Sears Employee Review

Fun workplace until 2012
MERCHANDISE FLOW ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario19 November 2013
When I started working at Sears, it was a fun place to work but then they changed management and it became hell. Salaries were frozen, position responsibilities were changed, people were not given options of what they wanted and so there were frustrations all around. Then stores were closed and although jobs were guaranteed when trasfers were initiated people were sent to stores the management kne would be losing and after two months of trasfer we were out in the cold again this time no guaranteed jobs. Packages won't be satisfactory considering that salaries have been frozen for seven years.
In all this I will miss some of my co-workers & leads who were nice and made work tolerable. I enjoyed what the MPT position entailed and it was fun but then we were relegated under the new name of MFT and although I didn't mind doing what had to be done yet still it was too routine for me & I became bored.
I have learned that corporate workers are not really protected under the labor laws and so corporations like Sears can do what they like to their staff with no one to complain to. I guess if I don't like whats's going on I could have found another job. But I don't like jumping from one job to the next. I am a loyal worker and will stay so till February 9th, 2014 when the doors will be slammed in our faces.

Other Sears Employee Reviews

An Unfortunate End
Professional Major Appliance Sales (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 January 2018
I enjoyed my Sears life..providing great customer service and hearing about the results.i.e customers sending me photos of their newly completed kitchen with the appliances I assisted in selecting gave me the greatest satisfaction.

Extensive training provided by our suppliers helped me gain the needed product knowledge to perform well.

Working with Builders,Real Estate Agents and Kitchen Designers to build a significant loyal customer base.

Team work was very crucial in our job..you never know everything so bouncing ideas and questions off one another was great.We were more like family..working together more than 10 years build a bond.

Losing Sears was like missing a part of my life and family.
work in sears was fun
Sales Associate, receiving (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 January 2018
In the first day I was nervous a little bit because it's a new place for me , then everything was good people, mangers and the customers. the hardest part was if you have something heavy to lift it and the most enjoyable part was everyone there was respectful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9