Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,423 reviews matching the search
great company to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 September 2016
I learned to work in fast paced environment during busy season of sale (christmas sale). I dealt with confused, rude, difficult, nice, and very nice customers. I also handled difficult customers very politely and tried to resolve their problems very efficiently and if I couldn't then I contacted manager.
Pros
employee discount, nice work
Cons
ugly colleagues
overall, great workplace ambiance
SALES REPRESENTATIVE, CUSTOMER CARE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2016
I learned many skills at this firm, especially client services and customer care. It helped me learn and improve my skills. I was also able to gain many new experience regarding customer service as a sales represantative.
Pros
employee benefits and great co workers
Cons
less hours
Sears Review
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 August 2016
Opening cash registers and preparing for opening. Making sure I am stocked with bags and other items needed for the day.

Serving customers to the best of my ability. Helping them make decisions on the items they need.

My co workers are fabulous..we are great working as a team.

Management is thin so we are counted on to handle issues ourselves if possible.

Hardest part of my job is if we dont have what the customer needs.Trying to satisfy there need with out product is sometimes hard.

Most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a customer happy and pleased with their purchase.
pleasant work environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON8 August 2016
Sears is a company in flux. There are lots of changes happening and it can sometimes create confusion, but no more than any other national chain store that is re-branding itself. The mall is a nice place to work. Free parking, food court, a/c, hours of operation...all positives for me.
Pros
Free parking, A/C, food court, staff discount
Cons
not a lot of hours, dress code, outdated Point of Sale system is slow and limited
One of the Most Successful Furnitures stores in the Sears Chain
Commission Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC6 August 2016
The Sales staff was extremely successful and hard working. Rarely did anyone call in sick. We encourage each other and help whenever anyone was in need. Filling out paperwork etc.
Our support staff was on the ball and helped our customers when we were with other customers.
Staff lunches were great and a time to share with different dept.

The hardest part of the job was knowing when to go home! We were all quilty of this as we just wanted to start the next day off on a good foot. So all problems and paper work needed to be done. Sometimes the copier wasn't co operating.

I would go back to Sears if there was a position!
Pros
Good staff members! Which is rare. Lunches brought us all in one room. Time to share your day.
Cons
suppliers, equipment not co operating.
Not a great place to work as a service technician
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2016
Management always changing. a unfair bonus structure. Unrealistic call volume per day. Dispatcher alway Quitting ,have no idea how to route technicians in the city. Lack of parts to complete calls to make Bonus.
Pros
Small discount in store
Cons
Management bad, unfair bonus structure
An easy to learn job
Sales Associate in Bed & Bath (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB18 July 2016
I worked in the house wears and bed and bath department. Basically I'd just help any customers with any questions, help them find what they wanted, and made sure everything on the shelf was tidy and presented well.
I learned about the products I was selling and how gift registries worked.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with products that I thought were pretty, and my co-workers made it a fun job.
Very Poor Mangement
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON9 November 2016
awful place to work, very stressful and no support from management. as soon as you get to work the drama begins, co-workers are hit and miss some are really good and some are really bad. I don't enjoy anything about sears, wait maybe the discount.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Environment, Stressful
Great company to work for where you learn how to multi task , keep smiling even though you are having bad day and giving your best for customers
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON30 November 2016
Sears is great company . Love people that I work with . Very fast paced environment. Best customer service .
We always went as a company above and beyond to keep customer happy .
No security
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON1 October 2016
Great place to work until they decide to "restructure". Restructure by their definition means fire and hire at exactly the same time with the workers being let go while the new hires sit in the same lunch room. Never in all my years working at corporate head office have I seen this type of shameful behavior.
Fun filled working enviroment
Associate Buyer - Furniture (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2016
Something new is learnt each and everyday. It is always fun having to resolve issues for store associate and helping them close a sale. I work with people who are more less like family. I enjoy coming to work on a daily base.
Pros
We have team Pizza Lunches every Month.
Cons
Just like every work, it can sometimes get stressful with the work load.
Productive and busy place to work in
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 July 2016
Usually the shift starts at 5am in the morning, and begins with 3 people. One of them including me, the two co-workers with me are kind and cooperative, hard working as well that uses time efficiently and effectively. Hardest part of the job is making it on time to finish the delivered skids to us in a set amount of time, but the most enjoyable part of the job is when everything gets done on time. You sense the feeling of accomplishment after such a busy morning.
Pros
flexible shifts, can socialize a bit, kind managers, cool co-workers, hours given when asked
Cons
small space to move around, equipment won't work at times, unorganized workplace
Good place to work but the future is uncertain with lack of sales and lack of capital to make company profit again
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 July 2016
In the building services enviroment it is fast paced and priorities change daily. To support this department I have acquired the skills of several software systems which I used daily. Difficult part of the job is satisfied internal customers. I enjoy the team I work with.
Pros
Free lunch several time of the year. Christmas party for kids.
Good job and not stressful
Counter Manager Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON14 November 2016
Sears was not as fast paced as other jobs I have had but the clientele was always pleasant and willing to listen to any advice.
The best part of the job was that the people who worked there were all very friendly and cooperative in the work environment.
Good Place to Work
Technical Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 September 2016
We all worked as a team. Totally enjoyed helping Sears customers.

This company is very family orientated. Good place to work.

The TL and trainers were there to help you all the time you required to acquire the experience needed to do your job proficiently.
Pros
Team Work
Fast Paced environment
Customer Service/ Real Time Analyst (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, Ontario4 October 2016
I have realized that patience and understanding are great qualities when it comes to the customer service aspect. Showing customers empathy is also a great customer service characteristic and helps deesacalate a lot of customer service scenarios
Overall a good company to work for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Home Appliances3 November 2016
Typical day is .Managed to hold the floor , with customers needs, questions, resolving problems .ANSWER phone calls .Attending customers sales , cash transaction.reservations etc.
Pros
Good payment system, and reward program.
Cons
Too many employees in the department.
Great Job for the Right Person
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2016
Have worked for the company for a long time, and sometimes feel like I care more about the job and the customers then the managers in the company do.

Other than that, it is commission based and if you are willing to put in the time and effort to grow your own business, you can do well for income. if you are not good with people, you will struggle.
Typical Retail Workplace
Replenishment and Maintanence (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 November 2016
Often shift times vary from morning to afternoon or afternoon to close regardless of position. The environment is very multicultural in all departments. The jobs available in store are what you would expect an average retail location to offer.
Cool place to work at
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2016
My experience was not good at all, very bad type of management cutting your hours down often very stressful atmosphere: there is always the suspicions that a wave a layoff is coming and may be you will be part of it. No place to growth at all.
Pros
It is still a job

2.9