Sears Employee Reviews

Found 1,538 reviews matching the search
A long time Famous National Brand Company that has been known for generations.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary27 March 2017
A great Company that could have been saved. It's too late for the company as time kept changing and they stood still. A place that does not promote "sense of ownership" and nobody seems to have the authority to make a decision. Every question or decision is referred to the level above, which is then referred again above them, and so forth until it's lost in translation.
Pros
It's the right place if you fit in and think its for you.
Cons
If the Senior Leadership had thought about the company rather than their pockets, a great name could have been saved
packing cleaning
Packing Handlers (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 March 2017
hard working in a team show up on time i work well with others im open to full time or part time days or after noons or nights i perfer my pay 11.40 i perfer to work in a team or by my self is ok to i like packing stocking
Decent place to work at
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2017
not the most exciting job management are not the most helpful people when it comes to solving employees problems. Not a lot of training provided with computer software and new systems.
Work Life
Clerical duties (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 March 2017
Sears was a great place to work at when I first started. But, over the years the company started taking away employee incentives, and everyone's moral lowered. I truly enjoyed my time at Sears, but it was time for change.
Location closed
Custome service rep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 March 2017
SEARS Canada removed all there customer service call Centre jobs to outside Canada, Before the move it office was a good place to work, people are nice and you are treated well
Demanding but supported
Corporate Delivery Assistant- Problem Solver (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON20 March 2017
calls into call centre as complaints on delivery service from coast to coast. Most who complained were right in doing so, but some were not, good for developing a thick skin with verbal abusive language and impossible demands from customers on a daily, minute by minute basis. We had the authority to compensate problems.
Pros
day shift, great co-workers
Cons
layoffs at anytime
Overall a great learning ladder in customer service
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 March 2017
Sears gave me a great opportunity to learn about different products and merchandise therefore this enabled me to help clientele with their specific needs.
Throughout my years with Sears Home Services, I was able to learn immensely through the decorator, and everything there was to know about custom window coverings. Attending outside conventions with our vendors was interesting as well. I will always be grateful for my learning tools I gained through this company.
Pros
Conventions, and gatherings we had were fun
I have worked with Sears with over 15 years broken service.
Appliance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2017
I have a long history with this retailer. I think they used to be the premier place to learn sales techniques and get comprehensive job training. I miss the friends I made with this corporation. Sadly I think they struggle with this modern economy and have let quality slip and training is now almost non-existent!
fun place to work at
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
fun place to work at especially if you are someone who has passion for makeup and. you get to meet different type of people and its a great way to get experience
Fun to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC15 March 2017
sears is a good place to work for but if we take a look at the salary then it is minimum, even with the experience we don't get a raise. And sometimes what i think that there is nothing which we can learn new or exciting.
Pros
lunch brakes are paid
Cons
not many employees
Productive and busy
SR. Manager Merchandising Operations (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 March 2017
I prefer a job that keeps you busy at all times and because of my position there , I was always busy and it was a very physical job which I enjoyed , and I ran a big tem there which was very enjoyable
productive,you are part of the team
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 March 2017
work seasonal over Christmas, enjoyed it very much.
A good company to work for.
Good pay, the management was vert supportive,
I liked helping customers on the floor, with helping them fine
want they needed. just making the customers happy with the best
service I could givr
working as receptionist in Photo Sudio
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 March 2017
It was fun but didn't long. Learned to answer phones make appointments.Set up filing system. Make sales, worked only on a part- time basis because that was all they had and jobs were hard to find at that time. the most enjoyable aspect of this was the staff was really easy to get along with.
Pros
experience in a photo studio
Cons
NA
Bad
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton13 March 2017
Lack of job objectives, unrealistic requirements. Wages were low and raises are tiny and lack structure. Floor level workers are poorly treated and middle management is hung out to dry
Great place with great pepole
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trois-Rivières-Ouest, QC12 March 2017
I really liked every one there great people and great Dynamic crew, the store itself didn't always do well in the sales department but everyone gave it's 150%
Poor People management
Planning (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2017
The company is poor on retaining good talents, high turn over from the management team to all levels. Poor system, hard to find useful information. People here often focused on what the manager asked for instead of what really important.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
not good for career development
Great place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB11 March 2017
Provided great customer service. Great place to work, learned a lot about retail. Great family environment, care about employees and provided benefits.
Pros
Always reward employees.
Cons
Partime employee.
Very good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 March 2017
When I started working with Sears 8 years before Things was very smooth and positive. All of sudden changes start happening to improve the finance and sale of company, but failing every time. Finally company started to closing the retail stores and one of them was mine.
It was good steady work
Shipping and receiving, loading dock assistant (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC8 March 2017
Along with the bay I had a good pace with chopping up boxes after offloading trucks, and trucks were fun to offload. Getting customer orders was definitely the funner part. The hardest part was when I was alone some days doing trailers but that's it. I learned how to organize customer orders fast and efficiently. The management in my opinion was fine no complaints.
Pros
I had a discount for food at the mall and I enjoyed that.
Cons
some customers were pretty brutal when they showed up angry but nothing I couldn't handle.
Fun work environment.
Forklift Operator/ Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2017
We would load and unload trailers every night. The work environment was fun and energetic. Management was good and always willing to help as we needed it. The hardest part was unloading trailers and the best part was the co-workers.
Pros
Monthly BBQs
Cons
Tiring work

2.9