Scotiabank Employee Reviews in Canada

Overall, Pretty good place to work
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto OntarioAugust 3, 2015
My experience here has been pretty good. A lot of politics and compensation is less than other banks. The job security used to be pretty good, but due to restructuring, this is not the case anymore.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Lower salary
Unsatisfactory
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurraySeptember 6, 2015
Overloaded with more work then acceptable to handle.

Made to think overtime without pay is the responsibly in order to advance in the workplace.

Bullied by direct supervisor.

Salary/benefits not acceptable for Fort McMurray
Very professional workforce. Demanding projects that exposed me to the Business, Technology and Vendors
Project Manager/Project Coordinator - HR Projects (Former Employee) –  Downtown TorontoApril 10, 2016
Because of my diverse background, my contract involved a variety of different task and roles. From the PCO perspective I organized project meetings, minutes and issue logs.
From an analyst perspective I authored various scope and test strategy documents as well as the project plans which were used to manage projects.
Team was very professional and receptive to share their time and views on a variety of issues.Interfacing with the team was possible the most enjoyable aspect of the assignment.
HRSS had a variety of end users in the Business community and being a contractor, determining where/who to go to in order to get issues resolved, signed off was the most difficult part of the job
Pros
Extremely cooperative team
Cons
Requirements constantly changed; week manager
Financial Advisor
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ENGMay 10, 2015
• Provided customers personalized financial plans tailored to their needs and goals in their day-to-day banking, borrowing, investing, and protection
• Identified benefits to customers by reviewing their accounts and providing solutions to save them time and money
• Recommended products and services that customers would provide long term benefit
• Maintained an organized agenda to disburse my daily activities so I may be able to identify and prioritize my customer meetings in person, by phone, or through email
• Focused on working as a team to achieve weekly targets and promote current bank initiatives
• Processed new product setups and prepared the documentation for customers to review
• Listened to the customer and discovered what goals they are looking to achieve and where they’d like to be within the next 3-5 years
• Reviewed action plans to reach weekly targets and identified where to make adjustments
Very much satisfied with my employer.
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 24, 2016
I love working for my employer, have so much to be proud of the team. My typical day at work is filled with meeting many people, some are well known some are new people to service. Both are very much interesting and every interaction is precious to me. I have learned how help our customers to become financially better off. My management is very professional and also caring, providing us with all the tools for growth as well. Co-workers are great team members and also my friends. Hardest part is to continuously achieve and maintain our goals. And the most enjoyable part of the job are our customers and our daily interactions.
Great work environment with plenty of room for advancement!
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 1, 2015
Scotiabank is a great work environment for anyone looking to advance in a financial institution or help customer with financial planning.

I have been very happy with the compensation for the earlier positions in the bank, but there have been recent changes in the Financial Advisor postions that should result in a higher salary.

Plenty of advancement opportunities with a long list of learning plans and courses. Staff is very friendly though management style changes based on location.

