Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

Found 1,327 reviews matching the search
A good place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONJuly 22, 2016
A typical day is filling customers orders and then doing returns. I have learned how to work with my co workers. Its fun to learn new jobs and to be able to work in different departments. I like the early start times
Great Job for the Right Person
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2016
Have worked for the company for a long time, and sometimes feel like I care more about the job and the customers then the managers in the company do.

Other than that, it is commission based and if you are willing to put in the time and effort to grow your own business, you can do well for income. if you are not good with people, you will struggle.
aweful, I would not work here agin
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJuly 19, 2016
stressful with little to no beneficial side. management not supportive, very pushy about their sears cards and will cut your hours depending on if you signed enough people up for them.
An easy to learn job
Sales Associate in Bed & Bath (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 18, 2016
I worked in the house wears and bed and bath department. Basically I'd just help any customers with any questions, help them find what they wanted, and made sure everything on the shelf was tidy and presented well.
I learned about the products I was selling and how gift registries worked.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with products that I thought were pretty, and my co-workers made it a fun job.
Productive and Fun workplace
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 17, 2016
It's a fun and productive workplace. They really care about you as an employee. The salaries is good including the benefits. The work isn't as hard it goes according to your capability. If there is a problem they are willing to try and accommodate you accordingly.
Sear dept store.
Category Manager, Ladies sleep wear, hosiery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2016
Many changes in strategy and management makes execution challenging. Employees are hard working and supportive within their teams.
My Experience
Parts Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  2200 Islington Ave., Etobicoke, OntarioJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at Sears Parts and Service starts off quietly with a few customers. There are many duties the store itself requires. The staff members are allocated to their sections and the store display is maintained throughout their working day; signage is adjacent to the merchandise regular and sale prices; researching or returning part selections and point of sale entries.

The Sears culture of commitment, and customer loyalty takes priority as low or high volume of customers enter the store.

I learned a management position requires much studious dedication starting with customer concerns, store presentation, point if sale reports, scheduling, and most importantly employee coaching.

The biggest adjustment for work in progress. There are goals and future deadlines

The future deadlines I have trouble excepting, as a developed attitude of finishing what I started by not putting off until tomorrow ensues.
Pros
I don't sit stationary, I move around
Cons
swiping out, when a future dated project is incompleted
Productive and Fun
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  London, ONJuly 12, 2016
Each day had different tasks to complete. Overall was a great job, and did not dread going into work everyday. Most of the time there was jobs to complete which made the day go by faster.
Pros
Free lunches, caring staff
Needs Balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONJuly 10, 2016
Management Team, worked cohesively together. Definitive and consistent direction/communication with the GM at that time was lacking. Employee survey of satisfaction for whole store 43% out of 100%.
Pros
Management and Staff worked well together for the most part
Cons
GM was inconsistent with expectations, unprofessional with approach in addressing areas of opportunity.
Productive Work Environment
Parts Specialist Lead (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, OntarioJuly 10, 2016

I learned a management position requires much studious dedication starting with customer concerns, store presentation, point of sale reports, scheduling, and most importantly employee coaching.

My biggest adjustment is balancing duties, requiring attention, and considered a work in progress. There are goals and future deadlines

The most enjoyable part of employment with Sears is the stimulus of
coaching, and suiting Customer service representatives with day to day functions
Pros
Linked team environment
Cons
Implementing a team environment when an employee puts and I into our work culture.
Productive and busy place to work in
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCJuly 7, 2016
Usually the shift starts at 5am in the morning, and begins with 3 people. One of them including me, the two co-workers with me are kind and cooperative, hard working as well that uses time efficiently and effectively. Hardest part of the job is making it on time to finish the delivered skids to us in a set amount of time, but the most enjoyable part of the job is when everything gets done on time. You sense the feeling of accomplishment after such a busy morning.
Pros
flexible shifts, can socialize a bit, kind managers, cool co-workers, hours given when asked
Cons
small space to move around, equipment won't work at times, unorganized workplace
Good place to work but the future is uncertain with lack of sales and lack of capital to make company profit again
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJuly 6, 2016
In the building services enviroment it is fast paced and priorities change daily. To support this department I have acquired the skills of several software systems which I used daily. Difficult part of the job is satisfied internal customers. I enjoy the team I work with.
Pros
Free lunch several time of the year. Christmas party for kids.
Sears is a great first job for a student
Hardware Associate & Electronics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ONJuly 5, 2016
I stocked shelves, inventoried, Sold merchandise and supported the manager in the department, but the main thing is Customer Service
Do not work here
❸ Lancôme Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 1, 2016
Worst experience i've ever had working for a company. Experienced nothing but harrassment and abuse from management and coworkers.
cared
Manager (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BCJune 29, 2016
Sears was caring about its customers but it was also out of touch with what the public wanted to buy. After they were bought out by an American company it just got worse
Hardware Fitness and seasonal department
CAWP (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 28, 2016
While a good place to work for, there is not a whole lot of available hours. There is a lot of heavy lifting in the CAWP department, though co-workers tend to be excellent. Most management will work with you for your needs.
Admin Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 27, 2016
I loved working there enjoyed the work environment. Managers were great. It was sad when they closed the department I was working in.
Pros
Great employer
Cons
Pay
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SKJune 26, 2016
Sears Canada is a nice place to work for, staff is nice management is spectacular flexible schedule but not enough hours.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay
It was ok
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 23, 2016
No much customers, Lack of management, Lack of hours, no raises, lack of recognition. There was barely any training when you first start. But meet some associate that are very nice. Wouldn't pick sears as a career option.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
no growth
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 22, 2016
A typical day consists of helping customers on the floor, cleaning the tables and making sure everything is hung accordingly as well as assisting customers in the fitting room. I learned about attention to detail from working at sears. There was an amicable comradery between managers and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not being able to find what the customer wants in store whereas the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to brighten their day.

2.9