Sears

Sears Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive
Receiver (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 15, 2014
laid back work unload a truck of merchandise organize them by category and prepare the merchandise to be moved to the floor
Fun places to work that value its people.
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee), TorontoApril 14, 2014
A typical day at work involves working at multiple tasks. I have learned to build good team relationships. I enjoyed taking on new challenges and obtaining excellent results through completing various assignments.
Engaging place to work
Men's Dresswear Commissioned Specialist (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 11, 2014
Pros: co-workers, freedom to work autonomously
Cons: returned merchandise going against your draw
Working at Sears Canada in Limeridge, I was privy to being apart of a select number of stores who got to test the pilot for Men's Commissioned Dresswear. This was a straight commission pilot. There were only three of us who worked in this department continuously for the past three years. Last year our department sold over a million dollars in merchandise, – more... and we were first in our region for volume of sales.

A typical day for a commissioned sales associate would often entail cleaning the department and making it look presentable. Approaching customers and finding the right fit for whatever the occasion for a customer. The only way I can describe it is, whenever I went to work it was like reading a book. People would come in from all walks of life and as an associate I always got a story behind why they needed new dresswear. I had the creative freedom to help men look presentable and assist them in what I felt looked good.

The hardest part of my job was perhaps telling someone we simply didn't have their size or what they were looking for.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with individuals from all walks of life and fulfilling the needs of my clients and building a rapport for the future. – less
fun workplace
Technical Parts Specialist (Former Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCApril 10, 2014
learning customer service
not good management
more loads on agents without any rewards
Fun work place
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 5, 2014
Pros: it was in the mall
Cons: good hours
I got a long very well with my co-workers and with the people who shopped at Sears.
Great place to learn
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Guelph, ONApril 4, 2014
Pros: fragrance schools learning how they are made, meeting people in the industury.
Cons: great turnover of associates
Sears has been a great place for me to learn about the Cosmetic and Fragrance industry. I have learned about marketing and promotions, making, targets advertising and inventory management.

I have developed excellent customer service and strong interpersonal skills.
Great First Job
Pumpkin Fest Worker (Former Employee), Brampton, ONApril 3, 2014
Working the Pumpkin Fest at Downey's is a great first job. The pay is decent and the hours are reasonable since it only happens on the weekends. Very fun environment to work in. Great for people who love family entertainment and customer interaction.
Easy work and flexible hours
Sales assistant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2014
Loved the job and the boss made his schedule around me. my co workers were excellent and the environment was productive.
better years ago to work for
Customer Contact Support Associate (Former Employee), Belleville, ONApril 2, 2014
Pros: it paid the bills
Cons: micromanaging doesn't work
Handling problem orders regarding credit cards and item numbers.
The co-workers are a terrific group of people.
Advising customer that items are no longer in stock and unable to obtain anymore products for them.
Working with my co-workers and with numbers all day long.
fast paced work environment
Customer Service and Technical Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: the workplace atmosphere had respect and well being for each employee
Cons: long hours
resolving customers issues on a daily basis, I have learned there are numerous policies and procedures one as to work with in order to get the job done. Management provided the tools to get the work done and coworkers were easy to get along with ,we had mutual respect for each other. The hardest part of my job is having to relate our policies and procedures – more... to customers in regards to their issues which may not be in favour of the customer at all times. The most enjoyable part of the job is to be the person the customer speaks with and your able to resolve their issue. First point of contact and first time resolution – less
Flexible schedule
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers became family
Cons: no appreciation
cashier
learned effective communication skills
management was difficult to work with
my co-workers were the most enjoyable part
Limited staffing provides a range range of responsibilities allowing individuals to become experienced in all aspects of the business.
National Sr. Manager Strategy and Planning (Former Employee), Belleville, ONMarch 24, 2014
Pros: associate discount - 25% - multi faceted roles that allow for knowledge and personal growth
Cons: no cons, every challenge was an opportunity!
I was employed as a Sr. Manager for the Corporate Contact Centre for Sears Canada. I loved my job, the opportunities I was provided and the skills and knowledge I was able to acquire. Working for Sears Canada for fifteen consecutive years was comparable to a five year business degree. The volume and complexity of the work strengthens your character – more... and you become a more efficient individual with a greater confidence post experience based on the successes you achieved.
Management is very involved in defining and achieving strategic plans both for the present and the future; as the Sr. Manager for Talent Acquisition (previously Sr. Manager of Learning and Talent Acquisition), every day was a learning opportunity both from a knowledge and personal growth perspective. The challenges of working at Sears (lack of up to date technology, lack of staffing), I perceived as an opportunity for the Management Team to become very creative in implementing solutions and overcoming business challenges while still delivering best of best service to clients and customers.
I would encourage anyone graduating or looking for a challenging opportunity to visit the job website for Sears Canada! – less
fast-paced fully team work incorporated environment
material handler (Former Employee), Inkster boulevard, Winnipeg, MBMarch 24, 2014
unloading stuffs and disassembling stuffs is an everyday thing. I learned how to operate a pallet jack, drills, and other power tools. we are a three - five man team in what ever we are told to do. it was faster that way. the hardest part of the job was when the person who was telling us which to load and unload messed up a few items, so we had to start – more... over from square 1. the most enjoyable part of the job is simply doing it with everyone. we were having fun as we worked the day through – less
Good working environment
Junior Accountant, Accounts Payable Investigations (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 23, 2014
Working in Sears was an opportunity to demonstrate my ability as a team player. Being a member of the finance department in such a big company would lead to a fast pacing day.

