Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative - Scotiabank
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ON26 April 2016
My responsibilities are interacting with customers daily to help meet their day to day banking needs and resolving resolutions helping them bank efficiently.

I have a passion for giving financial advice and solutions to customers and sales driven promoting Scotiabank products and services. I have learned ways on developing sales and I am currently one of the top sales representative from my team.

My coworkers, management and myself are always putting customers needs first and making sure that our customers leave satisfied with their banking services.

The hardest part of the job I faced was the learning curve during my training process. Attention to detail is very important and mistakes can lead to problematic situations such as loss of money or anti money laundering. It is important that training is taken seriously and learning as much as you can before you are on your own.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting happy customers and knowing that you were able to be an excellent service to them meeting their day to day needs and by providing financial solutions.
productive
Home Financing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 November 2016
Comprehensive knowledge of mortgage sales, underwriting process, application and insurance products.
· Offered a " full package ” approach by analyzing clients financial whole picture, often a fundamental credit counsel to support mortgagors with fixing credit related problems for clients.
· Developed an extensive database of contacts dealing with realtors, commercial/ residential developers, investors and other industry related orientated professionals in order to attract
Working at Scotiabank
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2016
It's great working environment with very helpful co-workers. Working at Scotiabank is stressful and but if you work hard you will be rewarded for it.
Demanding and High Stress
Banker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 September 2016
Great place to work, lots of great people to work with. Lots of internal politics in play all the time, must be willing to "coach up" to managers.
good Place
Contact Center Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON18 August 2016
good place, They have good Team & Management where The can Mane you work better thank andy aother Location hence I do recomend people to apply on it as they are good
Not as good of a job as people think
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 July 2016
Scotiabank was a good place to work. It no longer values its employees. It does not care for those who have served them for most of their careers. There is no job security anymore.
Excellent Work/Life Balance and team work.
Business Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2016
A typical day at work involves scheduled meetings and walkthrough sessions with stakeholders. I have learnt that the key is communication both written and verbal to ensure that we keep to the project timelines and deliverables or otherwise make adjustment via project change request.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with attrition, where mid stream into a project, a project lead or member leaves the project.
I have found overcoming project challenges and deploying a working solution an enjoyable part of the job.
Sb
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS23 June 2016
Great place to work , people are amazing , good work/life balance, really good hours , good moral , I learned alot about banking. The best part about working here is the people and getting to know .
Pros
holiday meals, outings
Cons
pay
Can't think of a worse job
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 August 2015
Horrible leadership. Unrealistic expectations and targets. Long hours. Salary is so abysmal that the cleaners (who were contracted from another company) got paid more per hour than I did. After a record-breaking year in profits, management responded by drastically cutting our benefits. Everybody is stressed out all the time, it's not uncommon at all see your fellow coworkers break down into tears or take stress leaves. If anybody is thinking of working for this company, avoid it all costs. Being homeless would probably still be a better lifestyle than being a Scotiabank employee.
Pros
Life will no longer seem like it goes by too fast
Cons
Management, long hours, salary, expectations, not appreciated, everything you can think of that would make a job suck
Great work environment
Catering department­ Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2016
The catering department at the Saddledome is a great place to work at. It was my first serving experience and I learned a lot. My customer service skills have improved, as well as time management, multitasking, dealing with being under pressure at times, and paying attention to detail. I enjoyed providing people excellent service while it was also a fun component being behind the scenes of a fun event.
Pros
Great people, fun events, great pay
Cons
Not stable shifts
Good environment to learn in
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ontario3 July 2016
ScotiaBank has an excellent training program. The branch manager and related support staff make a huge difference in your success.

Perks are generally good, you get prime rate on credit products, bank account(s) with no fees.

The downside is that Financial Advisors are seriously overworked and underpaid for their position. The only way to get ALL your work done is to work overtime, and that overtime is rarely paid.

Also everything is a statistic... nothing is based on the worth and your own hard work. You could be working like a fool... but if one number is off, then you fail to meet your objectives.
Nice placeto work
QAT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 July 2016
Nice work culture and lot of learning while working with different vendors at the same time. Co-workers are really helpfull and never say No for anything.
Friendly and inviromently good place to work.
Trade Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2016
-checking the system for any urgent payments due on that date.
-start processing daily payments
-follow up for released work items
-process some entries under SWIFT BESS System
-dispatching the documents after releasing.

Hardest part is the dispatching documents with in the different pick up deadlines of the different courier companies to meet the customers satisfaction.
Productive work place with excellent team players meeting the customers needs
Customer service as a teller representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON2 June 2016
Financial workplace with customer service and a great place to work with with excellent team players and great upper management.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
long lunches
No! I don't recommend the call center in Scarborough!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 July 2016
No, I don't recommend the call center in Scarborough, I was there for 8 years, I hated it! Some (guy) manager was so ignorant, he would say something to hurt the team members indirectly in team meetings and he never promote his team members to another department. I put up with that manager for 8 years, I give him 2 thumbs down!

Also he is not the only manager that is ignorant, there is a couple of them there in that Birchmount and Eglinton location,
Pros
Cons
no movement and ignorant manger (S)
Loved my job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC27 September 2016
I got to go to a wonderful working environment and help clients do their day to day banking, apply for mortgages and credit cards. over all the the most enjoyable part was my customers, I loved the satisfaction of finding the best solution for their inquiries and knowing I was going above and beyond anyones expectations.
Pros
great health care
Cons
short breaks and long morning meetings
its an okay place to work not too bad not great either
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 May 2016
this job is not easy to advance in and there is no options to get ahead ... they do not recognize or help anyone it is all based on who you know and who you can rub elbows with
Pros
good hours
Cons
no room for advancement
A great professional culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
A typical day at the bank includes dealing with a lot of people with different personalities and backgrounds, and providing clients with financial services. I've been lucky to work with a great team where i've learnt a lot from my manager. My team members are great, Scotia has a great culture to work in.
Great place to learn and grow
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 November 2015
Scotiabank helped me polish my skills as I kept moving up the ladder . It has a great multi cultural environment . I got to work as team leader and team player at the same time and was trusted with great deal of responsibilities which further instilled confidence in me.
Management I got to work with took great interest in my career development and coached me in the right direction .
Dealing with customers helped learn a lot more about growing demands of financial needs of each individual client .
It is a great place to work .
Fun and energetic workplace
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 January 2016
Great place to work with excellent benefits and training. Wonderful people to work with and a lot of opportunity for advancement . Limited opportunity in the Atlantic region in some fields however which are most concentrated elsewhere.
Pros
great benefits, flexibiltiy in shift changes