Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,343 reviews matching the search
Productive and Fun
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 12, 2016
Each day had different tasks to complete. Overall was a great job, and did not dread going into work everyday. Most of the time there was jobs to complete which made the day go by faster.
Pros
Free lunches, caring staff
Needs Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJuly 10, 2016
Management Team, worked cohesively together. Definitive and consistent direction/communication with the GM at that time was lacking. Employee survey of satisfaction for whole store 43% out of 100%.
Pros
Management and Staff worked well together for the most part
Cons
GM was inconsistent with expectations, unprofessional with approach in addressing areas of opportunity.
Productive Work Environment
Parts Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, OntarioJuly 10, 2016
A typical day at Sears Parts and Service starts off quietly with a few customers. There are many duties the store itself requires. The staff members are allocated to their sections and the store display is maintained throughout their working day; signage is adjacent to the merchandise regular and sale prices; researching or returning part selections and point of sale entries.

The Sears culture of commitment, and customer loyalty takes priority as low or high volume of customers enter the store.

I learned a management position requires much studious dedication starting with customer concerns, store presentation, point of sale reports, scheduling, and most importantly employee coaching.

My biggest adjustment is balancing duties, requiring attention, and considered a work in progress. There are goals and future deadlines
The future deadlines I have trouble excepting, as a developed attitude of finishing what I started by not putting off until tomorrow ensues.

The most enjoyable part of employment with Sears is the stimulus of
coaching, and suiting Customer service representatives with day to day functions
Pros
Linked team environment
Cons
Implementing a team environment when an employee puts and I into our work culture.
Productive and busy place to work in
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 7, 2016
Usually the shift starts at 5am in the morning, and begins with 3 people. One of them including me, the two co-workers with me are kind and cooperative, hard working as well that uses time efficiently and effectively. Hardest part of the job is making it on time to finish the delivered skids to us in a set amount of time, but the most enjoyable part of the job is when everything gets done on time. You sense the feeling of accomplishment after such a busy morning.
Pros
flexible shifts, can socialize a bit, kind managers, cool co-workers, hours given when asked
Cons
small space to move around, equipment won't work at times, unorganized workplace
Good place to work but the future is uncertain with lack of sales and lack of capital to make company profit again
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 6, 2016
In the building services enviroment it is fast paced and priorities change daily. To support this department I have acquired the skills of several software systems which I used daily. Difficult part of the job is satisfied internal customers. I enjoy the team I work with.
Pros
Free lunch several time of the year. Christmas party for kids.
Sears is a great first job for a student
Hardware Associate & Electronics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONJuly 5, 2016
I stocked shelves, inventoried, Sold merchandise and supported the manager in the department, but the main thing is Customer Service
Do not work here
❸ Lancôme Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 1, 2016
Worst experience i've ever had working for a company. Experienced nothing but harrassment and abuse from management and coworkers.
cared
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCJune 29, 2016
Sears was caring about its customers but it was also out of touch with what the public wanted to buy. After they were bought out by an American company it just got worse
Hardware Fitness and seasonal department
CAWP (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 28, 2016
While a good place to work for, there is not a whole lot of available hours. There is a lot of heavy lifting in the CAWP department, though co-workers tend to be excellent. Most management will work with you for your needs.
Admin Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 27, 2016
I loved working there enjoyed the work environment. Managers were great. It was sad when they closed the department I was working in.
Pros
Great employer
Cons
Pay
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKJune 26, 2016
Sears Canada is a nice place to work for, staff is nice management is spectacular flexible schedule but not enough hours.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay
It was ok
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 23, 2016
No much customers, Lack of management, Lack of hours, no raises, lack of recognition. There was barely any training when you first start. But meet some associate that are very nice. Wouldn't pick sears as a career option.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
no growth
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 22, 2016
A typical day consists of helping customers on the floor, cleaning the tables and making sure everything is hung accordingly as well as assisting customers in the fitting room. I learned about attention to detail from working at sears. There was an amicable comradery between managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not being able to find what the customer wants in store whereas the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to brighten their day.
productive,keeping busy,fun co-workers
Customer and technician services (Former Employee) –  islington ave nJune 21, 2016
typical day is busy with good results.

learned to be active,serious,honest,happy,with good results

manage with respect,example,focus.

co-workers are important,help them,respect them,don't interfere in
their personnel life.

hardest part of the job is picky,erregante customer,trouble maker.

enjoyable part helping and interacting with customer,getting them
what they looking for.
Pros
achieving
Cons
untrained leads
Good Product knowledge sharing, good public relations experience
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2016
- In the business of retail, change is a daily occurrence.
- New programs are implemented, along with new policies.
- Being adaptable is key.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
- The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Long hours, too much travel
Fun and open company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 16, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with this company I have grown very close with my manger and coworkers. I feel part of a team going into work and know that I have the support of everyone in all my tasks. I have learned many new skills.
gymn on site
Catalogue Sales (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 16, 2016
copy was thinking about employees health , had a gym on site with low monthly fee. Good benefits , great co-workers
Working for Sears
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  cornwall centre, Regina SKJune 15, 2016
-Typically my day involved opening a cash register and looking amazing. i sold vacuums the most as more vacuum customers were present than mattress customers. when you sell a mattress you go through a long process and sometimes complicated to handle operating system to order in the mattress and schedule a delivery.
-i learned in depth exactly how a vacuum is created how the machine works and which brands are good quality and which are "money-grabs" I developed sometimes lengthy relationships with customers in order to find the right mattress on the right budget and i was very appreciated every time.
-My direct manager was good and credible but the heart of sears has turned it's moral compass.
-i worked with an amazing set of people all who had lots of experience to share and stories to tell as most were 40-55 years of age.
-The hardest part of my job was learning the systems, they were from the 1940's and i've learned code like javex so that's saying something/
-The most enjoyable part of my job was how thankful everyone was that i knew my products to a tee and was such and understanding person. i usually received a couple job offers a month!
My favorite job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bayers Lake, NSJune 15, 2016
Best place to work hands down! I worked at the bayers lake location, there were some problems with the manager when I was employed however the company itself is amazing!
Good place, Good people
Outbound Call Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 13, 2016
Like I wrote above, the job was cold-calling people and selling guarantees on their sears appliances, and despite that it was an enjoyable job because of the people who worked there and the amenities they had in the offices.
Pros
Good cafeteria, fun people to work with, good management, good pay
Cons
trying to sell guarantees on some appliances that cost as much as the guarantee.

2.9