SDI Marketing Employee Reviews

A good place to start
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 March 2016
If you are a recent graduate and want to get your foot in the door, SDI is the place for you. The corporate office has the look and feel of a student campus. The work load can be overwhelming and the deadlines are tight but it teaches you a lot.
My co-workers were friendly and helpful, but I cant say the same about upper management, they demand results without providing any direction.
The job is overall a lot of fun with social events and beer Fridays, the only awkward part is when someone gets fired, and that happens quite frequently.
Pros
Great to get started in the marketing world
Cons
Mediocre pay, no bonuses and not a corporate environment at all.
Fun workplace with Ping Pong Table
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2016
This company is great because they do a wide variety of events for their clients. The company enjoys a lot of fun activities to develop and maintain the culture at work.
Pros
Many cool events and free food.
Cons
No promotions and salary increases are tough to get
Great place for sales people. Salary+commission+earning potential
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 December 2015
Great place for sales people. Salary+commission+earning potential.

You have to stand 8 hours on your feet. Cold calling and extensive prospecting involved. Good commission system.
Fun work place with table tennis
Experiential Team (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2016
Self reliance type work, not so structured. Relax focused atmosphere. Open office concept. good people and knowledgable staff.
Pros
Good people, relaxed business office
Cons
pay
New and exciting learning atmosphere
Part Time - Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 May 2016
A typical work day started at around 10am but I arrived at 9:30am to set up my station. We spent a solid 5 to 6 hours a day promote the alumni MasterCard from TD bank to students and visitors of the University of Toronto bookstore.

I learned what is important when in charge of a promotional campaign and what it means to be presentable. My manager helped me fine-tune everything in terms of appeal and standards held by the company.

My co-workers and I were in a competitive environment that was intimidating at first but later on became more of a personal development kind of atmosphere. We supported each other and helped each other reach better sales targets.

The hardest part of my job was the initial phases when i would try to approach potential customers and subsequently be completely ignored due to lack of interest. It made me grow in confidence and self-acceptance as I got used to it.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the team dynamic and learning how to market the Alumni MasterCard to different people for their unique needs and walks of life. Bonuses for meeting targets helped too.
Pros
Working with motivated individuals who helped me achieve more than I thought I could.
Cons
Facing rejection daily, not being guaranteed to meet sales targets, lack of advancement opportunities.
Great place to work alongside great people.
Rep/Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON17 October 2015
A friendly environment where everyone looks out for one another. Team members ensure that you are prepared for whatever the day brings, and experience a company like SDI provides employees with is just phenomenal. One of a kind.
Energetic team
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 August 2015
Very energetic and excellent team.Great in handling large volume of people during the events of the SDI. I learned a lot from them thru talking to a lot of prospects. And the most enjoyable part of the job is i get commission from every leads i get.
Direct sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 September 2015
Direct sales and interacting with lots of people. Metting with a wide range of people and having fun and work together. Learned a lot of about people and their sales attitudes.
Pros
Variable timings
Cons
Work weekends
SDI Marketing - an excellent organization that provides opportunity
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2015
SDI Marketing is an innovative and exciting company to work for, during my 6+ years with SDI I have been exposed to multiple clients and accounts ranging from communications to professional sports to consumer goods.

I am looking for the next step in my career and looking to waive "one flag" vs multiple clients, with an organization that I can feel passionate about and bring my experience to.

Thank you for your consideration in advance.

Best,

Ray.
Pros
Great exposure to a multitude of clients
Cons
Always on the clock - nights, weekends, holidays.
Terrible Management
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 September 2014
Worked for this company and the only positive thing was the actual work in field. Everything behind the scenes was terrible. Management is dishonest, and doesn't seem to care about employees. I volunteered to help with a mistake made by the manager... Little did I know, he had blamed the mistake on me.

