Sears
9,520 reviews

Sears Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
If you like doing makeup, you will hate this job
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), peterboroughApril 19, 2015
Pros: some of the co workers were nice

Cons: was not treated like a human being by managers. If you try your hardest, it is never good enough. You have to sell credit cards, but unless you get used to working their computers, it's impossible to do until your training is done. you are on commission block for two weeks. the other associates make money off your sales. Be careful when applying that it isn't in conjunction with any gift with purchase events, as they will just have you doing gofer work the whole time with little to no training, and they will fire you when gift is done. it actually has nothing to do with beauty and everything to do with making money off of people. Be prepared to cry three times per week, at least.

No training. No help. No encouragement.
good first job first chance
Part Time sales associate (Former Employee), edmonton albertaApril 19, 2015
Pros: in the mall
Cons: long hours
Get the displays ready
help customers
stuff bags
work the cash register
dealing with rude customers
making friends with my co workers
the family atmosphere
A team-oriented work environment with engaged and creative colleagues
Graphic Designer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 19, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, including Vacation, Great work out facility
Cons: Limited food items in the cafeteria
Sears Canada is a wonderful place to work. The environment is one in which colleagues are encouraged to be fully engaged, and are offered many opportunities to participate by contributing to the betterment of the company. There are a lot of fun, and team building events within the company. It really does feel like you are part of one big family all striving toward the common core values. Once a week you will have an opportunity to engage your team members and discuss successes, and ideas. I've learned that the environment you work in makes all the difference in the world. The people I work with within the company are caring, understanding, and very talented.
Sales representative, Fragrances (Former Employee), Pointe-Claire, QCApril 17, 2015
Sears is a great company for professional development, and benefits from a complete line of products and services it offers its clients.
Great place to work and grow.
Great Atmosphere
Field Placement Student (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 16, 2015
The team was very welcoming to a student coming on board to help out around the store and office.

I worked every Thursday and Friday and performed duties such as backchecks, paystub organization, commission sheet organization and creating and completing excel spreadsheets.

The management was in a tough position when I was there due to the many changes happening at Sears right now.

The best part of my job was that I did something different every day.
Confidence Builder
Outlet Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Warman, SKApril 14, 2015
This was such a busy busy outlet in our satellite community (Warman) to Saskatoon. Amazing how many people utilized the online shopping / local pickup.

Have to say there were many MANY stressful/ frustrated customers who came to return items, but my training and gradual experience with these customers helped me gain confidence and patience to realize, it is not a personal attack against ME, but just a frustration with a product. So I always apologized for their frustration, and did the best I could to resolve the conflict.
We had pic-nic tables outside and b.b.q activity for Kids cancer during summer time.
Chef d'équipe (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 6, 2015
Pros: We hade employes discount off 25 % . Free parking lot.
Cons: Working week-ends
I was working from 8h00 to 4h00 Monday to friday

Harvest data for the conference call. Meeting with the director to see plan of the day. Audit objectives, and planning of the tasks ahead.

Organize and prioritize emergency. Distribute the work. Check and analyze employee performance reports. Make coaching with employees.Read and answer emails.

I have learned: to communicate, share knowledge and teamwork.I have developed my sense of organisation and analysis.

Helping each other, sharing information is a very good way to obtain our goal. Teamwork was necessary to respond effectively to the needs of the client.

Meet with employees for inappropriate conduct codes was the hardest part of the job.

Motivating supporting and helping my team was the most enjoyable part of the job.

I started as a saleperson and I finished as team leader. Multiple reorganizations of the company have develop my ability to cope with change.

My involvement : cycling against cancer in young people has been a beautiful challenge and an unforgettable experience.
Sears
Cashier / Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Charlottetown, PEApril 3, 2015
Pros: Fun environment
Cons: No hours if you are not successful selling Sears credit Cards to customers
Sears is a good place to work for but when you are not selling at least 10 sears credit cards to customers per week you will not get the hours you want.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: Always a pleasure to go to work.
Cons: Finding a parking spot.
I would start my shift usually in the afternoon to close and acknowledged the customers and co-workers. I learned product knowledge, learned how to use their registers, transactions, procedures on exchanges/returns. I also was taught to do inventory using a scanner. Management were close by and pleasant to assist in matters beyond my control. The hardest part of the job was leaving which was a great place to work and enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Receiving Associate (Current Employee), London, ONApril 1, 2015
Overall good place to work.. typical shift would be unloading a truck of appliances etc. pricing them and taking to floor.
fun place to work
Sales Associate / Customer (Current Employee), New Minas, NSApril 1, 2015
great management team, and an overall fun place to work. Lots of clothes to choose from and new products to sell everyday
Highly productive, energetic and eager to win and learn
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 30, 2015
Interaction with customer and understanding their needs this is what i like to do.

I am on top of sales. I have excellent communication and customer service skills.
I have been in sales industry more than 10 years.
great incentives to keep the employees motivated
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: friendly people. nice atmosphere
Cons: not enough benefits
I really enjoyed working at Sears Canada. I met great people and worked with great people as well. They gave me the freedom to express my skills as a merchandising with confidence.
fun workplace
data entry collections (Former Employee), ottawa, ontMarch 27, 2015
the hardest part of working there was hearing people tell me that they couldn't afford to eat, much less pay their bill. i would go back if they needed me
Fun and challenging job
Commission Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCMarch 25, 2015
Enjoyable place to work with lots of fun people. The best part of the job is working with customers and helping them purchase what they want and need.
Gained Valuable Canadian work experience
Merchandise Presentation Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: co-operative supervisor
Cons: seasonal job
This job has been good to me, and I love most everyone I work with. The supervisors are cooperative, fair and very accommodating as far as the schedule goes and when I have needed time off for personal issues and ensure that we work efficiently at the front. Coworkers are helpful and always there for me when I need it. HR is too very good and helpful. I have been able to improve my customer service skills, my communication skills, and my teamwork skills as this was my first job in Canada. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to help people all day and talk with them about their needs and experience in the store.
workplace
Allocation and Replenishment Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto ONMarch 23, 2015
Nice people to work with but the pay is horrible. They do not give rasies at all and if they do it very small. For what you do you do not get paid at all for it. Only the big boys get rasies all the time and make great money.
good experience
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 22, 2015
I worked in sears for 3 month as a seasonal job and I learned team working and better customer services. My coworkers were friendly.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Desk Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good employees
Cons: not much on benefits
Good co-workers and manager
Tough on sales, need to meet the daily goals
Many people to deal with everyday
The company does not have much benefits for employees
Fashion
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bathurst, NBMarch 19, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: credit cards
Retail customer service and getting customers to open new credit cards account or upgrade to a new one.

I learned how to become better at my jobs for the future. Management was really good and the co-workers too. The most enjoyable of this job was getting to meet new people.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more