Scotiabank

Scotiabank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Part Time Job, not much room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Barrie, ONSeptember 9, 2015
As a service team member in Scotiabank, I find the job interesting and enjoyable.

Due to the number of long-time staff, it is rare that permanent positions become available.
I truly enjoy working for Scotiabank!
Manager Customer Service (Current Employee), Surrey, BCSeptember 9, 2015
Scotiabank is an amazing place to work. I truly enjoy interacting with staff and customers and I thrive in a results-focused environment..... Happy staff, happy customers .... great results.
I believe in working "smart".
Great environment to build confidence in customer service
Customer Representative (Current Employee), OttawaSeptember 8, 2015
This job allowed me to improve in being able to talk to customers and help them with their banking needs. I had really good colleagues that made the day go by easier and always willing to help when in need.
Unsatisfactory
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurraySeptember 6, 2015
Overloaded with more work then acceptable to handle.

Made to think overtime without pay is the responsibly in order to advance in the workplace.

Bullied by direct supervisor.

Salary/benefits not acceptable for Fort McMurray
Great place to work if you have the right team around you.
SMALL BUSINESS ADVISOR (Former Employee), St. Albert, ABSeptember 2, 2015
With the right team around you, Scotiabank can be one of the best companies to work for. Management types vary and can be a deal breaker as to whether you love or dislike your job.
Really
Associate Programmer Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 25, 2015
A good experience, had a lot of fun and learned new skills that were not taught in school. I would recommend working here for everyone.
Can't think of a worse job
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Life will no longer seem like it goes by too fast
Cons: Management, long hours, salary, expectations, not appreciated, everything you can think of that would make a job suck
Horrible leadership. Unrealistic expectations and targets. Long hours. Salary is so abysmal that the cleaners (who were contracted from another company) got paid more per hour than I did. After a record-breaking year in profits, management responded by drastically cutting our benefits. Everybody is stressed out all the time, it's not uncommon at all see your fellow coworkers break down into tears or take stress leaves. If anybody is thinking of working for this company, avoid it all costs. Being homeless would probably still be a better lifestyle than being a Scotiabank employee.
stressful yet fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montréal, QCAugust 18, 2015
Pros: Mostly nice people to work with.
Cons: Salary and risks of hold ups
Very productive as a senior I was always busy. At times too much red tape however in Banking that's usually expected. My favorite part of my job was the research I was asked to conduct when there were issues in customer accounts.
Scotiabank was a very good place to learn about the banking and finanancal industry and move within the company.
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Former Employee), 1 Adelaide St e Toronto OntarioAugust 18, 2015
supervised team of eight
reviewed and approved payment entries
ran daily payment run cheques, EFT and wires
submitted weekly metrics
submitted monthly reconciliations reports to sr. manager
supervising team can be taxing with the different cultures, personalities and life styles.
enjoyable part was to see that the work was completed in a timely manner and that my staff was happy and content in their workplace.
Bank Life
Prime Services Facilitator (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 15, 2015
If you are looking for a relatively stable position with decent pay and good benefits, then head to the bank. Scotiabank is still trying to figure out a work/life balance but depending on the department you are in, you may leave on time at 5pm. Be prepared for many levels (4+) of management and for people who may have less experience to advance before you. Scotiabank is all about networking so be positive, outgoing and you'll do great.
Good expereience
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), TorontoAugust 10, 2015
Manage information flow of trading activities and provide analysis of P&L and Risk Metrics and investigate and resolve all discrepancies/differences in a timely manner, as required.
Ensure risks within portfolios covered are correctly measured, aggregated, and analyzed in accordance with established and approved market risk policies
Good work place to expand and learn
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham, ONAugust 5, 2015
great benefits
good opportunities to grow
fast pace working environment
co-workers are pleasant and nice to work with. Always willing to help and expand the growth process.
Supportive and fun work environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 4, 2015
Team oriented environment with the opportunity for self development. Adaptable workplace providing equal opportunity for all staff members by providing the resources and to meet goals and objectives
Overall, Pretty good place to work
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: Lower salary
My experience here has been pretty good. A lot of politics and compensation is less than other banks. The job security used to be pretty good, but due to restructuring, this is not the case anymore.
Great Staff
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 29, 2015
I worked 8 Hours a Day 5 Days a week. My co-workers were great to work with and I enjoyed meeting new people. I enjoyed getting to know the staff.
sales driven environment
Personal Banking Officer (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 28, 2015
i found that it was very, very difficult to keep sales totals in today's economy. I was fortunate to have had amazing coworkers.
Great job security and newly renewed push towards technology
Programmer Analyst Senior (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2015
Overall a good company to work for if not the most exciting positions. Great job security assuming you know what you are doing.
Productive Environment and learning new things
Assisting customers (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Occasional Free lunch and occasional One hour lunch break
Cons: Asked to do favors by management who does not show appreciation
- Preparing the banks cash for the days use.
- I have learned a lot of financial accounts and which would be best for specific types of needs and learned processed a lot faster as I got to perform them more.
- Management was not easy to work with, they are not always there to support staff and if something were to go wrong they are quick to shift blame.
- The team itself is a pleasure to work with
- Interacting with managers who do not support you when they should.
- Interacting with the public and learning new things and seeing the customer satisfaction after transaction has been complete.
no comments
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2015
Low Salary, to much is expected for the salary. Unrealistic expectation. Overall, great job security. Good job to meet new people, good advancement.
Providing excellent customer service
Customer Service Representative (part-time) (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 19, 2015
In my time working as a customer service representative, I have learned to be attentive to what customers need and how to provide solutions to their inquiries.
Headquarters