Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Scotiabank
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2017
Reason place to work, lots of changes as it Scotiabank is trying to redefine itself in the banking industry. Overall its a good place to start your career, but may only be a place to start not grow your career
Pros
People
Cons
Long hours, below average pay
Fun workplace
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 January 2017
I have been managing 6 to 8 employees. I train, coach and motivave the employees to achieve and surpass their and branch objectives. Sucessfully acheived the results for the branch with only 2 employees
Pros
Love my team
Cons
Need to do overtime sometimes
Great Workplace
Customer Support Officer/Investigation Officer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2017
Scotiabank has been a great experience, I have learned a lot about Money Transfer and payments. Management has been great for me throughout my years as well as my coworkers. Great people and beautiful environment to work in. Everybody is so nice.

The hardest part of the job is the work volume which can be stressful at times. But the most enjoyable part is that you get to meet new people and make new friends.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Low pay
Many opportunities to grow.
Manager, Strategy & Communication (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2017
Good work-life balance and lots of opportunities to try different roles within the organization. Have held various positions within the organization and taken advantage of many of the varied networking events.
Customers SHOULD come first
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Ab2 January 2017
Worked there for 10 years as customer service rep (teller) new manager came in and informed me my role was NOT customer service anymore but to make her money, she does not care about customers she is just focused on making money. Too many complaints from customers and hard to deal with. Otherwise loved the job, loved the people, lots of changes coming, maybe not all for the best.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Managment
Flexible working time frames
Financial advosor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge2 January 2017
Had a great 35 plus years
Highly recommend
Time management is the key and keeping up with technology is an asset
I was in a position to work flex time which helped balance my family life
Great training
Build very many long lasting loyal relationships

Great team work and great partners to draw upon depending on each clients needs
Pros
Flex time
Cons
Salary under what competition offers
Great Working Atmosphere
Senior Business Analyst, Wealth Management (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2017
The team, the environment and stakeholders were a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend working in this space.
Enjoyable experience
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB21 December 2016
Worked with Scotiabank in several different position in different locations throughout the province of Alberta since 1988.
Non Supportive management
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 December 2016
Was told that my doctors notes that I provided were not sufficient because I went to a walk in clinic. Management did not provide adequate support in order to further career despite success planning in place.
Fun People, Tough Job
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2016
Fun People, Tough Job, customer heavy, Great location, Low Salary, A strong chance of progression within the bank. a lot of opportunities
Pros
People
Cons
Very Low Salary
Low Salary
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  2900 Steeles Ave E15 December 2016
Financial Advisors are getting underpaid for the amount of work they do. Numerous hours talking to customers and cross selling the pay is not adequate to the job.
Pros
Advancment
Cons
Low Salary
Professional
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 December 2016
It is encouraged to help staff achieve their career goals and support and resources are provided .
Manager take lot of interest in progress of each individual.
Summary
Revolving Credit Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2016
Scotiabank does not help their employees nor customers.
Their fascist ways of conducting business have forced them into a issue with customers that may not be able to be mended.
management lack proper training
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2016
management lack proper training. They mistreat employees and offer no support. I tried to reach out for help but my manager kept blocking my attempts.
Good
Client Relationship Manger, Commercial Banking (Current Employee) –  Alberta7 December 2016
Great company. lots of changes right now. but still the best. work is different per department. get to know your coworkers. great bunch.
Good place to work with average pay but above-average benefits.
Retail Mortgage and Loans Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 December 2016
Even with the closure of many regional offices, this remains a good employer. Salary, while average, is offset by numerous benefits such as free banking, employee shared ownership programs, comprehensive insurance (ie: dental/health) and good work/life balances. There are minimum, standard and exceeding standard goals that vary depending on the position. There are opportunities to advance a career but they are generally dependant on your willingness to relocate (unless you live in Toronto).
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Average pay
Great group of co-workers and management!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON6 December 2016
Love working with my co-workers and the clientele is pretty good too.

I've learned a lot from both and just love to work with people!

The management and staff is great, they always try to accommodate and help everyone out as much as possible!!
Pros
I have flexible hours
Senoir Financial Advisor
Senior Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON5 December 2016
Constant changing of managers with different styles of management. Worked there 3.5 year and had 4 different managers. Promises made by one broken by another. Employees constantly coming and going. Not an enoyable long term work place
Pros
Monday-Friday work scehdule
Cons
Untrained managers, constant presure, low wages
Low productivity and too much red tape - IT only
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
Work/Life balance is great.
Salary and benefits are what are expected from a bank.
Job security, very good, they rarely terminate anyone.
Management: no comments
Job Culture:

Everything is in silos, you won't do anything end to end. So expect your resume in the future to have lots of gaps where you have no experience in certain things.
There is a truckload of red tape, things that could take a few days could take weeks easily.
Pros
Work / Life balance
Cons
Technical experience won't improve.
Good Intern Experience
Business Process SME (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 November 2016
Small Projects:
o Ticketing inventory system project: to consolidate past records for comparison and reconciliation using Microsoft Excel.
o Lost and found inventory management project: to reconcile the actual found to actual returns; created monthly employee-wise reports, comparison chart for lost and found against report of actual returns.
o Station Terminal Operations Communication project: at Pearson Airport during their Christmas peak hours, learning the procedures and functioning of the system they used as well as managing last minute critical situations.
o Hands on experience with Customer Service Manager on ramp
Pros
Comfortable Work environment
Cons
Internship only

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.