Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Low productivity and too much red tape - IT only
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2016
Work/Life balance is great.
Salary and benefits are what are expected from a bank.
Job security, very good, they rarely terminate anyone.
Management: no comments
Job Culture:

Everything is in silos, you won't do anything end to end. So expect your resume in the future to have lots of gaps where you have no experience in certain things.
There is a truckload of red tape, things that could take a few days could take weeks easily.
Pros
Work / Life balance
Cons
Technical experience won't improve.
Good Intern Experience
Business Process SME (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 November 2016
Small Projects:
o Ticketing inventory system project: to consolidate past records for comparison and reconciliation using Microsoft Excel.
o Lost and found inventory management project: to reconcile the actual found to actual returns; created monthly employee-wise reports, comparison chart for lost and found against report of actual returns.
o Station Terminal Operations Communication project: at Pearson Airport during their Christmas peak hours, learning the procedures and functioning of the system they used as well as managing last minute critical situations.
o Hands on experience with Customer Service Manager on ramp
Pros
Comfortable Work environment
Cons
Internship only
Great experience
Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 November 2016
I would rather not make any comments on my experience there as I have left several years ago and things may have changed a lot since.
Excellent Place of Work
Marketing Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2016
Excellent place of work with fantastic management and co-workers. Great opportunity for growth within the company, with a great ability for strong work life balance.
fun work place
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2016
An environment you will always want to be a part of, you learn new things and you will be encouraged and motivated to want to do more and be a better person
Exploitive
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2016
Outrageous sales and meetings per week goals. Daily staff sales meetings are a verbal lashing. No support from management. Poor training, mostly on the job, while needing to meet targets.
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 November 2016
Excellent place to work. The managers and supervisors are very helpful and energetic. The environment at work is pleasant. They recognize staff for their good work
Pros
recognition
Cons
nothing
Very Productive
8 Teller (Former Employee) –  Paradise Island Bahamas25 November 2016
a typical day is very orderly, I learnt the keys toexcellent customer service with my clients and also every customer i came in contact with while I was employed at Scotiabank Bahamas. My co-workers and I were able to work together on our common goals and the effects shown when we got our PAR reviews for each quarter. The hardest part of the job was to stay "excellent" at every given point of the day as humans are subject to errors. The most enjoyable part of the job was all the people I had come in contact over the years of being employed at Scotiabank.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
miscommunication
Great company
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL24 November 2016
Scotiabank is a great company to work for if you are looking to advance. If you put in the time and effort you can climb the ladder fast. Staff are always happy and morale is high
productive
Home Financing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 November 2016
Comprehensive knowledge of mortgage sales, underwriting process, application and insurance products.
· Offered a " full package ” approach by analyzing clients financial whole picture, often a fundamental credit counsel to support mortgagors with fixing credit related problems for clients.
· Developed an extensive database of contacts dealing with realtors, commercial/ residential developers, investors and other industry related orientated professionals in order to attract
A good place to work
Analyst - Liquidity Risk Analysis (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
I enjoy working with my coworkers. There are exposures to other business segments. My boss cares about his employees and their career goals.
Good environment..not a bad work place
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
Everyday is a different challenge as we have to deal with different types of customer.

Co-workers are very helpful. Salary is very average for all the hardwork that we do.
Friendly work environment
Analyst (Co-op), Global Banking & Markets (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2016
Very good culture, learned so much on job, the management team are helpful and friendly, co-workers are all supportive, one thing is to improve efficiency during daily work.
Pros
friendly
Major Financial Institution
Senior Manager (EO Finance) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2016
Good, versatile experience of working for a Major Canadian and International Financial Institution with exposure to different issues and themes.
Fast paced and ever changing work environment!
Customer sales and service supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2016
There are exciting changes almost everyday and you are always challenged to stay on your 'A' game. Great benefits but the salary is not at par with industry standards.
Pros
Ever-changing workplace
Cons
Salary
It was a nice place to start to work fulltime. Opportunities are always available.
Senior Processing Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2016
I started to work at Scotiabank right after I landed in Canada in 1996. I was given the opportunity to advance. There was always careers available for grabs. My life started to get better as yeats go by.
Average workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
People got the right idea, but the culture is slow and resists to change. Never address true problem, rather focus to spin negatives into positives.
Good
Senior Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
- Solving Problem
- Learned to Keep Smiling
- Customer faced Management
- Co-workers are just like family
- No help when I am stuck.
- Finding solution after hard work
Strong franchise with great opportunity to add value in your role
Director - Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
The best part of the job is that I feel that I am a trusted adviser to senior management, providing valuable insights and analytics around the business utilizing your financial analysis and reporting skill.

Playing a key role as part of the decision support is challenging and rewarding at the same time.

It is definitely a place for someone who thrives on challenge.
Pros
Challenging and Engaging work
Cons
Long Hours
Commitment, Respect, Intigrity
Support and Administration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 November 2016
Enjoyed working with this wonderful company, best experience with colleagues and Management for 18 yrs. Empathy & professionalism and good benefits. Due to family matters, moved from Toronto. Recommend Scotiabank to anyone.
Pros
Treated with respect. Flexibility
Cons
Long commute, less time spent with family