Sears

Sears Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sears is one of the largest retail in North America
Cashier (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 22, 2014
I liked working at Sears because of my manager which she became my best friend. She thought me lots of new things that I never did them before.
Started off okay...
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 20, 2014
Management was way off, schedule was never done in advance, couldn't plan anything for family/friends and after Christmas, only got 4 hours per week or work! Definitely was not worth the time, gas or money...
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2014
A typical day at work for 5 or 6 hours, sign in, open the safe and put out all of the gold and diamonds, clean the glass cabinets, remove anything on top of the table, then I am ready to serve my customers, I am sometimes relieved by another co-workers and she will close out the teal and put the jewellry back into the safe then make sure the area is – more... clean and ready for the following day.

I have learned structure in my business and in life general, I have a good rapport with management and I find them to be very fair. I get along very well with my co-workers and we all works as a team even thou I take care of the jewellry department, I also help in cosmetics and women clothing when needed.

The hardest part is realizing and understand that not everyone works at the same paste as you do, and now I get that.

The most enjoyable part of the job is welcoming my customers into my home and reason saying that is we treat our customers as a guest and want them to feel comfortable, and to know that we are here to serve them, so they have our full attention to what brought them into the store and it's my job to assist them of getting what they came here for and to make sure that they're happy when they leave.

So to know that you have done your part as a customer service agent when you see those same faces returning, that's a good feeling. – less
Work Experience
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Montreal, QCOctober 19, 2014
I like the job as I deal with customers on daily basis, listen to their problems, working on solving the issues, help them, trying to please them....
I love my co-workers, they are very helpful and supportive.
The most enjoyable part is I learn something new everyday.
FUN WORK PLACE
Logistics-Shipping/Receiving (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2014
I unloaded trailers put together skids brought them up to the departments helped customers when needed. I also shipped packages
appliance repair technician
Service Technician (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 14, 2014
I drive from each job to the next. I have learned all aspects of in home appliance repair. I enjoy this job very much.
Enjoyable Workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Kelowna, BCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: discounts in all departments
Cons: unreliable scheduling
Working for Sears Canada is rewarding and enjoyable for anyone that thrives in a customer service setting. Days are filled with routine work (opening cash, stocking and cleaning displays, assisting customers with purchases and products), but the environment provides variety through the day. I learned a lot about how larger companies work, as well as – more... many things about the products I was selling. Sears provides plenty of opportunity to learn (as well as incentives for doing so!). Management is steady, amicable and understanding, though sometimes hard to get in touch with. Supervisors move around the departments frequently, but all are friendly and easy to work with. I enjoyed the busy Christmas season the best, when line ups at the cash desks never end, as well as seeing regular customers from time to time. The hardest part of the job was posting sale signage; it is a long, and sometimes complicated process that needs to be done quickly. – less
N/A
Sales Associate (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 11, 2014
typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
the hardest part of the job
sales attendant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 10, 2014
If im alone for the whole day I have to be quick as possible to make all my customers happy,To give all the orders in time to accomplish my job.
lost of transition
General Manager (Former Employee), winnipeg, manitobaOctober 6, 2014
Pros: trying to help rebuild an icon
Cons: inner turmoil
started the day pulling numbers and getting ready for meeting with sales associates, then throughout the day coach my management team to better motivate their staff to achieve targets.

I learned that making people accountable for their jobs is an ongoing task the moment you let up focus shifts.

i liked coming in and interacting with the associates – more... as well as customers – less
Department Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBOctober 5, 2014
At every job you learn something, I enjoy working a long side of my people's , I feel a Manager must be involved on the floor in order for your people to work the way you want them to succeed like you do.There is always room for improvement from learning and teaching.
Would not work for them again
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), oshawaOctober 1, 2014
gave them one star because i had too, but i would not work there. as a temporary worker for sears Canada. i was thoroughly not impressed
Seasonal Job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: decent salary, good atmosphere, friendly people
Cons: training not a priority as of now.
Good Management team, pretty much organized to other retail places that I have worked. Growth opportunities are available. Is encouraged to learn, develop and hone skills. Freedom to do things independently. Does opening, closing, training new hires, freedom to decide floor model clearance pricing with store manager; thus enabling to bring new receipts – more... which also helps in good merchandising. – less
Poor company to work for
Counter Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, OntarioSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: discount, coworkers
Cons: every weekend, poor management
Coworkers were great.
-Management is negative and constantly micromanaging.
-Constant pressure for sales, credit card sales
-No positive reinforcement
Good discount 25%
Great Place to Work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Coquitlam, BCSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: part time
Upgraded my skills and have a lot of fun doing so, co workers and management are great, overall a great place to work at.
Horrible company to work for.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Moncton, NBSeptember 29, 2014
I worked for this company for a long time. no advancements, I haven't had a raise in 9 years. They force you to shove credit cards. If you don't your fired. They say they are customer oriented. That's bull. Work for this company you work for chase Morgan ( owner of their sears card.) don't waist your time.
sears
Material Handler 2 (Former Employee), Regina, Sask.September 29, 2014
Pros: steady employment, great hours and people
Cons: building closed and was laid off
I worked for 26 years and enjoyed the employment. Our building was closed and operation moved to Calgary. I am now seeking employment with your company.
useless
Sales Associate (Current Employee), markhamSeptember 28, 2014
useless place where employee don't have a future that's why so many sears stores are closing
Merchandising and inventory Management
Merchandise Presentation Associate (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONSeptember 28, 2014
Pros: great culture and benefits
Got good exposure in managing inventory, merchandising and handling customer inquiries
Great culture and benefits
Enjoyable place to work. Most are team players.
Customer Service Desk/Cashier (Former Employee), SherwaySeptember 26, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: store closed
I loved working at SEARS. I started off merchandizing, moved up to cashier in Home Decor, then was placed in Modern shop Clothing.
Although I only worked a few months before the store closed, I enjoyed my job, and wished I could have stayed working at SEARS.
The employees are friendly with a few exceptions of some thinking they were more superior to – more... you because the worked there longer.
There was no real hard part about the job only when the store closed and the customers bombarded you with racks and racks of clothes to cash out. The most enjoyable part of working there was you worked a few days got a few days off. I really did not mind the shift changes. I also got more experience on the cash register which helped me find another job on cash/CSD. I love working with people and interacting with my customers. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more