Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,095 reviews matching the search
Find somewhere else to work, folks!
District Sales Manager Ontario East-based (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 3, 2016
After 14 years of loyal service, was laid off in one of many such actions by Sears. There have been many great people I worked with at this company, and for that, I am grateful. However, the company itself has betrayed many, many people.
It is all about the people
Sr. E-commerce Manager for Marketing & Strategy (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 9, 2016
Never a dull moment and always on the go.
Sears has an amazing group of people working for them. The hardest part of the job is the red tape when trying to get new things passed but make friends with people and things will run smoothly.
The job is to organize and replenish the store management
Merchandising Presentation Team(stock) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 25, 2016
Most of the time is to organize clothes and manage arrangement of the store. The thing I learned from this job is about how to fold clothes and arrange some shelves job.
Pros
Some employee discount on store goods
Due to outsourcing the internal IT department is just a shell of it's former self.
Application Architect (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 9, 2016
Sears was a great company to be part of IT for many years but unfortunately that is no longer the case with the possible exception of the infrastructure group.
Pros
Very friendly group of employees .
Cons
Lack of directions
overall this workplace is very productive
Home delivery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
my typical day at work is like loading furnitures and appliances on the truck and securing them properly and learning to deliver them to the correct addresses. Getting the delivery on a timely manner was very important.
Always determined to do better with company.
Marketing Coordinator - Home Decor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 24, 2016
Needs to foresee a better future for company to hold up longer. Coworkers all work well with completion of work but company lacks helping employees with safe job guarantee.
Pros
entrusts in employees work
Cons
changes with direction with company too often
No Stability
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Although Sears is a great company to work for, and has wonderful loyal customers, there is no stability in really any job at their customer contact centre. This is the second time I've been laid off due to "business needs".
Pros
Big Cafeteria, 8 hour shifts, full 37.5 hour weeks
Cons
No stability
Liked the job, people good to work with
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONFebruary 24, 2016
The job was good, only draw back was it was not full time.
I enjoyed the challenges that came from doing security in a large warehouse setting. Everything from CCTV operation to First Aid response and investigation.
I would work here again
Great learning experience but moral at work is extremely low
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2015
I started working at Sears HO in Toronto right after my MBA graduation. Being a Senior FA, I learned a tons form my boss at that time. I was exposed to senior leadership and I gained a lot of good experience. However, after 2 years with lots of turmoil due to restructuring and changes in leadership, the office environment became toxic, no trust, no accountability, no transparency.
fun workplace and positive enviroment
customer service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 20, 2015
positive environment, good experiences with the workplace really enjoyed my time with them, the co workers were very kind and helpful, the hardest part of the job would be moving the products onto the floor when its a busy day. most part i enjoyed were the hours i was getting. what i learned from sears is that team work is very important and if one fails than the whole system fails so you gotta help that one person to keep the system going.
Good Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PENovember 20, 2015
Started and ended the day with a meeting a recab of your day. Where assigned to an area to own as your own and become knowledgeable on all products. Being in customer service has its challenges however staff worked together to give the best possible outcome. We where encouraged to market the Sears or Sears MasterCard and rewarded if a certain number sold. Over all a good place to work.
Pros
Great discounts on merchandise
Cons
High staff turnover
Boring and repetitive you will do the exact same thing for all the years you are at sears
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
At sears our department was basically the kicking bag for all the other departments. We unboxed and checked all the items before scanning them onto the shelves. Some days other departments would be overloaded so we sent some people from our department to help. The problem with that was we then didnt get our own work done. Not once in the few years I worked there did any other department have a single person return the favour and help our department, Sears is just horribly managed by managers that sit in their offices all day to chat with eachother. They only surface from their office to tell someone off if they are below quota. This quota of course never took into account if items were too large to do more than a few an hour. So if you work here pray the forklift driver doesn't just give you all the sheet sets and 12 packs of shoes(12 shoe boxes only count as 1 item).
Pros
free lunch at christmas
Cons
mismanaged and long boring work
fun place to work
Cash Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONDecember 3, 2015
sears is a great employer that cares about its staff.
its fun to help people shop and find things.
you get to share a small snipet of other peoples lives...like if they are going to a party, on a trip, shopping for a friend....etc.
the life stories i've shared in just two months makes me proud to be a part of this team.
Pros
great team!
Cons
short shifts...no full time positions available
Productive and enjoyable workplace with good co-workers
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
A typical day of work varies. You could have a couple days in general managements or warehousing for a company in the mornings - then have a new job during night shifts, power-washing parking lots, or working for moving companies! Very fun!

Co-workers can also very, most are very fun, dedicated to their work, and your bosses are always on your side!

Hardest part of the job, is keeping your time schedules open to switching from job to job opportunities; Easiest part of the job is making new firends, enjoying a sociable environment, and having fun!
Pros
Sociable, nice work-environment.
Cons
Keeping schedule times appropriate and on time.
Loved Sears
Team Leader for Catalogue and Café (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed working with the people at Sears on the retail floor. I learned how to produce the documents that I only saw at month end when working at the District Office.
Pros
free coffee, nice people to work with, management was great too
Cons
lots of lifting, late hours
I loved my job
Fulltime Fragrance, Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
I had a great time working at Sears.
All coworkers were friendly and helpful
My management was understanding and supportive
Good benefits

In my experience this job was fun and very gratifying by the end of the day.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, ABMarch 6, 2016
Its amazing to work with sears. My reason to look for new job is that there is no growing opportunities.
Management team and co workers are very nice and understandable
I have learned how to up sell an item or add an item to their purchase.
Fast paced position as switchboard operator for Cross country retail outlets.
Retail Support (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJanuary 19, 2016
My experience at Sears as retail support was nothing but positive. Enjoyed the job duties and working as part of a team with my co-workers. Very fast paced and required the use of multiple computer programs.
The people were great!
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 11, 2016
The job I had initially applied for was not what I had expected. I had applied to be an office assistant but than was placed in customer service. Was not the responsibilities I had hoped for.
Cons
Had too much time on my hands.
fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 13, 2016
learnt how to do welding, this was my first job and I worked here for 35 years, then I moved to Canada, challenging job, coworkers were great, welding fumes were not the fun part, great working environment lots of tools to do the job properly
Pros
free breakfast