Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,571 reviews matching the search
Department Stores are Overwhelming
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
Three day shift periods and extremely overwhelming is someone does not show up on time for their shift. Could not leave until they did. Did not really learn anything because I was seasonal and treated me as such. Workplace culture was cold and not really cultured. Everyone did their job and stayed to themselves most of the day.
Pros
Long Lunch breaks
Cons
Department clean up
Enjoyable enough place to work but very inconsistent
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 April 2017
This job has been been fun for the last three years, but since the company has been having issues financially, they have been making a lot of changes very fast and everything is very inconsistent. There is not a lot of direction and associates are asked to things that they have either no idea how to do or are unrelated to their position. I love being a team player, but Sears tends to cross the line in that respect.
growing professional job opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB20 April 2017
There was always something new to learn in a friendly work environment. there is always the opportunity to claim up to a better job position.

I like to work here except for the payment, I'm not afraid to work hard, but is important that my work is appreciated and my effort has a fear remuneration.
Very friendly staff
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC20 April 2017
Comfortable work atmosphere , very friendly staff and administration , everyone from the older agents​is there to give a hand if needed .
Very nice team to work with.
Hours very unstable
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON19 April 2017
One week I would get 8 hours, the next I would get 20. It would vary like that. Also minimal job stability. Their policy is "always hiring always firing." Good if you want to get a job quick, not good if you want to keep that job.
A good company
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2017
I was treated with respect and there was a lot of communication between the employers and the employees to make sure everyone was satisfied with their position.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not much pay for the labour
An okay temporary place to work
Sales Associate and Cashier (PT) (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC19 April 2017
a typical discriminating and corrupt retail environment

adds on TV will claim to provide excellent customer services with exceeding expectations and all that rubbish and then they have minimum wagers on the front dodging spit shots from angry customers

in order to become a "manager", you probably have to work for 3/4 decades and then they might think and if company is in turmoil (which it is), you will be excused without the blink of an eye

sure join sears if you need money to survive but never dream of developing a career with this sinking ship
Pros
Will reveal some bitter truth that you dont see on TV
Cons
corrupt!
Busy workplace
Customer Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 April 2017
Sears was a great place to work for. Leads were very cooperative and helpful. Nice and friendly environment to work in especially the kids department.
Horrible Commission Rates
Major Appliances Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 April 2017
During my interview I was told that I had the potential to be making 18$ an hour. Because of the poor commission rates I am making 12 dollars (base pay) with no commission because the commission goes towards paying off your hourly wage. On a 4700 dollar sale I made with no adjustments or exceptions for the customer I made under 200 dollars.
Pros
Some of the staff are fun to work with
Cons
Long periods, sometimes days without making any sales due to lack of customers
Customer Service Oriented
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Kenora, ON17 April 2017
Great atmosphere for dealing with customers, and a fantastic learning environment. At times, physical labour intensive, which was great for me. I enjoyed this job, and the employees I worked with, and the owners I worked for.

Want to know more about Sears?

Ask a question
Productive place
Pickering, sales (Current Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 April 2017
Overall working at sears you learn how to work in a very quick paced environment and how to lead and handle different task in a respectful environment.
Ok place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON17 April 2017
Wasn't the best place. Manager wasn't often on site. Training wasn't provided the way it should have been, a lot of drama with other employees. Unrealistic hours
Sears was interesting and different.
Lancome Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 April 2017
I worked for Sears for about two years and I really felt that there was too much put on the cosmetic team. I loved working at Lancôme and did not like having to work in every other department.
Fun, accepting place
Divert Worker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 April 2017
As a divert worker at sears there was a lot of folding paper, and door greeting. there was always something to do, and I always had fun. Managers here awesome, and always there for yoy.
Very big company, they have no idea who you are
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON12 April 2017
I started out my retail career here and the managers had no idea who I was. When I left they were in the beginning of changing things, like providing more training. Hopefully improving.
Very nice place to work
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 April 2017
Typical day at work was busy everyday. I really enjoyed the physical part of the job. All staff where super friendly nice and helpful with training and learner.
Pros
job was close to my community
Cons
evenings
busy workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON12 April 2017
It was a first time experience with working in a factory sort of setting. I got to meet and work with a very wide variety of people. I enjoyed the training that we went through prior to being live on the pones with the customers. Very helpfull training.
Pros
store discount
Cons
shift work
Productive.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON11 April 2017
my overall experience at Sears wasn't the greatest. HR was extremely hard to get a hold of if ever there was a situation where I needed to speak with someone.

Management are a bit unorganized and just threw me on to the floor with out instructions, or training. I was hired as a Central Cashier, and spent the first couple of week on the Sales floor.

With that being said this was my first Retail Sales Representative position, of course at first I found this to feel a bit overwhelming especially since I was expected to already know what to do. Luckily I am a quick learner, and very outgoing.

I was hired for Seasonal and received a lot of hours when communicated that I had a lot more availability which for me was a pro. Management was pretty understanding and flexible with scheduling which was good.

Other than that I met some great people while working at Sears, and enjoyed the customer interactions.
Pros
Met some great people, lots of hours.
Cons
Unorganized, lack of communication.
run by an idiot
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 April 2017
The franchise owner was an illeterate douchebag. He gave my job to his drinking buddy who couldnt cut it in sales. My chimney dept was closed a month later as he sucked. I worked hard to run all that stuff and was paid minimum wage and given maximum disrespect!
Pros
zero
Cons
all of it
Staff were wonderful
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON9 April 2017
I enjoyed 20 years working with Sears Canada Inc. The staff the I managed were a pleasure to work with. The management direction often changed requiring adaptation and flexibility.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not a great work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9