Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Great team to work with
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2017
I have been working with Scotiabank for about 3 years now and currently in my role I am a supervisor and in my department we deal with customer adjustments, overdrafts,staff accounts, closing overdrawn accounts. Basically what the branch cant do they send it to our department and get that request completed.Our department is called transaction fulfillment.I believe the hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with branch requests because we do serve all the branches in the country and we always usually have backlogs as well.
Pros
social events
Productive place
IT SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Distrito Federal4 September 2017
I learned team work, I also learned to work with differente characters throughout the organization. The workplace culture is one of the strongest assets of the organization.
Good job to learn the basics
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 September 2017
Good job experience to learn about finances, accounting, talking to customers, selling, as well has basic economic concepts applied to the real world.
good learning
QA Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 August 2017
great learning ,opportunities ,less pay and more secure .
talented business analyst and managers. very good place to work.

Highly impractical timelines.
Nice Company to work
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
Work life balance.
Support work from home.
Average Package and remunerations , Perks.
Soft Skill training are good.
Project Management tools needs to be upgraded and Process guide lines should be more standardized.
Pros
Project, Incident Management tools needs upgrades
Cons
Work life balance
summary
Senior Manager, IT&S Finance and HR Finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
Good long term strategy to move into the digital age and attract younger customers
Good support for community events both in Canada and internationally
stressful workplace with its benefits
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL30 August 2017
set daily schedule that involved:
-prep time for client meeting throughout the day, branch meeting to discuss success stories and obstacles within your work whether it be administrative or the client themselves. Throughout day I met with clients dealing multiple issues and needs. (I was qualified to set up mtgs, credit cards, line of credits, loans and even sold investments).Once meeting was over, I completed the final paper work, created notes for next contact, etc
I learned how to become organised, how to multitask, create conversation, listen and understand peoples needs, etc
Hardest part of my job was not being able to help all clients whether it was due to their financial situation or due to policy of the bank
My most enjoyable part was meeting the clients and having them smile when I was able to create a connection and satisfy their needs
Pros
benefits such as dental, medical etc
Cons
salary based, even when you brought in new money to branch, or worked extra hours
Exiting place to work
Real Estate Senior Manager Mexico, Chile & Peru (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
Always something new to challenge and learn. Working in global Bank, provides me an intercultural and diverse negotiations skills.
It is a very flexible company to work.
Pros
Proffesionalism
Great training program
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON29 August 2017
I worked as a bank teller with Scotia Bank for two years. Finance and/or banking is not a career path that I am interested in pursuing, however working as a bank teller was a fantastic way to gain customer service experience quickly. Because banking is not my field, I was incredibly nervous when I was hired on as a teller. I was pleasantly surprised by the training methods of the other tellers. I learned very quickly thanks to the training process. I would recommend this job to anyone looking to start their career in the banking industry.
Good & Bad
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
The good things

Some management is outstanding, it is a diverse company. The working hours are not too bad (much better than Investment Banking)

The challenges

Technology is a challenge with large firms.
Work Life Balance Enviornment
Performance and Capacity Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
- Check the scheduled job result and analyze the result.
- work on the project (both design and automation)
- analyzed the daily and monthly reports and send to relevant development groups and senior management
This employer like to outsource
Quality Assurance Analyst - Intermediate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON27 August 2017
Spent almost two decades, was a bitter sweet journey for me then I just received an email to meet the SVP and was subsequently told that I am no longer working with the oompany.
First Junior level job as QA.
Junior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 August 2017
Learned a lot about office culture and QA. People around me was always nice and supportive. My TL taught me a lot about different strategies and how to approach them.
Branch Staff and Management Team
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON23 August 2017
One of the major banks was a great place to work! My leaders and co-workers were great people to work with. They assisted when needed and provided guidance and resources to be successful.
Depending on management, this can be a good place to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
Depending on management, this can be a good place to work. Work experience is only relevant to your supervisor. I have had an amazing branch manager and a terrible manager with a micro management attitude. Long work hours were appreciated and awarded by one branch manager, while the other did not.
Pros
company perks
Cons
Nice company culture and relax working environment
Accounting Analyst Co-op (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 August 2017
The team I worked in has really nice co workers and the environment is really relaxing. The policy for taking vacation is flexible and the benefit is pretty good.
Pros
good benefit
Cons
no job gurantee
Learned many skills at Scotiabank. Felt proud working there.
Lending and Investment Officer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 August 2017
Many phone call, large and crazy workload. Drop in customers who you had to serve, including schduled customers. Need to work under pressure. Always a deadline to for example, submit a loan application or RSP deadlines. Mortgage loan deadlines so they could be processed ontime for closing day. Not to mention, internal mandated deadlines. Once a week staff meetings. Dress up everyday nicely in a suit. Unfortunately, a sales target culture has taken it's roots there subverting service levels. Staff that have the best sales are rewarded and nothing recognized for those with good service.
Pros
Can get alot of experience in advising about financial services and products
Cons
Scary work load, sometimes crazy pressure
Horrible training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 August 2017
The team was not helpful, I have worked in a small branch, the workplace culture is very bad, there is no proper training, also the managers don't care if you do your job well.
large company to work for
Teller (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB18 August 2017
loved working for the bank. i got to learn different postitions in my time there. the part time hours were not enough for me. i did work in a few of the banks in sylvan lake and red deer to keep part time position. hours were cut and i had to find a more permanent job
Pros
constant learning
Good salary and benefits in a clean and professional environment.
Manager Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Maple, ON18 August 2017
The only thing constant at Scotiabank is change. Manager Customer Service level is typically stressful due to the constant down sizing and redistribution of workloads. In our age of technology most customers come to the branch because they have a problem so you must be adept at changing a negative situation into a positive opportunity to sell.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.