Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Found 1,133 reviews matching the search
Portfolio managements, Franchises, Professional Banking Segment
Business and Professional Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2017
Best platform to learn how to build COI's and develop business. I learnt small to medium business's financing. I was very successful in health care segment.
Ok place to work
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON17 March 2017
Demands were very high. I loved helping people however the product pushing for clients that wouldn't benefit was enormous. I enjoyed preparing financial plans for clients and helping them achieve their overall financial goals
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte County, NB17 March 2017
Excellent workplace to have a job. Immigrant friendly and support career advancement. I especially like their community volunteering. But, emerging of technology in banking system eliminates some job positions and has been replaced by machines.
Pros
Recognition and appreciation days for both customers and employees.
Cons
More part time/ contractual than full-time offered job.
productive and fun work place
Accounting Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 March 2017
Wonderful work environment. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The culture was very diverse. The hardest part of the job would be not getting distracted by all the snacks they always have around the office
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Excellent working Environment for new immigrants
Financial Advisor Level 4 (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 March 2017
Supportive staff
excellent HR
reputed bank
but your experience may vary from branch to branch as each branch has its own unique culture. Its on you how you blend and adjust
Pros
Professional approach.
Cons
Computer application is a bit complicated
Nice experience in Banking domaim...
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2017
I had little experience earlier working in banking domain but my older experience was very limited. Even though Scotia Bank liked my profile and gave me a chance to be a part of their IT Team. I thank all for the all the support and learning.
Very good place to work
Associate Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2017
My team at Scotiabank was amazing to work with. Everyone was very friendly and helpful as well as willing to help me grow as an employee. Also, I found there to be many benefits to working for a company such as Scotiabank such as company perks.
Its ok to work there
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2017
Cutting peoples jobs. Job security very minimal. No where to move uo in the company. Very low wages. People are nice to work with. Mangers have low experience
Lot of legacy procedures
Scrum Master (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2017
Organization's top level management is geared up for change whereas the mid level management is not up for change yet or they are not finding the right strategy for implementing "change".
My evaluations
Supervisor / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC13 March 2017
I very much enjoyed working for the company as I was there for a very long time. I really enjoyed the customer aspect of it.I was able to achieve understanding my customers as well I very well established relation ship with them all. I am great full for that. I learned a lot from working at Scotia Bank. Very great full.
Pros
I enjoyed working for the company
Cons
I wish I could of stayed longer
Risk Control self Assessment Program
Senior Manager Risk Control Self Assessment (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2017
A very stressful position. The hardest part of job was to coordinate several subsidiaries in various countries to standardize the risk control self-assessment program in international banking
Scotiabank
Senior Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, Ont10 March 2017
There on a contract basis. Found the members of my team hard working. Management was adequate. Projects were challenging. Working with the business side of the company was a pleasure.
Pros
Good people, certain management levels good
Cons
Bureaucratic, policital
If you can, go to RBC or TD...
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 March 2017
Pay is decent, however training program was insufficient. Systems are OLD, the departments you are meant to call when you need assistance almost never give you the right answer, or don't answer and tell you to leave a vm or send an email.

Management sucks, do not care about people. My branch had SEVERAL (about 4 or 5) employees who were sick with various terminal illnesses such as lung disease, breast cancer and some other illnesses that required them to take a leave of 2months +, management didnt even send a get well card.....
Pros
decent pay + annual bonus
Cons
stressful job, no support, employess are undervalued
Excellent work environment, supportive employer
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 March 2017
My work experience at Scotiabank was fantastic. I climbed the ladder to manager from software specialist within 3 years.
Excellent employer
One team one goal!
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Sometimes long hours for service support
Not bad
Senior Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 March 2017
Responsible for contributing to the branch’s overall success by meeting defined goals through the identification and satisfaction of client needs. Not bad.
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
Great company to work for! Lots of room for development and to grow within the company itself. Interacting with customers on a personal level. Amazing feeling knowing that you helped someone with their financial needs.
Great company to work
QA Analyst Intermediate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 March 2017
Great company to work. The culture, main goal of the company and management makes the everyday life at work extremely pleasant. I would give it a 5 stars.
Great Place to Work
Senior Manager International Communications (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
Scotiabank has a great culture. The environment is friendly, respectful and sometimes warm. You are surrounded of talented, knowledgeable colleagues, willing to support you in any opportunity.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Challenging and Stressful place to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB6 March 2017
Scotiabank is a great place to work if you are looking to advance your career in banking industry or if you are looking to build experience in the financial sector. They offer lots of opportunities for advancement but it is a challenging job.
A long and enjoyable history.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
A typical day at work would start with reviewing my work agenda.
Prioritize my calls, and, to do list. Review client's profiles for the scheduled meetings of the day. Completing a gap analysis to better utilize my time as well as the clients time.

Every client appointment leads to a learning experience. By actively listening you can discover current and future needs, matching up products that can better service the individual.

Over the past 36 1/2 years I have worked with various management teams. I have learned from each experience, some good, and some not so good. But each interaction, with each style of management, has given me an opportunity to learn, and grow. It gives me pride that I have been able to adapt to all styles, and have never had an incident with management or a co-workers that has not been resolved to a satisfactory resolution for all parties. This is a great accomplishment as it encompasses a 36, plus year career.

Workplace culture is extremely important. A focus on excellent customer service, starts with a team that works well, and respects each other.

The hardest part of the job is feeling the pressure to push product.
I am a firm believe that when you provide the best customer service the correct products will be matched, and provided. You can,and will grow the relationship, matching products to satisfy their financial needs, as well as meeting your goals, and objectives of the company.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is to provide the best customer service, and meet my objectives at the same time. It's a win, win, for everybody. I
  more... more often then not, end my meetings with a hug, and at the very least a firm handshake.  less
Pros
Opportunity to grow your career.
Cons
Merging of branches leaving some staff displaced

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.