Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Senoir Financial Advisor
Senior Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON5 December 2016
Constant changing of managers with different styles of management. Worked there 3.5 year and had 4 different managers. Promises made by one broken by another. Employees constantly coming and going. Not an enoyable long term work place
Pros
Monday-Friday work scehdule
Cons
Untrained managers, constant presure, low wages
Great workplace with opportunities for advancement
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB16 January 2017
My coworkers were a pleasure to be around, very helpful. The environment was very comfortable, and the opportunity to meet different characters everyday made the job even more interesting. There were a barrage of opportunities for higher advancement and acquiring different licenses.
Loved my job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Quebec City, QC27 September 2016
I got to go to a wonderful working environment and help clients do their day to day banking, apply for mortgages and credit cards. over all the the most enjoyable part was my customers, I loved the satisfaction of finding the best solution for their inquiries and knowing I was going above and beyond anyones expectations.
Pros
great health care
Cons
short breaks and long morning meetings
Commitment, Respect, Intigrity
Support and Administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
Enjoyed working with this wonderful company, best experience with colleagues and Management for 18 yrs. Empathy & professionalism and good benefits. Due to family matters, moved from Toronto. Recommend Scotiabank to anyone.
Pros
Treated with respect. Flexibility
Cons
Long commute, less time spent with family
Positive Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Thornhill, ON19 September 2016
A very well organized branch, with a positive working environment. Strong knit group of employees, that rely on teamwork and communication in order to achieve the best results. Communicated with customers on daily basis, facilitating my interpersonal skills. Presented customized banking advice based on client’s preferences through product knowledge and situational intuition. Dealing with uneasy foreign customers was challenging at times, but understanding body language and providing excellent service was an important tactic to resolve communication problems. I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with customer on a daily basis, and providing them with the beneficial banking advice they were seeking.
Pros
Generous lunch hours
Cons
Lack of staff
Great group of co-workers and management!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cobourg, ON6 December 2016
Love working with my co-workers and the clientele is pretty good too.

I've learned a lot from both and just love to work with people!

The management and staff is great, they always try to accommodate and help everyone out as much as possible!!
Pros
I have flexible hours
Productive and friendly environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 October 2016
At Scotia bank I was a bank teller thus I learned how to perform day to day transactions, such as bill payments, updating customer information etc. Working with a great sum of money was out of the norm, as I was 16 years old at the time, and eventually became accustomed to it. I had the best group of co-workers and even better management. They were very helpful and gave me constructive criticism when needed. The hardest part of the job was working with the software on the computers and knowing when to click on what tab. There were many actions that can be performed, daily, and it did get confusing remembering the procedures for a couple transactions. The most enjoyable part of the job was building a client-employee relationship and working in a field that is related to my education.
Pros
Related to my field, great staff
Enjoyable job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 October 2016
Enjoyable staff and customers. Learned so much about the daily interactions of day to day banking. The Bank is changing its philosophy on how to service the customer, in my opinion they are loosing the personal contact by pushing digital services
Pros
Interaction with people
Cons
Uncertain of hours .
share with my peer some strategies regarding a new products
financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2016
We are calling customer to sale credit card and book appointment for the customer to visit the branch . calling customer to explain the difference between line of credit and credit card ,and tell customer about the protection on the credit card
Pros
the offer a pizza to all agent because with exceed the target
all about selling
Financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Southwest ontario1 November 2016
Lots of favouritism within branches! It's all about the sales and not the client. Hefty sales targets! Stressful working atmosphere! Minimal support system! Expectation for deals and selling is quite unrealistic.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Pay is mediocre, all about sales and pushing management up the ladder
I learned a lot
Manager, Reporting (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2017
I like working at Scotiabank, I had a wonderful time with Scotiabank. I learned a lot from my manager and co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning. I was treated with respect and was given plenty of opportunities to earn respect from my manager and co-workers.
Great people to work with. Always knew what was expected of you.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 September 2016
I loved working with Mortgages, the challenges were rewarding. A typical day for me ....first doing the branch reports. Reviewing pending work, following up. Answering the phone, setting up appointments, deal with client , lawyer and customer rep queries.
It was a nice place to start to work fulltime. Opportunities are always available.
Senior Processing Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2016
I started to work at Scotiabank right after I landed in Canada in 1996. I was given the opportunity to advance. There was always careers available for grabs. My life started to get better as yeats go by.
Excellent Work/Life Balance and team work.
Business Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2016
A typical day at work involves scheduled meetings and walkthrough sessions with stakeholders. I have learnt that the key is communication both written and verbal to ensure that we keep to the project timelines and deliverables or otherwise make adjustment via project change request.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with attrition, where mid stream into a project, a project lead or member leaves the project.
I have found overcoming project challenges and deploying a working solution an enjoyable part of the job.
Fun workplace!
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
Managers are very friendly and approachable and when there's rude guests or some issues and concerns they're just one call away. Also you can change your availability anytime they wouldn't mind, very flexible. Perfect part time job for students.
Pros
flexible hours, free movies and discounts
Cons
not competitive salary
Great working environment with dedicated and interesting people. Management supportive with individual career development.
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2016
1) Be up to date with market news, follow financial news on the internet/television.
3) Go through the client emails and voicemails and respond back.
3) Review agenda for the day and prepare for client meetings.
4) Manage the day and plan your agenda for the next day.
5) Meet with the manager to discuss what deals have been worked on and create a pipeline for the coming weeks/months
6) Follow up with clients
7) The job teaches you to work in a team, manage your day, utilize your time efficiently and prioritize your work.
Amazing Banking
International Banking Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2016
Dynamic environment. Exciting learning experiences happening everyday! Great leaders. The hardest part of the job is that some days are challenging, at the same time, this is the most enjoyable part of the job...resolving the different challenge, is a very rewarding experience.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 January 2017
I have been managing 6 to 8 employees. I train, coach and motivave the employees to achieve and surpass their and branch objectives. Sucessfully acheived the results for the branch with only 2 employees
Pros
Love my team
Cons
Need to do overtime sometimes
Bad management and employee engagement
IT Data Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 September 2016
- Manager doesn't have background on data management.
- Manager doesn't have leader ship skills.
overall really bad management.
Manager doesn't have clear mandate nor know what is required for his department.
Pros
good industry knowledge
Cons
long hours, No leadership and coaching.
With the right leadership team a very positive place to work
Small Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 July 2016
A typical day at work involves various administrative task associated with servicing business clients, followed by meetings with clients at the branch or at their place of work. Meeting my assigned clients represents the best time of my day and doing administrative services represents the least favorite time of the day.
Pros
Free banking
Cons
Weak client experience technological innovation