Scotiabank

Scotiabank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
High expectatins
Customer service (Current Employee), Nova ScotiaJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: the big guns expecting more work from less people
Rewarding opportunities to work with some great hard working dedicated folks. Challenging to practice good time management while trying to get through all that has to be completed in day. Excellent benefits, average pay. Better environment than in the 70s and 80s.
Call Centre
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 9, 2015
Answered calls on day to day banking products and visa's. Provided excellent customer service to all my clients.
Great Organization
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Richmond HillJanuary 7, 2015
Great place to work, great co-workers. Valuable knowledge gained. Plenty of opportunities to grow. Would recommend to others. Customers can make the job difficult, but it's the challenge everyone has to face.
Good Employer
Retail Banking Officer (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good managers
Cons: not able to move the ladder
Able to learn more on job training. Team work in the company is a must and we get along very well with one another
international recognition
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great work life balance and great people
Cons: lack of trust for external talent and new way of doing things
The bank is well know across boarders. Great people work here however the organization lacks innovation and new talent to drive it forward to meet future market demands. Stable and strong brand.
great
Retail banking/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 22, 2014
Opened new customer accounts, including checking, savings and lines of credit. Established new customer accounts including checking, savings, lines of credit and loans. Balanced daily cash deposits and bank vault inventory with a zero error rate. Assembled in-store marketing displays. Processed cash withdrawals. Researched and resolved customer issues on personal savings, checking and lines of credit accounts. Examined checks for identification and endorsement. Supplied tellers with coin and currency as needed. Maintained confidentiality of bank records and client information. Delivered prompt, accurate and excellent customer service.
Summary
Home Financing Advisor (Current Employee), BramptonDecember 8, 2014
Your day would start at about 8am and end at approx 8pm. I learned alot in terms of customer value and customer management. My co-workers were helpful and enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of this job was attempting to work with others that already had their focus on their present relationships and did not really want to develop new relationships. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting my own schedule to obatain my objectives.
A relax working environment with nice people to work with very understanding caring boss
Office Administration Assistant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2014
Pros: 9 to 5 work hour, stable and good benefit
Cons: less opportunities to achieve personal goal
Arranging for equipment and material
Providing administration support
Mailing and filing as a daily rotation
Photocopying and distribution of various monthly/ quarterly reports
Manage conference line reservation for the department
Submitted expenses to finance, staff information
Preparing expense ledgers to submit to finance for processing
BNS RETAIL BANKING
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Aurora, ONNovember 26, 2014
Excellent stepping stone in which one can learn how to manage time effectively, learn how to adapt in a fast paced work environment and be empowered to make decisions.
It is really a great place to work and grow. Fun environment very professional. Scotiabank really value his employee and their customers
Customer Service Officer - Bilingual (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
a typical day of work for me at the credit department was pretty much to assist customers with all inquires regarding revolving credits; day to day banking; branch and account information or redirect them to a different department if needed. There is so much to learn in term of products; systems; or even for your own financial habit. the management team is very accessible helpful and knowledgeable. my coworkers are great people. the hardest part depending of the department you work for, is to learn how to use the system. But there is a bunch of great facilitators there to help you get used to it. The Best part of the job, I believe was the training period where we all have the same schedule and can all share ideas. other than that, the job itself is just great and you get competitive benefits.
OK - enjoyed the customer interactions
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Perth, ONNovember 19, 2014
Temporary, part-time, no chance of increased hours or advancement.
One of the top 50 employers in Canada ...
Branch Manager Lac La Biche Northern Alberta (Current Employee), Northern AlbertaNovember 14, 2014
Pros: great culture
Cons: removing positions off the org chart yet increasing results expectations
Managing the preliminary opening of the branch, overseeing the sales teams and handling information dissemination, welcoming the customers in and ensuring excellent customer experiences at all times. Escalations are dealt with with speed and precision - solutions experts are coached to understand product and application to ensure the right customer sees the right officer at the right time. Bank policy and procedure are measured to ensure compliance and special attention is given to occupational health and safety in the workplace.
The hardest part of the job was to maintain the results and yet sustain a work/home balance - I found I was working 70 hours a week including both days over the weekends.
Reputable organization.
Manager, Banking Operations (Former Employee), Toronto, ontarioNovember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible culture.
Cons: stressful
Advancement opportunities and reputable organization. Flexible and laid back environment. Work can sometimes get repetitive. Stressful for the most part with strict deadlines.
Enjoy working in International Banking.
Sr Manager, Product & Marketing Credit Cards (Current Employee), Head Office - Toronto, ONNovember 11, 2014
Pros: challenging and intriguing projects, great executive team that are very interactive with the staff.
Cons: a majority of the head office positions are contract.
Scotiabank allows me to expand my industry knowledge in the field of marketing, finance, sales, public relations, project management and customer service.
Throughout my career with Scotiabank, I have enjoyed leading my own teams and working with cross-functional groups to analyze and resolve a variety of customer and employee concerns and issues. In addition to establishing and inspiring efficient and confident focused teams, I also gain great satisfaction from improving the way things are done and the results that are achieved either by streamlining existing methods or by creating and implementing new processes and procedures.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONNovember 6, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: some customers hard to deal with but you always tried your best
we worked hard and enjoyed it!!!! Management were always fair and had an open door for me whenever I needed them. I learnt a lot and had all chances I needed to improve in my jobs. Co-workers were always helping one another. Pleasing some customers was not always easy but we always tried to make sure they thought they were right even when they weren't but by the time they left they had a change of mind. Working with people was the most enjoyable part of my job!!!!
Wonderful place to work
Portfolio Reconciliation Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 29, 2014
Scotia is a fantastic place to work. Management is understanding and flexible.
Great work environment
Business Solutions Expert / Senior Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioOctober 25, 2014
Great work environment. Great work life balance. Great team environment.
Work Life
Commercial Banking (Current Employee), AlbertaOctober 23, 2014
Many development opportunity. Shift in Culture. Great place to develop yourself.
Excellent workplace
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Athabasca, ABOctober 23, 2014
Scotiabank is a an excellent place to work, the colleagues are very helpful and encouraging. Management is always keen to lend a hand to personal development
Great Opportunity
Customer Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 22, 2014
I have learned plenty while working at Scotiabank about business structure, customer service, time management, communication, problem solving, and team work.

About Scotiabank

Scotiabank is a leading financial services provider in over 55 countries and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming – Read more