Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work
Merchandising Presentation Team (Current Employee), Prince George, BCFebruary 9, 2016
Pros: great management team, christmas party, staff bbq's
Cons: not enough hours
A typical work day consists of putting out stock, cleaning assigned department, merchandising of clothes, marking down products to clearance, re-merchandising of clearance, and weekly sale set-up and take down. I have learned a lot about the ins and outs of retail merchandising in the two and a half years at Sears and really enjoy working in a team environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with customers and my co-workers.
Hard working, Under pressure working,
Cashier and Customer Services (Former Employee), Calgary,ABAugust 24, 2015
Pros: good management culture, good working environment, Flexibility
Cons: no job security, unstable working hours
It is awesome to work in sears. Always supporting and cooperative management.The great team of co-workers and best understanding of managers and employees.And i love to convince customers to open credit cards.
Productive And Fun Experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Good hours. Excellent communication
Communication is well with al the staff. Assisted customers with their cash transactions as well as debit, credit card and gift cards. Management was very responsible and communication with employees were spot on. Co workers were all kind and easy to have communication with. No hard part at work everything was up to speed and easy to complete/ Enjoyable part of work was working with all of my co workers and managers.
Alright for people who enjoy comission work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Dartmouth, NSMarch 2, 2016
Pros: long breaks, good location, quiet setting
Cons: unfriendly people, stressful
To work successfully at Sears you need to sell a certain amount of their credit cards and most people shopping their already have one so its usually a miss. If you aren't a pushy sales person this job isn't for you. I liked the staff for the most part and management was okay. I was hired in a group with 3 other people and I believe we all were let go for not selling enough cards.
Great company but they hurt their own business.
Photographer (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 5, 2016
Pros: Paid breaks
Cons: Shorter hours, too many changes
Awesome co-workers and management team.
The hardest part of the job was the constant changes of the schedule
as well as the constant changes in district managers made it frustrating.
Extreme pressure to be very similar to another company.
Compromising time for quality.
The most enjoyable part was enjoying the job by taking photos and working with amazing staff definitely helped.
Worst job I have ever had
Sales (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 19, 2016
from day one you can tell it's a sinking ship. Badly behaved co workers and management. Toxic environment. One sales person called another's wife ugly, whose response was to pull a knife and threaten to kill him. They both kept heir jobs. I was almost on a fist fight over $0.30 Commission I accidentally stole. It was the second incidence of violence that my co worker had been invoked in, they still kept their job. They need to be gone from the Canadian busness landscape, terrible company.
Excellent working Invironment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 2, 2016
It has been excellent experience working at Sears Stores for the last more than one and half year Excellent working environment &, excellent and supporting team members,very caring and supporting management.Very enjoyable and encouraging customer interaction while dealing with the customer resulting into building long term customer relationship
Horrible company
MPT (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Pros: very nice, friendly co-workers
Cons: bad management, bad hours, very demanding job
I worked for this company for last couple years and i don't have nothing nice to say. I was part of MP Team, it was fun place to work when we had a good leader, nice, friendly and approachable person somebody who knows her job. She left and somebody else took over and everything went downhill and your job started to be very stressful, people started to quit, job can't be done because they don't have people or new people don't have proper training and they don't know what to do, but there is no understandings from management, they keep their eyes closed or their going call you to the office for a lecture, hours are very bad one shift per week or two, MPT starts their shift at 5 a.m. not fun at all, Thursday is signs day and it is a horrible day, you can't go for break or home until signing is done and because they don't have people that takes time, no wonder nobody wants to stay. no hours, bad management, horrible leader, very pushy, not friendly, not approachable, rude, a lot of work waiting to be done but they don't have hours or people. So my point is spare yourself a lot of stress and go find somewhere else same job because It is not worth it..sorry Sears.
Productive and enjoyable workplace with good co-workers
General Labourer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 12, 2015
Pros: Sociable, nice work-environment.
Cons: Keeping schedule times appropriate and on time.
A typical day of work varies. You could have a couple days in general managements or warehousing for a company in the mornings - then have a new job during night shifts, power-washing parking lots, or working for moving companies! Very fun!

Co-workers can also very, most are very fun, dedicated to their work, and your bosses are always on your side!

