Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,583 reviews matching the search
work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 April 2017
I didn't like working there. the customers always complained about the sizes and how they got smaller. I ended up doing the work for others when clothes needed to be folded. Employees consisted of people from India so they were not nice people to work with
Comfort Zone
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON27 April 2017
High safety and cooperating management. When I look from my perspective I believe that each day was perfect and fine until today at sears.No comments. Feels like each day was designed just for me.
Pros
Best Management
Cons
Less Hours
Organized review system.
FRAGRANCE ADVISER (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 April 2017
Having come from retail stores that didn't post sales Sears was a refreshing change of pace with their print out of sales and occasional employee reviews. This helped with setting goals for sales and personal improvement. As well their introductory store training was definitely a step up from most retail companies.
Simple Professional Workplace
Part time (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL25 April 2017
Sears is a well-established employer with good benefits and training for their employees. Although I am sure my experience cannot speak for all outlets, the staff I worked with were friendly and helpful.
Average place to work
Full Line Sales Manager A and A (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON25 April 2017
A typical days work is fun- customer service if you are in it for that is very satisfying -adapting to new practices verses old practices have been challenging to get previous staff to comply but once its accomplished its good
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
pay is not so good
Department Stores are Overwhelming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
Three day shift periods and extremely overwhelming is someone does not show up on time for their shift. Could not leave until they did. Did not really learn anything because I was seasonal and treated me as such. Workplace culture was cold and not really cultured. Everyone did their job and stayed to themselves most of the day.
Pros
Long Lunch breaks
Cons
Department clean up
Enjoyable enough place to work but very inconsistent
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 April 2017
This job has been been fun for the last three years, but since the company has been having issues financially, they have been making a lot of changes very fast and everything is very inconsistent. There is not a lot of direction and associates are asked to things that they have either no idea how to do or are unrelated to their position. I love being a team player, but Sears tends to cross the line in that respect.
growing professional job opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB20 April 2017
There was always something new to learn in a friendly work environment. there is always the opportunity to claim up to a better job position.

I like to work here except for the payment, I'm not afraid to work hard, but is important that my work is appreciated and my effort has a fear remuneration.
Very friendly staff
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC20 April 2017
Comfortable work atmosphere , very friendly staff and administration , everyone from the older agents​is there to give a hand if needed .
Very nice team to work with.
Hours very unstable
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 April 2017
One week I would get 8 hours, the next I would get 20. It would vary like that. Also minimal job stability. Their policy is "always hiring always firing." Good if you want to get a job quick, not good if you want to keep that job.
A good company
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2017
I was treated with respect and there was a lot of communication between the employers and the employees to make sure everyone was satisfied with their position.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not much pay for the labour
An okay temporary place to work
Sales Associate and Cashier (PT) (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC19 April 2017
a typical discriminating and corrupt retail environment

adds on TV will claim to provide excellent customer services with exceeding expectations and all that rubbish and then they have minimum wagers on the front dodging spit shots from angry customers

in order to become a "manager", you probably have to work for 3/4 decades and then they might think and if company is in turmoil (which it is), you will be excused without the blink of an eye

sure join sears if you need money to survive but never dream of developing a career with this sinking ship
Pros
Will reveal some bitter truth that you dont see on TV
Cons
corrupt!
Busy workplace
Customer Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 April 2017
Sears was a great place to work for. Leads were very cooperative and helpful. Nice and friendly environment to work in especially the kids department.
Horrible Commission Rates
Major Appliances Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 April 2017
During my interview I was told that I had the potential to be making 18$ an hour. Because of the poor commission rates I am making 12 dollars (base pay) with no commission because the commission goes towards paying off your hourly wage. On a 4700 dollar sale I made with no adjustments or exceptions for the customer I made under 200 dollars.
Pros
Some of the staff are fun to work with
Cons
Long periods, sometimes days without making any sales due to lack of customers
Customer Service Oriented
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON17 April 2017
Great atmosphere for dealing with customers, and a fantastic learning environment. At times, physical labour intensive, which was great for me. I enjoyed this job, and the employees I worked with, and the owners I worked for.
Productive place
Pickering, sales (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 April 2017
Overall working at sears you learn how to work in a very quick paced environment and how to lead and handle different task in a respectful environment.
Ok place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 April 2017
Wasn't the best place. Manager wasn't often on site. Training wasn't provided the way it should have been, a lot of drama with other employees. Unrealistic hours
Sears was interesting and different.
Lancome Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 April 2017
I worked for Sears for about two years and I really felt that there was too much put on the cosmetic team. I loved working at Lancôme and did not like having to work in every other department.
Fun, accepting place
Divert Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 April 2017
As a divert worker at sears there was a lot of folding paper, and door greeting. there was always something to do, and I always had fun. Managers here awesome, and always there for yoy.
Very big company, they have no idea who you are
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 April 2017
I started out my retail career here and the managers had no idea who I was. When I left they were in the beginning of changing things, like providing more training. Hopefully improving.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9