Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,119 reviews matching the search
Hardware Fitness and seasonal department
CAWP (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 28, 2016
While a good place to work for, there is not a whole lot of available hours. There is a lot of heavy lifting in the CAWP department, though co-workers tend to be excellent. Most management will work with you for your needs.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKJune 26, 2016
Sears Canada is a nice place to work for, staff is nice management is spectacular flexible schedule but not enough hours.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 22, 2016
A typical day consists of helping customers on the floor, cleaning the tables and making sure everything is hung accordingly as well as assisting customers in the fitting room. I learned about attention to detail from working at sears. There was an amicable comradery between managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not being able to find what the customer wants in store whereas the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to brighten their day.
productive,keeping busy,fun co-workers
Customer and technician services (Former Employee) –  islington ave nJune 21, 2016
typical day is busy with good results.

learned to be active,serious,honest,happy,with good results

manage with respect,example,focus.

co-workers are important,help them,respect them,don't interfere in
their personnel life.

hardest part of the job is picky,erregante customer,trouble maker.

enjoyable part helping and interacting with customer,getting them
what they looking for.
Pros
achieving
Cons
untrained leads
Good Product knowledge sharing, good public relations experience
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 20, 2016
- In the business of retail, change is a daily occurrence.
- New programs are implemented, along with new policies.
- Being adaptable is key.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
- The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Pros
Creativity
Cons
Long hours, too much travel
Fun and open company to work for
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 16, 2016
I have enjoyed my time with this company I have grown very close with my manger and coworkers. I feel part of a team going into work and know that I have the support of everyone in all my tasks. I have learned many new skills.
gymn on site
Catalogue Sales (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJune 16, 2016
copy was thinking about employees health , had a gym on site with low monthly fee. Good benefits , great co-workers
Working for Sears
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  cornwall centre, Regina SKJune 15, 2016
-Typically my day involved opening a cash register and looking amazing. i sold vacuums the most as more vacuum customers were present than mattress customers. when you sell a mattress you go through a long process and sometimes complicated to handle operating system to order in the mattress and schedule a delivery.
-i learned in depth exactly how a vacuum is created how the machine works and which brands are good quality and which are "money-grabs" I developed sometimes lengthy relationships with customers in order to find the right mattress on the right budget and i was very appreciated every time.
-My direct manager was good and credible but the heart of sears has turned it's moral compass.
-i worked with an amazing set of people all who had lots of experience to share and stories to tell as most were 40-55 years of age.
-The hardest part of my job was learning the systems, they were from the 1940's and i've learned code like javex so that's saying something/
-The most enjoyable part of my job was how thankful everyone was that i knew my products to a tee and was such and understanding person. i usually received a couple job offers a month!
My favorite job ever
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bayers Lake, NSJune 15, 2016
Best place to work hands down! I worked at the bayers lake location, there were some problems with the manager when I was employed however the company itself is amazing!
Good place, Good people
Outbound Call Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCJune 13, 2016
Like I wrote above, the job was cold-calling people and selling guarantees on their sears appliances, and despite that it was an enjoyable job because of the people who worked there and the amenities they had in the offices.
Pros
Good cafeteria, fun people to work with, good management, good pay
Cons
trying to sell guarantees on some appliances that cost as much as the guarantee.
Would still be working there if Sears had not closed
Replenishment Associate (Former Employee) –  Welland, ONJune 13, 2016
My time at Sears was overall a good experience. I enjoyed how all the employees got along and interacted with one another. There was always help if there was a question to be asked. And fair with schedules. The Management was great and got involved with the store and involved the employees with ideas relating to the Store.
Pros
Free lunches, Relaxed environment
Cons
When it wasn't busy
Productive and friendly workplace.
Sales Associate - Appliances & Hardware Dept. (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONJune 13, 2016
Sears is a fun place to work; I worked in the hardware department for over four years as well as selling Major Appliances for a period of time.

Each day was quite interesting as new shipments arrived to be placed in inventory all the while welcoming and assisting the steady stream of customers who arrived daily searching for a host of different products available be it lawn tractors, mowers, appliances and much more. Product training was available and welcomed on all major products enabling sales associates to remain current and knowledgeable while discussing product features with customers. The more product training available, the more we learned.

