathurst, NBFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: great enviroment
Cons: terrible management
I enjoyed the job and had great satisfaction in my position . 3 other people were hired for this position in the last year. I was told I was doing a good job . Then the day after a big sale ,just after my first break was taken into an office and told I was no longer needed . I was escorted to my locker and to the door, I asked 3 times why . It took the manager of the store 3 weeks to call me and tell why I was let go. Reason was I was not aggressive enough with customers . Within two weeks my lead was fired and now they looking for new manager For the store . Management was terrible . The staff was great and wonderful to work with.
Bad place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Brockville, ONFebruary 9, 2016
If you don't get like 10 people a day to sign up for the sears card you get fired, I ended up quitting and while I was there so many people got fired for it
Fun place to work
Merchandising Presentation Team (Current Employee), Prince George, BCFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: great management team, christmas party, staff bbq's
Cons: not enough hours
A typical work day consists of putting out stock, cleaning assigned department, merchandising of clothes, marking down products to clearance, re-merchandising of clearance, and weekly sale set-up and take down. I have learned a lot about the ins and outs of retail merchandising in the two and a half years at Sears and really enjoy working in a team environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with customers and my co-workers.
Due to outsourcing the internal IT department is just a shell of it's former self.
Application Architect (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: Very friendly group of employees .
Cons: Lack of directions
Sears was a great company to be part of IT for many years but unfortunately that is no longer the case with the possible exception of the infrastructure group.
always productive at work
Material Handler (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 8, 2016
i enjoy my work with all multicultural coworkers and have good time along with them working, SEARS is a prestigious organization, thousands of workers work here, its good company
Headquarters