POSITION: Senior HR Business Partner – Western Canada
REPORTS TO: Senior Director Human Resources
We are looking for an intuitive, self-starter, internally motivated, driven, confident Senior HR Business Partner with exceptional work ethic and integrity. Someone who learns quickly, open to change, and will to experiment to find the right solutions. A professional comfortable in a fast paced environment with the ability to make correct decisions based on factual analysis, experience and good judgment.
The Senior HR Business Partner is a tactical and strategic business resource covering British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba carrying out responsibilities in the following functional areas: labor and employee relations, disability management, compensation, benefits, pension and talent management including recruitment.
- Acts as a resource for the Western Canada Management Team to provide management with ongoing coaching, mentoring tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people e.g. performance management, attendance management, discipline, disability claims, compensation, pension and benefit programs.
- Manage labor relations the interpretation of Collective Bargaining Agreements, grievance procedure, investigations and arbitrations.
- Facilitates timely resolution of all employee/labor relations issues while maintaining an appropriate balance between employee and management advocacy.
- Conducts prompt Employee/Labor relations investigations with management and union where appropriate as it relates to workplace complaints ie: harassment etc...
- Works with line management to identify and resolve HR issues as they arise while promoting positive employee/management relations in carrying out day-to-day HR services and support.
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and enquiries.
- Perform specific research/investigation into HR operational issues, as requested.
- Executes National Policies and programs i.e.) Employee Opinion Surveys, Performance Management system.
- Facilitates the recruitment process with hiring managers ensuring we attract and retain the best candidates for the positions.
- Participate in regional talent reviews, succession planning and retention issues.
- Coordinates exit interview process for salaried employees; including conducting exit interviews, supporting managers and employees; compiling and reporting data to determine themes for future action.
- Accountable for disability management program to reduce lost time accidents, and Weekly Indemnity cases.
- Support the management of illness or disability of employees related to either an occupational or non-occupational absences and supporting the business with the development of RTW plans, accommodation, and injury/illness reporting.
- Ensure strong relationship with all governmental boards across all provinces: ie: WCB, Canada Labor Board etc...
- Ensures best practices are followed by staying current with labor and employment legislation and HR industry developments.
- Support and manage organizational change.
- Develop strong partnerships with all levels of internal and external business associates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- A self-starter with the ability to take initiative from concept through to implementation.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and prioritize activities in a fast paced organization
- Contributes to the design and implementation of HR policies and programs.
- Ability to sell and promote new ideas and procedures.
- Ability and desire to work effectively as a team.
- Proven ability make tough decisions when required
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written.
- Adapt to learning new technology quickly
- Consulting and leadership skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary business degree/diploma in business
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience as an HR generalist with minimum four (4) years with direct labor relations experience and disability management.
- Experience supporting multi location operations and sales team while managing multiple collective agreements in a federally regulated organization.
- Proven ability to work closely with Management to support the resolution of employee issues in a fast paced unionized environment
- Strong interpersonal, and written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines and the ability to work outside regular business hours as required
- Previous experience with Kronos Time & Attendance and ADP HRIS system is an asset.
- CHRP designation
Indeed - 9 months ago