An inside look into the life of a Financial Advisor at Scotiabank
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) – St. Catharines, ON – 10 July 2016
* ability to advance in scotiabank is encouraged and attainable
* reasonable work hours at various locations
* scotiabank has a fantastic team/community
* A typical day involves meeting with clients to discuss credit ratings or credit availability. Processing loan requests, discussing financial planning strategies, discussing high interest paying accounts, ordering and reviewing home appraisals, filing documents or faxing them. Replying to telephone or email messages in a timely manner.
Participating in team meetings and providing input as to how we can improve day to day customer satisfaction.
* I have learned that the more independent you are in this environment the quicker you will succeed and be recognized
* I personally feel the management at Scotiabank are not trained well enough in to lead their branches to continual success, possibly temporary success but not long term.
* The hardest part of my job is meeting aggressive sales targets on a daily, monthly, quarterly report. I work at a branch that tends to be slower and doesn't have as much foot traffic which means meeting the sales targets requires constantly digging for opportunities and never taking a moment for granted.
* The best part of my job, I enjoy helping people. I have personally helped some of my clients purchase their first home,car,luxury boat, cottage etc. I have also helped clients start a savings strategy for their children to ensure their college tuition would be paid for. The satisfaction that comes from someone trusting you with their future is rewarding.
Aggressive sales targets