I have never written a poor review about anything, so I think that says enough. I'm also told they are terrible with pay, but I guess I will find out about that in 2 weeks.
Pros
Paid kms
Cons
Poor management and organization
Fun workplace and helping team
In-Store Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 January 2014
It was a fun team environment and the sales was in-store. We promoted an internationally known brand and each team member had its own tablet on which we entered the information from the customer. Mangement was very effective and there was lots to learn about customers and their preferences, their behaviour and their goals. The other team members were very friendly, helping and always kept the enviroment fun. The hardest part was to convince an unconvinced customer about the brand that we were promoting. The most enjoyable part was when the customer agreed and liked our product.
Pros
base pay fixed + commision based on team hardwork
Cons
long hours upto 12 and little time for lunch
Hard work but interesting meeting new people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB11 August 2012
A typical day at work would consist of walking around the store to hand out coupons to people willing to sign up for credit card. I learned how to debate the benefits of the card to suit peoples life styles. There was not very good management hard to talk to for information. You basically worked by yourself. The hardest part of the the job was the pushing of the credit cards the most enjoyable was meeting new and different people and listening to what they had to say.
Prodctive learning Environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB24 May 2014
Great salary, $12 an hour is wonderful. You have to work standing all day and make sales by pitching ideas to random people. Sale number does count because commission, but if you try your best, you will get results, little but good enough. You might get discouraged due to low sales, but effort pays, and you will get over it.
Pros
work in energetic places ie; malls or shopping stores, great pay
Cons
long hours on your feet
Social, fast paced work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 November 2012
At SDI Marketing I worked with the direct sales force. I was responsible with the task of signing off credit cards. I politely interacted with potential customers constantly. I Learned to manipulate a market that was rarely interested in my product. Because this job paid mainly commission I have learned to work well in a timely manner under pressure. This was a very enjoyable job as I got to speak with people all day, although this did on occasion take its toll as most people did not want my product. I had to properly explain my product's functions, as well as its benefits to each individual customer.
Pros
flexible hours, performance bonuses, social environment
Cons
worked outside during winter
Work when ever you can, in-field experiential marketing
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2013
Got to work at Blue Jays games which was terrific. I learnt that 'Marketing' can really mean anything. I loved the brand manager for my particular promotion, and really enjoyed "A FEW" of my co-workers. Some were clearly not happy to be there, while others were as excited as I was.
Pros
Free blue jays games
Cons
Very hot days we were still required to work, difficult or rude interactions with people, mediocre pay
Fun workplace
Customer Service / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, NB24 September 2012
I really enjoyed each and everyday during my duration of working for SDI Marketing. I provided a wide variety of knowledge promoting PC Financial products. I talked to so many people throughout the 10 months I was there. I learned new things everyday as well as teaching my staff what I had learned. One of the most difficult things I had to do was letting staff go.
Productive and excellent work environment. Employee culture is amazing.
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2015
SDI Marketing is a great place to work. I love coming into work everyday and working with an excellent Human Resources team. The employee culture of SDI Marketing makes it a great environment to be in.
not always as it seems
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS12 November 2014
I was required to do certain things in my job to get people to sign up for credit cards, this alone is not an easy task as many people are leery of travelling salesmen. I learned that everything I was taught in my 3h training was not really all that was required in the job, I worked by myself for the most part and was responsible for what I did during shift.
My management was in a city that was 2 away from me so we only ever had contact via text or email. And then that was very sparse contact.
I was lied to about the requirements and job description, and was demanded to travel to keep up quotas, which was impossible to do as a single mother. They expected me to spend a week or two away at a time, which was not something that was possible at the time and was given the option to do as they wanted or leave.
Pros
work at your own pace, schedule
Cons
travel, lies and miscommunication
Greeat Company!
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2012
Being able to work for SDI marketing is probably one of the most promising times i've had as an employee for a company. This company ensures safety for their employees, understands their employees needs, concerns and other problems the employees may have faced. Overall, being able to work as an employee for SDI marketing is just amazing.
Bran Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario26 January 2015
Very busy and dynamic work locations. Friendly training staff and flexible work schedules. LCBO and Beer Store managerial staff were very helpful. Hardest part of the job is buying ice and carrying all equipment to the store. Also handling customers that will not leave.

2.9