Sears

Sears Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Place to Work
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee), Guelph, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: people, managers, breaks, in a mall
Cons: minimum wage
I really like working at Sears. Everyone who works there from the MPT team to Management are all really nice, understanding and friendly people. It is a really nice work environment! Only downside, minimum wage but that's retail.
Family Work Atmosphere
Customer Service Desk Associate (Current Employee), Brantford, ONSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: stressful days
I really enjoy the family work atmosphere at Sears . It is all about Teamwork & Customer Service and a Positive Boost to start your day. Your day would start with the 15 minute morning meeting and try to tidy up your work area to get ready for your Customer's. Your always learning professional customer service skills to help you effectively provide – more... the customer with their needs at that time, whether it was a billing problem, activating new accounts, complaints or helping them find that perfect item; All the management staff are there too help and support you either with extra training or just jumping in too handle a busy day. All your co-workers are just as quick too jump in and help with any questions you may have about a particular job or lend a helping hand if needed. The hardest part of my job is making sure that all our customers are satisfied with their purchases. I try too make sure that they all have a smile and feel important while they are there and when they are ready to leave. The Greatest part of my job is getting that special compliment from our customers on how satisfied they are with their shopping experience and friendly service. It's always a Good Feeling!! – less
Poor Managment and Lack Of Hours
MPT (Former Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: fun staff
Cons: no hours, poor management
When I First started as a Merchandiser There was a good amount of hours but after 4 months of working there my hours dropped first to 10 hours a week then down to one 4 h shift a week. and it wasn't just the hours that where bad the Managers Had no idea how to manage there staff all they would do is yell at you until your ears bleed and then tell you – more... to do something you weren't certified to do.

The only Positive thing I can say about this company is that the staff was out of this world. – less
Team focussed environment with strong emphasis on celebrating successes for management and associates alike
Sales Mgr/Replen Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Cornwall, ONSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: a strong focus on accomplishments
Cons: currenly under a wage freeze
Sears, Cornwall ON has a strong focus on success with consistent acknowledgement and recognition for individual as well as team accomplishments. Associates and management employment anniversaries and successes are celebrated daily and monthly. Senior Management is extremely flexible, understanding both the needs of the business as well as balance in – more... their management and associates personal life. The General Manager, is extremely approachable with an Open Door Policy which she has implemented for everyone. – less
Retail Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Good work environment with supportive management and excellent training.
Enjoyed working with the public to fulfill their needs
Furniture Associate (Former Employee), Moncton, NBSeptember 16, 2014
Enjoyed my time as a furniture associate but due to restructuring I was laid off after 8 full time years and my last year as part time.
Used to be a fun place to work
Assistant Dept. Manager (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Cons: job position elimination
In the past it was a great place to work. Co workers were great. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer satisfaction/interaction as well as my cohesive 'team' that worked for me.
Sears Canada was a great place to work, with lots of opportunities to realize personal goals
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: the family atmosphere
Cons: often long hours accumulated during various phases of restructre
Although I stayed in the Accounts Payable department, The company allowed the opportunity to learn and excel in various roles within but not subjective to specific departments.
I met and communicated with some wonderful people (internal/external) throughout my tenure and will treasure those memories.
The gratification of knowing I addressed or brought – more... some degree of satisfaction/resolution to a business partner (internal/external) on a daily basis were the joy of various roles.
The most difficult part of the job was the thought of a family no longer being able to coordinate efforts as we parted due to a major change in the company's direction. – less
gained retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Prince George BCSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: never received enough hours, horrendous management skills, awful planning, no respect, constant harassment
Sears was a good place to gain retail experience. I learned about many different processes and jobs it takes in order to run a company, and how each team affects each other. The manager was awful, and unreliable, and constantly harassed/embarrassed employees. The co-workers were amazing in details, and proficient in their jobs. The hardest part was – more... signing people up for credit cards. The most enjoyable part I found was working in my department and helping the customers. – less
Great experience to start with basic job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London,ONSeptember 7, 2014
• Served customer orders in an accurate manner
• Prepared and served fast food menu items
• Participated in meal production and distribution
• Handle cash, credit and debit card transactions on an electronic cash register
• Experience working in a fast paced kitchen environment
• Arrange tables and chair settings
• Followed Canada’s Food Handling Safety – more... Standards – less
Terrible
Clerk (Former Employee), London OntarioSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: good co workers
Cons: poor management and organization skills
No organization skills.
Poorly managed.
Major cut backs on hours.
Poor wages.
Productive a wonderful work place to come everday
Inventory/customer service (Former Employee), Toronto ONSeptember 5, 2014
I would with alot of wounderfull people and how they became family if you need help you could count on them.
A dynamic and exciting envoronment
Optical Store Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: personal and technical growth
Cons: little training provided
This job has been a huge challenge and a wonderful learning experience. I have acquired skills as a dispensing optician while also learning the computer systems and management systems at Sears Optical. It has been very exciting and set my career path for many years to come.
I enjoy working with Sears.
Customer Sales Department (Current Employee), Promenade MallSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: once a month they choose employee of the mo.and they gave us free treats
Cons: short hours
As a new Sales Associate, they welcome me with an open arms. May co workers are very supportive, especially the managers. They always thank you for a job well done even if you made mistakes they taught me how to deal with it.
working and communicating with well with clients.
Cashier/Salesperson (Former Employee), anjou. QuebecSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free breaks, great supervisor, and the staff, great location
Cons: didn.t enjoy working with some co-workers
I learned alot of bed sheets , sizes of sheets, the deepness of mattress and the fitness of sheets.
Above all that l also learned to offer better customer service with great etticate to potential clients.
good first job
Road Technician (Former Employee), Waterdown, ONSeptember 3, 2014
working on commission isn't for everyone so be aware. long hours and 6 days a week
sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 27, 2014
- Contacting Sears customers across Canada and sell protection plans on the devices.
- Use the guidelines and procedures for communicating with customers, sell the features and benefits of protection plans.
- Introduce additional products and services.
- Answer customer questions and follow-up.
- Participate in sessions on product knowledge and other – more... training programs. – less
positive energy,productive
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Eaton, ONAugust 26, 2014
Had a great experience, learned a lot,supportive management,friendly
co-workers,high expectations.
Staff bbqs
Loss Prevention Lead (Current Employee), Kamloops BCAugust 22, 2014
Pros: staf bbqs
Cons: internals
Working at Sears was a fun place to work,learned a lot about retail,have good reprator with Police,hardest part was internal investigations but are nessacery,co workers are great
great at first,but after few months hours cut way back.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Belleville, ONAugust 21, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: lack of hours
The lack of hours and interaction of other staff. Was not bad but I needed a more secure job and a job I could better ulilize my skills and personality. Plus I did not do well being attached to a phone all day.

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more