Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,133 reviews matching the search
Dock Agent
Dock Pick associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJuly 25, 2016
Receiving and loading merchandise. Doing Inventory and reporting to the management.Great team work, enjoyed every moment working there. Will recommend.
A good place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJuly 22, 2016
A typical day is filling customers orders and then doing returns. I have learned how to work with my co workers. Its fun to learn new jobs and to be able to work in different departments. I like the early start times
Great Job for the Right Person
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2016
Have worked for the company for a long time, and sometimes feel like I care more about the job and the customers then the managers in the company do.

Other than that, it is commission based and if you are willing to put in the time and effort to grow your own business, you can do well for income. if you are not good with people, you will struggle.
aweful, I would not work here agin
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJuly 19, 2016
stressful with little to no beneficial side. management not supportive, very pushy about their sears cards and will cut your hours depending on if you signed enough people up for them.
An easy to learn job
Sales Associate in Bed & Bath (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 18, 2016
I worked in the house wears and bed and bath department. Basically I'd just help any customers with any questions, help them find what they wanted, and made sure everything on the shelf was tidy and presented well.
I learned about the products I was selling and how gift registries worked.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with products that I thought were pretty, and my co-workers made it a fun job.
Sear dept store.
Category Manager, Ladies sleep wear, hosiery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2016
Many changes in strategy and management makes execution challenging. Employees are hard working and supportive within their teams.
Productive and Fun
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 12, 2016
Each day had different tasks to complete. Overall was a great job, and did not dread going into work everyday. Most of the time there was jobs to complete which made the day go by faster.
Pros
Free lunches, caring staff
Needs Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJuly 10, 2016
Management Team, worked cohesively together. Definitive and consistent direction/communication with the GM at that time was lacking. Employee survey of satisfaction for whole store 43% out of 100%.
Pros
Management and Staff worked well together for the most part
Cons
GM was inconsistent with expectations, unprofessional with approach in addressing areas of opportunity.
Productive and busy place to work in
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 7, 2016
Usually the shift starts at 5am in the morning, and begins with 3 people. One of them including me, the two co-workers with me are kind and cooperative, hard working as well that uses time efficiently and effectively. Hardest part of the job is making it on time to finish the delivered skids to us in a set amount of time, but the most enjoyable part of the job is when everything gets done on time. You sense the feeling of accomplishment after such a busy morning.
Pros
flexible shifts, can socialize a bit, kind managers, cool co-workers, hours given when asked
Cons
small space to move around, equipment won't work at times, unorganized workplace
Good place to work but the future is uncertain with lack of sales and lack of capital to make company profit again
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 6, 2016
In the building services enviroment it is fast paced and priorities change daily. To support this department I have acquired the skills of several software systems which I used daily. Difficult part of the job is satisfied internal customers. I enjoy the team I work with.
Pros
Free lunch several time of the year. Christmas party for kids.
Sears is a great first job for a student
Hardware Associate & Electronics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONJuly 5, 2016
I stocked shelves, inventoried, Sold merchandise and supported the manager in the department, but the main thing is Customer Service
Do not work here
❸ Lancôme Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 1, 2016
Worst experience i've ever had working for a company. Experienced nothing but harrassment and abuse from management and coworkers.
cared
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCJune 29, 2016
Sears was caring about its customers but it was also out of touch with what the public wanted to buy. After they were bought out by an American company it just got worse
Hardware Fitness and seasonal department
CAWP (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 28, 2016
While a good place to work for, there is not a whole lot of available hours. There is a lot of heavy lifting in the CAWP department, though co-workers tend to be excellent. Most management will work with you for your needs.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKJune 26, 2016
Sears Canada is a nice place to work for, staff is nice management is spectacular flexible schedule but not enough hours.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 22, 2016
A typical day consists of helping customers on the floor, cleaning the tables and making sure everything is hung accordingly as well as assisting customers in the fitting room. I learned about attention to detail from working at sears. There was an amicable comradery between managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not being able to find what the customer wants in store whereas the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to brighten their day.
productive,keeping busy,fun co-workers
Customer and technician services (Former Employee) –  islington ave nJune 21, 2016
typical day is busy with good results.

learned to be active,serious,honest,happy,with good results

manage with respect,example,focus.

co-workers are important,help them,respect them,don't interfere in
their personnel life.

hardest part of the job is picky,erregante customer,trouble maker.

enjoyable part helping and interacting with customer,getting them
what they looking for.
Pros
achieving
Cons
untrained leads
Good Product knowledge sharing, good public relations experience
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2016
- In the business of retail, change is a daily occurrence.
- New programs are implemented, along with new policies.
- Being adaptable is key.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
- The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Long hours, too much travel
Fun and open company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 16, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with this company I have grown very close with my manger and coworkers. I feel part of a team going into work and know that I have the support of everyone in all my tasks. I have learned many new skills.
gymn on site
Catalogue Sales (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 16, 2016
copy was thinking about employees health , had a gym on site with low monthly fee. Good benefits , great co-workers

2.9