Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,495 reviews matching the search
Dull and Inefficient
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON31 January 2017
This workplace needs to be improved for many reasons from efficiency to inaccuracy. I could turn the shipping department into a much better place to work and improve the process, no one there has any motivation to change the old ways although they have recently changed a great deal of their system.
Pros
Physical work
Cons
Everything else
Benefits and trade-off
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
It provide a good employment benefits such as employee discount. The location is central in downtown Toronto which is very convenience for people who travel from different part of the city
Retail enviroment
Sales Team Lead (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON31 January 2017
Retail is always difficult but all the employees were fun and optimistic during the work day. Job was demanding and stressful at times.
Close, Friendly Team Relationship
Retail/Catalogue Merchandise Flow Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
Having worked for a few teams within the same department, my coworkers have made the transition easy and welcoming. If there were any questions or concerns, we were able to bring it up and have it addressed. Not everyone in upper management was as receptive to our concerns. It came right down to the bottom line and constantly changing our job description based on the needs of the business. That's not necessarily a negative but it does make it more difficult to complete projects. Even though there was different associate levels within a team, we along well together
Pros
Great Team Relatioship
na
Spécialiste service technique (Former Employee) –  Ste. Laurent, QC28 January 2017
I was an ok job nothing fantastic. I think they should have younger Team leads the older ones are very rude and don't care about a thing. Only upside was the cafeteria and the lounge room
too much work little pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 January 2017
associates do all the work and are not rewarded. management is terrible and LP is rude.

job security is terrible, they fire people very often because they want to change the image of sears and bring in a younger audience, they dont value people who have been working their for 20+ years.
Pros
co workers
Cons
everything
Good company
Commis de ventes / services à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 January 2017
Unfortunately company not doing as well for my needs as a salesman so my needs are not being met.The most difficult part of day is waiting for clients. The salesmen are frustrated and causes some envy among the staff. I am an experienced sales person who needs to contribute to any company .
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Not enough clients
Good Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 January 2017
It is a nice place to work at, easy to get along with your co-workers. They offer flexible schedules. It is really convenient in terms of being in a mall.
Stock person
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 January 2017
I really enjoyed my time working at Sears. Although it was career start work experience I enjoyed the other employees as well as the managers. The job was very exciting and would have loved to stay on further.
Pros
experience
Cons
career starts
Toxic Environment
Assoc CM (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
Severely over worked, under appreciated work environment. No clear direction, with NO communication or collaboration between other business areas.
Pros
Lots of wonderful colleagues
Cons
Bad Management
Retail
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canada23 January 2017
Typical retail job. Very little interaction with management. Worked at cash. Served customers and kept area tidy. Met many pleasant coworkers.
It started good but went downhill fast.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB23 January 2017
When i started at sear i loved it but now being there 5 years i now don't feel appreciated at my job nor do i feel like it is an enjoyable place to work anymore
Pros
Mostly friendly staff
Cons
Horrible managment, Under appriciated staff
Very friendly staff
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2017
I would definitely go back to sears if given the opportunity. A great place to work. Great management. Hardest part of the job is language barriers.
Pros
Calm environment
Cons
Language barriers
good place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bonnie Doon, AB22 January 2017
Worked at Sears for many years. Made some great friends. Had some good times. Learned many new skills. Very diverse work cultures. Fair employers.
Fun workplace
telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 January 2017
It was an enjoyable place to work,the people were nice.being a telemarketer wasn't always easy,you did get hard calls but you push through like I did.i had a nice experience working their.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Hard calls
Awesome place
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 January 2017
An amazing place to work, they actually care about the people they have working for them. They are always trying to make the work fun but still very perfect. As we are a distribution centre, the products are being sent to customers, therefore ALL items (merchandise, packaging) must be perfect.
Pros
Great people and atmosphere
Cons
Hard to tell when people will order things.
Sears Canada
Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 January 2017
I loved working at Sears however I did have a few issues. For one, I was working 25-30 hour work weeks as a student who was taking finals. Also, I was not aware I was a seasonal employee until I was fired after the holidays. However, all staff members were friendly and shared the workload.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Sears
Sales Associate/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario18 January 2017
Many promises were made as to possible career advancement and job experience however none of these were kept. Employees at this location were very negative towards management and policies.
Alright for part time job
Receptionist / Photographer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2017
Depending on which sears you work in the clientele is very different, meaning you will encounter all kinds of customers. Management and the job itself is alright, not bad not great. The customers are always the worst part.
Supply Chain Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON15 January 2017
Employees and employers were friendly and made the job enjoyable. Teamwork was heavily instilled as the environment of the workplace when I was working there. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a great place to work!

2.9