Fine Wine Ambassador – Calgary, Alberta
Uses fine wine expertise and knowledge to influence the placement of brands through event marketing and product demonstration. Participates and conducts events as a top priority as well as develops new leads and promotions for Fine Wines in an assigned metropolitan area. Travels to various cities and provinces to represent the brand portfolio at Fine Wine events.
- Oversees the marketing of the Fine Wine Portfolio at company sponsored/approved events such as wine tastings and demonstrations.
- Demonstrates and promotes wines at industry and customer focused events.
- Develops positive relationships with event coordinators and key promotion groups.
- Demonstrates first class fine wine knowledge and a passion for fine wine.
- Promotes positive working relationships across the organization.
- Communicates pre-event detail for the field to execute; conducts a post-event analysis to determine viability of the event and its long-term use in future events.
- Coordinates activities with other winery support areas within the market.
- WSET Qualifications – Level 2 essential or Sommelier Diploma equivalent.
- WSET Level 3 preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 1-3 years of fine wine promotion/event experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; alcoholic beverage industry experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KEY SKILL SETS
- Experience speaking effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization with regard to Fine Wine.
- Advanced presentation skills
- Effective planning and organization skills.
- Computer skill requirements include: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS PowerPoint.
- Skilled to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Experience calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Experience solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Indeed - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard