Sears
9,503 reviews

Sears Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Confidence Builder
Outlet Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Warman, SKApril 14, 2015
This was such a busy busy outlet in our satellite community (Warman) to Saskatoon. Amazing how many people utilized the online shopping / local pickup.

Have to say there were many MANY stressful/ frustrated customers who came to return items, but my training and gradual experience with these customers helped me gain confidence and patience to realize, it is not a personal attack against ME, but just a frustration with a product. So I always apologized for their frustration, and did the best I could to resolve the conflict.
We had pic-nic tables outside and b.b.q activity for Kids cancer during summer time.
Chef d'équipe (Former Employee), Montréal, QCApril 6, 2015
Pros: We hade employes discount off 25 % . Free parking lot.
Cons: Working week-ends
I was working from 8h00 to 4h00 Monday to friday

Harvest data for the conference call. Meeting with the director to see plan of the day. Audit objectives, and planning of the tasks ahead.

Organize and prioritize emergency. Distribute the work. Check and analyze employee performance reports. Make coaching with employees.Read and answer emails.

I have learned: to communicate, share knowledge and teamwork.I have developed my sense of organisation and analysis.

Helping each other, sharing information is a very good way to obtain our goal. Teamwork was necessary to respond effectively to the needs of the client.

Meet with employees for inappropriate conduct codes was the hardest part of the job.

Motivating supporting and helping my team was the most enjoyable part of the job.

I started as a saleperson and I finished as team leader. Multiple reorganizations of the company have develop my ability to cope with change.

My involvement : cycling against cancer in young people has been a beautiful challenge and an unforgettable experience.
Sears
Cashier / Inventory Clerk (Current Employee), Charlottetown, PEApril 3, 2015
Pros: Fun environment
Cons: No hours if you are not successful selling Sears credit Cards to customers
Sears is a good place to work for but when you are not selling at least 10 sears credit cards to customers per week you will not get the hours you want.
Productive and fun workplace.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
Pros: Always a pleasure to go to work.
Cons: Finding a parking spot.
I would start my shift usually in the afternoon to close and acknowledged the customers and co-workers. I learned product knowledge, learned how to use their registers, transactions, procedures on exchanges/returns. I also was taught to do inventory using a scanner. Management were close by and pleasant to assist in matters beyond my control. The hardest part of the job was leaving which was a great place to work and enjoyed working with my co-workers.
Receiving Associate (Current Employee), London, ONApril 1, 2015
Overall good place to work.. typical shift would be unloading a truck of appliances etc. pricing them and taking to floor.
fun place to work
Sales Associate / Customer (Current Employee), New Minas, NSApril 1, 2015
great management team, and an overall fun place to work. Lots of clothes to choose from and new products to sell everyday
Highly productive, energetic and eager to win and learn
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 30, 2015
Interaction with customer and understanding their needs this is what i like to do.

I am on top of sales. I have excellent communication and customer service skills.
I have been in sales industry more than 10 years.
great incentives to keep the employees motivated
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONMarch 29, 2015
Pros: friendly people. nice atmosphere
Cons: not enough benefits
I really enjoyed working at Sears Canada. I met great people and worked with great people as well. They gave me the freedom to express my skills as a merchandising with confidence.
fun workplace
data entry collections (Former Employee), ottawa, ontMarch 27, 2015
the hardest part of working there was hearing people tell me that they couldn't afford to eat, much less pay their bill. i would go back if they needed me
Fun and challenging job
Commission Sales Associate (Current Employee), Chilliwack, BCMarch 25, 2015
Enjoyable place to work with lots of fun people. The best part of the job is working with customers and helping them purchase what they want and need.
Gained Valuable Canadian work experience
Merchandise Presentation Associate (Former Employee), Victoria, BCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: co-operative supervisor
Cons: seasonal job
This job has been good to me, and I love most everyone I work with. The supervisors are cooperative, fair and very accommodating as far as the schedule goes and when I have needed time off for personal issues and ensure that we work efficiently at the front. Coworkers are helpful and always there for me when I need it. HR is too very good and helpful. I have been able to improve my customer service skills, my communication skills, and my teamwork skills as this was my first job in Canada. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to help people all day and talk with them about their needs and experience in the store.
workplace
Allocation and Replenishment Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto ONMarch 23, 2015
Nice people to work with but the pay is horrible. They do not give rasies at all and if they do it very small. For what you do you do not get paid at all for it. Only the big boys get rasies all the time and make great money.
good experience
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Former Employee), Markham, ONMarch 22, 2015
I worked in sears for 3 month as a seasonal job and I learned team working and better customer services. My coworkers were friendly.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Desk Associate (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 21, 2015
Pros: good employees
Cons: not much on benefits
Good co-workers and manager
Tough on sales, need to meet the daily goals
Many people to deal with everyday
The company does not have much benefits for employees
Fashion
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bathurst, NBMarch 19, 2015
Pros: co workers
Cons: credit cards
Retail customer service and getting customers to open new credit cards account or upgrade to a new one.

I learned how to become better at my jobs for the future. Management was really good and the co-workers too. The most enjoyable of this job was getting to meet new people.
Respect company to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), ScarboroughMarch 18, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: some long time hours
Reviewing payroll, on computerize system. How to deal with problems. Didn't have any problems with the management team, always had my back. Making sure you meet deadlines. The people that you are working with.
Great exposure to a number of positions
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee), TorontoMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Discounts on all types of households and personal needs
Cons: Long line ups for deal days
This is a place that offers opportunities in other areas and leaves it open for all to apply from within..

Great place to connect with great souls, fun and has a lot of incentives.
Staff is great Co Workers Become Family
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great staff on the sales floor
Cons: long hours pay isn't great
The only positive thing about Sears is the staff on the floor and some Managers. As a F/T Associate or Manager you are expected to work long hours with no O/T Pay and there is too much work expected for too little staff.
I learned that the company has very misguided ideas about their priorities and they don't focus on what customers are telling them in feedback.
A great place to work learn and grow
loss Prevention Lead (Current Employee), Coquitlam, BCMarch 4, 2015
Pros: associate engagment
Cons: long hours sometimes in my line of work
A typical day at ears is energizing, fun, stressful but well worth it. You leave at the end of the day knowing you have accomplished something and learned at least 1 new thing.
Sears is a close knit family and you have to work hard to be a part of it. It is well worth it in the end.
horrible horrible workplace.
Sales associate (Former Employee), Sudbury, ONMarch 3, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: horrible emplyees and management
After being hospitalized for being struck by a car in the winter, i had to take some time off work due to back pain and a serious concussion. The managers mocked me in front of other coworkers, and claimed to not believe me. After returning to work a few days later, a costumer got upset over a sale and struck me with merchandise. Being concussed, I was very upset and in pain, and management did NOTHING. I asked to leave early, because I was very stressed out after being struck in the face with a boot by an angry woman, and they said no. All around, horrible place to work.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more