Sears Employee Reviews

enjoyment
Senior Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON5 February 2018
Sears was an amazing place to work. I learned a lot my management team and peers.. Through out my many years at Sears I developed many skills working throughout the store.
Pros
amazing peers
Cons
no stabilty
Positive and relaxed environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON5 February 2018
I had a very accommodating manager, who made the job very stress free. I had a positive experience working at Sears with great customers and great coworkers.
Strict but very unprofessional work environment.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Promenade mall.4 February 2018
Management is very unreliable and is not consistent. Don't oblige by their own rules. The only positive thing, is the long breaks and lunches you receive.
Pros
Long breaks.
Cons
Rude management.
Good working Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario4 February 2018
The Manager was very good. Motivates employees. Flexible working hours, which benefited the part/full time employees. Was a best place to work in Bramalea city centre.
Pros
Free snacks during public holidays
Cons
A once very capable and bright futured company.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 February 2018
Although Sears is no longer in business, it was a great place to work for. Managment needed better training to help lead their teams. Upper management was arguably the reason for the company's demise.
An excellent choice for a career in the retail industry.
Team Lead/Lead Hand/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 February 2018
Sears Canada was a progressive company that provided employees with numerous opportunities for advancement. The workplace culture emphasized a positive interaction with management and fellow workers. Social activities, health and safety programs and training were a strong aspects of the company's operations. A typical work day was goal oriented towards quality work with high productivity.
Pros
a positive work experience
good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON3 February 2018
it is a one of greate store i have worked in my life. the work envirnment is good as well as the manager was behaves good with employes. the facility is good.
Pros
good envirnment
Cons
long lines
My volunteer experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 February 2018
volunteering there was quite fun, I've learned how to maintain and restock inventory, communicating and helping out customers, and having experiences on working with retail.
Good place to get experience when it was operating well
Merchandise Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2018
Sears Canada was a great place to start a career, to learn fundamentals of retailing, merchandising and operations. There were some great talented people that I had the opportunity to work with.
Pros
good learning experience
Inevitable death
Conseillère du service catalogue (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC2 February 2018
It was clear from the get-go that the company was not going to last long. It took them too long modernize their systems and get with the times. They constantly catered to a generation that was getting older and progressively spending less and less.

Management was a catastrophe. The title of Director was a rotating door of people who clearly should not be in those positions. Turn out rate was incredibly high. Directors pushed their employees to push sales and credit cards so much but had no idea how to motivate them. You can't really sell something that you don't personally endorse.

Towards the end, it was great that Stanzl was trying to get the company into the modern age by implementing more technology and online culture but it was too late.
Was fun while it lasted
Contractor Administrator Associate (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON2 February 2018
It was ok. But no one took leadership and the one person in charge was never really there. Would lie to us about what was going on. Had contractors and customers yell at us for refunds Then they went under and closed up shop
A very friendly work environment.
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON31 January 2018
Enjoyed working for all those years. Management and co-workers were very supportive and friendly. Hours were flexible. Benefits were attractive. Company arranged entertainment events such as tours and parties
Relaxed Workplace with a Tight Knit Group
Hardware Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB30 January 2018
My typical day consisted of selling hardware products to customers such as tools, lawnmowers, and tractors. Other than that, I would always lend a hand by helping and co-workers with projects they had. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely how close all the workers were and how they were always willing to lend a hand.
busy workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 January 2018
my review for this is anyone with great expirence can go work there you would just have to have the skill's n experience and do a good aweomse job of it
People where great to work with for the most part.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON30 January 2018
Job was not difficult to do, a lot of repetitive work.
Dealing with different drivers was the most enjoyable part of job.
Everyday you would learn something new about the people you saw on a regular basis.
Pros
Meeting drivers from different cities and companies.
Cons
Company now closed
Merchandise picker (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON29 January 2018
never got anywhere with them, could never do anything right when it came to work. never got breakes on time or somthings at all, no sick days always, said that i was last when i never was
closed
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC29 January 2018
Well not much to say now that Sears is closed, it was a good place to work. it had its ups and downs, worked there for 34 years so it was a good place to work
Enjoyable Work place
Category Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
Greatly enjoyed working there - genuinely wish Sears-Canada had NOT gone into receivership. Duties were as varied as a job of this description demands.
chill
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 January 2018
Pretty amazing job that allowed me to be happy while making scruptiously amazing money and become cool and beautifully wealthy with honor and respect from them.
Enjoyed learning about the world, their culture
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 January 2018
I completely valued my travel agent position and planning all types of travel for people, their families and their businesses. I was able to also have the privilege of opening and closing of the office which gave me great pride and independance entrusting me with all monie sand security. Another part of the position was planning all types of group travel for weddings, engagements and business travel.
Pros
Able to participate in some business learning travel
Cons
Not always being able to match competors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

55K