Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,120 reviews matching the search
Friendly environment and good team work
Specialist sales Person and Customer service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 7, 2016
Sears is an old well organized company with a many different type of employees from student to the elderly people. every day was a new experience for me, the hardest and most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the customer and management occasionally congrats me for the way I treated customers.I learned how to deal with customers and co-workers in a big group and learned how can I be a team player.
Pros
it was a friendly environment and at the same time we had to make the sales.
Cons
it wasn't really in my field of studying.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 22, 2016
A typical day consists of helping customers on the floor, cleaning the tables and making sure everything is hung accordingly as well as assisting customers in the fitting room. I learned about attention to detail from working at sears. There was an amicable comradery between managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not being able to find what the customer wants in store whereas the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to brighten their day.
Cons
A team-oriented work environment with engaged and creative colleagues
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 19, 2015
Sears Canada is a wonderful place to work. The environment is one in which colleagues are encouraged to be fully engaged, and are offered many opportunities to participate by contributing to the betterment of the company. There are a lot of fun, and team building events within the company. It really does feel like you are part of one big family all striving toward the common core values. Once a week you will have an opportunity to engage your team members and discuss successes, and ideas. I've learned that the environment you work in makes all the difference in the world. The people I work with within the company are caring, understanding, and very talented.
Pros
Great Benefits, including Vacation, Great work out facility
Cons
Limited food items in the cafeteria
Working for Sears
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  cornwall centre, Regina SKJune 15, 2016
-Typically my day involved opening a cash register and looking amazing. i sold vacuums the most as more vacuum customers were present than mattress customers. when you sell a mattress you go through a long process and sometimes complicated to handle operating system to order in the mattress and schedule a delivery.
-i learned in depth exactly how a vacuum is created how the machine works and which brands are good quality and which are "money-grabs" I developed sometimes lengthy relationships with customers in order to find the right mattress on the right budget and i was very appreciated every time.
-My direct manager was good and credible but the heart of sears has turned it's moral compass.
-i worked with an amazing set of people all who had lots of experience to share and stories to tell as most were 40-55 years of age.
-The hardest part of my job was learning the systems, they were from the 1940's and i've learned code like javex so that's saying something/
-The most enjoyable part of my job was how thankful everyone was that i knew my products to a tee and was such and understanding person. i usually received a couple job offers a month!
fun work place, people were very nice
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSFebruary 12, 2016
My typical day of work would be ordering to make sure the store had all of the updated models and any that were going to be on sale for display. also had to make sure the work environment was clean and safe. made signs and had to order and ring in sales. I learned how to multitask, and learned all information about our craftsman products. My co-workers were very pleasant to work with and we all got along great. The hardest part of the job was stock, because everything was so large and heavy to move. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers.
Pros
the people i worked with were so easy to get along with and friendly
Cons
long christmas hours
working at sears was satisfactory
Cashier/ Retail Sales Representive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
On given days, during the early hours you will fine me speaking to people, finding out proactively what there priorities are for the week, making sure the task at hand is done. My co-workers where team players they make sure the task is always done and on time. The hardest part of the job was when costumers come for a certian product and we didnt have the product. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing costumers happy an my co-workers.
Pros
Cons
cut hours
Horrible company
MPT (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 2, 2016
I worked for this company for last couple years and i don't have nothing nice to say. I was part of MP Team, it was fun place to work when we had a good leader, nice, friendly and approachable person somebody who knows her job. She left and somebody else took over and everything went downhill and your job started to be very stressful, people started to quit, job can't be done because they don't have people or new people don't have proper training and they don't know what to do, but there is no understandings from management, they keep their eyes closed or their going call you to the office for a lecture, hours are very bad one shift per week or two, MPT starts their shift at 5 a.m. not fun at all, Thursday is signs day and it is a horrible day, you can't go for break or home until signing is done and because they don't have people that takes time, no wonder nobody wants to stay. no hours, bad management, horrible leader, very pushy, not friendly, not approachable, rude, a lot of work waiting to be done but they don't have hours or people. So my point is spare yourself a lot of stress and go find somewhere else same job because It is not worth it..sorry Sears.
Pros
very nice, friendly co-workers
Cons
bad management, bad hours, very demanding job
Too much pressure for Rapid Credits!
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  VICTORIA BCFebruary 28, 2015
As a high school student entering university, I did not enjoy my overall experience at sears. The co-workers we're so friendly and nice, yet the management at sears is very unorganized and pressure you to sign people up for Sears cards.

At one time the head manager and little sticky notes, with individual names on them (including mine) and sticked them to her office door, for everyone to see who hasn't been signing people up for sears cards! This created an environment that was negative and not uplifting. it didn't motivate me at all. All they really care about is signing people up for Sears Cards, yes it helps the company but it does not motivate your employees, it just discourages them.

