SDI Marketing Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Energetic team
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 12, 2015
Very energetic and excellent team.Great in handling large volume of people during the events of the SDI. I learned a lot from them thru talking to a lot of prospects. And the most enjoyable part of the job is i get commission from every leads i get.
fast paced, energetic enviroments
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 20, 2015
Pros: Flex hours
Cons: limited programs
SDI utilizies strong experiential tactic to build relationships with clients and this is a great place to work and build team/leadership skills.
Nice gig
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 13, 2015
Great gig if you like something flexible to fill in the gaps. Learned a lot about brands. Must be active and have a good personality.
Productive and excellent work environment. Employee culture is amazing.
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
SDI Marketing is a great place to work. I love coming into work everyday and working with an excellent Human Resources team. The employee culture of SDI Marketing makes it a great environment to be in.
SDI Marketing - an excellent organization that provides opportunity
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great exposure to a multitude of clients
Cons: always on the clock - nights, weekends, holidays.
SDI Marketing is an innovative and exciting company to work for, during my 6+ years with SDI I have been exposed to multiple clients and accounts ranging from communications to professional sports to consumer goods.

I am looking for the next step in my career and looking to waive "one flag" vs multiple clients, with an organization that I can feel passionate about and bring my experience to.

Thank you for your consideration in advance.

Best,

Ray.
Working for SDI was a great experience, I would suggest it anyone
Team Lead (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Working for SDI was a great experience as my first employer in the marketing industry. The skills that I picked up worked well for me in my future aspirations in the marketing field.
Bran Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 26, 2015
Very busy and dynamic work locations. Friendly training staff and flexible work schedules. LCBO and Beer Store managerial staff were very helpful. Hardest part of the job is buying ice and carrying all equipment to the store. Also handling customers that will not leave.
I learnt how to manage in a critical situation and learnt a lot of abilities.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBJanuary 15, 2015
I learnt a lot of abilities and sales skills. It was an awesome experience for me..
great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 27, 2014
Pros: they give credit when its due
Cons: different locations
loved working there. Would always work for them. Great place to build a career. learned leadership skills great environment to work
not always as it seems
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 12, 2014
Pros: work at your own pace, schedule
Cons: travel, lies and miscommunication
I was required to do certain things in my job to get people to sign up for credit cards, this alone is not an easy task as many people are leery of travelling salesmen. I learned that everything I was taught in my 3h training was not really all that was required in the job, I worked by myself for the most part and was responsible for what I did during shift.
My management was in a city that was 2 away from me so we only ever had contact via text or email. And then that was very sparse contact.
I was lied to about the requirements and job description, and was demanded to travel to keep up quotas, which was impossible to do as a single mother. They expected me to spend a week or two away at a time, which was not something that was possible at the time and was given the option to do as they wanted or leave.
proffesional
Marketing Rep/Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 12, 2014
Pros: work experience
Cons: constant travel on own vehicle
learned new marketing skills
worked with fortune 500 companies
worked between blue collar and white collar
People Person Position, Competitive Pay
Marketing and promotional coordinator (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 24, 2014
• Design, set up, demonstrate and take down of promotional events
• Working for on premise events
• Interacting with staff and building connections
• Locating products in store and ensure stock level is accurate
Productive and fun yet high energy environment
Sales Representative & Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Great place to work with great people. Extreme leniency yet strict goals to meet. Extremely motivating and highly competitive
bad
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 15, 2014
bad, terrible place and very very bad managers that are unorganized and hypocritical and will do what ever it takes to get you fired if they dont like you.
Terrible Management
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: paid kms
Cons: poor management and organization
Worked for this company and the only positive thing was the actual work in field. Everything behind the scenes was terrible. Management is dishonest, and doesn't seem to care about employees. I volunteered to help with a mistake made by the manager... Little did I know, he had blamed the mistake on me.

I have never written a poor review about anything, so I think that says enough. I'm also told they are terrible with pay, but I guess I will find out about that in 2 weeks.
Enjoyable
Manager/Sales Representative (Former Employee), New BrunswickJune 17, 2014
I enjoyed managing this sales team. As team lead, I was able to challenge myself while maintaining a healthy sales team. A downfall to this position would have been all the travel, as we had to sell our services throughout New Brunswick.
I enjoy working when ever we desire
Merchandizing (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2014
Pros: doing my job with no time restrictions
Cons: overstocking at christmas
I excel in personality with staff and management and I have a great eye for detail
Fun work environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 2, 2014
Pros: competitive
Cons: work outside gas station
Job entails lots of customer interaction and the ability to gain experience in sales.
Prodctive learning Environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fredericton, NBMay 24, 2014
Pros: work in energetic places ie; malls or shopping stores, great pay
Cons: long hours on your feet
Great salary, $12 an hour is wonderful. You have to work standing all day and make sales by pitching ideas to random people. Sale number does count because commission, but if you try your best, you will get results, little but good enough. You might get discouraged due to low sales, but effort pays, and you will get over it.
worked without rush
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 8, 2014
Pros: more hours
Cons: had to approach everyone and say the same thing over and over again
flexible hours
traveled to different locations much often
approaching everyone was a little stressful
did not like it when customers refused the product