Sears Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive.
Merchandising (Current Employee), Moose Jaw, SKApril 28, 2016
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low pay
Good learning experience. Enjoy doing inventory. Although hours are not the same every week. Love working with the staff everyone is so help full great job.
I hate Sears
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCApril 28, 2016
Pros: Interesting people
Cons: Everything sucks
Horrible, short hours, long commute, very fast paced work, 2 employees per 15 customers average with items that either don't scan correctly or are in abundance.
Great place to work and learn
Senior operation Manager (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 26, 2016
This was a good school for me. Becomes like a big family.
Really enjoy working there. A little disconnection between HQ and stores.
technical support
Technical Parts Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 25, 2016
I had new outlook on technical support it wasn't has easy has I thought but you learn new things everyday it was amazing experience
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 22, 2016
As a part time worker, they have been so helpful on flexible schedule to collaborate with my school schedule. Coworkers were so nice and fun to work with and management team was great!
Need to evaluate the work culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2016
Great systems and information available but sometimes the lack of change can be dangerous and you really have to dig deeper to find what you need.
good products
Cashier and stock person (Former Employee), bramoton onApril 20, 2016
the way of dealing with customer is very nice.The company has the excellent customer service. i learned how to differentiate each of them
Sears was fun to work at because there is so many employees to help you out when you need it.
Footwear Associate (Former Employee), Medicine Hat, ABApril 19, 2016
Every day i worked was making sure the floor was clean, tasks were done, and customers where helped. The management at sears was absolutely amazing, they were honestly the nicest people i have ever met. The co-workers worked well with each other and got along really well. The hardest part of the job was when the shoes went on clearance and we had to take them out of the box and arrange them on the tables how the head office told us to do so. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with all the customers and making sure they are happy with the service i was giving them.
A learning experience with customer service
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Guelph, ONApril 19, 2016
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: management
This was my first job involving customer service and I learned a lot in the 5 years I've worked their. I enjoyed interacting with customers and helping them with what they needed. The only difficult part of the job was dealing with irate customers who refused to listen to the reasoning I gave them. I worked with a very friendly staff but at times I did feel like management was lackluster.
overall this workplace is very productive
Home delivery (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
my typical day at work is like loading furnitures and appliances on the truck and securing them properly and learning to deliver them to the correct addresses. Getting the delivery on a timely manner was very important.
Great People to work for and with.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), London, ONApril 18, 2016
I interacted with every customer and helped them to the best of my ability to find what they were looking for.
I learned their Point of Sale system and different Sears programs.
My boss treated me with the utmost respect as did the other managers.
My co-workers were a pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of the job was selling rapid credits to customers(Sears MasterCard).
I loved my customers and enjoyed working with the public.
The people were great!
Sales Support (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 11, 2016
Cons: Had too much time on my hands.
The job I had initially applied for was not what I had expected. I had applied to be an office assistant but than was placed in customer service. Was not the responsibilities I had hoped for.
Friendly environment and good team work
Specialist sales Person and Customer service (Current Employee), Montréal, QCApril 7, 2016
Pros: it was a friendly environment and at the same time we had to make the sales.
Cons: it wasn't really in my field of studying.
Sears is an old well organized company with a many different type of employees from student to the elderly people. every day was a new experience for me, the hardest and most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the customer and management occasionally congrats me for the way I treated customers.I learned how to deal with customers and co-workers in a big group and learned how can I be a team player.
Used to be great company to work for.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 6, 2016
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: long hours, too much travel
The company is focus on short term plans, stop the bleeding now but not focusing on long terms company future. Without good plan just putting out fires every day, very reactive culture, too many management changes.
Busy but good management and a professional Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Barrie, ONApril 5, 2016
Good Management, busy in the office. Hardest part is not enough hours for their employees.
I learned data entry and the delivery system. I learned how the catalogue system works. Most enjoyable part of work is having Galas and prizes every few weekends
Great company but they hurt their own business.
Photographer (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONApril 5, 2016
Pros: Paid breaks
Cons: Shorter hours, too many changes
Awesome co-workers and management team.
The hardest part of the job was the constant changes of the schedule
as well as the constant changes in district managers made it frustrating.
Extreme pressure to be very similar to another company.
Compromising time for quality.
The most enjoyable part was enjoying the job by taking photos and working with amazing staff definitely helped.
Seasonal position
SALES ASSOCIATE-MEN'S WEAR (Former Employee), Pickering, ONApril 4, 2016
Pros: Lovely customers and new challenges each day.
Cons: Having to teach myself the computer system and product knowledge
A great team of hard working people that unfortunately was only a seasonal position. I enjoyed praise from management, co workers and customers.
The most difficult aspect was working with no training on cash or product knowledge.
It was enjoyable to go to work every day with self confidence in being able to give the correct information to customers and having them leave with a smile.
I learned that I am a quick learner and still very well suited to customer service.
A great place to work if one is a student and the team is almost always kind and friendly!
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee), Kamloops, BCApril 4, 2016
A typical shift will be anywhere from 4-8 hours of work. Depending on the area one works, they might be busier than others. For example Ladies Wear is busier than Catalogue, and the tasks each of them perform is different.
Great Company with a strong Heritage of 60+yrs Retailing
Sr Merchandise Planner (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 4, 2016
Lot of challenges in running day to day business which helps a retail professional to learn on day to day basis, on facing and sailing through the challenges thrown in front of you .
Great colleagues with strong experience to learn from .
Sometimes it can be chaotic but that's expected from a company which is trying to reinvent it self with a strong 60+yrs of retailing heritage .
Excellent working Invironment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 2, 2016
It has been excellent experience working at Sears Stores for the last more than one and half year Excellent working environment &, excellent and supporting team members,very caring and supporting management.Very enjoyable and encouraging customer interaction while dealing with the customer resulting into building long term customer relationship
Headquarters