Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,133 reviews matching the search
Productive and busy place to work in
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 7, 2016
Usually the shift starts at 5am in the morning, and begins with 3 people. One of them including me, the two co-workers with me are kind and cooperative, hard working as well that uses time efficiently and effectively. Hardest part of the job is making it on time to finish the delivered skids to us in a set amount of time, but the most enjoyable part of the job is when everything gets done on time. You sense the feeling of accomplishment after such a busy morning.
Pros
flexible shifts, can socialize a bit, kind managers, cool co-workers, hours given when asked
Cons
small space to move around, equipment won't work at times, unorganized workplace
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 22, 2016
A typical day consists of helping customers on the floor, cleaning the tables and making sure everything is hung accordingly as well as assisting customers in the fitting room. I learned about attention to detail from working at sears. There was an amicable comradery between managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not being able to find what the customer wants in store whereas the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to brighten their day.
productive,keeping busy,fun co-workers
Customer and technician services (Former Employee) –  islington ave nJune 21, 2016
typical day is busy with good results.

learned to be active,serious,honest,happy,with good results

manage with respect,example,focus.

co-workers are important,help them,respect them,don't interfere in
their personnel life.

hardest part of the job is picky,erregante customer,trouble maker.

enjoyable part helping and interacting with customer,getting them
what they looking for.
Pros
achieving
Cons
untrained leads
Good place to work but the future is uncertain with lack of sales and lack of capital to make company profit again
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 6, 2016
In the building services enviroment it is fast paced and priorities change daily. To support this department I have acquired the skills of several software systems which I used daily. Difficult part of the job is satisfied internal customers. I enjoy the team I work with.
Pros
Free lunch several time of the year. Christmas party for kids.
working at sears was satisfactory
Cashier/ Retail Sales Representive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
On given days, during the early hours you will fine me speaking to people, finding out proactively what there priorities are for the week, making sure the task at hand is done. My co-workers where team players they make sure the task is always done and on time. The hardest part of the job was when costumers come for a certian product and we didnt have the product. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing costumers happy an my co-workers.
Pros
Cons
cut hours
fun workplace and flexible shifts, management very co-operative
beauty Advisor, counter-manager (Former Employee) –  Sears BramaleaJune 7, 2016
Day starts with a daily morning meeting reconizing top performances and met sales targets. Once the store opens, everyone comes out from behind the counters to greet customers. Co-workers are very supportive and co-operative. Hardest part of the job is when its not busy and you've got big targets to meet. However everyone helps one another without being too focused on their own counter or commission. When there's a customer that needs help, anyone available helps. The part I love the most about this job is meeting new people everyday and doing makeup on customers.
Fast paced. Every day you learned something new.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONJune 5, 2016
Everyday started with scanning/checking customer orders. Learned a lot about appliances and different products. Worked directly with the owners. We had an awesome team that got along very well.The hardest part of the job was unhappy customers. i would assist them in resolving issues. The best part of the job was being in a great work environment. i enjoyed meeting new people and being able to help them.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
The store closed
An easy to learn job
Sales Associate in Bed & Bath (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 18, 2016
I worked in the house wears and bed and bath department. Basically I'd just help any customers with any questions, help them find what they wanted, and made sure everything on the shelf was tidy and presented well.
I learned about the products I was selling and how gift registries worked.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with products that I thought were pretty, and my co-workers made it a fun job.
Would still be working there if Sears had not closed
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 13, 2016
My time at Sears was overall a good experience. I enjoyed how all the employees got along and interacted with one another. There was always help if there was a question to be asked. And fair with schedules. The Management was great and got involved with the store and involved the employees with ideas relating to the Store.
Pros
Free lunches, Relaxed environment
Cons
When it wasn't busy
Retail Environment
Business Development Lead (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMay 25, 2016
I managed the staff in Major Appliances, Furniture and Home Entertainment areas. The biggest part of the job was to make sure my staff was happy and needed everything to do their jobs. I always tried to take into account things that were going in their lives when i scheduled their hours.

Learned to deal with employee issues and customer issues.

Hardest part of the job was never knowing what hours you were going to work.Also for me was having to sell merchandise.

