Chief Technology Officer
SearchWest's client is looking for a CTO who will be responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision and will lead all aspects of their technology platform, spanning architecture, development, QA/test, and release management teams and functions.
In addition to working closely with their technology teams on a day-to-day basis the CTO plays an integral role on the Senior Leadership team. The CTO is ultimately responsible for the technology strategy and tactical execution of the company’s strategic direction, roadmap execution and progress, and long term growth plans.
- Lead, manage, mentor, and measure the performance of their technical teams and initiatives Drive and progress their technology vision and strategy spanning apps, platforms, services, partnerships, and external relationships
- Help evangelize them externally to the wider technology community and market ecosystems
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure their technical leadership and differentiated market position
- Reinforce a "ship it" culture, while ensuring sufficiently high standards for quality and technical
- Report weekly progress of technical teams against KPI's and their operational business cadence
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire great technical teams that ship great products and delight customers
- Proven experience interpreting technology and market trends as a foundation for product roadmap and business plan execution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong "team-first" player
- Strong leadership skills
- Domain expertise in big-data and cloud-computing, proven ability to ship platforms and services that scale to tens of millions of users globally and petabytes of data
- 15+years in Engineering, with 5+ years in C-level or VP-level technology roles
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- MBA, start-up experience and iOS/Android development experience is a plus