Hardest part of the job, is keeping your time schedules open to switching from job to job opportunities; Easiest part of the job is making new firends, enjoying a sociable environment, and having fun!
It was a fun place to work because of the great Staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCJanuary 21, 2016
Pros: Co-workers, customers
Cons: Management had head office problems that trickled down to staff.
Very busy at the cash desk, which I loved.
Had to learn how to use very old cash registers.
Management was not very supportive.
My co-workers where awesome, everyone got along
It was very hard to sell there credit cards.
The most enjoyable part was the customers, they were a lot of fun and interesing.
Working with a great team of people
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Eastgate, Hamilton OntarioOctober 26, 2015
Pros: fellow workers (both associates and management)
Cons: nil
I enjoy coming into work each day, experiencing new challenges, and continuing to develop new skills in the retail sector. Co-workers are always friendly and helpful, demonstrating great team work, who are willing to share knowledge and skills. The management team members are very supportive and are willing to listen to problems and issues, and to find a solution to remedy the situation. The managers show by example, through their hard work, and are always willing to pitch in to help. While some of the clientele can be challenging at times, the majority of our customers are pleasant and amiable and leave the store happy and satisfied by the service they have received.
Great Place to Work
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee), OakvilleOctober 15, 2015
Pros: Opportunity to work with top management
Cons: Financial problems
Good Management and great culture to grow with. Customer Service is the important part of business operation, Friendly work environment and every one respect each team member. Everyone is here to support each other.
productive and fun place to work
heavy duity mechanic (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2015
Pros: exelant pay
Cons: very long hours
Built drilling rigs for the oil company's
very hard work but very rewarding
Pay there was good
benefits were pretty good
Amazing place to work with positive work environment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMarch 22, 2016
Sears was a great employer for me. I got to learn improve many of my skills such as, customer service, sales, time management, and cash handling skills. The management there was very friendly and supportive. Employees would go the extra mile to teach you the tips and tricks needed to do better at the job.
Focused on Customer Service excellence
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Coquitlam CenterAugust 25, 2015
Pros: 15 5 off Sears Merchandise and ability to put my skills and knowledge to work in housewares, bed and bath deptartments
Cons: Long hours of standing- 8 hour shifts with minimal breaks
Witih 8 staff underneath my management and supervisory position, I was looking to put Sears on the map for not older the elderly but a younger demographic by way up upscaling how the business is defined.
Busy but good management and a professional Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 5, 2016
Good Management, busy in the office. Hardest part is not enough hours for their employees.
I learned data entry and the delivery system. I learned how the catalogue system works. Most enjoyable part of work is having Galas and prizes every few weekends
Great enviroment, work load consistant.
FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 14, 2015
Pros: Rewarded when sales were exceeded during holidays.
Cons: Super early mornign shifts.
Very enjoyable work place with a decent amount of employees working per department. There was a great set of management who set out reasonable goals for the store. Their main focus was for us to attend to customers and ask if we could help them out in finding what they were looking for. It was quite an easy process signing in and starting your shift. Breaks were fait timing and the fact the store was located in mall was a plus. As holidays or major sales came around the work flow got a bit busy but overall it was a wonderful experience.
Good to Deal with variety of customers
Customer Service Desk Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 21, 2015
Pros: Additional Employee discount
Cons: Less hours
I learned a lot from Sears. I learned how to deal with different people,how to maintain relationships with co-workers by helping them,was fun to work with my co-workers. My management was so good and supporting.
The most enjoyable part of working at sears is dealing with customers.
Working at Sears
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: chances for advancement was limited
A typical work day at Sears was interacting the customers there were pleasant ones and not so pleasant ones. I still held my composure and try to get a laugh out of everyone. Sometimes successful sometimes not. The hardest part of the day was knowing that there was a customer dissatisfied with our services.I really enjoyed talking with the customers. Management and my co-workers were fabulous to work with.
Strong commitment and loyalty from team members
Associate (Former Employee), OntarioMarch 14, 2016
Pros: Flexibility within your own market
Cons: Lack of corporate visibility at store level
Culture is actively built from within each store store - and the people make the company successful. Lots of commitment at the store level to make the customer experience better.
Headquarters