Sears

Sears Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Capilano Mall, North VancouverJuly 9, 2014
Pros: people you work with
Cons: low hourly wage
Love interacting with the different kinds of customers that Sears gets.
sears is the best place i ever worked in and always will miss it
floor associate (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCJuly 9, 2014
i enjoy everything at work, every day i get to learn new things. almost everyone in sears is great their is great bosses and their management is great.
Although it there was a lot of physical labor involved with my job... it was a fun place to work.
Merchandising Flow (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 8, 2014
Pros: can't think of anything.
Cons: low pay and sometimes not enough hours.
The job itself was the same everyday. Offloading and loading trailers. Preparing defrocking stock to go to the sales floor. Great team of co-workers and a great boss who was always there to help and listen if you had any problems. The work itself was hard. For example there was a lot of heavy lifting and you were on your feet for hours, but on busy – more... days there was always enough help to make the work go faster. – less
Sears
Sales and Retail Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCJuly 8, 2014
Great coworkers, good atmosphere. Enjoyed working for this company.
Not the greatest place to work.
Cashier/Sales Associate Children's Department (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJuly 7, 2014
The flexibility for hours was great. The co-workers not trust worthy. Management not the greatest.
Good Experience
Appliance Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 4, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: commission base job
Good Company with long time standing in market, Kenmore is there ig ticket item in major appliances.
A Productive and Fun Place to Work
Buying Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2014
Being in the fashion world, the job was very different. I learned about buying Upholstery - fabric, leather,bonded leather and PVC or lather look alike Required to Assemble Furniture, rugs, fireplaces.

Good, friendly management to work with. Co-workers were very helpful, knowledgeable.

Buuilding up items for Catalogue and online shopping, though it – more... was challenging I enjoyed it the most. – less
was a good place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJuly 3, 2014
Pros: hours were good
Cons: no raise in pay last 6 years
I enjoyed my job at Sears. The work was as challenging as I wanted it to be. Co-workers were fun and helpful. I most enjoyed setting a daily goal for myself. Was pleased when I could meet or beat it. It made my day go better. A typical day for me was a shipment of appliance parts (10 to 60 skids); I would sort and receive then send to proper areas for – more... putaway. The hardest part of the job was sometimes not having proper equipment to do the job. eg: printer paper for printer used to print receiving tickets. I learned a lot about the operations of a large company. – less
good benefits, great commission with bonuses, fun environment
Sales Associate, Major Appliances (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 2, 2014
an overall great place to work! if you can get a full-time position (they're tough to find)...good benefits, sick pay, paid vacation, personal days and pretty decent commission with bonuses.
NIL
MPT Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: management
It was a great experience I would not mind working for Sears again.
great place to work fun team atmosphere
Logistics CoordinatorMerchandise Flow Superviser (Former Employee), Vancouver, B.CJune 30, 2014
Pros: hour break half paid for i could take it when i felt like it
Cons: pay rate a little low for amount of work done
typical day at work varied and isnt this on my resume???
unload trailer/load trailer, customer service, inventory, merchandise presentation, visual presentation, etc. co-workers were great managment was good no hard part as i enjoyed working there
Sears used to be a wonderful place to work. It was my second family, but now in these hard times it is not a good environment to be in.
Category Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJune 27, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: not a stable environment/too many people in upper management
I loved my job as a Category Marketing Manager. Being in Retail it was always changing and constantly busy.
I loved learning about the Cosmetic business over the last few months, and the people are what is great at Sears….
Unfortunately, the morale is not very good due to the difficult times Sears is having…
I used to be very proud to say I worked at – more... Sears, and I can't say that anymore…. – less
It's okay
Cashier (Former Employee), bathurst, nbJune 27, 2014
It's a job...lots of drama here. Deal with a lot of moody people and don't get paid enough for the job you do. All they care about is how many people use a sears master card, not how much sales you made.
Productive and enjoyable to work with Sears
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 27, 2014
Pros: free water
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work is when the store is busy. I learned how to handle stress at work, how to prioritized the most urgent. The management is helpful especially in customer service. Have good relationship with co- workers.
Versatile, diverse client group of people
Manager (Former Employee), Sears, Toronto, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: no breaks and lunches
Sears could be always better as before. 10 years ago the company was completely different in terms of taking care of the employees as well as the customers, most of the departments don't have any associates to help customer's making decisions and close the sales, no stocks, stockrooms are all empty, work load is full but employees hours are cut to 1/3.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), London, ONJune 23, 2014
i liked working with my co-workers, and loved hepling and solving problems with customers
Great people to work with.
Catalogue Associate (Current Employee), Vernon, BCJune 23, 2014
Each day at Sears brings a new challenge. Patience is the key with working in a large corporation. I enjoy working with my fellow co-workers and solving customer issues. The hardest part is being unable to solve a customer's problem because of corporate rules and regulations. The best part is finding a way to solve a problem that appeared to be unsolvable.
Repaired and rebuilt clutch systems
Automotive Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 23, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: nothing
Test electronic computer components in automobiles to ensure that they were working properly. Tuned automobile engines to ensure proper and efficient functioning. Used electronic test equipment to locate and correct malfunctions in fuel, ignition, and emissions control systems. Repaired and replaced automobile leaf springs, defective ball joint suspensions – more... and wheel bearings. – less
Positive work enviorment overall
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJune 18, 2014
Pros: co workers were excellent, positive work enviornment, selling clothing was fun
Cons: difficult at times to meet weekly sales quotas, salary was not ideal
A typical day of work included keeping my area clean greeting customers and providing excellent customer service. My co workers were all very nice and friendly I have no complaints and management was nice and helpful however I found there was a lot of pressure to sell, sell, sell which in turn took away from helping customers to the full extent because – more... most of our customers didn't have a lot of money. The hardest part of the job was meeting quota on a weekly basis. The best part of the job was helping customers and making them happy. – less
fun place
Merchandise Flow Associate (Current Employee), Red Deer, ABJune 17, 2014
Pros: having a insurance benefits
everyday i have so many things to experience and to learn about the customer service like to assist to the customer needs, and i am happy to help them and to the thank me with a smile coming from the customer. i am grateful to be part of the sears company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more