SDL

SDL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, interesting and fun place to work.
Marketing Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Maidenhead, ENGJune 18, 2014
Pros: a lot of knowledgeable co-workers to learn from, great projects, freedom to make decisions
Cons: a lot of wasted time trying to meet with/talk to management.
A typical day at work would be arriving at 9am, have a 9.30 catch up call with the Marketing Director to discuss progress with projects, priorities, any issues and make a plan for the day. I would then work on any email campaigns that needed to be sent that day or any other projects until lunch. I would spend the afternoon answering emails and forwarding – more... on any responses to campaigns to the appropriate people and having meetings with our colleagues in the US.

I learned how to use Marketo, Sales Force and some HTML code.

Management at SDL was mostly from afar, which is fine if they are easy to reach, unfortunately this was not the case so decisions which needed to be approved by management would often be delayed leading to many a lost opportunity and wasted time. Scheduled meetings would often not happen with no notice. I would also say that this was the hardest part of the job as the bottle neck in processes as a result of management being hard to reach and slow to react meant planning was often difficult and dealing with stakeholders chasing decisions was quite frustrating at times.

My co-workers were a great mixed bunch who were all very friendly and helpful, I learned a lot from all of them.

The most enjoyable part of the job was organizing exhibition participation, I managed everything form negotiating our booking to hiring a supplier to design and produce our exhibition stand, organizing our speakers and being there on the day to make sure everything ran smoothly and to help drive traffic to the stand. I love seeing a project through from start to finish and events are best kind to see the results. – less
Has a lot of potential and great people.
Mid level Drone (Current Employee), Vast corporate wastelandJune 17, 2014
Pros: subsidized vending machine, decent health benefits.
Cons: corporate politics and lack of culture
Do you like cheap soft drinks? Do you like to contribute to the company and bring in Millions of revenue only to have someone take the spotlight? Do you like to work in constant fear and uncertainty.

If you said yes to all of the above, SDL is the right company for you. It has 0 company culture. Did you say "no" to the stays quo?! Your fired!!! There – more... is an infinite number of poorly paid and uneducated drones to take your place. If you keep your head down for the next 6 years...it won't make any difference!!! Your termination could come at any time without notice just because someone doesn't "like" you.

Do you like to nod your head in agreement all the while you silently scream in your head "Nooooooooo"? This place is perfect for you!!! – less
Retail
senior development officer (Current Employee), chapra BiharMay 26, 2014
I aspire for a professional career in leading corporate with committed and dedicated people who will provide me
growth opportunities and give me a chance to constantly add value to the organization.
Productive and Fun
Translation Resource Manger (Current Employee), NAVI MUMBAIApril 24, 2014
Pros: free breakfast and fruit plate
Cons: no flexibility on shift hours
My day at work starts with checking the mails and projects that we received for the day and allocating jobs to the team members accordingly. I have enhanced my people management skills and leart a We Know approach. I most intersting part of my job was to get the client to concesus on quality. Getting resources and delivering jobs on time with a very – more... tight schedule could get chalenging sometimes. – less
Management and Workplace
Field Marketing Manager - North America (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: job work/life balance, compensation, advancement, training, job culture
While working here I developed quite a few very close friends, however, management, job work/life balance, compensation, advancement, and job culture are less to be desired.
Great place to work with very driven and like minded people
Partner Development Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: work from home, rewarded for delivering results and exceeding quota
I insured the success of clients by managing the teams of Professional Services, Managed Services, Support and Development on any issues or current projects.

Negotiated and closed multi-million dollar / multi-year contracts with all levels of management in prospective clients.

I was privileged to work with some of the brightest people in the CRM space.

It – more... was great working with like minded and driven people to ensure the success of the clients and our company. – less
managerial workplace
Accountant (Former Employee), Seekri, HayanaDecember 22, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: long hours
1. good relations with subordinate and sub subordinates.
2. understandable workplace.
3. helpful environment.
Great environment where everybody work together in this company
Associate Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 15, 2013
Pros: geting along with co-workers
Cons: company was sold to a bigger company which caused dismissal.
SDL let's you help engineering group or other department in resolving issues as quickly as possible to reduce downtime.
Valuable experience in localisation field
Project Manager (Former Employee), Maidenhead, ENGOctober 29, 2013
Pros: bonus
Cons: long hours
the learning curve is steep but I am grateful for the experience
A nice normal office job. Not real exciting, Not great pay but stabel
Junior Java Developer (Current Employee), wakefield maOctober 26, 2013
Pros: stable
Cons: low pay
SDL plc is just a typical day job at a desk. Not much happens. it's low stress but on the other hand the salaries tend to be significantly lower than the standards at other companies in the same area.

It's not a bad place to work but things move pretty slowly and I don't see much in the way of opportunity for advancement
good job. too much work for too little pay.
Project manager (Former Employee), ColoradoMay 7, 2013
Pros: good work environment and good people
Cons: well below industry salary, inadequate training.
This is a good company in many respects. There is a very well documented process (ISO) and plenty of people with lots of experience and knowledge. The office is full of interesting, international people. And overall it is quite friendly.
The main issue is that they don't pay nearly the local going rate to its employees. This is true across offices. – more... Because of it, there is very high turnover. It's a wonder management doesn't seem to put a monetary value on turnover and therefore compensate people correctly to minimize it. Also, because of the turnover it is common to throw new employees into work without them having a proper training. Again, the negative affect on accounts and deliverables is obvious and a value could be placed on this. – less
Corporate values not aligned with team values
Sales (Current Employee), Maidenhead, ENGMarch 17, 2013
Company has great products. Management team is misaligned and devoid of leadership.
Enterprise Localization Business Development,...
Business Development Representative (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJuly 2, 2012
Pros: satellite office, had a ping pong table, great employees, events
Cons: the business was moving to chicago, ill.
I was hired under the Director of Business Development, and through the merger of Trados to SDL my manager ultimately resigned 2 months later. I managed to develop my place anyway, though the strategy was to manage Business development out of Chicago.

I developed over 1.5M in business in 2 quarters, and worked to develop leads for 5 Field BDM's. I – more... was trained in XML based sales strategies to get into technical publishers. – less

About SDL

Since Mark Lancaster founded the company in 1992, SDL has continued to provide enterprise-ready, innovative solutions. We enable – Read more