Scotiabank

Scotiabank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent company to work for!
Personal Banking Advisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 21, 2015
Excellent company to work for! Lots of advancement opportunities and supportive management teams. I would rec. anyone thinking about a position here to apply.
Days at work
Electronic banking and Business Account Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioDecember 17, 2015
Gained experience, have multiple tasks, initiate projects and improve processes. The hardest part is I never say no and have to complete with excellence all tasks. The great moments are to have great success in everything I do.
Fun place to work at
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2015
Pros: Get paid sometimes for not even coming in
Cons: limited hours plus no commission cut
Professional work environment. Typical white collar 9 to 5.
Good pay plus benefits. Job security and growth promised
Preps you up for higher positions within the same institution
Productive but tough
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 10, 2015
Busy, short-staffed, stressful. The job kept me busy but going in everyday was no longer enjoyable. I learned what I am good at and what I am not which is really helpful.
scotiabank
Senior Manager, Planning and Performance Metrics (Former Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 3, 2015
overall, the culture was very good at Scotia. Most people got along very well and worked well between departments. There was little conflict among different divisions.
Fast paced, friendly environment
CUSTOMER SALES AND SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Ancaster, ONDecember 1, 2015
Coworkers were all like a small knit family, very friendly and helpful to each other. At busy times the environment was fast paced and put you under pressure, but in a good aspect, as it made you work with agility.
Great place to learn and grow
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Oakville, ONNovember 29, 2015
Scotiabank helped me polish my skills as I kept moving up the ladder . It has a great multi cultural environment . I got to work as team leader and team player at the same time and was trusted with great deal of responsibilities which further instilled confidence in me.
Management I got to work with took great interest in my career development and coached me in the right direction .
Dealing with customers helped learn a lot more about growing demands of financial needs of each individual client .
It is a great place to work .
Administrative Relief Associate (P/T) (Current Employee), variousNovember 26, 2015
A very supportive environment and invests on their employees. A great place for growth and advancement. I enjoy the interaction with clients and colleagues.
good atmosphere
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 25, 2015
No communication between branches and policies
but overall a good company to work for
Lots of work and sometimes overworked
for the salary made
A Progressing and Change oriented company (currently)
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Burlington, ONNovember 21, 2015
fun place which i have been primarily training. Supportive staff and colleagues. Very results oriented which takes away from the client experience.
Good place to learn multiple applications
Production Support Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 16, 2015
Nice place to work and friendly people co-workers.
Opportunity to learn new applications and helped in technical growth.
Learned a lot in this position.
Estate Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 15, 2015
Estates department work was complex with different variables & dimensions. It was an introduction to my banking career in Canada.
Good company
Bilingual Customer Service Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 14, 2015
Pros: Rewards
Cons: Negative Emotional Customers are too common
Fun work place, Environment needs to be more air friendly, Very repetitive work, Can definitely improve on the opportunity to grow and develop structure, the growth and development opportunities was extremely vague.
Wonderful work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Brossard, QCNovember 12, 2015
I joined Scotiabank in 1997 back in Calgary, Alberta. Since then, I completed many tasks with always a very good training . I always worked with the public either by phone (call centre) or in person. The opportunities for advancement are really excellent. Even after early retirement I continue to work as a part-time employee.
I enjoyed working for the bank and learned a lot.
Customer Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: long hours
great people to work with.I worked for Scotiabank for 40 years and had a great time.The Bank is very flexible and caring about their employees.
Gym to workout
Accounts Receivable Clerk (call centre) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2015
Very relaxing atmosphere, lots to learn and share with colleagues...we strive on each other's strenghts and learn from weaknesses.
Enjoyed going to work.
Good place for those who want structure
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Belleville, ONNovember 8, 2015
Pros- opportunity for advancement, Performance oriented, you won't get fired, templates for everything
Cons- low autonomy (high micro-management), culture inhibits any sort of creativity, High demands for relatively low pay in industry.
all politics
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 3, 2015
not a fun place to work by all means
all about numbers
no concern about their staff - just a number
poor management
if you have family in the company you will have a job
good people
Accounting Officer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 22, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: stressfull
A good place to work. Lots of great people. Can be stressful at times but rewarding as well.
Management is supportive and easy to get along with.
Positive Work Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 22, 2015
If company paid better they may attract higher valued employees. Positive place to work, good benefits and work/home life management
Headquarters