SDI Marketing Employee Reviews

Overall neutral standing review
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlantic, NS12 April 2017
Good company with good moral standards and ethics, but no room for advancement and poor communication throughout management, HR and Head Office. No room for growth.
Pros
Fun people to talk to and work with.
Cons
No benefits, paid time off extended travel.
productive and informative and all around interesting fun place to work
Sales Representative/Saskatchewan Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK4 March 2017
A look at different products from different financial companies and learn and teach how to the sell that certain product and at work the interaction with people you've never met before, its very fun and educating. managing the group of sales reps was a challenge that i made easy by putting together a small step guid to help the reps and the best part is working with everyone and working close together to go above and beyond our set goals.
good
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 February 2017
good experience to work at different locations.working in team has polished my skills more. full staff is amazing
best experience!
Unethical Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2017
Very unethical company.all they teach you is to mislead and missell credit cards to customers to attain sales goals

Lot of pay issues with poor payroll systems which the CEO Roy does not care. I believe the banks like PC financial , MBNA and others need to think twice before doing business with these guys.bcoz all these guys are doing is leaving a bitter taste in everyone's mouth

I would advise any job seeker to never look for employment in this organization.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay issues, uethical business practises
Worst Company in this world
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2017
Guys, never go this company. They did not pay me at all for whatever time I worked for them. I had no option but to take them to the labout boards. Even after that, they are arguing about paying me and giving all the lame excuses to them about not paying.

Now, they are given a final order by labour boards to release pay. I am really surprised at the fact that such companies operate in canada fearlessly breaking all the employment laws. I strongly recommed any job seeker to never try or even apply for employment here ever.
Pros
Easily hired
Cons
No Pay, no job stability, no growth, false promises, unethical
Fun working environment
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
Overall good working atmosphere.
Flexible hours and locations.
Would recommend for future jobs.
Good pay. Fast and easy on boarding process.
Experiential excellence
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 September 2016
One of the best experiential marketing companies around. Even well after working there I can see the same attention to detail and passion into every program and execution I've seen afterwards. Creative and inspirational are a few words to describe them, and will never let you down as a client. Amazing company
Fun workplace with Ping Pong Table
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2016
This company is great because they do a wide variety of events for their clients. The company enjoys a lot of fun activities to develop and maintain the culture at work.
Pros
Many cool events and free food.
Cons
No promotions and salary increases are tough to get
New and exciting learning atmosphere
Part Time - Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2016
A typical work day started at around 10am but I arrived at 9:30am to set up my station. We spent a solid 5 to 6 hours a day promote the alumni MasterCard from TD bank to students and visitors of the University of Toronto bookstore.

I learned what is important when in charge of a promotional campaign and what it means to be presentable. My manager helped me fine-tune everything in terms of appeal and standards held by the company.

My co-workers and I were in a competitive environment that was intimidating at first but later on became more of a personal development kind of atmosphere. We supported each other and helped each other reach better sales targets.

The hardest part of my job was the initial phases when i would try to approach potential customers and subsequently be completely ignored due to lack of interest. It made me grow in confidence and self-acceptance as I got used to it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team dynamic and learning how to market the Alumni MasterCard to different people for their unique needs and walks of life. Bonuses for meeting targets helped too.
Pros
Working with motivated individuals who helped me achieve more than I thought I could.
Cons
Facing rejection daily, not being guaranteed to meet sales targets, lack of advancement opportunities.
A good place to start
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
If you are a recent graduate and want to get your foot in the door, SDI is the place for you. The corporate office has the look and feel of a student campus. The work load can be overwhelming and the deadlines are tight but it teaches you a lot.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful, but I cant say the same about upper management, they demand results without providing any direction.
The job is overall a lot of fun with social events and beer Fridays, the only awkward part is when someone gets fired, and that happens quite frequently.
Pros
Great to get started in the marketing world
Cons
Mediocre pay, no bonuses and not a corporate environment at all.
Fun work place with table tennis
Experiential Team (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2016
Self reliance type work, not so structured. Relax focused atmosphere. Open office concept. good people and knowledgable staff.
Pros
Good people, relaxed business office
Cons
pay
Great place for sales people. Salary+commission+earning potential
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2015
Great place for sales people. Salary+commission+earning potential.

You have to stand 8 hours on your feet. Cold calling and extensive prospecting involved. Good commission system.
Great place to work alongside great people.
Rep/Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 October 2015
A friendly environment where everyone looks out for one another. Team members ensure that you are prepared for whatever the day brings, and experience a company like SDI provides employees with is just phenomenal. One of a kind.
Direct sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 September 2015
Direct sales and interacting with lots of people. Metting with a wide range of people and having fun and work together. Learned a lot of about people and their sales attitudes.
Pros
Variable timings
Cons
Work weekends
Energetic team
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2015
Very energetic and excellent team.Great in handling large volume of people during the events of the SDI. I learned a lot from them thru talking to a lot of prospects. And the most enjoyable part of the job is i get commission from every leads i get.
fast paced, energetic enviroments
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2015
SDI utilizies strong experiential tactic to build relationships with clients and this is a great place to work and build team/leadership skills.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
limited programs
Nice gig
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2015
Great gig if you like something flexible to fill in the gaps. Learned a lot about brands. Must be active and have a good personality.
Productive and excellent work environment. Employee culture is amazing.
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2015
SDI Marketing is a great place to work. I love coming into work everyday and working with an excellent Human Resources team. The employee culture of SDI Marketing makes it a great environment to be in.
SDI Marketing - an excellent organization that provides opportunity
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2015
SDI Marketing is an innovative and exciting company to work for, during my 6+ years with SDI I have been exposed to multiple clients and accounts ranging from communications to professional sports to consumer goods.

I am looking for the next step in my career and looking to waive "one flag" vs multiple clients, with an organization that I can feel passionate about and bring my experience to.

Thank you for your consideration in advance.

Best,

Ray.
Pros
Great exposure to a multitude of clients
Cons
Always on the clock - nights, weekends, holidays.
Working for SDI was a great experience, I would suggest it anyone
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2015
Working for SDI was a great experience as my first employer in the marketing industry. The skills that I picked up worked well for me in my future aspirations in the marketing field.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SDI Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8