Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,538 reviews matching the search
Culture wise was ok, but it was not an organized company in many ways
QA Analyst - Contract (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2017
Culture wise was ok, but it was not an organized company in many ways, the salary was below market rate.

This company was not organized and hardly had any documentation to even learn their system, so I got the information from the internet to learn their system.... Since I already worked for such a company before, I tried to help them volunteerly to organize our department I myself so created a User Manual and other training and resource documents for the company efficiency and productivity.
The job I did was not challenging, it was a lots of reputation but over all was ok.
It was OK
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
I applied here because it was close to home. I liked the hours I initally requested but was asked to work for Merchandising as it was required by all employees. Some days I was scheduled to work from 4pm-9pm then had to be back at the store for merch at 6AM. Be prepared to be asked to come in on your day off or stay later.

There was lots of resentment the time I worked there but did meet some pretty nice people.
Pros
discounts, benifits
Cons
long hours and not very organized
Love my job, but the hours and the environment is...
Merchandise Presentation Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 November 2016
For the first two weeks, i was getting lots of hours and I loved that. But after that, i only get 5 hours a week. I talked to my manager 3 different times but the only thing she says is that's all she can give. But she and one of our team member who is her personal close friend would always be working together, and anything her friend says about the schedule, the manager approves which is unfair. And I see that they're still hiring when all they can give us, 2 new associates in her team, is either 4 or 5 hours. Although, I love my job, the hours go by really fast.
Pros
good salary, time goes by fast
Cons
max of 5 hours a week, personal relationships with team members affect the workplace
Pay structure is just as dated as their stores!
Minion (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2016
Alot of changes happening within sears canada right now. They are spending and have spent a fortune on "refreshes" none of which are getting customers to come into the stores. First of all. ..let's deal with the customer service 1-800 joke. As a curent employee, it is a daily battle on our end to fix what these so called customer service representatives do to our customers! Secondly, to get a raise with sears. ....HAHAHA. ...NOT A CHANCE!
Pros
Great associates
Cons
Horrible pay structure
Retail Company
Network Administrator - Communications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 November 2016
Retail Company with approximately 100 locations or more.
Supported the Company network infrastructure directly as a network administrator, dealing with day to day issues, and long term projects.

Company will fail before 2020.
Pros
store discount
Cons
low compensation rate, poor work culture, lack of advancement, rrsp plan was weak
Great part time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 February 2017
I worked at Sears for 8 years while I was in University. Great part-time hours, management was always supportive the workload was fair.
Pros
Annual Christmas lunches, snacks provided during inventory hours, flexible hours, getting time off for studying was no issue
Cons
Poor salary, no room for growth.
Pretty laid back
IT Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 February 2017
Overall its a pretty laid back workplace at least where I worked anyway. Pay wasn't the greatest and the benefits were ok but there wasn't much room for advancement.
Pros
Management leaves you alone for the most part
Cons
No advancement
Fun to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 March 2017
sears is a good place to work for but if we take a look at the salary then it is minimum, even with the experience we don't get a raise. And sometimes what i think that there is nothing which we can learn new or exciting.
Pros
lunch brakes are paid
Cons
not many employees
Bad
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton13 March 2017
Lack of job objectives, unrealistic requirements. Wages were low and raises are tiny and lack structure. Floor level workers are poorly treated and middle management is hung out to dry
works with minimal staff
Warehouse Supervisor and Health and Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK1 January 2017
not bad. a lot of staff turn over. they try to work with minimal staff which leads to large staff turn over and staff burnout.
Pros
day shift only
Cons
no raises
Great selling culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB8 November 2016
Great employees to work with .Management lacks team work and commodore .Good benefits and work /life balance is recognized and practised . The selling culture is one of honesty and product knowledge is passed on to customers.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low wages
overall, great workplace ambiance
SALES REPRESENTATIVE, CUSTOMER CARE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2016
I learned many skills at this firm, especially client services and customer care. It helped me learn and improve my skills. I was also able to gain many new experience regarding customer service as a sales represantative.
Pros
employee benefits and great co workers
Cons
less hours
Was a great place to work
Full time Commission Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 February 2017
Sears was a great company to work for unfortunately over the past 10 years things have taken a turn for the worst cost cutting dropping employees benefits taking away sick time and dropping employees income
Great coworkers and understanding departmental managers
Jewellery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 September 2016
I worked with great coworkers and management was very understanding. We had strict goals that involved signing customers up for the Sears Credit Card and Sears Mastercard. Sales goals were celebrated and praised across the store.

Our manager was very understanding and sympathetic.
Pros
Good atmosphere among coworkers
Cons
Often work alone
ok to work need to pay bills
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
good place to work. But since its moved into new location, find it hard to commute going to work. Went farther salary is still the same. Need to find a new workplace that's not too far from home.
benefits
Great place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 March 2017
Provided great customer service. Great place to work, learned a lot about retail. Great family environment, care about employees and provided benefits.
Pros
Always reward employees.
Cons
Partime employee.
Benefits and trade-off
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
It provide a good employment benefits such as employee discount. The location is central in downtown Toronto which is very convenience for people who travel from different part of the city
no extra curricular activities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON1 February 2017
it was ok working there even if there were no benefits to the job, it was just unfortunate that the store had to close down because of no flow of customers
Pros
no pros
Cons
no breaks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON28 December 2016
It is a good place to work. Co-workers are friendly and respectful. Sears has excellent managers. A day of work is calm, organizing clothes and serving customers.
Pros
Pizza and dessert in special days
Cons
No benefits, few hours
Close, Friendly Team Relationship
Retail/Catalogue Merchandise Flow Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2017
Having worked for a few teams within the same department, my coworkers have made the transition easy and welcoming. If there were any questions or concerns, we were able to bring it up and have it addressed. Not everyone in upper management was as receptive to our concerns. It came right down to the bottom line and constantly changing our job description based on the needs of the business. That's not necessarily a negative but it does make it more difficult to complete projects. Even though there was different associate levels within a team, we along well together
Pros
Great Team Relatioship

2.9