Sears
9,884 reviews

Sears Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee), Cornwall, ONMay 28, 2015
Department store chain for brand-name & signature appliances, tools, home goods, apparel & more. Good team environment and friendly customer service.
Busy but day quickly goes by.
Merchandise Presentation Associate (Current Employee), Welland, ONMay 27, 2015
Cons: shifts too short
My day starts out at around seven a.m. I work with two other associates on the merchandising team who are excellent workers and we all get along great. We are very independent workers who work with very little supervision. The hardest part of the job is trying to complete all tasks in a very small time frame, my most enjoyable part aside from my co workers is leaving at the end of my shift feeling I have accomplished all my goals.
good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 25, 2015
Very nice customers, worked in the catalogue department and did shipping and receiving. Cleaned. Handled online sales.
Great team work and work atmosphere
sales associate (Former Employee), cornwall ontarioMay 25, 2015
I learned a lot on customer service and helping to solve customers problems. I always enjoyed going to work.The hardest part of the job was being placed in a variety of departments.
cooperative and fun
Administrative Office Assistant (Former Employee), Port Coquitlam, BCMay 24, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere
Cons: short breaks
Excellent place to work. Excellent management system. I learned a lot about planning, and import export business. The hardest part of the job is the commute. I enjoy working with computer and occasionally training new staff.
good place to work with
CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK ASSOC (Current Employee), newmarketMay 22, 2015
Pros: we always have free lunch
Cons: long hours but happy
A good place to work, happy and understanding to the staff. most of the employee are friendly. the hard part of the job is to please every customer. but the good part is when i made my customer happy and satisfied.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Thunder Bay, ONMay 22, 2015
A typical day at work would be a lot of customer interaction. Not a great deal of interaction with co-workers because at most times it was probably just 1 or 2 working at a time. Interaction with management was great as they were always both approachable and helpful.
Welcoming and friendly place where you are encouraged to do your best
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 20, 2015
Pros: Building relationship with clients and interacting with them on a friendly level
Cons: the lack of customers in the department may hurt my daily targets
A typical day at work as a beauty advisor would be sitting down our clients in our makeup chairs, giving them makeovers as we guide them through the process and teach them fast and easy techniques. Beauty advisors are also required to recruit clients from different departments and introduce them to our products all while keeping in mind what they would like to enhance in their complexion. Most importantly, a typical day at work would be to sell and reach your daily goals. At the end of the day, closing cash and cleaning your surroundings is necessary to complete your shift.

By Working at Sears as a beauty advisor, not only have I learned what the products do to the skin, I have also learned how to interact with my clients, build a relationship and insure great costumer service. Working at Sears has also taught me how to organize my client files, keep in touch with my clients and file all information needed to plan events and promotions.

Sears has been through a various number of different management since I have worked for the company. Nevertheless, every manager I have encountered at my job is hard working, welcoming and encouraging. Sears managers take their jobs very seriously and push their employers to do the best they can in order for the company to rise to its highest potential. As for our co-workers, it is very nice to work in a place where people are professional, sales driven, friendly and supportive.

The hardest part of this job is to reach your targets during promotion as you are required to reach high numbers. Although these targets are reached most – more... of the time, it is a stressful period.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the interactions and the relationships I build with my clients. I genuinely enjoy creating friendships with these customers. Another element i enjoy from my job is giving makeovers to my customers. This gives me the opportunity to build a new relationship with a client I've never had before and also allows me to show them skills and techniques of applying makeup they have never seen before. – less
Outstanding Employee
CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK ASSOC (Current Employee), newmarketMay 19, 2015
Pros: pre lunch
Cons: long hours
Busy always on the go.
how to make a difference with every customer
Supportive.
work with pleasant manner on different ethics.
to work with a very challenging behavior of customer
when i made my customers happy and achieve their needs.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), BramptonMay 18, 2015
Pros: Job stability
Cons: Little-No hours
Overall good place to work but management needs to be better organized and steady. I would prefer if they had fixed schedules instead of random shifts and hours would always fluctuate.
Good Job Experience
currently a Floor Merchandiser (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 17, 2015
Pros: Laid Back
Cons: No Hours, No respect
Overall, a good first time, and you're able to learn a lot of customer experience and general folding habits. You know how to adjust your time management skills to better accommodate what's more important
Sears
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Vancouver, BC, CanadaMay 17, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, former downtown location, stable pay, stable job
Typical day is approaching customers regarding their needs, up-selling the department store credit card, operating the cash machine, learning about merchandise, organizing that merchandise, making phone calls about that merchandise. Putting up and taking down signs. Gathering more inventory and closing the department. Great place to cultivate customer service and build relationships with management and coworkers. Management is approachable, warm and caring. Co-workers are caring, helpful and approachable. Hardest part of the job is up-selling the credit card, and keeping up with the needs of the customer. The most enjoyable part is working with the co-workers and the management.
enjoy my team worker
Customer Advisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 16, 2015
Management needs more traditional training on development of a teeam. Love to work with publc and a diversity every changing careers.
Not bad for a first job, but not easy
Canada Merchandise Flow Team Associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2015
The job involves a lot of monotony, heavy lifting and a very old customer base which means a lot of people who are hard to deal with.

