SDI Marketing Employee Reviews

Very Bad!! stay away
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 June 2017
they, first of all, promised me more money then they ended up paying me and they were so disorganized. I didn't receive any direct deposit info until 2 days after I started and it took me 3 whole months to receive payment from them. very scammy and almost didn't get all my money
Fun place to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 May 2017
Working with SDI was really good for me because it helped me open myself up more, got me pushing myself to do new things.
We did a contest, where you could win free groceries for a year, we would use ipads to sign them up for the contest and then have a tablet to sign them up for a mastercard.
Environnement de travail agreable
Représentant des ventes temps plein (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 May 2017
bonne compétence
bonne aptitude avec le service a la clientel
la motivation pour avoir une bonne rentabilité a l'entreprise
travailler autonome et responsable professionnellement
répondre aux besoins des clients
utiliser une tablette intelligente pour rentrer toutes les informations confidentiel d'une façon sécuritaire et professionnel
Pros
bonne competence
Cons
le salaire insuffisant
Overall neutral standing review
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlantic, NS12 April 2017
Good company with good moral standards and ethics, but no room for advancement and poor communication throughout management, HR and Head Office. No room for growth.
Pros
Fun people to talk to and work with.
Cons
No benefits, paid time off extended travel.
Perfect work place to know about updating new phone technologies
Mobile Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 March 2017
This work keep us busy to solve customer's different problem with their phone devices. Everyday we learn new problem Technics. We meet new customers everyday.
productive and informative and all around interesting fun place to work
Sales Representative/Saskatchewan Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 March 2017
A look at different products from different financial companies and learn and teach how to the sell that certain product and at work the interaction with people you've never met before, its very fun and educating. managing the group of sales reps was a challenge that i made easy by putting together a small step guid to help the reps and the best part is working with everyone and working close together to go above and beyond our set goals.
good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 February 2017
good experience to work at different locations.working in team has polished my skills more. full staff is amazing
best experience!
Unethical Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
Very unethical company.all they teach you is to mislead and missell credit cards to customers to attain sales goals

Lot of pay issues with poor payroll systems which the CEO Roy does not care. I believe the banks like PC financial , MBNA and others need to think twice before doing business with these guys.bcoz all these guys are doing is leaving a bitter taste in everyone's mouth

I would advise any job seeker to never look for employment in this organization.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay issues, uethical business practises
Worst Company in this world
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2017
Guys, never go this company. They did not pay me at all for whatever time I worked for them. I had no option but to take them to the labout boards. Even after that, they are arguing about paying me and giving all the lame excuses to them about not paying.

Now, they are given a final order by labour boards to release pay. I am really surprised at the fact that such companies operate in canada fearlessly breaking all the employment laws. I strongly recommed any job seeker to never try or even apply for employment here ever.
Pros
Easily hired
Cons
No Pay, no job stability, no growth, false promises, unethical
Fun working environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
Overall good working atmosphere.
Flexible hours and locations.
Would recommend for future jobs.
Good pay. Fast and easy on boarding process.
Experiential excellence
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 September 2016
One of the best experiential marketing companies around. Even well after working there I can see the same attention to detail and passion into every program and execution I've seen afterwards. Creative and inspirational are a few words to describe them, and will never let you down as a client. Amazing company
Superviseur
Représentante des ventes (Former Employee) –  St. Jerome, QC16 September 2016
Si j'avait plus de carte de crédit que la superviseur elle aimait pas ça elle me donnait une horaire de soir ou les jours qui a le moins de gens. J'ai gagner des concours et ne jamais recevoir le prix. La superviseur ma traiter de voleuse quand la tablette pour entrer les information des clients était défectueuse je devait les remplir papier et bien souvent il me manquait des demande
Fun workplace with Ping Pong Table
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2016
This company is great because they do a wide variety of events for their clients. The company enjoys a lot of fun activities to develop and maintain the culture at work.
Pros
Many cool events and free food.
Cons
No promotions and salary increases are tough to get
New and exciting learning atmosphere
Part Time - Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2016
A typical work day started at around 10am but I arrived at 9:30am to set up my station. We spent a solid 5 to 6 hours a day promote the alumni MasterCard from TD bank to students and visitors of the University of Toronto bookstore.

I learned what is important when in charge of a promotional campaign and what it means to be presentable. My manager helped me fine-tune everything in terms of appeal and standards held by the company.

My co-workers and I were in a competitive environment that was intimidating at first but later on became more of a personal development kind of atmosphere. We supported each other and helped each other reach better sales targets.

The hardest part of my job was the initial phases when i would try to approach potential customers and subsequently be completely ignored due to lack of interest. It made me grow in confidence and self-acceptance as I got used to it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team dynamic and learning how to market the Alumni MasterCard to different people for their unique needs and walks of life. Bonuses for meeting targets helped too.
Pros
Working with motivated individuals who helped me achieve more than I thought I could.
Cons
Facing rejection daily, not being guaranteed to meet sales targets, lack of advancement opportunities.
A good place to start
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
If you are a recent graduate and want to get your foot in the door, SDI is the place for you. The corporate office has the look and feel of a student campus. The work load can be overwhelming and the deadlines are tight but it teaches you a lot.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful, but I cant say the same about upper management, they demand results without providing any direction.
The job is overall a lot of fun with social events and beer Fridays, the only awkward part is when someone gets fired, and that happens quite frequently.
Pros
Great to get started in the marketing world
Cons
Mediocre pay, no bonuses and not a corporate environment at all.
bonne expérience et bonne formation
Représentant en ventes à SDI Marketing (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 February 2016
Les journées de travail sont longues et il y a beaucoup d'interaction avec les clients. il faut donc avoir le sens de la répartie,savoir convaincre les clients et ne pas dépasser les limites.
l'aspect le plus agréable c'est qu'on doit être en mesure d'approcher la clientèle et interagir avec ces derniers.
le plus difficile restera les clients désagréables on se doit de garder le sourire malgré toutes remarques.
Pros
Bonis aux ventes
Cons
Rester debout durant de longues heures
Fun work place with table tennis
Experiential Team (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2016
Self reliance type work, not so structured. Relax focused atmosphere. Open office concept. good people and knowledgable staff.
Pros
Good people, relaxed business office
Cons
pay
Great place for sales people. Salary+commission+earning potential
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2015
Great place for sales people. Salary+commission+earning potential.

You have to stand 8 hours on your feet. Cold calling and extensive prospecting involved. Good commission system.
Great place to work alongside great people.
Rep/Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 October 2015
A friendly environment where everyone looks out for one another. Team members ensure that you are prepared for whatever the day brings, and experience a company like SDI provides employees with is just phenomenal. One of a kind.
Direct sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 September 2015
Direct sales and interacting with lots of people. Metting with a wide range of people and having fun and work together. Learned a lot of about people and their sales attitudes.
Pros
Variable timings
Cons
Work weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SDI Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9