Scotiabank Employee Reviews in Canada

Great place to grow
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
BNS is a fantastic place to grow in. They offer many ways to expand your skillset and challenge yourself. Networking is also easily done through BNS as long as you learn to be more social within the workplace.
Great Place to work
Advisory Programmer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
I have more than 9 years of experience at the bank and my tenure with the bank awesome. Great work and Life balance.
_________ ________________ _______________ _________
Great Workplace and even better people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2016
Great workplace, really flexible and supportive environment for a person working and completing school. Also a great introduction to customer service, office administration and confidentiality skills.
great company
Credit Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 11, 2016
great company to work for, many perks, good management but pretty slow to move on your career. overall a good place to work at.
co workers
CSR / Emp Verification Officer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 10, 2016
all of my ex coworkers whom I have respect for as we all worked as one team to achieved all goals set by BNS. Was a great place to work despite high volumes.
Great multicultural atmophere
Manager, International Benefits - Caribbean Region (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
Great place to work, great coworkers. Please see previous review as I worked with the same co-workers in the same department and supported the same clients.
Very informative job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 7, 2016
overall a great job experience, great co workers and clients. Have learned a lot about personal banking that i can add to my day-to-day banking myself.
Pros
clients are friendly
Cons
management varies from branch to branch
Well, it is just Co-op.
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
It depends on team, some teams are serious but some teams are connected. In all, it is co-op position in bank and it is safe anyway but bank is cutting off people crazy. I rate 4 out of 5 for my experience anyway because I learned something.
Great Canadian Bank
Program/Project Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
They have a vision of where they want to go and they are sticking to it. The company takes care of mobilizing their workforce between offices with regular shuttle service. They'll also get you to the GO Train station. Also award winning as a Best Place to Work in Canada. Highly recommended.
Manager, Business Analysis - Foreign Exchange (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
it is great to work for such a large bank with multiple locations around the world. The Bank is putting a lot of resources into trending technologies and is trying to become more agile.
Great Staff
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 2, 2016
Great Staff very upbeat and positive. Company is beginning to lean towards the digital aspect of banking. Overall great place to work.
Innovative and learning opportunity
Decision Support Services Analyst, Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Scotiabank has given me an immense opportunity to grow my career path and learning growth. The values-Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus and Integrity- have been integrated with my day to day activities which have contributed to achieve my career objectives.
Pros
Forward thinking, learning growth
Great Learning Opportunity
Human Resource Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 26, 2016
Wonderful work atmosphere with trained staff who are more than happy to help.

Learned communication skills, policy, legislative requirements and procedures which are essential to any HR position.
Pros
Presentations
Cons
Primarily an Administrative Function
Customer Service Representative - Scotiabank
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 26, 2016
My responsibilities are interacting with customers daily to help meet their day to day banking needs and resolving resolutions helping them bank efficiently.

I have a passion for giving financial advice and solutions to customers and sales driven promoting Scotiabank products and services. I have learned ways on developing sales and I am currently one of the top sales representative from my team.

My coworkers, management and myself are always putting customers needs first and making sure that our customers leave satisfied with their banking services.

The hardest part of the job I faced was the learning curve during my training process. Attention to detail is very important and mistakes can lead to problematic situations such as loss of money or anti money laundering. It is important that training is taken seriously and learning as much as you can before you are on your own.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting happy customers and knowing that you were able to be an excellent service to them meeting their day to day needs and by providing financial solutions.
Excellent Work Culture
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Great job work life balance, employees receive excellent benefits, and was able to engage in bank wide opportunities.
Politics vs Hard work
Manager, Operating Model Design (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Professional growth is truncated if you do not play the politics created from all timers. Hard work and technology savvy are nothing if you don’t play their game.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Politics
Balance
Manager, Customer Insights Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 15, 2016
Scotiabank is a work balance lifestyle!
Tons of opportunity to be involved in clubs, usergroups to enhance your development and meet new people.
A Great Place To Work
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 14, 2016
A typical day at work for me consists of assisting clients with their everyday banking needs, greeting them as they come to the branch for appointments, and following up with with my team. These days it seems like there is always something new afoot; these changes are often greeted with varying levels of enthusiasm from my co-workers but I do my best to try and be a cheerleader for change.

The time that I have spent with my organization has taught me to listen and when in doubt, ask questions as ambiguity and assumptions often lead to mistakes. I believe that great customer service begins with listening. If a customer needs to vent their frustrations (within reason) sometimes it is necessary to let them. In the end, we must hear what they are saying and respond sincerely and helpfully. My job is about more than simply posting transactions correctly; in order to be REALLY good at my job, I need to offer sound and reasonable advice and solutions that help the client get ahead financially and leave them with peace of mind.

Management within my organization...management is a difficult job and there are some individuals that are better suited to it than others.

My co-workers make my job feel less like work. I feel that we are a great team, we look out for each other and try to help out wherever we can. These people are without a doubt the most enjoyable part of my job.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult clients. For some, everything is "urgent", must be done ASAP. This does not always gel well with the banking world as we must follow compliance protocols,
  more... submit documentation, and, unfortunately, sometimes there is simply nothing we can do to speed up the process. It is also sometimes difficult to deal with clients who have false sense of entitlement. Holds must be removed, fees reversed, and backs bent over backwards to accommodate clients who simply show us no courtesy. I have no problem going above and beyond for our clients - its a part of my job - however it is difficult to summon the strength to fight the internal bureaucracy in order to make exceptions for a client who just wants to throw their weight around.  less
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Repetitive work
Have been a long time employee
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONApril 14, 2016
Always a rewarding, enjoyable place to work. Fellow staff members easy going and positive to work with.
Have learned a lot about dealing with people on a daily basis.
Have learned how to deal with change in an ever changing environment in a fast paced work place
Pros
Work with great people
Cons
Dealing with public can be exhausting
Good Place to work great colleagues
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
There is always a new challenge to be solve. I worked in the international division great co-workers there is always something new to learn from each country,