Scotiabank

Scotiabank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Overall, Pretty good place to work
Senior Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: Lower salary
My experience here has been pretty good. A lot of politics and compensation is less than other banks. The job security used to be pretty good, but due to restructuring, this is not the case anymore.
Great Staff
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 29, 2015
I worked 8 Hours a Day 5 Days a week. My co-workers were great to work with and I enjoyed meeting new people. I enjoyed getting to know the staff.
sales driven environment
Personal Banking Officer (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJuly 28, 2015
i found that it was very, very difficult to keep sales totals in today's economy. I was fortunate to have had amazing coworkers.
Great job security and newly renewed push towards technology
Programmer Analyst Senior (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 26, 2015
Overall a good company to work for if not the most exciting positions. Great job security assuming you know what you are doing.
Productive Environment and learning new things
Assisting customers (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Occasional Free lunch and occasional One hour lunch break
Cons: Asked to do favors by management who does not show appreciation
- Preparing the banks cash for the days use.
- I have learned a lot of financial accounts and which would be best for specific types of needs and learned processed a lot faster as I got to perform them more.
- Management was not easy to work with, they are not always there to support staff and if something were to go wrong they are quick to shift blame.
- The team itself is a pleasure to work with
- Interacting with managers who do not support you when they should.
- Interacting with the public and learning new things and seeing the customer satisfaction after transaction has been complete.
no comments
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 20, 2015
Low Salary, to much is expected for the salary. Unrealistic expectation. Overall, great job security. Good job to meet new people, good advancement.
Providing excellent customer service
Customer Service Representative (part-time) (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONJuly 19, 2015
In my time working as a customer service representative, I have learned to be attentive to what customers need and how to provide solutions to their inquiries.
Stressfull environment
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Extreme workload, stress
Stressful environment, low salary and extreme workload which leads to constant unpaid overtime. Unsupportive management, which does not care about its employees.
Productive and Inviting workplace
CUSTOMER REPRESENTATIVE/FINANCIAL ADVISOR TRAINEE (Former Employee), Alliston, ONJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Good lunches, good coworkers
My time at Scotiabank was a great learning experience learning about the financial industry and the various jobs that come with it. My main focus was customer experience ensuring every customer left satisfied with the service I provided them, whether it was completing a transaction or just answering general inquiries on subjects I was able to educate on. Learned a lot about confidentiality, security, and professionalism.
Bank Environment
Director of Global (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 13, 2015
They provide good Bank Perks that employees can advantage of especially banking fees and so on...
My Review
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Kelowna, B.C.July 9, 2015
Pros: Friendly staff, working with the public, hours good, acknowledgement of successes.
Cons: very busy, sometimes not enough hours in the day
Started our day off by checking our agenda's and preparing for the day. Then usually followed by a morning staff meeting where we discussed our successes, any unfortunate situations which may of occurred, product knowledge, etc. This helped with motivating our peers and kept us all on top with our product knowledge. Management had an open door concept to ensure their staff, they were always available for any concerns or questions that they may have. Easily interacted with co-workers both on a personal and professional basis.
The hardest part of my job was to have to have to decline a customer for a credit product when they did not qualify. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with my clients.
Stagnent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oakville, ONJuly 7, 2015
Good place to work,
room for growth, but difficult to without backing from superior management,
customer service suffered most, but with little pay
Team work and sales targets
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABJuly 1, 2015
Setup own sales target for each day to achieve monthly goals. Earned lots of commission in busy months, at the end of the year , figured out that one sales person can earn more money than manager with one's hardwork and consistency at work. Help co-workers to achieve their targets and earn good money. Customer service, and clerical jobs are my passion, I love working with MS-Office. I enjoyed help customer to get satisfaction of products and customers helped my with referrals.
Productive, Fun, Full of learnings
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 30, 2015
Soctiabank has a unique culture which resonates a small business style, thought being one among the top 5 banks in canada Scotiabank has been able to sustain such culture resulting in longer employee retention lifecycles and overall satisfaction.
Customer service (Former Employee), WinnipegJune 29, 2015
Pros: great employee recognition
Cons: not enough hours
Scotiabank treats their employees very well, and is always helping out to make sure you as an employee are heading in the direction you would like to be in.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 28, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Too much politics at times
Available tools for continued learning. Great co-workers, team effort and engagement. There was a mixed bag of expectations on a daily basis which would balance out the week in terms of levels of stress. However, the work typically gets completed successfully and on time so you can feel good about it.
More opportunities to work challenging projects
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 16, 2015
I have rejoined Scotiabank as a contractor. What I like about the Scotia is that I have had the chance to work on mutilate in a very short period. It is fast paced and professionally rewarding.
Bad Experience
Bussines Analyst / Project coordinator (Current Employee), TorontoJune 16, 2015
I would not recommend this place for working
management is not trained to manage
bad team cohesion
discrimination
lack of training
lots of gaps
Better than no job,worse than any same type alternative
Manager (Former Employee), TorontoJune 6, 2015
Pros: a job to pay some
Cons: Many
It's a poisonous workplace with cold and unsupportive management.If you just need a little money and not respect, you can choose to work here because it provides low level of pay and if you expect respect from your managers and you will be thought as one who is not easily managed and some day be kicked out.
At most a stepping-stone and leave as soon as you can.Most recently as a customer, I feel most service staff are new because they have almost no decent knowledge to finish their job.I just got to know from here that the bank fired a lot or a lot chose to leave the bank due to the bank's traditions of caring employees least. Correspondingly, they have many openings for green people who expect low pay but provide long-time working hours and lowest quality services to clients. But most low level workmates are kind and they just want the pay and not active in contributing to the bank in long term.
Less money and less fun and less respect, one of worst place to work in Canada Banking industry.
Not good company
Facility Manager, Scarborough Data Center (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 29, 2015
Pros: None.
Cons: Bad compensation
Not a good company. Very poor compensation except for executives. Work hard but only executives make good pay. Benefit is bad too.

1 2 3 4 5

About Scotiabank

Scotiabank is a leading financial services provider in over 55 countries and Canada's most international bank. Since welcoming – Read more