Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Good Company
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2017
Great Company to work for.
Flexible time lines.
Great Company culture
Great people
Allows you to work from home
Internal systems are great
Good group dynamic
Senior Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 January 2017
I work in the indirect loans department and I payout car loans, write letters to clients and also update any client information on their profiles.
My supervisors are very understanding about my school schedule and offer flexible hours so it is a great balance.
During my time at Scotiabank, there has been changes in the structure and also there have been new technologies in place. I had to learn about a new check scanning machine and also had to learn about the system in order to credit or debit client's accounts.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I am not doing the same task everyday, there is always something new and different to learn which keeps work exciting.
The hardest part of the job would be that sometimes we are so overwhelmed with work, but there is not enough time to finish - this has taught me about time management and prioritizing.
Pros
Flexible hours
Strong support work/life balance
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2017
My experience during my time at the bank has always been great managers who strongly supported work/life balance - work from home when needed.
very pleasant environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2017
Staff members very friendly and pleasant. Everyday you are learning something different and new. Customers usually very friendly and really nice. Enjoyable place to work.
mortgage
Bilingual Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2017
scotiabank is a great company with an excellent culture i work with them since 2011, i am lucky to learn and be surrounded by people who help me to grow.
as Funder i am in charge of my own day no micro management i am allowed to come when i when and to organize by date based on my duties. in fact i am in charge of mortgage funding in province of BC , ON , AB. i work in collaboration with brokers, lawyers and underwriter . i manage mortgage financing and / or refinancing , make sure that scotiabank interests are protected.
the management is amazing as i said no micro management you organize your work the way you want.

the hardest part of the job is the organization + prioritizing there is always something that pop up at the last minute, escalations dels, funds transfer issue , coverage etc...
being fast and proactive is the key.
the most enjoyable part is my team i have such a great team , i work with people i trust and who can trust me,we work as a team . i like this part of my work + the work environment is appropriate for self development
A great work culture that taught more than customer service.
Balancing Teller (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 January 2017
Scotiabank is a great company that I was honoured and grateful to be a part of. As a balancing teller I learned more than just how to deal with customers, but to adapt to changing technologies, computer softwares and new systems of work that were put in place.
Great Training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON20 January 2017
Scotibank bank offers great training to help you succeed in your job role, unfortunately when you start it is only a causal position and the hours aren't always there to make this a permanent job. if you can wait for a permanent position this is a great place to work.
Scotiabank
Specialized Borrowing Officer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 January 2017
consistent hours and good managers to help you advance in the company, or if you're comfortable the position is always available for you.
able to work from home
Mortgage Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2017
i enjoyed working there because i was able to help my clients with there finances. the pay structure was good as it was base plus commission. the only drawback was that if my clients did not receive an approval the file would be dead because there was no other avenues to send the file to.
Pros
lack of lenders
Cons
pay was base plus commission
predictable, conservative, non-advancement
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 January 2017
This is a company that is very conservative and very structure oriented. Original thinking is not encouraged. If you are looking for an employer circa 1950's then this is the company for you. Unless you are employed in Toronto there is very little advancement beyond branch manager.
Pros
predictable
Cons
no advancement
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlantic Contact Center, Halifax, NS19 January 2017
Amazing place to work. So much empowerment, support and encouragement.

Great place to meet new people from different cultures.

Toughest part of the job was dealing with irate, self- entitled clients who believe rules don't apply to them. For what ever reason. You are trained how to deal with this personality type, however, sometimes the nastiness received is overwhelming and mind boggling.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Late night shifts
fun place to work, have branch panic and year end parties etc
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2017
Working with Scotiabank was a job that I enjoyed very much, the compensation and benefits package was great and employees are all compensate for their hard work and contribution to the job and the team. I work for Scotiabank for 19 yrs before I took early retirement in 2015, and if is wasn't for moving to USA, Scotiabank would still be my employer today, the staff are great and everyone work as a team to get the job done in a timely manner and done right.
Pros
compensate well
Cons
cannot thing of one at the moment
I learned a lot
Manager, Reporting (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
I like working at Scotiabank, I had a wonderful time with Scotiabank. I learned a lot from my manager and co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning. I was treated with respect and was given plenty of opportunities to earn respect from my manager and co-workers.
Good place under the right manager
Manager Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 January 2017
Overall Scotiabank is a fair and equitable place to work, however all depends of the person you are working under, standards are bent to accommodate a few
Great workplace with opportunities for advancement
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB16 January 2017
My coworkers were a pleasure to be around, very helpful. The environment was very comfortable, and the opportunity to meet different characters everyday made the job even more interesting. There were a barrage of opportunities for higher advancement and acquiring different licenses.
Perfect place to work
Sr QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 January 2017
Given a chance will definitely like to work again. Perfect environment, proper growth, good supportive people both colleagues as well as managers, many social activities.
Pros
Birthday Celebrations
Great team to work with
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
As I worked in a small branch the environment was great, we were like a family looking out for each other and helping each other. The largest benefit to this small branch was the close connection with our customers as well. It was a shame when we closed as that family was separated. Truly I learned many new things and met wonderful people which enriched my knowledge and work ethics.

Great team and place to work
great people, industry and focus on latinoamerica. Low salaries and not a great middle management.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2017
Great industry and a company going through a lot of changes and without a clear direction. People are great and good pension and some of the benefits such as buying shares.
Pros
Industry, focus on lationamerica, some benefits
Cons
Low salaries, middle management, lack of focus
Horrible
Small Business Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wynyard, SK12 January 2017
Scotiabank is the worst business to work for. Their placement of Mangers and how these Managers are coached and treated is ridiculous. Not once was our Manager work/life balanced. Terrible pay, terrible structure, terrible benefits. They are not inline with their structure or values sat all. They will never be Canada's number one bank.
Great job!
Customer service/support rep (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 January 2017
Every day was different as each customer had a unique request, loved to help them out and set them on their financial pathway. Staff were always dedicated to their customers
Pros
Great benefits