SCOTIABANK

SCOTIABANK Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Place of Employment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), St. Marys, ONApril 15, 2014
Pros: talk to customers every day
I had an excellent experience at Scotiabank, I loved every minute of it, even when it got stressful. My co-workers were amazing and were always willing to help when you needed it.
multi-cultural company
SENIOR ANALYST - FINANCE (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2014
lots of opportunities; very stable; multi-cultural working environment
From Call Center to Account Manager Small Business
Account Manager Small Business (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 4, 2014
Pros: training, promotions, team that feels like family, managers who support you
Cons: pay is weak, weak resolution program for internal conflict with supervisors
I started with Scotiabank in their Calgary Call Center in 1999 and earned a promotion to Account Manager Small Business in the branch system.

Why did I leave? While the pay is the lower end of the big 5 Canadian banks, it was a poor fit with my supervisor that caused me resign from BNS. I took my issues through the resolution channels and they had – more... nothing they could do and so rather than resent my career, I resigned, that aside, BNS is a phenomenal employer.

If you are looking for an organization that rewards performance with promotions and will provide you all the training you can take - Scotiabank is your spot. I loved my 5 years with Scotiabank and would go back in a second. Once a Scotiabank, always a Scotiabanker. – less
Learnt alot as totally new position to my previous jobs .
Customer Representative/Teller (Former Employee), Regina, SKMarch 25, 2014
Pros: dealing with different people, challenging, informative .
Cons: weekend hours, salary
Was in training so had to do module of exams most day . Responsible for cash handling for bank and customers . On tellers position you deal with helping customers and deal with there problems as most of time you are their first point of contact . Have to be particular and accurate with bank procedures, information given to customers and with dealing – more... with cash . I learned that customers can challenge you but due to my experience over the years have learned to manage these situations . I love meeting people and trying to give them 100% at all times. – less
vigorous and fast paced
Senior account officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: long hours
challanging and fast paced

margins and exposures

good management

helpful co-workers

deadlines

the people
OK Workplace
Customer Support Rep & Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Regina, SKMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good fun staff to work with
Cons: underpaid for the flack you have to take from customer.
You are underpaid for the type of customer flack you have to deal with.
Productive and great workplace
Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 10, 2014
Pros: free parking, cafeteria on site
I enjoy going to work, not every day is the same. It keeps me challenged. I learned to work with different personalities and to become a better communicator. My co-workers are great to work with and everyone gets along.
Scotiabank Front Line
Customer Service & Support Representative (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 8, 2014
I have enjoyed the connections I have made while being employed at Scotiabank. I believe you can make great references and collect a lot of diverse experience at any level you are employed at. There are multiple ways to advance in the company depending on what your strong suits are.
Operational risk analyst
Operational Risk Analyst - Intern (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 27, 2014
As an intern my duties included simplifying risk monitoring and identification process of key risk indicators and building a database to track and manage process-based risk control self assessments.
Senior Manager, Finance (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: log hours
Excellent place to work. Great work/life balance, good benefits. Great opportunities for advancement. Competitive salaries.
Good Place to work
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee), CalgaryFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: very good management & training team
Cons: hours are not flexible always
Learned a lot about financial sector. Scotiabank has good growth opportunity. Just prove yourself to your manager.
Decent place to work
Branch Redirect Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: terrible management
Scotiabank is a great place to work if you are a recent graduate, stay at home mom or someone who just doesn't want to retire just yet. With that said, I am niether which is why I'm choosing to move on with the company and its vision.
Longterm staff, with great benefits for regular employees.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 18, 2014
Longterm staff, with great benefits for regular employees.
Loved being a Scotiabanker as a support rep
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits, reasonable pay, company social parties, room to advance
Cons: some managers micro manage
I loved working at Scotiabank. I was always busy, sometimes too busy. The hardest part of my job was the amount of the work load, it was a lot for just one person. My co-workers were great, helpful, friendly, and kind.
A fun and enjoyable place to work
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Richmondhill, ONFebruary 6, 2014
I enjoy going to work when i am scheduled, i feel welcome, and i know i will have help if i need it.
Personal Banking Advisor (Former Employee), OntarioFebruary 5, 2014
Management is extremely supportive and the job culture is fantastic.
Productive and positive environment
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, OnJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: positive
Very productive and engaging environment, contractors are treated like full time employees.
great for a stepping stone, just don't get stuck there for too long (>1yr)- pay is not worth it
Small Business Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 29, 2014
Not progressive, old school mgmt mentality, poor salaries, hight employee turnover
Very customer focused and diverse work place
Program Manager (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: ability to travel and meet clients
- I work directly with corporate and commercial clients on projects to deplay payment solutions.
- I work with our vendors to help deliver the project and manage action items to ensure the overall project is deployed in time and under budget.
- I meet with stakeholders to review these payment solutions, online softwares and work with them to constantly – more... improve our products.
- I work with a support team and other product manager
- I enjoy the relationships that I've built and the ability to solve peoples problems – less
Fun Workplace
Teller (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: they were always there for you .
Cons: sometimes it was hard to change shifts.
Typical day was to be there 30 min before open for a morning meeting , we then went to our work stations, helped customers had a wonderful communication with out co-worker.When 3:30 came we closed up our cash.
I learned to work fast and efficient. Communication and listening skills were very important.hardest part was when the bank was at it's high – more... peak and there were a lot of customer and sometime very inpatient. The enjoyable part was working in a wonderful workplace were you were excepted and had wonderful co-workers that at the end of the day you could consider a friend. – less

About SCOTIABANK

Scotiabank is a leading financial services provider in over 55 countries and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming – Read more