Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Found 1,166 reviews matching the search
positive culture toward individual employees
Central Cashier/Customer Representitive (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK26 May 2017
Sensitive to the needs of employees and many avenues for individuals to explore to advance, learn new skills and to be heard. Show appreciation in both large and small ways throughout the year. Strong team culture at branch level especially. Was able to get to know many customers over the years and to interact and help them
Pros
Free lunches and dinners quite regularly
Cons
Couldn't always get out on time
I like a soccer game
Teller (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 May 2017
Toronto Is a diversity City and multicultural society. I learned so much about the job opportunity, I enjoy working with people because every day you learn something from the new people that you serve a customer service. However some days it is too busy to talk to the customers just greeting and how you can help the customer for particular transactions that they want to do it. I got along with the management because I do what they assign me. the hardest part of the job is when you try to help the customer and customer tell you he is not satisfied and he wants someone else to help him, I got disappointment because I am hardworking and I want always customer to be first and answer their questions. the most enjoyable part of the job is to satisfy the customer with smile and happiness
Pros
free lunches
Please refer to below:
Customer Service/Support Representative/Teller/ (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 May 2017
As an employee of Scotiabank for 22 plus years, I can only say my loyalty is above word description. In most of my years the company maintains one of the best Customer-focus culture despite ever technological advancement (for instance both external and internal customers can reach me at my direct telephone line instead of the 1-800 number all through these years).
The bank is accountable for its shareholders, customers and employees. And as an employee, I would say I am treated fairly well compared with its peer competitors in most areas of interest such as monetary compensation, and employee benefits.
Pros
Pros are more or less cancelled out by the cons.
Cons
Cons are less or more cancelled out by the pros.
Customer service
Bank Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 May 2017
Training was good
Security good
Employees were easy to get along with
Job is low stress, which is a pro
Repetitive meanial tasks a con
Was a safe enjoyable job
Pros
Training was great
Cons
Wages are low
Productive, supportive, equal opportunities.
Data Governance Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2017
Good place to work at. I work as an analyst as an intern position and have support from my manager. I am looking for a permanent opportunity with a decent pay.
Customer Service, Respect, a “Can-Do” attitude, Innovation, and Fun
Build & Release Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
I passionate about software quality and be prepared to advocate on behalf of good process and best practices. I’m comfortable working independently as well as part of a collaborative environment. I enjoy the daily challenges associated with enterprise-level software development and testing for a highly sophisticated customer base. I have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn about new technology and customer requirements. I’m an adept problem solver and thrive in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment offering rich learning opportunities.
Scotiabank
Customer Service Officer, Investments (part time) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 May 2017
Still bank there. Great company to work for.
The NE building was beautiful and full of amenities
Sales driven culture
Small Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 May 2017
Focus on acquiring new business as deposits. Lost of turnover in company especially in the early years. Minimum commitment of 2 years per position unless doing extremely well in role.
To each their own
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Val Caron, ON18 May 2017
It wasn't for me, But if sales is what drives you then you have found the place to be. They are great to their staff, and have a fantastic work/life balance.
Great work experience and network opportunity.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2017
As the branch leader I was responsible for the overall success of the branch. This includes meeting financial objectives related to the profitable growth and retention of the branch's retail and small business portfolio as well as achieving other objectives related to customer service, human resource management and operational effectiveness. I provided direction to the branch team members in a manner consistent with the overall Domestic Bank Strategy of Scotiabank, developing a customer-focused sales culture. This includes primary responsibility for embedding and sustaining sales and service management activities the branch as well as selling customized financial solutions using a financial planning approach to meet customer needs and business objectives.
Pros
Personal Development- Leadership/Relationship Building/Networking
Cons
Employees are a number only! Their contribution and efforts at times truly go on unnoticed.
Standard banking business
Personal Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2017
Making wealth isn't an easy task and requires to find ways before the competition, in order to stay ahead of the game. Therefore it will be required to always be beyond the norm.
Pros
Notorious company
Cons
Advancement isn't a straight and obvious process
Professional , goal oriented atmosphere
teller/customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON15 May 2017
Scotiabank was a great company (financial institution) to work for. The focus was on providing excellent customer service, and I really enjoyed working as part of a team.
Very Fun workplace
Concession/Beer Distributor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
Most events all were later in the afternoon or night which is perfect if you want a side job or something to keep you busy for extra cash. A very fun and eventful environment. If you are friendly and talkitive you will recieve lots of tips.
People are kind
Quality Assurance Analyst - Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2017
People are kind and willing to help each other. There are table tennis and coffee shop inside the company. The innovation is completed with new painting and furniture.
Good Stepping Stone
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 May 2017
I worked at Scotiabank for under 1 year. I was a financial advisor. Overall, the job is not overly difficult. The training I received I would consider "poor". Most of it is reading modules on a white page.. not very stimulating and very difficult to do for hours on end. I found in my original branch that it was a very supportive training environment, however after a month I was placed in my permanent branch, and all of that changed. The focus was sales sales sales all the time. The manager did not care about my development, as long as I was making sales. Selling insurance on credit cards was deemed an automatic sale, and I was to get the sale every time no matter what, even when many clients simply did not want or need the insurance. I became very stressed about work because of both the guilt of forced sales and the pressure to sell. It affected my life at home, at which time I decided to move on from banking. I would say that 99% of what you read in articles about working in banking is true.
Pros
Free Banking, Decent Benefits, Lots of perks when it comes to finance products
Cons
Poor training, high sales pressure
Getting down to basics
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2017
They were trimming down their operations to concentrate on banking.
As a consequence a lot of good people left instead of transferring somewhere else internally....
Sr. Operations Officer, Help Desk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 May 2017
Scotiabank provides lots of opportunity for advancement if you are willing to relocate to where the jobs are. Processes and positions are constantly changing to keep up with the changing market needs.
Pros
job security
Cons
never enough training
good
Project Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
Project portfolio Management and Reporting Data Analytics and Resource Management
Critical Problem Solving & Analysis Financial Tracking – Change Management
Process Improvement/Reengineering Six Sigma Green Belt capabilities and experience
Project Management & Development Life Cycle Leadership & Cross Functional Team Building
Good place to work at
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2017
Colleagues are nice to work with and friendly. The work and life can be very balanced and it depends on the individual. Overall, the culture is quite good.
Always Different
Operations Officer, Logistics (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2017
The work day would never be different. Some days would be really buys and some days would be dead. All the employees here and really nice and easy to talk to. The work is not difficult, but can be overwhelming at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.