This sales role, ideal for an individual with 3-5 years sales experience in the building materials industry, reports to the VP, Sales. The successful candidate will be responsible for all sales activities in within a defined territory in BC.
The leading Canadian manufacturer of specialty building products for over 50 years, selling to major big box home improvement and building supply centres, window and door manufacturers. We are the largest Canadian manufacturing company in our sector with a reputation for quality and customer support second to none.
- With the support of the VP, Sales, your peers and customer service team, increase company’s market share , while maintaining and enhancing our sales with current customers
- Field based sales position calling on a variety of leading regional & national chains, building supply yards, roofing suppliers, distributors, and construction firms.
- Build upon and foster relationships with both existing and new customer partners
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize sales opportunities, develop recommendations and execute sales plans
- New business development: online searches, prequalify, source quotation opportunities
- Sales reporting: Provide regular communication with emphasis on customer calls including action & follow up plans and competitive activities.
- Provide product knowledge training in formal / informal settings
- Attend trade shows and contractor events, professionally representing company
- Work cross functionally with customer service and operations team members
Required Skills, Qualities and Abilities:
- University Degree / College Diploma
- 3-5 years building materials and/or roofing industry experience is a strong asset
- Ability to learn quickly, excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport in a variety of settings
- Self-starter who has a demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently without supervision, and effective territory and time management skills
- Team player with an entrepreneurial spirit, driven, and enjoy a challenge
- Excellent written and live presentation skills
- Computer proficiency is required (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
A competitive compensation package which includes salary, bonus, car allowance, and benefits.