Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,370 reviews matching the search
Vary busy everyday.
Sales and Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 7, 2016
I was in charge of the parts and service for Edmonton and area. I had to deal with 7 employees and over 2,000 parts not including the parts that were on hold or on order. Had to keep the place clean for the customers and a kind and friendly attitude towards the customers. As it was the parts and service most customers came in because something they bought from sears broke and it was part of my job to make sure that they got there parts ordered and deal with any complaint. There was normal at leas one angry person a day and it was part of my job to calm them down. was a vary stressful job around the holidays.
Pros
The customers wer great
Cons
Some times it took a long time to get parts for the customers
Productive and great work environment
IT Support Specialist, (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 30, 2016
• Procure and setup new desktops/laptops; perform problem diagnosis on desktop/laptop issues and execute fixes to ensure that desktops and laptops are operating correctly
• Management is focused on operations of the organization's IT environment, including servers, network equipment, and phones
• Co-workers are great team players
• Hardest part of the job was pager support
• The most enjoyable part of the job was troubleshooting resolving an issue or completing a project
Pros
Variety of Cafeterias
Cons
Improving communication skills at sears
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 8, 2016
As the first experience in Canada, I started to learn the "working culture" and improving my communication skills

I learned the best way of transferring daily/monthly tasks from General Manager to a team and getting excellent result

I did many store opening/closing which was great opportunity to feel as store manager with leading various managers and staff to achieve one target

Passing internal training to have better customer service and preparing a great place for shopping
Pros
Enough training
Cons
Company financial sitiuation
This was the worst place I have EVER worked.
Merchandise Flow Associate (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, ABAugust 15, 2016
To start of I am a little biased because in a about a month I will be on the street because of this company. I had been working there for over two years and it was generally okay considering Sears is slowly dying and the pay is low so they don't attract the best people that work there. But when I came into work and was told that my job was no more because o a "restructuring" I don't really know what goes through these corporate nuts heads but my job was merchandise flow and inventory so they have to replace me with someone else so how is that a restructuring? Thanks for nothing SEARS
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
Disrespectful and rude management
Sears Review
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 1, 2016
Opening cash registers and preparing for opening. Making sure I am stocked with bags and other items needed for the day.

Serving customers to the best of my ability. Helping them make decisions on the items they need.

My co workers are fabulous..we are great working as a team.

Management is thin so we are counted on to handle issues ourselves if possible.

Hardest part of my job is if we dont have what the customer needs.Trying to satisfy there need with out product is sometimes hard.

Most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a customer happy and pleased with their purchase.
pleasant work environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONAugust 8, 2016
Sears is a company in flux. There are lots of changes happening and it can sometimes create confusion, but no more than any other national chain store that is re-branding itself. The mall is a nice place to work. Free parking, food court, a/c, hours of operation...all positives for me.
Pros
Free parking, A/C, food court, staff discount
Cons
not a lot of hours, dress code, outdated Point of Sale system is slow and limited
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONAugust 13, 2016
a typical day at work Clean up Department, organize racks, make sure merchandise was in order of product. keep fitting Rooms Clean.
Help Customers always, learned about changes in the Department
Management was always there to help you if needed it.
Working with my co-works was total team work.
Making sure all Customers were satisfied with my services.
Pros
The Family atmosphere
Cons
I worked when ever needed
For temporary it is a good place to work at.
Cashier/ Sales Associate - Full time employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2016
Sears Canada, is a good place to work at. Customers are friendly and the coworkers are more friendly. The hardest part of the job was when there were no people and we were bored. The enjoyable part was working together as a team. After all I learned a lot of customer service skills from Sears.
Pros
Lunch breaks were pretty long.
Cons
Sometimes get boring.
Great coworkers and understanding departmental managers
Jewellery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONSeptember 7, 2016
I worked with great coworkers and management was very understanding. We had strict goals that involved signing customers up for the Sears Credit Card and Sears Mastercard. Sales goals were celebrated and praised across the store.

