Sears Employee Review

Fun workplace until 2012
MERCHANDISE FLOW ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario19 November 2013
When I started working at Sears, it was a fun place to work but then they changed management and it became hell. Salaries were frozen, position responsibilities were changed, people were not given options of what they wanted and so there were frustrations all around. Then stores were closed and although jobs were guaranteed when trasfers were initiated people were sent to stores the management kne would be losing and after two months of trasfer we were out in the cold again this time no guaranteed jobs. Packages won't be satisfactory considering that salaries have been frozen for seven years.
In all this I will miss some of my co-workers & leads who were nice and made work tolerable. I enjoyed what the MPT position entailed and it was fun but then we were relegated under the new name of MFT and although I didn't mind doing what had to be done yet still it was too routine for me & I became bored.
I have learned that corporate workers are not really protected under the labor laws and so corporations like Sears can do what they like to their staff with no one to complain to. I guess if I don't like whats's going on I could have found another job. But I don't like jumping from one job to the next. I am a loyal worker and will stay so till February 9th, 2014 when the doors will be slammed in our faces.

Other Sears Employee Reviews

Was a great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC17 November 2017
It is too bad to see Sears go. I had a great career there with great people. They were flexible and fair until the end. Great products to sell. I will miss Kenmore.
Pros
flexible
Wonderful Co-workers
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 November 2017
The typical day at Sears, was getting to the job early, and filling out catalogue and online orders, that customers and purchased. And to have the merchandise shipped out on time.
Pros
Some of the best people I've met in life have come out of working here.
Cons
As most people know Sears is leaving us soon and has been for many years now.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9