Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,452 reviews matching the search
Sales Associate
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC26 December 2016
Extremely competitive job, must be experienced in using MS DOS mode. Bit of a downer I thought. Some staff at customer service are very unprofessional, swearing and a bit self righteous, not very good trainers. Customers were always great and I find always knew what they wanted and what price they were looking for. All very patient when times were busy.
Pros
The customers and morning informative staff meetings so everyone is on the same page for the day.
Cons
Poor job trainers.
It was OK
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
I applied here because it was close to home. I liked the hours I initally requested but was asked to work for Merchandising as it was required by all employees. Some days I was scheduled to work from 4pm-9pm then had to be back at the store for merch at 6AM. Be prepared to be asked to come in on your day off or stay later.

There was lots of resentment the time I worked there but did meet some pretty nice people.
Pros
discounts, benifits
Cons
long hours and not very organized
Rarely busy
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 January 2017
A typical day at work was over 15 costumers a day that already knew what they came for and if not sure on which brand that they would want to buy I had to compare both brands. I learned that work is not always the easiest. The management was fairly good and my co-workers were always friendly. The hardest part about the job was learning how to use the cashier but I got the hang of it really fast. The part I enjoyed most about the job was speaking to different costumers each day having a friendly conversation with them.
Pros
Fair Amount of time given out on breaks
Cons
Rarely Costumers unless it's Holidays
Good place for work so far
greater, cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 January 2017
I like my job, to interupt with customers and just receive experience in sales sphere. All managers are respectful and treat every associate appropriate.
Every coworker is friendly and come to work is a good work experience.
But sometimes you even not able take your breaks, not only me but every associate which is working there.
Lack of hours, our managers starts to cut our hours.
Pros
Ability to save because of associate discount, friendly coworkers and managers
Cons
Lack of hours, unable to take breaks sometimes
A healthy and fun-filled environment.
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 January 2017
The people were really supportive and encouraging which made me work more harder and with enthusiasm. Basically, Sears taught me a lot about customer services and improved my skills of handling them and providing them with the most satisfied service ever. The best part is that you get to meet so many people and learn so much from them. By far, Sears has helped me grow as a person by improving my communication and interpersonal skills.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  290 Yonge Street3 January 2017
On a shift basis I was responsible for...

 Managing men, women, and kids watches, jewelry, women’s clothing, cash, customer service in person and over the phone
 Administered bill payments for customers, as well as, responsible for taking accurate inventory of clothes and jewelry/watches
 Mark down prices for merchandise throughout the store on a weekly basis
Pros
The other Associates I worked with...they made it all worth it
Cons
Unappreciative Managment
Awful Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC20 December 2016
Basically the management lacks the basic grasp of how to run a store. Yeah, they set up displays and sales and tell you what to do, but they make horrible decisions, alienate customers and will outright lie to you as staff, to your face, about what they are planning to do. The job culture and co-workers other then that are average, not really a good, close meshed environment, but not at each others throats.
Pros
Not really
Cons
Poor Management
Love my job, but the hours and the environment is...
Merchandise Presentation Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 November 2016
For the first two weeks, i was getting lots of hours and I loved that. But after that, i only get 5 hours a week. I talked to my manager 3 different times but the only thing she says is that's all she can give. But she and one of our team member who is her personal close friend would always be working together, and anything her friend says about the schedule, the manager approves which is unfair. And I see that they're still hiring when all they can give us, 2 new associates in her team, is either 4 or 5 hours. Although, I love my job, the hours go by really fast.
Pros
good salary, time goes by fast
Cons
max of 5 hours a week, personal relationships with team members affect the workplace
always enjoyed working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 November 2016
I worked for Sears 24 years as a sales associate mostly in appliances mattresses and Hardware. I always enjoyed the work and made a lot of friends along the way A typical starts with ensuring the department is clean and ready for store opening.

