SDI Marketing Employee Reviews in Canada

A good place to start
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
If you are a recent graduate and want to get your foot in the door, SDI is the place for you. The corporate office has the look and feel of a student campus. The work load can be overwhelming and the deadlines are tight but it teaches you a lot.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful, but I cant say the same about upper management, they demand results without providing any direction.
The job is overall a lot of fun with social events and beer Fridays, the only awkward part is when someone gets fired, and that happens quite frequently.
Pros
Great to get started in the marketing world
Cons
Mediocre pay, no bonuses and not a corporate environment at all.
Great place for sales people. Salary+commission+earning potential
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
Great place for sales people. Salary+commission+earning potential.

You have to stand 8 hours on your feet. Cold calling and extensive prospecting involved. Good commission system.
New and exciting learning atmosphere
Part Time - Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 14, 2016
A typical work day started at around 10am but I arrived at 9:30am to set up my station. We spent a solid 5 to 6 hours a day promote the alumni MasterCard from TD bank to students and visitors of the University of Toronto bookstore.

I learned what is important when in charge of a promotional campaign and what it means to be presentable. My manager helped me fine-tune everything in terms of appeal and standards held by the company.

My co-workers and I were in a competitive environment that was intimidating at first but later on became more of a personal development kind of atmosphere. We supported each other and helped each other reach better sales targets.

The hardest part of my job was the initial phases when i would try to approach potential customers and subsequently be completely ignored due to lack of interest. It made me grow in confidence and self-acceptance as I got used to it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team dynamic and learning how to market the Alumni MasterCard to different people for their unique needs and walks of life. Bonuses for meeting targets helped too.
Pros
Working with motivated individuals who helped me achieve more than I thought I could.
Cons
Facing rejection daily, not being guaranteed to meet sales targets, lack of advancement opportunities.
Fun workplace with Ping Pong Table
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
This company is great because they do a wide variety of events for their clients. The company enjoys a lot of fun activities to develop and maintain the culture at work.
Pros
Many cool events and free food.
Cons
No promotions and salary increases are tough to get
Social, fast paced work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 27, 2012
At SDI Marketing I worked with the direct sales force. I was responsible with the task of signing off credit cards. I politely interacted with potential customers constantly. I Learned to manipulate a market that was rarely interested in my product. Because this job paid mainly commission I have learned to work well in a timely manner under pressure. This was a very enjoyable job as I got to speak with people all day, although this did on occasion take its toll as most people did not want my product. I had to properly explain my product's functions, as well as its benefits to each individual customer.
Pros
flexible hours, performance bonuses, social environment
Cons
worked outside during winter
Hard work but interesting meeting new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NBAugust 11, 2012
A typical day at work would consist of walking around the store to hand out coupons to people willing to sign up for credit card. I learned how to debate the benefits of the card to suit peoples life styles. There was not very good management hard to talk to for information. You basically worked by yourself. The hardest part of the the job was the pushing of the credit cards the most enjoyable was meeting new and different people and listening to what they had to say.
Fun work place with table tennis
Experiential Team (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Self reliance type work, not so structured. Relax focused atmosphere. Open office concept. good people and knowledgable staff.
Pros
Good people, relaxed business office
Cons
pay
Prodctive learning Environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMay 24, 2014
Great salary, $12 an hour is wonderful. You have to work standing all day and make sales by pitching ideas to random people. Sale number does count because commission, but if you try your best, you will get results, little but good enough. You might get discouraged due to low sales, but effort pays, and you will get over it.
Pros
work in energetic places ie; malls or shopping stores, great pay
Cons
long hours on your feet
Great place to work alongside great people.
Rep/Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 17, 2015
A friendly environment where everyone looks out for one another. Team members ensure that you are prepared for whatever the day brings, and experience a company like SDI provides employees with is just phenomenal. One of a kind.
Direct sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 16, 2015
Direct sales and interacting with lots of people. Metting with a wide range of people and having fun and work together. Learned a lot of about people and their sales attitudes.
Pros
Variable timings
Cons
Work weekends
SDI Marketing - an excellent organization that provides opportunity
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2015
SDI Marketing is an innovative and exciting company to work for, during my 6+ years with SDI I have been exposed to multiple clients and accounts ranging from communications to professional sports to consumer goods.

