Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,458 reviews matching the search
Fun workplace
telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 January 2017
It was an enjoyable place to work,the people were nice.being a telemarketer wasn't always easy,you did get hard calls but you push through like I did.i had a nice experience working their.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Hard calls
Awesome place
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 January 2017
An amazing place to work, they actually care about the people they have working for them. They are always trying to make the work fun but still very perfect. As we are a distribution centre, the products are being sent to customers, therefore ALL items (merchandise, packaging) must be perfect.
Pros
Great people and atmosphere
Cons
Hard to tell when people will order things.
Sears Canada
Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 January 2017
I loved working at Sears however I did have a few issues. For one, I was working 25-30 hour work weeks as a student who was taking finals. Also, I was not aware I was a seasonal employee until I was fired after the holidays. However, all staff members were friendly and shared the workload.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Sears
Sales Associate/Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario18 January 2017
Many promises were made as to possible career advancement and job experience however none of these were kept. Employees at this location were very negative towards management and policies.
Alright for part time job
Receptionist / Photographer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2017
Depending on which sears you work in the clientele is very different, meaning you will encounter all kinds of customers. Management and the job itself is alright, not bad not great. The customers are always the worst part.
Supply Chain Associate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON15 January 2017
Employees and employers were friendly and made the job enjoyable. Teamwork was heavily instilled as the environment of the workplace when I was working there. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a great place to work!
great place having alot of interaction with customers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 January 2017
time management is very good at sears.
all the coworkers and managers are very co-operative and help each other when needed.
everything is perfectly managed there.
only good thing was a few of the people
merchandise presentation associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 January 2017
i worked at the london location in ontario and it was a horrible experience. only met a few people that were respectful. just a bad experience. not great management
Productive and fun worlplace
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON13 January 2017
a great company to work for. Are very respectful and caring towards their employees. Loved working there no matter what department i was in. I loved being able to work more or less on my own at my own pace even though there were time lines to meet
Pros
employee appreciation lunch every month
It was OK
Sales Associate/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
I applied here because it was close to home. I liked the hours I initally requested but was asked to work for Merchandising as it was required by all employees. Some days I was scheduled to work from 4pm-9pm then had to be back at the store for merch at 6AM. Be prepared to be asked to come in on your day off or stay later.

There was lots of resentment the time I worked there but did meet some pretty nice people.
Pros
discounts, benifits
Cons
long hours and not very organized
Good place for work so far
greater, cashier (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 January 2017
I like my job, to interupt with customers and just receive experience in sales sphere. All managers are respectful and treat every associate appropriate.
Every coworker is friendly and come to work is a good work experience.
But sometimes you even not able take your breaks, not only me but every associate which is working there.
Lack of hours, our managers starts to cut our hours.
Pros
Ability to save because of associate discount, friendly coworkers and managers
Cons
Lack of hours, unable to take breaks sometimes
Average
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 January 2017
Sears was average. It is an ok place to work but do not expect great pay, satisfaction in your job or any real perks. It is what it is and you have to expect that if you wish to work there
Amazing place to work and grow
HEALTH AND BENEFITS, COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2017
Excellent place to work with loads of opportunity to grow. Managers are the most helpful and friendly. Wonderful location right in downtown toronto.
i am not satisfiy withwork managment .
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 January 2017
You can not trust to work management.They fire you at any time they wish
they fired so many of my colleges without their expectation
You can not trust job in this place
Lack of work / life balance
Buyer, Menswear (Omni Channels) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Most of my working hours are in numerous of meetings and could not start my working until after hour and hence very low work and life balance at Sears.
A healthy and fun-filled environment.
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 January 2017
The people were really supportive and encouraging which made me work more harder and with enthusiasm. Basically, Sears taught me a lot about customer services and improved my skills of handling them and providing them with the most satisfied service ever. The best part is that you get to meet so many people and learn so much from them. By far, Sears has helped me grow as a person by improving my communication and interpersonal skills.
good to get along with
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  sarnia auto centre6 January 2017
I did lots on cleaning bathroom bay area for the cars
And offices and lunch room mop sweep vacuum and other stuff no buff floor
I Love the place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 January 2017
I love working there. The people are awesome to work with and for. They are great and very understanding people. I would love to work there longer if they extend my contract :)
Rarely busy
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 January 2017
A typical day at work was over 15 costumers a day that already knew what they came for and if not sure on which brand that they would want to buy I had to compare both brands. I learned that work is not always the easiest. The management was fairly good and my co-workers were always friendly. The hardest part about the job was learning how to use the cashier but I got the hang of it really fast. The part I enjoyed most about the job was speaking to different costumers each day having a friendly conversation with them.
Pros
Fair Amount of time given out on breaks
Cons
Rarely Costumers unless it's Holidays
great place
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 January 2017
Great place to work an get to know others on the job. Managment was great. Hard working job. Gotta really look at the tickets to make sure there right to go on the belt. Loved the job
Pros
good pay

2.9