Working with Scotiabank for 4 years and would recommend it as a great place to work!
Pros
great work environment, customer focused, much room for advancement
Cons
strong sales environment, excessive hands on management, confusing goal focusing
Stressfull environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2015
Stressful environment, low salary and extreme workload which leads to constant unpaid overtime. Unsupportive management, which does not care about its employees.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Extreme workload, stress
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 28, 2015
Available tools for continued learning. Great co-workers, team effort and engagement. There was a mixed bag of expectations on a daily basis which would balance out the week in terms of levels of stress. However, the work typically gets completed successfully and on time so you can feel good about it.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Too much politics at times
fast paced environment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  100 Yonge streetJanuary 26, 2016
My typical day at work was to run the day to day Operations of the Insurance Centers, Assist the Agents with managing their calendars to optimize their time management for customers. Leasing with building management and contractors for various projects that needed to be completed. Ran daily reports for head office management and kept Centre costs down by keep efficient record of invoices and expenses .
Pros
Good core values
Cons
not having a manager for 7 months
Good work place to expand and learn
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 5, 2015
great benefits
good opportunities to grow
fast pace working environment
co-workers are pleasant and nice to work with. Always willing to help and expand the growth process.
Banks don't pay good.
Personal Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Unfortunately the pay isn't that great despite the record profits they make. Recognition is great for the things you do they just don't like to compensate for it. Co workers and people were great. Typical day included talking to clients about banking products working with the systems to sell clients on products, mortgages and investments. Really heavy on the lending side.
Pros
Coworkers, Management
Cons
no pay for the amount of effort you make
Collaborative, fun and productive work environment
Assistant Manager, Staffing & Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 22, 2015
Advancement opportunities, supportive management, amazing coworkers. I absolutely love working at Scotiabank, I have been impressed every day by the challenging work assignments, supportive team culture, learning and career advancement opportunities and the after work social events. I am lucky to have the opportunity to be part of a such a progressive organization where diversity is celebrated and everyone feels welcome, appreciated and included.
Pros
work perks, benefits, management, work life balance
Cons
none.
Fast paced, continuous problem solving
accounts Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 25, 2016
Typical Day working in the New Accounts Department at Scotiabank always feels rewarding.

I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience by managing the phones on a day to day basis, and have grown relationships with the branches helping them meet the processing requirements is a respectable timely fashion. I really enjoy being able to processing updates between calls on clients accounts and learning better way to multitask.

My co-workers have all been very supportive and open to helping out in any times of need. We bring ideas and solutions to the team and we try to provide better processing techniques to the table to help meet the clients needs. The hardest part of my job is also my most enjoyable part of my job, advising difficult situations and having to problem solve and find the answers. Its my least because some people can be more difficult than others but the end result is always rewarding.

I have learned a great deal of the banking industry and the every day needs we have to provide to our clients.
Pros
great experience
Cons
sitting for long periods
I enjoyed working for the bank and learned a lot.
Customer Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 10, 2015
great people to work with.I worked for Scotiabank for 40 years and had a great time.The Bank is very flexible and caring about their employees.
Pros
job security
no comments
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2015
Low Salary, to much is expected for the salary. Unrealistic expectation. Overall, great job security. Good job to meet new people, good advancement.
Good place for those who want structure
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONNovember 8, 2015
Pros- opportunity for advancement, Performance oriented, you won't get fired, templates for everything
Cons- low autonomy (high micro-management), culture inhibits any sort of creativity, High demands for relatively low pay in industry.
Customer Service Representative - Scotiabank
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, ONApril 26, 2016
My responsibilities are interacting with customers daily to help meet their day to day banking needs and resolving resolutions helping them bank efficiently.

I have a passion for giving financial advice and solutions to customers and sales driven promoting Scotiabank products and services. I have learned ways on developing sales and I am currently one of the top sales representative from my team.

My coworkers, management and myself are always putting customers needs first and making sure that our customers leave satisfied with their banking services.

The hardest part of the job I faced was the learning curve during my training process. Attention to detail is very important and mistakes can lead to problematic situations such as loss of money or anti money laundering. It is important that training is taken seriously and learning as much as you can before you are on your own.

The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting happy customers and knowing that you were able to be an excellent service to them meeting their day to day needs and by providing financial solutions.
Stable jobs, but inefficient work process
Manager - Customer Knowledge and Insight (Current Employee) –  TotontoFebruary 9, 2016
As a successful corporation Scotiabank provides a stable environment with good pay, benefit and learning opportunities. However, work flows are inefficient. It takes a long time to initiate projects as everything involves multi-layer management and often projects are done redundantly in multiple teams.
Excellent company to work for!
Personal Banking Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 21, 2015
Excellent company to work for! Lots of advancement opportunities and supportive management teams. I would rec. anyone thinking about a position here to apply.
Nice environment to work at.
Programmer Analyst (co-op) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 3, 2016
The environment at Scotiabank was friendly. Co-workers, seniors and management was cooperative. There was a lot to learn from their experiences. If I was stuck in coding, the seniors came to help me out. Overall it was a nice experience to work at the Scotiabank.