Sears

Sears Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Focused on Customer Service excellence
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee), Coquitlam CenterAugust 25, 2015
Pros: 15 5 off Sears Merchandise and ability to put my skills and knowledge to work in housewares, bed and bath deptartments
Cons: Long hours of standing- 8 hour shifts with minimal breaks
Witih 8 staff underneath my management and supervisory position, I was looking to put Sears on the map for not older the elderly but a younger demographic by way up upscaling how the business is defined.
Fun Place to Work
Sales Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
It was a fun place to work, supportive managers and colleagues. The hardest part of the job was the long busy hours during the Christmas season.
Comfortable workplace environment, informative and supportive staff and management, variable hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Comfortable work environment, good teamwork, communicative and supportive management, simple tasks.
Cons: Minimum wage, long periods of standing, repetitive work.
Simple, comfortable workplace environment. Management did a good job of communicating expectations and instructions to staff. Staff cooperated well and worked with management to foster feelings of teamwork.
Hard working, Under pressure working,
Cashier and Customer Services (Former Employee), Calgary,ABAugust 24, 2015
Pros: good management culture, good working environment, Flexibility
Cons: no job security, unstable working hours
It is awesome to work in sears. Always supporting and cooperative management.The great team of co-workers and best understanding of managers and employees.And i love to convince customers to open credit cards.
Great People, understanding management, however hours may flunctuate
Shipping and Receiving associate (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Safety, Flexibility, Caring, Social Outings
Cons: Unstable work hours
I've been hired at Sears due to a friends employment recommendation. The management at my location is very understanding towards any problems that may arise and will always try to resolve any conflicts in the workplace.
The hours are also very flexible; if you need time off then you can probably get it simply by notifying managements a week ahead of time!
Work can be a little overwhelming labour wise considering the minimum wage salary they pay but it's bearable due to the fact you get to spend the day with some great co-workers. Hours can fluctuate between 8- 40 hours a week depending on the season and availability. If you're looking for a stable/steady part time job then I suggest maybe looking elsewhere but if you're just looking for some extra cash and work experience then look no further!
People matter
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 20, 2015
Pros: managers loved their jobs
Cons: long hours, harsh floors, selling credit cards
Who you work with defines this job. I had an awesome manager but my coworkers sucked. The job was mundane but wore on my feet and back a lot due to the cement floors. Pressure to sell their credit cards was also very high
great team to work with
MPT MERCHANDISING PRESENTATION TEAM (Current Employee), Kelowna, BCAugust 20, 2015
The people i work with are a great team. We work well as a team but are able to work on our own.The managers are easy to talk to and are there for you if needed
enjoyable
Business Analyst (Former Employee), OntarioAugust 19, 2015
It is a good company to work for , great with procedures and regulations , good working environment , a lot of teamwork .
Friendly , hardworking people
n/A
Sales Rep (Current Employee), PickeringAugust 14, 2015
N/A Currently nothing to speak on thisN/A Currently nothing to speak on thisN/A Currently nothing to speak on thisN/A Currently nothing to speak on thisN/A Currently nothing to speak on thisN/A Currently nothing to speak on thisN/A Currently nothing to speak on thisN/A Currently nothing to speak on thisN/A Currently nothing to speak on thisN/A Currently nothing to speak on thisN/A Currently nothing to speak on thisN/A Currently nothing to speak on this
customer service desk service and marketing of sears credit card and selling them to achieve sales target
Customer Representative Service Desk (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 12, 2015
recently I have been awarded with best employee of the month on august 10,2015 . for achieving my sales target and being on first position consistently.
Great firm to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2015
I have learned a lot about Tax Season my boss was a great trainer and teaching me how taxation works. i have learned how to do tax for my clients.
A great team atmosphere.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Portage la Prairie, MBAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Discounts on allot of items.
Cons: Can be difficult to advance.
it is a fast paces place to work. Depending if you are in the actual retail outlet locations such as a mall. or as i was a non department store. I worked in a catalog store. One thing was help from the upper management, and the sales or returned items we were able to purchase at cost.
fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Charlottetown, PEAugust 4, 2015
Pros: working with amazing people helping people
Cons: selling credit cards
Fun safe workplace many people to become friends with safe work environment great management and if you sell credit cards you get a little encentive
Fun relaxed place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Great discount on Store Merchandise
Cons: low rate of pay... not many hours
Truly enjoyed working at Sears...Management was great as were the employees...My employment with the company for one year flew by... most enjoyable part of the job being a woman was working with shoes
Professional Place to work.
FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 28, 2015
I had a great time working for this company. It was a nice, professional environment with great staff members. Being located in one of the busiest areas of the city, it was a perfect location to access different amenities.
fun work place and friendly staff
Merchandiser presentation (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 25, 2015
Pros: free coffee you get during meetings
Cons: none
Day would start off with a meeting with all the co workers and our boss and then we would put out fashion and we design products so that they can sell faster and make the place look nice ,we would help the customers and answer calls ,put up deals ..I learn that hard work can get you far in the business world ,so can team work ,the hardest thing about this job were the hours that I was working ,the enjoyable thing was the great friendly co workers that made going to work fun ..The management there were also fun to work with.,they were understanding..
most enjoyable is meeting new people
Sales and Customer Service (Current Employee), chilliwack B.CJuly 23, 2015
Pros: very supportive company
Cons: jsut needs better wages
a very nice and enjoyable place to work for a large company. the management staff are very supportive with a positive attitude
has its ups and downs
Sales Associate (Former Employee), winnipeg, MBJuly 23, 2015
not a bad place to work
its a good first job
the management is not that great
they never give you more than min. wage

the company doesn't know what there doing because one person does one thing the the other does whatever that person wants to do
sears
Brand Expert & Counter Manager (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: good envoirement
easy job
well experienced with
over qualified
learned lots of new things about makeup
day was easy home at pm
co workers were most enjoyable part was helping customers
Great people
Program and Project Manager (Former Employee), torontoJuly 22, 2015
Pros: People
All individuals put a strong effort forward. The teams worked together well and made all deadlines meet their target. Great job..!
Headquarters