Position: Route supervisor
Position Reports to: Operations Manager
Position Interfaces with: Operations Crew, Administration, Sales and Project Team
Positions Supervised: None
Ensures timely and efficient movement of furniture product. Assigns and coordinates operations crew and vehicles to deliver and install office furniture product and executes corporate office moves according to customer requests and in compliance with company rules. Enters assignment data into a computer database and notifies crew of assignments.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Review scheduled and fill orders for next working day and determine types or amounts of equipment, vehicles, materials, or personnel required according to order scope
- Build efficient routes by City based on timing and logistical requirements by 10:30 am daily
- Ensure accurate and complete paperwork is assembled for each order, communicate next day schedules by email
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel in order to address questions, problems, and requests for service or equipment
- Monitor and coordinate personnel and equipment utilization throughout the day
- Relay work orders, messages, and information to or from drivers, lead hands , field supervisors, and work crew
- Source candidates for overtime work, daily
- Other related duties as assigned by the Operations Manager
Education: Grade 12 or Equivalent required
Degree in Transportation or Logistics preferable
Required Knowledge: Microsoft Office, Internet, extensive knowledge of the Greater Vancouver area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Experience Required: 4+ years experience in a business-to-business product distribution and services industry, ideally office furniture industry. 2+ years experience in a route supervisor/dispatch role.
Skills/Abilities: Competent spatial relations, excellent interpersonal skills and creative abilities. Highly organized and able to manage high levels of stress.
Base: $52-55K, benefits