Co-workers, as well as management in our respective departments, were very helpful and worked quite well together as we all had the same goal in mind; excellent customer service resulted in repeat customer business.

While there were no appreciable hard parts to the job, the most enjoyable part of being a member of the sales team at Sears was in welcoming customers, asking questions as well as answering all questions and, finally, assisting those customers with making their purchase.
Pros
Very nice people to work with; very friendly and helpful.
Cons
Job Security
Associates felt like family, part of the community.
Senior Manager Sales (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCJune 10, 2016
A typical day was preparing for the mornings quickhit meeting, reviewing previous days results and motivating and informing the sales team of the days targets: sales, and account acquisitions. I was on the selling floor providing customer service, monitoring associates performance and reviewing store standards: merchandising presentation, in store signing accuracy and product replenishment. What I learned the most was about people, customers, co workers, and associates how they interact with each other and how day to day interactions can improve the customers experience and improve associate knowledge. I was part of a strong management team that supported one in other to achieve store results. The most difficult part of the job was at times not able to resolve customer disappointment in product failure, warranty issues, service and delivery concerns. The most enjoyable part of the job was long time customer loyalty and the satisfaction of helping customers and building relationships with customers and staff.
Pros
Associate engagement in celebrating great performance and recognitionawarded..
Cons
Extended hours for earlier openings and later closings with less management coverage at times.
Sears
Loss Prevention Manager (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 9, 2016
Overall I enjoyed working at SEARS. I stayed there for so long for the experience of being a Manager. There was no career advancement there, salary could have been better considering some of the situations I encountered.
working at sears was satisfactory
Cashier/ Retail Sales Representive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
On given days, during the early hours you will fine me speaking to people, finding out proactively what there priorities are for the week, making sure the task at hand is done. My co-workers where team players they make sure the task is always done and on time. The hardest part of the job was when costumers come for a certian product and we didnt have the product. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing costumers happy an my co-workers.
Pros
Cons
cut hours
Truck Day
Customer Service Representative/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ONJune 8, 2016
Truck would come in on Tuesday and Thursday and usually around 3-3:30pm. Once the truck would arrive, I would scan and unload customer or catalogue orders and place them in the customer pick up area. Depending on how many orders were loaded, a typical time frame would be and hour to hour and a half. The worst part of unloading customer orders would be all the major appliances or fitness due to the weight. During that time, customers would come in a pick up their items from past trailers or i would have to go pick up an item from the sales floor. Once that is complete, i would match the correct tag to the customers receipt, file and then contact the customers letting them know that their items have arrived and ready for pickup. Later on i would go and help the rest of the tem unload the rest of the trailer.
fun workplace and flexible shifts, management very co-operative
beauty Advisor, counter-manager (Former Employee) –  Sears BramaleaJune 7, 2016
Day starts with a daily morning meeting reconizing top performances and met sales targets. Once the store opens, everyone comes out from behind the counters to greet customers. Co-workers are very supportive and co-operative. Hardest part of the job is when its not busy and you've got big targets to meet. However everyone helps one another without being too focused on their own counter or commission. When there's a customer that needs help, anyone available helps. The part I love the most about this job is meeting new people everyday and doing makeup on customers.
Decent
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ONJune 6, 2016
The employees were pretty great. It was a really positive work environment. The management was either right on your butt or they were way too laid back. The job itself was very easy, and you learned to multi-task.
Pros
The people and the work environment were great
Cons
One shift/week
Fast paced. Every day you learned something new.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ONJune 5, 2016
Everyday started with scanning/checking customer orders. Learned a lot about appliances and different products. Worked directly with the owners. We had an awesome team that got along very well.The hardest part of the job was unhappy customers. i would assist them in resolving issues. The best part of the job was being in a great work environment. i enjoyed meeting new people and being able to help them.
Pros
Helping people.
Cons
The store closed
Sears is a great place to start.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKJune 3, 2016
My day is always different; never boring and never the same. I always enjoy working at Sears. The people are great, the employees are even better.
Cons
The pay is not great. Or even good.