Our manager was very understanding and sympathetic.
Pros
Good atmosphere among coworkers
Cons
Often work alone
An easy to learn job
Sales Associate in Bed & Bath (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 18, 2016
I worked in the house wears and bed and bath department. Basically I'd just help any customers with any questions, help them find what they wanted, and made sure everything on the shelf was tidy and presented well.
I learned about the products I was selling and how gift registries worked.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with products that I thought were pretty, and my co-workers made it a fun job.
Productive and busy place to work in
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 7, 2016
Usually the shift starts at 5am in the morning, and begins with 3 people. One of them including me, the two co-workers with me are kind and cooperative, hard working as well that uses time efficiently and effectively. Hardest part of the job is making it on time to finish the delivered skids to us in a set amount of time, but the most enjoyable part of the job is when everything gets done on time. You sense the feeling of accomplishment after such a busy morning.
Pros
flexible shifts, can socialize a bit, kind managers, cool co-workers, hours given when asked
Cons
small space to move around, equipment won't work at times, unorganized workplace
Good place to work but the future is uncertain with lack of sales and lack of capital to make company profit again
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 6, 2016
In the building services enviroment it is fast paced and priorities change daily. To support this department I have acquired the skills of several software systems which I used daily. Difficult part of the job is satisfied internal customers. I enjoy the team I work with.
Pros
Free lunch several time of the year. Christmas party for kids.
One of the Most Successful Furnitures stores in the Sears Chain
Commission Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 6, 2016
The Sales staff was extremely successful and hard working. Rarely did anyone call in sick. We encourage each other and help whenever anyone was in need. Filling out paperwork etc.
Our support staff was on the ball and helped our customers when we were with other customers.
Staff lunches were great and a time to share with different dept.

The hardest part of the job was knowing when to go home! We were all quilty of this as we just wanted to start the next day off on a good foot. So all problems and paper work needed to be done. Sometimes the copier wasn't co operating.

I would go back to Sears if there was a position!
Pros
Good staff members! Which is rare. Lunches brought us all in one room. Time to share your day.
Cons
suppliers, equipment not co operating.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 22, 2016
A typical day consists of helping customers on the floor, cleaning the tables and making sure everything is hung accordingly as well as assisting customers in the fitting room. I learned about attention to detail from working at sears. There was an amicable comradery between managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not being able to find what the customer wants in store whereas the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to brighten their day.
productive,keeping busy,fun co-workers
Customer and technician services (Former Employee) –  islington ave nJune 21, 2016
typical day is busy with good results.

learned to be active,serious,honest,happy,with good results

manage with respect,example,focus.

co-workers are important,help them,respect them,don't interfere in
their personnel life.

hardest part of the job is picky,erregante customer,trouble maker.

enjoyable part helping and interacting with customer,getting them
what they looking for.
Pros
achieving
Cons
untrained leads
Fun filled working enviroment
Associate Buyer - Furniture (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2016
Something new is learnt each and everyday. It is always fun having to resolve issues for store associate and helping them close a sale. I work with people who are more less like family. I enjoy coming to work on a daily base.
Pros
We have team Pizza Lunches every Month.
Cons
Just like every work, it can sometimes get stressful with the work load.
great company to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 18, 2016
I learned to work in fast paced environment during busy season of sale (christmas sale). I dealt with confused, rude, difficult, nice, and very nice customers. I also handled difficult customers very politely and tried to resolve their problems very efficiently and if I couldn't then I contacted manager.
Pros
employee discount, nice work
Cons
ugly colleagues
working at sears was satisfactory
Cashier/ Retail Sales Representive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
On given days, during the early hours you will fine me speaking to people, finding out proactively what there priorities are for the week, making sure the task at hand is done. My co-workers where team players they make sure the task is always done and on time. The hardest part of the job was when costumers come for a certian product and we didnt have the product. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing costumers happy an my co-workers.
Pros
Cons
cut hours
Would still be working there if Sears had not closed
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 13, 2016
My time at Sears was overall a good experience. I enjoyed how all the employees got along and interacted with one another. There was always help if there was a question to be asked. And fair with schedules. The Management was great and got involved with the store and involved the employees with ideas relating to the Store.
Pros
Free lunches, Relaxed environment
Cons
When it wasn't busy
fun workplace and flexible shifts, management very co-operative
beauty Advisor, counter-manager (Former Employee) –  Sears BramaleaJune 7, 2016
Day starts with a daily morning meeting reconizing top performances and met sales targets. Once the store opens, everyone comes out from behind the counters to greet customers. Co-workers are very supportive and co-operative. Hardest part of the job is when its not busy and you've got big targets to meet. However everyone helps one another without being too focused on their own counter or commission. When there's a customer that needs help, anyone available helps. The part I love the most about this job is meeting new people everyday and doing makeup on customers.

2.9