Scout Communications is seeking experienced UX/Front-end developer to join our growing team. This position provides an amazing opportunity to work for an innovative full-service advertising and marketing firm with strength in digital.
The front-end developer will work in a team environment in the design and execution of web and mobile products. This person is a self-starter who is excited to learn and improve his or her skill set in the ever-evolving medium of the web. The ideal candidate is a creative thinker with experience in user experience definition and user interface design.
- You understand why UX and UI need to play nicely in the web and mobile
- You understand that creative design and experience design functions live under one roof.
- You are the evangelist and the architect for the products you work on and you do it
code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects.
- Draw on an advanced knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI; adhere to and
extrapolate complex design systems and apply to coded pages, screens, and states.
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including
smart-phones and tablets.
- Understand when mobile web apps are appropriate as opposed to native applications.
- Collaborating to design and/or build web or native application interfaces from scratch
or using existing assets.
An understanding of key server-side web development concepts through to front-end interface experiences such as:
- Creating visually appealing web pages or interfaces.
- Creating, editing or modifying templates for a CMS or web development framework.
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies.
- Testing for compliance to specified standards such as accessibility standards in the
clients region or domain.
- Conducting observational user testing or reviewing designs against usability.
Have experience with:
- CSS systems to compile style files
- PHP include function to manage common elements
- Version control systems such as GIT
- Analytics solutions, such as Google Analytics
- Developing search-engine-optimized markup
- Commenting code and refining for Standards-compliance when called for
- Progressive Enhancement
- Responsive and Adaptive design and interface building
- Adobe CS5 + software suite or comparable
Work with client services, sales, developers, project managers, and the design team, managing time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline-driven, team environment.
Participate in discussions with clients and team members about technical best practices and help teams identify optimal technical solutions.
Be aware of Agile project management methodology and instill best practices for your discipline into the process.
Hold a Bachelor's degree or higher in a related discipline (preferred but not required). Accumulated a minimum of three years in a front-end development position.
Competitive salary and compensation package, commensurate with experience.
Full benefits after three months. Please email resume and cover letter
No agencies please. No phone calls.