Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,132 reviews matching the search
Great Job for the Right Person
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2016
Have worked for the company for a long time, and sometimes feel like I care more about the job and the customers then the managers in the company do.

Other than that, it is commission based and if you are willing to put in the time and effort to grow your own business, you can do well for income. if you are not good with people, you will struggle.
Friendly environment and good team work
Specialist sales Person and Customer service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 7, 2016
Sears is an old well organized company with a many different type of employees from student to the elderly people. every day was a new experience for me, the hardest and most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the customer and management occasionally congrats me for the way I treated customers.I learned how to deal with customers and co-workers in a big group and learned how can I be a team player.
Pros
it was a friendly environment and at the same time we had to make the sales.
Cons
it wasn't really in my field of studying.
This was a fun and interactive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 17, 2016
A typical day at working here was booking appointments, or talking photos of clients and their families. I learned a lot about interacting with customers, and how to pose people for shots. I found the hardest part of the job was trying to get some of the younger kids to smile for the photo.
Pros
Getting to work with kids
Cons
Long periods of no work
Seasonal position
SALES ASSOCIATE-MEN'S WEAR (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONApril 4, 2016
A great team of hard working people that unfortunately was only a seasonal position. I enjoyed praise from management, co workers and customers.
The most difficult aspect was working with no training on cash or product knowledge.
It was enjoyable to go to work every day with self confidence in being able to give the correct information to customers and having them leave with a smile.
I learned that I am a quick learner and still very well suited to customer service.
Pros
Lovely customers and new challenges each day.
Cons
Having to teach myself the computer system and product knowledge
Great company but they hurt their own business.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 5, 2016
Awesome co-workers and management team.
The hardest part of the job was the constant changes of the schedule
as well as the constant changes in district managers made it frustrating.
Extreme pressure to be very similar to another company.
Compromising time for quality.
The most enjoyable part was enjoying the job by taking photos and working with amazing staff definitely helped.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Shorter hours, too many changes
Great Company with a strong Heritage of 60+yrs Retailing
Sr Merchandise Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 4, 2016
Lot of challenges in running day to day business which helps a retail professional to learn on day to day basis, on facing and sailing through the challenges thrown in front of you .
Great colleagues with strong experience to learn from .
Sometimes it can be chaotic but that's expected from a company which is trying to reinvent it self with a strong 60+yrs of retailing heritage .
A very productive and a friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 29, 2016
Throughout my years as a Customer Service Representative at Sears I have gained a lot of interpersonal skills and a clear knowledge on customer care. Sears has given me the opportunity to build positive relationships with my co-workers and the management team. Overall, It has been a rewarding experience in which I take much pride in. I hope to enhance my extensive skills and be a great asset to my future employers.
Fun and promising company
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMay 30, 2016
Sears is a great company to work for. From the management team to the co-workers, everyone is extremely helpful and hardworking. Not only did I gain practical experience from Sears, but I also received outstanding costumer service and communication skills. It was delightful working for such a welcoming company.
Good Product knowledge sharing, good public relations experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ONMarch 16, 2016
Opening, serve customers, get parcels, process credit card payments, money transactions, balance books, welcome customers, share knowledge of products to make suitable decision of purchase, do bank deposit. If cash was out trying to find out why. Seeing happy customers that appreciate you taking the time to assist them.
Pros
Work schedule suited lifestyle, first retail experience.
Cons
No advancement worked both sides, heavy lifting, no benefits
The job is seasonal and hours were cut or given when they needed you
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 16, 2016
My job was customer service as a cashier. I had to learn how to deal with complaints and if they couldn't' be resolved ask for a manager. Most people were helpful and my direct manager was wonderful to work for. I left due to hours being cut and I loved helping the customers and interacting with them.
Pros
Loved the customer service end of the job and my co workers
Cons
Not enough hours to live on.
Excellent working Invironment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 2, 2016
It has been excellent experience working at Sears Stores for the last more than one and half year Excellent working environment &, excellent and supporting team members,very caring and supporting management.Very enjoyable and encouraging customer interaction while dealing with the customer resulting into building long term customer relationship
Productive And Fun Experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2016
Communication is well with al the staff. Assisted customers with their cash transactions as well as debit, credit card and gift cards. Management was very responsible and communication with employees were spot on. Co workers were all kind and easy to have communication with. No hard part at work everything was up to speed and easy to complete/ Enjoyable part of work was working with all of my co workers and managers.
Pros
Good hours. Excellent communication
Alright for people who enjoy comission work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMarch 2, 2016
To work successfully at Sears you need to sell a certain amount of their credit cards and most people shopping their already have one so its usually a miss. If you aren't a pushy sales person this job isn't for you. I liked the staff for the most part and management was okay. I was hired in a group with 3 other people and I believe we all were let go for not selling enough cards.
Pros
long breaks, good location, quiet setting
Cons
unfriendly people, stressful
Un travail plaisant.
Manutentionnaire (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCFebruary 25, 2016
Le personnel est très chaleureux, le travail est partagé avec précision, c'est-à-dire que la quantité de travail à accomplir durant un quart de travail n'est jamais excédante à la capacité moyenne des employés.

Une organisation intacte, dès le début du quart, le travail est enclenché et ce jusqu'à la dernière minute, sans excès.
Pros
Belle ambiance sans contraintes.
Cons
Le poids de la marchandise qui pouvait s'avérer plus ou moins lourd.
Seasonal fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKMarch 13, 2016
This job had its ups and downs. I started as a seasonal employee and within a year was the manager. I enjoyed the photography and the energy needed during the seasonal peaks. The district management was regrettably not what I would consider a bonus to the company. I would've stayed with Sears portrait studio if the benefits and raises were better.
Pros
creativity
Cons
no benefits
Fun position, great co-workers, horrible boss !
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 20, 2016
I would dispatch 10 trucks throughout Vancouver Island to specific homes at specific times... routing each guy with their route, parts, timing and syncing them so that their days were fluid.

My boss was new and made and broke promises daily. Was very rude to some, and showed huge favortism to others.

I loved the job, but ended up hated going to work into what felt like elementary school games.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Manager from heck!
Amazing place to work with positive work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 22, 2016
Sears was a great employer for me. I got to learn improve many of my skills such as, customer service, sales, time management, and cash handling skills. The management there was very friendly and supportive. Employees would go the extra mile to teach you the tips and tricks needed to do better at the job.
Worst job I have ever had
Sales (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 19, 2016
from day one you can tell it's a sinking ship. Badly behaved co workers and management. Toxic environment. One sales person called another's wife ugly, whose response was to pull a knife and threaten to kill him. They both kept heir jobs. I was almost on a fist fight over $0.30 Commission I accidentally stole. It was the second incidence of violence that my co worker had been invoked in, they still kept their job. They need to be gone from the Canadian busness landscape, terrible company.
fun work place, people were very nice
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Truro, NSFebruary 12, 2016
My typical day of work would be ordering to make sure the store had all of the updated models and any that were going to be on sale for display. also had to make sure the work environment was clean and safe. made signs and had to order and ring in sales. I learned how to multitask, and learned all information about our craftsman products. My co-workers were very pleasant to work with and we all got along great. The hardest part of the job was stock, because everything was so large and heavy to move. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the customers.
Pros
the people i worked with were so easy to get along with and friendly
Cons
long christmas hours
A great place to work if one is a student and the team is almost always kind and friendly!
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BCApril 4, 2016
A typical shift will be anywhere from 4-8 hours of work. Depending on the area one works, they might be busier than others. For example Ladies Wear is busier than Catalogue, and the tasks each of them perform is different.

2.9