Sears

11.7K reviews

Sears Employee Reviews

What people are saying about Sears

• 10% employee discount
  • Loss Prevention
  • Handle returns
  • See more...
Found 1,003 reviews matching the search
stepping stone for bigger & better employment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONDecember 10, 2015
overall good learning experience

co-workers overall excellent to work with

management always helpful

working in receiving

hardest part - off-loading trailers in the winter months
Pros
getting a forklift ticket
fun
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 8, 2015
It was good to work with different people and get everyone to reach the goal for the company that set for each one. Customer service was good and customer satisfaction was the most benefit foe me.
fine
MT2 (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKDecember 7, 2015
some months they had employee day and there was bbq and some activitys but you had to pay. and the working there wasn't great. you were to get paid for different job you did and I never got paid for it. and didn't get a rese. so not but when I got preganant I got mat leave
Pros
its sears
Cons
the pay wasnt good
not so great
Sales Asscoiate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONDecember 7, 2015
not good with hours or days,dont ever get a raise, they lie. My co-worker are nice just management can be iffy. Hardest part of my job is nothing really, caught on fast. I learned about merchandise. good thing is the discounts you get otherwise they dont like to give fulltime or benefits
lllll
close store
count cash
do deposit
go home
I would not recomend this job to anyone
Pros
Cons
no rewards
Good place to learn costumer service.
Conseiller à la vente (Former Employee) –  Joliette, QCDecember 5, 2015
Sear used to be a great place to learn how to give a good costumer service. They had really good formation and seminars every year and it helped to focus on giving a good service. On the other hand, through 7 years working for the comopany i have witnessed Sears has losing his quality reputation by cutting a lot of employees and reducing in the quality of their products. I guess they are just trying to compete with the other stores. Few years back , Sears was the market reference of quality, service and trust. Most of the stores are now empty, as from employees and costumers, then, they wonder why. I just think they forgot why people liked to shop their.
fun place to work
Cash Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONDecember 3, 2015
sears is a great employer that cares about its staff.
its fun to help people shop and find things.
you get to share a small snipet of other peoples lives...like if they are going to a party, on a trip, shopping for a friend....etc.
the life stories i've shared in just two months makes me proud to be a part of this team.
Pros
great team!
Cons
short shifts...no full time positions available
Dedicated to customer satisfaction
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBDecember 2, 2015
In account of everything that would get thrown at you in the run of a day, sears held a very high standard towards pleasing a customer and meeting their needs.co-workers were great and easy to get along with and you often could rely on them for support in stressful situations.
Productive Workplace
Loss prevention officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 30, 2015
I had a good time working here with the management provided. There are many areas to cover with CCTV. Very friendly environment.
Family atmosphere
Counter Manager - Clinique (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 24, 2015
Sears is a family like, fun place to work. I love all the people I've ever worked with at Sears, and I have long term relationships with a lot of my co-workers that has grown beyond Sears.
Pros
Flexibility in Scheduling
Cons
Standing for long hours
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABNovember 23, 2015
I enjoyed my work place at Sears because the great staff that I worked with. The management was great because they helped on the floor when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was when staff helped each other, and they can make each other laugh.
Pros
awesome magement
Cons
not enough hours
productive and fun place to work
heavy duity mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2015
Built drilling rigs for the oil company's
very hard work but very rewarding
Pay there was good
benefits were pretty good
Pros
exelant pay
Cons
very long hours
Great learning experience but moral at work is extremely low
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
I started working at Sears HO in Toronto right after my MBA graduation. Being a Senior FA, I learned a tons form my boss at that time. I was exposed to senior leadership and I gained a lot of good experience. However, after 2 years with lots of turmoil due to restructuring and changes in leadership, the office environment became toxic, no trust, no accountability, no transparency.
This job taught me a lot on handling customers of all types
Customer Relations Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 20, 2015
There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
Stress Free Workplace
CSD Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, OntarioNovember 20, 2015
Workplace environment is very positive. Its a good place to work for anyone. A stress free environment for everyone. There is no discrimination among employees who are working there. Staff is very much helpful in all regards
Pros
Employee centric company
Cons
Not giving enough to emplyoees
fun workplace and positive enviroment
customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 20, 2015
positive environment, good experiences with the workplace really enjoyed my time with them, the co workers were very kind and helpful, the hardest part of the job would be moving the products onto the floor when its a busy day. most part i enjoyed were the hours i was getting. what i learned from sears is that team work is very important and if one fails than the whole system fails so you gotta help that one person to keep the system going.
Good Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PENovember 20, 2015
Started and ended the day with a meeting a recab of your day. Where assigned to an area to own as your own and become knowledgeable on all products. Being in customer service has its challenges however staff worked together to give the best possible outcome. We where encouraged to market the Sears or Sears MasterCard and rewarded if a certain number sold. Over all a good place to work.
Pros
Great discounts on merchandise
Cons
High staff turnover
great experience
catalogue, administration (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCNovember 18, 2015
for part time was great while in school, customer service and administration is what i did and catalogue, christmas was always fun , most busy, dealt with difficult customers but pulled through. Great team, everyone helped each other, created great friends.
Pros
great staff
Cons
A decent job for a while
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ONNovember 17, 2015
Sears was OK to work for. I was technically part-time, but pushed about 33-36 hours a week working at minimum wage doing customer service. The largest benefit was that I had a manageable work/life balance, and the work was stead for a time.

The bad parts were that management was effectively neutered by policy. They were completely held back in terms of prompt and meaningful customer service (i.e. parts ordering, faulty appliances and their associated warranty, willingness to adapt to change). Likewise, they had a strange emphasis on a corporate culture that basically worked like an Ayn Rand fan-fic: stores were pitted against each other and competitiveness established available working hours, workplace mantras were hammered into you in order to develop some weird sense of spirit.

Plain and simple, they provide a good place to work while you look for other places to work.
Pros
Some group lunches, decent hours, good work/life balance
Cons
Strange culture, neutered management, backwards customer service policy
i worked for this company for many years they are a very good company to work for , I learned so much while I was employed with this company,
Office Clerk and sales (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABNovember 17, 2015
the management was very supportive , If you had problems at work or home they were behind you 100 percent , company celebrations were fun and always looked forward to them