Scotiabank

Scotiabank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Positive Work Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 22, 2015
If company paid better they may attract higher valued employees. Positive place to work, good benefits and work/home life management
A professional and proficient workplace to be with
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee), Timberlea, ABOctober 22, 2015
Working in Scotiabank is so rewarding and you will learn and experience how to be very efficient and productive at work.
Productive and fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 21, 2015
Great place to learn and grow as an individual and professionally. There are many opportunities and the staff are great ! .. Everyone was very willing to help when needed and build a great relationship.
Learning experience in a contract basis
Litigation Law Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2015
Great place to work with supportive team. A typical day will start with a huddle with the lawyers who will provide a guideline in which law firm or department we should contact to defend the bank. The most enjoyable part was the feeling of getting the job done and work alongside my colleagues who were very supportive and helpful. The end of the quarter was very stressful and things had to get done very fast without mistakes. Every day there was a new case and a new challenge and it was very exciting.
a nice place to stay until retire
Former back office employee (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCOctober 16, 2015
Pros: quite a few benefits
Cons: bank prefer to invest money on programs which can shorten head count
Unless you have a willing to take responsibility supervisor.
Should promote someone with leadership and be fair to be a supervisor than just a person having "more experience".
Other than that I enjoyed to work there.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABOctober 16, 2015
Great team atmosphere, great hours, pay and benefits. Would recommend working there to anyone. Very understanding of personal needs and willing to assist with anything, everyone is very supportive of each other.
Meeting great clients
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee), Marathon, ONOctober 16, 2015
Pros: Client interactions
Cons: Favourtism
I really enjoyed working with client to come up with solutions to their financial needs. Working in a small town branch there was a lot of favouritism by management which held new employees back and unable to succeed
plenty of opportunity
Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 14, 2015
Had an 8-4 workday, hour lunch, my manager was very supportive and gave me access and exposure to all types of individuals at all levels. The bank is large and getting approval on anything takes a long time.
Good place to work with good work balance
Manager Direct Marketing (Contract) (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 11, 2015
It's a good company to work for. The people is good. Not very well organized but in general is good.

They have good care of people
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brooklin< ONOctober 9, 2015
Pros: Interacting with customers
Cons: Lack of hours
Fast paced environment, dealing with customers day to day banking transactions. Being confident in decision making when dealing with non branch customers. Knowing your daily customers well and getting used to their daily banking routine. Great co-workers and I have gained excellent customer service skills working for Scotiabank.
Great place to work for.
SENIOR FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee), Surrey, BCOctober 2, 2015
Pros: great working hours
Cons: short deadlines
Great hours to work, great environment, fast paced. Great co workers and astonishing resources available to get your particular job done. You need to have patience and able to deal with certain types of clients.
Productive work and
Network Administrator (Current Employee), TorontoOctober 1, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, positive atmosphere
Cons: Commute to work
On a typical day, I execute and deliver automation results to my manager. Communicate business requirements to automation development team.

Implement testing in UAT and Production for Enterprise software.
The management here at Scotia allowed me to learn how to handle an enterprise level project management.

The co-workers are very supportive and encouraging to participate in cross functional teams.
Fun work place with supportive management.
Manager personal Banking (Current Employee), Hazeldean, Kanata, OntarioSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: Working in a team
Cons: Still using windows XP
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. The office started to get crowded as the company grew.
Productive and engaging work environment
Client Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto,OnSeptember 24, 2015
Great Company to work for, with a diverse and talented employee base. The bank provides great opportunity to learn from different business lines and improve your skills. Excellent customer service experience and analytical skills gained by working here.
Good work environment, nice people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), St.Thomas OntarioSeptember 18, 2015
Pros: Great people and environment
Cons: not enough work
I was a customer service representative, my duty was being on the frontline as a teller cashing and depositing cheques, transfers, wire transfers, western union transfers, faxing, booking appointments, and completing calls for our sales staff etc...
I enjoyed working with all of my co-workers and we had a lot of fun as well in my time working there..
The hardest part of the job wasn't the job itself, I really enjoyed it.
There just wasn't enough hours.
fun workplace with great colleagues
Bilingual Bank Specialist representative (Former Employee), Halifax, NSSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere, constant changes, helping customers and business is acknowledged
Cons: short lunches, difficult to see the end result of processing benefits
Typical day at work is to arrive on time for your work schedule. Review emails and respond time sensitively and by prioritize accordingly. Create/action/review/close cases build daily. Answer incoming calls from customer, listen and resolve with professionalism. look for new innovative ways to help the business and present to management as procedure requires. Follow rules and procedures according to business requirement. Time management and prioritize work and separate socializing time and work time and using it effectively are a few of the things I've learned through years and having a sense to better myself. I am very personable hence hardly have conflict with co-workers and teamwork is one of my biggest strength. Hardest part of the job is leaving things unfinished for the next day, I like to have things done or resolve within moments, so I can also say that patience has been build up for me as well in a sense. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the day is over, through no personal gain, realized that I have help so many today and being acknowledged by the business for it.
Exceptional Workplace and co workers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONSeptember 16, 2015
Pros: Good Hours
Cons: No hours provided
Exceptional support from supervisor, management and co-workers. Given proper training on the policies and requirements to work in the bank. Very good working hours
good expirence
IT support services Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Learned a lot in an exciting environment. Fun and rewarding place to work. Would defiantly go recommend working there and I would go back full time.
CSO
CSO (Current Employee), HalifaxSeptember 11, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: zero flexibility with scheduling
The job is not easy, it use to be a lot more rewarding/ you were recognized for good work, this has dwindled over the years. They are extremely tough on you to get your goals and for those excelling, does not reflect in pay.
Not much of advensement
Banking Officer (Former Employee), Bathurst and DundasSeptember 10, 2015
I would have to say that it is a great team of people to work with, however if you are looking for long term growth and salary increase, definitely not a place to be. They are extremely stingy, even though the bank makes big bucks.
Headquarters