Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Friendly work environment, need to work overtime when it is in peak period, overall Scotiabank is good company.
HollisWealth Commissions Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2017
-you can learn a lot of office skills e.g: how to replay email properly, how handle confidential documents and how to deal with different situations.

-Computer skills could be improve significantly since you have to handle huge amount of data.
Process Engineer
Manager, Process Engineer Technical (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2017
Support business clients with any issues / problems with tools.
Automate business functions to eliminate potential human errors.
Investigate / analyze production issues and resolve ASAP.
Customer Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 March 2017
Learned how to do many banking transactions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the team dynamics. A typical day at work would be a calm, relax and quiet environment. Enjoyed everyday working at one of the major Canadian Banks.
Fast paced, friendly, and upbeat workplace.
Concession Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 March 2017
Working at the Saddledome is rewarding. You meet a variety of people each event. A typical shift is preparing your stand(if you choose a concession position) with food and drinks. Making sure your stand is prepared and clean. When doors open, you are to greet guests when they approach you and take their order and fulfill their needs. The workers are friendly and helpful, it's always a good time. Management is also friendly and helpful, always there to lend an ear and hear you out about anything and they always try to make work better for you. The Saddledome is very diverse with culture. It can get tough some days when things don't work out or customers' get mad but I feel it all goes away by the end of the night. The people that work there are very nice and understanding, they help make you feel better. All in all, it is a good place to work in and very flexible to your schedule.
Pros
Get to work fun events and meet new exciting people.
Cons
Not much work after hockey season.
Goals/production not realistic
Personal Banking Officer Trainee (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, NL3 March 2017
Financial Advisor Trainee
More training required
Realistic goals
Management involvement
Mutual Fund testing more realistic
More customer appreciation.
good bank
Balancing Teller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario2 March 2017
This depends on what branch and city you are located in. If you are anywhere in the GTA your life will consist of travel to get to work, work a full day and more, then wait in traffic on the way home. Upper management is very $$ focused. Most branch managers are completely out of touch with their staff which is unfortunate. The teller team itself usually bands together which makes for work to be more enjoyable.
Great work environment for personal growth and development
Part-time Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2017
Wonderful team that works alongside you to help you grow and develop as an individual. I am always learning new things, not only about the product or the company; but how to manage relationships with co-workers and clients, and be a strong individual and team member.
Great workplace
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 February 2017
Very equal opportunity employer. They care about their employees. Great learning experience. Great management. Fantastic benefits. Many opportunities to advance within the company
I loved my department and the Departments around me
Head office support clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
Working for Scotia was a great experience and I wish I had never left. Met good friends that I still have to this day 11 years later! Supportive and wonderful fellow employees made my days worth it pulling 12 hour days just to get the job done.
Pros
Loved every aspect of my job and the opportunities for growth
Great people
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 February 2017
The branch system has provided me with great professional experienceand some great friends. This position is a great opportunity to learn about customer's expectations and honestly your time management skills.
Pros
Great Management
one of the best jobs i've had to date
Relief Teller (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 February 2017
When working for Scotiabank, I usually work 4-8 hours, which is ideal for me. i've learned excellent customer service skills, as we have a large number of people that come into the bank with a complaint. I would say the amount of clients that come in during the day is the most stressful. it feels like the line never ends! the management and my co-workers are what make my job so enjoyable - and the AMAZING customers that Scotiabank has.
Preasure for nothing
Teller, Operations officer, Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC23 February 2017
The banking industry Is not what it was over the many years I worked for them customer service has depleted to nothing.
No pay for to much work easy to leave behind
Environment
Usher (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2017
I love this job, the perks are great and management and other co workers are very friendly. Highly recommend this job. Good opportunities to move up as well
Good company
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
I work on the Global Risk Management - ER Operations team.

The team is great. My coworkers are nice, smart, and hard-working people and we have good managers who listen to the team, help the staff and set consistent expectations.
Great Place to Start.
Revolving Credit Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 February 2017
Scotiabank has an amazing team and overall management is great. The compensation however is lower in comparison to other banks and there aren't as many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
great people, great culture
Cons
low compensation
Good Organization to learn
Operations Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2017
Fast pasted, highly interactive, great learning opportunities for those who are willing to work hard. Opportunities for advancement and training are available for those that keep informed.
Pros
Big organization
Cons
environment dependent on your V.P.
Great workplace but not full time
Customer Relations Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlock, AB16 February 2017
I love the job itself, but wages could be better. They have pretty decent bonuses and you get rewarded for a job well done. Only the finacial advisors get full time. Not much stability, as jobs are always getting cut and new jobs being created to take place of different jobs. I enjoyed the work and my co-workers alot. Choose you own benefits, whic is nice. Employee share program available as well which is nice, along with the perks of staff rates. Good room for advancement.
Pros
staff rates, Employee Share Program, good hours, room for advancement
Cons
low pay, not very stable, very high goal expectations
Not a great experience
Call Redirect Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 February 2017
When I was there it wasn't a great place to work. It started off great with lots of support, fun things going on and fair treatment of employees but as time went on it seemed employees were set up to fail.
A good place to work if work life balance is important to you.
Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 February 2017
I enjoyed my time at Scotia. The company provided me plenty of opportunity to improve myself and was very flexible in regards to work life balance. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Scotia as a workplace nor would I hesitate in returning should an opportunity present itself.
Scotia Bank
Teller (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON13 February 2017
Working at this company allows you to interact with my different customer portfolio's and work on your presentation skills. Being able to communicate with every age group, allows you to become a better problem solver and think analytically. A great job and has a lot of experience.
Pros
Learning and free lunchs
Cons
non to be taken