Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Found 1,131 reviews matching the search
Customer service rep
Customer Service Representative and Head Teller (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON2 April 2017
I am currently a customer service rep at Scotia bank. Scotia bank is a friendly and fast paced environment. As a member of the branch service team, I am responsible for contributing to the overall success of the branch by meeting negotiated sales quotas. Adhering to bank security, operational and compliance procedures and polices. Helping customers with inquires and complaints. Processing transactions for customers on a daily. Strong pc and keyboarding skills.
Pros
team player and customer focused
Cons
short hours
One of the best worplaces
Financial Advisor - Contract (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 April 2017
Excellent Financial institution. providing diversified strategies in the best interests of their clients to make them financially better and committed to excellent service.
Productive and good work experience
Associate Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2017
Great culture for students and a very enjoyable and personable atmosphere. Managers and superiors were strong role models and allowed for growth and unique opportunities.
Scotiabank was a positive step in my life journey
Programming Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2017
I really enjoyed my time with Scotia bank. I developed some code that is probably still in use today by the people at the bank for an internal process that they need to carry out all the time.
Very nice boss and good workplace environment.
Pros
Good Workplace Environment
Cons
Bank was not in hiring mood at that time because of economy and finacial sector troubes.
their new hours are not conductive to a family (ex Tuesday to Saturday)
Senior Mortgage Administrator (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON29 March 2017
not the employer they used to be when I started working for them 17 years ago they used to recognize loyalty and try to keep longtime employees, but when I was let go they didn't make any effort to accomadate me or any of the 20 other employees in our department by finding us jobs in other departments
Pros
breaks and lunches
Cons
Manangement
enjoyed working there
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL29 March 2017
i enjoyed my time at Scotia Bank. the staff were great and the hours were good. The experience I received while working at scotia bank was very interesting and educational.
Good team work
Sr. Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2017
People are helpul, and good team work, also lacation is very convinient for me, great company to work for also great opportunities grow and healthy work enviroment
Excellent Culture
Human Resources Administration Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2017
- Multi-cultural environment
- Table- Tennis, Cafeteria, Nap Room, Spiritual Room, Fitness Classes during work hours
- Open door policy
- Great team
- Everyone is glad to help each other
Pros
Free Fitness Centre - Classes( Zumba, Yoga etc)
Cons
Overtime required
So much stress lately
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2017
Work life was good until last year lately, it's being very hectic. Putting pressure on all employees asking for more sales. The morale is down with most of the employees.
Challenging environment
Small business &Professional Banking (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 March 2017
I love working with the public this job allows me to do this . I am a mobile smaller business advisor and love going out to meet clients and really get to knowing their businesses and what they need to succeed. There always competitions which I strive to win rewarding and recognizing individuals and teams for their achievements is very important it creates a happy productive work environment
Pros
Tickets to games, lunches, theatre etc
Cons
Management is not flexible
Good company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2017
I have learned a lot about Scotiabank and myself while working for this company.
this is a company that I could see myself re-joining in the future however in a different role.
Better banking
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON24 March 2017
Loved this position. Only reason I had left was to go to school for more banking knowledge, or else I would still be employed by scotiabank. I still have a relationship with my supervisor, whom was the best.
Pros
MANAGEMENT CARED ABOUT EMPLOYEES
Cons
BRANCH CLOSED DOWN
Good place to learn as a student
Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2017
I had lots of opportunity to engage with senior management and learn from people in different positions. It was a great place to be as a student and use the skills that I learned in the classroom.
Scotiabank is an excellent place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 March 2017
Scotiabank is an excellent place to work
People at Scotiabank is really disciplined and committed to do the best job
Scotiabank is highly organized
Scotiabank has excellent technology and is willing to provide excellent service to its customers
People at Scotiabank is very professional
Fun place to work for
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 March 2017
Excellent place to work for. I enjoyed working at scotiabank for many years and will cherish throughout my life. Thank you Scotiabank - you rock! Scotiabank is multicultural place.
Serious, relaxed and balanced place to learn
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2017
Underwrite credits, spreading financials, lots of research on different industries and companies to determine if they are safe to finance loans to. The people are all very supportive and willing to explain their thought processes and approaches to younger staff members.
Pros
Job security, learn a lot about financing, supportive leadership.
Cons
Slow promotion, boring work environment and quite coworkers.
Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC20 March 2017
A typical day of work at Scotiabank requires me to provide excellent customer service, handle personal and confidential clientele paperwork, cash handling, training, fraud prevention, communications, being organized and timely, working with large accounts, working in both a team and indivdual environment, being able to work well under pressure.
It's a place worth working
Linux Infrastructure Analyst (DevOps) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
Scotia IT Infrastructure team is thriving introducing new technologies and platforms. You'll have end to end exposure and are free to walk up to teams to know and find or even learn things.
Portfolio managements, Franchises, Professional Banking Segment
Business and Professional Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2017
Best platform to learn how to build COI's and develop business. I learnt small to medium business's financing. I was very successful in health care segment.
Ok place to work
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON17 March 2017
Demands were very high. I loved helping people however the product pushing for clients that wouldn't benefit was enormous. I enjoyed preparing financial plans for clients and helping them achieve their overall financial goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.