Search Optics

Search Optics Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ok
Digital Solutions Specialist (Former Employee), Ferndale, MINovember 9, 2014
Growing company that is trying to unsuccessfully maintain a small company feel. Training was subpar. Turnover for sales reps was over 80% while I was there. Commission is low and no residuals for retaining a massive amount of clients in queue.
Good place to Gain experience
Digital Solutions Specialist (Current Employee), Ferndale, MIOctober 31, 2014
Fast paced Sales environment, and good for entry-level experience.
Great place to work, and build your career
Technology Department (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 7, 2014
Pros: company outings, snacks, drinks, casual business environment, great people to work with, great work to do
Cons: lack of professional language (profanity), lack of transparency (top down)
I work in the Technology Department, which is one of the core operations in the company, the other being Marketing Services. We work on interesting, different tasks, using best practices as much as possible. We do have legacy code to deal with, but who doesn't, if they have been around long enough. We do have remote team members (in our Detroit office), – more... and it can be difficult to keep everyone on the same page. These challenges can be easily overcome, with good management, and lots of communication. No job is perfect. Search Optics has a lot of people that really have good intentions to do the right thing, for the company, and for the employees, and for the clients. This is a good thing. I love working on the same team as these people. – less
Great company with a very bright future
Human Resources (Current Employee), Ferndale, MIAugust 9, 2013
Pros: great location (ferndale), nice building, really smart people
Cons: i haven't found one yet!
As a new employee (2 months) I have to say I am most impressed! The vibe in the Ferndale office is noticeable as soon as you walk in. The people here are terrific and the fast pace of work creates an exciting energy. It's exactly what I hoped it would be.

There are many changes happening as a result of the company's growth and I know that means I'll – more... be able to grow in my career. I'm excited to be part of the team and I would have no issue recommending this employer to friends and family. – less
Very Fast paced. Great company to work for.
Employee (Former Employee), San DiegoAugust 9, 2013
Pros: good team environment, great people
Cons: fast paced
Great use of technology with extremely intelligent people. Not for everyone. You better know what you are doing because you will not fly under the radar in there.
Awful place to work
AE (Former Employee), Ferndale, MIJune 15, 2013
Hands off leadership, no training provided unless you're in sales.
Product isn't viable and company won't last...