Sears
9,336 reviews

Sears Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Highly productive, energetic and eager to win and learn
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 30, 2015
Interaction with customer and understanding their needs this is what i like to do.

I am on top of sales. I have excellent communication and customer service skills.
I have been in sales industry more than 10 years.
great incentives to keep the employees motivated
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: friendly people. nice atmosphere
Cons: not enough benefits
I really enjoyed working at Sears Canada. I met great people and worked with great people as well. They gave me the freedom to express my skills as a merchandising with confidence.
fun workplace
data entry collections (Former Employee), ottawa, ontMarch 27, 2015
the hardest part of working there was hearing people tell me that they couldn't afford to eat, much less pay their bill. i would go back if they needed me
Fun and challenging job
Commission Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCMarch 25, 2015
Enjoyable place to work with lots of fun people. The best part of the job is working with customers and helping them purchase what they want and need.
Gained Valuable Canadian work experience
Merchandise Presentation Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: co-operative supervisor
Cons: seasonal job
This job has been good to me, and I love most everyone I work with. The supervisors are cooperative, fair and very accommodating as far as the schedule goes and when I have needed time off for personal issues and ensure that we work efficiently at the front. Coworkers are helpful and always there for me when I need it. HR is too very good and helpful. I have been able to improve my customer service skills, my communication skills, and my teamwork skills as this was my first job in Canada. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to help people all day and talk with them about their needs and experience in the store.
workplace
Allocation and Replenishment Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto ONMarch 23, 2015
Nice people to work with but the pay is horrible. They do not give rasies at all and if they do it very small. For what you do you do not get paid at all for it. Only the big boys get rasies all the time and make great money.
good experience
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 22, 2015
I worked in sears for 3 month as a seasonal job and I learned team working and better customer services. My coworkers were friendly.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Desk Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good employees
Cons: not much on benefits
Good co-workers and manager
Tough on sales, need to meet the daily goals
Many people to deal with everyday
The company does not have much benefits for employees
Fashion
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bathurst, NBMarch 19, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: credit cards
Retail customer service and getting customers to open new credit cards account or upgrade to a new one.

I learned how to become better at my jobs for the future. Management was really good and the co-workers too. The most enjoyable of this job was getting to meet new people.
Respect company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), ScarboroughMarch 18, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: some long time hours
Reviewing payroll, on computerize system. How to deal with problems. Didn't have any problems with the management team, always had my back. Making sure you meet deadlines. The people that you are working with.
Staff is great Co Workers Become Family
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great staff on the sales floor
Cons: long hours pay isn't great
The only positive thing about Sears is the staff on the floor and some Managers. As a F/T Associate or Manager you are expected to work long hours with no O/T Pay and there is too much work expected for too little staff.
I learned that the company has very misguided ideas about their priorities and they don't focus on what customers are telling them in feedback.
A great place to work learn and grow
loss Prevention Lead (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: associate engagment
Cons: long hours sometimes in my line of work
A typical day at ears is energizing, fun, stressful but well worth it. You leave at the end of the day knowing you have accomplished something and learned at least 1 new thing.
Sears is a close knit family and you have to work hard to be a part of it. It is well worth it in the end.
horrible horrible workplace.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: horrible emplyees and management
After being hospitalized for being struck by a car in the winter, i had to take some time off work due to back pain and a serious concussion. The managers mocked me in front of other coworkers, and claimed to not believe me. After returning to work a few days later, a costumer got upset over a sale and struck me with merchandise. Being concussed, I was very upset and in pain, and management did NOTHING. I asked to leave early, because I was very stressed out after being struck in the face with a boot by an angry woman, and they said no. All around, horrible place to work.
high energy work place
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMarch 1, 2015
Pros: customer service
Cons: job insecurity
Call Centre jobs of late are not very secure. This company appeared to be secure and a good company to work for as it was not a third party or outsource. They were understanding and family friendly. It's just unfortunate that we were unable to keep the employees on Canadian soil.
Good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Burlington, ONMarch 1, 2015
Regular day job, good group of employees. Management was mostly nice, not much room for growth. Its a good position for people who enjoy being around people and handling fast paced work.
Negative work environment. Unrealistic expectations.
Product Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioMarch 1, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: negative culture
My time with Sears Canada was a very negative one. The company culture was oppressive and expectations from Senior Management were unrealistic.
Challenging and supportive work environment
Performance Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: supportive colleagues
Cons: long hours
Challenging and supportive work environment. Long work hours and including travel time, the average day is 12 hours long.
Too much pressure for Rapid Credits!
Floor Staff (Current Employee), VICTORIA BCFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: sears cards
As a high school student entering university, I did not enjoy my overall experience at sears. The co-workers we're so friendly and nice, yet the management at sears is very unorganized and pressure you to sign people up for Sears cards.

At one time the head manager and little sticky notes, with individual names on them (including mine) and sticked them to her office door, for everyone to see who hasn't been signing people up for sears cards! This created an environment that was negative and not uplifting. it didn't motivate me at all. All they really care about is signing people up for Sears Cards, yes it helps the company but it does not motivate your employees, it just discourages them.

Whats even worst, is that my position is a floor replenishment and merchandizer so i am rarely on the cash desk to even discuss sears cards...

The pay at Sears is minimum wage...i have never received a raise yet or bonuses. (working for over a year)
The job was alright.
Cashier (Former Employee), Halifax, NSFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: nice employees
Cons: customers' being rude
I really enjoyed the fellow employees, however the customers could be very rude, and ruin an entire shift for me. The management was nice and the scheduling worked out fantastic.
Popular Retailer
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, AlbertaFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: benefits, great management, promotion
My first job was at Sears. I started from working as floor sales associate than got promoted to Customer Service. I worked in all the departments except electronics. I left the company because I decided to move to another city. I really enjoyed working at Sears. I was offered to be a supervisor, but unfortunately I could not accept the offer due to some inconvenience.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more