Sears

• Salary/Benefits
enjoy interacting with people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABNovember 5, 2014
Reliable and Punctual , Approachable, Flexible, excellent multi-tasker
Great place to work but job security is lacking
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn
Cons: job security
Very caring and dedicated co-workers but wages were frozen and no advancement.
positive atmosphere
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBNovember 2, 2014
Competitive Salary
Good Benefits
Good Balance between home life and career
A Great Investigative Enviroment
Crime Analyst (Current Employee), OnatrioOctober 31, 2014
Pros: great to work for!
Cons: pay can be better....
If you are seeking a future in Law Enforcement, Sears will open the doors for you to learn how to be an all round Investigator. The types of training and exposure to the Investigative field is not available at other companies.
Productive and Fun! Great Balance between Work and Life!
CRIME ANALYST - ORGANIZED RETAIL CRIME (Former Employee), Vancouver BCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: filled a passion
Spent 15 years with Sears and enjoyed my involvement within this Corporation.
Could be better
Marketing (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2014
- good work life balance
- no expectations at this point in time
- no opportunity for advancement or learning
- just expected to do more work as people keep leaving
- no idea where the company is going and senior management keeps changing
- good opportunity to take on new opportunities as long as you initiate the desire to do so. Don't expect much in – more... return though.
- Learn new skills and get out
- Great location! – less
Productive and fast paced workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 29, 2014
Pros: meeting and helping new people every day
Cons: sears is undergoing a drop in market share and customer confidence
As a Sears Sales Associate, I have a passion for customer service and thrive in a fast-paced environment. I am a team oriented individual who enjoys working with others to accomplish both common and personal goals.

I enjoy assisting customers with their purchases through relationship selling. My ability to quickly establish rapport with others complements – more... the desire to thrive in this commission sales environment. – less
good company
Computer Support Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2014
Good company and perfect management team. Very nice location as well
Learned a wide variety of things and met great people
manager and sales associate (Former Employee), Victoria B.C.October 27, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and staff
Cons: to much managment not leading properly
A typical day at work was helping staff reach sales goals, delegating tasks and helping the team work together to fulfill any requirements needed. Customer relations and problem solving. Listening to customers and making sure they are left feeling good about the company and there experience. I learned a lot about many products. Management sometimes – more... struggled with being present when needed but it just made me learn how to resolve more issues on my own. The hardest part of the job was helping people who just wanted to complain and not come to a resolution. The most enjoyable part of my job was working for my staff to make a smooth running happy work environment. – less
Sears is one of the largest retail in North America
Cashier (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 22, 2014
I liked working at Sears because of my manager which she became my best friend. She thought me lots of new things that I never did them before.
Started off okay...
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 20, 2014
Management was way off, schedule was never done in advance, couldn't plan anything for family/friends and after Christmas, only got 4 hours per week or work! Definitely was not worth the time, gas or money...
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2014
A typical day at work for 5 or 6 hours, sign in, open the safe and put out all of the gold and diamonds, clean the glass cabinets, remove anything on top of the table, then I am ready to serve my customers, I am sometimes relieved by another co-workers and she will close out the teal and put the jewellry back into the safe then make sure the area is – more... clean and ready for the following day.

I have learned structure in my business and in life general, I have a good rapport with management and I find them to be very fair. I get along very well with my co-workers and we all works as a team even thou I take care of the jewellry department, I also help in cosmetics and women clothing when needed.

The hardest part is realizing and understand that not everyone works at the same paste as you do, and now I get that.

The most enjoyable part of the job is welcoming my customers into my home and reason saying that is we treat our customers as a guest and want them to feel comfortable, and to know that we are here to serve them, so they have our full attention to what brought them into the store and it's my job to assist them of getting what they came here for and to make sure that they're happy when they leave.

So to know that you have done your part as a customer service agent when you see those same faces returning, that's a good feeling. – less
Work Experience
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Montreal, QCOctober 19, 2014
I like the job as I deal with customers on daily basis, listen to their problems, working on solving the issues, help them, trying to please them....
I love my co-workers, they are very helpful and supportive.
The most enjoyable part is I learn something new everyday.
FUN WORK PLACE
Logistics-Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2014
I unloaded trailers put together skids brought them up to the departments helped customers when needed. I also shipped packages
appliance repair technician
Service Technician (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 14, 2014
I drive from each job to the next. I have learned all aspects of in home appliance repair. I enjoy this job very much.
Enjoyable Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: discounts in all departments
Cons: unreliable scheduling
Working for Sears Canada is rewarding and enjoyable for anyone that thrives in a customer service setting. Days are filled with routine work (opening cash, stocking and cleaning displays, assisting customers with purchases and products), but the environment provides variety through the day. I learned a lot about how larger companies work, as well as – more... many things about the products I was selling. Sears provides plenty of opportunity to learn (as well as incentives for doing so!). Management is steady, amicable and understanding, though sometimes hard to get in touch with. Supervisors move around the departments frequently, but all are friendly and easy to work with. I enjoyed the busy Christmas season the best, when line ups at the cash desks never end, as well as seeing regular customers from time to time. The hardest part of the job was posting sale signage; it is a long, and sometimes complicated process that needs to be done quickly. – less
N/A
Sales Associate (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 11, 2014
typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
the hardest part of the job
sales attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 10, 2014
If im alone for the whole day I have to be quick as possible to make all my customers happy,To give all the orders in time to accomplish my job.
lost of transition
General Manager (Former Employee), winnipeg, manitobaOctober 6, 2014
Pros: trying to help rebuild an icon
Cons: inner turmoil
started the day pulling numbers and getting ready for meeting with sales associates, then throughout the day coach my management team to better motivate their staff to achieve targets.

I learned that making people accountable for their jobs is an ongoing task the moment you let up focus shifts.

i liked coming in and interacting with the associates – more... as well as customers – less
Department Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 5, 2014
At every job you learn something, I enjoy working a long side of my people's , I feel a Manager must be involved on the floor in order for your people to work the way you want them to succeed like you do.There is always room for improvement from learning and teaching.

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more