Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Ok place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sackville, NB1 November 2017
Worked for 37 years, was excellent place to work but saw a difference in the last 10 years. Not much encouragement for advancement. I took early retirement.
Pros
1 hours for lunch
Cons
Monday to Friday job.
Face Paced, Productive Environment
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 November 2017
The environment is fast paced and results driven. The company is well on track throughout an average day. Being a part of the Processing and Inquires team at the Business Service Centre is a daily learning experience. There are always new opportunities to gain knowledge and experience. I am lucky to be a part of such a great team.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Flower's Cove, NL1 November 2017
Scotiabank very customer focus. Excellent career advance opportunities . Provides excellent training and great support network . I enjoyed my career,great people to work with. High stress fast pace job but rewarding.
Pros
Career development opportunities
Cons
High expectations in a constantly changing environment
Good
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  King City, ON1 November 2017
best place to work, fair employer but loss of job because of new technology. very digital, fair to employees, not too good salary because at most is expected and less paid
Good
Cons
Sucked the soul out of me
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario29 October 2017
8 years of commitment, overtime, selling the brand to family, friends and all I came across, number one ranking in sales and revenue in my district and dismissed without an explanation. Beyond that, they messed up my ROE and a manager who didn't like me sent in my termination report to the MFDA with misconduct (untrue and slander), which has prevented me from obtaining work in the field again to date.
call center environement
Mortgage and car loan specialist (Former Employee) –  halifax, ns28 October 2017
Very productive and fast pace, the day went really fast

My day consisted of helping costumers taking care of there mortgage and car loans, such as:
Changing payments
Skipping payments
Adjust any changes requested

Very sastifying and fun place to work always had contest and al so meetings to keep us up to date and learning new ways the help our customers
Pros
fun pace to work
Cons
hours were not easiest with a family life
It's a okay workplace
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 October 2017
I was working in Scotiabank digital factory, which aimed to provide digital transformation to the bank. This is a product-driven working environment, which uses agile approach to manage. The working space has co-workers from different background so that I had a great chance to have conversation with people from different areas(eg:designer, developers, agile coach, data scientist, marketing people and product owner). However, during the time I was in Digital factory, I noticed many structure changes not only the organization change but also leadership team change, which is not a very stable working environment for people who pursues a stable working place.
Enjoyable environment with great staff and an inclusive culture
Not Telling (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON25 October 2017
The hardest part of the job is not being able to share the experience you have with others outside of scotiabank due to confidentiality.

The fun part of the job is how much you can teach people about the financial system, how it functions, and how many recommendations you can make for people on a daily basis.
Pros
Benefits program, discount rates on all financial services
Cons
competitive, high pressure from management, profit driven
Sales and Marketing
Small Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK25 October 2017
Ask for much work but don't Pay much. They should improve their training for new employees. Don't do networking, too much favouritism. Need to improve alot.
Pros
Nothing Special
friendly staff and a great company to work for
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL24 October 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my job at Scotia Bank, the staff was great and the customers made me smile, I have met many people through working at the bank and I have learned many things about customer service and putting the customers first.
Pros
great environment
Cons
cut back in hours
Customer Relations Officer
Customer Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 October 2017
Customer service, helped clients manage their accounts, help on their financial planning. I mainly worked in the collections department. I used various software programs on the computer to work on the accounts
lack of team environment
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
Big team structure, resulting in lack of team environment. Upper management to do not get involved with lower level team. Also, there is no focus on development.
good
Fraud Detection Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
Average place to work, good benefits.Would recommend to anyone looking for entry level position. Flexible with schedules , part timers able to pick up shifts.
Fun place to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK23 October 2017
Workplace culture is awesome. I learned how to sell the product to the customer by looking at their earnings. I personally did not get along with the Branch Manager as i feel he was biased towards me and few others at the branch.
Pros
Weekend off
Cons
Great job for some people
Customer Service Representative (Teller) (Current Employee) –  Welland, ON22 October 2017
This job is great but not for everyone, a typical work day includes a lot of responsibility for other peoples money. you have to be very careful not to make mistakes as a little one can easily become a large problem.
Pros
benefits, holidays and weekends off depending on the branch, great staff
Cons
being responisble for other peoples money, high stress situations, chance of being robbed
good exp at scotiabank
Risk Analyst, Market Risk Measurement-CCR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2017
Risk management departments at scotiabank are nice to work at. Trading floor people are kind of mean to work with tho.
Generally working culture is good.
needs to know how to treat employee better
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2017
don't like this company's culture. ridiculous sales target, and the management team don't know how to treat employee better. I never gonna go back. ..
Beautiful ambiance, View,
Pre-Fund Review Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 October 2017
Scotia bank gave really good atmosphere to work on the best part was Independent work environment,I was on contract it was short time. good work culture
Pros
independent work culture
Cons
Training
It was a fun place to work great co-workers.
LENDING SERVICE OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2017
It was a fun place to work. Job was very busy and hard timelines which made the days go by fast and great atmosphere. Had a great sense of accomplishment at the end of each day.
Pros
Fun place to work good benefits.
Cons
Very busy
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 October 2017
This was a great place to work, however, the office is now closed due to a restructure. I am now looking to broaden the skills I have learned from this and previous positions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.