Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Great people to work with. Always knew what was expected of you.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 September 2016
I loved working with Mortgages, the challenges were rewarding. A typical day for me ....first doing the branch reports. Reviewing pending work, following up. Answering the phone, setting up appointments, deal with client , lawyer and customer rep queries.
good Place
Contact Center Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 August 2016
good place, They have good Team & Management where The can Mane you work better thank andy aother Location hence I do recomend people to apply on it as they are good
great company
Credit Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2016
great company to work for, many perks, good management but pretty slow to move on your career. overall a good place to work at.
Not really high culture organisation
System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
Not really high culture organisation...
Too much multicultural...
Work 9 to 5
Management is knowledgeable though too many useless staff around.
You can take half of them and nothing will be different...
Pros
Reletavly good payment
Cons
Not organised job process.. too many useless people, too much politic around
Scotiabank
Small business (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 January 2016
Scotiabank had a strong sense of culture and typically a day at work started with reviewing previous days work and clients accounts to ensure their accounts where in order and not in overdraft.

After which time I would make calls to existing and non-existing clients to book sales appointments for the coming days follow up client meetings throughout the days. There was also about 2 hours of paperwork per day.

The people that worked for Scotia where mostly very friendly and reasonable with the work life balance.

Hardest part of the job is simply, like most banks, sales versus credit procedure.
Good for a younger adult
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC13 October 2016
If your looking for a part time job that you can advance in over a lengthy amount of time this is a good job there is a lot of liability with little reward until you move up
Pros
You get a free bank account
Cons
Take awhile to move up
Great work environment with plenty of room for advancement!
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 March 2015
Scotiabank is a great work environment for anyone looking to advance in a financial institution or help customer with financial planning.

I have been very happy with the compensation for the earlier positions in the bank, but there have been recent changes in the Financial Advisor postions that should result in a higher salary.

Plenty of advancement opportunities with a long list of learning plans and courses. Staff is very friendly though management style changes based on location.

Working with Scotiabank for 4 years and would recommend it as a great place to work!
Pros
Great work environment, Customer Focused, Much room for advancement
Cons
Strong Sales Environment, Excessive Hands on Management, Confusing Goal Focusing
Great work environment
Catering department­ Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2016
The catering department at the Saddledome is a great place to work at. It was my first serving experience and I learned a lot. My customer service skills have improved, as well as time management, multitasking, dealing with being under pressure at times, and paying attention to detail. I enjoyed providing people excellent service while it was also a fun component being behind the scenes of a fun event.
Pros
Great people, fun events, great pay
Cons
Not stable shifts
Assisting staff and customers always enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 September 2016
Daily interaction with customer new or repeat was enjoyable. Staff were fun to work with ,great team overall. I enjoyed learning new ways to enhance customer experiences.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Unsure of Available Hours
Multi-tasking
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL5 August 2016
Throughout my time at the bank each day consisted of assisting clients, giving them financial guidance, and informing them of services available to fit their needs. I learned to work with a team and contribute to a positive working environment. Meeting different people was the most enjoyable part of the job.
fun workplace with great colleagues
Bilingual Bank Specialist representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 September 2015
Typical day at work is to arrive on time for your work schedule. Review emails and respond time sensitively and by prioritize accordingly. Create/action/review/close cases build daily. Answer incoming calls from customer, listen and resolve with professionalism. look for new innovative ways to help the business and present to management as procedure requires. Follow rules and procedures according to business requirement. Time management and prioritize work and separate socializing time and work time and using it effectively are a few of the things I've learned through years and having a sense to better myself. I am very personable hence hardly have conflict with co-workers and teamwork is one of my biggest strength. Hardest part of the job is leaving things unfinished for the next day, I like to have things done or resolve within moments, so I can also say that patience has been build up for me as well in a sense. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the day is over, through no personal gain, realized that I have help so many today and being acknowledged by the business for it.
Pros
Great atmosphere, constant changes, helping customers and business is acknowledged
Cons
short lunches, difficult to see the end result of processing benefits
a nice place to stay until retire
Former back office employee (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 October 2015
Unless you have a willing to take responsibility supervisor.
Should promote someone with leadership and be fair to be a supervisor than just a person having "more experience".
Other than that I enjoyed to work there.
Pros
quite a few benefits
Cons
bank prefer to invest money on programs which can shorten head count
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Russell, ON21 July 2016
Ive really enjoyed my time at Scotiabank. Our client base is really good. Small town, so I have had the opportunity to build personal relationships and the clients have gained my trust. The atmosphere inside the branch amongst my co-workers is awesome. Everyone is there for each other.
Pros
Providing excellent customer service
Cons
Not enough money
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 November 2016
I have learned a lot from my job and the co-workers are very helpful and fun to work with. I loved working with customers and help them with their needs. Meeting new clients was very enjoyable.
Very good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON27 September 2016
Very good place to work, especially if you are a student or mom.
Great customer service experience and sales. Friendly small branch atmosphere, great opportunity for growth in financial and administrative fields.
Not all that
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2016
Overall the experience of working at Scotiabank is okay. Not as much opportunity for growth. The working hours are good however, typical 9-5 days. This allows you to accommodate both your personal and professional lifestyle.
Team friendly environment
Head Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 May 2015
Working for the Bank of Nova Scotia is an excellent experience, as the company puts a huge focus on team work and this is easily displayed at the branch level. Management does a great job in assisting customer service representatives with any internal issues or concerns. Supervisors look to provide on the job assistance and make everyday a bit easier. Most enjoyable part of the job is to provide customers with an excellent experience and seeing their financial lifestyle grow for the better.
Benefits
Cons
Very professional workforce. Demanding projects that exposed me to the Business, Technology and Vendors
Project Manager/Project Coordinator - HR Projects (Former Employee) –  Downtown Toronto10 April 2016
Because of my diverse background, my contract involved a variety of different task and roles. From the PCO perspective I organized project meetings, minutes and issue logs.
From an analyst perspective I authored various scope and test strategy documents as well as the project plans which were used to manage projects.
Team was very professional and receptive to share their time and views on a variety of issues.Interfacing with the team was possible the most enjoyable aspect of the assignment.
HRSS had a variety of end users in the Business community and being a contractor, determining where/who to go to in order to get issues resolved, signed off was the most difficult part of the job
Pros
Extremely cooperative team
Cons
Requirements constantly changed; week manager
Great company
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 November 2016
Scotiabank is a great company to work for if you are looking to advance. If you put in the time and effort you can climb the ladder fast. Staff are always happy and morale is high
Demanding and High Stress
Banker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 September 2016
Great place to work, lots of great people to work with. Lots of internal politics in play all the time, must be willing to "coach up" to managers.