Scotiabank

Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Team work and sales targets
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJuly 1, 2015
Setup own sales target for each day to achieve monthly goals. Earned lots of commission in busy months, at the end of the year , figured out that one sales person can earn more money than manager with one's hardwork and consistency at work. Help co-workers to achieve their targets and earn good money. Customer service, and clerical jobs are my passion, I love working with MS-Office. I enjoyed help customer to get satisfaction of products and customers helped my with referrals.
fast paced environment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  100 Yonge streetJanuary 26, 2016
My typical day at work was to run the day to day Operations of the Insurance Centers, Assist the Agents with managing their calendars to optimize their time management for customers. Leasing with building management and contractors for various projects that needed to be completed. Ran daily reports for head office management and kept Centre costs down by keep efficient record of invoices and expenses .
Pros
Good core values
Cons
not having a manager for 7 months
Excellent workplace
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 19, 2013
It has a fun atmosphere and lots of opportunity. Working in team atmosphere with both individual and collective goals and targets. rewards for reaching and exceeding techniques. Great opportunities for development of skills such as leadership, teamwork, and responsibility. Great for working on problem solving techniques and analyzing new information and developing analyzing process.
Pros
free lunches, staff parties
Cons
not the most competitive wages
Productive work and
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  TorontoOctober 1, 2015
On a typical day, I execute and deliver automation results to my manager. Communicate business requirements to automation development team.

Implement testing in UAT and Production for Enterprise software.
The management here at Scotia allowed me to learn how to handle an enterprise level project management.

The co-workers are very supportive and encouraging to participate in cross functional teams.
Pros
Free Lunch, positive atmosphere
Cons
Commute to work
Good place to work, overall.
Head Teller / Front Reception (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2014
Scotiabank was a nice place to work. The environment was good, the advancement opportunities were available also. I just found in my personal experience that with my particular branch manager, she was young and new to the job and needed to be more professional at times. Overall, I would love to work for them again.
Pros
benefits, good pay, advancement opportunities
Cons
higher wage would be nice for higher responsibility positions such as the one i had.
The key person of your company
Banking Adviser (Former Employee) –  San SalvadorMay 29, 2014
• Provided Customer service to four specific companies to secure contract.
• Analyze the credit history of each customer.
• Financial reporting to measure the capacity to pay.
• Make new strategic companies alliance for increase the target market.
• Resolve inquires of customer while the service was available.
• Maintain an excellent relationship with the strategic companies.
• Bank debt consolidations
• Processing of appraisals for mortgages.
Organized workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ONSeptember 18, 2013
A typical day at work was to process customers banking orders. Having patience with customers is very important as you will deal with unhappy customers from time to time and need to learn how to handle the situation properly. The hardest part of my job would be that there was always so much to learn, but great training. I enjoyed the fact that if you stick with it, you have great chance with advancement in the company.
Cons
casual position (not many hours offered)
Relaxing with peers having breakfast together in the morning, once a week
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONMarch 13, 2013
My most enjoyable part of the job was doing preparations in the morning with one of my peers. Because we both have productively conversations regards to anything including our life and work at the same time. We get to know each other better and we got having time to plan how to run our work load for the rest of the day smoothly.
Pros
great peers working with and become friends
Cons
working long hours
Friendly staff and customers.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Leduc AlbertaNovember 17, 2013
A typical day would be all activities that apply to a bank teller, deposits, withdrawals, drafts, money orders, and all aspects of banking. Everyone is enjoyable and fun to work with and I really can't think of anything that is overly hard. There are times I have run into banking situations that I have not done before but they always get explained and completed. The most enjoyable part of the job are my customers.
Pros
friendly staff and customers
Cons
casual
good compensation, tedious work
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMarch 31, 2013
I really enjoyed the team environment and the dedication to good training that Scotiabank fosters. I found my work at the Contact Center a bit tedious personally, but after putting in some time they do offer opportunities for advancement and travel in a large organization. It is a very structured environment, but the management is dedicated and overall they compensate their employees well and strive for quality.
Banks don't pay good.
Personal Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Unfortunately the pay isn't that great despite the record profits they make. Recognition is great for the things you do they just don't like to compensate for it. Co workers and people were great. Typical day included talking to clients about banking products working with the systems to sell clients on products, mortgages and investments. Really heavy on the lending side.
Pros
Coworkers, Management
Cons
no pay for the amount of effort you make
Great place to work - Scotiabank really is a People's Bank!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 9, 2013
Working with a team setting, department helped me as I did others.
My area had one team and one goal..helping eachother and we were a success.

