Sears
10,435 reviews

Sears Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Professional Place to work.
FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 28, 2015
I had a great time working for this company. It was a nice, professional environment with great staff members. Being located in one of the busiest areas of the city, it was a perfect location to access different amenities.
fun work place and friendly staff
Merchandiser presentation (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 25, 2015
Pros: free coffee you get during meetings
Cons: none
Day would start off with a meeting with all the co workers and our boss and then we would put out fashion and we design products so that they can sell faster and make the place look nice ,we would help the customers and answer calls ,put up deals ..I learn that hard work can get you far in the business world ,so can team work ,the hardest thing about this job were the hours that I was working ,the enjoyable thing was the great friendly co workers that made going to work fun ..The management there were also fun to work with.,they were understanding..
most enjoyable is meeting new people
Sales and Customer Service (Current Employee), chilliwack B.CJuly 23, 2015
Pros: very supportive company
Cons: jsut needs better wages
a very nice and enjoyable place to work for a large company. the management staff are very supportive with a positive attitude
has its ups and downs
Sales Associate (Former Employee), winnipeg, MBJuly 23, 2015
not a bad place to work
its a good first job
the management is not that great
they never give you more than min. wage

the company doesn't know what there doing because one person does one thing the the other does whatever that person wants to do
sears
Brand Expert & Counter Manager (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: good envoirement
easy job
well experienced with
over qualified
learned lots of new things about makeup
day was easy home at pm
co workers were most enjoyable part was helping customers
Great people
Program and Project Manager (Former Employee), torontoJuly 22, 2015
Pros: People
All individuals put a strong effort forward. The teams worked together well and made all deadlines meet their target. Great job..!
Nice environment and lovely team
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee), Markham, ONJuly 20, 2015
A typical day at work would be setting up your cash register, cleaning up your designated area, putting clothes away, and assisting customers to the best of my ability. Working at sears taught me how to manage my time better and balance my school, work, and personal life all in one. I loved working at sears because all of the workers were polite and helpful, we stuck together as a team. The hardest part of the job was closing the store at night because it was very big and there was multiple tasks to complete, however the best part of the job was being able to communicate with the customers and put smiles on their faces.
Fun Workplace with NO micro management
Senior Corporate Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee), Toronto,ONJuly 20, 2015
Great experience, open door policies for management.
Lots of opportunities for advancements and people are always open to new ideas.
Working at Sears
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Employee discount
Cons: chances for advancement was limited
A typical work day at Sears was interacting the customers there were pleasant ones and not so pleasant ones. I still held my composure and try to get a laugh out of everyone. Sometimes successful sometimes not. The hardest part of the day was knowing that there was a customer dissatisfied with our services.I really enjoyed talking with the customers. Management and my co-workers were fabulous to work with.
Fun co-workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), toronto, onJuly 15, 2015
I love the people I work with. Typical day would include folding the tables and assisting customers to find a size. I have learnt how to handle aggressive customers.
I enjoy working at Sears and hope to stay working there for a long time to come.
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Great staff
Cons: low wage
Great place to work and management and co-workers are the best! We are on course to turn Sears around and be around for a long time.
Excellent staff and management team work.. Fast paced environment. Customer satisfacton was the best way to mark your day as good or bad
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Belleville OnJuly 14, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Sears and would have stayed if they had not cut back on hours and cut back on staff. Even with the fast pace environment staff and management made it an enjoyable place to work. Met some awesome people
customer service
Lead Developer (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 10, 2015
Pros: meeting people
Cons: no room for movement
Primary responsibility to provide quality customer service by addressing any questions or concerns of the customer regarding customers' issues with company products and find solutions within company policies to help the customer in a timely fashion.
I love interacting and helping the customers
Sales Associate (Current Employee), St. Johns, NLJuly 5, 2015
-very busy
-I learned a lot about customer service
-The management isn't that great
-My co workers are very friendly and easy to get along with
Very challenging; the management is very pro-active and a good team to work for.
Senior Oracle Retail Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Very complex retail and interesting to learn
Cons: Requirements change constantly
Good team to work with and challenging organization to work for. Multiple legacy systems having to be brought into the ERP system. Lot of conversion work.
Good working relationship.
customer service associate (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed working at Sears. But only thing that I was not getting working hours which could fulfill my requirements. Staff was very helping hand.
fun workplace
Replenishment / Floor associate (Current Employee), Guelph, ONJune 30, 2015
Replenishment / Floor Associate
Keeping the area neat, cleaned and organized at all time
Helping customers
All items from cash desk/ fitting room goes back on floor in proper place
A Great Place to Work!
Sales Associate & Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Surrey, BCJune 29, 2015
Management is helpful, professional, and knowledgeable. Training is provided continuously as new sales challenges arise. There is always room for growth and more work hours. Benefits provided to the front line employees are worth while. Hourly wages do not increase, however there are always opportunities for commission. Hours are reasonable and scheduling is consistent. All in all, a great environment to work in and wonderful staff.
Productive and fun place to work
Service Desk Associate (Former Employee), Sarnia, OntarioJune 29, 2015
Sears is a great place to develop on one's customer service skills as it avails the opportunity to meet and understand people from diverse backgrounds
Sears home customer service
CSR/Visual Associate (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABJune 28, 2015
Pros: Steady work
Cons: Sometimes it got slow
Daily safe deposits, Monday morning fax weekly deposits to head office. Daily paperwork, redeeming sears points, catalogue receiving, and pickups for customers. Helping customers return sears catalogue items. Filing daily paperwork, sales associates daily sales cards. Setting up and taking down of sales price tags.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sears

Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based – Read more