Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Awesome co-workers
Home Finance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 23, 2016
Independent environment. As a mortgage professional your really need to work hard to generate your own leads. Management have been really awesome
changing work enviroment
Sr. Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Digby, NSSeptember 21, 2016
After 25 years of loyal dedication to my job and clients, my job was eliminated, this was a Canada wide initiative that the bank took.
Excellent
Customer Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONSeptember 19, 2016
Scotiabank is a excellent Financial Firm to work for.They provided excellent training and many hands on deck opportunities
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2016
This a great place to work with wonderful people, always willing to help. Office environment/Management is very professional, always ready to help, guiding you to succeed.
Demanding and High Stress
Banker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 13, 2016
Great place to work, lots of great people to work with. Lots of internal politics in play all the time, must be willing to "coach up" to managers.
An excellent company!
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Grand Falls-Windsor, NL/Baie Verte, NLSeptember 10, 2016
I had a wonderful time with Scotiabank. I was treated with respect and was given plenty of opportunities to earn respect from my customers and peers. I provided daily services to customers regarding the sales of credit products, assisting with finances and offering budget solutions. My managers treated me like a welcome part of the team and my co-workers offered help and support through every step of my adventure with Scotiabank. The hardest part of the job was the demand for relocation. I was hoping for a position that would help me get settled but it turned out that I was expected to move to many communities before I could be offered that stability. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the satisfaction I could provide to my customers by assisting them with my own set of cultivated skills.
Pros
Full Time, Salary, Benefits, Excellent Atmosphere
Cons
Lack of job/location stability
so/so
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 2, 2016
good place to work
good co-workers
new exec team ruthless, making a lot of changes and cuts
unrealistic goals set
managers looking out for themselves
Good Place towork
Financial Advisor giving advice and solutions (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 1, 2016
typical day is giving financial advice to customers to meeting their long and short term financial goals.
my coworkers were great to work with as a team.
I enjoyed meeting with customers and working as a team.
Pros
Good work culture
A very dynamic place
Project Manager / SCRUM Master (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 29, 2016
Scotiabank is an amazing company to work for. it provides constant challenges, which is a good thing if you do not like routines. Provides constant and endless possibilities to learn and grow within
Pros
Dynamic
Working at Scotiabank
Sr. QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 24, 2016
It's great working environment with very helpful co-workers. Working at Scotiabank is stressful and but if you work hard you will be rewarded for it.
Great Place to work
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 23, 2016
Great benefits, treats employees fairly, great co workers. Would be nice to have more flexibility with schedules. Fair time off and comparable to other financial industries.
No much benefits for Landed resources
Agile Architect (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 13, 2016
Lot of opportunites to learn and all the processes are self-driven. Every single action involves extensive document/form filling.
Productive work environment
Intermediate Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONAugust 11, 2016
Great place to learn and develop skills that can be transferable to any organization. Support from management when needed and current company goals are aligned with future technologies.
HORRIBLE, unpayed, under appreciated, lay offs
Dealer Finance (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 11, 2016
Salary is below market, your expected to do far more than you're paid for, pressure, stress, and little to no reward. immature bad management, all about favoritism, not quality of work, if you have an opinion they will run you out. mass lay-offs, only concerned with bottom line.
Pros
Cons
everything
Excellent Work/Life Balance and team work.
Business Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 8, 2016
A typical day at work involves scheduled meetings and walkthrough sessions with stakeholders. I have learnt that the key is communication both written and verbal to ensure that we keep to the project timelines and deliverables or otherwise make adjustment via project change request.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with attrition, where mid stream into a project, a project lead or member leaves the project.
I have found overcoming project challenges and deploying a working solution an enjoyable part of the job.
Place to grow and enhance the skills.
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 7, 2016
Place for growth
Enhance knowledge in accounting
Getting three week of vacation and health benefits with match to RRSP contributions
Credit analyst position helped me to learn about analysing the financial statements.
Multi-tasking
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NLAugust 5, 2016
Throughout my time at the bank each day consisted of assisting clients, giving them financial guidance, and informing them of services available to fit their needs. I learned to work with a team and contribute to a positive working environment. Meeting different people was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great working environment with dedicated and interesting people. Management supportive with individual career development.
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 5, 2016
1) Be up to date with market news, follow financial news on the internet/television.
3) Go through the client emails and voicemails and respond back.
3) Review agenda for the day and prepare for client meetings.
4) Manage the day and plan your agenda for the next day.
5) Meet with the manager to discuss what deals have been worked on and create a pipeline for the coming weeks/months
6) Follow up with clients
7) The job teaches you to work in a team, manage your day, utilize your time efficiently and prioritize your work.
unstable
Small Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  AlbertaAugust 5, 2016
This company is very unstable for its employees they do not appreciate the staff and they only care about the bottom line. I would not recommend seeking employment here in the near future.
quality unsatisfactory
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 3, 2016
Fewer and fewer full-time jobs and poor pay. Which means less benefits. Most trained and experienced staff are looking for work else where. which is leading to poor staff retention and the quality and performance of the work place has diminished with staff shortages and lower quality employees.
Pros
3 free bank accounts and you save some money on interest....
Cons
....