SDI Marketing Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
A good place to start
Account Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
Pros: Great to get started in the marketing world
Cons: Mediocre pay, no bonuses and not a corporate environment at all.
If you are a recent graduate and want to get your foot in the door, SDI is the place for you. The corporate office has the look and feel of a student campus. The work load can be overwhelming and the deadlines are tight but it teaches you a lot.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful, but I cant say the same about upper management, they demand results without providing any direction.
The job is overall a lot of fun with social events and beer Fridays, the only awkward part is when someone gets fired, and that happens quite frequently.
Great place for sales people. Salary+commission+earning potential
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
Great place for sales people. Salary+commission+earning potential.

You have to stand 8 hours on your feet. Cold calling and extensive prospecting involved. Good commission system.
Fun work place with table tennis
Experiential Team (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Pros: Good people, relaxed business office
Cons: pay
Self reliance type work, not so structured. Relax focused atmosphere. Open office concept. good people and knowledgable staff.
Great place to work alongside great people.
Rep/Ambassador (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONOctober 17, 2015
A friendly environment where everyone looks out for one another. Team members ensure that you are prepared for whatever the day brings, and experience a company like SDI provides employees with is just phenomenal. One of a kind.
Direct sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 16, 2015
Pros: Variable timings
Cons: Work weekends
Direct sales and interacting with lots of people. Metting with a wide range of people and having fun and work together. Learned a lot of about people and their sales attitudes.
Energetic team
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 12, 2015
Very energetic and excellent team.Great in handling large volume of people during the events of the SDI. I learned a lot from them thru talking to a lot of prospects. And the most enjoyable part of the job is i get commission from every leads i get.
SDI Marketing - an excellent organization that provides opportunity
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great exposure to a multitude of clients
Cons: always on the clock - nights, weekends, holidays.
SDI Marketing is an innovative and exciting company to work for, during my 6+ years with SDI I have been exposed to multiple clients and accounts ranging from communications to professional sports to consumer goods.

I am looking for the next step in my career and looking to waive "one flag" vs multiple clients, with an organization that I can feel passionate about and bring my experience to.

Thank you for your consideration in advance.

Best,

Ray.
Productive and excellent work environment. Employee culture is amazing.
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
SDI Marketing is a great place to work. I love coming into work everyday and working with an excellent Human Resources team. The employee culture of SDI Marketing makes it a great environment to be in.
fast paced, energetic enviroments
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2015
Pros: Flex hours
Cons: limited programs
SDI utilizies strong experiential tactic to build relationships with clients and this is a great place to work and build team/leadership skills.
Bran Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 26, 2015
Very busy and dynamic work locations. Friendly training staff and flexible work schedules. LCBO and Beer Store managerial staff were very helpful. Hardest part of the job is buying ice and carrying all equipment to the store. Also handling customers that will not leave.
Working for SDI was a great experience, I would suggest it anyone
Team Lead (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Working for SDI was a great experience as my first employer in the marketing industry. The skills that I picked up worked well for me in my future aspirations in the marketing field.
not always as it seems
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 12, 2014
Pros: work at your own pace, schedule
Cons: travel, lies and miscommunication
I was required to do certain things in my job to get people to sign up for credit cards, this alone is not an easy task as many people are leery of travelling salesmen. I learned that everything I was taught in my 3h training was not really all that was required in the job, I worked by myself for the most part and was responsible for what I did during shift.
My management was in a city that was 2 away from me so we only ever had contact via text or email. And then that was very sparse contact.
I was lied to about the requirements and job description, and was demanded to travel to keep up quotas, which was impossible to do as a single mother. They expected me to spend a week or two away at a time, which was not something that was possible at the time and was given the option to do as they wanted or leave.
Terrible Management
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: paid kms
Cons: poor management and organization
Worked for this company and the only positive thing was the actual work in field. Everything behind the scenes was terrible. Management is dishonest, and doesn't seem to care about employees. I volunteered to help with a mistake made by the manager... Little did I know, he had blamed the mistake on me.

I have never written a poor review about anything, so I think that says enough. I'm also told they are terrible with pay, but I guess I will find out about that in 2 weeks.
Nice gig
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2015
Great gig if you like something flexible to fill in the gaps. Learned a lot about brands. Must be active and have a good personality.
Prodctive learning Environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBMay 24, 2014
Pros: work in energetic places ie; malls or shopping stores, great pay
Cons: long hours on your feet
Great salary, $12 an hour is wonderful. You have to work standing all day and make sales by pitching ideas to random people. Sale number does count because commission, but if you try your best, you will get results, little but good enough. You might get discouraged due to low sales, but effort pays, and you will get over it.
Fun workplace and helping team
In-Store Sales Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: base pay fixed + commision based on team hardwork
Cons: long hours upto 12 and little time for lunch
It was a fun team environment and the sales was in-store. We promoted an internationally known brand and each team member had its own tablet on which we entered the information from the customer. Mangement was very effective and there was lots to learn about customers and their preferences, their behaviour and their goals. The other team members were very friendly, helping and always kept the enviroment fun. The hardest part was to convince an unconvinced customer about the brand that we were promoting. The most enjoyable part was when the customer agreed and liked our product.
Work when ever you can, in-field experiential marketing
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 20, 2013
Pros: free blue jays games
Cons: very hot days we were still required to work, difficult or rude interactions with people, mediocre pay
Got to work at Blue Jays games which was terrific. I learnt that 'Marketing' can really mean anything. I loved the brand manager for my particular promotion, and really enjoyed "A FEW" of my co-workers. Some were clearly not happy to be there, while others were as excited as I was.
Hard work but interesting meeting new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Moncton, NBAugust 11, 2012
A typical day at work would consist of walking around the store to hand out coupons to people willing to sign up for credit card. I learned how to debate the benefits of the card to suit peoples life styles. There was not very good management hard to talk to for information. You basically worked by yourself. The hardest part of the the job was the pushing of the credit cards the most enjoyable was meeting new and different people and listening to what they had to say.
Social, fast paced work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 27, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, performance bonuses, social environment
Cons: worked outside during winter
At SDI Marketing I worked with the direct sales force. I was responsible with the task of signing off credit cards. I politely interacted with potential customers constantly. I Learned to manipulate a market that was rarely interested in my product. Because this job paid mainly commission I have learned to work well in a timely manner under pressure. This was a very enjoyable job as I got to speak with people all day, although this did on occasion take its toll as most people did not want my product. I had to properly explain my product's functions, as well as its benefits to each individual customer.
Fun workplace
Customer Service / Team Lead (Former Employee), Woodstock, NBSeptember 24, 2012
I really enjoyed each and everyday during my duration of working for SDI Marketing. I provided a wide variety of knowledge promoting PC Financial products. I talked to so many people throughout the 10 months I was there. I learned new things everyday as well as teaching my staff what I had learned. One of the most difficult things I had to do was letting staff go.