Scotiabank Employee Reviews in Canada

Friendly Atmosphere
Senior Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ONJune 5, 2016
I liked working for Scotiabank, I had some amazing managers and co workers and they never let the work load get to crazy that lead to any stress. My one issue is for almost every position they pay less than market rates.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Below Average Salaries
Productive work place with excellent team players meeting the customers needs
Customer service as a teller representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJune 2, 2016
Financial workplace with customer service and a great place to work with with excellent team players and great upper management.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
long lunches
Best place to gain experience, Average salary, Awesome Job Culture
Customer Service/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 2, 2016
Maintained various records as per requirements and handling books and files
Managed customer data base by completing data entry and maintaining balances at month end
Preparation of various documents relating to appointments, rescheduling, and correspondence outlining customer concerns
Team Work
Manager Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJune 2, 2016
Well organized team work. Great customer service. Very nice clients. Love working with clients. Great people working with me. Low job security right now
The People are the best part
Senior Manager, Global Risk Management (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJune 1, 2016
I've worked in many places over the years and I can truly say that the best people I've ever met work at Scotiabank. They are amazing!
Oparations, analyses
Fund Accountant / Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2016
Great work culture, meet lots of new people, socializing. Well structured organization with lots of opportunities for promotion. Although, the salary range in not high enough on the low/medium levels, hard to get the well paid position even with CPA.
excellent place to work, fun, and great experience.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BCMay 27, 2016
Open and close cash register. Answer phone, make appointments, deal with customer complaints hardest part, most enjoyable part was the transformations in hair and happy customers.
Awesome place to work
Project Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 25, 2016
I worked for the International Contact Centre Solution department for over 10 projects amounting CAD$ 10MM. The co-workers were really nice and my immediate manager was the best manager that I ever had.
Very much satisfied with my employer.
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
I love working for my employer, have so much to be proud of the team. My typical day at work is filled with meeting many people, some are well known some are new people to service. Both are very much interesting and every interaction is precious to me. I have learned how help our customers to become financially better off. My management is very professional and also caring, providing us with all the tools for growth as well. Co-workers are great team members and also my friends. Hardest part is to continuously achieve and maintain our goals. And the most enjoyable part of the job are our customers and our daily interactions.
Haphazard work env without clear demarcation on the roles and responsibilities.
Sr manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
Haphazard work env without clear demarcation on the roles and responsibilities. Leadership team does not have any clue where they are headed to.
its an okay place to work not too bad not great either
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 24, 2016
this job is not easy to advance in and there is no options to get ahead ... they do not recognize or help anyone it is all based on who you know and who you can rub elbows with
Pros
good hours
Cons
no room for advancement
good workplace
Customer Support Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
It is a good environment to work in with lots of room to grow and move up with the company. There are many opportunities to utilize in-house training and learning centres to take free courses to expand your product/industry knowledge.
Fun place
Senior Manager - Business Analysis (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
Culture is changing in this company, not sure how it will be in future but I enjoyed my time there. Co-workers were awesome...
Business Transformation
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, MEMay 20, 2016
Amazing place to work as they are in period of transformation. This is the place to be if you want to learn things in a short period of time.
Passionate working environment at Scotiabank
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 19, 2016
Co-workers are team player, we help each other to make a better team. Managers are really understandable about the branch operation and motivation
Great student job
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 18, 2016
learned to deal with various customer situations
experienced a professional business setting
close culture with co-workers
team orientated
A great professional culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 17, 2016
A typical day at the bank includes dealing with a lot of people with different personalities and backgrounds, and providing clients with financial services. I've been lucky to work with a great team where i've learnt a lot from my manager. My team members are great, Scotia has a great culture to work in.
Decent
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 17, 2016
Not the best, not the worst.Culture should be focused on people and not just efficiency. Pay is competitive with most banks.
Respect and Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 16, 2016
 Resolved service concerns by clarifying customer complaints and followed up to ensured resolution.
 Explained organization’s mission and customer service standards to new employees.
 Contributed to team effort and accomplished targeted sales goals.
A good place to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONMay 16, 2016
it was a good place with a good structure and helpful coworkers. i really enjoyed my time there as a financial advisor. the hardest part was to interact with clients while learning the system