Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Found 1,248 reviews matching the search
Bully Work Environment
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 July 2017
They claim to care mostly about customer service, but sales are the real target. They don't really care about the person, just that the metrics. I would not recommend this company.
Pros
Money
Cons
Terrible company
Customer Service Representative
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 July 2017
Depending on which branch you work at, you might have a great time in a great team, or the opposite. Daily changes in procedure and processes. Despite an update in teller systems, they still go down a lot. Hardest part of the job is whether you get along with your client base. Advancement opportunities exist but more than likely must relocate.
Pros
Go in, do your work and leave without stress for the next day
Cons
Not enough hours, processes confusing, job aids not always clear
Good Experience
Manager Business Analysis (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2017
The company provided a challenging experience. It gives you a balance between finance and technology. It provided an overall understanding of the finance sector. It is a good place to start when you are fresh out of school.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 July 2017
Its been awhile since I worked at the Bank of Nova Scotia but it was the most rewarding job I ever had. Wouldn't mind going back. I gained a lot of experience there coming right out of high school. The company was very willing to help you in various ways to better yourself . They offered me a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Branches outside of Canada Poorly managed
Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scotiabank Caribbean23 July 2017
Worked as a part time employees, branch had veryour little support for staff. Management just kept speaking of policies but staff never got to see or review any of the policies. It's like working in a dark hole.
Pros
Cons
Working in Scotiabank
good culture with work life balance
MANAGER CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2017
Great place to work for work/life balance, great people and management. Coaching and development is ongoing daily/weekly to assist with success and personal growth.
Pros
rewards and recognitions
Cons
certain expectations have to be
Customer service consultant
Customer Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2017
Scotiabank on a while is a great company to work for. They are fair and consistent. Qualifying for advancement can be slightly tricky. The trend right now is hiring external management which to some would be considered an advantage.
Pros
Many perks ie. Company bbqs, activities, work perks
Cons
Advancement
my overall experience with Scotiabank
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 July 2017
The pay was good but it could have been higher. I was customer service officer full time. They had great teams and excellent managers of each teams. Good environment to work at but however; my last pay witch was before I left the company due to an emergency with my family, my last pay was horrible even throughout I worked 37.5 hours the previous week. Their explanation didn't make any sense. I spoke with payroll about this, and their explanation was even worse. Since I resigned from Scotiabank, I didn't even care about my last pay because I'll be moving into some better things in life. I'm still grateful to have worked at Scotiabank and I wish nothing but success to anyone willing to work there. But also, be cautions about the pay.
Pros
Good shifts
Cons
sometimes, 45 min lunch were available
Excellent Organization to Work For
Retail Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2017
Great organizational culture.

Great training program.

Wonderful co-workers.

Easy commute.

Friendly environment.

It was a pleasant experience to be employed here.
Pros
taxi service home
Cons
low pay
good management
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 July 2017
Less salary according to the work you do. Good managers, very supportive district Vice Presidents and training. sales pressure can increase at times. Too many changes going on since the new CEO took over. some good. some bad. overall a good company to work for experience.
Good place
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON19 July 2017
We are very happy with Scotiabank’s project management and implementation process and with the
Universa™ banking platform; it will allow us to enhance our partnership with our Korean members in many ways and
to successfully meet their growing financial needs on an ongoing basis.”
Embracing change
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Renfrew, ON19 July 2017
With the shift to self-service banking, changes are happening in Scotiabank. They aim to accommodate current employees in their positions while opening new ones aimed at embracing new technology.
Contractor Vision
Business analyst - Technology Application Group (Current Employee) –  Toronto - Scarborough ON19 July 2017
Conditions for contractors are a little bit different than for full-time employees, so - for example - I cannot estimate benefits/salary... I was lucky to work with good people, true professionals and that made my work days exciting.
Pros
Good job/life balance
Cons
Weak job security
Good company
Cloud engineer and Puppet master (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 July 2017
BNS will eventually lead the banking technology in Canada with its PCF and Cloud programs. With the establishment of opinionated platforms via PCF and Puppet, the company has given itself the necessary technology to develop applications faster with consistency. Of course, the rest of the bank needs to get on board with the whole agile development and opinionated platforms but given the fact that all the new hires understand and embrace agile methodology and culture, the future looks bright.
Pros
Adoption of modernized platform
Cons
Deeply rooted in IBM technologies
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS18 July 2017
Very positive environment. Everyone is so helpful and knowledgeable. You learn new things everyday. The branch I work in possibly has the friendliest staff. Overall amazing.
good place to work
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 July 2017
good place to work, with an opportunity to network and meet new people. job teaches you a lot about customer service. great way to start of banking ca
A great place to work with a very friendly staff
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 July 2017
A typical day can vary depending on how busy the branch is. But everyone is always helpful to the best of their abilities which makes it a great place to work. The most enjoyable and the hardest part are both the customers. They can make your day or ruin it.
Steady stream of Projects
Business Analyst / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2017
An enjoyable workplace environment. Worked with business staff to deliver projects large and small. Flat management structure; management was always accessible and listened to feedback, seemed always concerned with cost/benefit options. Full time staff has minimal scope and not skilled or risk taking compared with their industry counterparts. All levels of the project teams were great to work with.
Pros
Approachable and smart senior managers
Cons
Should invest more to develop internal staff
Stressful days at work
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2017
Highly target oriented, management isn't very helpful, however the position helps you improve communication skills. Enjoyable part of the job is you help people achieve their financial goals, hardest part is the stress associated with financial goals.
Contract work
Bank Teller (Contract Position) (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 July 2017
It was not easy to work as a teller in this bank, because of the constant pressure to sell their products. There was a certain quota which had to be met, and the position was only on contract.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.