Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,423 reviews matching the search
Love my job, but the hours and the environment is...
Merchandise Presentation Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 November 2016
For the first two weeks, i was getting lots of hours and I loved that. But after that, i only get 5 hours a week. I talked to my manager 3 different times but the only thing she says is that's all she can give. But she and one of our team member who is her personal close friend would always be working together, and anything her friend says about the schedule, the manager approves which is unfair. And I see that they're still hiring when all they can give us, 2 new associates in her team, is either 4 or 5 hours. Although, I love my job, the hours go by really fast.
Pros
good salary, time goes by fast
Cons
max of 5 hours a week, personal relationships with team members affect the workplace
Pay structure is just as dated as their stores!
Minion (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 October 2016
Alot of changes happening within sears canada right now. They are spending and have spent a fortune on "refreshes" none of which are getting customers to come into the stores. First of all. ..let's deal with the customer service 1-800 joke. As a curent employee, it is a daily battle on our end to fix what these so called customer service representatives do to our customers! Secondly, to get a raise with sears. ....HAHAHA. ...NOT A CHANCE!
Pros
Great associates
Cons
Horrible pay structure
Great coworkers and understanding departmental managers
Jewellery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 September 2016
I worked with great coworkers and management was very understanding. We had strict goals that involved signing customers up for the Sears Credit Card and Sears Mastercard. Sales goals were celebrated and praised across the store.

Our manager was very understanding and sympathetic.
Pros
Good atmosphere among coworkers
Cons
Often work alone
Retail Company
Network Administrator - Communications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 November 2016
Retail Company with approximately 100 locations or more.
Supported the Company network infrastructure directly as a network administrator, dealing with day to day issues, and long term projects.

Company will fail before 2020.
Pros
store discount
Cons
low compensation rate, poor work culture, lack of advancement, rrsp plan was weak
Great selling culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB8 November 2016
Great employees to work with .Management lacks team work and commodore .Good benefits and work /life balance is recognized and practised . The selling culture is one of honesty and product knowledge is passed on to customers.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Low wages
overall, great workplace ambiance
SALES REPRESENTATIVE, CUSTOMER CARE AND CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 November 2016
I learned many skills at this firm, especially client services and customer care. It helped me learn and improve my skills. I was also able to gain many new experience regarding customer service as a sales represantative.
Pros
employee benefits and great co workers
Cons
less hours
Seasonal position
SALES ASSOCIATE-MEN'S WEAR (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON4 April 2016
A great team of hard working people that unfortunately was only a seasonal position. I enjoyed praise from management, co workers and customers.
The most difficult aspect was working with no training on cash or product knowledge.
It was enjoyable to go to work every day with self confidence in being able to give the correct information to customers and having them leave with a smile.
I learned that I am a quick learner and still very well suited to customer service.
Pros
Lovely customers and new challenges each day.
Cons
Having to teach myself the computer system and product knowledge
Companie in diar future
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC9 August 2016
Sears is unfortunatly a companie that has not Evolved with the times. And is now hemmoraging from everywhere.

The employees are all secretly seeking new employment elsewhere because they know they are about to loose their jobs probably overnight.
Cons
No salary increases for any one at any level in over 8 years
It was ok
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 June 2016
No much customers, Lack of management, Lack of hours, no raises, lack of recognition. There was barely any training when you first start. But meet some associate that are very nice. Wouldn't pick sears as a career option.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
no growth
General operation
Sears Canada (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 September 2016
Managing an online medical business I gained some of the valuable skills like an open mind, a willingness to do whatever is needed, and a positive attitude which would be an asset to me.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Salary
Productive and Fun workplace
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON17 July 2016
It's a fun and productive workplace. They really care about you as an employee. The salaries is good including the benefits. The work isn't as hard it goes according to your capability. If there is a problem they are willing to try and accommodate you accordingly.
sears
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 September 2016
i am a Customer Service representative at sears.
i work on the Sale floor as well as chashier
i help customers as well with online Order and Pickups.
Pros
fun
Cons
benifits
Sears
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK9 June 2016
Overall I enjoyed working at SEARS. I stayed there for so long for the experience of being a Manager. There was no career advancement there, salary could have been better considering some of the situations I encountered.
Good Product knowledge sharing, good public relations experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON16 March 2016
Opening, serve customers, get parcels, process credit card payments, money transactions, balance books, welcome customers, share knowledge of products to make suitable decision of purchase, do bank deposit. If cash was out trying to find out why. Seeing happy customers that appreciate you taking the time to assist them.
Pros
Work schedule suited lifestyle, first retail experience.
Cons
No advancement worked both sides, heavy lifting, no benefits
Productive and great work environment
IT Support Specialist, (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2016
• Procure and setup new desktops/laptops; perform problem diagnosis on desktop/laptop issues and execute fixes to ensure that desktops and laptops are operating correctly
• Management is focused on operations of the organization's IT environment, including servers, network equipment, and phones
• Co-workers are great team players
• Hardest part of the job was pager support
• The most enjoyable part of the job was troubleshooting resolving an issue or completing a project
Pros
Variety of Cafeterias
Seasonal fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 March 2016
This job had its ups and downs. I started as a seasonal employee and within a year was the manager. I enjoyed the photography and the energy needed during the seasonal peaks. The district management was regrettably not what I would consider a bonus to the company. I would've stayed with Sears portrait studio if the benefits and raises were better.
Pros
creativity
Cons
no benefits
Fun work place
Store Director (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC4 October 2016
 Responsible of ten departments, seventy- five staffs, sales, financial and material resources and inventory.
 Provide a wide diversity of administrative services and customers services.
 In charge for the recruitment and selection process, job’s posting, interviews, tests, integration trainings, hiring, background and reference checks, employee’s schedules and payroll. Supervise, assign tasks, call meetings and mentor staff.
 Conduct performance evaluations, develop personalized action plans, manage internal and extern conflicts and customer’s complaints.
 Represent the company at various events and issues reports.
Pros
good team work
gymn on site
Catalogue Sales (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 June 2016
copy was thinking about employees health , had a gym on site with low monthly fee. Good benefits , great co-workers
Great workplace environment with a great work and fellow employee relationship
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON31 October 2016
Busy when big sales and occasions arise
Not all days are predictable and many times your days of sales are dependent on the amount of effort you take in approaching customer service and sales.
Management have their own focus of areas and will occasionally step in to help outside of their designated areas
Co-workers in most part stay focused on their designated area but come together on other occasions
Hardest part of the job is trying to find solutions to bring in the customers in order to improve sales.
The most enjoyable part of the job is on busy occasions to prepare for holidays and events. excitement for customers and the sales associates
Pros
decent discounts for employees
Cons
reduced work hours when there is a lack of business
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 June 2016
A typical day consists of helping customers on the floor, cleaning the tables and making sure everything is hung accordingly as well as assisting customers in the fitting room. I learned about attention to detail from working at sears. There was an amicable comradery between managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not being able to find what the customer wants in store whereas the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to brighten their day.

2.9