As a member of Seaboard, the Financial Controller will report to the Chief Financial Officer and assume a strategic role in the financial management of the company's Canadian offices from our office in Regina, Saskatchewan. The Financial Controller will assist with the primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling, reporting most financial-related activities of the company. This will include accounting, cash flow, forecasting, strategic systems planning and execution, taxation strategy, SOX compliance, and office administration.
Areas of General Focus:
1. General ledger management for operating entity
2. Financial reporting in accordance with United States GAAP
3. Compliance matters, including coordination with Division Financial Controller of Sarbanes Oxley compliance requirements
4. Accounting Systems administration
5. Manage relationship with external and internal auditors
- Plan, organize, direct accounting functions.
- Manage staff
- Coordinate financial, accounting and management control functions with operational personnel.
- Direct, plan, organize and implement overall procedures for financial reporting and to ensure adherence to strict reporting deadlines.
- Coordinate with Division Financial Controller the preparation and issuance of financial statements that are in accordance with United States GAAP
- Oversee coordination in the design and implementing of any revisions to comprehensive financial accounting and internal control systems.
- In coordination with Division Financial Controller, completion of Sarbanes Oxley required documentation to fulfill requirements of Seaboard Corporation.
- Ensure that operational resources are available to achieve Sarbox compliance.
Treasury and Cash Management Objectives
- Liaise with treasury function on matters relating to control, cash management strategy and execution of treasury directives.
- Ensure resources available and focused on proper administration of minimal tax compliance.
- Work with operational personnel in matters related to credit policy extension and monitoring collection of all categories of accounts receivable.
- Ensure periodic meetings with operation personnel to identify financial, treasury and risk issues that may impact the integrity of the company’s assets.
- Management of general administration and reporting staff.
- Provide basis for budget preparations
Preferred Experience/ Education
- 10+ years prior senior management and accounting experience required
- Complete grain trading industry experience
- US CPA or CA required.
- Big 4 Audit Experience preferred
- Experience reporting financials in accordance with US GAAP
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley controls
- Excel and Word proficiency is essential, with experience using and managing an ERP system.
- Comfort with multi-currency, multi-national, international environments.
Relocation allowance negotiable for the right candidate.
Please respond via Indeed.ca with a cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.