One of the biggest challenges in the job was when I had to meet deadlines regarding the vendors. Each company has its own accounting system and Sears has to pay its bills before – more... the month end of the vendor.

As a part of the team, my skills were used effectively to get the job done and that was supported by the management. – less
learning experrience
sales associate (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 22, 2014
Pros: enviroment
Cons: long hours
i really like working their when i was in high school and i it was a great place to work and i loved it. The people and management was great to their employees
Serious work place with competition and henc no room for complacency
Commissioned Sales Professional, Sears Canada (Current Employee), Etobicoke South, ONMarch 22, 2014
Pros: very accommodating and considerate
Cons: products very often advertised but not available
Hard work to achieve goals which are possible with sincerity and honesty. The management was good with many frequent changes. Co-workers were highly competitive in selling and so one had to be vigilant. The hardest part of the job was having ordered items delivered promptly and to the satisfaction of the customer. The most enjoyable part was good sales – more... which resulted in good earnings. – less
Productive,fun loving work place with a great crew.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sunrise, NSMarch 21, 2014
Pros: friends and family night
Cons: long hours during the hoildays
Some days I would open up the fine jewelry dept. Got the registers opened and counted, counted the diamonds and placed them in the show cases. Cleaned off the counter tops.
I learned how to tell a good quality diamond from a poor quality diamond. Which gem stone was for what birth month.
The management was very fun loving as well as my co-workers, we – more... all got along and consider each other like family.
The hardest part of the job was trying to convince customers to purchase the care plans for their jewelry.
The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to spend that one on one time with the customer to get to know their likes and dislikes when it came to the jewelry they was looking for. I had very many fun times with my customers and searching for the right piece of jewelry that would fit to their personality. – less
Sears Canada Review
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 20, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: security
Good company to work for. They are flexible, friendly environment, and the pay is good as well.
Nofrills Review
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMarch 16, 2014
Pros: family environment
Cons: minimum wage
No Frills environment is a family environment. Everyone who works there are considered family. The management is very good. A lot of hours given. They train their employees well. Pay is minimum wage, good starter job.
Great learning environment to take career in desired path
Buyer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2014
A typical day at Sears is chaotic! One must be able to jump between tasks and be flexible in their time management to adjust to changing priorities and deadlines. One moment I could be working on in-store marketing communication and the next be told flyers are due in one day instead of the week you thought you had or forecast for direct import team – more... deadline would change.
The hardest part of the job is the change in management and co-workers. As there was a high turnover rate so many times I would need to do jobs outside of my normal routine such as marketing team or inventory analyzing. Although challenging it was also enjoyable to be able to use and grow skills. I was constantly learning at Sears. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more