Scotiabank Employee Reviews in Canada

Innovative and learning opportunity
Decision Support Services Analyst, Finance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Scotiabank has given me an immense opportunity to grow my career path and learning growth. The values-Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus and Integrity- have been integrated with my day to day activities which have contributed to achieve my career objectives.
Pros
Forward thinking, learning growth
Great Learning Opportunity
Human Resource Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 26, 2016
Wonderful work atmosphere with trained staff who are more than happy to help.

Learned communication skills, policy, legislative requirements and procedures which are essential to any HR position.
Pros
Presentations
Cons
Primarily an Administrative Function
Customer Service Representative - Scotiabank
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 26, 2016
My responsibilities are interacting with customers daily to help meet their day to day banking needs and resolving resolutions helping them bank efficiently.

I have a passion for giving financial advice and solutions to customers and sales driven promoting Scotiabank products and services. I have learned ways on developing sales and I am currently one of the top sales representative from my team.

My coworkers, management and myself are always putting customers needs first and making sure that our customers leave satisfied with their banking services.

The hardest part of the job I faced was the learning curve during my training process. Attention to detail is very important and mistakes can lead to problematic situations such as loss of money or anti money laundering. It is important that training is taken seriously and learning as much as you can before you are on your own.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting happy customers and knowing that you were able to be an excellent service to them meeting their day to day needs and by providing financial solutions.
Excellent Work Culture
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Great job work life balance, employees receive excellent benefits, and was able to engage in bank wide opportunities.
Politics vs Hard work
Manager, Operating Model Design (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 18, 2016
Professional growth is truncated if you do not play the politics created from all timers. Hard work and technology savvy are nothing if you don’t play their game.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Politics
Balance
Manager, Customer Insights Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 15, 2016
Scotiabank is a work balance lifestyle!
Tons of opportunity to be involved in clubs, usergroups to enhance your development and meet new people.
A Great Place To Work
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCApril 14, 2016
A typical day at work for me consists of assisting clients with their everyday banking needs, greeting them as they come to the branch for appointments, and following up with with my team. These days it seems like there is always something new afoot; these changes are often greeted with varying levels of enthusiasm from my co-workers but I do my best to try and be a cheerleader for change.

The time that I have spent with my organization has taught me to listen and when in doubt, ask questions as ambiguity and assumptions often lead to mistakes. I believe that great customer service begins with listening. If a customer needs to vent their frustrations (within reason) sometimes it is necessary to let them. In the end, we must hear what they are saying and respond sincerely and helpfully. My job is about more than simply posting transactions correctly; in order to be REALLY good at my job, I need to offer sound and reasonable advice and solutions that help the client get ahead financially and leave them with peace of mind.

Management within my organization...management is a difficult job and there are some individuals that are better suited to it than others.

My co-workers make my job feel less like work. I feel that we are a great team, we look out for each other and try to help out wherever we can. These people are without a doubt the most enjoyable part of my job.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult clients. For some, everything is "urgent", must be done ASAP. This does not always gel well with the banking world as we must follow compliance protocols,
  more... submit documentation, and, unfortunately, sometimes there is simply nothing we can do to speed up the process. It is also sometimes difficult to deal with clients who have false sense of entitlement. Holds must be removed, fees reversed, and backs bent over backwards to accommodate clients who simply show us no courtesy. I have no problem going above and beyond for our clients - its a part of my job - however it is difficult to summon the strength to fight the internal bureaucracy in order to make exceptions for a client who just wants to throw their weight around.  less
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Repetitive work
Have been a long time employee
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ONApril 14, 2016
Always a rewarding, enjoyable place to work. Fellow staff members easy going and positive to work with.
Have learned a lot about dealing with people on a daily basis.
Have learned how to deal with change in an ever changing environment in a fast paced work place
Pros
Work with great people
Cons
Dealing with public can be exhausting
Good Place to work great colleagues
Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
There is always a new challenge to be solve. I worked in the international division great co-workers there is always something new to learn from each country,
Fast-forward style banking.
Business Analyst, Senior (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 13, 2016
There is a phased approach to releases for the projects I have worked on. As the SME I am involved in all facets of the project and therefore I am always under the gun. I have to work many evenings and weekends, it is an unsustainable pace for the whole team.

