Sears Employee Reviews

Was a great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC17 November 2017
It is too bad to see Sears go. I had a great career there with great people. They were flexible and fair until the end. Great products to sell. I will miss Kenmore.
Pros
flexible
Fast pace fun enviornment
Sales assosiate (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON16 November 2017
The workers were so helpful in teaching everyone how to do cash and work on the floor. It was a lot easier to learn with such a helpful team. It was slightly unorganised in regards to scheduling.
Good paying job, but work 6 days a week
Carpet Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 November 2017
Very good job if your willing to work 6 days a week with excellent pay!! With Sears Canada going out of business it has slowed down a lot and may close. The person I work for has been a franchisee of Sears in carpet and upholstery cleaning since 1994.
fun
signage promotion (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL14 November 2017
it was only when needs t ofill in for other workers that never showed up, then they call me to go fill in with a promotional sign in the city to promote there closing out sale
Was a great place to work, but now going out of business
Senior Manager, Inventory Systems (Current Employee) –  Ville St Laurent, QC14 November 2017
A typical workday starts at 04:30hrs and finishes around 16:00hrs.

I have really learned to come up with creative solutions to issues that arise on a daily basis.

Upper management is demanding, and middle management is excellent at fulfilling and rolling out the requests of upper management. Long hours and much is expected.

Workplace culture was positive until the announced closure, however, the associates were second to none and had a great chemistry.

The hardest part of the job was the long hours, on permanent call 24/7

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the associates and team members.
Pros
Freedom to make decisions
Low job satisfaction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 November 2017
Manager was supportive of family life.
Poor benefits. Little opportunity for advancement.
High turnover of staff.
Low job satisfaction and low staff morale.
environnement de travail agréable
studios de photographie Sears (Former Employee) –  Anjou, QC13 November 2017
J'accueillais les personnes qui venait prendre des photos;
je prenais les photos;
leur proposait des forfaits photos.

L'aspect le plus difficile de ce poste était lorsque les enfants pleuraient parce qu'il ne voulait pas ce faire photographier et les parents trop insistants envers eux.

La joie des gens lors qu'ils avaient de beaux souvenirs photo de leurs familles.
Pros
valorisant
Cons
courtes pauses
enjoyed working for last 17 years.
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 November 2017
For last 7 plus years Senior management had taken wild decision resulting of Sears bankruptcy, but people i have worked with were very professional and work culture was very good.
environnement stable
Caissier (Former Employee) –  Baie-Comeau, QC12 November 2017
Une belle équipe, un environnement sains et stable.
Na
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 November 2017
Best part of sears is to work with best management and staff. Sears relationship with their customers are really good and public like to shopping at sears store.
warehouse job
Shipper (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON10 November 2017
sears is well known and great to work for. they value their hard working employees and see their value. given opportunities to advance and move up is great
I loved working at Sears, sad its closing. I'm going to miss it.
Logistics Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Port Coquitlam B.C. Pacific cross dock facility9 November 2017
I loved the opportunities to both advance my career and grow as a leader that Sears provided for me. As a Logistics Operations Manager and Team Leader I enjoyed being able to mentor and develop new leaders. The shifts at Sears offered me a great balance between work and home life.It was a great company to work for and the only reason I'm leaving is due to it's closure.
Didn't even know I was an employee
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 November 2017
Went in for my first day and they didn't even know I was scheduled so I spent the first half of my shift sitting in the Admin Office and by the time I was on the floor, they left me to my own devices after maybe a half hour of training.
Pros
Close to food court, lots of work
Cons
Disorganized, not paid enough
Good first retail job
Brand Ambassador (Sales Associate) (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 November 2017
I overall enjoyed my (brief) time at Sears before they went out of business. I learned a lot of valuable skills that I can use in future jobs. My manager was a little bit crazy but to be fair she had a lot of pressure put on her. The hardest part of my job was dealing with rude customers. The best part of my job was working with awesome coworkers.
closed
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON8 November 2017
because of mismanagement the whole chain of stores has been now closed not much else to be said. feel sorry for the long time employees that have lost so much
Intéressant
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Rosemère, QC7 November 2017
Emploi valorisant face aux clients car toujours de bons commentaires de leurs parts
Pros
bons collègues de travail
Cons
manque de discipline de certains superviseurs
Not a nurturing environment, employee camaraderie not encouraged
Service Technician - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 November 2017
Not a nurturing environment, employee camaraderie not encouraged there for a lack of teamwork existed there. A lot of managers were promoted from withing without having management training or experience. Generally a disjointed environment with very poor communication across the board.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of good leadershipI
Travel Agency
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 November 2017
I never worked for the store itself was an outside company of Sears Travel - it was a good company to work for - I wasn't owned by Sears so I have no input of it
Très bon endroit de travail.
Spécialiste en électronique et autres départements (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QC6 November 2017
J'ai été à l'emploi de cette compagnie pour plus de 24 ans j'aimais mon travail et les liens d'amitié qui se sont créés au fil des ans donc c'était plus qu'un travail pour moi.Je suis une personne polyvalente j'apprends vite et j"aime faire différentes tâches .
Pros
Escompte employé
Cons
Gérance trop jeune manque d'expérience
Wonderful people, the bosses were exceptional,
Assistance Liquidator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 November 2017
I found it to be very fast pasted and energetic. I was a very nice change of pace for me. Like i said the bosses were very understanding. As well as the other employees. The experience was phi nominal.
Pros
Smoke breaks when ever my tasks where completed.
Cons
Very physically exerting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sears. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9