Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,570 reviews matching the search
Great place with great pepole
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières-Ouest, QC12 March 2017
I really liked every one there great people and great Dynamic crew, the store itself didn't always do well in the sales department but everyone gave it's 150%
Poor People management
Planning (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2017
The company is poor on retaining good talents, high turn over from the management team to all levels. Poor system, hard to find useful information. People here often focused on what the manager asked for instead of what really important.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
not good for career development
Great place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 March 2017
Provided great customer service. Great place to work, learned a lot about retail. Great family environment, care about employees and provided benefits.
Pros
Always reward employees.
Cons
Partime employee.
Very good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2017
When I started working with Sears 8 years before Things was very smooth and positive. All of sudden changes start happening to improve the finance and sale of company, but failing every time. Finally company started to closing the retail stores and one of them was mine.
It was good steady work
Shipping and receiving, loading dock assistant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 March 2017
Along with the bay I had a good pace with chopping up boxes after offloading trucks, and trucks were fun to offload. Getting customer orders was definitely the funner part. The hardest part was when I was alone some days doing trailers but that's it. I learned how to organize customer orders fast and efficiently. The management in my opinion was fine no complaints.
Pros
I had a discount for food at the mall and I enjoyed that.
Cons
some customers were pretty brutal when they showed up angry but nothing I couldn't handle.
Fun work environment.
Forklift Operator/ Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2017
We would load and unload trailers every night. The work environment was fun and energetic. Management was good and always willing to help as we needed it. The hardest part was unloading trailers and the best part was the co-workers.
Pros
Monthly BBQs
Cons
Tiring work
Great place to stay fit in this fast paced mover/delivery job
Moved/swamper (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2017
Good people fast paced environment I liked it a lot meeting new people everyday you deliver sears merchandise lots of heavy lifting kept you in very good shape.
Cons
Good, but some small issues
Sears Canada Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 March 2017
great manager. The workers were not the friendliest. Some were great, others just made me uncomfortable to be around. The hours were good and the job was interesting.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Sometimes there was little to do and it was monotonous.
good
Merchandise Flow Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB7 March 2017
good it was nice they paid me i did work and got money what more you want people were nice i didn't learn anything sometimes their was free food management was all right
a good place to work
Sales Associate/Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 March 2017
During my time I found the associates were wonderful but a lot of demands by the management considering its a minimum wage job. At times very hectic due to organizational over sights.
Decent work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC6 March 2017
worked as a cashier and sales consultant
learned good team work, customer service and how to meet sales targets
management was decent
good work/life balance
not much room for advancement
busy days and high stress sales targets
co-workers were pleasant
Pros
good work environment
Cons
pay
Good for a part timer
transfer sales, enquiries regarding our products (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 March 2017
The people I worked with made it worth working for and being there. Management worked well around my school schedule and I was quite happy for some time.
Family, helpful and fun place to work
Replenishment/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 March 2017
Sears was a very supportive place to work. Management was always there to help you if you needed a hand. I learned how to work with customers, tag products and work as a time.

A typical work day was organizing products, tagging new stock and helping customers with questions or checking out.

The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out where products went, as Sears switched to an out-let store and changed products around.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the family like feel and supportive team. Everyone worked together and made you enjoy your day.
Pros
Family feel & supportive
Cons
Lack of hours
Culture wise was ok, but it was not an organized company in many ways
QA Analyst - Contract (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
Culture wise was ok, but it was not an organized company in many ways, the salary was below market rate.

This company was not organized and hardly had any documentation to even learn their system, so I got the information from the internet to learn their system.... Since I already worked for such a company before, I tried to help them volunteerly to organize our department I myself so created a User Manual and other training and resource documents for the company efficiency and productivity.
The job I did was not challenging, it was a lots of reputation but over all was ok.
Nice work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON28 February 2017
It's a basic, and easy to understand workplace. Staff and management are very nice! Every department is easy enough to understand. Training is really quick, and basic.
Pros
Great staff & work enviroment
Cons
hours, and wages
friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE27 February 2017
It's a friendly workplace. Colleagues and managers are nice people and willing to help. It is interesting to talk with customers to see their demand and helping them to reach their goals makes me feel a sense of achievement.
good company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 February 2017
it is a good company to work for, however change and communication of changes could be better. Managers are open to hear improvements but the culture needs a fix, lots of old employees stuck in the old ways of doing things
terrible and unreliable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE23 February 2017
Wouldn't give me enough hours to survive.. when I got another job they were unwilling to work around my other schedule out of spite, wouldn't recommend it at all
Cons
Not full shifts
Frustrating place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE23 February 2017
There is a serious lack of support for employees in this company. Management are generally good people, but are more concerned about losing their own jobs than helping customers and employees. Training is non-existent, new employee's are thrown out to the floor and are expected to learn as they go, and are fired if they do not pick it up fast enough. Hours are given based on "performance", but if you get full time hours one week, prepare to have your hours cut back for the next two.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Poor management, high turnover, hours, training, pay.
Sears
Customer service, cashier, lost and found (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC22 February 2017
Sears was a great high school job which trained me a lot about customer service and retail. This job had great guidance and team environments with a well rounded community.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9