Scotiabank Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 16, 2015
Great team atmosphere, great hours, pay and benefits. Would recommend working there to anyone. Very understanding of personal needs and willing to assist with anything, everyone is very supportive of each other.
Global enterprise with a social projection
MANAGER - ANALYTICS (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 10, 2016
Scotiabank is revamping its strategy to turn into a financial technology company. Culture rewards continued learning and social involvement. It is one of the few places in Canada where Spanish language is an asset. Our department has a long-standing collaborative culture.
good atmosphere
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2015
No communication between branches and policies
but overall a good company to work for
Lots of work and sometimes overworked
for the salary made
Great Learning Opportunity
Human Resource Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONApril 26, 2016
Wonderful work atmosphere with trained staff who are more than happy to help.

Learned communication skills, policy, legislative requirements and procedures which are essential to any HR position.
Pros
Presentations
Cons
Primarily an Administrative Function
Not good company
Facility Manager, Scarborough Data Center (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 29, 2015
Not a good company. Very poor compensation except for executives. Work hard but only executives make good pay. Benefit is bad too.
Pros
None.
Cons
Bad compensation
Respect and Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 16, 2016
 Resolved service concerns by clarifying customer complaints and followed up to ensured resolution.
 Explained organization’s mission and customer service standards to new employees.
 Contributed to team effort and accomplished targeted sales goals.
Productive and fun environment to work.
Customer Representative/Teller (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCFebruary 21, 2016
I learned great team building skills, enjoyed working with my coworkers. Typical day would be dependant on how busy the branch was.However overall experience was great.Learned a lot about myself and the banking industry.
Meeting great clients
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Marathon, ONOctober 16, 2015
I really enjoyed working with client to come up with solutions to their financial needs. Working in a small town branch there was a lot of favouritism by management which held new employees back and unable to succeed
Pros
Client interactions
Cons
Favourtism
Enjoyable warm place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONFebruary 19, 2016
Typical day included me addressing customers concerns. As well as taking care of customers daily needs. Throughout my time at Scotiabank I learned how to increase my communication skills as I was able to meet and network with a handful of various customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Various changes
Friendly work Place
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Lac La Biche, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Very accepting place to work. Team is awesome and enjoy working with everyone of them. Scotia Bank is excellent. I learnt a lot here and the team was always there when I needed them the most. We became more a family and for that I am so great full.
Pros
Building friendships
Mortgage Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 2, 2016
A great place to work. Employees were encouraged to acknowledged co-workers through Applause. There was a challenge each working day to provide excellent customer service while ensuring Service Level Agreements are adhered to.
Pros
Meal Treats
Cons
Daily work quota
It is really a great place to work and grow. Fun environment very professional. Scotiabank really value his employee and their customers
Customer Service Officer - Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 25, 2014
a typical day of work for me at the credit department was pretty much to assist customers with all inquires regarding revolving credits; day to day banking; branch and account information or redirect them to a different department if needed. There is so much to learn in term of products; systems; or even for your own financial habit. the management team is very accessible helpful and knowledgeable. my coworkers are great people. the hardest part depending of the department you work for, is to learn how to use the system. But there is a bunch of great facilitators there to help you get used to it. The Best part of the job, I believe was the training period where we all have the same schedule and can all share ideas. other than that, the job itself is just great and you get competitive benefits.
Supportive and learning place
Analyst, Data Governance, Finance, DSS (Current Employee) –  1 Richmond St, TorontoMarch 8, 2015
I am involved with the analysis of Change Request that impact on financial reporting from the holistic view of the bank. Also involve with the process to document and improve the existing one. I am really glad to have an opportunity to be at Scotiabank due to its contribution to my career improvement. Management is very participative and gives values to the micro level employees, if they can contribute towards improving the processes and the way of work going on. It is my privilege to work with my colleagues. They are very supportive and indicative for excelling my key skillsets. I like the leading the meeting held in every week
Pros
excelling the learning and growing career development
Creative and Workcentric
Manager Credit & Operations (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2016
Scotia Bank is really an employee oriented organization always providing support to the employees through " Employee Engagement Program" where i got a chance to speak about my ideas contributing to the growth of the organization.
Great Workplace and even better people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 13, 2016
Great workplace, really flexible and supportive environment for a person working and completing school. Also a great introduction to customer service, office administration and confidentiality skills.
Learned a lot in this position.
Estate Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 15, 2015
Estates department work was complex with different variables & dimensions. It was an introduction to my banking career in Canada.
its an okay place to work not too bad not great either
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 24, 2016
this job is not easy to advance in and there is no options to get ahead ... they do not recognize or help anyone it is all based on who you know and who you can rub elbows with
Pros
good hours
Cons
no room for advancement
good workplace
Customer Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
It is a good environment to work in with lots of room to grow and move up with the company. There are many opportunities to utilize in-house training and learning centres to take free courses to expand your product/industry knowledge.
Productive work place
Senior QA, QA Lead (contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Productive work place with a fast pace of projects and highly professional contractors. The type of environment where you will sharpen your multitasking and technical skills in balancing between many projects and meeting tough deadlines.
Well, it is just Co-op.
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
It depends on team, some teams are serious but some teams are connected. In all, it is co-op position in bank and it is safe anyway but bank is cutting off people crazy. I rate 4 out of 5 for my experience anyway because I learned something.