Scotiabank

Scotiabank Employee Reviews

friendly work environment with a great office culture
Associate Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 3, 2016
My managers where very understanding of my commute and very understanding with personal issues. Great place to work. I truly felt like I was contributing to the company throughout my internship and would highly recommend working for the company.
Workplace
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Employees are treated with respect. Management always strives to deliver a clear message to the employees and keep everyone in the loop with the changing Canadian Banking landscape.
Banks don't pay good.
Personal Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONFebruary 2, 2016
Unfortunately the pay isn't that great despite the record profits they make. Recognition is great for the things you do they just don't like to compensate for it. Co workers and people were great. Typical day included talking to clients about banking products working with the systems to sell clients on products, mortgages and investments. Really heavy on the lending side.
Pros
Coworkers, Management
Cons
no pay for the amount of effort you make
Friendly work Place
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Lac La Biche, ABFebruary 2, 2016
Very accepting place to work. Team is awesome and enjoy working with everyone of them. Scotia Bank is excellent. I learnt a lot here and the team was always there when I needed them the most. We became more a family and for that I am so great full.
Pros
Building friendships
productive and fun workplace
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 28, 2016
Scotia is Canada's international bank and leading financial services provider in north america, south america, central america, parts of asia and the Caribbean.
Fun and energetic workplace
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 27, 2016
Great place to work with excellent benefits and training. Wonderful people to work with and a lot of opportunity for advancement . Limited opportunity in the Atlantic region in some fields however which are most concentrated elsewhere.
Pros
great benefits, flexibiltiy in shift changes
Good workplace to work in
Customer Representative (Part Time/Casual) (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Scotiabank is enjoyable as long as you mend well with the customers and colleagues. The colleague get-together events that are held every here and there are useful and fun.
Pros
Social gatherings
Cons
Not many benefits for casual/part timers
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 27, 2016
Okay place to work, many poor managers. Poor facilities.

Performance appraisal process is biased and seems to be only lip service, which also applies to career progression.
fast paced environment
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  100 Yonge streetJanuary 26, 2016
My typical day at work was to run the day to day Operations of the Insurance Centers, Assist the Agents with managing their calendars to optimize their time management for customers. Leasing with building management and contractors for various projects that needed to be completed. Ran daily reports for head office management and kept Centre costs down by keep efficient record of invoices and expenses .
Pros
Good core values
Cons
not having a manager for 7 months
Fun place to be
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 22, 2016
New generation of managers are coming on board. Great place to rise in career. If you are focused and dedicated, you will enjoy working with the bank. A lot of reward policy is in place as well
Teller
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North York, ONJanuary 21, 2016
Always provided customer with detailed information about his/her account with a smile while upholding company protocol.
Scotiabank
Small business (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Scotiabank had a strong sense of culture and typically a day at work started with reviewing previous days work and clients accounts to ensure their accounts where in order and not in overdraft.

After which time I would make calls to existing and non-existing clients to book sales appointments for the coming days follow up client meetings throughout the days. There was also about 2 hours of paperwork per day.

The people that worked for Scotia where mostly very friendly and reasonable with the work life balance.

Hardest part of the job is simply, like most banks, sales versus credit procedure.
Great work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2016
A typical day at work includes communicating with a variety of people and at times even facing some challenging situations related to not just work but also tough customers.
A very fast paced and at times high stress place to work
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day at work is anything but typical. Every file is different - every customer situation is different.

I started as a teller in 1989 and have since enjoyed working as a supervisor in that department. I changed focus in 2000 to work in administration providing support to as many as 11+ sales officers at a time. I have also had the opportunity to gain experience working as a supervisor in this department as well.

Without a doubt, had the bank not decided to move administration out of the branches and closing my department I would still be working for Scotiabank.
Pros
Great benefits and plenty of upward mobility
Cons
High stress dealing with disgruntled customers.
Productive and learning work place
Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 11, 2016
Enjoyable work environment. Salary is under par. Management for my department is very good. Understanding and helpful employees
Great work environment and team
Project Control Officer - CPCP PMO (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Very structured and organized, A high paced environment as the CPCP program was a multi-million dollar project for this financial institution. Management had clear direction as to what needed to be done and how to get it done. Co-workers were by far the best team I have ever worked with.
Customer Support/Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 5, 2016
Main Branch was a great place to work for me, all my coworkers and bosses were always respectful and willing to help all the time.
excellent
Derivatives Risk Analyst, Limit Monitoring (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 31, 2015
-good/worklife balance

-laid back culture

-good management

-bad thing is it's boring

-awesome colleagues

-enjoyable part is the people
Was great for a summer student
Customer Service Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 29, 2015
hours were not bad, had its own cafeteria lots of room for advancement however I was only a summer student, great training and great clients
Solid place to work with good job security
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 22, 2015
Solid place to work with good job security.
Attentive and helpful co-workers.
Good management.
Benefits and Salary could be better.