Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,463 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun environment with friendly staff
Call Centre Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 November 2016
-call centre for Sears catalogue Xmas orders

multi tasking

phone communications

efficient task completions

friendly management and sales associates
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not long enough employment
only good thing was a few of the people
merchandise presentation associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 January 2017
i worked at the london location in ontario and it was a horrible experience. only met a few people that were respectful. just a bad experience. not great management
great place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 January 2017
Great place to work an get to know others on the job. Managment was great. Hard working job. Gotta really look at the tickets to make sure there right to go on the belt. Loved the job
Pros
good pay
Cool place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2016
My experience was not good at all, very bad type of management cutting your hours down often very stressful atmosphere: there is always the suspicions that a wave a layoff is coming and may be you will be part of it. No place to growth at all.
Pros
It is still a job
Cons
Productiv and fun work place
Part Time. Various positions (Former Employee) –  CA9 October 2016
We would start the day off by unloading the trailer pulling off the costumer orders and paring the resets, so that later on we could call and let them know there item had arrived. At 7:30 we would go out to do the morning meeting to discuses what was going on for the day, then we would head to our respected areas. In receiving we would unload the rest of the trailer and prep it to go to the floor. I learned well working for Sears better social skills and costumer serves skills. My managers where amazing and vary understanding, they helped me with my focus because I would get distracted with helping others co-worker or costumers out. My co-worker where fun and full of life. I enjoyed all parts of the jobs did and still wish I was doing them. If I could I would go back in a hart beat. I would also recommend it to any one looking.
Pros
Grate people
Cons
I have non
Love working here!
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 November 2016
Working at sears portrait studio is amazing just because i get to meet someone new everyday and I learn a bit more about new cultures.
Pros
Making people smile
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON28 December 2016
It is a good place to work. Co-workers are friendly and respectful. Sears has excellent managers. A day of work is calm, organizing clothes and serving customers.
Pros
Pizza and dessert in special days
Cons
No benefits, few hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON13 August 2016
a typical day at work Clean up Department, organize racks, make sure merchandise was in order of product. keep fitting Rooms Clean.
Help Customers always, learned about changes in the Department
Management was always there to help you if needed it.
Working with my co-works was total team work.
Making sure all Customers were satisfied with my services.
Pros
The Family atmosphere
Cons
I worked when ever needed
great place having alot of interaction with customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 January 2017
time management is very good at sears.
all the coworkers and managers are very co-operative and help each other when needed.
everything is perfectly managed there.
Toxic Environment
Assoc CM (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
Severely over worked, under appreciated work environment. No clear direction, with NO communication or collaboration between other business areas.
Pros
Lots of wonderful colleagues
Cons
Bad Management
Sears
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 June 2016
Overall I enjoyed working at SEARS. I stayed there for so long for the experience of being a Manager. There was no career advancement there, salary could have been better considering some of the situations I encountered.
poor
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 December 2016
As a current employee.... the management is so poor... the structure and employees are too few/untrained. The store is messy.... etc. Not a good place to work or shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
discount
Cons
lack of good structure -- management...
Nice work environment.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB25 November 2016
Working with customers and coworkers very important to the company. Qualification of management very nice and competent. Easy to work and easy to learn.
always enjoyed working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2016
I worked for Sears 24 years as a sales associate mostly in appliances mattresses and Hardware. I always enjoyed the work and made a lot of friends along the way A typical starts with ensuring the department is clean and ready for store opening.

After the store opens the real work starts, helping customers by answering their questions and endeavoring to sell them the items that they are inquiring about.
Pros
mostly given lots of space to do the job expected of us.
Cons
could get a little tedious if things were slow. fortunately that didn't happen very often
I worked in men's dress shop and men's wear
men's dress shop and men's wear (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB10 February 2016
I enjoyed the job and had great satisfaction in my position . 3 other people were hired for this position in the last year. I was told I was doing a good job . Then the day after a big sale ,just after my first break was taken into an office and told I was no longer needed . I was escorted to my locker and to the door, I asked 3 times why . It took the manager of the store 3 weeks to call me and tell why I was let go. Reason was I was not aggressive enough with customers . Within two weeks my lead was fired and now they looking for new manager For the store . Management was terrible . The staff was great and wonderful to work with.
Pros
great enviroment
Cons
terrible management
good place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bonnie Doon, AB22 January 2017
Worked at Sears for many years. Made some great friends. Had some good times. Learned many new skills. Very diverse work cultures. Fair employers.
Normal workplace with normal people
Merchandise Presentation Team, Furniture Team (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 May 2016
Some days would just be a handful of us unpacking and assembling reclining chairs, tables, and couches. The occasional wrapping of something to send downstairs for a customer to pick-up. Other days we were moving heavy fixtures and organizing them so they could be picked up by whoever purchased them after the store closed. So it was easy one day and tiring another.

Management was good. They worked with us when there was a lot to be done and gave extended breaks on several occasions. Co-workers were in a variety of age groups with various personalities. I ended up working with other men close to my age due to the nature of the work. Had one lazy guy with us but the others were reliable and amiable.
Pros
Fair management
Cons
Disorganization
lacking management direction
Sales Consultant Home Furnishing Div. (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 September 2016
The work environment was mostly negative. A lot of employee complaining about the management being ineffective.
The staff was very concerned about the companies financial viability.
Pros
Nice products
Cons
Poor management structure.
Nice place to work at
Dispatcher Contractor's Desk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2016
A good place to work at the management could improve a lot there is never a pay increase and the danger of loosing job due to company closure is very imminent
Good Product knowledge sharing, good public relations experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON16 March 2016
Opening, serve customers, get parcels, process credit card payments, money transactions, balance books, welcome customers, share knowledge of products to make suitable decision of purchase, do bank deposit. If cash was out trying to find out why. Seeing happy customers that appreciate you taking the time to assist them.
Pros
Work schedule suited lifestyle, first retail experience.
Cons
No advancement worked both sides, heavy lifting, no benefits

2.9