Scotiabank Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place
Senior Manager - Business Analysis (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
Culture is changing in this company, not sure how it will be in future but I enjoyed my time there. Co-workers were awesome...
Business Transformation
Senior Program Manager (Current Employee), Scarborough, MEMay 20, 2016
Amazing place to work as they are in period of transformation. This is the place to be if you want to learn things in a short period of time.
Passionate working environment at Scotiabank
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 19, 2016
Co-workers are team player, we help each other to make a better team. Managers are really understandable about the branch operation and motivation
Great student job
Customer Representative (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 18, 2016
learned to deal with various customer situations
experienced a professional business setting
close culture with co-workers
team orientated
A great professional culture
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 17, 2016
A typical day at the bank includes dealing with a lot of people with different personalities and backgrounds, and providing clients with financial services. I've been lucky to work with a great team where i've learnt a lot from my manager. My team members are great, Scotia has a great culture to work in.
Decent
Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 17, 2016
Not the best, not the worst.Culture should be focused on people and not just efficiency. Pay is competitive with most banks.
Respect and Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 16, 2016
 Resolved service concerns by clarifying customer complaints and followed up to ensured resolution.
 Explained organization’s mission and customer service standards to new employees.
 Contributed to team effort and accomplished targeted sales goals.
A good place to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Brampton, ONMay 16, 2016
it was a good place with a good structure and helpful coworkers. i really enjoyed my time there as a financial advisor. the hardest part was to interact with clients while learning the system
Great place to grow
Technical Support (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
BNS is a fantastic place to grow in. They offer many ways to expand your skillset and challenge yourself. Networking is also easily done through BNS as long as you learn to be more social within the workplace.
Great Place to work
Advisory Programmer Consultant (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 15, 2016
I have more than 9 years of experience at the bank and my tenure with the bank awesome. Great work and Life balance.
_________ ________________ _______________ _________
Great Workplace and even better people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 13, 2016
Great workplace, really flexible and supportive environment for a person working and completing school. Also a great introduction to customer service, office administration and confidentiality skills.
great company
Credit Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 11, 2016
great company to work for, many perks, good management but pretty slow to move on your career. overall a good place to work at.
Great multicultural atmophere
Manager, International Benefits - Caribbean Region (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 10, 2016
Great place to work, great coworkers. Please see previous review as I worked with the same co-workers in the same department and supported the same clients.
Very informative job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 7, 2016
Pros: clients are friendly
Cons: management varies from branch to branch
overall a great job experience, great co workers and clients. Have learned a lot about personal banking that i can add to my day-to-day banking myself.
Well, it is just Co-op.
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
It depends on team, some teams are serious but some teams are connected. In all, it is co-op position in bank and it is safe anyway but bank is cutting off people crazy. I rate 4 out of 5 for my experience anyway because I learned something.
Great Canadian Bank
Program/Project Management Consultant (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2016
They have a vision of where they want to go and they are sticking to it. The company takes care of mobilizing their workforce between offices with regular shuttle service. They'll also get you to the GO Train station. Also award winning as a Best Place to Work in Canada. Highly recommended.
Manager, Business Analysis - Foreign Exchange (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 4, 2016
Pros: -
Cons: -
it is great to work for such a large bank with multiple locations around the world. The Bank is putting a lot of resources into trending technologies and is trying to become more agile.
Great Staff
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONMay 2, 2016
Great Staff very upbeat and positive. Company is beginning to lean towards the digital aspect of banking. Overall great place to work.
Innovative and learning opportunity
Decision Support Services Analyst, Finance (Current Employee), Toronto, ONApril 28, 2016
Pros: Forward thinking, learning growth
Scotiabank has given me an immense opportunity to grow my career path and learning growth. The values-Passion, Accountability, Customer Focus and Integrity- have been integrated with my day to day activities which have contributed to achieve my career objectives.
Great Learning Opportunity
Human Resource Administration Officer (Current Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 26, 2016
Pros: Presentations
Cons: Primarily an Administrative Function
Wonderful work atmosphere with trained staff who are more than happy to help.

Learned communication skills, policy, legislative requirements and procedures which are essential to any HR position.
Headquarters