Job Title: Account Manager
Location: Vancouver, BC
Reports to: Director, National Sales
- A minimum of 3 years experience in outside sales
Our client is Canada’s leading Business-to-Business courier. "We are not the biggest, but we do pride ourselves in offering the best service in the industry."
The role of Account Manager is to develop and maintain the client base and generate revenue in accordance with the company’s policies and objectives. This is to be accomplished through direct sales, public demonstration, demographic and competitive analysis and increasing public awareness of the company brand.
- Actively pursue opportunities for prospecting new and additional business within an assigned territory
- Develop relationship and account management strategies to ensure continuing customer loyalty and retention
- Address overall shipping requirements of the client within the assigned territory and provide solutions accordingly, in accordance with the company’s policies and objectives.
- Develop and execute and annual business plan outlining specifics as to plans for meeting the company’s assigned target corresponding to that territory.
AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Responsible to acquire and develop new customers, and further develop and maintain existing customers through appropriate interpersonal contact and through company reporting.
- Responsible to obtain, by market area, information on potential market penetration, associated costs, competitor efforts (and associated costs) as requested by Executive Management.
- Responsible for the coordination of the quotation process in conjunction with the appropriate managers and operations coordinators.
- Maintain and enhance the company public image through personal appearance, facilitation of requests and formal public presentations, etc.
- Perform other functions as requested by the Director on an as needed basis.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Personal skills should include good verbal and written communication skills with appropriate command of the English language. Computer skills should include a demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
This position must also be able to perform logical process and mathematical analysis. Additionally, the person filling this position must have basic functional and working knowledge of the company automated reporting systems and be able to coordinate and transfer work on paper and automated results in written and oral form to customers, associates and management from multiple locations and disciplines.
Base: $60, $9600/yr CA, commission est TI $90K