SCOTIABANK

SCOTIABANK Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 25, 2014
They are making a lot of changes to become Canadas most recommended bank. Lot of learning opportunities and career advancement growth
Top Employer
Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 19, 2014
Bland corporate culture, great opportunity for advancement, worked under and alongside some great people.
An excellent organization
Operations Assistant / Customer Service Roles (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCAugust 13, 2014
Pros: team work environment
Cons: pay scale
I have seen many different roles of the bank from various departments. Of the positions I held, I enjoyed that I was constantly being challenged. I was well supported by my co-workers and management. Management is extremely supportive of those who wish to further their career and there are many aids, courses, coaching etc. to help you get there.

The – more... hardest part of my job was when I moved into the retail banking. The environment was fast-paced and stressful much of the time. Compensation for this responsibility deserves to be higher.

What I enjoyed most was the way that staff and management worked as a team. There was a really good work environment among staff including many events, fundraisers and team building exercises. – less
young and entitled staff that do not have the experience to do their jobs
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2014
Pros: great benefits, room for expansion
Cons: alot of unhappy long term staff, not a positive environment to work in, unfair treatment of staff
- micro-managed by management without the skills required to manage people.
- too many rules to be able to help customer
- not enough compassion for customers situations
- focus was not customer service, but rated on customer service
- due to a lot of changes in achieving goals, customer service went to the background
- to political
Great company to work in for new university graduates
Associate Technical Business Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2014
Scotiabank is a great place to work for for new university graduates. Students will get valuable opportunities to work on projects that have real impact in the company.
professional
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ONAugust 8, 2014
was a great place to work they where just hard to advance. loved working with the staff they where like family and some still are
Great workplace and strong team to be apart of
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCAugust 6, 2014
Scotiabank has been a great place to work for the past 6 years. It has been a fast paced environment that has taught me to be a professional, independent, and efficient customer representative. I have created lasting friendships with many of our clients and co-workers which has taught me a lot over the years. Our management team has always been very – more... supportive and understanding if anyone of us has had questions or concerns about our job. – less
Growing Company with Opportunity
Personal Banking Officer (Former Employee), Kirkland, QCAugust 3, 2014
Service clients in 4 financial pillars of banking, day-to-day banking, credit, investments and protection.
Productive, yet not demanding
Technical Specialist (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 28, 2014
A great place to work. They care about your well-being and ensure your overall happiness. They ensure they're salary is competitive and provide benefits just like the other banks.
Interesting and Challenging work profile
Senior Accounting Clerk - Banking Sector (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 25, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: system issues
Job is exciting and stressful. Environment is friendly and colleagues are cooperative.
Exciting workplace
Security Operator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 23, 2014
Pros: interesting
Cons: night shifts
Great place to work. Interesting tasks on a daily basis that allows you to utilize your specialized skills in multitasking and risk management.
Fun place to work but I need a change
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 22, 2014
I've really enjoyed working here. It's got a great 'hidden paycheck' in health benefits and day to day activities. And free banking isn't bad.
Good and bad
Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Burin, NLJuly 20, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and my job is one i enjoyed
A day at work would be doing business deposits, inputing mortgage docs, GIC's,and Loans. Ordering cash and serving the public. Management are not always easy to get along with but with a little TLC it makes for a better day. Co-workers with great to work along side of. The hardest part of the day would probably be making sure all cash's balances at – more... the end of the day, the most enjoyable part of the day would be helping the public and making sure their visit was a good experience – less
productive, fun, co-operative team
Business Analyst (Current Employee), scarbhoroughJuly 14, 2014
Working in ScotiaBank was great experience with supportive team
Enthusiastic, goal oriented and result foucs Project Manager with blend knowledge and experience in Technical and Business side of Financial Industry.
Senior Manager Business Intelligence - MIS (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 14, 2014
More than 20 years leading IT Projects in different financial institutions in Latin America and Canada, focus on productivity and efficiency generated as leverage on Technology implementation and change management.

Compelling Leader, devoted to the team ensuring problem solving and negotiation is on the table at all times, towards win-win situations. – more... I used to empower and motivate my staff, true believer on development, career advancement and sense of achievement at all times.

Expert in Quality Assurance, Testing and Software Development control projects mainly for Retail and Credit related products.

Currently focus on Business Intelligence, Analytics and information management.

Availability to travel and fully bilingual English / Spanish – less
Great place to learn, strong management, collaborate environment.
Client Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 12, 2014
- Typical day at work involves ensuring that all client accounts are operating within their legal agreement. This involves ensuring receipt of financial information is provided, all accounts and loan facilities are in good standing, and ensuring all conditions are met prior to advancing funds. I work directly with several groups across the bank (credit, – more... sales, risk, compliance, collateral, product implementation, funding, etc.) to ensure all accounts are maintained at the highest degree, customer satisfaction is upheld and advanced, and that all requests are processed in the timeliest fashion. – less
POSITIVE
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 7, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: salary
a positive employment experience, good culture, great team work, reputable organization
Excel at Client Service
Senior Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJuly 1, 2014
Pros: great team atmosphere
Cons: selling mortgages, loans, visas.
Our Scotiabank branch is fabulous team atmosphere. Everyone is easy to work with and all pitching in where necessary.

Scotiabank went to a new system just after I started and I no longer can just work with clients investments and create overall financial plans to further enhance a clients goals.

I must sell mortgages, loans, visas, etc., in which – more... I have a hard time to increase an average persons debt obligations. – less
Usual Branch Banking Atmosphere
Small Business Advisor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 26, 2014
Developed sales and account/relationship management skills through this client-facing role. Management and co-workes are supportive.
Good place to work, overall.
Head Teller / Front Reception (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2014
Pros: benefits, good pay, advancement opportunities
Cons: higher wage would be nice for higher responsibility positions such as the one i had.
Scotiabank was a nice place to work. The environment was good, the advancement opportunities were available also. I just found in my personal experience that with my particular branch manager, she was young and new to the job and needed to be more professional at times. Overall, I would love to work for them again.

1 2 3 4 5

About SCOTIABANK

Scotiabank is a leading financial services provider in over 55 countries and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming – Read more