Seagate Technology

Seagate Technology Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging workplace
Sales Promoter (Former Employee), Sharjah, SHJune 19, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: standing for long hours.
My day at work as a sales promoter for Seagate Technology in mall was quite challenging because the place didn't attract a lot of customers for that particular product. Mostly stood around waiting for customer to enter in my section, sometimes asking them what they were looking for so I could introduce the product I was promoting.
The six month experience – more... taught me to explore my abilities and intellect, to be patient and attentive to the details. The more I learned about what the customers want, the more I succeeded.
The management was very cooperative, I always stayed connected with the managers. They always appreciated and encouraged my work.
I set goal for myself to sell particular amount of product each day, which was hardest part of the job.
And the most enjoyable part of the job was to convince the customer, the feeling of satisfaction made me more confident each day at work. – less
Strong manufacturing culture
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Ang Mo KioJune 19, 2014
Pros: reactive to the market conditions
Cons: slow to implement certain policies
Strong manufacturing culture and process-oriented.
Reactive to market conditions
Team Building
Project Manager/Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 5, 2014
Great team building opportunity. Met some of my closest work friends through these activities.
Predictable work, corporate environment.
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Shakopee, MNMay 21, 2014
Pros: little oversight
Cons: slow advancement
- Day to day tasks are fairly repetitive, working in a cleanroom, little excitement. Occasionally, there is an opportunity to create or refine a process or program. The work comes and goes in surges, some dead periods where people are light on work and get to do side projects, and some periods where the work can't be done quickly enough.
- There is – more... a lot to learn about magnetic recording storage, my department had a "learn for yourself" standpoint. There is little structure to the material available, so much of the learning process is finding the expert and talking to them, or finding documents someone was thoughtful enough to write and post.
- Management is probably similar to elsewhere, they highlight key tasks and assign people to them. Not all management has an extensive understanding or background of the people they manage, something that strikes me as odd in a research facility.
- Co-workers are helpful when interest is shown in their work, many engineers are introverts by nature, so be aware.
- Hardest part of the job is people interaction, there are cliques and people do not readily share their knowledge (this keeps them valuable). Also, this seems to be a company that tries to pay as little as possible for most employees, not strikingly different from most companies, I suppose.
- While many people seem to be wisdom misers, there are a handful of extremely knowledgeable people I have had the joy of working with that share their info freely. Being stuck on a problem and working through it is greatly satisfying, sometimes just a piece of info is all it takes. – less
Great Place to Work
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Remote LocationMay 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
I love my job at Seagate. I only wish there was more opportunity for growth.
Productive & Fun work place
Engineering Specialist, Media Sputter Maintenance (Current Employee), Woodlands Ave 12April 27, 2014
Pros: shift allowens
Cons: 12 hours rotating shift work
-Team player and can work independently.
-Minimum supervisory and responsibility, high commitment
-Fast learner & hardworking.
-Able to work rotate shift, willing to give support & commitment on the off days.
-Able to work in clean room environment.
Progressive, innovative Company
Mergers and Acquisitions/Recruiter (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNApril 2, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits are great.
Cons: they have a tendency of constantly "putting out fires", which definitely leads to no work/life balance, it can be a somewhat crazy stressful environment at times.
Great place to work. They provide employees in managerial level position with a level of autonomy but also offer resources if help is needed. Active, diverse culture, huge growth.
Depending on team and management individual conditions vary
Account Manager for Disty accounts (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAMarch 27, 2014
When you are in the right team and in the good graces of your management you can be successful and enjoy industry typical benefits.
Great learning experience and training
Key Account manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 27, 2014
Brand advocacy, sales, reporting and marketing are included in daily tasks. A large company with a great focus and excellent employee benefits as well as a strong network of people.
I had learnt a great deal about computer/hard drive industry
Senior Principal Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MinnesotaMarch 19, 2014
Pros: i can handle pretty well under pressure when i was with seagate.
Cons: so many layoffs occurred when i was with seagate.
It's a fast turn out products environment. We were always under pressure to come up with new products. I've learnt a great deal about process / procedure development.
Productive,challenging and very interactive with co-workers
Senior Engineer Specialist Equipment Maintenance (Current Employee), fremont ca.March 11, 2014
Pros: family oriented employees
A typical day requires you to be proactive and optimistic.
You quickly learn that there is always constant change in work orders.
Productive workplace with very talented individuals
Materials Science Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Fremont, CAFebruary 14, 2014
As an intern, I was given a mentor that I felt like I could always go to for help. My typical day would involve preparing standards and samples for ICP-MS analysis. My co-workers and manager were very friendly and easy to approach. The hardest part of the job was deciding what protocol to use when preparing new samples. The most enjoyable part of the – more... job was interacting with co-workers. – less
Exceptional reputation for providing technical support and training to diverse groups by providing successful trouble-shooting and problem solving
Mechanical CAD Design Engineer (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJanuary 25, 2014
·Created layouts and design implementation for Inline sputter tools
·Designed proprietary sputtering system components, including shielding, drive system, and cathodes
·Designed and supported in vacuum Inter layer heater system
·Designed Upgrades on existing metrology lab equipment
Hi Tech product, different and clean working environment
Manufacturing Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 22, 2014
Highly technological product interesting to learn from, management are very result oriented, and a lot of continuous training.
Good place to work for
Employee management or support (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: free coffee/tea, good benefits
Cons: meeting all the time
I worked there 30 years and enjoyed most of those years. Managaement is above average, not exceptional but very up to date with new and better ideas for employees.
Very good benefits! I wouldn't hesitate to recomment anyone to apply there.
Seagate is exceptional with on the job training. Classes to better improve your job skills or team building.
They – more... will promote within with specific job postings and train.
The most difficult was the forever changing envirnoment of new required employee programs and more meetings required for Managers.Too many. And performance appraisals from the dark ages. Rating people is out dated and they insisted on using this method. – less
Seagate Technology
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKDecember 16, 2013
Pros: peaceful, great insurance, good food
Cons: quiet, little interaction among my group
My typical day at Seagate, would begin with breakfast from the cafeteria. I would work on Operations reports and processes, and would have some conference calls and meetings. There wasn't really anything difficult about the job.
Great People
Operator (Former Employee), Longmont, CODecember 4, 2013
Pros: the people
Cons: the industry
I loved working with this company. Great benefits, pay, life, and people.
produtive and fun place to work
Test Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma CityNovember 25, 2013
Pros: bounes. incentives, leave, vocation and other benefits
Cons: considerably long hours
grate envoriment safe clean and considerably understanding. no matter what level you were on with in the company the same respect and consideration was take with care.
Fun and a challenge
Senior Staff Commodity Manager (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CANovember 18, 2013
New branded storage products, 3 month from concept to mass production.
Great company
Multilingual Computer Analyst (Current Employee), OKNovember 8, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: no telecommute
Very cool company to work for but the only less side of this is that we don't have telecommute privileges.

1 2 3 4

About Seagate Technology

Imagine a work environment where your talent, abilities, skills and ideas are supported, taking you to incredible heights. The – Read more