Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,327 reviews matching the search
Retail Job
Modern Shop Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 26, 2016
It was a retail job where you provide customer service to all the clients who came in. Helping them find the right clothes for their body shape etc.
Retail Environment
Business Development Lead (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 25, 2016
I managed the staff in Major Appliances, Furniture and Home Entertainment areas. The biggest part of the job was to make sure my staff was happy and needed everything to do their jobs. I always tried to take into account things that were going in their lives when i scheduled their hours.

Learned to deal with employee issues and customer issues.

Hardest part of the job was never knowing what hours you were going to work.Also for me was having to sell merchandise.

I enjoyed the challenges that every day brought.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Evening and weekend shifts
Assisting great customers
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMay 23, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of coming in and going to my assigned cash register area/booth and working there. Most days I would close alone, therefore was I counted on for proper cash deposits and transactions at the end of the day.
nice environment but stressful job
Inbound customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QCMay 21, 2016
very stressful job as there is so many change in the policy of the company , very nice environment , very friendly , very good insurance
Pros
25% discount in sears
Poorly Managed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 18, 2016
Sears' official policy is firmly entrenched in the past. Managers are poorly paid and it is evident they could not be successful elsewhere. The company's official stance is that anyone can be trained for any job which completely disregards the inherent attributes of all people. The term Human Resource is wasted here.
Cons
No Reall recognition for doing a job properly. Competence is not a requirement
Sears Hardware Department
Sales Associate, Hardware Department (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCMay 18, 2016
Sears is a great company but unfortunately there isnt enough hours to get a full time position. Great staff and customer base. I learned many customer service skills within the company.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
This was a fun and interactive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 17, 2016
A typical day at working here was booking appointments, or talking photos of clients and their families. I learned a lot about interacting with customers, and how to pose people for shots. I found the hardest part of the job was trying to get some of the younger kids to smile for the photo.
Pros
Getting to work with kids
Cons
Long periods of no work
Normal workplace with normal people
Merchandise Presentation Team, Furniture Team (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 11, 2016
Some days would just be a handful of us unpacking and assembling reclining chairs, tables, and couches. The occasional wrapping of something to send downstairs for a customer to pick-up. Other days we were moving heavy fixtures and organizing them so they could be picked up by whoever purchased them after the store closed. So it was easy one day and tiring another.

Management was good. They worked with us when there was a lot to be done and gave extended breaks on several occasions. Co-workers were in a variety of age groups with various personalities. I ended up working with other men close to my age due to the nature of the work. Had one lazy guy with us but the others were reliable and amiable.
Pros
Fair management
Cons
Disorganization
Boring and repetitive you will do the exact same thing for all the years you are at sears
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
At sears our department was basically the kicking bag for all the other departments. We unboxed and checked all the items before scanning them onto the shelves. Some days other departments would be overloaded so we sent some people from our department to help. The problem with that was we then didnt get our own work done. Not once in the few years I worked there did any other department have a single person return the favour and help our department, Sears is just horribly managed by managers that sit in their offices all day to chat with eachother. They only surface from their office to tell someone off if they are below quota. This quota of course never took into account if items were too large to do more than a few an hour. So if you work here pray the forklift driver doesn't just give you all the sheet sets and 12 packs of shoes(12 shoe boxes only count as 1 item).
Pros
free lunch at christmas
Cons
mismanaged and long boring work
steady paced and fun
SALES ASSOCIATE - shoe department (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONMay 9, 2016
- A typical day was spent on my feet, talking with customers and giving footwear advise.

- I learned that i can carry 6 boxes of shoes at once, and also enhanced my multitasking skills.

- Management was great, they were always there to help when thet were needed the most.

- My co-workers made the job fantastic, they were nice and helpful.

- The hardest part of my job was when the department got very busy and i was the only one around.

- I enjoyed being able to talk to people all day and being able to help people.
Pros
Great staff, great management.
Cons
slow periods were VERY slow
friendly and generally given lots of space when doing a task
MPT Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 7, 2016
whenever I was given a task to do they would always give me lots of freedom to do it how I wanted, no micro-management. most of the mangers and higher ups were friendly but sometimes they would out-source there jobs to me because I am young and fit.
working at sears
Merchandiser flow assoc (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONMay 5, 2016
it nice place to work its clean and people all very nice
it all depends on what area you work in
but i have leaned a lot in Merchanding clothe
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
not sure how long sears be around
productive place for hardworking managers
Business Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 2, 2016
productive place for hardworking managers and good team work. easy to get along with co workers. fun environment for the sales team.
Pros
free gratis
Productive.
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SKApril 28, 2016
Good learning experience. Enjoy doing inventory. Although hours are not the same every week. Love working with the staff everyone is so help full great job.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
low pay
I hate Sears
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 28, 2016
Horrible, short hours, long commute, very fast paced work, 2 employees per 15 customers average with items that either don't scan correctly or are in abundance.
Pros
Interesting people
Cons
Everything sucks
Great place to work and learn
Senior operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 26, 2016
This was a good school for me. Becomes like a big family.
Really enjoy working there. A little disconnection between HQ and stores.
technical support
Technical Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
I had new outlook on technical support it wasn't has easy has I thought but you learn new things everyday it was amazing experience
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BCApril 22, 2016
As a part time worker, they have been so helpful on flexible schedule to collaborate with my school schedule. Coworkers were so nice and fun to work with and management team was great!
Need to evaluate the work culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Great systems and information available but sometimes the lack of change can be dangerous and you really have to dig deeper to find what you need.
good products
Cashier and stock person (Former Employee) –  bramoton onApril 20, 2016
the way of dealing with customer is very nice.The company has the excellent customer service. i learned how to differentiate each of them

2.9