Sears Employee Review

Educational opportunity with real life Canada wide retail experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC18 November 2013
Answering calls. Listening to customers concerns. Bringing solutions. Problem solving
Providing information, Promoting the company. Ensuring customer loyalty.
I learned about the growing importance of online shopping and its shipping component. I have a better understanding of what the returns and exchange rate is for this big Canadian company.
As for management, I have been able to see what works and what could be improved; what to avoid and what I would do differently. I know what I would do if it was my own company.
There are always new faces at work and I have met many college educated people from other countries.
The hardest part of the job is to balance a good quality, accurate, professional, helpful customer service experience with a limited time frame.
The satisfaction of providing a service that is helpful to people, reduces their hardship, and contributing to Sears reputation as a trustworthy company is the most enjoyable aspect of this job.
Pros
Practice interpersonal skills, Acquiring knowledge on online commerce and shipping and receiving of goods.
Cons
Low wages.

Other Sears Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting to work there. Sorry they had to close
Sales/Merchandising/Floor Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON17 February 2018
Was a good place to work. Unfortunately the store went into liquidation.
Very busy on a daily basis with merchandising as there were at least 3 delivery trailers each week.
Many department to deliver merchandise to.
I have learned a lot while there. merchandising standards. safety practices. use of equipment and tools.
Excellent team work
Management easy to get along with.
Pros
Occasional free lunches on special sale events
Cons
occasional late hours on special seasonal events such as christmas
Rewarding
Photographer Manager (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON16 February 2018
It was definitely a job that you must love what you do, it is rewarding to see the out come of your work, see the smile on your clients face.To know that your work is going to be in someone's family for many years, is the best feeling.
Pros
final product
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

55K