Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Found 1,273 reviews matching the search
A great place to work with a very friendly staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2017
A typical day can vary depending on how busy the branch is. But everyone is always helpful to the best of their abilities which makes it a great place to work. The most enjoyable and the hardest part are both the customers. They can make your day or ruin it.
Steady stream of Projects
Business Analyst / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
An enjoyable workplace environment. Worked with business staff to deliver projects large and small. Flat management structure; management was always accessible and listened to feedback, seemed always concerned with cost/benefit options. Full time staff has minimal scope and not skilled or risk taking compared with their industry counterparts. All levels of the project teams were great to work with.
Pros
Approachable and smart senior managers
Cons
Should invest more to develop internal staff
Stressful days at work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2017
Highly target oriented, management isn't very helpful, however the position helps you improve communication skills. Enjoyable part of the job is you help people achieve their financial goals, hardest part is the stress associated with financial goals.
Contract work
Bank Teller (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 July 2017
It was not easy to work as a teller in this bank, because of the constant pressure to sell their products. There was a certain quota which had to be met, and the position was only on contract.
Good challenges
Director Business Applications & Development (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2017
The major program I was brought into rescue was successfully completed. In the final stages there were others who tried claiming the victory as theirs. Even though I was able to finish a program that four other full-time employees failed at, I was not offered a full-time position and those who tried to stake claim t the success also went out of their way to try and discredit me.
Pros
Good direct senior managers
Cons
Work policies and procedures are different by department
Work Environment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
working with fast paced team in a very much balanced environment. The ideas and the recommendations are well documented and honored. Really love to work in a team like this.
Good Opportunity, encouragement
Senior Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2017
Not much pressure, good work opportunity, balanced work culture. Not organized, no requirements sessions and requirements are not finalized and no next steps decided or even if decided not followed up.
Loved
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2017
I loved working with everyone from scotiabank.. if I could go back I would..just not enough hours for me.. had great hours.. great employees..amazing experience!!
Overlook employees, poor management
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 July 2017
Unrealistic sales target, does not care employee feelings, do not expect much internal support. Many managers do not know much about their jobs, except push you for numbers.
Gained nice experience at work place
QA Lead/Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2017
Gained nice experience at work place and employee friendly more. As an employee we can have free hand to innovate technologies and bring up to management systems
Great place to work but it takes along time to get a permanent position
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Oromocto, NB8 July 2017
The pay was a competitive rate which was fare, it could be higher. You have to work casual starting out for a lot of the tellers and when a full time position opens up it's still only 28 hours a week. they had a great team of managers and staff I felt very appreciated and the managers are so kind. definetly one of my favorite places I have worked however; I could not afford to stay as I was casual for 9 months with no opportunity to move up until someone retired or left.
Times are good when they are good
Business Customer Service Relations (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 July 2017
The workplace culture at Scotiabank was great. Once you put yourself into the environment and participated in all the events, the work and fun balanced out. The people are generous, kind and friendly.
The work was sometimes difficult and the customers were everything from friendly to rude. Learning to deal with all those different personality types was helpful in growing my skills when dealing with people.
Scotiabank loves to educate and keep their employees up to date. They like self growth and promote it every chance they get. The amount of material at my disposal was great! Taking advantage of those items really helped me step up my game and learning.
Pros
the people and friendships gained
Cons
ensuring work items are within company policies.
Friendly and productive work place
Application System Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2017
Friendly and productive work place and provides opportunity to meet new people. A typical day starts with getting the updates from co-workers and bulletin board, by reading the recent emails, communicate any ongoing issues.
Working at Scotiabank Saddledome
Usher (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 July 2017
I enjoy working there because I like working with people while scanning their ticket to come see an event and being in a section where the participants goes to their seats Workplace culture has many different kinds of people that they came from their country. Management is really organized and helpful and they give us some training how to do certain tasks and we get some benefits like Healthcare and Dental care.
No work life balance
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 July 2017
Sales sales sales! Nothing else matters. Crazy high sales goals......managers do not care about work life balance or anything outside of bottom line numbers.
Productive, professional and fun work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 July 2017
Personally, I like working for Scotiabank. It's helped me grow and mature in both my personal and professional life in ways that I could not ever fully explain. I've learned so many new things that I didn't know before. Scotiabank has also given me a chance to meet some amazing people (both customers and employees) and make new friendships and bonds with them.
Pros
Great opportunity for obtaining new skills and knowledge in the banking sector.
Cons
Can get repetitive over time.
Great place to work, allows growth
Technical Business Analyst Senior (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 July 2017
Scotiabank allows room to grow and achieve career goals.
My management has always been supportive. Culture is very relaxed and yet determined to work hard and achieve our team goals.
Great Learning Experience
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON\4 July 2017
Scotiabank accepted me as an intern and provided me with extensive business training. It was a great place to work with very friendly staff. Great foot in the door.
Great Managerial Team
Senior QA Lead - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
Excellent leadership, Project discussions, meetings, positive approach to meet the goals/ requirements set by clients.
Skilled team members.

Excellent Agile practice of the on-going status and the release dates displayed in bulletin for the entire project team - Transparency to the project stakeholders about the focus, courage, openness, commitment and respect of all the team

BI- reports handled by each team, their work past, current, on-coming displayed for a clear understanding of all the team.

Thanks&Regards,
Padmini
Pros
Encouragement to reach the completion of the set goal
Cons
Continuous new requirements added to the API mapping in succesive sprints - work and re-work - Agile
Program Delivery
Applications Senior IT Delivery (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
Not a good place to work, collaborate and to make things happen for our clients. Team members are not true SME's in our North American Digital and Innovation market
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Discrimination

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.