SDI Marketing Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with Ping Pong Table
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 22, 2016
This company is great because they do a wide variety of events for their clients. The company enjoys a lot of fun activities to develop and maintain the culture at work.
Pros
Many cool events and free food.
Cons
No promotions and salary increases are tough to get
A good place to start
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 31, 2016
If you are a recent graduate and want to get your foot in the door, SDI is the place for you. The corporate office has the look and feel of a student campus. The work load can be overwhelming and the deadlines are tight but it teaches you a lot.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful, but I cant say the same about upper management, they demand results without providing any direction.
The job is overall a lot of fun with social events and beer Fridays, the only awkward part is when someone gets fired, and that happens quite frequently.
Pros
Great to get started in the marketing world
Cons
Mediocre pay, no bonuses and not a corporate environment at all.
Fun work place with table tennis
Experiential Team (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Self reliance type work, not so structured. Relax focused atmosphere. Open office concept. good people and knowledgable staff.
Pros
Good people, relaxed business office
Cons
pay
Great place for sales people. Salary+commission+earning potential
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
Great place for sales people. Salary+commission+earning potential.

You have to stand 8 hours on your feet. Cold calling and extensive prospecting involved. Good commission system.
Great place to work alongside great people.
Rep/Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONOctober 17, 2015
A friendly environment where everyone looks out for one another. Team members ensure that you are prepared for whatever the day brings, and experience a company like SDI provides employees with is just phenomenal. One of a kind.
Direct sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 16, 2015
Direct sales and interacting with lots of people. Metting with a wide range of people and having fun and work together. Learned a lot of about people and their sales attitudes.
Pros
Variable timings
Cons
Work weekends
Energetic team
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBAugust 12, 2015
Very energetic and excellent team.Great in handling large volume of people during the events of the SDI. I learned a lot from them thru talking to a lot of prospects. And the most enjoyable part of the job is i get commission from every leads i get.
fast paced, energetic enviroments
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 20, 2015
SDI utilizies strong experiential tactic to build relationships with clients and this is a great place to work and build team/leadership skills.
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
limited programs
Nice gig
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2015
Great gig if you like something flexible to fill in the gaps. Learned a lot about brands. Must be active and have a good personality.
Productive and excellent work environment. Employee culture is amazing.
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 2, 2015
SDI Marketing is a great place to work. I love coming into work everyday and working with an excellent Human Resources team. The employee culture of SDI Marketing makes it a great environment to be in.
SDI Marketing - an excellent organization that provides opportunity
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 11, 2015
SDI Marketing is an innovative and exciting company to work for, during my 6+ years with SDI I have been exposed to multiple clients and accounts ranging from communications to professional sports to consumer goods.

I am looking for the next step in my career and looking to waive "one flag" vs multiple clients, with an organization that I can feel passionate about and bring my experience to.

Thank you for your consideration in advance.

Best,

Ray.
Pros
great exposure to a multitude of clients
Cons
always on the clock - nights, weekends, holidays.
Working for SDI was a great experience, I would suggest it anyone
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 15, 2015
Working for SDI was a great experience as my first employer in the marketing industry. The skills that I picked up worked well for me in my future aspirations in the marketing field.
Bran Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioJanuary 26, 2015
Very busy and dynamic work locations. Friendly training staff and flexible work schedules. LCBO and Beer Store managerial staff were very helpful. Hardest part of the job is buying ice and carrying all equipment to the store. Also handling customers that will not leave.
I learnt how to manage in a critical situation and learnt a lot of abilities.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 15, 2015
I learnt a lot of abilities and sales skills. It was an awesome experience for me..
great place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 27, 2014
loved working there. Would always work for them. Great place to build a career. learned leadership skills great environment to work
Pros
they give credit when its due
Cons
different locations
not always as it seems
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSNovember 12, 2014
I was required to do certain things in my job to get people to sign up for credit cards, this alone is not an easy task as many people are leery of travelling salesmen. I learned that everything I was taught in my 3h training was not really all that was required in the job, I worked by myself for the most part and was responsible for what I did during shift.
My management was in a city that was 2 away from me so we only ever had contact via text or email. And then that was very sparse contact.
I was lied to about the requirements and job description, and was demanded to travel to keep up quotas, which was impossible to do as a single mother. They expected me to spend a week or two away at a time, which was not something that was possible at the time and was given the option to do as they wanted or leave.
Pros
work at your own pace, schedule
Cons
travel, lies and miscommunication
proffesional
Marketing Rep/Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSOctober 12, 2014
learned new marketing skills
worked with fortune 500 companies
worked between blue collar and white collar
Pros
work experience
Cons
constant travel on own vehicle
Productive and fun yet high energy environment
Sales Representative & Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 16, 2014
Great place to work with great people. Extreme leniency yet strict goals to meet. Extremely motivating and highly competitive
bad
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 15, 2014
bad, terrible place and very very bad managers that are unorganized and hypocritical and will do what ever it takes to get you fired if they dont like you.
Terrible Management
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 1, 2014
Worked for this company and the only positive thing was the actual work in field. Everything behind the scenes was terrible. Management is dishonest, and doesn't seem to care about employees. I volunteered to help with a mistake made by the manager... Little did I know, he had blamed the mistake on me.

I have never written a poor review about anything, so I think that says enough. I'm also told they are terrible with pay, but I guess I will find out about that in 2 weeks.
Pros
paid kms
Cons
poor management and organization

2.9