Scouts Canada Employee Reviews

outdoor
Group member at the Rovers level (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 October 2017
we use camp in any weather and we go for hike, kayak, canoe, bike, rock climb, ice climb, trip across Canada, see thing ( animal, fish), go to event place.
Very Fun, Great Memories
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Mille-Isles, QC7 September 2017
When you are working as a counselor, there is a lot of work that needs to be done. Never the less, there are a lot of fun activities and people working. There are a lot of youth that help direct and lead the activites if you need it. Very accepting for whomever you are. Be a role model/ leader.
Fun and challenging
Beaver Leader (Current Employee) –  Calgary Alberta27 August 2017
As a volunteer for Scouts Canada, I have learned how to take better care of children, work with other leader members and create a welcoming environment. As a leader, I was able to spend lots of time helping the children learn to work well with their peers, encourage each other to be their best and to, most importantly, love being there and what they're doing. As well, I was a part of the activity decision making, the organization, the planning and I did this all in cooperation with the various leaders so it really helped me, as a teenager, to develop some great people and working skills. It was an amazing experience and I hope to do it again this upcoming year!
Pros
Spent lots of time with kids and helped them grow as human beings.
Cons
None.
Great Volunteering Opportunity
Canadian Jamboree 2013 Offer of Service (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB5 August 2017
The Scouts Canada groups work with the local communities for the benefit of the children and the organizers.

If one finds a extremely active group, they can sometimes go to a Jamboree, which is a great experience for everyone, both helping and participating, by meeting new people across the country and sometimes around the world. Gains insight of the magnitude of the world.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON4 August 2017
jfdsn ioifub sfsi fg yaso fhsdauiofy asduio fyhasduio fsdhaiofh asduiofyh sau fsdah fiasdh fujasdhfjasdhfisda fs af yhsdaiof hasduofhau fhasduhfioasd p fsdah
Pros
poor
Cons
poor
It's a volunteer organization
Adult /Youth Beaver Scout Leader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 July 2017
It's a volunteer job that I enjoy doing, it has to do with children, and Scouts, Leading children to become great members of society and teaching them life skills like how to camp, cook, prepare a meal, doing crafts and other things.
Nice environment and enjoyable work
Scout Leader (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC8 July 2017
I worked with young kids - 6-7 years old - and learnt a lot about dealing with young kids. I learnt how to handle tough kids and how to take initiative. I was encouraged to take control of activities and plan stuff for the kids. I enjoyed all of the outings that the scouts went on.
Pros
Fun activities
Cons
Tough kids
Fun people
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 June 2017
I have worked in the Shop for many years and still enjoy going to work. I have a full-time M-F job and work casually with Scouts just to stay part of the team.

It's a great organization, with fantastic people.
A good program
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON1 May 2017
A good program to put children into, other than after school programs it's a good way to get children of any age out and engaging with others. Camping is always fun and the skills you learn in the program are applicable in everyday life. It'a a great way to make new friends outside of school and if continuing in scouting, can keep learning skills and enjoying new experiences with other scouting groups in the area.
Love working with the kids
Cub scout leader (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON23 April 2017
I love hiking camping and being a role model so I wanted to give back to the community so I joined scouts Canada to do that.I love how the kids look at me like a role model love to watch them grow and learn new thinks every day
Pros
Free camping trips
Cons
There is none
Fun Work environment
Off Season Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON17 February 2017
While working for Scouts Canada I was the personal relations and media coordinator, it was my duty to ensure all customers had a good week and wanted to return.
Scout Participant
Patrol Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario28 December 2016
Scout Participant
Participated in scouting events, International Scout Jamborees.
Patrol Leader
Lead my patrol in planning events and co-ordinating with other patrols.
fun place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON26 July 2016
Great organization to volunteer. Many opportunities to learn new skills both as an individual as well as part of a team environment.
everyone should get involved
quartermaster/grounds keeping (Current Employee) –  dorchestor25 July 2016
this is a organization that has only grew in its time and has helped men and women across the globe...people helping people from big to small and each and everyone in between ...
Pros
meet people from across the world
Cons
leaving them till next time
Amazing experience
Leader (Former Employee) –  scouts hq28 June 2016
Overall volunteering for scouts canada was an incredible experience. I learned many new skills and got to meet so many different people from all over the country!
Great Workplace
Scout Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2016
Great workplace, whole team got along great there really wasn't a hard part of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job, was having fun everyday at the meetings and seeing everyone else enjoy themselves.
Scouts Canada review
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 April 2016
Although I haven't had really any experience; I am trying to get my very first job and learn new things and work different jobs to see what I actually am interested in. how could I get a job for my life without an experience? I am very willing to try anything and give it my 100%. with scouts Canada I volunteered and I like working with children there so upbeat and fun to play with and I enjoy learning what they know, I mainly helped them with there crafts singed and danced with them, I also prepared some neat crafts and they enjoyed that very well.
Pros
Seeing children laugh and smile.
Cons
unrespectful co-volunteers
It's A Great Place To Volunteer
Volunteer Assistant Scout Leader (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON31 January 2016
Its all Volunteer work, you never know what your meeting is going to be like, where your travels are going to take you. With being a leader its a great way to connect with the world, to be with friends that turn into your family later on in life.
Good people
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 June 2015
The people are amazing to work with, the values are also great. I really don't know what else to say here. I'm not sure this section helps me at all.
junior Scout leader
Volunteer Experiences (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON2 June 2015
I am currently a junior scout leader, soon to be a full leader. I help out with the beaver group which is for kids from 5 to 8.