Sears

Sears Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits

Good working relationship.
customer service associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at Sears. But only thing that I was not getting working hours which could fulfill my requirements. Staff was very helping hand.
fun workplace
Replenishment / Floor associate (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJune 30, 2015
Replenishment / Floor Associate
Keeping the area neat, cleaned and organized at all time
Helping customers
All items from cash desk/ fitting room goes back on floor in proper place
A Great Place to Work!
Sales Associate & Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 29, 2015
Management is helpful, professional, and knowledgeable. Training is provided continuously as new sales challenges arise. There is always room for growth and more work hours. Benefits provided to the front line employees are worth while. Hourly wages do not increase, however there are always opportunities for commission. Hours are reasonable and scheduling is consistent. All in all, a great environment to work in and wonderful staff.
Productive and fun place to work
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), Sarnia, OntarioJune 29, 2015
Sears is a great place to develop on one's customer service skills as it avails the opportunity to meet and understand people from diverse backgrounds
Sears home customer service
CSR/Visual Associate (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABJune 28, 2015
Pros: Steady work
Cons: Sometimes it got slow
Daily safe deposits, Monday morning fax weekly deposits to head office. Daily paperwork, redeeming sears points, catalogue receiving, and pickups for customers. Helping customers return sears catalogue items. Filing daily paperwork, sales associates daily sales cards. Setting up and taking down of sales price tags.
Great Place to work
Manager (Former Employee), Prince George, BCJune 23, 2015
Pros: Great Place to work
Cons: Senior Managment
Great store to work in. Senior Management left alot to be desired. Always seemed short of staff, large turn over of staff in retail part of store The hardest part of job was watching the young people been let go.
customer service associate
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), cambridge OntarioJune 22, 2015
It was a great experience working with Sears,I have learnt many skills related to customer service.The seniors of the Management Team are really co-operative for the new employees.It was a pleasure working with Sears.
great place to work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJune 20, 2015
Sears is a great place to work and learn
supportive staff
always get new learning opportunities
but no full time hours
awesome managers
The eomplyers and employees weer wonderful.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), toronto On.June 20, 2015
The employees and employers at Sears were wonderful to work with and it was a shame that it had to shut down. If only the CEO didn't shut it down, it would have been more fun to work there.
dull work, sinking ship
sales (Former Employee), abbotsford home storeJune 19, 2015
Pros: ??????
Cons: take some wake up pills to work. The stafff gossips a lot!!!!
I worked on full commission. experienced sales staff with five or more years sales experierience were working one minimum wage guarantee, as they were not able to earn enough commissions to take home more than the minimum wage. Management was cheerful about their future prospects because they were losing less money than the store was losing five years ago!!!!! The customers are all in the eighties!!!!
best place to start firsr job
sales consultant (Former Employee), Fairfax, VAJune 17, 2015
Pros: great team
Cons: too many employees
great way to learn sales, customer service.

started as cashier then moved to sales, selling appliances. great team. our job was full commission, it was joyful to beat other employes daily selling goals
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate/HR Helper/Warehouseman (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 16, 2015
Pros: Wonderful Employees
Cons: N/A
It was good to work here in the winter time, as Ottawa, ON has extremely cold winters and it was very nice to be indoors much of the time.
Productive and fun, also easy going as well
Flow Associate (Former Employee), Burlington, ONJune 14, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: not enough hours
great place to work for. Pay's good and there's always something to do. People are very nice and understand when you are new there.
A typical day at work.
Shipping receiving (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJune 14, 2015
Pros: customers received there orders quickly
Cons: heavy lifting
At the being of my day I would have to weigh items coming to me from the assemlby line, ticket them with postage and sort in bins for different locations.
Sears
Appliance Sales (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 10, 2015
Sinking ship. I did not want to be there when it all crumbles. Constantly switching managers and associates. No stability.
productive and a good environment
Part-time sales (Former Employee), toronto ontarioJune 10, 2015
It is nice to have an employer that gives the option to choose between weekday and weekend shifts and also flexible hours.
Not a company I would want to work for again
Merchandising and Pricing Associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 8, 2015
The departments are always messy, no one does a great job at managing the departments. After closing down, made it difficult for people to look for a job.
push those company credit cards or be gone
csd (Current Employee), BCJune 7, 2015
Pros: love some of the associates I work with.
Cons: don't look for medical or dental
harassed daily by management to get sign ups and meet quotas . Told "my top performers will get the hours" while this happens. Very smarmy managers .told I will be let go if I don't get enough .
Fun people to work with.
Merchandise Flow Team Member (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJune 7, 2015
The employees at Sears are a lot of fun to work with. By far the most enjoyable part of the job was when you could really help a customer out.
Productive & enjoyable dept. to work in .
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 5, 2015
Pros: Great company to work for as they made you feel a part of their team.
As a cashier & customer service representative in the small appliance & bridal/baby registry,I enjoyed assisting brides to be & future customers in their selections.Product knowledge is a huge advantage in this process.Offering payment plans, extended warranties etc. to make their sale easier. I learned to work well on my own or as a team member. Hardest part of my job was running out of stock. Most enjoyable was assisting customer with their choices.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more