Scotiabank

Scotiabank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Positive
Senior ETL Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: good
Cons: na
It was good working with Scotiabank ,i would recommend to my friends and any one with the required skill set.

Lot of nice initiatives across the bank are coming up,good to learn new technologies.
Collaborative, fun and productive work environment
Assistant Manager, Staffing & Recruitment (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: work perks, benefits, management, work life balance
Cons: none.
Advancement opportunities, supportive management, amazing coworkers. I absolutely love working at Scotiabank, I have been impressed every day by the challenging work assignments, supportive team culture, learning and career advancement opportunities and the after work social events. I am lucky to have the opportunity to be part of a such a progressive organization where diversity is celebrated and everyone feels welcome, appreciated and included.
Great place to work.
Project Lead (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 20, 2015
Scotiabank recognizes performance and provides a supportive working environment. I have learned a lot about the bank, especially on Retail Banking, from my managers and fellow co-workers. I am honoured to be working with such knowledgeable and driven individuals, and to be a part of this great company.
Fun Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Owen Sound, ONFebruary 18, 2015
fun atmostphere to work in, not much room for advancement, great discount for employees. worked with great people. Learnt alot about fashion
SR Oracle DBA
Sr Oracle/SQL DBA (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2015
Enjoy working. Was very challenging and interesting environment. Always oportunities to learn and experience new things.
worked on-call when there are events at Convention Centre
Ticket Taker/Coat Check/Parking Attendant (Current Employee), Niagara Falls, ONFebruary 16, 2015
On call position is great, you may chose to work shifts when available. Great as a second job or as a student. Employer is flexible with on call staff.
Terrible Place to work at
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Toronto, OnFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: working at a financial institution
Cons: long hours, lack of transparency, management pressure
I went through 3 months of training at Scotia Bank and found that unlike what everybody thinks this organization lacks transparency and guidelines as to how trainees are supposed to be dealt with. Trainees are disrespected and are dealt with as if they are there to help out with Micky Mouse tasks like buying things from grocery shops and help move stuff around the branch. So called co-workers don't – more... even say hello to the trainees and treat them with disrespect. And if the trainee objects to the situation he is blamed for objecting. I worked at 2 other major banks and had never seen anything as shameful as this bank. Nobody bothers to teach you anything and your in branch coach is always busy with other things and yet you are expected to learn everything on your own and they will make sure they will be there to criticize you as soon as you do something that doesn't please them. Pay is lower than competitors and work environment is terrible. There is constant pressure on the Financial Advisors to sell and achieve targets to the point of madness. All kind of psychological and sales techniques are used to force the customer to open an account or buy an investment product. Customers are tired of going through all of this pressure as soon as they walk into the branch. Overall, there is a lot of competition between co-workers and management is only interested in numbers and not the quality of interaction with the customers. If you are wise enough you don't put your career in their hands. – less

March 13, 2015

We’re very sorry to hear of the past personal work experience you’re describing. Employees are one of Scotiabank’s most valuable assets and we offer multiple channels and have dedicated teams to help current employees resolve issues and improve their work experience. The Financial Advisor training is a unique program Scotiabank offers and we’d welcome more of your candid feedback. We strongly encourage you to contact us at scotiabankhelps@scotiabank.com where we’ll be happy to converse further.

lots of opportunty
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee), mississauga,onFebruary 10, 2015
During my tenure at ScotiaBank I earned recognition for consistently high performance in a variety of capacities: as an individual employee, as part of a branch team, and in leading others,
Decent Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), calgaryFebruary 5, 2015
Not much supportive staff and boring place to work. Would recommend other banks than this one. Word ethics are good but mostly staff is rude.
mediorcre
Manager - Global Model Risk Management (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 4, 2015
this is a company like most typical canada bank, not very fun to work there, but job security is good. I dont learn too much in this position.
confidential
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), westgate plazaFebruary 4, 2015
confidential.
I enjoy work with people and learn new things from people. And feel comfortable and willingness to help clients.
Productive Day
Validation Officer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: free parking, and lunch on saturdays
Cons: repetitive work
Perform verification on approved loans received for funding department. Resolve identified discrepancies by reviewing with dealerships. Ensure overall customer satisfaction quota is met for the department.
Excellent place to work
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Skilled place and excellent environment. Best place for learning and updating skills. Working with developers as team to create bug free and give excellent result to project manager.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 29, 2015
- Extreme customer interaction
- At times work load becomes heavy
- Good working environment
- Great responsibility to ensure customer satisfaction, compliance with anti money laundering and anti-theft/bribery.
- good pay and vacation packages
Staff room with massage chairs, computers and big screen TV's
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee), Barrington Street Halifax Nova ScotiaJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free friday pizza
Cons: working weekends
Very fun work atmosphere. We worked in teams, the teams all had names, after rock and roll bands. We had theme days, where we would dress up for the theme. We also had great sales incentives and worked as a collaborative so all of the team would succeed.
review
Bilingual Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 25, 2015
good company - great culture and policy. salary is not enough but they have
Great Place to Work at
Intermediate System Support Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: excellent work environment
I learned to work in the corporate environment supporting over 1,200 users and VIPs.
CSR
Customer Representative (Current Employee), Oakville, ONJanuary 22, 2015
Offices look elegant and spacious. Great company to work for
Great people...Very diverse.
I would recommend it for anyone starting out
good
Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
My early career at Scotiabank is more like a statistic data analyst in retail banking, involving data mining, statistic modeling and business analysis.
Later, I was more involved in Wholesale and capital market product quantitative analysis, asset liability management, interest & liquidity risk management. In addition to develop the end-to-end solution, I was also involved in decision making.
Good culture, long time on posts
Mortgage Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 21, 2015
Overall Scotiabank is a great place to work. Most banks/institutions will pay more for the same job however benefits are competitive and the culture of Scotiabank is fantastic. It can take some time to move to new positions and posting expectations on the job are expected to be approximately 1 year.

About Scotiabank

Scotiabank is a leading financial services provider in over 55 countries and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming – Read more