It was fun and productive for the first few years, but I am now looking for a change.
Cons
Very Tight deadlines
Global enterprise with a social projection
MANAGER - ANALYTICS (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2016
Scotiabank is revamping its strategy to turn into a financial technology company. Culture rewards continued learning and social involvement. It is one of the few places in Canada where Spanish language is an asset. Our department has a long-standing collaborative culture.
Very professional workforce. Demanding projects that exposed me to the Business, Technology and Vendors
Project Manager/Project Coordinator - HR Projects (Former Employee) –  Downtown TorontoApril 10, 2016
Because of my diverse background, my contract involved a variety of different task and roles. From the PCO perspective I organized project meetings, minutes and issue logs.
From an analyst perspective I authored various scope and test strategy documents as well as the project plans which were used to manage projects.
Team was very professional and receptive to share their time and views on a variety of issues.Interfacing with the team was possible the most enjoyable aspect of the assignment.
HRSS had a variety of end users in the Business community and being a contractor, determining where/who to go to in order to get issues resolved, signed off was the most difficult part of the job
Pros
Extremely cooperative team
Cons
Requirements constantly changed; week manager
Great environment but lots of paperwork
Sr Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 8, 2016
The expectations are high but the training and support are there to help you.
It is very much a desk job with lots of paperwork and reporting.
Staff are friendly and welcoming.
Executive Assistant at scotiabank
Sr. Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 6, 2016
Part of the reason I love this job so much…there’s no such thing as a typical day! One day, I could be spending half the day arranging meetings and the other half producing a PowerPoint presentation for my boss. The next day I could be working with’ staff members on a IT appropriation request and then ‘catering’ an informal reception for college staff hosted by the VP. Everyday is different.”
Scotiabank is a great bank to be employed at.
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Perth, ONApril 4, 2016
The staff are great to work with, and service (from a client's perspective) has always been friendly, efficient and very helpful.
Pros
Reasonable working hours, great staff.
Nice environment to work at.
Programmer Analyst (co-op) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
The environment at Scotiabank was friendly. Co-workers, seniors and management was cooperative. There was a lot to learn from their experiences. If I was stuck in coding, the seniors came to help me out. Overall it was a nice experience to work at the Scotiabank.
Mortgage Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 2, 2016
A great place to work. Employees were encouraged to acknowledged co-workers through Applause. There was a challenge each working day to provide excellent customer service while ensuring Service Level Agreements are adhered to.
Pros
Meal Treats
Cons
Daily work quota
Great team
Tax Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 1, 2016
During the tax season is when the work load is heavy and during that time everyone in the department works together to finish up the work.
Its been a great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ONMarch 29, 2016
I have enjoyed working for Scotiabank, I would be very happy to continue to work here until I retire, with the way technology is going more and more jobs are being eliminated I'm being proactive in looking for another job
Fast paced, continuous problem solving
accounts Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2016
Typical Day working in the New Accounts Department at Scotiabank always feels rewarding.

I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience by managing the phones on a day to day basis, and have grown relationships with the branches helping them meet the processing requirements is a respectable timely fashion. I really enjoy being able to processing updates between calls on clients accounts and learning better way to multitask.

My co-workers have all been very supportive and open to helping out in any times of need. We bring ideas and solutions to the team and we try to provide better processing techniques to the table to help meet the clients needs. The hardest part of my job is also my most enjoyable part of my job, advising difficult situations and having to problem solve and find the answers. Its my least because some people can be more difficult than others but the end result is always rewarding.

I have learned a great deal of the banking industry and the every day needs we have to provide to our clients.
Pros
great experience
Cons
sitting for long periods