Scout Communications requires an intermediate bookkeeper/office manager who will be responsible for managing all aspects of payroll, invoicing, receivables, payables, bank reconciliation and reporting using QuickBooks as well as general office management for a growing team. Successful candidates will have an amazing opportunity to work for an innovative full-service advertising and marketing firm.
Located in our Calgary office, the incumbent must be able to work within a busy environment, be flexible and adaptable to multiple requirements of the role, and be able to successfully work independently and as part of a team.
Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
1. Prepare monthly invoices
2. Facilitate bi monthly payables
3. Prepare bi monthly payroll
4. Prepare monthly bank reconciliation
5. Prepare monthly credit card reconciliation
6. File HST, WSIB, Payroll remittances, in accordance with CRA filing deadlines.
7. Prepare filing for corporate taxes in accordance with the company accounting firm.
1. Handle incoming calls from customers, suppliers, vendors and place calls when necessary regarding receivables, accounts, etc.
2. Manage the office including overseeing vacation schedules, ordering supplies, overseeing maintenance, etc.
3. Liaise with other departments to ensure client satisfaction and resolution of any issues
4. Build relationships with vendors and source new vendors as needed.
Competencies will include:
1. Previous work experience in a corporate environment
2. Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
3. Ability to prioritize and manage workload demands and multiple tasks as required.
4. Previous experience using Quickbooks and cash flow management tools
5. Excellent skills in MS Office – Excel and Word
6. Previous experience with a service based organization is an asset.
7. 2-3 years experience
Commensurate with experience. Interested? Please send your resume and cover letter. No agencies please. No phone calls. Only candidates selected for interview will be called.