Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,092 reviews matching the search
Sears was fun to work at because there is so many employees to help you out when you need it.
Footwear Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABApril 19, 2016
Every day i worked was making sure the floor was clean, tasks were done, and customers where helped. The management at sears was absolutely amazing, they were honestly the nicest people i have ever met. The co-workers worked well with each other and got along really well. The hardest part of the job was when the shoes went on clearance and we had to take them out of the box and arrange them on the tables how the head office told us to do so. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with all the customers and making sure they are happy with the service i was giving them.
steady paced and fun
SALES ASSOCIATE - shoe department (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONMay 9, 2016
- A typical day was spent on my feet, talking with customers and giving footwear advise.

- I learned that i can carry 6 boxes of shoes at once, and also enhanced my multitasking skills.

- Management was great, they were always there to help when thet were needed the most.

- My co-workers made the job fantastic, they were nice and helpful.

- The hardest part of my job was when the department got very busy and i was the only one around.

- I enjoyed being able to talk to people all day and being able to help people.
Pros
Great staff, great management.
Cons
slow periods were VERY slow
Great People to work for and with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 18, 2016
I interacted with every customer and helped them to the best of my ability to find what they were looking for.
I learned their Point of Sale system and different Sears programs.
My boss treated me with the utmost respect as did the other managers.
My co-workers were a pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of the job was selling rapid credits to customers(Sears MasterCard).
I loved my customers and enjoyed working with the public.
A learning experience with customer service
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 19, 2016
This was my first job involving customer service and I learned a lot in the 5 years I've worked their. I enjoyed interacting with customers and helping them with what they needed. The only difficult part of the job was dealing with irate customers who refused to listen to the reasoning I gave them. I worked with a very friendly staff but at times I did feel like management was lackluster.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
management
Friendly environment and good team work
Specialist sales Person and Customer service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCApril 7, 2016
Sears is an old well organized company with a many different type of employees from student to the elderly people. every day was a new experience for me, the hardest and most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the customer and management occasionally congrats me for the way I treated customers.I learned how to deal with customers and co-workers in a big group and learned how can I be a team player.
Pros
it was a friendly environment and at the same time we had to make the sales.
Cons
it wasn't really in my field of studying.
Seasonal position
SALES ASSOCIATE-MEN'S WEAR (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ONApril 4, 2016
A great team of hard working people that unfortunately was only a seasonal position. I enjoyed praise from management, co workers and customers.
The most difficult aspect was working with no training on cash or product knowledge.
It was enjoyable to go to work every day with self confidence in being able to give the correct information to customers and having them leave with a smile.
I learned that I am a quick learner and still very well suited to customer service.
Pros
Lovely customers and new challenges each day.
Cons
Having to teach myself the computer system and product knowledge
Great company but they hurt their own business.
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 5, 2016
Awesome co-workers and management team.
The hardest part of the job was the constant changes of the schedule
as well as the constant changes in district managers made it frustrating.
Extreme pressure to be very similar to another company.
Compromising time for quality.
The most enjoyable part was enjoying the job by taking photos and working with amazing staff definitely helped.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Shorter hours, too many changes
A very productive and a friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 29, 2016
Throughout my years as a Customer Service Representative at Sears I have gained a lot of interpersonal skills and a clear knowledge on customer care. Sears has given me the opportunity to build positive relationships with my co-workers and the management team. Overall, It has been a rewarding experience in which I take much pride in. I hope to enhance my extensive skills and be a great asset to my future employers.
Poorly Managed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 18, 2016
Sears' official policy is firmly entrenched in the past. Managers are poorly paid and it is evident they could not be successful elsewhere. The company's official stance is that anyone can be trained for any job which completely disregards the inherent attributes of all people. The term Human Resource is wasted here.
Cons
No Reall recognition for doing a job properly. Competence is not a requirement
Great Company with a strong Heritage of 60+yrs Retailing
Sr Merchandise Planner (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 4, 2016
Lot of challenges in running day to day business which helps a retail professional to learn on day to day basis, on facing and sailing through the challenges thrown in front of you .
Great colleagues with strong experience to learn from .
Sometimes it can be chaotic but that's expected from a company which is trying to reinvent it self with a strong 60+yrs of retailing heritage .
Good Product knowledge sharing, good public relations experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ONMarch 16, 2016
Opening, serve customers, get parcels, process credit card payments, money transactions, balance books, welcome customers, share knowledge of products to make suitable decision of purchase, do bank deposit. If cash was out trying to find out why. Seeing happy customers that appreciate you taking the time to assist them.
Pros
Work schedule suited lifestyle, first retail experience.
Cons
No advancement worked both sides, heavy lifting, no benefits
The job is seasonal and hours were cut or given when they needed you
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMarch 16, 2016
My job was customer service as a cashier. I had to learn how to deal with complaints and if they couldn't' be resolved ask for a manager. Most people were helpful and my direct manager was wonderful to work for. I left due to hours being cut and I loved helping the customers and interacting with them.
Pros
Loved the customer service end of the job and my co workers
Cons
Not enough hours to live on.
Normal workplace with normal people
Merchandise Presentation Team, Furniture Team (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 11, 2016
Some days would just be a handful of us unpacking and assembling reclining chairs, tables, and couches. The occasional wrapping of something to send downstairs for a customer to pick-up. Other days we were moving heavy fixtures and organizing them so they could be picked up by whoever purchased them after the store closed. So it was easy one day and tiring another.

