Scotiabank Employee Review

Amazing people, great work environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2013
Very considerate, and approachable leadership. Able to recognize their own weaknesses and ask for assistance to build a stronger delivery.

Other Scotiabank Employee Reviews

Good company
Data Forecaster (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2017
A very good company to work with, opportunities to grow.

Management is very efficient and effective in achieving the goal.

Employee relationship is very good.
Employee Experience
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
A typical day at work entails overseeing regulatory operations, engaging with customers and coaching and developing talent. I have learnt that I need to lead through example. As a leader, we are faced with diverse, on going challenges. It is important that we respond to these challenges with a positive attitude and a solution based approach. It is also important that we bring energy and a goal mindset to work. It is our job to keep our teams focused and on plan. Recognition is key in the workplace. As a leader, we need to bring the team together as often as possible to ensure unity and that everyone is working together towards a common goal. These are the opportunities we have to recognize success, brainstorm around challenges and share pertinent team information. The most difficult aspect of the job has been leading through transformation change. We have to keep our teams motivated and inspired and support them in future career development. The most enjoyable aspect of the job is the people. Working as a team towards sales and customer service targets or fundraising goals has been very rewarding. Furthermore, being able to develop talent and observe employees progressing within their career has been gratifying. Finally, working with customers to create customized financial plans and meet service agreements has been truly enjoyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Scotiabank. Our community is ready to answer.