I am looking for the next step in my career and looking to waive "one flag" vs multiple clients, with an organization that I can feel passionate about and bring my experience to.

Thank you for your consideration in advance.

Best,

Ray.
Pros
great exposure to a multitude of clients
Cons
always on the clock - nights, weekends, holidays.
Not worth the money
Sales person (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 29, 2012
This is a face to face sales job. Basically you go into a store and approach anyone who may possibly sign up for a mastercard. You spend the entire day walking around the store, by yourself with no one to talk to. It is incredibly boring and very tiresome, you are on your feet all day long.

The job itself involves approaching strangers that absolutely do not want to talk to you. You will feel like you are needlessly bothering people as they shop.

I worked for them for a few days before i threw in the towel. The pay was 12 an hour and completely not worth it. If you can stand walking around a store by yourself for hours on end and harassing people then this may be the job for you.

There is no chance of advancement in this job; it is essentially a dead end job. The management isn't great either. As well, after each shift you have to send your applications off via Purolator which takes time out of your day and after that you have to come home and complete an online survey about your day.
Pros
no supervision
Cons
no one to talk to, all by yourself, everyone hates you.
Energetic team
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 12, 2015
Very energetic and excellent team.Great in handling large volume of people during the events of the SDI. I learned a lot from them thru talking to a lot of prospects. And the most enjoyable part of the job is i get commission from every leads i get.
not always as it seems
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 12, 2014
I was required to do certain things in my job to get people to sign up for credit cards, this alone is not an easy task as many people are leery of travelling salesmen. I learned that everything I was taught in my 3h training was not really all that was required in the job, I worked by myself for the most part and was responsible for what I did during shift.
My management was in a city that was 2 away from me so we only ever had contact via text or email. And then that was very sparse contact.
I was lied to about the requirements and job description, and was demanded to travel to keep up quotas, which was impossible to do as a single mother. They expected me to spend a week or two away at a time, which was not something that was possible at the time and was given the option to do as they wanted or leave.
Pros
work at your own pace, schedule
Cons
travel, lies and miscommunication
Productive and excellent work environment. Employee culture is amazing.
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
SDI Marketing is a great place to work. I love coming into work everyday and working with an excellent Human Resources team. The employee culture of SDI Marketing makes it a great environment to be in.
Terrible Management
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 1, 2014
Worked for this company and the only positive thing was the actual work in field. Everything behind the scenes was terrible. Management is dishonest, and doesn't seem to care about employees. I volunteered to help with a mistake made by the manager... Little did I know, he had blamed the mistake on me.

I have never written a poor review about anything, so I think that says enough. I'm also told they are terrible with pay, but I guess I will find out about that in 2 weeks.
Pros
paid kms
Cons
poor management and organization
the best place for communicating with people
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCFebruary 5, 2013
I typically begin my day at the office. There, I will be able to deal with any problems that requires contacting more than 200 clients. For instance, contact people and referral sources through customer list provided by different financial institution and develop and maintain relationships to effectively present and discuss the products and services of the company, soliciting only those desired products and services
Sometimes we have outside campaign so I conduct on-site and I do presentations that promote the different Products of company
As a sales rep I also very often answer the lines and represents a response to a question regarding a new product.
Management in our company is very organized ,we have the best team countrywide and was able the take place on first rank of sales volume on 2012 .
Basically the hardest part of job is closing the sales and encourage people to purchase our products but
the most enjoyable parts of the job when you learn lots of things through speaking with wide range of people,
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
some products are difficult to sale
Work when ever you can, in-field experiential marketing
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2013
Got to work at Blue Jays games which was terrific. I learnt that 'Marketing' can really mean anything. I loved the brand manager for my particular promotion, and really enjoyed "A FEW" of my co-workers. Some were clearly not happy to be there, while others were as excited as I was.
Pros
free blue jays games
Cons
very hot days we were still required to work, difficult or rude interactions with people, mediocre pay
fast paced, energetic enviroments
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2015
SDI utilizies strong experiential tactic to build relationships with clients and this is a great place to work and build team/leadership skills.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
limited programs
Fun to work but not for too long
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 16, 2012
Company is in Ontario we just contact to company through ph calls or email. Company works on promotion only and this promotion ends in October and we don't know anything about our new promotion.
Pros
double commission on sundays
Cons
max 7hrs/day no overtime either. flexible hours is also available

2.9