Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Friendly & Dedicated Environment
Mortgage Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 October 2016
I believe working in a team environment is strongly effective to getting work done. There's no better feeling than satisfying the needs of a customer!
Pros
Constantly having work to accomplish and "Cozy Fridays".
Fun workplace!
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
Managers are very friendly and approachable and when there's rude guests or some issues and concerns they're just one call away. Also you can change your availability anytime they wouldn't mind, very flexible. Perfect part time job for students.
Pros
flexible hours, free movies and discounts
Cons
not competitive salary
Productive and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 October 2016
At Scotia bank I was a bank teller thus I learned how to perform day to day transactions, such as bill payments, updating customer information etc. Working with a great sum of money was out of the norm, as I was 16 years old at the time, and eventually became accustomed to it. I had the best group of co-workers and even better management. They were very helpful and gave me constructive criticism when needed. The hardest part of the job was working with the software on the computers and knowing when to click on what tab. There were many actions that can be performed, daily, and it did get confusing remembering the procedures for a couple transactions. The most enjoyable part of the job was building a client-employee relationship and working in a field that is related to my education.
Pros
Related to my field, great staff
Great people to work with. Always knew what was expected of you.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 September 2016
I loved working with Mortgages, the challenges were rewarding. A typical day for me ....first doing the branch reports. Reviewing pending work, following up. Answering the phone, setting up appointments, deal with client , lawyer and customer rep queries.
Bad management and employee engagement
IT Data Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2016
- Manager doesn't have background on data management.
- Manager doesn't have leader ship skills.
overall really bad management.
Manager doesn't have clear mandate nor know what is required for his department.
Pros
good industry knowledge
Cons
long hours, No leadership and coaching.
Very good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON27 September 2016
Very good place to work, especially if you are a student or mom.
Great customer service experience and sales. Friendly small branch atmosphere, great opportunity for growth in financial and administrative fields.
Loved my job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC27 September 2016
I got to go to a wonderful working environment and help clients do their day to day banking, apply for mortgages and credit cards. over all the the most enjoyable part was my customers, I loved the satisfaction of finding the best solution for their inquiries and knowing I was going above and beyond anyones expectations.
Pros
great health care
Cons
short breaks and long morning meetings
Assisting staff and customers always enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 September 2016
Daily interaction with customer new or repeat was enjoyable. Staff were fun to work with ,great team overall. I enjoyed learning new ways to enhance customer experiences.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Unsure of Available Hours
Awesome co-workers
Home Finance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 September 2016
Independent environment. As a mortgage professional your really need to work hard to generate your own leads. Management have been really awesome
changing work enviroment
Sr. Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Digby, NS21 September 2016
After 25 years of loyal dedication to my job and clients, my job was eliminated, this was a Canada wide initiative that the bank took.
Excellent
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 September 2016
Scotiabank is a excellent Financial Firm to work for.They provided excellent training and many hands on deck opportunities
Positive Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON19 September 2016
A very well organized branch, with a positive working environment. Strong knit group of employees, that rely on teamwork and communication in order to achieve the best results. Communicated with customers on daily basis, facilitating my interpersonal skills. Presented customized banking advice based on client’s preferences through product knowledge and situational intuition. Dealing with uneasy foreign customers was challenging at times, but understanding body language and providing excellent service was an important tactic to resolve communication problems. I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with customer on a daily basis, and providing them with the beneficial banking advice they were seeking.
Pros
Generous lunch hours
Cons
Lack of staff
share with my peer some strategies regarding a new products
financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2016
We are calling customer to sale credit card and book appointment for the customer to visit the branch . calling customer to explain the difference between line of credit and credit card ,and tell customer about the protection on the credit card
Pros
the offer a pizza to all agent because with exceed the target
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 September 2016
This a great place to work with wonderful people, always willing to help. Office environment/Management is very professional, always ready to help, guiding you to succeed.
Demanding and High Stress
Banker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 September 2016
Great place to work, lots of great people to work with. Lots of internal politics in play all the time, must be willing to "coach up" to managers.
An excellent company!
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL/Baie Verte, NL10 September 2016
I had a wonderful time with Scotiabank. I was treated with respect and was given plenty of opportunities to earn respect from my customers and peers. I provided daily services to customers regarding the sales of credit products, assisting with finances and offering budget solutions. My managers treated me like a welcome part of the team and my co-workers offered help and support through every step of my adventure with Scotiabank. The hardest part of the job was the demand for relocation. I was hoping for a position that would help me get settled but it turned out that I was expected to move to many communities before I could be offered that stability. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfaction I could provide to my customers by assisting them with my own set of cultivated skills.
Pros
Full Time, Salary, Benefits, Excellent Atmosphere
Cons
Lack of job/location stability
Toxic Culture, Zero Value for Employees
Director (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 September 2016
Completely unfamiliar with work-life balance concept... Treating people as they are dispensable.
By far the worst company I have ever worked for
Pros
Big Company, Ok salary
Cons
Culture, Management
so/so
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 September 2016
good place to work
good co-workers
new exec team ruthless, making a lot of changes and cuts
unrealistic goals set
managers looking out for themselves
Good Place towork
Financial Advisor giving advice and solutions (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 September 2016
typical day is giving financial advice to customers to meeting their long and short term financial goals.
my coworkers were great to work with as a team.
I enjoyed meeting with customers and working as a team.
Pros
Good work culture
need to improve
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON29 August 2016
Need to improve the culture of the bank regarding employee who want to continue career within this field
Otherwise colegues speaking and atmosphere at work are very friendly as well as the fact we love see people leaving satisfied our branch
We are working as a team