Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
A day in the life
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2017
While employed with Scotiabank in management roles I was responsible to train, support, and coach staff to enure they knew and were up to date on internal policies and procedures.
Very good
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
A typical day at work - Very Good
Learned Testing knowledge
Very good management
Good work place culture
Discipline, Productivity and quality
Overall very good
Used to be a great place to work.
Manager Personal Banking (Former Employee) –  NS16 September 2017
Recent changes (last 3-5 years) under the new head office regime, in my opinion, have lead to a significant culture change. It is obvious now that the bottom line is the most important thing and employees are no longer treated with the respect and loyalty that we once were.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Casselman, ON16 September 2017
ScotiaBank is a good workplace to learn a lot of things and have fun at the same time. Working at a bank taught me how to make conversation with the customer and how to help them as much as I can. I was able to enjoy chatting with my co-workers and laugh about all kind of things. Management was amazing, always there to help us when we need it.
Unfair Treatment
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON15 September 2017
I was in my position for 4 months and expected to learn everything overnight without any proper training/coaching. The ball was dropped when it came to my training and I'm the one who was let go because my goals were not being met??!!???!!
I think it was totally unfair to me and I was set up for failure, but with these big companies there is no one you can voice your frustrations too.
Productive and challenging
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
This is a challenging environment to work in because requirements are always changing. We ensure project development are aligned to avoid duplication.
Pros
Benefits & Challenging Work
Cons
Hours are long and need to work at home sometimes
Long hours unrealistic expectations
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 September 2017
Scotiabank is in the middle of a culture change, with the executive strongly stating that they are focused on providing advice based solutions. Branch experience is highly dependent on management teams and can vary from terrible to excellent. The best part of the job is meeting with and helping clients, whereas the hardest part is hitting sales targets.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Difficult to manage work-life balance.
slow pace and nice co-workers
PCO (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2017
Many automation is coming soon, lots of org change, but if you have the right skills job security is still good. Outsourcing is common in IT department.
Awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 September 2017
This was a great work experience and it was a major role I'm my growth. The diversity of working with all different clients and of many different backgrounds.
Pros
growth
Cons
Environnement axé sur la performance
Spécialiste, gestion des avoirs (Former Employee) –  Laval (53)8 September 2017
Grande banque canadienne, objectifs quantifiables à atteindre chaque semaine.
Travail d'équipe parfois, mais principalement autonome.
Great student job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 September 2017
Working at Scotiabank puts emphasis on customer service and thinking on your feet. Teamwork is emphasized, and most branches have a family feel. As most young people aren't educated in financial services and products, it is a great place to gain an understanding of the financial world. For students, it offers competitive compensation and flexible hours. For those who are interested, there are appealing options for advancement. Quality of management is specific to the branch itself.
Pay
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 September 2017
The hardest part of my job is the pay which is not as competitive as it should be based on the amount of work and requirements the position requires for. We are required to do mortgages and investments along with credit products and be financial advisors but we make bare minimum which plays a huge factor in motivation
Great team to work with
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2017
I have been working with Scotiabank for about 3 years now and currently in my role I am a supervisor and in my department we deal with customer adjustments, overdrafts,staff accounts, closing overdrawn accounts. Basically what the branch cant do they send it to our department and get that request completed.Our department is called transaction fulfillment.I believe the hardest part of the job is trying to keep up with branch requests because we do serve all the branches in the country and we always usually have backlogs as well.
Pros
social events
Productive place
IT SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Distrito Federal4 September 2017
I learned team work, I also learned to work with differente characters throughout the organization. The workplace culture is one of the strongest assets of the organization.
Good job to learn the basics
Customer Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 September 2017
Good job experience to learn about finances, accounting, talking to customers, selling, as well has basic economic concepts applied to the real world.
good learning
QA Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON30 August 2017
great learning ,opportunities ,less pay and more secure .
talented business analyst and managers. very good place to work.

Highly impractical timelines.
Nice Company to work
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
Work life balance.
Support work from home.
Average Package and remunerations , Perks.
Soft Skill training are good.
Project Management tools needs to be upgraded and Process guide lines should be more standardized.
Pros
Project, Incident Management tools needs upgrades
Cons
Work life balance
summary
Senior Manager, IT&S Finance and HR Finance (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2017
Good long term strategy to move into the digital age and attract younger customers
Good support for community events both in Canada and internationally
stressful workplace with its benefits
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL30 August 2017
set daily schedule that involved:
-prep time for client meeting throughout the day, branch meeting to discuss success stories and obstacles within your work whether it be administrative or the client themselves. Throughout day I met with clients dealing multiple issues and needs. (I was qualified to set up mtgs, credit cards, line of credits, loans and even sold investments).Once meeting was over, I completed the final paper work, created notes for next contact, etc
I learned how to become organised, how to multitask, create conversation, listen and understand peoples needs, etc
Hardest part of my job was not being able to help all clients whether it was due to their financial situation or due to policy of the bank
My most enjoyable part was meeting the clients and having them smile when I was able to create a connection and satisfy their needs
Pros
benefits such as dental, medical etc
Cons
salary based, even when you brought in new money to branch, or worked extra hours
Exiting place to work
Real Estate Senior Manager Mexico, Chile & Peru (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
Always something new to challenge and learn. Working in global Bank, provides me an intercultural and diverse negotiations skills.
It is a very flexible company to work.
Pros
Proffesionalism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval