Seadrill Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and Work Out Opportunity
MATERIALS COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Del Carmen, PRAugust 9, 2015
Pros: I have gained a lot experience and I have received good benefits from my Company.
Cons: I am away from home.
I enjoy my working shift everyday as I have very good co-workers always available to support when receiving cargo shipment and put materials away from main deck and store them in my warehouse properly. Deck supervisor is also a good support when offloading and back loading materials, I enjoy working with him as he is always open to hear ideas and suggestions for better handling of materials. I have learned IFS software for my warehouse control and I consider I have full management of the same. Also I have gained a lot of experience of this 6th generation Rig I am currently working as this Rig is huge and therefore I have learned a lot about its equipment and spare parts for the proper operation and maintenance. I have a very good relationship with all department supervisors which makes my job easier. A hard part of my job would be that I am away from my family 28 days but at the end of the day I think it is worth it as I see them happy for everything we have got because of my job. I feel very proud of myself and the job I am doing.
I am a humorous nature, always want to learn, and discipline in work
Assistant Driller (Former Employee), Vuntao/VietnamAugust 11, 2014
I am a hard worker who is always ready to work in any weather and in any situation, safety and security as well as teamwork is my priority in the work, because I realized that just made a little mistake will be very detrimental for many people especially detrimental to the company of stout terms, I also have the trait. disciplined, honest and always wanted to discuss with the team before doing a job of work, I also have to educate especially the nature of the sailors who had worked closely with me, my one concern is that the company always keep the equipment in good condition. I can also speak English well. besides that I also have experience as an Assistant Driller more than 15 years, I also have experience in various types of rigs including Jack-up rig type Conventional and Cyberbase, Drill ship and Cyberbase conventional type, and also NOV system.
Great rigs, but difficult bosses unless you fit into thier click.
Roustabout - Job (Former Employee), Gulf of MexicoJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: money, paid insurance and travel
Cons: everything else
I am from a big city and not from the backwoods, like most of the people on the rig I was assinged to. Racisism is rediculous out thier, both ways. I hope you are obsessed with football if you try to work thier 'cause thats all they talk about, that and gambling. I have a family and dont have time for kissing a** and football, and I dont gamble with my kids money. Needless to say they got rid of me as soon as they found that out. Absolutly NO job security. They talk a big game during the interview, but at the end of the day they don't care if you starve or lose everything you have. If you have a good job be thankful, because they will black list you from the industry. I'm screwed. Oh yea and they don't have patience to train anybody that hasn't grown up in the industry, if they need to learn new terminology, they had better study for it.
meetings are very important think plan and inspect. safety of your self and the co-workers are very important and keep are client satistfied
Derrickman/pumpman cyber rigs (Former Employee), saudiJune 15, 2015
everyday i learn many things new how it works and how fast it takes about the full hesitation below the earth and above the earth with all the calculation to get very thing perfect
management teaches. all about the safety and what could happen when things go wrong there give us more and more training to be a
perfect and more easier in or jobs.
my co-worker explaining the job and planing with a JSA writing the good part of it to work as a team with having all the safety procedure
hardest-part of the job person not understanding what ever was explain to them doing the job by your own self
most enjoyable part of the job everyone work as a team and the operation is going good
Challenging environment with a good safety culture
Crane Operator (Former Employee), Gulf of MexicoDecember 1, 2015
Pros: 3 weeks off at a time, good insurance benefits and retirement
Cons: Inconsistent communication on my rig, being away from family for 3 weeks at a time.
The hardest part of the job on my particular rig was a need for better interdepartmental communication. The best part of the job is meeting new and interesting people from all types of backgrounds. and of course the time off is a big plus.
Family Oriented Company
Document Controller (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 14, 2012
Pros: easy going, friendly, environment, plus free breakfast every monday.
Cons: hires through temp services first for one year
Seadrill was actualy one of the best companies I have had the honor of working for in a very long time. Everyone there was very nice and always understanding. Very good company to work for. I hope that if I ever end up in Houston again that they would hire me back if they have a position open. :-)
HAVING FUN EVERY EVENING, PLAYING ALL KINDS OF GAMES
ROUSTABOUT (Former Employee), NigeriaOctober 18, 2012
Pros: normal meal hours
Cons: healthcare
it was wonderful working there, the way we assist each other in executing duties, play ping pong game after the day to day activities.
i learned how to work as a team, if you work as a team it makes the work easy for all. the management plays their part to insure the safety of the workers. i enjoy every part of it all.
Seadrill/SKD Tender division
Off Shore Installation Manager (Former Employee), ThailandSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: very good experienced crews
Cons: very little off time
Seadrill/SKD Tender devision did not have a savings plan or Benefit system in place.
A lot of off time was taken up by attending training courses.
Over all, a real good teamwork environment in the field. Quite good maintenance system & safety culture.
Stable drilling company
Contracts Coordinator (Current Employee), DubaiAugust 2, 2015
Developing company with strong management and organization willing to be number one drilling operator. Developing its own practices and procedures, though long way to go. Strong legal and management support team, together with outstanding technical and operational support.
Good Place to wk
Senior Mechanic/ Hydraulic Tech (Current Employee), Off shore CanadaOctober 11, 2015
 Performed preventative maintenance in accordance with the preventative maintenance program (SAP) under the direction of the Rig Maintenance Supervisor
 Ensured team compliance with Noble’s HSE Management System thus allowing for safe, efficient operations
Fast paced and growth intensive company
Buyer - Middle East (Current Employee), DubaiApril 19, 2014
Seadrill should rank amongst the best companies for individuals who want to be on their toes all the time. A fast paced and growth hungry company, one will find himself / herself at the fore front of learning opportunities.
Excellent workplace with highly Proffessional People
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee), Media City, DUApril 12, 2015
Excellent workplace with highly Proffessional People.
Very friendly manager and colleagues.
Training provided every week.
time management
not so impressed
Hydraulic engineer (Former Employee), singapore then BruniMay 28, 2015
Pros: good pay but not enough to overcome the tax issue
Cons: tax set up
had a few misleading things with the information given as to where , when , how much and how long ,
tax was a problem with the contract also
seadrill
Account Payable - coordinator (Current Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 12, 2015
Pros: free breakfast and lunch.
Cons: nothing
The job culture was very good,
they provided us benefits like meals,Break fast etc
they do send us for training that benefits the company and our own.
Setting the Standard
Safety Officer (Current Employee), VenezuelaJanuary 18, 2016
Pros: everything
Cons: none
Seadrill is the best company i have ever worked with, excellent trainings, excellent people, excellent systems, there is nothing wrong i can say about Seadrill.
great work place with great value
Supply Chain Expeditor/Buyer (Former Employee), houston, TexasSeptember 10, 2015
Excellent work place with great benefits and 401k. Also great vacation packages starting from day 1. Low chances of advancement.
professional work environment
Financial Accountant (Current Employee), Dubai, DUJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch on thursdays, low unfair salary
Cons: the company is consolidating
-great learning experience
-great colleagues
-good facilities
well manged medium sized company
Assiatant Accountant (Current Employee), Abu DhabiSeptember 18, 2014
Spinneys has a good and secured work environment, salary and benefits for a few of the positions are not that exciting at Spinneys
Fast paced and challenging job.
Materials Administrator (Current Employee), Busan, South KoreaAugust 31, 2015
Very good company to work for. It's a challenging market right now with the low oil prices. Never had a gripe or complaint with them.
Great COmpany
Derrickman (Former Employee), Equitorial GuieniNovember 3, 2015
Wish they were up and going still hate that they stacked their rigs. I miss the Esperanza and our crew hated to come home! Great Benefits and great management!