SDL International

SDL International Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
N/A
N/A (Former Employee), Superior, COJuly 15, 2014
This company really has some great people working for it,
however the management higher up's is ONLY concerned about the profit and numbers. This causes huge turn over and long hours to make up for always covering for those who have left.
OK place to work
Project Manager (Current Employee), Sheffield, ENGMarch 13, 2014
Pros: work-like balance achievable
Cons: internal systems; no clear roles; mid-senior managers lack strategic vision
Good work-balance. Money not great. Internal systems can hinder productivity.
If your face fits the culture, you can probably have a job for years.
Certified SAP ABAP Developer
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Navi Mumbai, MHFebruary 19, 2014
Learned about Project Management.
 Handling Project Finances, preparation of Budgets, allocating work to different Network offices across the Globe.
 Ensuring deliveries of projects to client within stiff deadlines.
 Assisting US Project Managers in Client Interaction.
 Handling all project-related administration & tracking.
 Leading & training – more... the team members from India.
 Maintenance of all internal project documentation. – less
Multi cultural
Digital Marketing Executive (Former Employee), Maidenhead, ENGDecember 12, 2013
SEO, PPc and online marketing
Reporting and website management
Good environment for the right kind of person
Research Analyst (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 3, 2013
Pros: hard work is rewarded
Cons: purely corporate work, little individual control of product
SDL is a very caring, open company, and it employs many quality people. They are innovative and driven to deliver quality products to their clients. That being said, they are very much a corporate entity, and often will put the interests of the company over the well being of their workers and clients. While not the best environment for everyone, it – more... can work well for the right individuals. – less
A fun place to work, but without rewards
Project Manager (Current Employee), Maidenhead, ENGJuly 22, 2013
Cons: long hours continuously expected with no support network when needed
Although part of an interesting and developing industry, SDL seems overally focussed on achieving goals without looking after it's own staff. The company offers a range of benefits (pension, private medical, etc.), but overall it pays well below the standard in all of it's sectors (project management, translation and engineering). Having worked at the – more... company for over 7 years I've seen a plethora of good employees come and go, as the retention rate at SDL is abysmal. Luckily, SDL's employees are usually hard-working and fun people, who know their industry well which is what lures people to the company and tends to keep people employed for any sustained periods of time. However, I've witnessed first hand that loyalty reaps no benefits, with those who work hard never being promoted because they're needed too much in their current roles and, instead, undeserving people will be promoted above the hard workers, which has unfortunately led to a lack of confidence in the senior management of the division I currently work in.

I certainly enjoy my job when it comes to the challenging work I do, the clients and colleagues I get to interact with, and the multitude of cultures I get to learn about through my job. Unfortunately, the long hours, lack of 'rewards' and bizarre senior management decisions are now leading me to seek employment elsewhere. – less
Great people but no work/life balance
Senior Project Manager (Team Lead) (Current Employee), Superior, COMay 19, 2013
Pros: colleagues
Cons: work/life balance, lack of support
The typical work day is approximately 10-12 hours if you do not want to work on the weekend. Although you will end up working a little anyways. The salary would be appreciated if the average week was not 50-60 hours.

My co-workers come into the company with great attitudes and a lot of potential. Unfortunately, the great attitudes dim rather quickly – more... as they realize that they were just thrown into accounts with inadequate support. The lack of support is not due to their managers, but to the company culture.

If you are patient and can tolerate learning through experimenting and making mistakes then you can build up your qualifications. I really do enjoy having the experience and knowledge that I have gained, and would really like to continue my career here. However, the work/life balance is not something that is sustainable. – less
Interesting work, long hours, low(ish) pay
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee), Superior, COJanuary 21, 2013
Translation and localization. Interesting work/field, however to date workload has been too high and results in high turnover rate.
Great people, horrible company culture.
Current employee (Current Employee), Superior, CONovember 21, 2012
Pros: great people, free coffee.
Cons: unreachable management, poor benefits, unrealistic expectations, poor support within the company, horrible turnaround leading to lack of training.
The employees I work with are diverse interesting and some of the greatest people I have ever met. Some of the smartest people i have had the pleasure in working with. When it comes to company culture, this is the worst I have ever seen. Very high turnaround in some areas. Benefits are laughable, however we do get free cake once in a while.
Great international group of people to work with
German Linguistic Tester (Current Employee), Superior, CONovember 10, 2012
SDL is a company with members from all over the world providing a very diverse experience.