Management was good. They worked with us when there was a lot to be done and gave extended breaks on several occasions. Co-workers were in a variety of age groups with various personalities. I ended up working with other men close to my age due to the nature of the work. Had one lazy guy with us but the others were reliable and amiable.
Pros
Fair management
Cons
Disorganization
Productive And Fun Experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 8, 2016
Communication is well with al the staff. Assisted customers with their cash transactions as well as debit, credit card and gift cards. Management was very responsible and communication with employees were spot on. Co workers were all kind and easy to have communication with. No hard part at work everything was up to speed and easy to complete/ Enjoyable part of work was working with all of my co workers and managers.
Pros
Good hours. Excellent communication
Alright for people who enjoy comission work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSMarch 2, 2016
To work successfully at Sears you need to sell a certain amount of their credit cards and most people shopping their already have one so its usually a miss. If you aren't a pushy sales person this job isn't for you. I liked the staff for the most part and management was okay. I was hired in a group with 3 other people and I believe we all were let go for not selling enough cards.
Pros
long breaks, good location, quiet setting
Cons
unfriendly people, stressful
Un travail plaisant.
Manutentionnaire (Former Employee) –  Laval, QCFebruary 25, 2016
Le personnel est très chaleureux, le travail est partagé avec précision, c'est-à-dire que la quantité de travail à accomplir durant un quart de travail n'est jamais excédante à la capacité moyenne des employés.

Une organisation intacte, dès le début du quart, le travail est enclenché et ce jusqu'à la dernière minute, sans excès.
Pros
Belle ambiance sans contraintes.
Cons
Le poids de la marchandise qui pouvait s'avérer plus ou moins lourd.
Excellent working Invironment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 2, 2016
It has been excellent experience working at Sears Stores for the last more than one and half year Excellent working environment &, excellent and supporting team members,very caring and supporting management.Very enjoyable and encouraging customer interaction while dealing with the customer resulting into building long term customer relationship
Fun position, great co-workers, horrible boss !
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 20, 2016
I would dispatch 10 trucks throughout Vancouver Island to specific homes at specific times... routing each guy with their route, parts, timing and syncing them so that their days were fluid.

My boss was new and made and broke promises daily. Was very rude to some, and showed huge favortism to others.

I loved the job, but ended up hated going to work into what felt like elementary school games.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Manager from heck!
Worst job I have ever had
Sales (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ONFebruary 19, 2016
from day one you can tell it's a sinking ship. Badly behaved co workers and management. Toxic environment. One sales person called another's wife ugly, whose response was to pull a knife and threaten to kill him. They both kept heir jobs. I was almost on a fist fight over $0.30 Commission I accidentally stole. It was the second incidence of violence that my co worker had been invoked in, they still kept their job. They need to be gone from the Canadian busness landscape, terrible company.
This was a fun and interactive place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 17, 2016
A typical day at working here was booking appointments, or talking photos of clients and their families. I learned a lot about interacting with customers, and how to pose people for shots. I found the hardest part of the job was trying to get some of the younger kids to smile for the photo.
Pros
Getting to work with kids
Cons
Long periods of no work