I enjoyed the challenges that every day brought.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Evening and weekend shifts
Good place, Good people
Outbound Call Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 13, 2016
Like I wrote above, the job was cold-calling people and selling guarantees on their sears appliances, and despite that it was an enjoyable job because of the people who worked there and the amenities they had in the offices.
Pros
Good cafeteria, fun people to work with, good management, good pay
Cons
trying to sell guarantees on some appliances that cost as much as the guarantee.
Poorly Managed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONMay 18, 2016
Sears' official policy is firmly entrenched in the past. Managers are poorly paid and it is evident they could not be successful elsewhere. The company's official stance is that anyone can be trained for any job which completely disregards the inherent attributes of all people. The term Human Resource is wasted here.
Cons
No Reall recognition for doing a job properly. Competence is not a requirement
steady paced and fun
SALES ASSOCIATE - shoe department (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ONMay 9, 2016
- A typical day was spent on my feet, talking with customers and giving footwear advise.

- I learned that i can carry 6 boxes of shoes at once, and also enhanced my multitasking skills.

- Management was great, they were always there to help when thet were needed the most.

- My co-workers made the job fantastic, they were nice and helpful.

- The hardest part of my job was when the department got very busy and i was the only one around.

- I enjoyed being able to talk to people all day and being able to help people.
Pros
Great staff, great management.
Cons
slow periods were VERY slow
Normal workplace with normal people
Merchandise Presentation Team, Furniture Team (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 11, 2016
Some days would just be a handful of us unpacking and assembling reclining chairs, tables, and couches. The occasional wrapping of something to send downstairs for a customer to pick-up. Other days we were moving heavy fixtures and organizing them so they could be picked up by whoever purchased them after the store closed. So it was easy one day and tiring another.

Management was good. They worked with us when there was a lot to be done and gave extended breaks on several occasions. Co-workers were in a variety of age groups with various personalities. I ended up working with other men close to my age due to the nature of the work. Had one lazy guy with us but the others were reliable and amiable.
Pros
Fair management
Cons
Disorganization
Good Product knowledge sharing, good public relations experience
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2016
- In the business of retail, change is a daily occurrence.
- New programs are implemented, along with new policies.
- Being adaptable is key.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
- The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Long hours, too much travel
Truck Day
Customer Service Representative/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ONJune 8, 2016
Truck would come in on Tuesday and Thursday and usually around 3-3:30pm. Once the truck would arrive, I would scan and unload customer or catalogue orders and place them in the customer pick up area. Depending on how many orders were loaded, a typical time frame would be and hour to hour and a half. The worst part of unloading customer orders would be all the major appliances or fitness due to the weight. During that time, customers would come in a pick up their items from past trailers or i would have to go pick up an item from the sales floor. Once that is complete, i would match the correct tag to the customers receipt, file and then contact the customers letting them know that their items have arrived and ready for pickup. Later on i would go and help the rest of the tem unload the rest of the trailer.
Sears was fun to work at because there is so many employees to help you out when you need it.
Footwear Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABApril 19, 2016
Every day i worked was making sure the floor was clean, tasks were done, and customers where helped. The management at sears was absolutely amazing, they were honestly the nicest people i have ever met. The co-workers worked well with each other and got along really well. The hardest part of the job was when the shoes went on clearance and we had to take them out of the box and arrange them on the tables how the head office told us to do so. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with all the customers and making sure they are happy with the service i was giving them.
A learning experience with customer service
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONApril 19, 2016
This was my first job involving customer service and I learned a lot in the 5 years I've worked their. I enjoyed interacting with customers and helping them with what they needed. The only difficult part of the job was dealing with irate customers who refused to listen to the reasoning I gave them. I worked with a very friendly staff but at times I did feel like management was lackluster.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
management
Great People to work for and with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ONApril 18, 2016
I interacted with every customer and helped them to the best of my ability to find what they were looking for.
I learned their Point of Sale system and different Sears programs.
My boss treated me with the utmost respect as did the other managers.
My co-workers were a pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of the job was selling rapid credits to customers(Sears MasterCard).
I loved my customers and enjoyed working with the public.
Needs Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJuly 10, 2016
Management Team, worked cohesively together. Definitive and consistent direction/communication with the GM at that time was lacking. Employee survey of satisfaction for whole store 43% out of 100%.
Pros
Management and Staff worked well together for the most part
Cons
GM was inconsistent with expectations, unprofessional with approach in addressing areas of opportunity.

2.9