SCOTIABANK

SCOTIABANK Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent work environment
Senior Manager, Derivatives Compliance (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2013
Excellent work environment.

Lots of opportunity for growth
Excellent company to work for
Senior Audit Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 10, 2013
Pros: very reputatable company, excellent culture and staff are treated fairly.
Demanding and rewarding work environment.
As a Branch Manager a typical day included providing excellent customer service, completing sales calls. Meeting with staff each morning, celebrating successes and working on areas requiring improvement from the day before.

We needed to ensure the work from the previous day was reviewed and balanced. Sales – more... and service meetings are carried out at various times in the week. Individual sales meetings are held with each sales staff members once per week.

As an audit Manager, we would review work and files daily, conducting fact finding discussions with staff and management and completing reports.

I learned alot about managing staff, generating sales of Bank Products and services. Through audit I learned to review manuals, the procedures carried out by staff in various branches or departments.

The hardest part of auditing I believe is the flexibility required to quickly learn and understand many departments within the bank and often in a short period of time.

I enjoyed interacting with the staff the most. Scotiabankers are dedicated hard working individuals who truly care about their customers. – less
Steady Job
Full time Graphic Designer Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 7, 2013
This job is really steady. As a graphic designer i'm taught to use my mind creatively. Now working for the bank, I don't get to use my creatively as often but still a good job to have.
Amazing workplace
Business Analyst, Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 6, 2013
Typical day at work was to run multiple reports and streamline multiple processes to improve efficiency

Co-workers were very nice and helped me everytime I needed help.
Scotiabank
Representative (Current Employee), OntarioJuly 28, 2013
Great company to work for. I always enjoy going to work.
I am able to learn a lot about the Financial Services Industry. The part I enjoy the most about going to work is seeing the client's who come into the branch happy with the services that our team is able to offer.
An environment that doesn't allow for much mobility
Customer Service Officer (Call Center) (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJuly 18, 2013
Pros: goals to keep you engaged
Cons: phone work
Many of the tasks are very repetitive.

The Coaching you receive is very helpful
fun to work in a multicultural environment
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Surrey, BCJuly 18, 2013
Pros: great staff, co-workers, close to home, great work environment
Cons: income was a bit low, little room for advancement
Get to work and have a morning huddle to discuss the daily goals and to energize the group to have a great day,
report to my duties that have to be completed as usual. working on deadlines was being done everyday with mortgage files. The management team was excellent, very supportive to improve going forward. The co-workers were fun to work with, got – more... along with everyone quite nicely. The hardest part of the job was completing multiple deadlines at the same time due to mortgage closing dates times, which would be completed with the help of my direct supervisor. Most enjoyable part of my job was knowing the every mortgage, loan, credit card file would go through me for completion, which gave me the satisfaction the I played a very important role with the company – less
Great Environment to work in, and people are great.
Project Coordinator / Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 18, 2013
I enjoy my job for so many reasons, but the main would be my team. Everyone is a team player and strives to get the project completed as per scope.
Productivity, Work from Home
PROJECT LEAD (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 8, 2013
work from home facility,
Cool Management
nice co-workers
people management
leaving home early on Fridays
A normal Day at Bank card Security
Fraud Detection / Prevention Officer (Current Employee), toronto, ontarioJuly 2, 2013
Pros: get casual days on mondays.
Cons: short staffs at times.
A normal day at work is, getting to work at 8am, signing on to all systems, log in to the phone, ready & available for any incoming calls. Look through our Security debit/credit system & work on alerts for transaction that came in. If necessary to make out calls to customer to verify the activity. Everyday is a learning day as you always come across – more... new type of fraud or a new situation.

We are always in communication with our management to inform them of any new or odd type of fraud we might be seeing or came across. Also team work for us a important thing, as we help one another whenever needed .

Most enjoyable thing of my day is when you get to stop the fraud before it happens on a customers account.That feeling of accomplishment is just a wonderful feeling. – less
Clean experience- hard working - collaborative team player
Seasonal cleaner (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioJuly 2, 2013
Pros: i can earn money for my life
Cons: to travel at night
* Followed detailed list of standards and maintained a clean environment in a variety of service areas such as office buildings, and public facilities.
* Wiped all surfaces, swept and mopped floors, and emptied receptacles on all floors.
* Cleaned and sanitized restroom facilities and fixtures including sinks, urinals and toilets.
* Washed windows, – more... mirrors and walls; cleaned and sanitized showers Replenished supplies in the restrooms.
* Swept, vacuumed, mopped, waxed and stripped and polished floors; vacuumed and shampooed carpets.

A typical day at work is hard working
I learned : team work is the best
management is important
my co-workers are very helpful – less
Overview
Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 28, 2013
A typical day included starting my shift 1.5 hours before the Senators game starts. I was responsible for my stands money, therefore, I had to put all the money in each till. Provided helpful and quality customer service all night long serving drinks and food. At the end of the night, I was responsible for counting all the cash's followed by helping – more... clean up the stand before leaving.
Overall, it is an enjoyable job filled with great people. It suits my lifestyle perfectly as a student since there are no shift during the day, only at night. – less
Great learning experience for an Intern
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 19, 2013
Pros: extended lunch breaks
Cons: work hours are not flexible
Good work environment for a new Intern. Clear set of instructions given with lots of help from co-workers
Responsible, accountable and performance oriented work environment. Focus on 360 degree individual development
Associate, Global Risk Management (GRM) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2013
Pros: big support from management in organizing any events
A typical day would be to perform daily activities, go on coffee chats with colleagues from other areas in the bank, do some job training or any skill-building training, review your work with your manager. Management is responsible and believes in open door policy. Co-workers are welcoming, ambitious and hard working. The most enjoyable part of the – more... job is that there is always something new to learn. – less
Excellent workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Hamilton,ONJune 6, 2013
I did my Mohawk College Work Placement here.

I did several administration jobs while there.
Technical Analyst/Team Coordinator
Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Scarborough, OntarioJune 3, 2013
One of my primary responsibilities in the Enterprise Infrastructure Group, I performed comprehensive data management on licenses and organizing the information for reporting purposes. I also independently managed incoming calls from business groups and assigning helpdesk tasks to second level support, sharpening my communication skills as well as my – more... organizational abilities.

The hardest, but yet most enjoyable part of my job are my co-workers. There are days where we get along adn there are those days when we don't always see eye to eye. But at the end of the day, we stick by Scotiabank's vision which is "one goal, one team". – less
Fairly extensive training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJune 3, 2013
Pros: training is very good
Cons: short breaks
In training, there is much to learn requiring study at home and remembering lots and lots of information. Management can be very strict.
Not Fun Place to work at
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 31, 2013
Pros: not any
Cons: low salary compare to industry average
I would not work at this bank management and culture and team work does not exist.
A Dynamic workplace
Personal Banking Officer (Former Employee), Montreal, QcMay 24, 2013
Pros: access to financial knowledge
Cons: limited upward mobility
The job is a great opportunity to learn new strategies, marketing and sales strategies. The group you work with is very ambitious and is always ready to jump in and give a hand.
Challening work atmosphere
Senior Personal Banking Officer (Former Employee), Drayton Valley, AlbertaMay 23, 2013
Pros: work life balance
Cons: advancing in a smaller town
I assisted my 500+ clients with day to day needs in the banking world. Everything from account reviews to the addition of a new home or retirement planning. Every day was a new challenge with new interactions with co-workers and clients. I enjoyed making dreams come true for my clients.

About SCOTIABANK

Scotiabank is a leading financial services provider in over 55 countries and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming – Read more