Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,869 reviews matching the search
fun, social enviorment
IQ Specialist (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON19 September 2017
i learned how to complete tasks . and how to work well with others, management was well organized. hardest part other job was not being able to console some costumers.
Not a great workplace
Associate Ecommerce Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2017
I have been working there for a few years. The management kept changing their mind. Always needed to work overtime. Everyone is working under stress. The whole culture is not healthy.
Sears Review
New Reciept Handling and Online Administration (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC17 September 2017
Sears has provided me with work experience in retail that I havent had before. It is a great spot for young people who are looking for their first job or someone who wants to gain work experience.. It has giving me lots of experience working on the floor, as a merchandizer, as a reciever, and as part of the inventory team. It is sad for me to say this but I am now looking for more stable job. Also looking for a better job that I can grow into.
Pros
Great experience for young people.
Cons
Unstable hours
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK14 September 2017
Nice job, good staff, nice pay and benefits. have worked for almost 2 years I enjoyed a lot. we were given good support from Manager and collegues. Nice place ot work .
Working with fellow team members was the best part, we worked as a team
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 September 2017
Shifts were different everyday depending on the merchandise and customer flow. Everybody helped each other no matter what department you worked in. Hardest part of the job was finding space to put merchandise when there was and overflow of trailers.
Pros
We had free lunches and prizes.
Good place to work part-time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 September 2017
It was a good place to work part-time while being a full-time student. Nothing exciting about it, the only bad thing I want to highlight is their old cash registers and software that could stop working in the middle of transaction.
Great Learning Experience
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2017
In the past 5 years, Sears Canada Inc. offered an amazing learning experience to its finance team, which is invaluable and unique. A typical day at work is pretty flexible to the majority but some others are really dedicated and hard-working.
Growing career
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LEADER (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON10 September 2017
Working at Sears is where i found the drive to Lead a Team. I took the first steps there and they taught me to grow and learn how to lead. Taught me what to expect in the management world.
Great place to work!
Senior Sales Consultant- Furniture and Appliances (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 September 2017
Working for Sears was very rewarding. Although retail environments can be stressful, people were generally very collegial and looked out for each other.
Productif
Operateur de chariot elevateur (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC9 September 2017
Tres bonne entreprise et bonne emploie avec belle equipe.
nice
Commis au Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC9 September 2017
it was my very first job, so it was cool to work there and touch first hand the work environment, was working in kids section, so it was nice to see little kids get excited about new outfits.
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON8 September 2017
I previously worked at the Yorkdale location in the shoe department. It was a exceptional section to work in no complaints. I learned customer service skills at this location and how to deal with upset customers as well. Management was great majority of the time.
Could have been great
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE8 September 2017
Understaffed and Poorly managed created a toxic work environment and with the constant threat of closure it was a difficult company to work for as it goes under.
Poor Management
CUSTOMER SUPPORT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 September 2017
Worked for 5 years and not so good experience as they have a very poor management. Micro Management and some employees are not very friendly and helpful.
Cons
Very poor environment and outdated facility
Descent place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON7 September 2017
Great environment , professionalism consistent
Management follow rules , pay isnt great but friendly place to work . Difficult customers.
No room for advancement
Not the best
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC7 September 2017
Didnt like the job
Didnt like the environment
the people where nice
too much work for one persone
bad salary compared to work load
hours are ok
flexible
stressfull but time consuming
Pros
hours
Terrible
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB7 September 2017
They treated people who gave 15 to 20 years with the compony with complete disregard and callousness. They are attempting to not pay out pensions for their staff to give large bribes to the upper management to stop them from fleeing a sinking ship. The compony is terribly run and there is no future, since they are already in bankruptcy.
Work
Allocation and Replenishment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2017
Culture is great as the people are professionals.
Its an open concept type of office and you get to see the whole floor openly and it's easy to communicate with one another.
Pros
Friday freebies like popcorn
Cons
Unstable company
Good job
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 September 2017
Simply put it was a good company, but over the years with the fall of stocks the job security just is not there anymore. Anyone with a family that works there needs to be prepared to move on in a moments notice.
Pros
Great pay and benefits. Good work environment.
Cons
Lack of job security.
Sales floor associate
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 September 2017
I love working at sears made many friends put out stock and helped customers when they needed help . but it's too bad that we are closing its sad and I'm gonna miss everyone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9