Whats even worst, is that my position is a floor replenishment and merchandizer so i am rarely on the cash desk to even discuss sears cards...

The pay at Sears is minimum wage...i have never received a raise yet or bonuses. (working for over a year)
Pros
co-workers
Cons
sears cards
Fast paced. Every day you learned something new.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONJune 5, 2016
Everyday started with scanning/checking customer orders. Learned a lot about appliances and different products. Worked directly with the owners. We had an awesome team that got along very well.The hardest part of the job was unhappy customers. i would assist them in resolving issues. The best part of the job was being in a great work environment. i enjoyed meeting new people and being able to help them.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
The store closed
Amazing place to work with positive work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 22, 2016
Sears was a great employer for me. I got to learn improve many of my skills such as, customer service, sales, time management, and cash handling skills. The management there was very friendly and supportive. Employees would go the extra mile to teach you the tips and tricks needed to do better at the job.
productive,keeping busy,fun co-workers
Customer and technician services (Former Employee) –  islington ave nJune 21, 2016
typical day is busy with good results.

learned to be active,serious,honest,happy,with good results

manage with respect,example,focus.

co-workers are important,help them,respect them,don't interfere in
their personnel life.

hardest part of the job is picky,erregante customer,trouble maker.

enjoyable part helping and interacting with customer,getting them
what they looking for.
Pros
achieving
Cons
untrained leads
Busy but good management and a professional Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONApril 5, 2016
Good Management, busy in the office. Hardest part is not enough hours for their employees.
I learned data entry and the delivery system. I learned how the catalogue system works. Most enjoyable part of work is having Galas and prizes every few weekends
It was a fun place to work because of the great Staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJanuary 21, 2016
Very busy at the cash desk, which I loved.
Had to learn how to use very old cash registers.
Management was not very supportive.
My co-workers where awesome, everyone got along
It was very hard to sell there credit cards.
The most enjoyable part was the customers, they were a lot of fun and interesing.
Pros
Co-workers, customers
Cons
Management had head office problems that trickled down to staff.
Great People to work for and with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 18, 2016
I interacted with every customer and helped them to the best of my ability to find what they were looking for.
I learned their Point of Sale system and different Sears programs.
My boss treated me with the utmost respect as did the other managers.
My co-workers were a pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of the job was selling rapid credits to customers(Sears MasterCard).
I loved my customers and enjoyed working with the public.
A learning experience with customer service
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 19, 2016
This was my first job involving customer service and I learned a lot in the 5 years I've worked their. I enjoyed interacting with customers and helping them with what they needed. The only difficult part of the job was dealing with irate customers who refused to listen to the reasoning I gave them. I worked with a very friendly staff but at times I did feel like management was lackluster.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
management
Would still be working there if Sears had not closed
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 13, 2016
My time at Sears was overall a good experience. I enjoyed how all the employees got along and interacted with one another. There was always help if there was a question to be asked. And fair with schedules. The Management was great and got involved with the store and involved the employees with ideas relating to the Store.
Pros
Free lunches, Relaxed environment
Cons
When it wasn't busy
Poorly Managed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 18, 2016
Sears' official policy is firmly entrenched in the past. Managers are poorly paid and it is evident they could not be successful elsewhere. The company's official stance is that anyone can be trained for any job which completely disregards the inherent attributes of all people. The term Human Resource is wasted here.
Cons
No Reall recognition for doing a job properly. Competence is not a requirement
Great Company with a strong Heritage of 60+yrs Retailing
Sr Merchandise Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 4, 2016
Lot of challenges in running day to day business which helps a retail professional to learn on day to day basis, on facing and sailing through the challenges thrown in front of you .
Great colleagues with strong experience to learn from .
Sometimes it can be chaotic but that's expected from a company which is trying to reinvent it self with a strong 60+yrs of retailing heritage .
Productive and enjoyable workplace with good co-workers
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
A typical day of work varies. You could have a couple days in general managements or warehousing for a company in the mornings - then have a new job during night shifts, power-washing parking lots, or working for moving companies! Very fun!

Co-workers can also very, most are very fun, dedicated to their work, and your bosses are always on your side!

Hardest part of the job, is keeping your time schedules open to switching from job to job opportunities; Easiest part of the job is making new firends, enjoying a sociable environment, and having fun!
Pros
Sociable, nice work-environment.
Cons
Keeping schedule times appropriate and on time.
easy fun job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg manitobaMarch 7, 2016
i love being outdoors so working to outdoors garden centre was a fun experience. rain or shine i worked. even worked long hours when other employees were unable to make it. i took the initiative to go in for them.