hours vary from 50 hours a week to 12 so not a lot of consistency, even in full time.

almost every job in the dock is ''non standard work'' ie cleaning blood or vomit, or dealing with 4 month overdue items or failed deliveries.
filing system is almost archaic using a scanner from the 80s and a accordion file. half the customers want to load a 150lb range into their full mini van and dont understand when we cant do much for them.

the people on the other hand are great. barely any complaints about other staff and everyone is friendly. regular meetings with store and ops managers from each department every 3 or 4 weeks means new ideas and problems get dealt with quickly.

raises are rare and are mainly given to the staff as celebration days where meals are provided for everyone to enjoy.
Terrible, absolutely terrible.
Dock associate (Former Employee), Halifax Nova ScotiaMay 15, 2015
Cons: constant harassment and accusations. NEVER commended for a job well done.
I have never been more disrespected and poorly treated anywhere else, Truly upsetting how unprofessionally Sears conducts their business.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Associate ( Bed and Bath) (Former Employee), Timmins, ONMay 14, 2015
Pros: Working for the customers
Cons: Not enough hours
Typical day would be going in and checking on stock, assist customers and sometimes i would also put aside stock for customers and phone and let them know they had a specific time period to pick it up. Being able to work with the associate who trained me. Hardest part of the job was not enough hours to work with. Most enjoyable moment is being able to assist the customers with what they were searching for and seeing the smile on their face that they had found what they had been searching for.
fun place to work
Merchandise Presentation Manager (Current Employee), Dieppe, NBMay 13, 2015
ffun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun un fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun
fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun fun
Loss-Prevention
Loss Prevention Investigator (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 11, 2015
Pros: Everyday was different, variety of responsibilities
Cons: Store closed so the position was not permanent
I enjoyed this position as it always offered something new and exciting everyday. I learned a great deal through hands on experience and was able to witness many new things that furthered my experience in customer service, and in handling emergency situations.
On a typical day I could be making an arrest due to a theft, handling an emergency situation that involved First-Aid, watching surveillance cameras, attending to a customer service issue, or inflicting the Trespass to Property Act. My team of co-workers and management were all extremely helpful towards one another and worked together in order to complete all the tasks at hand. This position is one that required team-work in many scenarios, especially when our own safety was put at risk.
Good people to work with
Sales Associate - Men's Wear, Ladies Wear & MPT (Former Employee), Cobourg, ONMay 10, 2015
Pros: Employee Discounts, Positive environment
Cons: Harassing customers at cash to get Sears Mastercard - pressure selling
Need to be an interactive 'people person' to do this job.
Need some sense of good fashion - colours, patterns, sizes
Great employee discounts
FUN WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Department Manager/ Shop Owner (Former Employee), stoney creekMay 6, 2015
• Leading and coaching sales team in achieving daily/monthly and yearly sales goals.
• Managing day to day business operations including scheduling, maintaining and merchandising department to company standards, hosting morning meetings, promoting credit, observing and coaching team and creating task sheets for associates and holding them accountable
• Participate in company health and safety program- completing monthly area inspections and monthly safety talks

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more