Sears
10,677 reviews

Sears Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice environment and lovely team
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJuly 20, 2015
A typical day at work would be setting up your cash register, cleaning up your designated area, putting clothes away, and assisting customers to the best of my ability. Working at sears taught me how to manage my time better and balance my school, work, and personal life all in one. I loved working at sears because all of the workers were polite and helpful, we stuck together as a team. The hardest part of the job was closing the store at night because it was very big and there was multiple tasks to complete, however the best part of the job was being able to communicate with the customers and put smiles on their faces.
Fun Workplace with NO micro management
Senior Corporate Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto,ONJuly 20, 2015
Great experience, open door policies for management.
Lots of opportunities for advancements and people are always open to new ideas.
Working at Sears
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: chances for advancement was limited
A typical work day at Sears was interacting the customers there were pleasant ones and not so pleasant ones. I still held my composure and try to get a laugh out of everyone. Sometimes successful sometimes not. The hardest part of the day was knowing that there was a customer dissatisfied with our services.I really enjoyed talking with the customers. Management and my co-workers were fabulous to work with.
Fun co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), toronto, onJuly 15, 2015
I love the people I work with. Typical day would include folding the tables and assisting customers to find a size. I have learnt how to handle aggressive customers.
I enjoy working at Sears and hope to stay working there for a long time to come.
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: low wage
Great place to work and management and co-workers are the best! We are on course to turn Sears around and be around for a long time.
Excellent staff and management team work.. Fast paced environment. Customer satisfacton was the best way to mark your day as good or bad
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Belleville OnJuly 14, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Sears and would have stayed if they had not cut back on hours and cut back on staff. Even with the fast pace environment staff and management made it an enjoyable place to work. Met some awesome people
customer service
Lead Developer (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 10, 2015
Pros: meeting people
Cons: no room for movement
Primary responsibility to provide quality customer service by addressing any questions or concerns of the customer regarding customers' issues with company products and find solutions within company policies to help the customer in a timely fashion.
I love interacting and helping the customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Johns, NLJuly 5, 2015
-very busy
-I learned a lot about customer service
-The management isn't that great
-My co workers are very friendly and easy to get along with
Very challenging; the management is very pro-active and a good team to work for.
Senior Oracle Retail Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Very complex retail and interesting to learn
Cons: Requirements change constantly
Good team to work with and challenging organization to work for. Multiple legacy systems having to be brought into the ERP system. Lot of conversion work.
Good working relationship.
customer service associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at Sears. But only thing that I was not getting working hours which could fulfill my requirements. Staff was very helping hand.
fun workplace
Replenishment / Floor associate (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJune 30, 2015
Replenishment / Floor Associate
Keeping the area neat, cleaned and organized at all time
Helping customers
All items from cash desk/ fitting room goes back on floor in proper place
A Great Place to Work!
Sales Associate & Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 29, 2015
Management is helpful, professional, and knowledgeable. Training is provided continuously as new sales challenges arise. There is always room for growth and more work hours. Benefits provided to the front line employees are worth while. Hourly wages do not increase, however there are always opportunities for commission. Hours are reasonable and scheduling is consistent. All in all, a great environment to work in and wonderful staff.
Productive and fun place to work
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), Sarnia, OntarioJune 29, 2015
Sears is a great place to develop on one's customer service skills as it avails the opportunity to meet and understand people from diverse backgrounds
Sears home customer service
CSR/Visual Associate (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABJune 28, 2015
Pros: Steady work
Cons: Sometimes it got slow
Daily safe deposits, Monday morning fax weekly deposits to head office. Daily paperwork, redeeming sears points, catalogue receiving, and pickups for customers. Helping customers return sears catalogue items. Filing daily paperwork, sales associates daily sales cards. Setting up and taking down of sales price tags.
Great Place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Prince George, BCJune 23, 2015
Pros: Great Place to work
Cons: Senior Managment
Great store to work in. Senior Management left alot to be desired. Always seemed short of staff, large turn over of staff in retail part of store The hardest part of job was watching the young people been let go.
customer service associate
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), cambridge OntarioJune 22, 2015
It was a great experience working with Sears,I have learnt many skills related to customer service.The seniors of the Management Team are really co-operative for the new employees.It was a pleasure working with Sears.
great place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJune 20, 2015
Sears is a great place to work and learn
supportive staff
always get new learning opportunities
but no full time hours
awesome managers
The eomplyers and employees weer wonderful.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), toronto On.June 20, 2015
The employees and employers at Sears were wonderful to work with and it was a shame that it had to shut down. If only the CEO didn't shut it down, it would have been more fun to work there.
dull work, sinking ship
sales (Former Employee), abbotsford home storeJune 19, 2015
Pros: ??????
Cons: take some wake up pills to work. The stafff gossips a lot!!!!
I worked on full commission. experienced sales staff with five or more years sales experierience were working one minimum wage guarantee, as they were not able to earn enough commissions to take home more than the minimum wage. Management was cheerful about their future prospects because they were losing less money than the store was losing five years ago!!!!! The customers are all in the eighties!!!!
best place to start firsr job
sales consultant (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 17, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: too many employees
great way to learn sales, customer service.

started as cashier then moved to sales, selling appliances. great team. our job was full commission, it was joyful to beat other employes daily selling goals

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more