Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,572 reviews matching the search
Less than satisfactory
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON9 April 2017
While working here the management was not worth the amount that was being paid. the employees were much better than the management. I would not work at this location again.
Pros
Employees
Good working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 April 2017
Management takes employee concerns very seriously but are not always accommodating to employee needs. However, the organizational culture is excellent and it is a safe and fun workplace environment.
Poor management and a chaotic workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2017
Great people to work with but due to a lack or managerial skills it was a nightmare to work there. Schedules were never consistent, lack of training on everything.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Outdated business practices and long hours
Fun place to work. Convenient location
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS5 April 2017
This section of Sears that I worked for has been closed and no longer exist. I prefer not to review the company since it has been 17 years since I worked there
temporary
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB31 March 2017
i was just a Santa helper for a month during Christmas because they needed extra help while the staff was away for the holidays, and stocking shelves and cloths but it was fun and i had a great experience.
Pros
clean nice well dressed
Cons
temporary
Very productive and fast-paced environment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Eton, ON30 March 2017
Sears is an amazing and professional company that caters to making sure customers objective are met thoroughly. I spent 3.5 years with Sears because the company's culture resonated with me as an employee. It helped me do my job because of its professional setting.
Fun
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 March 2017
Everyone i worked with was a amazing group of people. Super kind and made the atmosphere very friendly. When first starting off the company made a very great training system. Probably the best training I've got especially just starting in retail.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Managers could have dealt with problems better
A long time Famous National Brand Company that has been known for generations.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary27 March 2017
A great Company that could have been saved. It's too late for the company as time kept changing and they stood still. A place that does not promote "sense of ownership" and nobody seems to have the authority to make a decision. Every question or decision is referred to the level above, which is then referred again above them, and so forth until it's lost in translation.
Pros
It's the right place if you fit in and think its for you.
Cons
If the Senior Leadership had thought about the company rather than their pockets, a great name could have been saved
packing cleaning
Packing Handlers (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 March 2017
hard working in a team show up on time i work well with others im open to full time or part time days or after noons or nights i perfer my pay 11.40 i perfer to work in a team or by my self is ok to i like packing stocking
overall satisfied
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 March 2017
I have always been a people person and having the privilege of working in Retail has allowed me to do that successfully. As a General Manager I have been able to help my team succeed on many different levels which included sales increases as well as producing million dollar sellers.
Pros
great work environment
Decent place to work at
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2017
not the most exciting job management are not the most helpful people when it comes to solving employees problems. Not a lot of training provided with computer software and new systems.
Work Life
Clerical duties (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 March 2017
Sears was a great place to work at when I first started. But, over the years the company started taking away employee incentives, and everyone's moral lowered. I truly enjoyed my time at Sears, but it was time for change.
Location closed
Custome service rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 March 2017
SEARS Canada removed all there customer service call Centre jobs to outside Canada, Before the move it office was a good place to work, people are nice and you are treated well
Demanding but supported
Corporate Delivery Assistant- Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 March 2017
calls into call centre as complaints on delivery service from coast to coast. Most who complained were right in doing so, but some were not, good for developing a thick skin with verbal abusive language and impossible demands from customers on a daily, minute by minute basis. We had the authority to compensate problems.
Pros
day shift, great co-workers
Cons
layoffs at anytime
Overall a great learning ladder in customer service
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2017
Sears gave me a great opportunity to learn about different products and merchandise therefore this enabled me to help clientele with their specific needs.
Throughout my years with Sears Home Services, I was able to learn immensely through the decorator, and everything there was to know about custom window coverings. Attending outside conventions with our vendors was interesting as well. I will always be grateful for my learning tools I gained through this company.
Pros
Conventions, and gatherings we had were fun
I have worked with Sears with over 15 years broken service.
Appliance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2017
I have a long history with this retailer. I think they used to be the premier place to learn sales techniques and get comprehensive job training. I miss the friends I made with this corporation. Sadly I think they struggle with this modern economy and have let quality slip and training is now almost non-existent!
fun place to work at
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
fun place to work at especially if you are someone who has passion for makeup and. you get to meet different type of people and its a great way to get experience
Fun to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 March 2017
sears is a good place to work for but if we take a look at the salary then it is minimum, even with the experience we don't get a raise. And sometimes what i think that there is nothing which we can learn new or exciting.
Pros
lunch brakes are paid
Cons
not many employees
Productive and busy
SR. Manager Merchandising Operations (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 March 2017
I prefer a job that keeps you busy at all times and because of my position there , I was always busy and it was a very physical job which I enjoyed , and I ran a big tem there which was very enjoyable
productive,you are part of the team
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 March 2017
work seasonal over Christmas, enjoyed it very much.
A good company to work for.
Good pay, the management was vert supportive,
I liked helping customers on the floor, with helping them fine
want they needed. just making the customers happy with the best
service I could givr

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9