Sears

Sears Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 23, 2014
Pros: good hours
Cons: low pay
enjoyed helping customers, every day was different
one day i would open and it would start slow then pick up later on,
other days i would close.
good
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 21, 2014
co- workers were good and the work load was also not too much to handle.
Mid market iconic family department store.
Divisional Vice-President (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 19, 2014
Pros: organizational talent. advanced systems and processes.
Cons: bureaucracy. work / life balance. no defined strategy.
Great company to work at in order to learn retail and financial skills. The last 2 years of my time at Sears were spent on projects and cost cutting initiatives which ultimately prepared me for roles where profit needs to be optimized.
Great Experience, Flexible Hours, and a Great Team.
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONNovember 18, 2014
If your in school or just looking to start your law enforcement career, this job is perfect for accommodating your schedule. You are working with police and other security teams to help assist you and them for investigations. You are going to need to be able to work alone and be ready at an instant. Overall great experience with the company.
Good place to start
Mobile Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 17, 2014
I started with this company at the age of 18. Started as general labour unloading trucks. Was able to move into operating mobile equipment and was trained on forklifts and order pickers. After 8 years in this environment I felt I was as far as I could go and not many opportunities to advance where available.
Merchandise Presentation Team
Merchandise Presentation Team (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 16, 2014
Pros: challenging, fun, social
Cons: lack of communication, poor training
A typical day at work involved creating product displays during liquidation at one of the corporation's key locations. I learned how to work under pressure to perform basic tasks such as folding clothing and assisting customers. Management was strict and pressured to ensure that employees performed, but lacked communication with employees. I was trained – more... under another employee without supervision and was not taught all fundamental aspects of the job. The hardest part of the job was being on my feet for over 8 hours a day. The most enjoyable part was seeing the difference I was making in the store each day. – less
Horrible atmosphere
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Sarnia, ONNovember 16, 2014
My job itself is wonderful. I love interacting with the customers and my immediate coworkers are fabulous. Management is a joke though. All they care about is how many rapid credits you open up. They really have no clue. There is no room for advancement at all. Sears says hey like to promote from within, but they would rather hire outside help with – more... no experience. – less
Fun workplace
Customer Service Desk (Current Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 11, 2014
I enjoy my workplace and I am happy working with co- workers.
It's fun to work with them as well my managers too.
The challenging part of the job is customer complaints but there's always a solution for it.
Office work
Catalogue Associate - Part Time (Former Employee), Burlington, ONNovember 7, 2014
Working with salesmen to accomplish daily sales. It could be stressful meeting so many dead lines, but mulit-tasking and prioritizing you are able to accomplish all that is required to get done for that day.
enjoy interacting with people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABNovember 5, 2014
Reliable and Punctual , Approachable, Flexible, excellent multi-tasker
Great place to work but job security is lacking
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 3, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn
Cons: job security
Very caring and dedicated co-workers but wages were frozen and no advancement.
positive atmosphere
Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee), Fredericton, NBNovember 2, 2014
Competitive Salary
Good Benefits
Good Balance between home life and career
A Great Investigative Enviroment
Crime Analyst (Current Employee), OnatrioOctober 31, 2014
Pros: great to work for!
Cons: pay can be better....
If you are seeking a future in Law Enforcement, Sears will open the doors for you to learn how to be an all round Investigator. The types of training and exposure to the Investigative field is not available at other companies.
Productive and Fun! Great Balance between Work and Life!
CRIME ANALYST - ORGANIZED RETAIL CRIME (Former Employee), Vancouver BCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: filled a passion
Spent 15 years with Sears and enjoyed my involvement within this Corporation.
Could be better
Marketing (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2014
- good work life balance
- no expectations at this point in time
- no opportunity for advancement or learning
- just expected to do more work as people keep leaving
- no idea where the company is going and senior management keeps changing
- good opportunity to take on new opportunities as long as you initiate the desire to do so. Don't expect much in – more... return though.
- Learn new skills and get out
- Great location! – less
Productive and fast paced workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 29, 2014
Pros: meeting and helping new people every day
Cons: sears is undergoing a drop in market share and customer confidence
As a Sears Sales Associate, I have a passion for customer service and thrive in a fast-paced environment. I am a team oriented individual who enjoys working with others to accomplish both common and personal goals.

I enjoy assisting customers with their purchases through relationship selling. My ability to quickly establish rapport with others complements – more... the desire to thrive in this commission sales environment. – less
good company
Computer Support Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2014
Good company and perfect management team. Very nice location as well
Learned a wide variety of things and met great people
manager and sales associate (Former Employee), Victoria B.C.October 27, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and staff
Cons: to much managment not leading properly
A typical day at work was helping staff reach sales goals, delegating tasks and helping the team work together to fulfill any requirements needed. Customer relations and problem solving. Listening to customers and making sure they are left feeling good about the company and there experience. I learned a lot about many products. Management sometimes – more... struggled with being present when needed but it just made me learn how to resolve more issues on my own. The hardest part of the job was helping people who just wanted to complain and not come to a resolution. The most enjoyable part of my job was working for my staff to make a smooth running happy work environment. – less
Sears is one of the largest retail in North America
Cashier (Former Employee), MississaugaOctober 22, 2014
I liked working at Sears because of my manager which she became my best friend. She thought me lots of new things that I never did them before.
Started off okay...
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONOctober 20, 2014
Management was way off, schedule was never done in advance, couldn't plan anything for family/friends and after Christmas, only got 4 hours per week or work! Definitely was not worth the time, gas or money...

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more