SCOTIABANK

SCOTIABANK Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Scotiabank Front Line
Customer Service & Support Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 8, 2014
I have enjoyed the connections I have made while being employed at Scotiabank. I believe you can make great references and collect a lot of diverse experience at any level you are employed at. There are multiple ways to advance in the company depending on what your strong suits are.
Operational risk analyst
Operational Risk Analyst - Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2014
As an intern my duties included simplifying risk monitoring and identification process of key risk indicators and building a database to track and manage process-based risk control self assessments.
Senior Manager, Finance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: log hours
Excellent place to work. Great work/life balance, good benefits. Great opportunities for advancement. Competitive salaries.
Good Place to work
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee), CalgaryFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: very good management & training team
Cons: hours are not flexible always
Learned a lot about financial sector. Scotiabank has good growth opportunity. Just prove yourself to your manager.
Decent place to work
Branch Redirect Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: terrible management
Scotiabank is a great place to work if you are a recent graduate, stay at home mom or someone who just doesn't want to retire just yet. With that said, I am niether which is why I'm choosing to move on with the company and its vision.
Longterm staff, with great benefits for regular employees.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Longterm staff, with great benefits for regular employees.
Loved being a Scotiabanker as a support rep
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits, reasonable pay, company social parties, room to advance
Cons: some managers micro manage
I loved working at Scotiabank. I was always busy, sometimes too busy. The hardest part of my job was the amount of the work load, it was a lot for just one person. My co-workers were great, helpful, friendly, and kind.
A fun and enjoyable place to work
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Richmondhill, ONFebruary 6, 2014
I enjoy going to work when i am scheduled, i feel welcome, and i know i will have help if i need it.
Personal Banking Advisor (Former Employee), OntarioFebruary 5, 2014
Management is extremely supportive and the job culture is fantastic.
Productive and positive environment
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, OnJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: positive
Very productive and engaging environment, contractors are treated like full time employees.
great for a stepping stone, just don't get stuck there for too long (>1yr)- pay is not worth it
Small Business Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2014
Not progressive, old school mgmt mentality, poor salaries, hight employee turnover
Very customer focused and diverse work place
Program Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: ability to travel and meet clients
- I work directly with corporate and commercial clients on projects to deplay payment solutions.
- I work with our vendors to help deliver the project and manage action items to ensure the overall project is deployed in time and under budget.
- I meet with stakeholders to review these payment solutions, online softwares and work with them to constantly – more... improve our products.
- I work with a support team and other product manager
- I enjoy the relationships that I've built and the ability to solve peoples problems – less
Fun Workplace
Teller (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: they were always there for you .
Cons: sometimes it was hard to change shifts.
Typical day was to be there 30 min before open for a morning meeting , we then went to our work stations, helped customers had a wonderful communication with out co-worker.When 3:30 came we closed up our cash.
I learned to work fast and efficient. Communication and listening skills were very important.hardest part was when the bank was at it's high – more... peak and there were a lot of customer and sometime very inpatient. The enjoyable part was working in a wonderful workplace were you were excepted and had wonderful co-workers that at the end of the day you could consider a friend. – less
Good place to work and advance in the company.
Master Terminal Operator (Former Employee), TorontoJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere.
Cons: night shift work.
Shift review.
Review changes for the night
Checked health status of systems.
Checked emails
Monitor applications
Shutdown online applications for daily night batch run
Monitor batch jobs
Constant communications with application support
Great atmosphere
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJanuary 8, 2014
Call Center environment, no physical work, excellent phone skills.
Great workplace with good advancment and wonderful co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bayview and HightechDecember 30, 2013
Working at Scotiabank has helped me develop myself as a person in regards to becoming more knowledgeable and more helpful to others. I am able to assist customers in becoming more financially stable and secure. Management is always helpful and ready to assist with any questions and helpful with advancement. My favorite part is interacting and helping – more... many people save money and become more financially healthy. – less
Great advancement opportunities. Low Pay old systems
Personal Banking Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2013
Pros: great advancement opportunities
Cons: low pay old systems
Great Advancement opportunities. Low pay old systems

Long hours because of old systems

Management gets on your back about everything. Volunteer work in addition to normal hours too much.

Job for life if you want it
Excellent workplace
Customer Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches, staff parties
Cons: not the most competitive wages
It has a fun atmosphere and lots of opportunity. Working in team atmosphere with both individual and collective goals and targets. rewards for reaching and exceeding techniques. Great opportunities for development of skills such as leadership, teamwork, and responsibility. Great for working on problem solving techniques and analyzing new information – more... and developing analyzing process. – less
Good values good environment
Associate Business Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoDecember 17, 2013
Scotiabank provided an enjoyable work environment with many opportunities to learn and grow. Environment would vary by department however. Overall great company for which to work.
Great job to push your self to new limits
Home Financing Advisor (Current Employee), TorontoDecember 2, 2013
Pros: freedom to build your business the way your like and very good pay
Cons: you are on call 24/7, your pay is determined not by getting a deal but by the underwritter approving the loan
This is a role where you will learn truly what your strengts and weakness are. You will have to be able to problem solve issues as they arise and at the last minute.

Your day will start with prospecting and setting up meetings with Centres of Influence to grow your business and build new relationships.

Competency and sound financial advise is the – more... key to the success of this role. – less

About SCOTIABANK

Scotiabank is a leading financial services provider in over 55 countries and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming – Read more