SCOTIABANK

SCOTIABANK Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great advancement opportunities. Low Pay old systems
Personal Banking Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 28, 2013
Pros: great advancement opportunities
Cons: low pay old systems
Great Advancement opportunities. Low pay old systems

Long hours because of old systems

Management gets on your back about everything. Volunteer work in addition to normal hours too much.

Job for life if you want it
Excellent workplace
Customer Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 19, 2013
Pros: free lunches, staff parties
Cons: not the most competitive wages
It has a fun atmosphere and lots of opportunity. Working in team atmosphere with both individual and collective goals and targets. rewards for reaching and exceeding techniques. Great opportunities for development of skills such as leadership, teamwork, and responsibility. Great for working on problem solving techniques and analyzing new information – more... and developing analyzing process. – less
Good values good environment
Associate Business Analyst (Former Employee), TorontoDecember 17, 2013
Scotiabank provided an enjoyable work environment with many opportunities to learn and grow. Environment would vary by department however. Overall great company for which to work.
Great job to push your self to new limits
Home Financing Advisor (Current Employee), TorontoDecember 2, 2013
Pros: freedom to build your business the way your like and very good pay
Cons: you are on call 24/7, your pay is determined not by getting a deal but by the underwritter approving the loan
This is a role where you will learn truly what your strengts and weakness are. You will have to be able to problem solve issues as they arise and at the last minute.

Your day will start with prospecting and setting up meetings with Centres of Influence to grow your business and build new relationships.

Competency and sound financial advise is the – more... key to the success of this role. – less
Great place
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2013
Friendly co-workers and great management. Learned lots of computer and accounting skills. Worked about 8am-4pm. Loved it.
Good Job
CARDS Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 23, 2013
Good Place to work at. Opportunities to grow, friendly co-workers.
Friendly staff and customers.
Teller (Current Employee), Leduc AlbertaNovember 17, 2013
Pros: friendly staff and customers
Cons: casual
A typical day would be all activities that apply to a bank teller, deposits, withdrawals, drafts, money orders, and all aspects of banking. Everyone is enjoyable and fun to work with and I really can't think of anything that is overly hard. There are times I have run into banking situations that I have not done before but they always get explained and – more... completed. The most enjoyable part of the job are my customers. – less
Retail Banking
Personal Banking Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 13, 2013
Great opportunity to learn the banking systems in Canada. Lots of room for growth.
Very demanding job, but excellent company to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 7, 2013
Pros: regular treat days, great benefits, great bonus.
Cons: very demanding work, can get stressful.
I love Scotiabank. The culture is very friendly, shifts are quite flexible, however the job is very demanding, very little down time with the exception of breaks. Be prepared to really work! Lots of opportunity to grow for those in the banking field.
A life learing experience
Currently retired (Former Employee), Gander, NLNovember 7, 2013
Pros: i met people from different countries. i was working during 9-11, heartbreaking but in goose bay, nl, we were a welcoming place .
Cons: long hours, but they were my choice. i wanted to do an outstanding job.
My days started early, ended late. From opening all of the cash safe for the various staff, reports, daily staffing, customer contact. Staff issues, customer complaints, turning lemons into lemonade is a great saying. I worked well with others including management. My co workers knew from day one, I was someone they could turn to, be objective, find – more... a balance, and be trusted to keep a confidence, and have a silly song going on at the end of the day when the doors were closed. The hardest part of any job is trying to leave it at work. I retired too early, I miss the work environment. Definitely the most enjoyable part of my job was knowing I did my best each day, and tomorrow I got to do it all over again, with a few twists, with some great co workers. I would be remiss, if I did not say that meeting people, customers and staff, from all walks of life was the most interesting. – less
Scotiabank is a great place to work
Personal Banking Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 5, 2013
Pros: good work environment
Cons: i can't think of any
I learned about financial analysis and data modeling. I learned about administrative support system used by Scotiabank and learned how to manage multiple projects.
Great Student Focus
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), SKOctober 29, 2013
Scotiabank is very flexible with a students hectic schedule. They do everything in their power to accommodate their student employees! The supervisors are extremely helpful, and make coming to work enjoyable.
Great Job Security
Mutual Funds Representative (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 29, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: n/a
Great Job Security with a great potential to advance your career
I like my high profile job
Credit Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 28, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: stressful job
I like my job except it becomes too stressful at the end. I have to leave due to high stress level.
A good place to work
Mortgage Administration Officer (Current Employee), Stratford, ONOctober 25, 2013
the culture and work/life balance is excellent but there is very few advancement opportunities and the benefits are not good
Very negative environment riddled with ambiguity and contradiction
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2013
Pros: no bank fees
Cons: work/life balance, benefits, culture
A typical day; dealing with unprofessional behaviour, politics, egos, lack of direction/support.
N/A
Electronic Banking & Bus Acct Service Officer (Current Employee), Western Service Centre, Calgary, ABOctober 17, 2013
Pros: great building, cafeteria, gym, etc.
Cons: n/a
Great people to work with, flexibility with schedule, different shifts and type of work.
Poisoned Environment in International Accounting
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 17, 2013
I had heard many good things about Scotiabank. However, after working for almost two years for the International Banking - Accounting, I can only say that all management care is about their own bonuses. It is a very territorial place, meaning that people hate you just because you started working there and are not friendly. Senior Management doesn't – more... even acknowledge your existence and the VP only hires women to work for her - if you are a men, no matter what you do, you will never succeed.

In summary, I heard Scotiabank is a great place but not this specific area I work! – less
n/a
Senior Manager, International Banking (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 17, 2013
Great learning environment and exposure to International Senior Executives
Unique and charitable place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 17, 2013
Pros: volunteering with charities and non profit organizations
Cons: sad stories relating to illness, homelessness, etc.
I have been very lucky to have been given the opportunity to work for a great bank and with a great team.

There are many rewards to my position as Assistant Manager in the Donations & Sponsorships department seeing how the bank's funds are used in local communities in Canada and Latin America. I receive very positive feedback from branches who have – more... their funds matched through our bank's employee program and who are very passionate about the philathropic work our bank/department does. – less

About SCOTIABANK

Scotiabank is a leading financial services provider in over 55 countries and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming – Read more