Sears Employee Review

Educational opportunity with real life Canada wide retail experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC18 November 2013
Answering calls. Listening to customers concerns. Bringing solutions. Problem solving
Providing information, Promoting the company. Ensuring customer loyalty.
I learned about the growing importance of online shopping and its shipping component. I have a better understanding of what the returns and exchange rate is for this big Canadian company.
As for management, I have been able to see what works and what could be improved; what to avoid and what I would do differently. I know what I would do if it was my own company.
There are always new faces at work and I have met many college educated people from other countries.
The hardest part of the job is to balance a good quality, accurate, professional, helpful customer service experience with a limited time frame.
The satisfaction of providing a service that is helpful to people, reduces their hardship, and contributing to Sears reputation as a trustworthy company is the most enjoyable aspect of this job.
Pros
Practice interpersonal skills, Acquiring knowledge on online commerce and shipping and receiving of goods.
Cons
Low wages.

Other Sears Employee Reviews

Too bad Sears is closing
Logistics Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2017
I enjoyed working for Sears and really like my job. It is sad that we are closing for good. This would have been where I would have stayed till retirement. Great team to work for and with.
Great workplace, sadly it's closing down
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 November 2017
Great workplace, sadly it's closing down
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with customers and making them happy. The employees at sears are very friendly and helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9