Sears

Sears Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sears Review
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Kennedy CommonsDecember 15, 2014
Pros: friendly staff
Cons: too much downtime
Calm paced commission environment. Comfortable scheduling and great management team. Learned about creating professional relationships with different age groups. Hardest part of the job was finding things to do during downtime.
incentives and bonuses for rapid credit
Customer Service Desk (Former Employee), Saint John, NBDecember 15, 2014
Pros: bonues and incentive programs
Cons: 4 conversion rate or dismissal
learned new register systems and enjoted the people and co workers
Good
Cashier-Seasonal (Former Employee), bramptonDecember 11, 2014
Sears is a very well managed store, from everyone in the management to the co workers
Entry Level Experience
Human Resource Administrator (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 9, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: no opportunities for advancement.
Sears is a great company to work for, this was my first job in Human Resources field. I gained lots of skills and learnt lots. I do Pre-Screening of applicant, job postings online, orientation for new hires, internal letters, performance reviews, attendance management, and more.
Co-workers are really supportive, hardworking, and encouraging you to do – more... better. Most enjoyable part about my position is attending job fairs and recruiting. – less
fun
parts pod (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Its good, everyone follows the rules. But nobody cares the company. I feel my co-workers just waiting the company shut down.
it's a little better than nothing.
Hardware Sales Associate (Former Employee), Langley, BCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: ...
Cons: look at review.
60 day review was late, given 2 weeks just before 90 day review. same thing with 30 day review, was also late.
expected to have knowledge of the engines, the amount of horsepower, luggage, sports equipment, seasonal items etc.
expected to get customers to sign up for credit cards, 1 credit sign up for every 20 customers/ transactions or get laid off.
sometimes, – more... when asking for a manager to help, they would walk off and scribble another managers' name on a piece of paper while a customer is swearing on the phone at you and wanted to get a manager.
Other people who kept calling in sick were not addressed.
Some preferential treatment.
Gossiping in lunchroom inevitable, even if you don't take place, you'll walk in sitting and someone will be the target of discussion.
10.25/ hour to start and non-negotiable. there are people who have not had raises in 5 years.
was told only negative on the reviews, which is very against every reference and other job experience held.
I didn't have high expectations and they were re-affirmed.
If you attend the meetings, any valid criticisms will be taken as a 'personal attack' even when they are suggestions to improve customer experience.
Any complaints (numerous) will be directed to the 1800 4my home number, sometimes they do not know what parts to order.
customers, some, scream in the phone.
to call first aid, one time, it took 7 phone calls, none of the others had a key to go get a kit, about half hour wait. ironically, there is a health and safety bulletin board.

even Boston Pizza pays more, and you don't have to do any of the above. – less
I enjoy my workplace and I am happy working with co- workers.
VISUAL MERCHANDISING SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Erin Mills, Mississauga,ONNovember 29, 2014
Pros: warm co-workers
Cons: no long hours
The day begins at 6 am.It's half an hour to one hour typical organizing of the given department with that starts the removing of signage.Once we are done with the new signing.The management asks to start replenishing. Replenishing is the most challenging part as it is to meet the deadline before the morning meeting which is 15 mins before 10 am, when – more... the store opens for the customers.
Thereafter,it is really relaxing once the given task is done before we have to go for our first morning break.I then enjoy the chit-chatting with my co-workers with a warm cup of coffee. – less
Teamwork was key to success
Part Sales/Inventory Manager (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches and reward for good work
Cons: too many changes to the department resulting in instability to the business
Gave me lots of challenges which I enjoyed. My team were second to none. I believe as a Manager by respecting them and getting to know each one in depth resulted in respect back and productive work. Generally speaking I enjoyed my time there because of my co workers and Management.
No traffic flow, quiet days
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sault Ste. MarieNovember 26, 2014
Work was slow and I took on other responsibilities to fill the time. I learned that I needed to work somewhere that allowed me to make commission or move forward. Management and co-workers were civil. The hardest part was trying to make a living at commissioned sales. The most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with customers.
Lovely place
Catalogue Associate (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCNovember 26, 2014
very amazing staff! Thank god I met them. Sears can be an awesome place to work and make friends and to learn about managmenent and job enhancement.
Office
Parts Specialist (Former Employee), Belleville, OnNovember 25, 2014
Pros: strong accounting background
Cons: working passed 5:30 pm
Working knowledge of manual and computerized bookkeeping (to trail balance; General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll
Used computerized systems; AccPac, Simply Accounting, QuickBooks Pro, AS400, PBS
Operated an integrated point of sale / computerized accounting systems (incorporating sales, invoicing and inventory)
Followed up with – more... customers regarding outstanding accounts
Balanced cash, reconciled bank statements and made bank deposits
Generated invoices, statements and monthly reports
Processed and followed-up on product warranties
Accurately input data to spreadsheets
Ordered and received inventory and supplies

Works well on my own or with a team – less
Great Job
Hardware Sales Associate (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2014
Excellent work, customer service and helpful staff. It a good feeling to be a part of this company.
fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: low pay
enjoyed helping customers, every day was different
one day i would open and it would start slow then pick up later on,
other days i would close.
good
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 21, 2014
co- workers were good and the work load was also not too much to handle.
Mid market iconic family department store.
Divisional Vice-President (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2014
Pros: organizational talent. advanced systems and processes.
Cons: bureaucracy. work / life balance. no defined strategy.
Great company to work at in order to learn retail and financial skills. The last 2 years of my time at Sears were spent on projects and cost cutting initiatives which ultimately prepared me for roles where profit needs to be optimized.
Great Experience, Flexible Hours, and a Great Team.
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 18, 2014
If your in school or just looking to start your law enforcement career, this job is perfect for accommodating your schedule. You are working with police and other security teams to help assist you and them for investigations. You are going to need to be able to work alone and be ready at an instant. Overall great experience with the company.
Good place to start
Mobile Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 17, 2014
I started with this company at the age of 18. Started as general labour unloading trucks. Was able to move into operating mobile equipment and was trained on forklifts and order pickers. After 8 years in this environment I felt I was as far as I could go and not many opportunities to advance where available.
Merchandise Presentation Team
Merchandise Presentation Team (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 16, 2014
Pros: challenging, fun, social
Cons: lack of communication, poor training
A typical day at work involved creating product displays during liquidation at one of the corporation's key locations. I learned how to work under pressure to perform basic tasks such as folding clothing and assisting customers. Management was strict and pressured to ensure that employees performed, but lacked communication with employees. I was trained – more... under another employee without supervision and was not taught all fundamental aspects of the job. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet for over 8 hours a day. The most enjoyable part was seeing the difference I was making in the store each day. – less
Fun workplace
Customer Service Desk (Current Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 11, 2014
I enjoy my workplace and I am happy working with co- workers.
It's fun to work with them as well my managers too.
The challenging part of the job is customer complaints but there's always a solution for it.
Office work
Catalogue Associate - Part Time (Former Employee), Burlington, ONNovember 7, 2014
Working with salesmen to accomplish daily sales. It could be stressful meeting so many dead lines, but mulit-tasking and prioritizing you are able to accomplish all that is required to get done for that day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more