Management changed often, however you got the help needed to learn and grow.
Co-workers were great. They were your co-workers and your friends/family.

Hardest part probably was the volume of work at busy times.
Enjoyable part was helping staff
Pros
working in a team setting
Great place to work, really strong emphasis on corporate culture and having a work environment that is conducive to achieving desired results.
Trade Floor Risk Management Summer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 6, 2013
I worked on a special project team that was newly formed so typical days involved team meetings to discuss progress, next steps, and to brainstorm on current objectives. It was enjoyable being able to work with a great team on a project that was for educating employees in their job field.
Summary
Home Financing Advisor (Current Employee) –  BramptonDecember 8, 2014
Your day would start at about 8am and end at approx 8pm. I learned alot in terms of customer value and customer management. My co-workers were helpful and enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of this job was attempting to work with others that already had their focus on their present relationships and did not really want to develop new relationships. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting my own schedule to obatain my objectives.
Highly demanding but at the same time when you meet and exceed expectations the rewards are great!
General Manager, Automotive Lending & Leasing (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 29, 2012
Constant tight dead lines for which I met. Learned to deligate responsiblity and trust in co-workers. Learned to deligate without fear of failure. The hardest part of the job was lengthy travel away from home and working long hours to ensure project success. I most enjoyed the respect received for the accomplishments I made.
Bank Life
Prime Services Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2015
If you are looking for a relatively stable position with decent pay and good benefits, then head to the bank. Scotiabank is still trying to figure out a work/life balance but depending on the department you are in, you may leave on time at 5pm. Be prepared for many levels (4+) of management and for people who may have less experience to advance before you. Scotiabank is all about networking so be positive, outgoing and you'll do great.
Customer Service Excellence
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Regina, SKOctober 6, 2014
Everyday you strive to give clients excellent customer service and make sure they know you are handling their financial issues or concerns in the right manner. Overall, Scotiabank is an excellent place of employment however management could use more work on organization as well as making sure the right people are getting a good salary and are treated well so the employment turnover is not so large.
Excellent
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mount Forest, ONMay 9, 2015
The interaction with my customers and my co-workers is what makes going to work important. As Scotiabank continues to upgrade internal systems and improving our product (ie credit products), there is always new training and product knowledge to add to my experience as a customer service representative.
Pros
Customers that you know by their first name and become familiar with them.
Cons
Full time position not available.
Challenging with great team experience.
Personal Banking Officer (Current Employee) –  Windsor OntarioDecember 27, 2012
As a Personal Banking Officer it is my responsibility to assist clients in planning their financial strategies for both short and long term goals. This would include using a variety of Scotiabank tools and products. This position is strongly goal and sales oriented whose challenges require constant planning and concentration.
Pros
hours, vacation, salary
Cons
inter-branch competativeness
I had a very exciting and rewarding career with Scotiabank
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Pugwash, NSJuly 5, 2012
I managed a staff of 12 people in a branch. My day consisted of overseeing reports, making financial decisions, interviewing clients, making sure the branch ran smooth and with budget guidelines. I was responsible for credit decisions and clients portfolios.
Pros
meeting wonderful clients
Cons
keeping up with the many changes that were happening everyday through out the banking sector