After the store opens the real work starts, helping customers by answering their questions and endeavoring to sell them the items that they are inquiring about.
Pros
mostly given lots of space to do the job expected of us.
Cons
could get a little tedious if things were slow. fortunately that didn't happen very often
Wouldn't recommend
Buying Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 November 2016
Lack of planning and outside of the box thinking has held Sears back for decades. Talent comes and goes yet they can seem to change, as the senior management refuses to adopt to 21st century consumer expectations. Growth, culture... no more words necessary. Even with their more recent revamps on the brand, it's still not enough in the eyes of the consumer as the store experience remains constant.
Productive and kind workplce
Category Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2016
-A typical day involves checking emails, coordinating samples for marketing, setting up orders to be placed.
-I've learned a lot, including strong communication skills and how to work one on one as well as with a team.
-Management is great. They always have your back.
-My co-workers are friendly, kind and patient people.
-The hardest part of my job would be managing the different teams.
-The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my co-workers.
Easy to work there
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 November 2016
day was simple since we were an outlet store everything was cheaper and the rules were more relaxed. I learnt a lot about customer service. management was fair, co workers were awesome we still keep in contact today after it has been closed for 1.5 years. hardest part was dealing with unruly customers the most enjoyable part was the atmosphere.
Pros
Lunch days, bbqs, negotiable hours
Cons
short shifts
Pay structure is just as dated as their stores!
Minion (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2016
Alot of changes happening within sears canada right now. They are spending and have spent a fortune on "refreshes" none of which are getting customers to come into the stores. First of all. ..let's deal with the customer service 1-800 joke. As a curent employee, it is a daily battle on our end to fix what these so called customer service representatives do to our customers! Secondly, to get a raise with sears. ....HAHAHA. ...NOT A CHANCE!
Pros
Great associates
Cons
Horrible pay structure
sears is a fun place to work.
Beauty Advisor (Customer Service) (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK5 December 2016
Sears is a good place to work. The management is really nice and co-operative with employees. I like the environment and the team i have. The most hardest part of the job is performing and completing the goals of card share. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in a team and helping customers.
Pros
making new clients and learning new things
Cons
none.
Productive and happy workplace
Beauty Consultant for Clinque (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 October 2016
I have started working at Sears 3 years ago. Since I have been here, I have been promoted twice. I enjoy interacting with customers and ensuring that my customers have the best experience possible.
I get along very well with my customers, coworkers and the management team.
The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the public. I love creating a fun, and educational experience for all of my clients in order to make sure they have the best experience possible
Pros
Interracting with customers
Sears Canada
Sales Support/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON5 October 2016
My typical day would be helping customers shop... I would be there for customers to ask questions and as I am very approachable I spent a lot of my day listening to customers and their needs and being able to help them have a successful and fun shopping experience at Sears. Having patience and kindness allows for extremely enjoyable environment to work in. The management within Sears was very organized, always accessible and easy to talk with.

I would have to say the hardest part of the job at Sears was probably in the quieter times as you really need the customers to bring the store to life.
Pros
Taking advantage of the sales.
Cons
It was only partime.
Fun work place
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC4 October 2016
 Responsible of ten departments, seventy- five staffs, sales, financial and material resources and inventory.
 Provide a wide diversity of administrative services and customers services.
 In charge for the recruitment and selection process, job’s posting, interviews, tests, integration trainings, hiring, background and reference checks, employee’s schedules and payroll. Supervise, assign tasks, call meetings and mentor staff.
 Conduct performance evaluations, develop personalized action plans, manage internal and extern conflicts and customer’s complaints.
 Represent the company at various events and issues reports.
Pros
good team work
Retail Company
Network Administrator - Communications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 November 2016
Retail Company with approximately 100 locations or more.
Supported the Company network infrastructure directly as a network administrator, dealing with day to day issues, and long term projects.

Company will fail before 2020.
Pros
store discount
Cons
low compensation rate, poor work culture, lack of advancement, rrsp plan was weak
Great workplace environment with a great work and fellow employee relationship
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON31 October 2016
Busy when big sales and occasions arise
Not all days are predictable and many times your days of sales are dependent on the amount of effort you take in approaching customer service and sales.
Management have their own focus of areas and will occasionally step in to help outside of their designated areas
Co-workers in most part stay focused on their designated area but come together on other occasions
Hardest part of the job is trying to find solutions to bring in the customers in order to improve sales.
The most enjoyable part of the job is on busy occasions to prepare for holidays and events. excitement for customers and the sales associates
Pros
decent discounts for employees
Cons
reduced work hours when there is a lack of business
Lovely place to work, wonderful boss and co-workers.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Barry's Bay, ON18 December 2016
Loved working here, felt like I was part of the family (it is a family business for the most part). Boss/owner was very kind, and everyone I worked with was nice. The job was never really difficult and the best part was that it was just a friendly work environment where you can actually enjoy working.
Pros
Good co-workers.
Cons
No big problems.

2.9