Purpose Of The Job
Perform all security, safety and fire-related duties, assist in the reduction of losses, and maintain a safe shopping environment for customers and associates. This includes all customer service issues such as cheques, cash over/short tracing, and point of sale exception reports, and also includes supporting a non-violent workplace through training of associates on related issues.
1. Prevent inventory loss through communication and participation
2. Detect, apprehend and process customers engaged in shop theft and fraudulent activities. Complete investigation and related reports including involvement with police agencies and the criminal justice system, eg. follow up with local police to check if suspects have previous criminal record, submit documentation to police regarding charges laid, represent Sears as witness at court proceedings, etc.
3. Under supervision of the Loss Prevention Manager, protect and investigate internal matters, including operating closed-circuit television equipment, and use of point of sale exception reports such as void analysis, merchandise credit check.
4. Aid in completion of investigation reports for local police by following up on fraudulent cheques and credit cards.
5. Conduct initial investigation of cash over/short reports, utilizing the point of sale exception reports and working with Sears Administrative Services Office (SASO). Report back to Loss Prevention Manager with results of investigation.
6. Respond to all emergency situations, eg. power failures, fires, hold-ups, bomb threats and accidents.Contact appropriate external services, such as police, ambulance, etc., and administer First Aid to injured associates and customers
7. Perform health, safety and environmental inspections/audits to prevent loss, and create a safe working and shopping environment
8. Monitor associate parking and associate parcel check, including audits of stockrooms for holds.
9. Work in compliance with all laws and regulations and attend or complete all required health and safety training, report all accidents and take every precaution reasonable to ensure personal safety and the safety of others. Perform other duties as required. This includes: physical security, eg. keys/locks/alarms, orientation training on Loss Prevention related matters for all new associates; and prism/scorecard duties, eg. number of customer and associate accidents, health and safety, fire prevention issues, over/short account.
*Demonstrated knowledge of First Aid and CPR
*Oral communication skills
*Verification of Security License