Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,534 reviews matching the search
a good place to work
Sales Associate/Health and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 March 2017
During my time I found the associates were wonderful but a lot of demands by the management considering its a minimum wage job. At times very hectic due to organizational over sights.
Decent work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC6 March 2017
worked as a cashier and sales consultant
learned good team work, customer service and how to meet sales targets
management was decent
good work/life balance
not much room for advancement
busy days and high stress sales targets
co-workers were pleasant
Pros
good work environment
Cons
pay
Good for a part timer
transfer sales, enquiries regarding our products (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 March 2017
The people I worked with made it worth working for and being there. Management worked well around my school schedule and I was quite happy for some time.
Family, helpful and fun place to work
Replenishment/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 March 2017
Sears was a very supportive place to work. Management was always there to help you if you needed a hand. I learned how to work with customers, tag products and work as a time.

A typical work day was organizing products, tagging new stock and helping customers with questions or checking out.

The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out where products went, as Sears switched to an out-let store and changed products around.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the family like feel and supportive team. Everyone worked together and made you enjoy your day.
Pros
Family feel & supportive
Cons
Lack of hours
Culture wise was ok, but it was not an organized company in many ways
QA Analyst - Contract (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
Culture wise was ok, but it was not an organized company in many ways, the salary was below market rate.

This company was not organized and hardly had any documentation to even learn their system, so I got the information from the internet to learn their system.... Since I already worked for such a company before, I tried to help them volunteerly to organize our department I myself so created a User Manual and other training and resource documents for the company efficiency and productivity.
The job I did was not challenging, it was a lots of reputation but over all was ok.
Nice work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON28 February 2017
It's a basic, and easy to understand workplace. Staff and management are very nice! Every department is easy enough to understand. Training is really quick, and basic.
Pros
Great staff & work enviroment
Cons
hours, and wages
friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE27 February 2017
It's a friendly workplace. Colleagues and managers are nice people and willing to help. It is interesting to talk with customers to see their demand and helping them to reach their goals makes me feel a sense of achievement.
good company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 February 2017
it is a good company to work for, however change and communication of changes could be better. Managers are open to hear improvements but the culture needs a fix, lots of old employees stuck in the old ways of doing things
terrible and unreliable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE23 February 2017
Wouldn't give me enough hours to survive.. when I got another job they were unwilling to work around my other schedule out of spite, wouldn't recommend it at all
Cons
Not full shifts
Frustrating place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE23 February 2017
There is a serious lack of support for employees in this company. Management are generally good people, but are more concerned about losing their own jobs than helping customers and employees. Training is non-existent, new employee's are thrown out to the floor and are expected to learn as they go, and are fired if they do not pick it up fast enough. Hours are given based on "performance", but if you get full time hours one week, prepare to have your hours cut back for the next two.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Poor management, high turnover, hours, training, pay.
Sears
Customer service, cashier, lost and found (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC22 February 2017
Sears was a great high school job which trained me a lot about customer service and retail. This job had great guidance and team environments with a well rounded community.
ok to work need to pay bills
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
good place to work. But since its moved into new location, find it hard to commute going to work. Went farther salary is still the same. Need to find a new workplace that's not too far from home.
benefits
productive working environment
Product Analyst of Footwear and Luggage (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Productive working environment was professional. I worked a long side it's keep vendors to choose the seasonal stock.
I also tested the footwear to make sure that is was up to the sears standard of excellence.
Fun co-workers
Lancôme Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB20 February 2017
Co-workers were the best part of working there.
Lots of events.
Lots of cold calling customers, informing them of upcoming events and deals in the store.
Closing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 February 2017
I worked here a while ago and it was an ok place to work. Very friendly staff members and that made working here fun. I worked at the Outlet store and right now its not a good place to work as they are closing in April.
Productive work place, good people
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 February 2017
Review the job duties and goals for the day in department,
Open register and clean the area and floor,
Bring out stock and replenish area,
Greet and assist customers.
Pros
Meeting and sustaining new relationships.
Great social club, associates enthusiasm all round good place to work.
Security Guard Supervisor, Logistics lead. (Former Employee) –  3075 thimens Ville Saint-Laurent18 February 2017
: Good environment paid training in many areas.

: The team aspect is great, you are appreciated.

: Information and communication, always time provided.

: PC knowledge to technical and non-technical users.
Pros
The people who are employed, good environment.
Cons
Job security, Downsizing, product knowledge diminished
Challenging work environment but staff are very friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 February 2017
Walk in and report to your area to serve the customers. Help each person find what they are looking for, provide information to each person regarding products they desire and help them with any requests for installation.

Product information, shipping products, DOS coding, sales.

Management was always busy and sometimes difficult to find but always tried their best.

Friendly and supportive whenever you needed help or had a question.

They job can be physically taxing at times.

Working with colleagues.
Pros
Nice working environment
Cons
Sometimes job can be taxing.
Productive workplace
PSW worker.I (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON9 February 2017
Working environment was very good. I enjoyed working over there. They provide very good facilities to their employees.
Was a great place to work
Full time Commission Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 February 2017
Sears was a great company to work for unfortunately over the past 10 years things have taken a turn for the worst cost cutting dropping employees benefits taking away sick time and dropping employees income

2.9