Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,370 reviews matching the search
good place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBSeptember 25, 2016
good store, ok hours, not very busy, some sales associate are great other esp makeup counter unfriendly. Some Managers unfriendly. Recent dess code silly..
Pros
decent sales good discount
Cons
unfriendly coworkers, gossip
good workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 21, 2016
The team was friendly and the coworkers were nice, however it was only a Temporary position.

Warehouse was clean and organized
lacking management direction
Sales Consultant Home Furnishing Div. (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSSeptember 21, 2016
The work environment was mostly negative. A lot of employee complaining about the management being ineffective.
The staff was very concerned about the companies financial viability.
Pros
Nice products
Cons
Poor management structure.
great company to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2016
I learned to work in fast paced environment during busy season of sale (christmas sale). I dealt with confused, rude, difficult, nice, and very nice customers. I also handled difficult customers very politely and tried to resolve their problems very efficiently and if I couldn't then I contacted manager.
Pros
employee discount, nice work
Cons
ugly colleagues
great people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 18, 2016
I loved working here because got to interact with customers.
typical day is busy and I learned then about how to effectively be agreat sales associate. by being professional, reliable and paying attention to detail in order to prevent discrepencies.
Jaime L is my manager, she is the best
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NLSeptember 14, 2016
different than everywhere else
most of the staff are friendly and nice. we are thought and told to treat customers very well. managers are considerable and respectful
General operation
Sears Canada (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 10, 2016
Managing an online medical business I gained some of the valuable skills like an open mind, a willingness to do whatever is needed, and a positive attitude which would be an asset to me.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Salary
Nice Co-Worker's & Management Team.
Administration Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 9, 2016
I loved working as an Admin, the co-worker's were always happy or smiling, same goes for the management team. Always happy to help.
Improving communication skills at sears
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2016
As the first experience in Canada, I started to learn the "working culture" and improving my communication skills

I learned the best way of transferring daily/monthly tasks from General Manager to a team and getting excellent result

I did many store opening/closing which was great opportunity to feel as store manager with leading various managers and staff to achieve one target

Passing internal training to have better customer service and preparing a great place for shopping
Pros
Enough training
Cons
Company financial sitiuation
Vary busy everyday.
Sales and Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 7, 2016
I was in charge of the parts and service for Edmonton and area. I had to deal with 7 employees and over 2,000 parts not including the parts that were on hold or on order. Had to keep the place clean for the customers and a kind and friendly attitude towards the customers. As it was the parts and service most customers came in because something they bought from sears broke and it was part of my job to make sure that they got there parts ordered and deal with any complaint. There was normal at leas one angry person a day and it was part of my job to calm them down. was a vary stressful job around the holidays.
Pros
The customers wer great
Cons
Some times it took a long time to get parts for the customers
Great coworkers and understanding departmental managers
Jewellery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONSeptember 7, 2016
I worked with great coworkers and management was very understanding. We had strict goals that involved signing customers up for the Sears Credit Card and Sears Mastercard. Sales goals were celebrated and praised across the store.

Our manager was very understanding and sympathetic.
Pros
Good atmosphere among coworkers
Cons
Often work alone
I enjoy my job.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Haliburton, ONSeptember 6, 2016
Working at sears is a joy! i enjoy selling things and bringing in customers. I go to work with a smile on my face and enjoy the day i have.
My bosses are very understandable and reasonable people and i enjoy working with them!
Pros
reasonable bosses
Great place to work.
Merchandiser/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ONSeptember 4, 2016
Great place to work. Mainly on my own. Manager and salesmen were usually on calls. There were super to work for. Met a lot of new people as we had storage facilities too and many came in to check on their items or pay bill.
Excellent
Inventory/Sales Associate/Visual Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2016
Excellent Staff!
Treats employees well
Everyone worked as a team
AWSOME ENVIRONMENT!
Good location
Management made working enjoyable
Always rewarded employees for there hard work
Pros
N/A
Cons
Great hours
sears
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 2, 2016
i am a Customer Service representative at sears.
i work on the Sale floor as well as chashier
i help customers as well with online Order and Pickups.
Pros
fun
Cons
benifits
Fun place
Cashier / Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONSeptember 2, 2016
Employees were very nice and friendly. Management was tough and I wish there would be more lenient on breaks and vacation also hours. Overall I had a fun time working in sears
was fun
Photographer / Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2016
loved have that job was the most fun, but not the best could have use better direction and and better organization in hours and time and place. but loved the manager i had.
A stable place to work
Manager of Major Appliances (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2016
Each day you come into the store, you pretty much know what to expect. The day is usually slow but at good sales times it can be great. The staff are together for the most part,
Pros
Good room for growth
Cons
Low Pay
Productive and great work environment
IT Support Specialist, (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 30, 2016
• Procure and setup new desktops/laptops; perform problem diagnosis on desktop/laptop issues and execute fixes to ensure that desktops and laptops are operating correctly
• Management is focused on operations of the organization's IT environment, including servers, network equipment, and phones
• Co-workers are great team players
• Hardest part of the job was pager support
• The most enjoyable part of the job was troubleshooting resolving an issue or completing a project
Pros
Variety of Cafeterias
Cons
For temporary it is a good place to work at.
Cashier/ Sales Associate - Full time employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2016
Sears Canada, is a good place to work at. Customers are friendly and the coworkers are more friendly. The hardest part of the job was when there were no people and we were bored. The enjoyable part was working together as a team. After all I learned a lot of customer service skills from Sears.
Pros
Lunch breaks were pretty long.
Cons
Sometimes get boring.

2.9